http://www.kremlincup.ru/index-eng.html

Zurich Open Tier II Zurich October 13

http://www.zurichopen.net/

Fortis Championships Tier III Luxembourg October 20

http://www.fortis-championships.lu/index_en.php

Nordea Danish Open ITF $100,000 November 17

Protoss
Sep 3rd, 2008, 05:12 AM
It's too bad they're not playing on the same court as last year. It was a fast indoor carpet, now they're playing on an outdoor hardcourt where the Japan Open was held and I think it's a slow hardcourt.

I don't think that a slow court is such a good thing for Caro.

C. W. Fields
Sep 3rd, 2008, 10:31 AM
It's interesting that Zvonareva isn't on the players list, not yet at least. I hear she's got a problem with wrist pain. But apparently the list is rather old (Caro is ranked 29), I don't know how well updated it is.

Caro reached the SF at Japan Open last year, so I don't think she'll mind playing on that court.

NB: A-Rad, I'm not sure we should start a thread for every tournament Caro is in, it will make the forum too crowded. The GSs and SEC (if she qualifies) yes, but most other tournaments I think we should contain to the "Danish Delight" thread.

Jorn
Sep 3rd, 2008, 03:37 PM
The Entry List posted here is outdated, both Williams sisters and some others added to List later on.

If nobody from TOP 14 withdraws, Caro won't get the 8th seeds spot.

SOA_MC
Sep 3rd, 2008, 05:18 PM
NB: A-Rad, I'm not sure we should start a thread for every tournament Caro is in, it will make the forum too crowded. The GSs and SEC (if she qualifies) yes, but most other tournaments I think we should contain to the "Danish Delight" thread.

If you want me to delete this thread I will:)

The Entry List posted here is outdated, both Williams sisters and some others added to List later on.

If nobody from TOP 14 withdraws, Caro won't get the 8th seeds spot.

I got the entry list from the official site under 2008 players this is what they had:shrug:

sunsfuns
Sep 3rd, 2008, 06:25 PM
Top 8 according to the latest list:

1 F IVANOVIC Ana SRB 1
2 F JANKOVIC Jelena SRB 2
3 F KUZNETSOVA Svetlana RUS 3
4 F WILLIAMS Serena USA 5
5 F DEMENTIEVA Elena RUS 6
6 F SAFINA Dinara RUS 7
7 F WILLIAMS Venus USA 8
8 F RADWANSKA Agnieszka POL 9

Someone probably will withdraw, but this will still be a very strong tournament.

kinseh
Sep 3rd, 2008, 09:05 PM

We could call this thread "Caro's fall season" or something like that and then use it for the next couple of tournaments she plays. Could you do that, A-Rad? :)

It looks like it'll be a VERY strong tournament. Looking forward to see how Caro does!

SOA_MC
Sep 3rd, 2008, 09:33 PM
What other fall tournaments is Caroline playing?

Derek.
Sep 3rd, 2008, 11:56 PM
I don't think that a slow court is such a good thing for Caro.

A slow hardcourt is probably perfect for Caro. :)

sunsfuns
Sep 4th, 2008, 12:16 AM
What other fall tournaments is Caroline playing?

China Open in Beijing a week after Tokyo. It's a tier II, but also very strong (6 top 10 players).

After that it's probably too early to tell for sure...

EDIT: Actually she is on the entry list for AIG Japan Open (tier III) and at least at the moment she would be the top seed there (most of the tour will be in Stutgart) although probably there will be a higher ranked WC or two. Sounds like a lot of tennis considering that a week after that is a tier I Kremlin Cup and Caro has signed up for that too...

I doubt she will play all four unless she loses very early somewhere...

SOA_MC
Sep 4th, 2008, 12:26 AM
China Open in Beijing a week after Tokyo. It's a tier II, but also very strong (6 top 10 players).

Edited thanks:)

Dinayer
Sep 4th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Top 8 according to the latest list:

1 F IVANOVIC Ana SRB 1
2 F JANKOVIC Jelena SRB 2
3 F KUZNETSOVA Svetlana RUS 3
4 F WILLIAMS Serena USA 5
5 F DEMENTIEVA Elena RUS 6
6 F SAFINA Dinara RUS 7
7 F WILLIAMS Venus USA 8
8 F RADWANSKA Agnieszka POL 9

Someone probably will withdraw, but this will still be a very strong tournament.

yes,

Good luck caro :D

Protoss
Sep 4th, 2008, 05:46 AM
This could be a tough section of the season as Caro probably won't be seeded at most of these tournaments. That puts her at the mercy of the draw. She could be very unlucky and draw seeds in the 1st round.

It could also be tough as she's scheduled to play so many tournaments in a short amount of time. She could become quite tired towards the end.

C. W. Fields
Sep 4th, 2008, 08:50 AM

EDIT: Actually she is on the entry list for AIG Japan Open (tier III) and at least at the moment she would be the top seed there (most of the tour will be in Stutgart) although probably there will be a higher ranked WC or two. Sounds like a lot of tennis considering that a week after that is a tier I Kremlin Cup and Caro has signed up for that too...

I doubt she will play all four unless she loses very early somewhere...

Where do you see the entry list for AIG Japan Open? On the tournament website I can only see last year's particiants.

On Caro's website these tournaments are listed before SEC (I don't know if it's up-to-date, though):

15-21 Sep Tokyo, Japan, $1,300,000

22-28 Sep Beijing, Kina, $600,000

6-12 Okt Moskva, Rusland, $1,300,000

13-19 Okt Zurich, Schweiz, $600,000

20-26 Okt Linz, Østrig, $600,000

You're probably right, the number of tournaments she'll be participating in will be dependent on how far she goes.

tonyb
Sep 4th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Here is a link to AIG Japan Open 2008 Players that has an entry for CW,
but the side is in Japanese and there is no english side.
http://aigopen.jp/08/players.html

sunsfuns
Sep 4th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Where do you see the entry list for AIG Japan Open? On the tournament website I can only see last year's particiants.

Tobi mentioned in entries thread for that tournament that Wozniacki, Kirilenko and Peer are the top ranked participants.

tonyb
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Not to forget "Nordea Danish Open" 17.-23. november 100000 $ ITF
Not much publicity about that one.

Jorn
Sep 8th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Schedule for TOP 20 players: 16 of top 20 in Tokyo PPO, Caro as only one scheduled to playing in Tokyo Japan Open.

1. Ana Ivanovic - Tokyo [PP], Beijing
2. Jelena Jankovic - Tokyo [PP], Beijing, Stuttgart
3. Serena Williams - Tokyo [PP], Stuttgart
4. Svetlana Kuznetsova - Tokyo [PP], Beijing, Stuttgart
5. Maria Sharapova -
6. Elena Dementieva - Tokyo [PP], Stuttgart
7. Dinara Safina - Tokyo [PP], Beijing, Stuttgart
8. Venus Williams - Tokyo [PP], Stuttgart
9. Anna Chakvetadze - Tokyo [PP], Beijing
10. Vera Zvonareva - Stuttgart
11. Agnieszka Radwanska - Tokyo [PP], Beijing, Stuttgart
12. Daniela Hantuchova - Bali, Tokyo [PP], Beijing, Stuttgart
13. Marion Bartoli - Tokyo [PP], Stuttgart
14. Victoria Azarenka - Seoul, Stuttgart
15. Patty Schnyder - Bali, Guangzhou
16. Agnes Szavay - Tokyo [PP], Beijing, Stuttgart
17. Alize Cornet - Tokyo [PP], Beijing, Stuttgart
18. Caroline Wozniacki - Tokyo [PP], Beijing, Tokyo [JO]
19. Flavia Pennetta - Bali, Tokyo [PP], Beijing, Stuttgart
20. Dominika Cibulkova - Tokyo [PP], Beijing, Stuttgart
29. Amelie Mauresmo - Tokyo [PP], Beijing

PP Open starts Tuesday in next week.

kinseh
Sep 8th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Schedule for TOP 20 players: 16 of top 20 in Tokyo PPO, Caro as only one scheduled to playing in Tokyo Japan Open.

1. Ana Ivanovic - Tokyo [PP], Beijing
2. Jelena Jankovic - Tokyo [PP], Beijing, Stuttgart
3. Serena Williams - Tokyo [PP], Stuttgart
4. Svetlana Kuznetsova - Tokyo [PP], Beijing, Stuttgart
5. Maria Sharapova -
6. Elena Dementieva - Tokyo [PP], Stuttgart
7. Dinara Safina - Tokyo [PP], Beijing, Stuttgart
9. Anna Chakvetadze - Tokyo [PP], Beijing
10. Vera Zvonareva - Stuttgart
11. Agnieszka Radwanska - Tokyo [PP], Beijing, Stuttgart
12. Daniela Hantuchova - Bali, Tokyo [PP], Beijing, Stuttgart
13. Marion Bartoli - Tokyo [PP], Stuttgart
14. Victoria Azarenka - Seoul, Stuttgart
15. Patty Schnyder - Bali, Guangzhou
16. Agnes Szavay - Tokyo [PP], Beijing, Stuttgart
17. Alize Cornet - Tokyo [PP], Beijing, Stuttgart
18. Caroline Wozniacki - Tokyo [PP], Beijing, Tokyo [JO]
19. Flavia Pennetta - Bali, Tokyo [PP], Beijing, Stuttgart
20. Dominika Cibulkova - Tokyo [PP], Beijing, Stuttgart
29. Amelie Mauresmo - Tokyo [PP], Beijing

PP Open starts Tuesday in next week.

Wow, Tokyo is going to have a strong field. :eek:

KournikovaFan91
Sep 9th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Tokyo has a really strong field it wll be a tough one

C. W. Fields
Sep 10th, 2008, 09:33 AM
It would be nice if someone above Caro would forfeit Beijing, because the way it is right now she's the 9th ranked of those scheduled to play and therefore won't be seeded (Pennetta can't lose enough points before Beijing for Caro to pass her).

C. W. Fields
Sep 11th, 2008, 09:04 AM

Venus has withdrawn from Tokyo, a slight plus for Caro. Venus is one of the players I think Caro still can't handle, so an early round meeting with her would have been unpleasant.

Protoss
Sep 11th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Could someone please add an "'s" to the thread title after Caroline? Thanks. :)

I wouldn't be too surprised to see Hantuchova withdraw from Beijing given that she'll have played 2 straight weeks prior to that.

Jorn
Sep 11th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Anybody know if Caro has withdrawn from Tokyo [PPO] and Beijing (China Open) ?
Now in the schedule on WTAtour website she will play Tokyo Japan Open and Moscow... It may be too much playing 6 weeks in a row and possible travel to Doha. Tobi has not said she has withdrawn so may be an error...

Protoss
Sep 11th, 2008, 02:59 PM
The calendar on Caro's website hasn't changed nor is their a new blog entry mentioning any withdrawls.

SOA_MC
Sep 11th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Venus has withdrawn from Tokyo, a slight plus for Caro. Venus is one of the players I think Caro still can't handle, so an early round meeting with her would have been unpleasant.

Serena is out as well

Jorn
Sep 11th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Caroline will play Luxembourg Tier III and not in Linz tier II (From Entry Lists and what tobi has posted)

SOA_MC
Sep 11th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Caroline will play Luxembourg Tier III and not in Linz tier II (From Entry Lists and what tobi has posted)

Thanks I'll edit

améliemomo
Sep 12th, 2008, 12:05 AM
wow caroline is sheduled to play many tournaments,good that will be the occasion for her to improve and get great experience.
She played great against jancovic at the us open,I wanted her to win but I think she will reach the top soon.:devil:
You know if she play doubles there?
good luck to her,I will cheer for her with amelie and alize.
Go girls!

Protoss
Sep 13th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Is the China Open played at the same tournament location as the Olympic tennis event?

Dinayer
Sep 14th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Jankovic (1) bye
Pennetta - Peer
Morita - Szavay
Li - Kuznetsova (5)
Dementieva (3) bye
Cornet - Q
Wozniacki - Q
Schiavone - Hantuchova (7)
Chakvetadze (8) - Q
Razzano - Sugiyama
Cibulkova - Mauresmo
Safina (4) bye
Radwanska (6) - Nakamura
Kirilenko - Bartoli
Q - Petrova
Ivanovic (2) bye

Dinayer
Sep 14th, 2008, 10:56 AM
tough draw but good luck Caro :D

Destiny
Sep 14th, 2008, 11:02 AM
:rocker2:

Protoss
Sep 14th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Ugh...I hate having my favorites play a qualifier in the 1st round.

If Caro should happen to win her 1st round, I figure she'd play Schiavone because Hantuchova is playing poorly lately.

I seem to recall Caro losing an exhibition match to Schiavone.

sunsfuns
Sep 14th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Very good draw, although a qualifier here will be relatively strong.

C. W. Fields
Sep 14th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Last Q-matches are played today, we should know soon who her 1R opponent will be.
I would expect Caro to make it to at least 3R for another showdown with Dementieva.

sunsfuns
Sep 14th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Last Q-matches are played today, we should know soon who her 1R opponent will be.
I would expect Caro to make it to at least 3R for another showdown with Dementieva.

Actually qualifying will be complete only Monday (no MD matches until Tuesday) and the 3rd in this case equals quarter finals.

Jorn
Sep 14th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Tokyo Last round of Qualifying:

K. Srebotnik vs A. Keothavong
K. Kanepi vs V. Dushevina
O. Savchuk vs A. Rezai
A. Wozniak vs K. Date Krumm

I hope she draws Wozniak or Savchuk/Rezai, but she can draw 24' Srebotnik.

Good Luck Caro! :)

C. W. Fields
Sep 14th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Actually qualifying will be complete only Monday (no MD matches until Tuesday) and the 3rd in this case equals quarter finals.

According to the tournament website the Q-finals are today. As for the rest; are you telling me that because you think I don't know? :confused:

Derek.
Sep 14th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Interesting draw.
There was never going to be an easy section with such a strong field.

But she has a good draw to reach at least the quarterfinals.

Good luck Caroline! :)

sunsfuns
Sep 14th, 2008, 04:17 PM
According to the tournament website the Q-finals are today. As for the rest; are you telling me that because you think I don't know? :confused:

Check again - 3rd round of qualies is Monday. It's because this tournament used to be right after AO and they haven't changed their schedule.

As for the other part I am sure you know, but someone else reading might not realize it. In most tournaments 3rd round in not a QF...

kinseh
Sep 14th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Well, with such a tough field, there was no chance that Caro was going to get an easy draw. I expect her to reach at least QF for another battle with Lena. :cool: Good luck, Caro!

Tokyo Last round of Qualifying:

K. Srebotnik vs A. Keothavong
K. Kanepi vs V. Dushevina
O. Savchuk vs A. Rezai
A. Wozniak vs K. Date Krumm

I hope she draws Wozniak or Savchuk/Rezai, but she can draw 24' Srebotnik.

Good Luck Caro! :)

I am hoping for Dushevina. :devil:

sunsfuns
Sep 14th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Date would be fun :)

améliemomo
Sep 15th, 2008, 01:47 AM
good draw for caro,good luck in this tournament!:)

SOA_MC
Sep 15th, 2008, 04:21 AM
I am hoping for Dushevina. :devil:

Me too or Savchuk anyway good luck Caro continue the good form you been having lately:)

Protoss
Sep 15th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Those who hoped for Kimiko Date, Vera Dushevina, or Olga Savchuk are a bit out of luck. :p They lost today in the qualifying finals. The qualifiers are Katarina Srebotnik, Alex Wozniak, Kaia Kanepi, and Arvanne Rezai.

There's no word yet as far as I'm aware on which one Caro will play in the 1st round.

sunsfuns
Sep 15th, 2008, 07:07 AM
No free luch, I guess. All these are strong, but none are better than Caro :)

C. W. Fields
Sep 15th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Definitely no free lunch for Caro; she will be facing Srebotnik, in my opinion the strongest of the qualifiers. She's ranked 25, and like Caro she just comes off a strong showing in the USO where she reached 4R, beating Kuznetsova before losing in 3 sets against in form Patty Schnyder.
http://www.toray-ppo.co.jp/web/pc/scoreboard/drawsheet/singles_main.html

Dinayer
Sep 15th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Kata :scared:

good luck caro!
do your best :D

beat kata :rocker:

Protoss
Sep 15th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Hmmm....should Caro have played Guangzhou instead of the Tokyo Pan Pacific Open? Had she entered Guangzhou, she would have been the #3 seed instead of Jie Zheng and the highest ranked player she could potentially play on her way to a possible semifinal with Vera Zvonareva would be #50 Pauline Parmentier. A semifinal would have given her 65 points as opposed to the 60 points that she would get if she beats Srebotnik in the 1st round.

C. W. Fields
Sep 15th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Hmmm....should Caro have played Guangzhou instead of the Tokyo Pan Pacific Open? Had she entered Guangzhou, she would have been the #3 seed instead of Jie Zheng and the highest ranked player she could potentially play on her way to a possible semifinal with Vera Zvonareva would be #50 Pauline Parmentier. A semifinal would have given her 65 points as opposed to the 60 points that she would get if she beats Srebotnik in the 1st round.

I don't think it's Caro's way to forfeit a strong tournament in order to go for easy points. If she's to become the best she must play against the best and I think that's her highest priority, even higher than gaining points for the ranking/race list.

Jorn
Sep 15th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Bad luck in Singles and dubs draw.

Doubles R1: Caroline/Shahar Peer(ISR) vs. SHVEDOVA, Yaroslav (KAZ)/TANASUGARN, Tamarine (THA)

and guess who they play in a possible R2... Katai ;)

Jorn
Sep 15th, 2008, 12:42 PM
She has also Entered smaller tournaments like Japan Open and Luxembourg, so as still the 17' in the WTA Rankings she should play also bigger tournaments.

If she plan to play 6 in a row, a loss in R1 1 or 2 may be good so time for resting...

améliemomo
Sep 15th, 2008, 02:19 PM
why its not chakvetadze who got srebotnik??real lucky girl:rolleyes:

no matter who she face in that first round,she has to beat her to continue in the tournament and get points.
She will play on wednesday.Thats weird cause 2 of the 4 players who has to play a qualifer are sheduled for tomorrow.
Allez Caroline:kiss:

sunsfuns
Sep 15th, 2008, 03:09 PM

Gaining few more ranking points and/or positions as fast as possible shouldn't be a priority. Besides if she does really well potential rewards are much greater in this tournament...

Carofan
Sep 15th, 2008, 04:05 PM
This is just so funny I had to upload it. NBC are making a movie about the USOPEN tournament, see the castlist of actors playing some of the tennis stars. Jelena Jankovic :haha:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TKO2H03I

SOA_MC
Sep 16th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Caro has to learn how to play against the upper echelon of the WTA. Since she doesn't have many points to defend for the rest of the year playing the same tournaments as the top players is the way to go IMO

C. W. Fields
Sep 16th, 2008, 10:26 AM
I just occured to me that "Fall Season" has a somewhat negative ring to it, like it's the season Caro falls down from previous heights. Maybe we should call the thread "Autumn Season" instead. :hehehe:

Protoss
Sep 16th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Caro plays Srebotnik in the 1st match on center court at 11 am tomorrow. She and Peer play Shvedova/Tanasugarn 3rd match on court 1 (play begins at 11 am)

Jorn
Sep 17th, 2008, 04:23 AM
Caro lost 16 26, worse than i expected, but its tough to play imform Qualifier in first rd. :sad:

Derek.
Sep 17th, 2008, 04:23 AM
Totally didn't see this coming. :help:

Caro. :sobbing:

Protoss
Sep 17th, 2008, 04:27 AM
There were 2 main conditions upon which I would haved minded losing this match : being a headcase and a meek performance/scoreline. Unfortunately this loss fits both conditions and as such I'm feeling rather cranky. :rolleyes:

I can't wait to hear her explanation for this garbage. :(

Protoss
Sep 17th, 2008, 04:45 AM
When does the Beijing main draw come out?

Wolfruler
Sep 17th, 2008, 05:42 AM
Why are we talking about her match in this thread???, and damn, that was one hell of a beating. I guess, she is mentally allready finished with her fantastic season AND I must say, I cant her blame! She has played sooooo many matches, that I only think its natural to get tired mentally. To be honest, I dont think we should expect much more from Caro this season (not only because of this match)....we have allready gotten so much!;) I only hope she will win in Copenhagen!! That could be a cool way to end the season. :D

svetaisthebest
Sep 17th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Totally didn't see this coming. :help:

Caro. :sobbing:

I didn't either:help:

i wouldn't have been suprised if Kata would have won as she's in good form but Caro only won 3 games:sad:

Protoss
Sep 17th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Caro/Peer won the 1st set 6-4. :)

Protoss
Sep 17th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Caro/Peer lost the 2nd set 2-6. :(

Protoss
Sep 17th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Caro/Peer lost the super tiebreak 6-10. :( The match was 1 hour 35 minutes long.

Dinayer
Sep 17th, 2008, 10:53 AM
caro :sad:

i expected more :sad:

améliemomo
Sep 17th, 2008, 12:12 PM
srebotnik was the worse 1st round she could get.Not easy to play that type of player who come and attak to the net very often.
I wanted caroline to win and go far in that tournament but well she's still so young.She still learning and I think she will be even more motivated to play good in beijing next week.;)

Jorn
Sep 17th, 2008, 01:44 PM
So far I can remember she has had 3 bad loss this year...

Eastbourne vs Stosur
? vs Mariya Korrytseva (sp?)
today, had hoped for better score

But else she had some great results this year, I hope for better draw next week!

If she come back and plays Japan Open, she will be the best seeded.

Protoss
Sep 17th, 2008, 02:01 PM
There's a lack of info on Caro's singles match in english. It's typically just the scoreline. Are there actual details about the match in the Danish media? Oh, and any comments from Caro? Thanks. :)

Jorn
Sep 17th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Wozniacki skuffet over tidlig exit
17/09-2008 11:40 | Skrevet af: Ritzau

Caroline Wozniacki røg ud i første runde i WTA-turneringen i Tokyo, og det ærgrer tennispigen, som ellers har haft en forrygende sæson.

Vi har lige vænnet os til Caroline Wozniacki, der stormer op af ranglisten og smadrer modstanderne i WTA-turneringerne. Men onsdag gik det galt for tennispigen.

I Tokyo skulle Wozniacki spille første runde af WTA-turneringen Toray Pan Pacific og her fik hun trods sin favoritrolle et gevaldigt nederlag på 6-1, 6-2 mod slovakiske Katarina Srebotnik.

- Hun spillede aggressivt og var rigtig god på serverne, og jeg kunne bare ikke rigtig få gang i mit spil, sagde Caroline Wozniacki, der ellers ligger flere pladser over slovakken på verdensranglisten.

