PDA

View Full Version : Any New Yorkers....

serenus_2k8
Sep 6th, 2008, 01:39 PM
.....able to give us an update on weather? Does it look set to rain:scared: ???

MH0861
Sep 6th, 2008, 02:16 PM
I live 20 mins from Flushing, it's incredibly cloudy and humid but at the moment there's no rain. I suspect they may get part of the first ATP match in, but anything else... :nervous:

PamShriver
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I live about a half hour away and it POURED last night. It's wet and windy right now, and basically cloudy right now though the sun keeps trying to peak through. The first men's match will def start.

serenus_2k8
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:47 PM
:woohoo: at least thats a start :D

LDF
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:51 PM
I'm not from New York but from all of the forecasts I've seen, I would guess that some of the Nadal-Murray match will go ahead before the rain hits, and the worst of the weather is set to arrive at about 6pm NY time :(

I've seen that wind will be in the 70s as well :o

Daniela-Is-Mine
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:53 PM
its not that bad but still damp and gross

BuTtErFrEnA
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:55 PM
will the rain be worse today or tonight?? i'm preparing for the final to be played tomorrow

vettipooh
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:57 PM
I'm only 20 mins away too, and so far no rain...just cloudy with the sun trying to come out. Hopefully the matches go thru.

ilovethewilliams
Sep 6th, 2008, 04:29 PM
i'm looking outside right now and it's not looking so good.

Mightymirza
Sep 6th, 2008, 04:58 PM
so far its just muggy and cloudy..Not raining though

mirzalover
Sep 6th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Its weird that Hanna hit North and South Carolina but it sooo nice outside. The sun is out, but its not too hot, hardly any wind at all. :lol:

Balltossovic
Sep 6th, 2008, 05:30 PM
I live on Long island and the sun is trying to come out. Rafa V Murray has been moved to armstrong!

~{X}~
Sep 6th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Well its cloudy and humid right now, but rain is probably less than 1 hour away. And then its pretty much supposed to rain hard the rest of the day and evening. So I suspect that they might finish the Federer/Djokovic match, though I even doubt that. Nadal and Murray will not finish and they will be pushed till tomorrow as will the Women's Final.

tonybotz
Sep 6th, 2008, 06:32 PM
it DID pour last night.. right now its like soup outside. disgusting really. the air is so thick and humid. its completely overcast in brooklyn, like ten mins from the tennis stadium. its still pretty bright out, but it feels like rain is imminent. im praying for tonight's final.

tonybotz
Sep 6th, 2008, 06:33 PM
where are my fellow new yorkers from? williamsburg brooklyn here.

Thanx4nothin
Sep 6th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Well as would be typical the mens matches have been fine it'll be the womens final I see being rained off :rolleyes:

tonybotz
Sep 6th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Well as would be typical the mens matches have been fine it'll be the womens final I see being rained off :rolleyes:

are you saying that god is a man? or perhaps a smitten woman?

BuTtErFrEnA
Sep 6th, 2008, 07:54 PM
i guess the rain has finally come??

lizchris
Sep 6th, 2008, 08:26 PM
It is pouring right now and will not stop until midnight.

The Mets (who play right across from the USTA BJK Tennis Center) postponed their game this morning knowing the rain was going to come.

tonybotz
Sep 6th, 2008, 08:37 PM
its raining and pretty windy. im sitting right next to my window and my monitor is all wet from the rain blowing in. it actually feels so nice after such a muggy few days. and the screen looks like a rainbow, with all the little rain spatters illuminated.

Mightymirza
Sep 6th, 2008, 08:59 PM
pouring...I am glad feds match got through..Anyways the match has been cancelled already right?

tonybotz
Sep 6th, 2008, 11:09 PM
the rain just stopped, im in queens now. hmm... maybe they jumped the gun?

duhcity
Sep 6th, 2008, 11:34 PM
The wind is still pretty strong, not impossible, definetly playable right now.

But theres a very good chance for it to rain again.