PDA

View Full Version : Elena's Most Dissapointing Slam Match?

Kazooey
Sep 5th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Words cannot describe how pissed I am.

Uranium
Sep 5th, 2008, 08:38 PM
No:lol:
She has lost to Schruff and Jankovic before.
JJ before she was a top player:p

Miss Atomic Bomb
Sep 5th, 2008, 08:39 PM
She lost, get over it

Kazooey
Sep 5th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Well yeah I know :shrug: But I meant the big matches.. QF and onwards. She has way too many dissapointing early exits to list. :rolleyes:

Dinayer
Sep 5th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Rg 2008

Demska
Sep 5th, 2008, 08:46 PM
There are lots.

RG 08
All her slam loses in 2005
USO 08

Marionated
Sep 5th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Definitely Safina. I honestly believe if she had converted that matchpoint, she would of won the whole thing.

Kazooey
Sep 5th, 2008, 08:49 PM
The match today was the most dissapointing, not because of the score or if she choked.. but the fact that she was riding on such a high from the Olympics and I thought for sure that win was gonna remove that mental block she had. :shrug: So to see her go back to her old ways, I now know all hope is lost for her to ever win a slam. :rolleyes:

Danči Dementia
Sep 5th, 2008, 08:50 PM
no Elena didn´t choked....

RG 2008 will always be the most painful defeat for me...:sobbing: I´ll never get over it/stop hating Dinara because of that match....:o

and USO 2005.....:sad:

Uranium
Sep 5th, 2008, 08:52 PM
The one that sticks out is the Venus def. Elena won, since all of the others, Elena was somewhat considered the favorite to win the match

Pie800
Sep 5th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Today was disappointing, sure. Earlier this year, RG QFs against Safina I think was the worst. She would surely have made the final had she won that match. In 2005 she had many incredibly close matches (Australian Open, RG, Wimbly) which she all lost in the 4R having been in positions to win.
I think it really depends on how you look at it. Based on importance of match and various other aspects taken into consideration I think her loss to Myskina really stung for a while.
But I feel she really should have won today. She played sublime tennis for 6 games and then couldn't win 2 consecutive points. I really thought this was hers.:sad:

laurie
Sep 5th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I'm amazed :scratch: - Elena looked in control of this match and just seemed to throw it away in both sets - I don't understand why.

shap_half
Sep 5th, 2008, 09:04 PM
I'd take RG '08 or USO '04. She could have had 2 slams now.

Danči Dementia
Sep 5th, 2008, 09:06 PM
:sobbing:

améliemomo
Sep 5th, 2008, 09:08 PM
The match today was the most dissapointing, not because of the score or if she choked.. but the fact that she was riding on such a high from the Olympics and I thought for sure that win was gonna remove that mental block she had. :shrug: So to see her go back to her old ways, I now know all hope is lost for her to ever win a slam. :rolleyes:

think the same

goldenlox
Sep 5th, 2008, 09:25 PM
I thought the FO was worse because I could see how poorly Sveta was playing v Kanepi.
Lena was up a set and 2 breaks, so close to the final.
In this match, I thought Jelena played really well the 2nd half of both sets.
I think Jelena will win tomorrow if she plays as well as today

starin
Sep 5th, 2008, 09:32 PM
probably the Safina match. Kuzzy is a headcase disaster and Ivanovic she owned up to that point

ivanban
Sep 5th, 2008, 09:42 PM
why is lenaD's loss to Safina at 2008 RG worse than her loss to JJ at 2006 USO by score 6:2, 6:1 :confused:

asiandude
Sep 5th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Well according to myskina some years ago, she (elena) wins wins wins and the she lost:lol:

Marionated
Sep 5th, 2008, 10:01 PM
why is lenaD's loss to Safina at 2008 RG worse than her loss to JJ at 2006 USO by score 6:2, 6:1 :confused:

Well, I'd rather lose a match by one sided score line than lose a match I was completley in control of.

Spartan
Sep 5th, 2008, 10:18 PM
The Safina match at RG was the worst for me since she came so close to winning it. She surely would've beaten Sveta who was playing horribly and although Ivanovic would've been tough, she's never lost to her. I think that was her best chance at a slam which is why it's so tough to get over.

sammy01
Sep 5th, 2008, 10:26 PM
the one where she lead patty by a set and 4-0 and lost, she was a complete nutjob in that match.

MLF
Sep 5th, 2008, 10:33 PM
I'd say the loss to Safina at RG '08. Match point up to win it and then would have played Ivanovic, who she currently owns, in the final - that's gotta be gutting.

MrSerenaWilliams
Sep 5th, 2008, 10:33 PM
FO 2004 was hers :sad:

MrSerenaWilliams
Sep 5th, 2008, 10:35 PM
I'd say the loss to Safina at RG '08. Match point up to win it and then would have played Ivanovic, who she currently owns, in the final - that's gotta be gutting.

She would have had to play Kuzzy first :shrug:

Mikey B
Sep 5th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Definitely Safina. I honestly believe if she had converted that matchpoint, she would of won the whole thing.

exactly.. but that was safina's thing throughout the event, if maria had converted her match point the french open would have looked really different...

i wish she could have won the 04 us open, i think she's a better player than sveta, and she would suit being a grand slam champ more than sveta...

one day elena, one day...

The Dawntreader
Sep 5th, 2008, 10:44 PM
the one where she lead patty by a set and 4-0 and lost, she was a complete nutjob in that match.

Oh yeah, just completely imploded. I think she was close to total heatstroke in that match:o

In regards to the poll, i wouldnt say the loss to venus at Wimby was that dissapointing. After all, Elena's first Wimby semi, out-matched really on that surface to the eventual 5 time champion. I think she gave a pretty good account of herself, really took Venus to the limit in that second set :shrug:

RG 2004 was an absolute horror-show. Myskina didnt even play that great, but Elena was just a crippling mess of nerves out there:o

Today's loss was so anti-climatic, i was just waiting for the fightback that never came:sad:

Beny
Sep 5th, 2008, 10:45 PM
RG 08, thoguh I'm not sure about the final. She's 5-0 against Ana but that means nothing.

In 2006 she was 7-0 against Srebotnik up to October and then she lost to her 16,46..so it is 7-1 now.

The first loss must come some day..

Patty will beat Venus one day :D

zvonarevarulz
Sep 5th, 2008, 10:46 PM
2005 vs Mary def.
Mary was just about the only person that could lose to Kim in a slam final:lol:

Slutati
Sep 5th, 2008, 10:53 PM
all of them :bigcry:

goldenlox
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Serena played really well today.
Lena had beaten Patty and Li. Then she had to beat 2 much better players.
I don't even feel bad about this one.
Lena wasn't good enough at this major.
The 2 best players in their half are in the final.

SOA_MC
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:54 AM
FO 08 from match point to bagel set:o:o:o

fufuqifuqishahah
Sep 6th, 2008, 04:30 AM
I would have to say JJ USO 2006 Quarterfinal where she creamed Jelena. That came out of nowhere.

RenaSlam.
Sep 6th, 2008, 04:32 AM
ByeEeEee.E>.e>E.e>E.

justine schnyder
Sep 6th, 2008, 05:35 AM
I don't think the matches which she lost in straihts were too dissapointed since she didn't have a big chance to win then. I'd take the one aganist Dinara in RG this year since she had a huge lead, and if I recall right, some MP or 2 as well. It was a big chance for her to reach a slam final again and maybe win one considering her H2H aganist Ivanovic

Stephieva
Sep 6th, 2008, 06:36 AM
RG 2008 QF: Safina def. Dementieva 4-6 7-6 6-0

I am still pissed @ it...
It was 5-2 in the 2nd... but Lena lost... :rolleyes: