View Full Version : Serena Williams will never win anything

Volcana
Sep 8th, 2008, 03:50 AM
Serena Williams will never win anything
Serena Williams will never win a slam
Serena Williams will never be #1
Serena Williams will never win as many slams as Martina Hingis
Serena Williams will never win as many slams as Monica Seles
Serena Williams will never win as many slams as .... BJK?

That last, I've never seen. All the others, I've seen about Serena (or Venus) in one form or another for ten years.

Destiny
Sep 8th, 2008, 03:53 AM
:hug:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Sep 8th, 2008, 03:54 AM
:)

friendsita
Sep 8th, 2008, 03:55 AM
get me a bottle of champagne
hatersssssssssssss jaja

Geisha
Sep 8th, 2008, 03:56 AM
Always lovin' the haters!

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 8th, 2008, 03:58 AM
There have certainly been times I didn't think she would win another Grand Slam and until recently I didn't really consider it likely that she would ever reclaim the number one spot. I was wrong on both counts.

young_gunner913
Sep 8th, 2008, 03:59 AM
SERENA "SILENCING BITCHES WHENEVER I WANT" WILLIAMS.

:hearts::worship:

Whitehead's Boy
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:04 AM

That last, I've never seen. All the others, I've seen about Serena (or Venus) in one form or another for ten years.

Who said that, the imaginary voice you hear in your head?

The persecution complex of the Williams fans is so massive, it would make a good post-doctoral study. In psychatry.

Rocketta
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:06 AM
the funny part is now all those people will act like they never said anything like that. :lol:

Pureracket
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:08 AM

The persecution complex of the Williams fans is so massive, it would make a good doctoral thesis. In psychatry.What's "psychatry?" :kiss:

Whitehead's Boy
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:10 AM
What's "psychatry?" :kiss:

That's how Dawn Maree spells psychiatry.

Volcana

The persecution complex of the Williams fans is so massive, it would make a good post-doctoral study. In psychatry.Sometimes, and it's rare, it's not even worth the arguement. Folks who have been on this board, and the AOL bord before it got shut down, need no reminders.

If you want to put it down to a 'persecution complex', go right ahead. If it's September, and Venus has won Wimbledon, and Serena has won the USOpen, life is solid.

Rocketta
What's "psychatry?" :kiss:

the branch of medicine that only he knows about. :cuckoo:

tennistuff
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:12 AM
By the players championship they will be predicting her down fall. LOL

Slutati
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:13 AM
:yawn:

Volcana
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:14 AM
the funny part is now all those people will act like they never said anything like that. :lol:It IS funny. But this particular poster could be someone who really wasn't around in the late 90's.

Adal
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:14 AM
um.. okay.

Olórin
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:15 AM
It IS funny. But this particular poster could be someone who really wasn't around in the late 90's.

It's more than likely.

Whitehead's Boy
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:18 AM
Sometimes, and it's rare, it's not even worth the arguement. Folks who have been on this board, and the AOL bord before it got shut down, need no reminders.

If you want to put it down to a 'persecution complex', go right ahead. If it's September, and Venus has won Wimbledon, and Serena has won the USOpen, life is solid.

Please provide sources for the following claims:

Wait, you're actually referring to some trolls in AOL messageboard? I thought you were referring to media.

Serena J. Williams just won her 9th Slams, and all some people worry about is what a troll on a AOL messageboard said 10 years ago.

Like I said, a good study case for psychiatrists.

AnomyBC
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:20 AM
Serena Williams will never win as many slams as Billie Jean King :)

Rocketta
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:22 AM
It IS funny. But this particular poster could be someone who really wasn't around in the late 90's.

um, that poster is not around in the 00's. :cuckoo:

lizchris
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:23 AM
Please provide sources for the following claims:

Wait, you're actually referring to some trolls in AOL messageboard? I thought you were referring to media.

Serena J. Williams just won her 9th Slams, and all some people worry about is what a troll on a AOL messageboard said 10 years ago.

Like I said, a good study case for psychiatrists.

Tracy Austin
Pat Cash
Mary Carillo
John McEnroe
Ted Robinson
Most AP tennis writers
Matt Cronin
Pete Bodo
Greg Garver

Whitehead's Boy
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:26 AM
Tracy Austin
Pat Cash
Mary Carillo
John McEnroe
Ted Robinson
Most AP tennis writers
Matt Cronin
Pete Bodo
Greg Garver

All I see here is a list of tennis players and journalists.

