Congrats Serena. Take the title.

MrSerenaWilliams
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:24 PM
:hatoff:...and the Vengeance Train keeps on rolling :choochoo::drive:

heartbreaking loss to Venus at Wimbledon CHECK
nailbiting loss to Safina in Berlin CHECK

2 straight major finals since 2002 US Open - 2003 Aussie Open :eek:

1 match away from the #1 ranking :sobbing:

:hug: Great run Dinara :hug: You've grown so much in the past 4 months. Keep it up :yeah:

strictennis
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Safina, what happened?

heavensider
It's a close match, full of UE...

From this match, we can see Dinara just be scared of the much powerful than her.

Donny
Safina relies on opponents imploding towards the end of matches. She got a taste of her own medicine today.

spokenword73
Woohoo!!!! Usopenqueenrena!!

BuTtErFrEnA
omg :sobbing:

and too all who said serena would lose this match because she can't move :wavey:

hablo
Congrats to Serena. Played a smart match and did what she needed to do.

Pretty disappointing match from Safina who couldn't handle the weather conditions. But I feel she will have other opportunities. She will learn from this type of match.

young_gunner913
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:26 PM
SERENAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! :woohoo::hearts::worship::sobbing::banana:

I'm so proud. One more match. :devil:

supergrunt
Serena :D !

Rocketta
Congrats Serena! :hatoff:

BuTtErFrEnA
Safina, what happened?

serena happened :hearts:

Vaidisova
Serena :bounce:

lilimi
:awww: dinara :awww:
she did her best today but serena was just too fast too furious.
i'll be for serena in finals ;)

CrossCourt~Rally
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Mega strong showing from Serena today :worship:. The Final should be a fun one to watch with there contrasting playing styles and personalities :bounce:.

DINA <<< :hug:

Olórin
So the real Serena decides to show up for the first time since Berlin. Where has she been?

Too bad Safina, but it was windy for Serena too, hardly a shameful loss.

Costanza
Take the title!!!

Indytennis
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:28 PM
That was one ugly match.. Hope Serena vs Jelena is somewhat entertaining.

G&R
well done serena....
dinara :hug:

Serenita
Welldone serena!!!!!

Olórin
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Serena the first person since Justine in 2006 to reach back to back Grand Slam Finals :)

cometz9
Win it tomorrow Serena :rocker2:

homogenius
Serena played well at hte middle/end of 2d set.Other than that : pathetic match.Safina's game was ugly (ue after ue, df on bp or gp etc...).She never really adapted to the conditions and got frustrated.

Hope both Serena and Jelena can bring their A game for the final.If Serena plays like that, Jelena may have a serious chance.

dybbuk
Congrats Serena :hearts:

Mashafaaaaan
And I thought this would be an all time classic. :o

Congrats Serena. Take the title.

She will.:bounce:
Pathetic Safina, anyway I expected to a pathetic match against any WS.

LDF
Serena :woohoo: Loved the reaction at the end, as well as the shot she drilled at Safina :devil:

Awful match from Dinara though - 41 UEs :o

young_gunner913
Oh yeah, Dina :awww::hug: Great run and I'm sure there will be many more chances for you in the near future. :yeah:

Rising Sun
Rena :sobbing: :banana:

oleada
Awful match :help:
Congrats to Serena tho, Dinara totally imploded under the conditions.

jujufreak
such a bad match, such a low level :tape:

Serena's really lucky Dinara didn't reach her Beijing level :)

the quality of women's tennis is going doooown :sad:

heavensider
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Dinara maybe just too tired……

sammy01
another meh, at least serena is a great player, so theres always a chance she could play well in the final, but i wont hold my breath.

both semi's were horrid, as i said they would be, the only up point is it could be a good final.

dybbuk
Serena the first person since Justine in 2006 to reach back to back Grand Slam Finals :)

2008 - Ana Ivanovic, Australian Open/French Open :p

HenryMag.
This was even worse than the previous SF.

Safina :help:

Rising Sun
BTW, what did they say to each other at the net, at the end? :confused:

Fretchap
Serena :bounce: Get this title! :hearts:

Emina.
A magnificent day for tennis :woohoo::woohoo::bounce::bounce:

cometz9

unless you mean in a calendar year but Sharapova won the 2006 USO and made the final of 2007 AO.

friendsita
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Congrats Serena!
Now take the tittle and the N.1 spot

ElusiveChanteuse

Ana 2008 AO/FO.:shrug:

SAEKeithSerena
serena is back. for REAL.

babygirl i am so proud of you! BEST OF LUCK IN THE FINAL! :) a GREAT day for Serena fans!!!

