PDA

View Full Version : Feet Shredding

drake3781
Aug 30th, 2008, 04:40 AM
This started happening before I was palying a lot of tennis - it started happening when I was working out in the pool with the rough bottom and walls, and probably from walking in bare feet a lot. But it is also happening from all the tennis I play (about ten hours per week). I have little pieces of skin shredding on the bottoms of my feet, and even though each piece is very little, the tear goes very deep and it hurts whenever the skin piece gets pulled. These are on the balls of my feet and on my heels.

It's sort of a cumulative problem - the skin never really grows back smoothly around the little shreds, so they keep happening. And they happen in more places, so the affected area is getting to be a bigger part of each foot sole.

Some people I played with last week showed me their hands which are all shredded up, and one of them puts "IV Tape" on his hands to help with that.

What's up with this? Is it common/normal? How do people stop it? How do people cope with it until it can be stopped?

ArturoAce.
Sep 1st, 2008, 03:22 AM
i think maybe when you play tennis, you should use a goldbond or some sort or powder to absorb the moisture which softens your feet and causes it to shred...dont use baby powder though which makes a paste with your feet.....

and also maybe get a tighter shoe..to prevent your feet from sliding in your shoe and causing a grinding motion...

on my hands, i just but a band aid, because my thumb skin shreds and it starts to sting...

if not...
just keep letting it shred and eventually it will callus and roughen up your foot and then it will stop hopefully

tennisbuddy12
Sep 1st, 2008, 06:07 AM
i dont know if this is the same problem

at the balls of my feet there is a line of broken skin and i rip it off it hurts and bleeds and if i dont, it sometimes hurts...ive covered it with a few band aids then some medical tape and it was okay but i dont want to cut it off with scissors ot nail clippers or rip it off....

drake3781
Sep 2nd, 2008, 07:32 AM
i think maybe when you play tennis, you should use a goldbond or some sort or powder to absorb the moisture which softens your feet and causes it to shred...dont use baby powder though which makes a paste with your feet.....

and also maybe get a tighter shoe..to prevent your feet from sliding in your shoe and causing a grinding motion...

on my hands, i just but a band aid, because my thumb skin shreds and it starts to sting...

if not...
just keep letting it shred and eventually it will callus and roughen up your foot and then it will stop hopefully

Hm, maybe I'll try the Gold Bond.

drake3781
Sep 2nd, 2008, 07:33 AM
i dont know if this is the same problem

at the balls of my feet there is a line of broken skin and i rip it off it hurts and bleeds and if i dont, it sometimes hurts...ive covered it with a few band aids then some medical tape and it was okay but i dont want to cut it off with scissors ot nail clippers or rip it off....

Picture?