PDA

View Full Version : Moving Junior Results Threads to the Junior Forums

iPatty
Sep 1st, 2008, 04:56 PM
Whichever mod did that, I was wondering if you could explain the reasoning behind that...

If you say junior results should be posted in the junior forum, I expect all ITF result threads (like the pointless ones for Dokic) to be moved to the Challenger and Future forum.

It is called General Messages for a reason, I didn't know it was just about discussing WTA results. Why don't you move all of the result threads into the tournament forum, because that would make logical sense with the first move you made.

SOA_MC
Sep 1st, 2008, 06:33 PM
It is actually quite simple.

If a meaningless thread is in GM that should be in a different forum, it is taking up space on that first page of threads that show up on our computer screens. There could be a very valuable thread that was moved to page two because one of these meaningless threads took its spot on the first page. You with me? So, if threads were always posted in the correct forum, we would have more relevant threads in GM and could possibly have less conflict.

Answered your own question

Adal
Sep 1st, 2008, 06:57 PM
Greg :weirdo:

iPatty
Sep 1st, 2008, 07:15 PM
Answered your own question

Right, but if they are moving junior result threads then why don't they move ITF result threads?

This is the first junior result thread I have ever seen moved, and they didn't move the ones about Rus from yesterday so I just don't see why that one specifically was moved and why they decided to move it?

Adal :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Adal
Sep 1st, 2008, 07:56 PM
No time for MSN, but lots of time to complain about junior thread? :rolleyes: :o :weirdo:

Slutiana
Sep 1st, 2008, 08:55 PM
Considering Rus is a WTA player first and foremost (that's what you're talking about, right?) I agree with you on this. :yeah:

ce
Sep 1st, 2008, 08:57 PM
where is your twin sister :p
:scared:

Slutiana
Sep 1st, 2008, 09:13 PM
Excuse me but don't you have a twin sister as well? :ras:

Slutati
Sep 1st, 2008, 09:31 PM
Twin sister :spit:

SOA_MC
Sep 1st, 2008, 09:38 PM

The Tati sluts always remind me of this song

gQDz1hbNh6A

ce
Sep 1st, 2008, 09:40 PM
Excuse me but don't you have a twin sister as well? :ras:

do i :tape:

ce
Sep 1st, 2008, 09:40 PM
Twin sister :spit:

o there you are :smooch:

ce
Sep 1st, 2008, 09:41 PM
tati sluts :haha: :sobbing:

Slutati
Sep 1st, 2008, 09:42 PM
People in this thread are so offensive :bigcry::sobbing: MODZ!!!!!!!!!

And Ben Daniel Smith: We're sorry, this video is no longer available. :weirdo:

SOA_MC
Sep 1st, 2008, 09:45 PM
People in this thread are so offensive :bigcry::sobbing: MODZ!!!!!!!!!

And Ben Daniel Smith: We're sorry, this video is no longer available. :weirdo:

It was ACDC - Who made who

ce
Sep 1st, 2008, 09:45 PM
please mods save me :sobbing:

Slutati
Sep 1st, 2008, 09:49 PM
It was ACDC - Who made who
Okay...:lol:

Anyway, back on topic. I think all Junior results should go to Junior forums. And please Jelena's ITF results are totally important, don't even go there :rolleyes:

OZTENNIS
Sep 1st, 2008, 10:40 PM
I think that some of the junior results (ie Muhammad and Vandeweghe's) should be posted in GM because they both played in MD of US Open

Slutiana
Sep 1st, 2008, 10:50 PM
do i :tape:
Danilo. :weirdo: :ras:

iPatty
Sep 1st, 2008, 10:57 PM
I am not sure what happened to this thread, but I assure the mods this is a serious thread that I think warrants an answer. I have no part in the spamming that took place.

Uranium
Sep 1st, 2008, 11:00 PM
I think all tennis results deserve to stay in GM for discussion:p

Kart
Sep 2nd, 2008, 06:09 PM
I am not sure what happened to this thread, but I assure the mods this is a serious thread that I think warrants an answer. I have no part in the spamming that took place.
I don't know who moved the thread. To be honest I had forgotten we had a juniors forum. Which indicates to me that it's probably under utilised and could do with some publicity.

At any rate, I'd suggest you send a PM to the forum moderator(s) and see if you can negotiate its return. I'm sure they'd be more inclined to discussion via a private medium rather than in yet another thread in this forum clamouring for an explanation that they're not obligated to give.

As for the spamming of this thread, it seems to be happening far too regularly in this forum. I'm inclined to put a firm stop to it if it happens again - particularly as Administrator James is on holiday and not here to restrain me.

I'd remind some of you that this is not a chat forum - a bit of banter is fine but repeated derailment is unacceptable. There are already plenty of forums on here for that purpose.

Yasmine
Sep 2nd, 2008, 06:20 PM
^^ I agree with Kart on the fact that this section isn't a chat section. Therefore as the threads have now been moved back, this thread has served its purpose and can be closed.