None of them would have been foolish enough to say Serena would never win anything or wouldn't be number 1. Right from the start, Serena was hyped as being better than Venus.

Volcana
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:29 AM
Please provide sources for the following claims:If you've been around long enough to be familiar with me and my posts, this answer will surprise you.

No.

Volcana
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:33 AM
Right from the start, Serena was hyped as being better than Venus.The entertainment value of your presence has just increase tenfold. 'hyped?" The only person wo said that 'from the start' was Richard Williams.

What's next? Nobody ever said that all Venus and Serena do is hit the ball hard?

Whitehead's Boy
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:34 AM
No.

Okay.

Moving on to the next topic.

DOUBLEFIST
Sep 8th, 2008, 07:08 AM
...Serena was hyped as being better than Venus.

Yes, she was. BY RICHARD...,

and no one believed him!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You obviously don't know your history.

stevos
Sep 8th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Whitehead's Boy is failing.

Serena and Venus have always been doubted, and always will be doubted. It's like a fact of tennis life.
And they almost always prove wrong.

sonnys
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:09 AM
:confused:

Kworb
Sep 8th, 2008, 10:16 AM

The persecution complex of the Williams fans is so massive, it would make a good post-doctoral study. In psychatry.

:worship:

Whitehead's Boy
Sep 8th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Whitehead's Boy is failing.

Serena and Venus have always been doubted, and always will be doubted. It's like a fact of tennis life.
And they almost always prove wrong.

I asked for sources for the claims Volcana made, and he refused to provide them. Who is failing miserably?

Lizchris provided a long list of tennis players, commentators and journalist. Please provide a quote that ANY of them predicted Serena would 1) Never win anything 2) Never win a Slam 3) Never be number 1.

Unfortunately for some Williams fans, I do know my tennis history. Venus and Serena were hyped to death.

And Serena was quickly referred to as being better than Venus. (And not just by Daddy). Chicago 97 anyone? She beat Seles and Pierce there. And then the wins against top players came very quickly (Davenport @ Sydney after, etc). No sane journalist would have predicted she would have never won anything, as the wins came quickly at the beginning of her career.

Olórin
Sep 8th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Unfortunately for some Williams fans, I do know my tennis history. Venus and Serena were hyped to death.

So them being hyped by some quarters precludes them being doubted in others. Stunning logic.

Whitehead's Boy
Sep 8th, 2008, 02:09 PM
So them being hyped by some quarters precludes them being doubted in others. Stunning logic.

I will not comment any post from now until source (ie, EVIDENCE) is posted that people predicted:

1) That Serena would never win anything.
2) That Serena would never win a Slam.
3) That Serna would never be number 1.

EVIDENCE NUMBER 1:

Here we have a person from 97 who says Carillo predicted Serena would be better than Venus:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.tennis/browse_thread/thread/86aff37d33fc1fe9/f56473d0ff0b9b6a?lnk=st&q=%22serena+williams%22+-sex#f56473d0ff0b9b6a

Whitehead's Boy
Sep 8th, 2008, 02:12 PM
EVIDENCE NUMBER 2, Australian Open 1998:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.tennis/browse_thread/thread/5eafd7248d0aca24/af3078cf84555a06?lnk=st&q=%22serena+williams%22+-sex#af3078cf84555a06

"This was the first I'd seen of Serena Williams, and she can most definitely play tennis."

"Serena Williams looks very good from the brief segment I watched. She is probably indeed better than Venus"

Whitehead's Boy
Sep 8th, 2008, 02:15 PM
EVIDENCE NUMBER 3, 1998 Interview:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.tennis/browse_thread/thread/7b1923bb586365ed/ed30aaf999116947?lnk=st&q=%22serena+williams%22+-sex#ed30aaf999116947

"Q. I have read a couple of stories that say you might even be
a better player or will be than Venus which really says a lot
because she has really improved. I am wondering what do
you think people see in you skills-wise that makes them say
stuff like that?"

Olórin
Sep 8th, 2008, 02:22 PM
I will not comment any post from now until source (ie, EVIDENCE) is posted that people predicted:

EVIDENCE NUMBER 1:

Here we have a person from 97 who says Carillo predicted Serena would be better than Venus:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.tennis/browse_thread/thread/86aff37d33fc1fe9/f56473d0ff0b9b6a?lnk=st&q=%22serena+williams%22+-sex#f56473d0ff0b9b6a

The fact of the matter is that people doubted Serena. Great things were predicted it's true, but a lot of negative things were also said. No-one is under any obligation to prove anything to you. So don't labour under the delusion that they are for any longer or that they need to.