Og efter en forrygende sæson med flere WTA-sejre, er det da også en skuffet Caroline Wozniacki, som nu må erkende, at hun allerede efter sin første kamp må se til fra tilskuerrækkerne.

- Alle kan tabe en kamp på en dårlig dag, og dette her er første gang i år, at jeg ryger ud i første runde. Selvfølgelig er jeg skuffet, men jeg må også indse, at alle er dygtige spillere på dette niveau, siger hun.

Jorn
Sep 17th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Caro said: She (KS) played aggressivly and was good on the serves, I don't found my good game.

All can lose on a bad day, this was my first, 1st round loss this year, I can see all are really good at this level. Caro said.

Carofan
Sep 17th, 2008, 05:57 PM
I`ve been waiting for a reaction on all the media hype and it came today. She still has to be 100% focused on the court to win her matches, there are no routine wins for her, she has to expect that some players have nothing to lose against her some might even bring their best tennis when facing her now. The way to beat caro is aggressive boom boom tennis, the same tactics as to beat Marilyn Jankovic.

Caro is starting the next chapter in her tennis education, players see her as a big name to take down some with nothing to lose. She has to remember the attention she gets, the media coverage, it all starts with all the work on the practise court being 100% prepared for her matches mentally. She`ll get a chance to bounce back next week

Wolfruler
Sep 17th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Okay, I will repeat myself once again. Why are we discussing Caro´s matches in this thread when that is usually done in the general thread? What´s the general thread good for then? Its too confusing and to be honest, if we dont keep some kinda system in here, its all gonna be one big mess! I cant even imagine how this will look in one years time! ....Ohh well, cranky wolfi has spoken :)

Alex72
Sep 17th, 2008, 07:08 PM
The score is what concerns me, not so much the lose. Kata is a dangerous player with a big serve and great hands at the net. But this match should have been at least close. Caro must have been serving poorly and/or giving up a lot of errors.

kinseh
Sep 17th, 2008, 07:45 PM

kinseh
Sep 17th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Oh well, what can I say? :sad: I'm more concerned about the scoreline than about the loss itself. Kata is a very dangerous player, but Caro was of course expected to win. Everyone has their bad days, though, so I don't blame her. Hoping for a better showing wherever she plays next!

slovakiske Katarina Srebotnik.

der ellers ligger flere pladser over slovakken på verdensranglisten.

:haha: @ the Danish media. "Slovakian Katarina Srebotnik". :p

Okay, I will repeat myself once again. Why are we discussing Caro´s matches in this thread when that is usually done in the general thread? What´s the general thread good for then? Its too confusing and to be honest, if we dont keep some kinda system in here, its all gonna be one big mess! I cant even imagine how this will look in one years time! ....Ohh well, cranky wolfi has spoken :)

Well, this forum is actually very systematic compared to other forums. The "Danish Delight" thread is mostly for general talk about Caro, introductions of new posters, diary entries etc., I guess. This thread is to discuss her tournaments and matches. :)

Wolfruler
Sep 17th, 2008, 08:25 PM
mmmmmm.....the general thread is for new posters(???), diary entries and etc.(???). Kinseh Iam not following you!?! If this particular thread(fall season) has be announced as the place to comment on her matches, please let this be known, because people are allready posting about her match in the general thread. The general thread has been the place for that in the last couple of years!! Yes, I really sound like an old crumpy f... Sorry! :D

Protoss
Sep 20th, 2008, 05:41 AM
People have referred to Srebotnik as a dangerous player and I'd say she certainly can be. Here's an interesting comparison between Caro's and Srebotnik's results for the year so far (prior to today's match against Kuznetsova for Srebotnik):

Caro
20 top 50 wins
15 top 30 wins
8 top 15 wins

Srebotnik
12 top 50 wins
8 top 30 wins
4 top 15 wins

Jorn
Sep 20th, 2008, 12:22 PM
China Open draw:

Caro got a tough draw, but she has before beat these players!

Good luck Caro!

(8)Anna Chakvetadze vs Caroline Wozniacki
Dominika Cibulkova vs Amelie Mauresmo
S. Peng vs Q
(4)Svetlana Kuznetsova vs bye

kinseh
Sep 20th, 2008, 01:28 PM
mmmmmm.....the general thread is for new posters(???), diary entries and etc.(???). Kinseh Iam not following you!?! If this particular thread(fall season) has be announced as the place to comment on her matches, please let this be known, because people are allready posting about her match in the general thread. The general thread has been the place for that in the last couple of years!! Yes, I really sound like an old crumpy f... Sorry! :D

Well, some of us just thought it would be nice to have more than one thread for Caro. People can post their opinions on her matches wherever they like. :)

The China Open draw is definitely tough. It would be nice to see Caro make up for last week's loss here. Good luck! :yeah:

Dinayer
Sep 20th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Good luck caro :D

sunsfuns
Sep 20th, 2008, 04:05 PM
This is possibly the most organized player's forum on the board (I haven't visited all of them, though)...

I like this division into separate seasons. With Caroline being ranked much higher and having a lot more fans than a year ago the general thread starts to get too busy. Also later on it will be much easier to find what we talked about during this or that tournament without going back hundreds of pages on random.

Good luck against Anna. Not an easy draw, but Caro can do it :)

tonyb
Sep 20th, 2008, 05:39 PM

I think that the number and division of the different threads are fine,
IF everyone keeps to them.
And I think it would be a good thing to have a couple of Moderaters to "help" us posters along.

This for example should be in the general thread.:devil::devil::devil:

sunsfuns
Sep 20th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Folks, is it really so difficult to follow two threads?

If we had 5-6 then I would understand the confusion...

Dinayer
Sep 21st, 2008, 11:37 AM
1 Srebotnik/Sugiyama v Ji/S.Sun
WC Lu/Zhang v Koryttseva/Poutchek
4 Benesova/Uhlirova v Cornet/Pavlyuchenkova
WC Chakvetadze/Cibulkova v Medina Garrigues/Wozniacki

Han/Xu v Dzehalevich/Govortsova
Savchuk/Senoglu v 3 Peng/T.Sun
King/Kudryavtseva v Shvedova/Tanasugarn
Dulko/Radwanska v 2 Yan/Zheng

Good luck :kiss:

kinseh
Sep 21st, 2008, 12:54 PM
Good choice of partner for once, Caro. :laugh: She and Anabel should do pretty well.

Guys, having two threads isn't that confusing! Some forums have 10 threads that are frequently; now, that is confusing! :p

God luck, Caro. :yeah:

Protoss
Sep 21st, 2008, 01:16 PM
Caro's draw has changed due to Dinara Safina withdrawing. Caro is now the #9 seed and plays Anabel Medina Garrigues in the 1st round. Caro moved from the bottom half of the draw to the top half of the draw. Here's how the top half of the draw looks now

1 Jelena Jankovic - bye
Virginie Razzano
Qualifier

Tamarine Tanasugarn
Katarina Srebotnik
Gisela Dulko
7 Daniela Hantuchova

5 Vera Zvonareva - bye
WC Na Li
Francesca Schiavone

Agnes Szavay
Qualifer
Anabel Medina Garrigues
9 Caroline Wozniacki

8th seed Anna Chakvetadze now plays a qualifer in the 1st round and then would potentially play Dominika Cibulkova or Amelie Mauresmo in the 2nd round.

Dodoboy.
Sep 21st, 2008, 02:41 PM
Draw has opened up immensely!

I see her making at least semi!

And it's about time she beat Jelena so we'll see ;)

Vera won't make it to the last 4 twice in a two weeks i don't think.

Dinayer
Sep 21st, 2008, 03:10 PM
Draw has opened up immensely!

I see her making at least semi!

And it's about time she beat Jelena so we'll see ;)

Vera won't make it to the last 4 twice in a two weeks i don't think.

yes :)
mercifully :D

Dinayer
Sep 21st, 2008, 03:11 PM
Go Caro :rocker:

Derek.
Sep 21st, 2008, 04:51 PM
Better draw now.
Take advantage of it, Caroline!

Good luck! :)

Carofan
Sep 21st, 2008, 05:46 PM
Come on Caroline!

Jorn
Sep 21st, 2008, 06:23 PM
Caro's match Not before 1:30pm (7:30am CET)

Så vi kan sove et par timer mere... Kina 6 timer foran DK ikke? ;)

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/includes/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/1/global/Pdfs/events/2008/beijing_draws.pdf

Dodoboy.
Sep 21st, 2008, 06:28 PM
Thank you Safina :hearts:

Protoss
Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:01 AM
Caro lost 6-7 (3) 4-6 to AMG. Caro led 5-2 in the 1st set and 4-0 2nd set with a bp for 5-0. :rolleyes:

AMG won the last 10 points of the match. :rolleyes:

Hopefully Caro pulls out of doubles.

tonyb
Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:11 AM
2 Hours and 8 Mins.
Up 5-2 in first set 38 mins, lost tiebreak 7-3. 1 Hour 16 Mins
Up 4-0 in second set in 24 mins!!! lost next 6 games 4-6. 52 mins.

What happend????????????????

Protoss
Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:22 AM
Beats me. Maybe Caro is now feeling pressure from her new found status (top 20, winning 2 titles, that sort of thing). :shrug: Maybe she's hit the wall. :shrug:

svetaisthebest
Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:36 AM
Caro lost 6-7 (3) 4-6 to AMG. Caro led 5-2 in the 1st set and 4-0 2nd set with a bp for 5-0. :rolleyes:

AMG won the last 10 points of the match. :rolleyes:

Hopefully Caro pulls out doubles.

yeah:sad: if she can do well it could help her future singles play too.

Protoss
Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:43 AM
yeah:sad: if she can do well it could help her future singles play too.
Err... I meant withdraw from the doubles. :p

I don't think playing doubles with someone you had a major meltdown against in singles is a good idea mentally.

svetaisthebest
Sep 22nd, 2008, 09:50 AM
Err... I meant withdraw from the doubles. :p

I don't think playing doubles with someone you had a major meltdown against in singles is a good idea mentally.

:rolls: i can't even read anymore:o:tape::lol:

I actually think that playing doubles is a good idea for Caro.If she gets a few wins while playing doubles it can give her more confidence on the singles court.She doesn't necessarily have to play with Anabel:shrug::lol: I just think it's a good way she can improve her overall game.

Derek.
Sep 22nd, 2008, 12:46 PM
Disappointing, Caro. :(

Dinayer
Sep 22nd, 2008, 03:01 PM
caro :sad: :(

what happend?

:sad:

Protoss
Sep 23rd, 2008, 09:06 AM
I hope Caro withdraws from Moscow whether she goes far or not at the Japan Open. If she loses early at the Japan Open, it gives her time to mentally regroup. If she goes far at the Japan Open, it gives her time to rest before her final 2 Wta tournaments of the year.

I was thinking and maybe this is a bit crazy, but what about Caro playing doubles with Lindsay Davenport in Luxembourg? Lindsay's historically been very good indoors and a very good doubles player. Of course, I have no idea if either of them would be interested. Beijing is I think the 1st tournament where Caro actually played or at least is scheduled to play doubles with a very good player, so maybe Caro wants to play with doubles players who are a lot better than the ones she's previously played with.

Wolfruler
Sep 23rd, 2008, 11:06 AM
Yes, its a little bit crazy, but I like crazy! Now I come to think about it, Caro needs to get a little crazy too :D

As I have stated a couple of times now, I think she should forget about the doubles! Its toooo much tennis!