Dodoboy.
2 GS finals in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg!!!!!!!!!

yes!!!

Well done Ree, finally some1 shows Safina the REAL DEAL :ras:

:bounce:

Sorry if i offend anyone cos i am so fucking happpy!!

SUCK IT!!!!!!!!!!!

ElusiveChanteuse
Well done Serena!:worship: :banana: :hearts:
Dina :awww: :hug: A great season so far too bad couldn't win a slam.:hug:

Dodoboy.
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:32 PM

:bounce:

Blu€
WTF Dina!! :sobbing::sobbing:
Impressive Serena :clap2::clap2:

lilimi
i agree it was an ugly match. dina started well but then maybe she tried too much. but really, the way serena played today was just unbeatable.

Olórin
2008 - Ana Ivanovic, Australian Open/French Open :p

Oh you've made me look stupid :sobbing:

Congrats Ana, the first person since Justine in 2006 to reach back to back GS Finals :p

VishaalMaria
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:33 PM

Good match Serena.

jujufreak
Mega strong showing from Serena today :worship:. The Final should be a fun one to watch with there contrasting playing styles and personalities :bounce:.

DINA <<< :hug:

:confused: mega strong :confused:

my my, the standards have dropped :tape:

low quality - not to say bad - match, Serena's lucky Dinara didn't reach her Beijing level.

brehondavis

:hug: Great run Dinara :hug: You've grown so much in the past 4 months. Keep it up :yeah:

All she needs to do is avenge her loss to Jankovic in the Australian Open when clearly the tournament was hers to win!

Nikkiri
:woohoo: go win it all babygurl.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Congrats Serena! Nice win :yeah:

Good luck in the next round :hug:

sammy01
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Ana 2008 AO/FO.:shrug:

yep and sharapova us '06 oz '07, its called ignoring facts lol

brehondavis
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:34 PM

All she needs to do is avenge her loss to Jankovic in the Australian Open when clearly the tournament was hers to win!

Mashafaaaaan
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Oh you've made me look stupid :sobbing:

Congrats Ana, the first person since Justine in 2006 to reach back to back GS Finals :p

Sharapova is the first person to reach back to back GS finals since Justine.:wavey:

Black Mamba.
http://i34.tinypic.com/24vk7dw.gif
http://i38.tinypic.com/dvohtd.gif

Olórin
Good match Serena.

People keep quoting me and I got it wrong :lol:

It's very good for Serena anyway. First US Final in 6 years. First back to back GS Finals in 6 years. Shot at the number one ranking for the first time in 5 years.

Olórin
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Sharapova is the first person to reach back to back GS finals since Justine.:wavey:

I don't count USO-AO as back to back. It's a new season.

Mashafaaaaan

Excuse me?

spriwi
serena :D :D :D
played the soft version of her usual game, letting dinara to make all those horrible errors. well done :yeah:

Beny
Serena was playing 40%, almost no spin on her shots, very little pace.

Dinara was the better player at all except key points, unfortunately for her, they mattered,as usual.

Dinara at least risked and hit some agressive shots.

On the other hand, Serena made som lucky shots that turned out in great winners!

Win the tournament now,Serena! :yeah:

Olórin
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:37 PM

low quality - not to say bad - match, Serena's lucky Dinara didn't reach her Beijing level.

Beijing 17 DFs level? Yeah what a blow that would've been. She wouldn't have had a chance.

RVD
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Serena's court management was superb!!
I guess her match with Venus paved the way to today's game plan. :worship:
Tomorrow will be the Match For #1 !!

Take the title and the Rankings SERENA!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Safina, you did great in making it to the USO grand slam semi-final.
Continued fortune in the future young lady. :cool:

The Dawntreader
Go Serena!:D:worship::bounce:

So jubilant at the end, what a result for her after 4 years of bad losses for her at the Open:D

Ugly, ugly match though, the conditions made for a horrid spectacle, added with the gamestyles which arent diverse enough for a great match. I loved Safina's ' how much i hate the wind' rant though:lol:

It's a shame that Safina ended her tournament in a relatively tame straight sets effort, but what a year she's had. Still a excellent tourny :hug:

So glad Serena's back in the final, she wants this title so bad.

Vamos.
As happy as I am for Serena; Safina gifted her that match. She will have to play thrice as good against The Pusher that awaits her in the final. :tape:

Marionated
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Congratulations Serena :bounce:

Mashafaaaaan

Anyway, who cares abouts GS finals? The only thing she has to do is win US open, because losing 2 GS finals is pretty depressing.

serenafann
Congrats Serena,I love you. Stay focused.

Good try Safina.

Olórin
yep and sharapova us '06 oz '07, its called ignoring facts lol

Sharapova was in two different seasons. So I don't think that counts. And I forgot about Ana :shrug:

sammy01

so you dont acknowledge the serena slam then, as it was completed in a 'new season' :p

VishaalMaria

Safinas Beijing level? What? The place where she hit 14 double faults in the final match :tape:.

Serena was on the court too, so the wind affected her equally but her experience and efficiency brought her through to the final. Safina didn't compromise on her shots and kept going for it which I thought was :weirdo:

And even if the conditions were perfect and Safina started playing her best, you better believe Serena would have started playing her best too. And Serena's best IS the best.

StarDuvallGrant
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:40 PM
I'm very happy. Congrats Serena and good showing for Dinara really for the season. Take this title Serena, you've worked really hard for it.

Olórin
Anyway, who cares abouts GS finals? The only thing she has to do is win US open, because losing 2 GS finals is pretty depressing.

Indeed, it would be abysmal if she did.

harloo

Dinara couldn't reach her Beijing level because of the wind and no other plan but to bash the ball relentlessly. But on the flip side if the wind wasn't so gusty Serena would have been more aggressive. I felt like she held back on purpose and allowed Dinara to flunder and it worked. In the second set Serena really upped her level, the wind was a bit more tame then.

eshell
The weather conditions were tough. I must say that Serena doesn't often get credit for the way she thinks through matches; i.e., her strategy. She played a bit more safely today and that seemed to make the difference in the windy conditions.

MrSerenaWilliams
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:41 PM
I haven't seen

http://www.tennis.com/uploadedImages/NNTP_Photos/91700_US_Open_Tennis.sff.jpg

since:

http://media.nowpublic.net/images/c6/7/c676f03ce2995453d23f035d11496ea5.jpg

and we all know how THAT turned out......

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_0BzI-y2Z-A0/Rx6yj0hDf2I/AAAAAAAABZ4/IeSjJABAw5E/sw1_2.jpg

:angel:

Olórin
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:41 PM
so you dont acknowledge the serena slam then, as it was completed in a 'new season' :p

Well I count it as four in a row, holding all of them at once. But I just don't really see the USO/AO as back to back...

VishaalMaria
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:42 PM

Well that's why it's called the "Serena slam"; because all the slams weren't won in the same season.

It's not called the "Serena slam" for nothing.

HRHoliviasmith
Congratulations to Serena! :bounce:

poor Dinara, I wanted to give her a hug. those double faults (and that wind which caused most of them) did her in. :sad:
i'm going to root for her 100% all next year becasue she definitely has what it takes gamewise.

but right now, it's allllll about serena!!! :bounce::worship:

and that was so classy of Serena at the end! :)

jujufreak
And Serena's best IS the best.

:lol: sure, whatever ;)

her best was in 2002 and that wasn't the best ever, so ...

Alex72
That was easily the worst display of major championship tennis I`ve ever seen. And people paid money to see that? They could have grabbed up a lucky loser out of the girls junior tournament to give Williams a better match...:lol: Big sis now Dinara, Jelena at least make her earn it. :)

woosey
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Safina, what happened?

she ran into someone with eight slams. what do you think happened?

Dodoboy.
http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20080905/all/l3376822.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20080905/all/l3376833.jpg

sammy01
Well I count it as four in a row, holding all of them at once. But I just don't really see the USO/AO as back to back...

ok, im rooting for serena in the final, as to me she is a champion, i just dont see jj like that, even though i like her.

Slutati
wow, that was fast. Well done, Rena but please lose the final okay :hug:

Zweli

:lol::lol:love that .

Olórin
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:44 PM

Prove it.

дalex
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Congrats Rena :hearts:

VishaalMaria
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:45 PM

.................................................. ........

ANYWAY.....

Nice try Safina :) Maybe next time you'll learn how to compromise when it's windy and not hit as hard as you can, make the error, and then get down on yourself.

Olórin
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:46 PM
ok, im rooting for serena in the final, as to me she is a champion, i just dont see jj like that, even though i like her.

It seems like it's Serena's time more than Jelena's anyway. After that Wimbledon Final.

tejmeglekvár
Dinara was so impatient and furious, wanted to kill every ball. oh girl... :bigcry:

GABRIEL
Dinara just play s.... :rolleyes: she was sooo disappointing....nothing to do with her performances here in the previous days...so many UE, Serena had little to do to win it.

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Serena played a very clever match. After the 1st two games things were looking pretty good for Safina, it almost looked like Safina was going to outslug Serena. Then Serena adjusted her game. It was like Serena concluded if I can't overpower her I will outsteady her. And that is what she did. Whereas Safina stubbornly continued to try to hit everything as powerfully as she could and go for as many winners as she was able, Serena simply found a good balance between being aggressive without being foolhardy. She also mixed up her shots nicely and anticipated Dinara's shots brilliantly. And by playing smart disciplined tennis she allowed Dinara to self distruct.

I was rooting for Safina in this match. She has been playing great for 4 months and I felt it would be nice to see that rewarded with a Slam. But only one person deserved to win that match and that person was Serena. I can only tip my hat to her. She played some really nice stuff and what she has done this year has been extremely impressive. Yes Serena has won a couple of Slams over the last 5 years and a few Miamis too but this year is really the 1st year since 2003 that Serena has done more than just play one or two great tournaments, she has put together a consistantly high standard of play thoughout the year that warrants the number one ranking that will soon be hers.

woosey
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:48 PM

best of her generation including juju.

harloo
That was easily the worst display of major championship tennis I`ve ever seen. And people paid money to see that? They could have grabbed up a lucky loser out of the girls junior tournament to give Williams a better match...:lol: Big sis now Dinara, Jelena at least make her earn it. :)

It must hurt your little feelings that Serena is winning now. Poor baby.:tape::lol:

AcesHigh
Dinara ran into a slam-worthy player. She was overrated anyway. She is rightfully in the top 5, but let's see her try to win a slam next year when Venus, Sharapova, Ana, Jelena and Serena are hungry for more.

Congrats to Serena. She SHOULD win the title so don't screw it up!! :)

Also congrats to Safina.. great year and I think she'll collect more titles before the end of the year. She needs to take time off and also improve on her game a bit.

slamchamp
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:50 PM
exciting final!

jujufreak
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Prove it.

prove what?

She'll never be the most talented, the best player ever to have appeared on a court, she might have played the most powerful tennis until now, but why should that be the best ever? It made her win many slams in 2002 and '03, but after that she had to beg for the best player of her generation not to play to win her last two slams.

AndreConrad
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Congrats Serena :yeah:

jujufreak
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:53 PM
this year is really the 1st year since 2003 that Serena has done more than just play one or two great tournaments, she has put together a consistantly high standard of play thoughout the year that warrants the number one ranking that will soon be hers.

maybe something has changed mentally ;) some sort of relief she doesn't have to be quarterena anymore :D

2moretogo
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Weather conditions were SCARY, but the ladies did what the could all things considered.

Come on 'Rena take the title!!!

tard~tard
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Horrendous display of tennis in both SF's.
What a disgrace to how women's tennis once was.
I hope the crowd asks their money back, because
it sure wasn't worth paying for.

spartanfan
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:56 PM
prove what?

She'll never be the most talented, the best player ever to have appeared on a court, she might have played the most powerful tennis until now, but why should that be the best ever? It made her win many slams in 2002 and '03, but after that she had to beg for the best player of her generation not to play to win her last two slams.
Are you crazy or what? Stop being a hater and just admit that Serena is the best tennis player to come along since Steffi Graf retired in 1999.

Dinayer
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:58 PM
:sad:

BuTtErFrEnA
Serena played well at hte middle/end of 2d set.Other than that : pathetic match.Safina's game was ugly (ue after ue, df on bp or gp etc...).She never really adapted to the conditions and got frustrated.

Hope both Serena and Jelena can bring their A game for the final.If Serena plays like that, Jelena may have a serious chance.

the thing is....everyone keeps saying about serena's next opponent "if serena plays like that"....and yet she's still here :shrug: i like what corina said...serena is playing PATIENT tennis...she's not going for winners off everything...

The Daviator
Serena! :woohoo: :banana: Great scoreline! :D

Now PLEASE win this title!

AkademiQ
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:00 AM
prove what?

You're ugly and quite nasty like one of Justine's herpes break outs :baby:

The Daviator
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:01 AM

Yeah, weren't a lot of people saying Safina would 'crush' Serena if she played like she did against Venus? :lol:

Serena knows what to do to win.

jujufreak
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Are you crazy or what? Stop being a hater and just admit that Serena is the best tennis player to come along since Steffi Graf retired in 1999.

hmm, I guess I should be relieved you didn't state Serena's better than Steffi :)

jujufreak
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:02 AM
You're ugly and quite nasty like one of Justine's herpes break outs :baby:

and you're as classy as Serena after a defeat ;)

Noctis
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:02 AM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
SERENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:hearts: I love you too much I AM SO SUPER HYPED :woohoo:

Olórin
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:03 AM
prove what?

Ok so you're a half witted troll. Didn't know.

Demska
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:03 AM
Yawn, What an awful match.

BuTtErFrEnA
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:06 AM
I haven't seen

http://www.tennis.com/uploadedImages/NNTP_Photos/91700_US_Open_Tennis.sff.jpg

since:

http://media.nowpublic.net/images/c6/7/c676f03ce2995453d23f035d11496ea5.jpg

and we all know how THAT turned out......

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_0BzI-y2Z-A0/Rx6yj0hDf2I/AAAAAAAABZ4/IeSjJABAw5E/sw1_2.jpg

:angel:

:hearts:

MrSerenaWilliams
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Horrendous display of tennis in both SF's.
What a disgrace to how women's tennis once was.
I hope the crowd asks their money back, because
it sure wasn't worth paying for.

SURELY you don't meant to imply that EITHER of the 2 SFs were as bad as the Anna-Sveta DISASTER from last year.....

:sad:
:hug:

but after that she had to beg for the best player of her generation not to play to win her last two slams.

:o
all 4 majors won - 3/4 majors won
8-7 in Majors
7-6 H2H
6-2 6-0.

Serena didn't have to beg Justine for shit.

I know it's hard for you, but find a new fave :hug:

:dead: :haha:

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/db/fullj.8454bfa8dbe1f9ed2729b304503950a7/8454bfa8dbe1f9ed2729b304503950a7-getty-tennis-us_open-williams.jpg

:awww: Nice handshake :hug:

I knew they were friends and practice buddies, but it's nice to see them be so friendly after such a contentious match :hearts:

yukon145
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:08 AM
please win the title Serena!

AkademiQ
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:09 AM
and you're as classy as Serena after a defeat ;)

It's hard being as classy as you :lol:

Denise4925
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:09 AM
I told y'all!!!!!

Dinayer
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:12 AM

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/db/fullj.8454bfa8dbe1f9ed2729b304503950a7/8454bfa8dbe1f9ed2729b304503950a7-getty-tennis-us_open-williams.jpg

:awww: Nice handshake :hug:

and congrats :) i think you are so happy :)
thats good :yeah:

i love the pic :hearts:

The Dawntreader
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Safina is extremely classy, what a handshake at the end :hug:

One of the more reciprocal Russians:lol:

hotandspicey
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:15 AM

Then go to bed. Dementieva already did. :haha: Well done Ree. :yeah: You've got what it takes to win. Now take that title. the #1 ranking, and your 9th slam.:bounce:

hacberto
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Congratulations Serena
Dinara I love You really good year for you. I think this was a fun match and Serena really played so good in that second set my God!!.

Thank You God that Serena won I love you so much.
Now Serena win this you can do it baby and I know you will I love you so much Serena and I'm so happy Good Luck in the finals baby Grand Slam #9 is coming up baby Renna !!!!

jujufreak
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:17 AM
It's hard being as classy as you :lol:

I know :) I guess it's a matter of education not to insult people immediately or attack them personally when they have a different opinion on a matter

Black Mamba.
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:18 AM
Then go to bed. Dementieva already did. :haha: Well done Ree. :yeah: You've got what it takes to win. Now take that title. the #1 ranking, and your 9th slam.:bounce:

http://i37.tinypic.com/2ztje9z.gif

Noctis
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:20 AM
I know :) I guess it's a matter of education not to insult people immediately or attack them personally when they have a different opinion on a matter

Your a *&^&$%*#@&#&$ I feel Better:lol:

AkademiQ
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:20 AM

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=14004304&postcount=9

:rolleyes:

It's okay, you are uneducated but it's never too late to gain manners and strive to be a better person. Don't allow yourself to follow lowly standards :hug: Don't be a lying hypocrite :wavey:

Noctis
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:22 AM

Agreed JJ Got time to do her nails after,While Elena get a lecture in bed.

Demska
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:22 AM

Probably looking into or thinking about her Olympic Gold Singles Medal :lick:

HRHoliviasmith
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:24 AM

:haha: :haha:

Dave.
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Serenaaaaaa :woohoo: Win it now :bounce:

Expected scoreline.

jujufreak
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=14004304&postcount=9

:rolleyes:

It's okay, you are uneducated but it's never too late to gain manners and strive to be a better person. Don't allow yourself to follow lowly standards :hug: Don't be a lying hypocrite :wavey:

you're not the one to give me this advice thx

I didn't know I was discussing something with Serena :) Read the whole thread and you'll see why she's called a hypocrite. You don't have to agree though.

MrSerenaWilliams

:spit:

jujufreak
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Your a *&^&$%*#@&#&$ I feel Better:lol:

and you're one of the people who give Serena fans a bad reputation :)

AkademiQ
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:30 AM
you're not the one to give me this advice thx

I didn't know I was discussing something with Serena :) Read the whole thread and you'll see why she's called a hypocrite. You don't have to agree though.

You give juju fans a bad rep. Not that they had any good ones among your rotten bunch but you are the typical juju troll. Strive to be better and try not to match the black monster of juju's own lowly character :wavey:

I'm done with you.

Go Serena :worship:

MrSerenaWilliams
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Probably looking into or thinking about her Olympic Gold Singles Medal :lick:

Well Serena only won in doubles...but she has double the gold medals :)

:lol: wow, that's funny :lol:

matty
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:33 AM
:bigclap: Wow, so fantastic--take the title Serena!!! :bigclap:

RVD
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:34 AM
http://i37.tinypic.com/2ztje9z.gif:haha: :haha:

LindsayRulz
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Dinara :( Not her best day at the office today.

Serena :yeah:

Thkmra
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:36 AM

Seeing your favorite player being surpassed can't be very easy, huh? :hug:

maddogz48
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Nice match Serena.:) It was great to see you destroy Safina in straight sets.

Thanx4nothin
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:46 AM
hmm, I guess I should be relieved you didn't state Serena's better than Steffi :)

I thought a deluded Justine fan might make their way into this thread, annoyed at the prospect of Serena further cementing her status as the greatest player of her generation with another slam final and possibly a Seles equalling 9th slam.

I Hope Serena takes this slam, I mean my God does she deserve it, she has beaten the Wimbledon champion and the 'best' player on hardcourts this year in Safina. The match quality was poor but Serena, likewise against Venus got it together in the end and started hitting with more fluency and controlled power, echoing her fabulous wins over Henin, Kuznetsova and interestingly JJ in Miami.

Serena will undoubtedly start the overwhelming favourite for the title in the final match-up. The best hope for staunch Serena fans is that JJ panicks in the big match a-la Semi-finals against Justine in the FO and USO 2006. If the occasion gets to her that would make Serena's job a lot easier. Something tells me, however that this will not be the case, I don't expect Serena to come out firing like in the Aussie against Sharapova...JJ may push enough balls back into play to force Serena into errors :o.

I think Jelena has a great chance at this final, I just hope Serena can handle the pressure situation and lift the title, thus assuming the mantle of no.1. Everyone and their wife has been calling out for someone authoritative to assume that position, noone could better fill that post than Serena Williams, on that point I feel we will all agree :drool:

Il Primo!
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:51 AM

/\ /\______________________________ *MUERTO*
\/ \/

By the way, well done Reena :worship:
SHe had a great attitude against Vee, and she did it again today. She finally got rid of her crybaby-ish ways and that paid off until now!:worship:

OZTENNIS
Serena :worship:
Take the title and become World No.1 again :drool:

DemWilliamsGulls
such a bad match, such a low level :tape:

Serena's really lucky Dinara didn't reach her Beijing level :)

the quality of women's tennis is going doooown :sad:

Chile boo...u just mad that your girl Justine is burned out and Serena showed up and kicked that ass today just like she did Justine earlier this year....Safina at her best didnt stand a chance against Serena...face it...the girl is just good..:worship: she's a LEGEND!!! LMAO!!!! I love you Serena...this is your title to loose...NO MERCY TOMMOROW!!!!

Dawn Marie
Sep 6th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Serena was playing 40%, almost no spin on her shots, very little pace.

Dinara was the better player at all except key points, unfortunately for her, they mattered,as usual.

Dinara at least risked and hit some agressive shots.

On the other hand, Serena made som lucky shots that turned out in great winners!

Win the tournament now,Serena! :yeah:
I disagree. Serena was the better player. She kept the ball in play and served alot better than Safina. Serena didn't beat an a so called aggressive Dinara based on mere luck.

The fact is DINARA ALLOWED THE WIND TO GET INSIDE HER HEAD. SHE SMACKED HER RACKET AND YELLED. SHE WAS A MENTAL MIDGET OUT THERE. She self destructed, and u can't do that against Serena. SW kept calm and won it in 2 and 3. Serena has served better in the past, Safina was lucky there.

enchantrezz
Sep 6th, 2008, 01:02 AM
Oh well, I was rooting for Dinara but Serena was definitely the better player out there today.

Congratulations Serena and Good luck for the finals :clap2:

Dawson.
Sep 6th, 2008, 01:04 AM
easy :shrug:

AcesHigh
Sep 6th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Why is it so hard to give a player credit these days.

If you don't like her.. a simple "Congrats" will do or just stay out of the thread :(

cocco80
Sep 6th, 2008, 01:10 AM
:banana:

Ree..expected.You're so much better than Dinara.

Radix2
Sep 6th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Smart playing by Serena. Great to see her in another final.

BuTtErFrEnA
Sep 6th, 2008, 01:37 AM

Well Serena only won in doubles...but she has double the gold medals :)

:lol: wow, that's funny :lol:

oooooooooooooooooooo :haha:

ce
Sep 6th, 2008, 01:53 AM
Serena :hearts:
cant wait for finals
my two favourite players :sobbing:

Malva
Sep 6th, 2008, 02:00 AM
So the real Serena decides to show up for the first time since Berlin. Where has she been?

Nonsense. Where you have been when she was playing at Wimbledon?

Malva
Sep 6th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Serena played a very clever match. After the 1st two games things were looking pretty good for Safina, it almost looked like Safina was going to outslug Serena. Then Serena adjusted her game. It was like Serena concluded if I can't overpower her I will outsteady her. And that is what she did. Whereas Safina stubbornly continued to try to hit everything as powerfully as she could and go for as many winners as she was able, Serena simply found a good balance between being aggressive without being foolhardy. She also mixed up her shots nicely and anticipated Dinara's shots brilliantly. And by playing smart disciplined tennis she allowed Dinara to self distruct.

I was rooting for Safina in this match. She has been playing great for 4 months and I felt it would be nice to see that rewarded with a Slam. But only one person deserved to win that match and that person was Serena. I can only tip my hat to her. She played some really nice stuff and what she has done this year has been extremely impressive. Yes Serena has won a couple of Slams over the last 5 years and a few Miamis too but this year is really the 1st year since 2003 that Serena has done more than just play one or two great tournaments, she has put together a consistantly high standard of play thoughout the year that warrants the number one ranking that will soon be hers.

I completely agree and what is happening doesn't surprise in the least: Serena playing at her top level is extremely hard to beat by anybody -- it really doesn't matter whether her opponent is somebody who can hit very hard -- like Safina, or somebody who displays in her game everything but power -- like Radwańska.

A few myths should be put to rest after today's match.

RenaSlam.
Sep 6th, 2008, 02:33 AM
Magnificent, Serena! Just got home and saw the score.

V-MAC
Sep 6th, 2008, 02:49 AM
congrats Serena. Oracene's cleavage overshadowed the match though :eek:

esquímaux
Sep 6th, 2008, 02:53 AM
That's is Serena. Do it. Prove them ALL wrong. Show me that fire and intensity.... My goodness.... I'm so ecstacic that you prevailed so convincingly.

Renalicious
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:15 AM
Dinara. :hug: Still a great run.

It was an ugly match - because it was windy. But Serena adapted well and showed experience. Still not exactly 'quality hitting' from her (although she got better in the end). GL against Jelena - it'll be a tough match. I'm so proud of Serena. :sobbing:

doni1212
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:20 AM
Good job, Serena!!! One more match to go, :yeah:

alfonsojose
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:24 AM
It's a close match, full of UE...

From this match, we can see Dinara just be scared of the much powerful than her.

