PDA

View Full Version : Women's fairplay

Barbarela
Sep 7th, 2008, 10:17 PM
I just saw now the match between Murray and Nadal and I have to say this: male players behave more friendly after matches, are more warmer and have more fairplay in comparison with female players. Women seems to being always fighting, inside and outside the courts. What's your opinion?

supergrunt
Sep 7th, 2008, 10:19 PM
It is hard to make such generalizations. I mean, we all saw what happened on Thursday night between Djokovic and Roddick and then two nights before that between Robredo and Djokovic.

Bosco123
Sep 7th, 2008, 10:22 PM
you do have a point. It's rare to see warm hand shakes on the women sides, really rear, the only warm handshakes that I can recall recently are between the Williams sisters . There are actually some woman who even don't look at the opponent on the other side of the net when shaking hands, mmmm, Chaky.

Wiggly
Sep 7th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Women can kiss and maybe hug if they are very close friends. That's about it.

I don't see Sharapova rubbing Serena's stomach after a match. :lol:

Barbarela
Sep 7th, 2008, 10:41 PM
I like Dementieva but she didn't look to Jankovic's face after their match when they shaked hands. I agree it was a great disapointment for her but some things are bigger than winning! And a lot of another players do that, not only Dementieva. It's sad!

Slutati
Sep 7th, 2008, 10:43 PM
It's much more fun when players are all bitchy to each other anyway :shrug:

Dawson.
Sep 8th, 2008, 12:43 AM
I don't see Sharapova rubbing Serena's stomach after a match. :lol:

:haha:

baleineau
Sep 8th, 2008, 12:55 AM
there's so much cattiness behind the scenes that they can hardly look at each other on court......you can tell which players like each other by the warmth of their handshakes.

the men appear to be able to be aggressive during the match but leave it behind at the end of it. they have to be big enough to shake hands and accept defeat. they have to be a man. there are obviously friendships and people who don;t like each other, but AS WITH LIFE, i think these inter-personal issues are more of a woman issue than a man issue....the men being less gossipy/bitchy, even if they could punch the other....

baleineau
Sep 8th, 2008, 12:56 AM
the guys also emulate soccer heroes etc. whereas the women emulate models/actresses more than other female athletes.....soccer guys exchange shirts as a sign of goodwill. actresses cackle and bitch about the others....

Tennisstar86
Sep 8th, 2008, 01:07 AM
i take it you didnt see the Nole on court Interview a couple nights ago....

faboozadoo15
Sep 8th, 2008, 01:41 AM
There's no dearth of bitchiness on either side.
However, it often seems men, being a little less emotional, can quickly recognize that it was a good match and they maybe even had fun playing even if they lost. Women often look extremely disappointed and very upset.

Tennisstar86
Sep 8th, 2008, 01:43 AM
There's no dearth of bitchiness on either side.
However, it often seems men, being a little less emotional, can quickly recognize that it was a good match and they maybe even had fun playing even if they lost. Women often look extremely disappointed and very upset.

Also on the men's tour more often than not, both players will have actually played ok tennis. Unfortunately for the women we get Kuznetsova vs. Chakvetdazki US Open 07 matches... we im sure as they're at the net it goes/

"Damn, you played like shit and i still lost. whats that say about me?"