Olórin
Sep 8th, 2008, 02:24 PM
What are those articles supposed to be evidence of? :confused:

DA FOREHAND
Sep 8th, 2008, 02:28 PM

They are evidence of how easy it is for a troll to get someone to engage it in a debate.:tape:

Whitehead's Boy
Sep 8th, 2008, 02:31 PM
"The fact of the matter is that people doubted Serena."

No, they generally did not doubt she would win Slams, be number 1. Please provide evidence if you want to claim otherwise.

"No one is under any obligation to prove anything to you."

When you make claims, and they appear to be bogus, unless you provide evidence to back up those claims, then you have zero credibility.

That people were saying right from the start Serena would be better than Venus. Surely people wouldn't say that if they thought Serena would never win anything, or be number 1.

Whitehead's Boy
Sep 8th, 2008, 02:40 PM
So Volcana laughed at me when I said people right from the start were saying Serena was better than Venus.

I have provided 3 quotes which strongly suggest that indeed, people were saying that.

"I have read a couple of stories that say you might even be a better player or will be than Venus."

"She is probably INDEED better than Venus"

"Didn't Mary Carillo predict that Serena Williams was going to surpass her
sister Venus?"

Will Volcana come back and apologize, or will he just pretend this thread doesn't exist? Or will he do his homework and provide quotes to support his claims?

Olórin
Sep 8th, 2008, 02:41 PM

No, they generally did not doubt she would win Slams, be number 1. Please provide evidence if you want to claim otherwise.

When you make claims, and they appear to be bogus, unless you provide evidence to back up those claims, then you have zero credibility.

That people were saying right from the start Serena would be better than Venus. Surely people wouldn't say that if they thought Serena would never win anything, or be number 1.

That is the point, they do not appear to bogus apart from to you, your chip and your amateur "psychatry".

You have tried to turn the debate into whether people were saying Serena was better than Venus or not, rather people saying Serena would never be number one or not. What do you think you've achieved here?

Whitehead's Boy
Sep 8th, 2008, 02:46 PM
That is the point, they do not appear to bogus apart from to you, your chip and your amateur "psychatry". They are perfectly reasonable.

Unless you provide evidence, they are NOT perfectly reasonable.

Please provide evidence to support the following claims people apparently made:

1) "Serena will never win anything".
2) "Serena will never win a Slam".
3) "Serena will never be number 1".

You cannot provide evidence, because no one has ever said that. Right from the start of her career, Serena was beating top players.

Whitehead's Boy
Sep 8th, 2008, 02:50 PM
You have tried to turn the debate into whether people were saying Serena was better than Venus or not

Hum, if people said Serena was better than Venus, then logically they wouldn't have said she would have never won anything or be number 1. Venus was already successful in 97 and 98.

If you're going to claim people simultaneously thought Serena was better than Venus AND that she would never won anything and be number 1, good luck with that.

Whitehead's Boy
Sep 8th, 2008, 02:53 PM
And, by the way, yes there was a time people started to doubt Serena. But even some of her fans doubted her! It was perfectly reasonable to question where her career was going with her injuries, and whether or not she was motivated to play tennis.

But otherwise, even if people were sometimes negative toward Serena (for all sort of reason, like her alleged arrogance), it is simply not true that people doubted Serena talent and ability to become a champion and number 1.

kwilliams
Sep 8th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Well, the sisters, particularly Serena love to silence their detractors. She's done it before and she'll do it again I'm sure. Today's a good day!

Volcana
Sep 8th, 2008, 02:56 PM
So Volcana laughed at me when I said people right from the start were saying Serena was better than Venus.That's true, but how did you hear me?
Okay.

Moving on to the next topic.That's fine.I will not comment any post from now until source (ie, EVIDENCE) is posted that people predicted:That's fine, Really.Will Volcana come back and apologizeROTFLMAOOr will he do his homework and provide quotes to support his claims?I believe I responded to that request already. No.

Normally, I'm a big proponent of providing links to sources, but in this case, the effort just isn't worth it to me.

Whitehead's Boy
Sep 8th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Normally, I'm a big proponent of providing links to sources, but in this case, the effort just isn't worth it to me.

Translation: I have made a fool of myself by claiming some people said Serena would never win anything or be number 1, so I'll pretend it's not worth the effort to prove my point.

Owned.

Next topic.

Marshmallow
Sep 8th, 2008, 03:19 PM
My favourite is: 'Serena has lost her nerve!'

