PDA

View Full Version : Which #1 can have the most LONGEVITY?

Dodoboy.
Aug 30th, 2008, 12:50 PM
So after USO we will probably have a new #1. Either Serena, Jelena, Elena or Dinara. Which one of these players can stay there the longest? With the indoor tournaments coming up and also AO through to RG possibly.

Fantasy Hero
Aug 30th, 2008, 12:55 PM
I think Dinara among those, but i think n°1 will change many times...Dinara hasn't the head to stay long time at the top, Serena hasn't the "legs", Elena is a looser (she sees red-hood's wolf in important points!) and Jelena can't stay in form so long!

Dodoboy.
Aug 30th, 2008, 12:58 PM
I don't think Serena is the type of player to get the #1 ranking and not keep it for at least a few months.

I think if Serena wins USO she will probably play one tournament before the YEC and then the YEC. And i like her chances at the AO in the odd year :)

AcesHigh
Aug 30th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I still expect whoever takes the #1 spot to only be holding it momentarily. I think at the latest, by the end of next year this will be a fight between Ana and Maria.

Serena doesn't play enough and just isnt dominating enough for teh few tournaments she plays.
Safina simply isn't #1 quality IMHO
Elena definitely isnt and isnt consistent enough
Jelena isn't #1 material either.

EDIT: I forgot to say I expect #1 to trade hands until it hands constantly until Ana and Maria finally recover from injury and Ana gets her confidence back.

Dodoboy.
IF they are fixed.

samsam4087
Elena Dementieva

ivanban
Aug 30th, 2008, 01:04 PM
I think Dinara among those, but i think n°1 will change many times...Dinara hasn't the head to stay long time at the top, Serena hasn't the "legs", Elena is a looser (she sees red-hood's wolf in important points!) and Jelena can't stay in form so long!

:lol: since when she's in form?!!! :haha:

Ballbasher
Aug 30th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Safina definetely has the best chances with just a first round in Melbourne.

goldenlox
Aug 30th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Dinara has made the finals of 6 of her last 7 tournaments.
If she stays healthy, she's going to spend a lot of time at #1.
She's 22

Dave.
Aug 30th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Jelena. She's so consistent it's frightening. She's always going to be successfully defending or adding points it will be tough for anyone to topple.

But I don't expect anyone to hold it for a hugely significant amount of time. It's so close at the top.

(sort of) off topic: Was Serena's total time at number 1 all in one big stretch?

Tenis Srbija
Aug 30th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Jelena has a good period coming her way. If she gets to NO 1 after USO, she can hold it for few months. She has little to defend indoors, and that's her chance. Although others aren't fully packed either.

Dodoboy.
Aug 30th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Safina definetely has the best chances with just a first round in Melbourne.

That's interesting. Anyone with more numbers.

Who will have the biggest gap on the rest if they win the USO?

I am guessing Jelena will have the least biggest gap.

Hashim.
Aug 30th, 2008, 01:22 PM
if i remember correctly JJ did not win a match last year after Beijing so she has not much to defend after that i think:unsure:

Shvedbarilescu
Aug 30th, 2008, 01:24 PM
If Safina gets to number 1 anytime this year she will hold on to that spot almost certainly until at least Berlin next year. The reason? She has very few points to defend between now and Berlin next year. She is almost sure to simply add to her current point total, notably at the Australian Open. That said I'm not sure whether Safina will be able to sustain a number one ranking over the next summer when she does start to feel the pressure of defending this spring and summers points.

Honestly I don't think there is a single player in the game right now who looks like they are going to be able to break away from the pack, so from next summer onwards I expect the number 1 ranking to continue to change hands quite frequently.

Dinayer
Aug 30th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Hopefully Dinara :)

Dodoboy.
Aug 30th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Please Venus just lay down and let Serena win :sobbing: