PDA

View Full Version : The tour without the young girls sucks

DokicPova
Sep 5th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Ugh this USO is so boring, no masha, ana, tatiana, sesil or nicole = FAIL.

madmax
Sep 5th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Agreed, at least they are entertaining, these old timers are plain boooring

Elwin.
Sep 5th, 2008, 08:28 PM
:weirdo:

SAEKeithSerena
Sep 5th, 2008, 08:35 PM
i disagree. not like they would have gotten far.

one of the best and most wide-open in years. congrats to the semi-finalists!

RenaSlam.
Sep 5th, 2008, 09:02 PM
The tour without Henin + Williams Sisters + Sharapova = Total Collapse.

Uranium
Sep 5th, 2008, 09:04 PM
The tour still has Ana, Sesil and Nicole, they just suck lately:shrug:

Morrissey
Sep 5th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I think it proves these young players obviously aren't healthy enough or good enough.

young_gunner913
Sep 5th, 2008, 09:36 PM
This thread = FAIL.

Kipling
Sep 5th, 2008, 09:42 PM
The tour without Henin + Williams Sisters + Sharapova = Total Collapse.

Yeah, just like it collapsed when Margaret Court retired.

And then look at what happened when BJK was gone.

And how could we have survived without Goolagong?

Not to mention the world ending when Evert and Navratilova left.

And how we ever made it with no Graf or Seles is beyond me!

:rolleyes:

Sharapowerr
Sep 5th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Maria what have you done;)

Tennistourer
Sep 5th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Agreed, at least they are entertaining, these old timers are plain boooring

And masha, ana, tatiana, sesil and nicole will never grow old ? :rolleyes:

Appreciate the players for their talent, they don't tend to have very long careers.

Let's be honest, neither Steffi Graf or Justine Henin are what you might describe as supermodels. But both could produce breathtaking winners.

Ana Ivanovic has breathtaking good looks, but only reached the world No1 spot by default, when Justine suddenly quit the sport. Has Ana proved herself by retaining the top slot, purely on merit ? NO !!!!

dybbuk
Sep 5th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Sesil? I forgot she makes it past Slam first rounds often. :spit:

Slutati
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Tatiana :bigcry::hysteric:

Miss Amor
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:06 PM
''the tour without young girls sucks''

what a pedo

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:09 PM
As far as I know Ivanovic did play the Us Open 08

mashamaniac
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:19 AM
I agree that w/o masha and maybe tatiana WTA sucks,but ana is not the type of player who does make a GS attractive!

tonybotz
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:54 AM
it will be a while before the new young crop arrives. remember how exciting it was when hingis/kournikova/lucic/serena/venus first came on board? Does anyone know if there is a young player touted as "the next great"?

Nikkiri
Sep 6th, 2008, 12:57 AM
I agree that w/o masha and maybe tatiana WTA sucks,but ana is not the type of player who does make a GS attractive!

For you maybe.

DemWilliamsGulls
Sep 6th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Honestly the only young girls the media pay attention to anyway is Sharapova and Ivanovic...the other girls really dont get any media coverage ...so...as long as the Williams sisters are playing thats all I'm (and millions of others) are concerned about..;)

Slutati
Sep 6th, 2008, 01:05 AM
For you maybe.
Yeah, it's all about Tatiana, tell them :hearts:

Nikkiri
Sep 6th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Yeah, it's all about Tatiana, tell them :hearts:

Of course. Tatiana >>>>>> everyone else.

SOA_MC
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:14 AM

We couldn't be more opposite:p

Craig.
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:19 AM
Karatantcheva. :spit:

Dawn Marie
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:58 AM
Did you watch Junior tennis?? I mean how young do u want em??? dodo bird.

In The Zone
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:59 AM
Did you watch Junior tennis?? I mean how young do u want em??? dodo bird.

Omg, DAWN. :rolls:

But I disagree. The USO has been very entertaining. Maybe not comparable to Wimbledon 2005 or Australian 2007. :p But it's been fun.

Hoping it gets more fun tomorrow (or Sunday) :p :devil:

.:sk:.
Sep 6th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Of course. Tatiana >>>>>> everyone else.

:worship:

It's true,the tour is very boring without these girls... :sad:

Jakeev
Sep 6th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Ugh this USO is so boring, no masha, ana, tatiana, sesil or nicole = FAIL.
There were plenty of youngins at a Challenger event in the Netherlands this week. Perhaps you should of zoomed on over there and watched the action..........

Dodoboy.
Sep 6th, 2008, 11:10 AM
The INdooor Season will save the WTA :cool:

serenus_2k8
Sep 6th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Yes Tati is solely responsible for the star power of the WTA. WTA without Tati is like pizza without cheese.

Not sure why you speak of these Maria Sharapova types in the same sentence, but a complete rethink of your life is really in order.

Slutati
Sep 6th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Yes Tati is solely responsible for the star power of the WTA. WTA without Tati is like pizza without cheese.

Not sure why you speak of these Maria Sharapova types in the same sentence, but a complete rethink of your life is really in order.
:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

Dav.
Sep 6th, 2008, 06:42 PM

She's definitely not Sharapova, but Tati actually does bring a lot of attention to the tour, particularly in France where she was voted as one of the most popualr celebrities, beating people like Beyonce. For some reason, she's very well-known here in the South USA (in tennis clubs), as well, mainly because of her looks. I was surprised by how many people would tell me they loved her and follow her results.

If she could start playing injury-free she would have the potential to be included in that same category, obviously not as popular, though. If she, Vaidisova, Kirilenko and the like could start fulfilling their potential, particularly the first two, it would bring a lot of attnetion to the tour.

FrenchY52
Sep 6th, 2008, 06:54 PM
I agree. the Sony Ericsson Wta Tour sucks because Tatiana Golovin is not playing. But don't worry she might be back at the end of the year :bounce:

Tennisstar86
Sep 6th, 2008, 06:58 PM
silly me... I thought Ana was in the open this year.... must have been some other overhyped player that lost in the 2nd round....

Slutiana
Sep 6th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Don't worry people. Tati's back in Stuttgart. Crisis over. :)