Protoss
Sep 24th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Caro/AMG won 6-3 6-2 against Domi/Chaky in 55 minutes 37 seconds. :)

jasminefu623
Sep 24th, 2008, 11:49 AM
go and take a look at the pictures of caro waring chinese clothes:lol:

kinseh
Sep 24th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Caro/AMG won 6-3 6-2 against Domi/Chaky in 55 minutes 37 seconds. :)

That's her first win in quite some time. :lol:

yukon145
Sep 25th, 2008, 01:10 AM
i think Caro just needs a bit of rest, she'll bounce back.

Dodoboy.
Sep 25th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Well dne in Doubles :):)

Protoss
Sep 26th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Yay! Caro/AMG won 6-3 7-5 against Cornet/Pavlyuchenkova in 1 hour 22 minutes. :)

Wolfruler
Sep 26th, 2008, 12:53 PM
This may sound a little cold, but I dont really care so much for her doubles!! It´s good that she gets some positive winning experience out of it, but winning doubles doesnt do anything for your singles career. At best it´s good for volley pratice, at worst its a waste of time....just my opinion ;)

Carofan
Sep 27th, 2008, 05:43 AM
Doubles match is live on TV now

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=19359&part=sports

jasminefu623
Sep 27th, 2008, 06:23 AM
carofan, can you record the match and share with us?? thank you

Protoss
Sep 27th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Caro/AMG won 6-1 6-1 against Luz/Zhang. :) The match was 53 minutes 52 seconds long.

Caro is now in the 2nd Wta doubles final of her career. :)

Dodoboy.
Sep 27th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Well done girls!

Where was the first doubles final??

Protoss
Sep 27th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Well done girls!

Where was the first doubles final??
In Memphis in 2006. She played with Victoria Azarenka.

Carofan
Sep 27th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Great match by Caro, she hardly made an error today. She was one big smile on the court the whole match :D Especially I noticed all the overhead smashes - she didnt miss a single one. Hope she can take this form into next week, in this kind of form she will diffinately still be in the Tokyo tournament by the end of next week.

Match up in video section.

Protoss
Sep 27th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Great match by Caro, she hardly made an error today. She was one big smile on the court the whole match :D Especially I noticed all the overhead smashes - she didnt miss a single one. Hope she can take this form into next week, in this kind of form she will diffinately still be in the Tokyo tournament by the end of next week.

That's great to hear. :)

Protoss
Sep 27th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Here's the draw for the AIG Japan Open. I'd consider it pretty dissapointing if Caro didn't at least make it to the 3rd round (quarterfinal) based on the draw.

1 Caro
Gisela Dulko
Marina Erakovic
WC Ayumi Morita

Camille Pin
Carla Suarez Navarro
Qualifier
7 Tamarine Tanasugarn

4 Maria K
Klara Zakopalova
WC Aiko Nakamura
Marta Domachowska

Mara Santangelo
Qualifer
WC Kimiko Date Krumm
6 Shahar Peer

5 Kaia Kanepi
Lucie Safarova
Iveta Benesova
Yanina Wickmayer

Petra Cetkovska
Qualifer
Anatasia Pavluchenkova
3 Jie Zheng

8 Alexandra Wozniak
Jill Craybas
Qualifer
Pauline Parmentier

Samantha Stosur
Qualifer
Yung Chan Chan
2 Anabel Medina Garrigues

Dinayer
Sep 27th, 2008, 02:49 PM
good luck in doubles :)

I like the draw of tokyo :)
do your best caro!

kinseh
Sep 27th, 2008, 03:14 PM

That's great to hear. :cool: And although I don't care about doubles, I'm happy about their results. Playing doubles and winning matches is better than sitting and waiting for the next tournament to begin.

The Japan draw looks fine. At least she's not in Anabel's half. :lol:

tonyb
Sep 28th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Doubles match is live on TV now

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=19359&part=sports

Thanks for the link I have just seen CW and MG win the China Open doubles.

yukon145
Sep 28th, 2008, 03:44 PM
anyone have any pics from the doubles final?

Carofan
Sep 28th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Well done Caro! A title is a title. It will look good on your 2008 resume :D

"I learned to play real doubles now" :lol: ;)

Dodoboy.
Sep 28th, 2008, 04:33 PM
http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20080928/all/l3418392.jpg

Protoss
Sep 28th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Yay!!!! Caro/AMG won 6-1 6-3 against Han/Xu in 1 hour 9 minutes. :) Great job Caro/AMG. :)

Congrats Caro on winning your 1st Wta doubles title. :)

svetaisthebest
Sep 28th, 2008, 10:25 PM
congrats Caro/AMG :yeah:

Carofan
Sep 29th, 2008, 06:27 AM
:eek:
Did you guys know that MEDINA GARRIGUES A. / RUANO PASCUAL actually lost to HAN X. CHN / XU, Y. CHN 6-3 2-6 10-1 last year at China Open in second round, exactly that couple Caro and Anabel crushed yesterday 6-1 6-3?

tonyb
Sep 29th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Her is a link to Justin TV live stream with AIG Japan Open scheduled for tommorrow. http://www.justin.tv/zura003
As 1# seed CW must be on Center Court, and the Japanese broadcaster will show her match?

It's good that CW's 1rd match is first tomorrow probably in the evening.
And happily for CW its only 2 hrs 45 mins flying time from Bejing to Tokyo, and the same time zone.
So hopefully she will get a good start against Dulko.
She beat her 6-1 6-1 in 1 rd Australian open and lost to her 6-2 7-5 in 2rd Berlin.

bwin online betting is offering CW 1.09 and GD 6.00

So I am crossing my fingers, that she gets past the first round this time.

jasminefu623
Sep 29th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Her is a link to Justin TV live stream with AIG Japan Open scheduled for tommorrow. http://www.justin.tv/zura003
As 1# seed CW must be on Center Court, and the Japanese broadcaster will show her match?

It's good that CW's 1rd match is first tomorrow probably in the evening.
And happily for CW its only 2 hrs 45 mins flying time from Bejing to Tokyo, and the same time zone.
So hopefully she will get a good start against Dulko.
She beat her 6-1 6-1 in 1 rd Australian open and lost to her 6-2 7-5 in 2rd Berlin.

bwin online betting is offering CW 1.09 and GD 6.00

So I am crossing my fingers, that she gets past the first round this time.

i need to go to school tomorrow evening:fiery:

so someone plz record it, thx:worship:

tonyb
Sep 29th, 2008, 01:08 PM
i need to go to school tomorrow evening:fiery:

so someone plz record it, thx:worship:

If they show CW playing will try recording.

tonyb
Sep 29th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Bad news

http://www.justin.tv/zura003
Content from this channel removed at the request of the copyright holder.
worked earlier not now.:sad::sad:

Bugger the copyright owner:fiery::fiery:

I couldnt find TV or streams available outside Japan

Damn seed 1# and no live pics

svetaisthebest
Sep 29th, 2008, 11:44 PM
:eek:
Did you guys know that MEDINA GARRIGUES A. / RUANO PASCUAL actually lost to HAN X. CHN / XU, Y. CHN 6-3 2-6 10-1 last year at China Open in second round, exactly that couple Caro and Anabel crushed yesterday 6-1 6-3?

:eek: great revenge for them:worship:

Bad news

worked earlier not now.:sad::sad:

Bugger the copyright owner:fiery::fiery:

I couldnt find TV or streams available outside Japan

Damn seed 1# and no live pics

thats terrible:(:sad:

Protoss
Sep 30th, 2008, 04:05 AM
Caro plays Dulko in the 4th match on center court today. Play started at 10 am local time (about 2 hours ago).

tonyb
Sep 30th, 2008, 09:46 AM
CW won, but she played bad in the first set.
1st 4-6 1hour 5 mins !!! 44/90 points 46/90 points
2st 6-0 20 mins 26/34 8/34 points
2st 6-3 35 mins 30/51 21/51 points

She was down 0-2 in 1 & 3 sets

Hope she plays better against Morita in 2rnd.

KatChr
Sep 30th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Nice to see Caro win a match! Hopefully shes gonna pick it up and win the title!

Protoss
Sep 30th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Nice to see Caro win again in singles. :) Seems like it had been a long while. :p Keep it up Caro.

Looking at Dulko's results after Wimbledon, it seems like this match should have been a lot easier than it was. Dulko was 1-7 after Wimbledon prior to today's match, with her only win being 6-4 in the 3rd set against qualifer #164 Tatiana Poutchek. That's also the only match of those 8 in which she won a set. So it doesn't look good for Caro to have a lost a set and struggled so much against Dulko.

Of course at this point any win in singles is pretty much a good win. :)

Dinayer
Sep 30th, 2008, 06:54 PM
well done caro :yeah:

good luck tomorrow :)

do your best :)

Dodoboy.
Sep 30th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Good luck against home favourite"

tonyb
Sep 30th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Thanks to TheBoiledEgg For the Stats

RANKS FOR 06 OCT 2008
2007 Pts off: WTA Stuttgart, Tokyo JO & Tashkent + ITF Troy

WTA Tier II Stuttgart Tue
WTA Tier III Tokyo JO Tue

14 Marion Bartoldi............40...1570
15 Flavia Pennetta.............1...1510
16 Caroline Wozniacki......20...1438
17 Vika Azarenko..............40...1434
18 Alize Cornet...................1...1423
19 Nadia Petrova..............40...1414

Looking at the above I think that 17,18 & 19 are too close for comfort.
We can only hope that CW at least wins her 2rd match, and that Radwanska stops Azarenko, Kusnetsova/Schnyder stops Petrova or she will drop 2 places.

If anyone can see where I have figured wrong please correct :D

Wolfruler
Oct 1st, 2008, 05:58 AM
thanks for pointing this out, but I think we can expect Caro to drop a few places anyhow! ;)

sunsfuns
Oct 1st, 2008, 06:37 AM
Thanks to TheBoiledEgg For the Stats

RANKS FOR 06 OCT 2008
2007 Pts off: WTA Stuttgart, Tokyo JO & Tashkent + ITF Troy

WTA Tier II Stuttgart Tue
WTA Tier III Tokyo JO Tue

14 Marion Bartoldi............40...1570
15 Flavia Pennetta.............1...1510
16 Caroline Wozniacki......20...1438
17 Vika Azarenko..............40...1434
18 Alize Cornet...................1...1423
19 Nadia Petrova..............40...1414

Looking at the above I think that 17,18 & 19 are too close for comfort.
We can only hope that CW at least wins her 2rd match, and that Radwanska stops Azarenko, Kusnetsova/Schnyder stops Petrova or she will drop 2 places.

If anyone can see where I have figured wrong please correct :D

It's all correct, but the way up is by winning matches not by hoping that others will fail. At least that's my philosophy ;)

P.S. Live stream works for me now. Hopefully Caro's next match will be at more reasonable time

tonyb
Oct 1st, 2008, 08:18 AM
It's all correct, but the way up is by winning matches not by hoping that others will fail. At least that's my philosophy

Your right, she didn't get to #16 by everyone else loosing. :lol:
The extra 120 pts from winning the tournament would the best, and if she can get back to the "at least the 3rd round stream" in Russia, would be the way up.
But it never hurts to have a little help from your friends. :devil:

tonyb
Oct 1st, 2008, 08:59 AM
thanks for pointing this out, but I think we can expect Caro to drop a few places anyhow! ;)

Well if it happens, lets hope she dosn't have to start that qualifying crap again. :devil:

C. W. Fields
Oct 1st, 2008, 09:41 AM
Japan Open is supposed to end on Sunday and the main draw of Kremlin Cup starts Monday. It's gonna be a really tough program for Caro, if she goes all the way to the JO final. And to top it off they're already lagging behind with the matches, probably because of the bad weather. The last of the women's 2R matches were originally scheduled be played Wednesday, but apparently Caro wont be playing her 2R match until Thursday, so who knows if they manage to finish the tournament on schedule. Should we 'hope' for her to get knocked out of JO in the SF or something because KC is a much bigger tournament?

Carofan
Oct 1st, 2008, 01:09 PM
Caro plays 15-20% below her USOpen form now and even in her best form she is not making it past any seeds besides Ana in Moscow, im sorry to admit. A second round is the top goal for Moscow. The best she can do is to keep winning in Japan, build up the confidence to play aggressive tennis in Moscow. Come up with something unexpected now, that all the players know the tactic to beat Caro is to play aggressive and let Caro tie-up her, slow slice under pressure, for you, and then kill it.

tonyb
Oct 1st, 2008, 01:27 PM
Japan Open is supposed to end on Sunday and the main draw of Kremlin Cup starts Monday. It's gonna be a really tough program for Caro, if she goes all the way to the JO final. And to top it off they're already lagging behind with the matches, probably because of the bad weather. The last of the women's 2R matches were originally scheduled be played Wednesday, but apparently Caro wont be playing her 2R match until Thursday, so who knows if they manage to finish the tournament on schedule. Should we 'hope' for her to get knocked out of JO in the SF or something because KC is a much bigger tournament?

According to the Kremlin homeside, the last of the 1rds are on Wed 8 Oct, she should be able to to do both easily.

OR we could organize a paypal account, have a whip-round on the whole TennisForum.com and hire a Lear for her. No serious, are we really fans or what. :cool: :cool:

I hope that she wins this and gets to the QF in Moscow.
I think that, if she tightens her buttocks, as she did yesterday, I think she has a chance. :dance:

Wolfruler
Oct 1st, 2008, 01:30 PM
I must agree with Carofan on this one! She should concentrate only on Japan...Moscow is too big a tournament considering her low form right now! ;)

kinseh
Oct 1st, 2008, 01:46 PM
Kremlin Cup has a damn tough field this year. I think Caro should concentrate on the Japan tournament.

Speaking of her match, it was a bit more of a struggle than it should have been, but I'm satisfied with any win right now. :lol:

tonyb
Oct 1st, 2008, 02:15 PM
Probably she will concentrate on the AiG open while she is in Tokyo, and then concentrate on the Kremlin Cup, if and when she gets to Moscow on time. :tennis:

Protoss
Oct 1st, 2008, 05:56 PM
Caro plays 15-20% below her USOpen form now and even in her best form she is not making it past any seeds besides Ana in Moscow, im sorry to admit. A second round is the top goal for Moscow. The best she can do is to keep winning in Japan, build up the confidence to play aggressive tennis in Moscow. Come up with something unexpected now, that all the players know the tactic to beat Caro is to play aggressive and let Caro tie-up her, slow slice under pressure, for you, and then kill it.
I'm a bit confused by what you mean by "let Caro tie-up her, slow slice under pressure". Could you explain it? Thanks.

Protoss
Oct 1st, 2008, 06:04 PM
Caro plays the 1st match on center court on thursday against Ayumi Morita. Play begins at 10 am local time.

Carofan
Oct 1st, 2008, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by Carofan http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images2007/buttons/lastpost.gif (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=14166002#post14166002)

But nothing is impossible for Caro :angel:

I'm a bit confused by what you mean by "let Caro tie-up her, slow slice under pressure". Could you explain it? Thanks.

When Caro is on the run at the baseline under pressure, she has a tendency to slice the ball back to the other baseline with no pace and a high bounce, lots of time for the opponent to have a cigarette and get in position for the final shot. Tee-up.

SorenP
Oct 2nd, 2008, 09:48 AM
Japan Open is supposed to end on Sunday and the main draw of Kremlin Cup starts Monday. It's gonna be a really tough program for Caro, if she goes all the way to the JO final.

If I remember corrrect from the WTA rules she will have one day off. (Finals Sunday = 1. round Tuesday)

KatChr
Oct 2nd, 2008, 10:01 AM
Caroline won today against Morita - 62 61 - so hopefully shes found her form again!!

C. W. Fields
Oct 2nd, 2008, 10:32 AM
If I remember corrrect from the WTA rules she will have one day off. (Finals Sunday = 1. round Tuesday)

Let's hope they'll have the women's tournament finished by Sunday, then. If the weather causes further delays and Caro reaches the final... :tape: But I think they'll manage with just 7 matches left to play.

Nice to see Caro beating Morita so clearly. Now she'll be facing Tanasugarn for the first time. The Thai had some impressive results on grass earlier in the season, but this is the first time in six hard court tournaments that she's made it past 2R. I think Caro's gonna win if she plays near her best.

And Sharapova is now officially out for the rest of the season and won't be playing Doha. So, if Caro can regain the no. 11 spot on the race list she'll be at least one of the two substitutes.

tonyb
Oct 2nd, 2008, 11:54 AM
A couple of links to websites to quickly find Info/Live Scores/Live streams.

Live Score Hunter (http://www.livescorehunter.com/component/option,com_bookmarks/Itemid,476/task,wrapper/id,1649/)
Watch4Free Tennis Online Live Streams (http://livetennisvideostreaming.blogspot.com/)

They link to AIG Open, but it is possible to navigate to others.

I have just found them, thought they were usfull.

Its good she beat Morita, was 0-2 down in the first set, and saved 7bps, so she seems to have some of her fighting spirit back again.

On paper she should have a good chance against Tanasugarn, but after the last 3 weeks, its not a cert.

Protoss
Oct 2nd, 2008, 01:00 PM
Good job Caro. :) Caro was 6-2 against Morita in juniors, so it's nice to see her success against Morita carry over onto the senior level. :)

I'm a bit concerned about her slow starts though and there seems to be somewhat of a problem with her serve as she faced break points in 5 of her 8 service games.

Dinayer
Oct 2nd, 2008, 03:54 PM
win this caro :rocker:

kinseh
Oct 2nd, 2008, 06:45 PM
Whoa, great stuff from Caro. :cool: Good luck against Tanasugarn!

C. W. Fields
Oct 3rd, 2008, 08:33 AM
4 & 1 win Caro :) She was broken twice in a slightly rocky first set, but otherwise a dominating performance. Now she has defended her SF showing from last year, and with no Venus to stand in her way this time, I think it's fair to expect her to go further this year.
Next up is Gajdosova who's no. 178 in the world. If Caro's play is just at 90% or so, I don't think the Slovak will be too much trouble. I'm a little disappointed that Stosur was knocked out. I would have liked her to be Caro's opponent in her (presumed) final, to avenge the loss in Eastbourne, but it wasn't meant to be.

Somethings just occured to me; I was a little apprehensive about how little time to rest Caro will have before Kremlin Cup, if she reaches the final in Tokyo. But in a way she'll actually be better off than the finalists in Stuttgart (all the players remaining in Stuttgart will also be playing in Moscow). Both finals will be played around the same local time Sunday, but Tokyo is 8 hours ahead of Stuttgart, leaving a bigger gap before the Moscow start. But on the other hand Caro will have longer to travel... :scratch:

Protoss
Oct 4th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Nice win Caro. :) I'm still a bit concerned about her serve though as she faced break points in 5 out of her 9 service games.

C. W. Fields
Oct 4th, 2008, 07:04 AM
WTA site description of the SFs:

Wozniacki, Kanepi Move Into Tokyo Title Match

TOKYO, Japan - Caroline Wozniacki got to within one step away from her third Sony Ericsson WTA Tour singles title of the year while Kaia Kanepi is now a step away from the first of her career, after both women moved through to the final of the AIG Japan Open in straight sets on Saturday.

Kanepi, the No.5 seed at the $175,000, Tier III event, was the first to reach the title match, beating No.8 seed Aleksandra Wozniak, 64 64. It was a serving display, as the two women barely budged in their service games; but Estonia's Kanepi got the critical break in each set to close out her Canadian opponent for the second time in their two career encounters.

Wozniacki, the top seed in the Japanese capital, ended the surprise run of lucky loser Jarmila Gajdosova, smacking four aces and losing serve just once for a 64 63 win. Wozniacki also improved to 2-0 lifetime over her conquered semifinal opponent, having beaten the Slovak in straight sets at Indian Wells last year.

Wozniacki and Kanepi will be playing each other for the first time, so there's no history to look back on as a predictor. The two big-hitters have very different histories in singles finals on the Tour however, with Wozniacki going 2-0 (winning titles at Stockholm and New Haven this past summer) and Kanepi going 0-1 (finishing as a runner-up to the now-retired Kim Clijsters at Hasselt in 2006).

Although Kanepi is ranked 17 spots lower than Wozniacki (No.33 to No.16), the Estonian is no stranger to the Top 20 upset. She has six career Top 20 wins, including four this year (two over Anna Chakvetadze, two over Patty Schnyder).

Dinayer
Oct 4th, 2008, 09:04 AM
well done caro :rocker2:

take the tittle :)

good luck tomorrow :D

sunsfuns
Oct 4th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Caro will play #8 seed Anna C. in the first round in Moscow. If she wins, Nadia Petrova or a qualifier will be next.

Protoss
Oct 4th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Yay!! Good job Caro. :) It seems that her serve was better as she only faced break points in 3 out of her 10 service games.

So how did Caro play? Anybody watch the match?

C. W. Fields
Oct 4th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Caro will play #8 seed Anna C. in the first round in Moscow. If she wins, Nadia Petrova or a qualifier will be next.

Well, it could have been much worse. She beat Chakwetadze in New Haven and Petrova will be just as tired as Caro. If Caro makes it to the QF, Dementieva probably awaits her. What are all those Russians doing in Moscow!? :confused:

:lol:

NB: Caro has written a new blog entry about her last two matches.

tonyb
Oct 5th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Now that was really good, 3rd title this year, a bit stomach cramp provocating in the 2nd set "Will she through it all away"
But now all forgiven.
She looked so happy in a relaxed way when the final point was won.

sunsfuns
Oct 5th, 2008, 05:39 AM
Title was the only acceptable result this week - mission accomplished :D

Derek.
Oct 5th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Great week of tennis from Caro! :worship:
She may have not played her best tennis, but she found ways to win. :yeah:

C. W. Fields
Oct 5th, 2008, 06:53 AM
It's nice to see that Caro can handle a new kind of pressure as well. Being the top seed for the first time in a WTA tournament and after two 1R loses she was under much pressure to really stand up and deliver. As Sunsfuns says; the title was the only acceptable result, and Caro delivered.

It was a really odd match to watch. They are both baseline players, but other than that they are complete opposites. Caro is a very stable player, not many unforced errors but at times a bit too defensive. Kanepi is very unstable, pressing hard with her baseline power shots, racing back and forth between excellent winners and unforced errors. Fortunately for Caro more often the latter. Symptomatically Kanepi 2-3 times had back to back aces-double faults.

It was actually Kanepi dicating the match most of the time. In the beginning of the first set her game didn't work at all - for example she got in none of her first serves in her 1st service game - and quickly fell behind 0-4. Caro at the same time was steady as a rock and didn't make a single unforced error in the first set. Kanepi gradually worked her way into the match, though. Too late to avoid losing the first set 6-2, but from early in the second set she took over, breaking Caro's 2nd and 3rd service games. Caro became too defensive, allowing Kanepi to control the points. But Kanepi still showed mental frailty, being very nervous on the big points. Many times throughout the match she was up 40-0 or 40-15 on her own serve, but allowed Caro to reach deuce. Caro only managed to break serve once in the second set, though, and Kanepi hung on to win the set 6-3, symptomatically needing six set points to do so.
From the start of the third set Kanepi's unstable mental makeup became clear again. Winning a set didn't boost her game to improve what had worked in the second set, instead she lost her grip and reversed to her early game and bundles of unforced errors, losing the first six points. Caro at the same time became a little more agressive; instead of just pushing the ball back she was hitting back with some pressure. When Kanepi wasn't allowed to step into the court and dictate the points Caro could often outsteady her. Alternating easy and close games Caro raced to a 5-0 lead, and Kanepi only managed to win a single comfort game before Caro served out the match 6-1.

Positives about Caro's game: She showed steely reserve. Though being down nearly all through the second set she never gave up, fighting tooth and nail. She broke back once and nearly managed a second time as well. And though she lost the set, she didn't let it effect her game negatively in the last set. Instead she realized what had been wrong with her game and gave it a positive change. She didn't make many unforced errors (for example she only had 1 double fault and that was in her last service game) and had many beautiful winners from her backhand.

Negatives about Caro's game: Her tendency to become too defensive in her play showed up again. Instead of just safely pushing the ball back I would like to see her returning power with power. It would probably lead to more unforced errors from her side, but hopefully it would also lead to fewer lost points where the opponent can step into the court and dictate the game. I also wish she would get some more snap in her forehand. It happened more than once that she made a beautiful build up but was unable to finish of the point with her forehand shots. And sometimes Caro lets her temper get the better of her; throwing her racquet and objecting to line calls where there is no hope of overturning them. It's a waste of mental power and breaks her concentration.

A big congratulations to Caro on her third WTA singles title and good luck in Moscow :)

Dinayer
Oct 5th, 2008, 09:41 AM
awesome caro :worship:

congrats!

3 tittle :banana:

good luck in Moscow!
win some matches :rocker2:

tonyb
Oct 5th, 2008, 10:01 AM
It's nice to see that Caro can handle a new kind of pressure as well. Being the top seed for the first time in a WTA tournament and after two 1R loses she was under much pressure to really stand up and deliver. As Sunsfuns says; the title was the only acceptable result, and Caro delivered.

It was a really odd match to watch. They are both baseline players, but other than that they are complete opposites. Caro is a very stable player, not many unforced errors but at times a bit too defensive. Kanepi is very unstable, pressing hard with her baseline power shots, racing back and forth between excellent winners and unforced errors. Fortunately for Caro more often the latter. Symptomatically Kanepi 2-3 times had back to back aces-double faults.

It was actually Kanepi dicating the match most of the time. In the beginning of the first set her game didn't work at all - for example she got in none of her first serves in her 1st service game - and quickly fell behind 0-4. Caro at the same time was steady as a rock and didn't make a single unforced error in the first set. Kanepi gradually worked her way into the match, though. Too late to avoid losing the first set 6-2, but from early in the second set she took over, breaking Caro's 2nd and 3rd service games. Caro became too defensive, allowing Kanepi to control the points. But Kanepi still showed mental frailty, being very nervous on the big points. Many times throughout the match she was up 40-0 or 40-15 on her own serve, but allowed Caro to reach deuce. Caro only managed to break serve once in the second set, though, and Kanepi hung on to win the set 6-3, symptomatically needing six set points to do so.
From the start of the third set Kanepi's unstable mental makeup became clear again. Winning a set didn't boost her game to improve what had worked in the second set, instead she lost her grip and reversed to her early game and bundles of unforced errors, losing the first six points. Caro at the same time became a little more agressive; instead of just pushing the ball back she was hitting back with some pressure. When Kanepi wasn't allowed to step into the court and dictate the points Caro could often outsteady her. Alternating easy and close games Caro raced to a 5-0 lead, and Kanepi only managed to win a single comfort game before Caro served out the match 6-1.

Positives about Caro's game: She showed steely reserve. Though being down nearly all through the second set she never gave up, fighting tooth and nail. She broke back once and nearly managed a second time as well. And though she lost the set, she didn't let it effect her game negatively in the last set. Instead she realized what had been wrong with her game and gave it a positive change. She didn't make many unforced errors (for example she only had 1 double fault and that was in her last service game) and had many beautiful winners from her backhand.

Negatives about Caro's game: Her tendency to become too defensive in her play showed up again. Instead of just safely pushing the ball back I would like to see her returning power with power. It would probably lead to more unforced errors from her side, but hopefully it would also lead to fewer lost points where the opponent can step into the court and dictate the game. I also wish she would get some more snap in her forehand. It happened more than once that she made a beautiful build up but was unable to finish of the point with her forehand shots. And sometimes Caro lets her temper get the better of her; throwing her racquet and objecting to line calls where there is no hope of overturning them. It's a waste of mental power and breaks her concentration.

A big congratulations to Caro on her third WTA singles title and good luck in Moscow :)

I agree completly with your analyse, it will be interesting to see how it goes next year, when she has alot of points to defend.
The way she is playing at the moment, just inside the top 20 is her place.

Wyclef
Oct 5th, 2008, 10:30 AM
congrats caro

great post by c.w fields a few mouse scrolls above, fully agree with it

C. W. Fields
Oct 5th, 2008, 10:42 AM
I agree completly with your analyse, it will be interesting to see how it goes next year, when she has alot of points to defend.
The way she is playing at the moment, just inside the top 20 is her place.

Yes, next year will be interesting. Reaching a high position and defending it are two very different things.
I think she'll finish 2008 in the top 15.

tonyb
Oct 5th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Yes, next year will be interesting. Reaching a high position and defending it are two very different things.
I think she'll finish 2008 in the top 15.

Inside the top 15 I am afraid not.
She won on being stable and patient and not getting double faults/unforced errors.
Also " Kanepi said. "I have been here without a coach for the last few weeks. I've been working to figure out who I am on the court by myself, and how I'm playing. I'm very happy with the result, that I made it to the final on my own."

When she plays against anyone in the top its not enough. Her backhand is pretty good, but she is not agressive enough and her forhand limp.
Players better than Kanepi can steer the match better, and get CW on the run.
So again the question comes up, what can she do about that.
And again the question comes up, should she get a regular trainer as well as her Dad.
She always says, why change something that is going well.
Well its gone really well this year, superb.
Who would have thought 2 years ago when she won Junior Wimbldon, #16 3 Singles titles 1 Double title etc etc
But even though she is only 18 she cannot remaine " promising young player with talent " forever.
And next year with all these lovely points to defend, it will be tougher.
Maybe soon it will be time soon for some extra impute.

I hope this does not sound too negative, as I am a big fan.

Dodoboy.
Oct 5th, 2008, 11:31 AM
http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20081005/all/l3429340.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20081005/all/l3429339.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20081005/all/l3429338.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/p5/20081005/05/3375605717.jpg

Dodoboy.
Oct 5th, 2008, 12:45 PM
http://www.justin.tv/erfgy78hw435b

You can watch the match here

jasminefu623
Oct 5th, 2008, 01:46 PM
http://www.justin.tv/erfgy78hw435b

You can watch the match here

i can't watch it....

C. W. Fields
Oct 5th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Inside the top 15 I am afraid not.
She won on being stable and patient and not getting double faults/unforced errors.
Also " Kanepi said. "I have been here without a coach for the last few weeks. I've been working to figure out who I am on the court by myself, and how I'm playing. I'm very happy with the result, that I made it to the final on my own."

When she plays against anyone in the top its not enough. Her backhand is pretty good, but she is not agressive enough and her forhand limp.
Players better than Kanepi can steer the match better, and get CW on the run.
So again the question comes up, what can she do about that.
And again the question comes up, should she get a regular trainer as well as her Dad.
She always says, why change something that is going well.
Well its gone really well this year, superb.
Who would have thought 2 years ago when she won Junior Wimbldon, #16 3 Singles titles 1 Double title etc etc
But even though she is only 18 she cannot remaine " promising young player with talent " forever.
And next year with all these lovely points to defend, it will be tougher.
Maybe it will be time soon for some extra impute.

I hope this does not sound too negative, as I am a big fan.

Well, she just needs to advance one spot to be in the top 15, and even with her current game I think she's better than some of the more unstable players just ahead of her (Bartoli, Hantuchova, Chakvetadze), but I also agree she needs to improve/change her game to get to the next level.
Currently I would rate her as being among the best of the second best. There's a group of 6-8 players whose game is generally a level above Caro's.
Hiring a trainer is definitely a possibility. She probably still needs her dad with her for the feeling of safety he provides, and his ablities are excellent when it comes to analyzing opponents, but working with a trainer at least part of the year to toughen up her game would probably be beneficial.
But Caroline/Piotr might continue the way it is with the philosophy "don't fix it if it ain't broke", until something does break, which may be next year.

And no, I don't think you sound too negative. We are about the same level of negative! :lol:

Protoss
Oct 5th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Great job Caro. :) Congratulations on winning your 3rd singles title of the year. :)

What's this about a stomach cramp?

C. W. Fields
Oct 5th, 2008, 04:26 PM

Where have you heard that?

kinseh
Oct 5th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Congrats on your third title, Caroline! :banana: She's one of the girls who has won the most titles this year. :eek: Amazing.

As someone mentioned, this was of course the only acceptable result (a final could have done it too, but nothing less would be good enough), but that doesn't make this title look any worse. I'm glad she could handle the pressure of being the top seed and really having to deliver after these two first round losses. Kanepi is a dangerous opponent (that's something I won't forget after Kim Clijsters had to play three sets against her in Hasselt in 2006 :lol:), so I think it's a good victory - a bit of a shaky score, but what matters is that she won.

Now on to Kremlin Cup. :scared: Good luck!

sunsfuns
Oct 5th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Well, she just needs to advance one spot to be in the top 15, and even with her current game I think she's better than some of the more unstable players just ahead of her (Bartoli, Hantuchova, Chakvetadze), but I also agree she needs to improve/change her game to get to the next level.
Currently I would rate her as being among the best of the second best. There's a group of 6-8 players who's game is generally a level above Caro's.
Hiring a trainer is definitely a possibility. She probably still needs her dad with her for the feeling of safety he provides, and his ablities are excellent when it comes to analyzing opponents, but working with a trainer at least part of the year to toughen up her game would probably be beneficial.
But Caroline/Piotr might continue the way it is with the philosophy "don't fix it if it ain't broke", until something does break, which may be next year.

And no, I don't think you sound too negative. We are about the same level of negative! :lol:

I agree completely. She will be top 15 simply by numbers and by being steady (#12 in the race tomorrow), but to get to the next level and contend for the big titles she needs to improve quite a few things. IMO her ability to analyze her opponents is already world class, but technically she is not there yet (weak second serve, not enough pace on her forehand etc.).

Anyway, if I invest this much time following a young player, I expect her to seriously contend for GS titles. Caro better not disappoint me ;)

Protoss
Oct 5th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Where have you heard that?
It was referred to in this thread. I was trying to find out more about it.

'... a bit stomach cramp provocating in the 2nd set "Will she through it all away"'

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=14191126&postcount=171

JeLeNaJfAn
Oct 5th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Hey did anybody recorded the match (any match?) from AIG Open?
The final would be great

tonyb
Oct 5th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Great job Caro. :) Congratulations on winning your 3rd singles title of the year. :)

It was me who got tight in my stomach during the second set, as I was afraid that CW was letting it slip away. you know, "shit she's losing it"

tonyb
Oct 5th, 2008, 07:37 PM
JeLeNaJfAn "Through so many episodes in an eventful evening, Jankovic emerged the biggest winner of all. At once flighty, graceful, awkward, delighted, crestfallen - you could add another half-dozen roles - Jankovic never loses the crowd's sentiment. They can't help but embrace someone who plays the game out of love, wears emotion on her sleeve and, win or lose, seems to end up with a smile."

It depends how you look at it, I see it like Jankobitch Manipulating Drama Queen.

tonyb
Oct 5th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields
And no, I don't think you sound too negative. We are about the same level of negative!

Well, beside all the press hype tornado in Danmark, you know "The greatest sports thing since sliced bread" or Lille Henrivende Inge kind of thing, these thoughts feel abit like sacrilege.
I am just afraid that if she begins to believe the hype, she might leave it too late to develope her game and experience a longer slump next year. And woosh the press, sponsors good will is gone.
When was the last time you read anything about Thomas Bjørn ????
All this because I think she has talent etc, and would like too see her thrash Jankovitch and Ivanovic.

C. W. Fields
Oct 5th, 2008, 08:34 PM
The Monday KC schedule is up http://www.kremlincup.ru/db/results/schedule/6/
As expected Caro won't be playing Monday, giving her a full day to rest and get acquainted with the surface. The Tuesday schedule isn't up yet. We can't know her court/hour until tomorrow evening.

améliemomo
Oct 5th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Congrats caroline for your 3rd title this year,thats really impressive:hearts:

moscow will be very tough for her cause she will be tired but most of all she will face top players.
I know she already beat chakvetadze who is not at her best right now but chakvetadze is playing at home and she already won Moscow.It was in 2006.
Allez caro do your best:wavey:

Wolfruler
Oct 5th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Congrats to Caro!!! ;)

I must say, I totally agree on the subject started by tonyb and CW.fields concerning Caro´s game and her shortages on the court! She won the final because of stability(which is a force of course) but also on Kanepi´s many unforced errors! She seriously needs her forhand to get better...alot better! If her forhand becomes as strong as her backhand, she will be extremely had to beat! :) GO CARO!

Edit: A little strange we are discussion her things to improve after taking her 3rd WTA title this year, but I guess, we want sooo much more for Caro! I think its good, but lets also enjoy her victory this weekend...I DO!!! :)

C. W. Fields
Oct 6th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Kremlin will be an interesting test for Caro in more ways than one. Surely her JO win must have restored some of the confidence she may have lost in the two previous tournaments, but in all honesty it wasn't a very strong tournament and she faced no one from the top 30. In the two previous weeks she played stronger tournaments, faced opponents in the #25-30 and lost both matches in straight sets. Kremlin is an even stronger tournament than PPO and CO with Caro facing opponents strictly from the top 15 (most likely). Is Caro's game and confidence up to the task? We'll see. It's not all that often you see a player going from top seed to unseed two days later!

Also, if she wins her matches she's likely to encounter all Russians for the first three rounds; Chakvetadze, Petrova and Dementieva. In her description of the CO doubles final against two Chinese, she says it was an exciting experience playing in front of a crowd of 5000 people all cheering for the opponent(s). In Kremlin we can undoubtedly expect the crowd to be cheering for the local girls (all three are Muscovites). I hope Caro won't be discouraged by it. I have no personal experience with Russian spectators, so I don't know if they are fairminded or bullies.

And if I remember correctly it's the first time since February last year (Ortisei, ITF win and Memphis, 2R exit against Venus) that Caro will be playing a tournament on Carpet. How will that surface suit her? Her opponents will no doubt be more familiar with the courts they are going to play on.

I consider Caro the favorite against Chakvetadze whose season hasn't been very impressive, and Caro won their only previous meeting at New Haven.
Caro-Petrova is pretty unclear, the two not having met before. Petrova had a bad start this year, but she has been very strong lately; going 17-4 in her last five tournaments, including a win in Cincinatti and a final in Stuttgart, beating opponents like Schnyder (twice), Radwanska and Ivanovic on the way. It's always hard to predict a first meeting, but I would consider Caro a slight underdog, Petrova looking more in-form.
Caro going further than 2R will be a slight (pleasant) surprise, so I won't predict beyond that for now.

Christinawww
Oct 6th, 2008, 02:00 PM
I think TBE wrote in general messages that Moscow is not carpet anymore. It is Hard court.

C. W. Fields
Oct 6th, 2008, 04:50 PM
I think TBE wrote in general messages that Moscow is not carpet anymore. It is Hard court.

It seems like you're right.
I think that's an advantage for Caro. HC seems to be her best surface and that's what she beat Chakvetadze on the first time, outdoors though.

C. W. Fields
Oct 6th, 2008, 07:22 PM
The Tuesday schedule is up - http://www.kremlincup.ru/db/results/schedule/7/ - and Caro won't be playing! Neither will Petrova. Seems like the finalists from Sunday are being given a good rest (Jankovic has a bye in 1R). You can't fault the sportsmanship, but I'm still rather surprised. 1R matches Monday, Tuesday AND Wednesday!? If Caro, Chakvetadze, Petrova or Lapushchenkova go all the way to the final they'll have to play five days in a row!

Rumor has it the courts are pretty slow. Is that an advantage or disadvantage for Caro?

Bartoli is out; 6-1, 4-1 retired against Cibulkova. She had 60 points to defend from last year and is only 22 points ahead of Caro. That means Caro has passed her come Monday whether she wins any matches or not.

Christinawww
Oct 6th, 2008, 08:44 PM
nope, Bartoli will still have 1570 points on Monday, because she has played a lot more than 17 tournaments and her 18th best result was also 60 points, so she isn't dropping any points.

tonyb
Oct 6th, 2008, 09:11 PM
The surface at Kremlin Cup is RuKortHard. It was layed in 2006. Page 14 on
http://images.kremlincup.ru/kremlincup/2008/08/20/0000000390/field8.pdf
It is an Acrylic,textured, pigmented, resinbound coating.
ITF Tennis Classified Court Surfaces (http://www.itftennis.com/technical/equipment/courts/courtlist.asp#24)
ITF has 5 categories, Slow, Medium Slow, Medium, Medium Fast, Fast.
RuKortHard is in Medium Fast.

TV Coverage The Official Site Sport TV Channel ?? Eurosport
http://www.kremlincup.ru/db/tvschedule/100

Satalite Dish (I Wish) Thanks to bmilan
Check Planeta Sport [Free-to-air channel at 13° east] or Telekanal Sport [Free-to-air channel at 40° east also in MPEG-4] and Eurosport
For more information visit http://bmilan.elpo.sk

LiveStream Thanks to RR-87
http://video.sportbox.ru/VidySporta/Tennis/v_20081006180000_mezhdunarodnyjturnirkubokkremla2

Thats all I can find. We might get to see CW, she is playing 3 russians in a row and then Jankovitch in the semis. ;);)

C. W. Fields
Oct 6th, 2008, 09:18 PM
nope, Bartoli will still have 1570 points on Monday, because she has played a lot more than 17 tournaments and her 18th best result was also 60 points, so she isn't dropping any points.

By my count her 17th best result come Monday will be her 35 points from Sydney. But there's no need to spend more space discussing that. This thread is supposed to be about Caro, not Bartoli, and we will get the answer in a few days anyway. :)

kinseh
Oct 7th, 2008, 02:59 PM
I'm very surprised that they are giving last week's finalists two days of rest. I guess there are both positives and negatives about that. Oh well, you can't fault the sportsmanship.

I expect Caro to beat Chakvetadze. Against in-form Petrova she should be a slight underdog, but winning is definitely not impossible. Should she go further than the second round, I'd be very pleasantly surprised.

Good luck. :kiss:

Edit: A little strange we are discussion her things to improve after taking her 3rd WTA title this year

Indeed. :lol:

tonyb
Oct 7th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Centre Court (from 11.00hrs)
1. Dementieva vs. Srebotnik
2. ATP: Youzhny vs. Gabashvili (NB 13.00hrs)
3. Cibulkova vs. Ivanovic (NB 15.00hrs)
4. ATP: Tursunov vs. Kunitsyn (NB 16.30hrs)
5. Mauresmo vs. Safina (NB 18.00hrs)
6. ATP: Chardy vs. Andreev

Court 1 (from 11.00hrs)
1. Wozniacki vs. Chakvetadze
2. Petrova vs. Lapushchenkova
3. ATP: Stakhovsky vs. Mathieu
4. Kuznetsova vs. Errani
5. ATP: Huss/Hutchins vs. Gabashvili/Safin

Thats 11.00 MSD Moscow or 9.00 CEST Copenhagen

Court 1 probably no streams or TV. :rolleyes:

C. W. Fields
Oct 7th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Pennetta beat Venus! Well, that's one less top player whom Caro has a bad record against to worry about.

Eurosport don't start transmission from KC until 4 hours after the start of Caro's match, so it'll have to be a very drawn out match... :rolleyes:

Christinawww
Oct 7th, 2008, 08:40 PM
By my count her 17th best result come Monday will be her 35 points from Sydney. But there's no need to spend more space discussing that. This thread is supposed to be about Caro, not Bartoli, and we will get the answer in a few days anyway. :)

one last note: :angel:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=236674

C. W. Fields
Oct 7th, 2008, 09:13 PM
one last note: :angel:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=236674

I had never noticed that thread before. Thanks for the link. :)
I now see I miscounted on the mandatory tournaments.
And that's MY last note :angel:

tonyb
Oct 7th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Pennetta beat Venus! Well, that's one less top player whom Caro has a bad record against to worry about.

Eurosport don't start transmission from KC until 4 hours after the start of Caro's match, so it'll have to be a very drawn out match... :rolleyes:

This link from amy previous post, works fine, a small image but very clear with 3 choices, at the top right.
LiveStream Thanks to RR-87
http://video.sportbox.ru/VidySporta/...irkubokkremla2
The schedule for tomorrow dosn't include CW as they are showing center court from 11:00, its the same program some Russian Eurosport is sending.

Lets hope CW gets on to center court later in the week.

sunsfuns
Oct 8th, 2008, 03:52 AM
I had never noticed that thread before. Thanks for the link. :)
I now see I miscounted on the mandatory tournaments.
And that's MY last note :angel:

I think I am addicted to that thread - I check it every time I come to this site... :lol:

Protoss
Oct 8th, 2008, 07:42 AM
I think if Caro isn't too tired from playing Tokyo and jet lag, she has a better than 50-50 chance at beating Chakvetadze.

KatChr
Oct 8th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Cant wait to see how it goes against Chacky!!

C. W. Fields
Oct 8th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Caro's and Dementieva's matches were supposed to start at the same time, but on Live Scoring Caro's match hasn't started yet, though Dementieva has been playing for half an hour! :confused:

Protoss
Oct 8th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Caro's and Dementieva's matches were supposed to start at the same time, but on Live Scoring Caro's match hasn't started yet, though Dementieva has been playing for half an hour! :confused:
It has started. For whatever reason, it's not on the Wta protennislive scoreboard.

Caro is down 2-5 1st set. :( She was down 0-4 1st set and got 2-4 40-30 but was broken.

Here's the address for the scoreboard from the Kremlin Cup website:

http://www.kremlincup.ru/data/java/scoreframe.html?lang=ru_win

Click on the little arrows at the top to change courts.

