PDA

View Full Version : Why is women's final scheduled to start so late?

tenn_ace
Sep 7th, 2008, 01:15 PM
:help:

:rolleyes:

I guess, only Americas will watch it live...

ce
Sep 7th, 2008, 01:16 PM
big brother

tenn_ace
Sep 7th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Tv?

Rocketta
Sep 7th, 2008, 01:25 PM
because they are trying to avoid going against football in the US and that is a very good thing if ad revenue is based on viewership..... :shrug:

Kworb
Sep 7th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Yeah I gotta work on Monday, but maybe I'll catch the first set. :(

tenn_ace
Sep 7th, 2008, 01:28 PM
have my doubts that there are ppl outthere who will spend time from 1pm to 11pm to watch first football and then tennis. I bet they would pick one or another anyways.

Destiny
Sep 7th, 2008, 01:29 PM
:sobbing:

ElusiveChanteuse
Sep 7th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Won't they fear it will rain later?:unsure: :o

améliemomo
Sep 7th, 2008, 01:34 PM

as usual,americans big channels make law,it was like that during the Olympic games with all the Michael Phelps story.:rolleyes:

Marionated
Sep 7th, 2008, 01:36 PM
I know. It's really annoying :(! Some of us have to be up early for college so can't watch the match live :sobbing:

Destiny
Sep 7th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Freaking 3 am :bigcry:

Crazy Canuck
Sep 7th, 2008, 01:40 PM

I know, right? It's almost as if that's their target audience or something.

Uh, serious answer: because CBS (or whoever is carrying it) said so.

Rocketta
Sep 7th, 2008, 01:40 PM
have my doubts that there are ppl outthere who will spend time from 1pm to 11pm to watch first football and then tennis. I bet they would pick one or another anyways.

it's not about watching football from 1-11pm. Some people will watch their favorite team start playing at 1pm and then they are free at 4pm, some people will start watching at 4pm to catch their favorite team but at 9pm more people are available to watch then... I'm all for as many people in the US getting to watch the final. Our coverage next year depends on it.

Crazy Canuck
Sep 7th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Thanks to my location, and time zones, I can wake up at 10am and get this match live, so I'm quite content with how it works out :cool:

Rocketta
Sep 7th, 2008, 01:42 PM
as usual,americans big channels make law,it was like that during the Olympic games with all the Michael Phelps story.:rolleyes:

well you should tell all these organizations to stop taking the big channels money. :lol:

tenn_ace
Sep 7th, 2008, 01:51 PM
it's not about watching football from 1-11pm. Some people will watch their favorite team start playing at 1pm and then they are free at 4pm, some people will start watching at 4pm to catch their favorite team but at 9pm more people are available to watch then... I'm all for as many people in the US getting to watch the final. Our coverage next year depends on it.

bet since this is the first regular game of the season, fans will watch a game at 1 and a game at 4. For instance, Patriots/Jacksonville-Tennessee/local at 1am and Dallas-Carolina/local at 4. And by the way, Colts schedules for 8 is also quite compelling.

The point is: those who prefer football are most probably not going to watch tennis regardless on when it is scheduled for.

Rocketta
Sep 7th, 2008, 02:00 PM
bet since this is the first regular game of the season, fans will watch a game at 1 and a game at 4. For instance, Patriots/Jacksonville-Tennessee/local at 1am and Dallas-Carolina/local at 4. And by the way, Colts schedules for 8 is also quite compelling.

The point is: those who prefer football are most probably not going to watch tennis regardless on when it is scheduled for.

maybe if Serena wasn't in the final but she is and there are most definitely fans who will watch football and tennis.

Mikey.
Sep 7th, 2008, 02:06 PM
11am for me :banana:

ce
Sep 7th, 2008, 02:09 PM
stupid organizers

Ryan
Sep 7th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Canada is, for the most part, pretty close to the States in timezones (go figure!) so I'll get to watch it at 10pm live. :shrug: I don't think they care if people in Europe see it live. I guess we should all start getting pissed at the Australian Open, right? :p

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 7th, 2008, 02:31 PM
we can all say how LOW the European ratings are now cant we ;) :spit:

Matt01
Sep 7th, 2008, 03:00 PM
stupid organizers

Indeed. The schedule of this tournament was nice at the beginning, but now it's becoming a total joke. Women's final on Sunday at 9 PM? WTF? :(

drake3781
Sep 7th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Canada is, for the most part, pretty close to the States in timezones (go figure!) so I'll get to watch it at 10pm live. :shrug: I don't think they care if people in Europe see it live. I guess we should all start getting pissed at the Australian Open, right? :p

I think you mean 8PM, unless you are in Halifax or Newfoundland.

People who will devote their Sundays to watching football = not my kind of people. Surprised there are so many of them to in fact cause other events to be scheduled around football. :shrug:

Ryan
Sep 7th, 2008, 03:13 PM
I think you mean 8PM, unless you are in Halifax or Newfoundland.

People who will devote their Sundays to watching football = not my kind of people. Surprised there are so many of them to in fact cause other events to be scheduled around football. :shrug:

I'm in Halifax, so it is 10pm.

drake3781
Sep 7th, 2008, 03:23 PM
I'm in Halifax, so it is 10pm.

Oh! I really didn't think you were there. I've been wanting to go to Nova Scotia for a long time!! :hearts: :hearts:

VictorP
Sep 7th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Good thing is a lot of people oversea will catch it.

jeep0h
Sep 7th, 2008, 04:36 PM
i dun mind though, cause i finish class at 9.30, so should be able to catch it!

SoClose
Sep 7th, 2008, 05:01 PM
4am for me :sad::sad::sad:

Amalgamate
Sep 7th, 2008, 06:41 PM
6 PM for me :dance: Not that I can watch it live anyway, stupid papers...:mad: