PDA

View Full Version : Chance Of The Ladies' Final Being Played Tomorrow: Close To Zero...

lizchris
Sep 6th, 2008, 02:53 AM
and I am being generous.

Per the weather report on MY9 TV in New York, the rain is supposed to start in earnest at about 3:00 and will not stop until late Saturday night (close to midnight). Sunday will be nice and clear.

In The Zone
Sep 6th, 2008, 02:54 AM
My guess is 4pm on Sunday Ladies Final. Then the Men's Semis. Or some reverse. Men's Final on Monday.

They are hoping for some "windows" but I highly doubt they'll be able to get all 3 matches in.

They won't play the final during the day on Sunday because of football.

Renalicious
Sep 6th, 2008, 02:55 AM
:scared:

Please...rain. :sad: NO RAIN

In The Zone
Sep 6th, 2008, 02:56 AM
:scared:

Please...rain. :sad: NO RAIN

It's not even a guess. LizChris and I both live in the NY area. It is going to rain all day, every hour, every minute.

If anything, there may be a dryspell for an hour, half hour AT MOST.

Don't forget the men's semis during the day.

lizchris
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:00 AM
My guess is 4pm on Sunday Ladies Final. Then the Men's Semis. Or some reverse. Men's Final on Monday.

They are hoping for some "windows" but I highly doubt they'll be able to get all 3 matches in.

They won't play the final during the day on Sunday because of football.

The only window there will be is the one in my house where I can see the heavy rain when it comes.

Trust me, barring a sizemic shift (which is unlikely), there will be no tennis tomorrow evening.

lizchris
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:02 AM
It's not even a guess. LizChris and I both live in the NY area. It is going to rain all day, every hour, every minute.

If anything, there may be a dryspell for an hour, half hour AT MOST.

Don't forget the men's semis during the day.

Exactly

In fact, the first mens' semifinal will be beable to start, but will not finish if it goes past 3:00 PM

MarieC
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:15 AM
There's slim to no chance the woman's final is being played tomorrow. I also bet they only get in one of the Men's semis

Renalicious
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:16 AM
LOL. Oh noes. :sad: Why can't they make a roof. :mad: Geez.

fufuqifuqishahah
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:24 AM

if they cut the prize money esp. the bonus from uso series, it would help. :D

Ferosh
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:36 AM
If they do manage to play tomorrow, isn't it supposed to be far more windy than today? I would rather have them play on Sunday instead of having the wind affect the results.

SOA_MC
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:50 AM

Because it's a f'n huge stadium

Temporary0369
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:55 AM
I actually just read an article talking about how they might want to build a roof soon. I don't think it's going to be up for tomorrow's final though. I hope hope hope the final is at 9 on Sunday. I'd actually be able to watch it! Seeing as I've been able to watch every match from round 1 I would be highly disappointed if I missed the final.

M.S.F
Sep 6th, 2008, 04:00 AM
:sad:

darrinbaker00
Sep 6th, 2008, 04:02 AM
Within the next 24 hours? Yeah, right.
if they cut the prize money esp. the bonus from uso series, it would help. :D
Cut the prize money so that Wimbledon can be the richest major? Yeah, right.

tonybotz
Sep 6th, 2008, 04:20 AM
my 9 news is terrible. isn't that mr. g?

~Eclipsed~
Sep 6th, 2008, 05:39 AM
Exactly

In fact, the first mens' semifinal will be beable to start, but will not finish if it goes past 3:00 PM

looks like both men's semis might be fit in. Nadal vs. Murray says NB 12:00 pm and may be moved to Armstrong. Well obviously (unless Fed or Djok gives a W/O) will Nadal/Murray be on Ashe that fast. They must have some intentions of moving them. :shrug:

AnomyBC
Sep 6th, 2008, 05:48 AM
I hope it's NOT played tomorrow---If it is, I won't get to see it live because I have to go to a wedding reception tomorrow night. So yeah, sorry guys, but I'm rooting for it to be delayed until Sunday :devil: