PDA

View Full Version : What are Serena's chances at year ending #1?

Marty-Dom
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:04 AM
What is her margin of points starting next week?

Geisha
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:05 AM
Good question.

I am wondering how long she can realistically stay there, especially with Jankovic and Ivanovic playing more tournaments.

kwilliams
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:06 AM
I think her chances are pretty good. She has a few less points to defend than most players so as long as she actually turns up to a few events she should hold onto it. Also Doha is a good opportunity for her to earn some real points too! I think and hope that now she is world number 1 she won't want to let that go!

starin
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:07 AM
She's defending 411 points in the fall. Which is a lot.

I'm not sure how much her lead over jankovic is

Tennisstar86
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:07 AM
I'm pretty sure the only person who COULD catch her in Jelena..... and thats a stretch with her being topped out on tournaments.....

In The Zone
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:08 AM
I'm pretty sure the only person who COULD catch her in Jelena..... and thats a stretch with her being topped out on tournaments.....

It'll be a race between Jelena and Serena unless someone else goes on a Safina-like run.

Safina is playing every tournament in sight. But like Jelena, she'll probably be capped out at 17 soon.

gaviotabr
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:11 AM
I think Serena will be year end number 1. Unless Jankovic starts winning or getting to the final of every tournament she enters, because her 17 best result is 90, there isn't much room to add. Serena has empty spots that she can fill.

But the margin is just over 100 points. I think Serena will have 4091 and Jankovic 3965.

starin
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:16 AM
it's close btwn her and Jelena in points.
Jankovic has 477 points to defend.