Dinara hits harder. She was too inconsistent and couldn't handle the wind. Actually, i enjoyed this match coz Serena counterpounched and was patient :D

alfonsojose
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:27 AM
Oracene's boobs def. WTA 6-0, 6-0 :drool: :drool:

dropshot13th
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:48 AM
dinara :eek:

P_Fer
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:52 AM
Congrats Serena

Din :hug:

Pasta-Na
Sep 6th, 2008, 04:05 AM
so easy :eek:

M.S.F
Sep 6th, 2008, 04:52 AM
Win the title Serena :D

SAEKeithSerena
Sep 6th, 2008, 04:53 AM
http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20080905/all/l3376822.jpg

what a diva :)

congrats Serena, this is just awesome!

M&M
Sep 6th, 2008, 04:59 AM
:yeah:

RenaSlam.
Sep 6th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Take the title, Serena.

*Jean*
Sep 6th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Wow what a performance, amazing Serena!

Jakeev
Sep 6th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Wow this was one of the smartest matches I have seen Serena play against a top player. It's wierd that she won a straight-set match hitting fewer winners than her opponent, but I think her experience with the weather conditions is why she won the match.

Shame to see Dinara self-distruct but it was great seeing Serena doing everything right although it's weird seeing her not be so aggressive.

Congrats Serena!!!!:kiss:

Calypso
Sep 6th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Congrats Serena!
She played an excellent match, very consistent through out and I loved the angled winners she hit.
Poor Dinara, she didn't like the wind at all and once she started screaming at herself after every shanked shot and UFE, I knew it was over for her. For a moment after the first few games, I thought we were in for a thrilling battle, but Serena raised her level while Dinara became more erratic in the swirling conditions.
Good luck in the finals, Ree!

Sander.
Sep 6th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Serena, take the title! Beat JJ:D

kwilliams
Sep 6th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Congratulations Serena! Great win!

gmak
Sep 6th, 2008, 09:11 AM
dinara :rolleyes: :help: 41 UE :o
obviously the wind was a factor, but she will learn from this :hug:

unlike Lena, Dinara will have her chances in the future that's why i'm not too disappointed with her :shrug:

hope Serena wins this now :rocker:

Destiny
Sep 6th, 2008, 09:32 AM
I expected her to win so yeah Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :clap:

Why to go but you can't play who can push the most against pusher queen you just can't better come out guns blazing

Dinara :hug: too many errors some amazing winners from you. You did great but you over did it Nice try should have made this match tougher but oh well

My baby gurl made it woohooooooooo

Chance
Sep 6th, 2008, 09:33 AM
I have to say initially I was not impressed with Rena's game, just waiting for Dinara's unforce errors was kinda driving me crazy, but ultimately it was the best strategy in the tough windy conditions. I like how whenever Rena sliced she drew an error from Dinara. Smart game by Serena! Loved her reaction when she won, now get the title.
I remember Serena's first match against Dinara back in 2002. Dinara apologised when she aced Rena, she was a sweetie and I'm glad to see her do so well this year.
Come on Serena !! I want controlled aggressive Rena! But then again I don't care how you play - just win the final!!!

SoClose
Sep 6th, 2008, 09:35 AM
good job Serena!!!

aussie_fan
Sep 6th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Fairly boring match, neither played great, but it was tough conditions.

Safina has game, she just played terribly today, way too many ue's but she was the more aggressive player by far. Serena did what she had to do.

I'm hoping serena vs. jelena will be interesting.

LUXXXAS
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Safina is back to her old standards :o she played horribly :help:
congrats Serena :yeah:

cn ireland
Sep 6th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Congrats to Serena, she played really well and definitely looks like she's going to take the title.

I think this match showed that Dinara isn't quite at the top of the game yet but she has improved enormously over the last few months which is great to see.

winone23
Sep 6th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Congrat Serena!!! Win your 9th slam and become #1!!!

UDACHi
Sep 6th, 2008, 02:58 PM
safina in wind. :scared:

RenaSlam.
Sep 7th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Take the title tonight, Serena! :worship:

Dodoboy.
Sep 7th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Total reveng-age for Berlin :cool:

only 5 games :ras: Same as Bondarenko.

-VSR-
Sep 7th, 2008, 06:23 PM
:bowdown: Rena!

alfonsojose
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Wow this was one of the smartest matches I have seen Serena play against a top player. It's wierd that she won a straight-set match hitting fewer winners than her opponent, but I think her experience with the weather conditions is why she won the match.

Shame to see Dinara self-distruct but it was great seeing Serena doing everything right although it's weird seeing her not be so aggressive.

Congrats Serena!!!!:kiss:

:D