PDA

View Full Version : The Weather Tracker Thread

JennyS
Sep 6th, 2008, 02:46 PM
According to weather.com, it is currently "cloudy." Why couldn't they just play early this morning?!

Jorn
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:17 PM
On the radar the rain will come.
People have tickets for the Evening session, they can't play the womens Finals before 7:00pm tonight...

http://weather.yahoo.com/img/us_nyc_closeradar_medium_usen.html

doni1212
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Yeah, this is a good thread to have.
But in response to your question Jenny, most people aren't up this early on a Saturday morning. It's not "prime-time". They want people to watch the final so they can get that money!

duhcity
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Its very cloudy, but not really any rain.

But its EXTREMELY humid, and very uncomfortable. I love closeby and just walking out feels ghastly. The last few days were very hot, but today is cooler. The womens match at night should more cool though so unless it rains...

Vamos.
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Nice thread. I was thinking about making one later.

I really hope we get all matches done today. I've been looking forward to this Super Saturday for a while now; this will be an AWESOME day of tennis if we see it through! :bounce:

LDF
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:56 PM
I'm not optimistic at all :(

I predict we'll get part of the first match completed and that'll be it.

TheFifthAvocado
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:58 PM
I live in Virginia and except the couple of hours where it has stopped (like right now) it has rained all night/day and is supposed to continue in an hour or so. I imagine its going to do the same thing in New York so if they dry the court quick enough, they might have a couple of hours of play later. :woohoo:

It is extremely windy though so the play may be very unpleasant to watch. :unsure:

Vamos.
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:59 PM
This is going to be awful.

BuTtErFrEnA
Sep 6th, 2008, 04:09 PM
all these matches over the next 2 days may be painful to watch....the wind :tape:

Mightymirza
Sep 6th, 2008, 04:25 PM
pretty dry here right now :shrug: so much for a hurricane :lol:

Uranium
Sep 6th, 2008, 04:27 PM
pretty dry here right now :shrug: so much for a hurricane :lol:

I think they said around 3PM it will rain;)

Andy_POL
Sep 6th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Here's the interactive radar: http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/map/interactive/USNY0996?from=36hr_maps&zoom=8&interactiveMapLayer=radar

It's being updated every 5 minutes and is very accurate when zoomed in. The rain getting closer with every minute.

goldenlox
Sep 6th, 2008, 06:01 PM
They started the Nadal-Murray match, so they're expecting rain in a few hours, or less

esquímaux
Sep 6th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Are you serious? Weather.com is garbage. I am the one-stop shop for all your weather needs.

Uranium
Sep 6th, 2008, 07:12 PM
It's drizzling here, where I live:p

goldenlox
Sep 6th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Now it's raining. Maybe they'll show the final Sunday in the 4-7 window, after Murray-Nadal finish.

BuTtErFrEnA
Sep 6th, 2008, 08:01 PM
i guess it did come at 3 as expected