Not last night :sobbing: Valiant Serena!

serenus_2k8
Sep 8th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Translation: I have made a fool of myself by claiming some people said Serena would never win anything or be number 1, so I'll pretend it's not worth the effort to prove my point.

Owned.

Next topic.

Proving something to a troll is a waste of time until they prove they are worth proving something too.

You are not, now shoo.

:wavey:

Volcana
Sep 8th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Next topic.I believe you said 'next topic', three pages ago, yet here you are. So obviously, you are trying to convince someone of something. I'm not. I don't need you to agree with me.

OTOH, your efforts to re-write history are somewhat amusing. So why don't you keep doing your version of moving on to the 'next topic', which is repeating the same topic.

Whitehead's Boy
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:25 PM
I believe you said 'next topic', three pages ago, yet here you are. So obviously, you are trying to convince someone of something. I'm not. I don't need you to agree with me.

OTOH, your efforts to re-write history are somewhat amusing. So why don't you keep doing your version of moving on to the 'next topic', which is repeating the same topic.

The only person who is re-writing history is you.

FACT:

Serena Williams beat Monica Seles and Mary Pierce, Chicago 97.

FACT:

Serena Williams beat Lindsay Davenport, Sydney 98.

Now, tell me, which journalist would be foolish enough to say Serena would never win anything, or would never be number 1, when she was successful right from the start. I HAVE NEVER HEARD A JOURNALIST, OR A COMMENTATOR SAY THAT. What people were saying is that Serena talent was amazing, and that she was better than Venus. Yes, the Wiliams sisters have been criticized all their career, for all sort of reasons, BUT SERENA TALENT HAS NEVER BEEN PUT INTO DOUBT.

I'm sorry but you're the one rewriting history.

You have not provided any evidence to support your claims. You REFUSE to do so.

The only conclusion is that you're full of it, and any objective person (not deluded Serena fans who share the same massive persecution complex) will see so by reading this thread.

Whitehead's Boy
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Proving something to a troll is a waste of time until they prove they are worth proving something too.

You are not, now shoo.

I do not see any evidence in that post to support the claims Volcana has made. All I see is a baseless attack that I am a "troll". But, a troll doesn't support his claims with sources, like I did. A troll is a person who makes baseless assertions. In that discussion, the troll would be Volcana.

Please provide evidence people said:

1) that Serena would never win anything.
2) that Serena would never win a Slam.
3) that Serena would never be number 1.

Unless you provide evidence for those claims, Volcana should be considered to be the troll, not me.

-Sonic-
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:38 PM

What a loada BS!!! :tape: :help:

Richard_from_Cal
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Call me a sexist pig.
Call me a sexist pig.
Call me....

Call me, Serena...

Wait a minite....Ratner...Long....somebody's there ahead of me. Still,

http://www.newsday.com/media/photo/2008-08/41613593.jpg

hmmm

Tamus
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:56 PM
My god, some people really are delusional. :o

BuTtErFrEnA
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Okay.

Moving on to the next topic.

I asked for sources for the claims Volcana made, and he refused to provide them. Who is failing miserably?

Lizchris provided a long list of tennis players, commentators and journalist. Please provide a quote that ANY of them predicted Serena would 1) Never win anything 2) Never win a Slam 3) Never be number 1.

And Serena was quickly referred to as being better than Venus. (And not just by Daddy). Chicago 97 anyone? She beat Seles and Pierce there. And then the wins against top players came very quickly (Davenport @ Sydney after, etc). No sane journalist would have predicted she would have never won anything, as the wins came quickly at the beginning of her career.

wait a sec.....:confused:

EVIDENCE NUMBER 1:

EVIDENCE NUMBER 2, Australian Open 1998:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.tennis/browse_thread/thread/5eafd7248d0aca24/af3078cf84555a06?lnk=st&q=%22serena+williams%22+-sex#af3078cf84555a06

"This was the first I'd seen of Serena Williams, and she can most definitely play tennis."

"Serena Williams looks very good from the brief segment I watched. She is probably indeed better than Venus"

EVIDENCE NUMBER 3, 1998 Interview:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.tennis/browse_thread/thread/7b1923bb586365ed/ed30aaf999116947?lnk=st&q=%22serena+williams%22+-sex#ed30aaf999116947

"Q. I have read a couple of stories that say you might even be
a better player or will be than Venus which really says a lot
because she has really improved. I am wondering what do
you think people see in you skills-wise that makes them say
stuff like that?"

So Volcana laughed at me when I said people right from the start were saying Serena was better than Venus.

I have provided 3 quotes which strongly suggest that indeed, people were saying that.

"I have read a couple of stories that say you might even be a better player or will be than Venus."

"She is probably INDEED better than Venus"

"Didn't Mary Carillo predict that Serena Williams was going to surpass her
sister Venus?"

Will Volcana come back and apologize, or will he just pretend this thread doesn't exist? Or will he do his homework and provide quotes to support his claims?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused:

Unless you provide evidence, they are NOT perfectly reasonable.

Please provide evidence to support the following claims people apparently made:

1) "Serena will never win anything".
2) "Serena will never win a Slam".
3) "Serena will never be number 1".

You cannot provide evidence, because no one has ever said that. Right from the start of her career, Serena was beating top players.

Hum, if people said Serena was better than Venus, then logically they wouldn't have said she would have never won anything or be number 1. Venus was already successful in 97 and 98.

If you're going to claim people simultaneously thought Serena was better than Venus AND that she would never won anything and be number 1, good luck with that.

And, by the way, yes there was a time people started to doubt Serena. But even some of her fans doubted her! It was perfectly reasonable to question where her career was going with her injuries, and whether or not she was motivated to play tennis.

But otherwise, even if people were sometimes negative toward Serena (for all sort of reason, like her alleged arrogance), it is simply not true that people doubted Serena talent and ability to become a champion and number 1.

Owned.

Next topic.

The only person who is re-writing history is you.

FACT:

Serena Williams beat Monica Seles and Mary Pierce, Chicago 97.

FACT:

Serena Williams beat Lindsay Davenport, Sydney 98.

Now, tell me, which journalist would be foolish enough to say Serena would never win anything, or would never be number 1, when she was successful right from the start. I HAVE NEVER HEARD A JOURNALIST, OR A COMMENTATOR SAY THAT. What people were saying is that Serena talent was amazing, and that she was better than Venus. Yes, the Wiliams sisters have been criticized all their career, for all sort of reasons, BUT SERENA TALENT HAS NEVER BEEN PUT INTO DOUBT.

I'm sorry but you're the one rewriting history.

You have not provided any evidence to support your claims. You REFUSE to do so.

The only conclusion is that you're full of it, and any objective person (not deluded Serena fans who share the same massive persecution complex) will see so by reading this thread.

I do not see any evidence in that post to support the claims Volcana has made. All I see is a baseless attack that I am a "troll". But, a troll doesn't support his claims with sources, like I did. A troll is a person who makes baseless assertions. In that discussion, the troll would be Volcana.

Please provide evidence people said:

1) that Serena would never win anything.
2) that Serena would never win a Slam.
3) that Serena would never be number 1.

Unless you provide evidence for those claims, Volcana should be considered to be the troll, not me.

i'm sorry am i missing something since the first "next topic" :scratch:

Richard_from_Cal
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:32 PM
My god, some people really are delusional. :o

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbOOhaNlmmQ

hingisGOAT
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Oh please. Serena was a famous prodigy from her very first WTA tournament. Sounds like a lot of complaining about nothing

Amanda
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Girl...you know all about those haters! Venus and Serena always proving them wrong!

brickhousesupporter
Sep 8th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Someone.....Anyone just post the famous Pat Cash article where he got advice from Tracy Austin that Serena is finished and will never win anymore so we can be done with this.

AlexBarrington
Sep 8th, 2008, 06:02 PM
:hearts: :worship: I love these useless threads

However, i think right now Serena deserves to be N.1 and to win more if she keep her form :)

kiwifan
Sep 8th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Sometimes, and it's rare, it's not even worth the arguement. Folks who have been on this board, and the AOL bord before it got shut down, need no reminders.

Hell Yeah!!! :aparty: :drink:

Whitehead's Boy
Sep 8th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Someone.....Anyone just post the famous Pat Cash article where he got advice from Tracy Austin that Serena is finished and will never win anymore so we can be done with this.

Did Pat Cash say Serena would never win anything? Did Pat Cash say Serena would never win a Slam? Did Pat Cash say Serena would never be number 1?

Or are you referring to the period even Serena fans started doubting her?

Whitehead's Boy
Sep 8th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Oh please. Serena was a famous prodigy from her very first WTA tournament. Sounds like a lot of complaining about nothing

Yes.

Denise4925
Sep 8th, 2008, 07:53 PM

:lol: Ain't that the truth. :lol:

Denise4925
Sep 8th, 2008, 07:54 PM

That poster didn't have to be around in the late 90's. It was true about threads like that for the last three years.