Protoss
Oct 8th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Caro lost the 1st set 2-6 in 36 minutes. There was a long delay, maybe 8 minutes, after Caro was broken for 2-5 before play resumed again.

Protoss
Oct 8th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Caro's match is now on the Wta protennislive scoreboard btw.

C. W. Fields
Oct 8th, 2008, 08:55 AM
1-1 second set, Caro just broke back. Let's hope for a New Haven repeat where she also lost first set.

Christinawww
Oct 8th, 2008, 09:10 AM
5-1 now, serving for the second set. Come on Caroline.

C. W. Fields
Oct 8th, 2008, 09:12 AM
6-1 Caro :D What a turnaround!

C. W. Fields
Oct 8th, 2008, 09:27 AM
2-0 Caro! I think Chaky is getting shaky (pun intended ;))! Let's hope she's having New Haven flashbacks. She kind of lost it back then in the last half of the match, when things started going against her.

Wolfruler
Oct 8th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Aparently not! 2-2...it worries me!

2-3 now...

Protoss
Oct 8th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Caro let Chaky back into the match as Caro had a bp for 3-0 3rd set. :(

Christinawww
Oct 8th, 2008, 09:46 AM
I am worried too. Hopefully she'll be able to stay strong and fight it out

she is up a break again, nothing is certain, but it is def. better than being down a break

C. W. Fields
Oct 8th, 2008, 09:53 AM
New break and 4-3 Caro. Close it out now, girl!

C. W. Fields
Oct 8th, 2008, 09:59 AM
5-4 Caro. Chakvetadze breaks even followed by a clean break by Caro. What a weird match!

Christinawww
Oct 8th, 2008, 10:01 AM
omg, what a break feast this 3rd set is. Now Caro, please please please hold

Protoss
Oct 8th, 2008, 10:02 AM
2 match points. Take it Caro.

Christinawww
Oct 8th, 2008, 10:03 AM
yes, she did it. She held served and won 6-4 in the 3rd. Too many breaks all together for my taste, but a win is a win, and a chance to improve.

Wolfruler
Oct 8th, 2008, 10:07 AM
CARO, you just f...rock!!!!! AMAZING!!! :)

Protoss
Oct 8th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Whew...wow. Good job Caro. :)

C. W. Fields
Oct 8th, 2008, 10:12 AM
2-6, 6-1, 6-4 Caro :) Up and down. 13 breaks in 25 games! I think they really need to work on their second serves; both of them winning only about 30%. And Chakvetadze DF'ed 8 times to Caro's 3, that was probably an important factor.
It seems like Caro is getting the same kind of grip on Chakvetadze that Jankovic has on our girl; losing the first set and winning the last two. Odd. :rolleyes:

tonyb
Oct 8th, 2008, 10:18 AM
That 2nd game in the 3 set would have been good to watch
5 Deuce CW 2GPs AC 3GPs
How long was that 10 mins??
Caro lost the 1st set 2-6 in 36 minutes. There was a long delay, maybe 8 minutes, after Caro was broken for 2-5 before play resumed again.
Maybe CW had a Med Break, learnt that from Jankovitch too. :devil:

Good she won, maybe the next games won't be so tough ?;)

Wolfruler
Oct 8th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Was the match shown anywhere???

jasminefu623
Oct 8th, 2008, 11:04 AM
i also want to watch this match!!
it should be a great match

jasminefu623
Oct 8th, 2008, 11:05 AM
it seems that caro had hurt her leg leg again

Wolfruler
Oct 8th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Yeahhh, I just read that also...Doesnt look promising! :(

Protoss
Oct 8th, 2008, 11:20 AM
it seems that caro had hurt her leg leg again
Where'd you hear that? :scared:

Wolfruler
Oct 8th, 2008, 11:45 AM
just watch the pictures at Getty images and you can see the bandage on her left leg!! Its also mentioned the danish media!! Its sad but true!

Derek.
Oct 8th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Great job, Caro! :banana:

I was nervous about this match since Anna would have her home crowd, but Caro is tough. ;)

Good luck in the next round! :)

Cyanite
Oct 8th, 2008, 01:18 PM
You all sure Caroline is from Denmark? Russians have doubts...

Kremlin Cup website:

The Russian Anna Chakvetadze lost to the Dutch Caroline Wozniacki 6/2, 1/6, 4/6 in the 1st round.

“The game simply failed”, - said the Russian, who didn’t suppress the disappointment in her play. – I was training the whole week in Moscow, but it didn’t help”.
The tennis player confessed that she is in bad shape and won’t be able to participate in Zurich tournament, but will definitely play in Luxemburg.

A couple of good defeats for Carolines closest competetors:
Cornet lost to mauresmo and Azarenka lost to Errani. Also Bartoli lost, to Cibulkova.

Wolfruler
Oct 8th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Just let those russians journalists be ;)...I feel sorry for their ignorance or their of lack information. But of course, it provokes!

C. W. Fields
Oct 8th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Caro says it took a little time to get used to the slower indoor courts in Moscow after the fast outdoor courts in the East, but she actually likes this surface. She had a little pain in her leg today, but though she's somewhat tired physically and looks forward to the end of the season, she doesn't feel tired mentally anymore. The wins in CO and JO has picked up her spirits. She predicts a tough match against Petrova, whom she call a good server, hard hitter and a good game controller, and she knows it will be an important match for the rankings/race list.

Apropos the race list; Zvonareva has a pretty good chance of passing Venus. If Radwanska hadn't been held out of KC by visa problems she could have passed her, too, and put her in serious danger of not qualifying for Doha.
By beating Petrova, Caro will be in line for the second substitute spot, but she needs to win KC to have any real chance for a direct qualification, and I must say my optimism doesn't stretch quite that far!

tonyb
Oct 8th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Caro says it took a little time to get used to the slower indoor courts in Moscow after the fast outdoor courts in the East, but she actually likes this surface. She had a little pain in her leg today, but though she's somewhat tired physically and looks forward to the end of the season, she doesn't feel tired mentally anymore. The wins in CO and JO has picked up her spirits. She predicts a tough match against Petrova, whom she call a good server, hard hitter and a good game controller, and she knows it will be an important match for the rankings/race list.

Apropos the race list; Zvonareva has a pretty good chance of passing Venus. If Radwanska hadn't been held out of KC by visa problems she could have passed her, too, and put her in serious danger of not qualifying for Doha.
By beating Petrova, Caro will be in line for the second substitute spot, but she needs to win KC to have any real chance for a direct qualification, and I must say my optimism doesn't stretch quite that far!

I don't know, as long as the ball is round you never know. :tennis::tennis::tennis::tennis:

Dinayer
Oct 8th, 2008, 03:56 PM
yes caro!
fantastic :worship:

good luck in next round!

:)

kinseh
Oct 8th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Good win. Well done, Caroline. :yeah: I don't expect her to go much further, though Petrova is certainly beatable.

Are all of you guys hoping for Caro to get one of the substitute spots for the YEC? :confused: I'm not. I mean, I know that it would be a good experience for her and everything, but I don't think she's ready for it yet. Playing the YEC should definitely be one of her main goals for the next season, but not this time, IMO.

C. W. Fields
Oct 8th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Are all of you guys hoping for Caro to get one of the substitute spots for the YEC? :confused: I'm not. I mean, I know that it would be a good experience for her and everything, but I don't think she's ready for it yet. Playing the YEC should definitely be one of her main goals for the next season, but not this time, IMO.

Well, getting the second substitute spot means she probably won't get to play, but it certainly underlines that she has had a great season. I don't think Caro herself expects to be playing in Doha. It's more a mental thing; it's proof that she's almost the equal of the biggest names on the tour. Like you say, she probably isn't quite ready yet to compete against all top players, but it should be a main goal of hers next season to qualify directly for the YEC, and being a substitute this year would be proof that it's definitely a possible goal.

Some interesting statistics from the official KC site (some of them differ from those I saw on the live scoreboard, so I don't know if they are completely accurate):
Chakvetadze had 57 UEs while Caro only hit 6 winners!
Petrova only got in 48% of her first serves. If she serves like that against Caro, our girl should get some break chances if she can get her service returns working.

tonyb
Oct 8th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Thursday, October 9, 2008

Centre Court (from 11.00hrs)
1. Petrova vs. Wozniacki
2. ATP: Davydenko vs. García-López (NB 13.00hrs)
3. Zvonareva vs. Hantuchova (NB 15.00hrs)
4. ATP: Benneteau vs. Safin (NB 16.30hrs)
5. Jankovic vs. Dushevina (NB 18.00hrs)
6. ATP: Youzhny/Zverev vs. Huss/Hutchins

Win or loose we should be able to see CW on the stream

C. W. Fields
Oct 8th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Blog update on her website:

Japan Open / Kremlin Cup
Hi everybody,

I’m writing to you from Moscow. As I wrote last time I was in the final where I had to play against Kanepi from Estonia. I had never played her before but I knew she had a big serve and some hard groundstrokes. I won the match and my third WTA singles tournament this year. I won 6-2 3-6 6-1 in a match where I played well in the first and third set. In the second set Kanepi served very well and played some very good tennis. I was very happy after the match and it was a great feeling winning 3 out of 3 finals this year/career.

When I was done doing the official interviews and so on I went back to the hotel to pack my things so I was ready to travel to Moscow the next morning. The travel from Tokyo to Moscow was a bit harsh on me and I got a little cold and a sore throat.
I played against Chakvetadze from Russia today and I got a bad start and lost the 1.set 6-2 and was behind 1-0 (break) in the 2.set. But I found my game from Japan and won the 2.set with 6-1 and was up 2-0 in the 3.set. But Chakvetadze fought her way back in the set and was up 3-2 before I came back in the set and won 6-4. It was a very hard match and I’m very happy that I won in the end. During the match I got a little strain in the back of my thigh.

I hope that I’m going to be ready for the match tomorrow against Petrova from Russia. She is in very good shape lately and was in the Final in Stuttgart last week. It’s will be a very hard match but I will do my best and I hope it’s good enough to win:) I’m set to play first match at 11 AM our time and 9 AM CET.

Thank you for your support and your comments on my blog.

Best wishes

Caroline Wozniacki

sunsfuns
Oct 8th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Win or loose we should be able to see CW on the stream

:fiery::fiery::fiery:

So early again...

tonyb
Oct 8th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Thanks to TBE for the stats

RANKS FOR 13 OCT 2008
2007 Pts off: WTA Moscow + Bangkok & ITF's Tours + San Francisco
LAST UPDATE: 08 Oct 21:00 UK

This how it looks tonight.
13 Daniela Hantuchova..60 1670
14 Nadia Petrova...........60 1648
15 Caroline Wozniacki....60 1598
16 Marion Bartoli..............1 1570
17 Flavia Pennetta.........60 1430

With a win over Petrova tomorrow, it will be interesting, the extra 50 wil make them tie and they both have played 21 tournements.
What do the rules say.
Even if CW looses tomorrow Pennetta will have to get to the final to overtake her, soooo maybe next week CW is #15.!!!:D:D

sunsfuns
Oct 9th, 2008, 01:32 AM
With a win over Petrova tomorrow, it will be interesting, the extra 50 wil make them tie and they both have played 21 tournements.
What do the rules say.
Even if CW looses tomorrow Pennetta will have to get to the final to overtake her, soooo maybe next week CW is #15.!!!:D:D

Total number of points earned in GS + tier I tournaments is the first tiebreaker (not # of tournaments played) and in that category Nadia is well ahead of Caro.