PDA

View Full Version : ana will rise again in the land of the rising sun

Pages : 1 [2]

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 18th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Sjoerd,you're being overly simplistic;EVERYONE can see that Ana's mental game is sub-standard.It's not just fans in Tennis Forum,even announcers who were tennis legends are commenting on this.Is it some sort of hostile conspiracy?:rolleyes: C'mon....and how do you expect her to win matches if she doesn't even address what's hindering her?Denial is NOT a solution.The only way she can win matches now is to play Mickey Mouse Tier 4s like Tashkent...then again,Julie Coin couldn't make the main draw in Tashkent so that's no 100% guarantee,either.It almost seems as if you're taking this criticism as a personal attack on Ana instead of hopeful suggestions from fans who REALLY want to see her bounce back.There's NOTHING wrong with being intensely loyal but pretending that the 5 ton elephant isn't in the room WON'T make it disappear...that's an old gringo metaphor I learned so I hope it translated well:lol: VAMOS,ANA!!:bounce:

When things are going good you don't think about it, but just keeps it going. When it goes bad you just look at anything just to get an answer. It just looks that Ana is starting to doubt about herself.
It's a matter of finding herself again. The less you think the better it mostly goes. Ana and her team will find the land again. Of course mistakes are made but now you have to know how to deal with it.
Looking at the big elephant only reminds you how it got so far.
Learning from the good things is just as important as from the bad things. You take it match by match if you want to win a GS not looking too much forward. The same you should do with with the bad times.
Yes, you have an injury so it's bad that you can't play. Of course you want to play soon, but time should be your friend.
Now you want to win so badly just to get this big elephant out. It's not there all of a sudden, so it won't be gone fast as well. When the little elephant started growing it was already wrong, just look at that instead of the problems with the big elephant. The big elephant won't hurt you as long as you really believe in it. When you fear it, it gets you!

Now this is maybe hard to follow, but I hope you can at least understand something of this view.

jonnyroyale_13
Sep 18th, 2008, 07:34 PM
I saw from mid 1st set to the 4th game of the 3rd then had to go to work. Looks like she won another game after i left. Even the set she won wasnt so great. Pretty much a carbon copy of the Paszek match, but without the thumb issue. Everything just seemed so rushed, she never really looked like she was trying to penetrate deep and set up, just trying to get the points over with before there was any good shots to make. She threw her racket down on the ground after being broken to start the 3rd. I dont know how much the racket mattered.
Shes in a slump, but we gotta be patient. I was surprised it was indoors. I coulve sworn i read that it was outdoor now.

jelenacg
Sep 18th, 2008, 07:44 PM
She threw her racket down on the ground after being broken to start the 3rd:):)
I never saw her doing that i like it:worship::devil::worship:
Ivanovic Fan-i understood what you wanted to say

Nikkiri
Sep 18th, 2008, 07:48 PM
They played indoor because of the rain.

bruce goose
Sep 18th, 2008, 07:54 PM
When things are going good you don't think about it, but just keeps it going. When it goes bad you just look at anything just to get an answer. It just looks that Ana is starting to doubt about herself.
It's a matter of finding herself again. The less you think the better it mostly goes. Ana and her team will find the land again. Of course mistakes are made but now you have to know how to deal with it.
Looking at the big elephant only reminds you how it got so far.
Learning from the good things is just as important as from the bad things. You take it match by match if you want to win a GS not looking too much forward. The same you should do with with the bad times.
Yes, you have an injury so it's bad that you can't play. Of course you want to play soon, but time should be your friend.
Now you want to win so badly just to get this big elephant out. It's not there all of a sudden, so it won't be gone fast as well. When the little elephant started growing it was already wrong, just look at that instead of the problems with the big elephant. The big elephant won't hurt you as long as you really believe in it. When you fear it, it gets you!

Now this is maybe hard to follow, but I hope you can at least understand something of this view.Your explanation was plenty clear enough due to your high-level English skill,but your solution is terribly naive.So you recommend that Ana do absolutely NOTHING corrective and just hope that the problem goes away?That just doesn't cut it,Sjoerd.Earlier,you thought that she'd do better when she wasn't #1 anymore,and you were wrong about that,too.I don't want you to think that I'm attacking you personally,but you come up with a new rationalization everytime the previous one--'She'll do better when she's not defending the #1 ranking'--doesn't work.

I admire your devotion to Ana but you don't need to prove it by denying that she has a problem---especially when the solution isn't as daunting as you might believe.What's so bad about having a counsellor to boost Ana's confidence?If I'm reading you right,you're saying that self-doubt is the biggest obstacle.So why not find someone with EXPERIENCE in this area?It's not that I won't listen to your input,Sjoerd,yet I don't know of ANY tennis insiders who agree with you that no problem exists in Ana's mental game.Better to face it head-on than to postpone the inevitable while her losses mount.NONE of us enjoy seeing :hearts:Ana:hearts: cry

jonnyroyale_13
Sep 18th, 2008, 07:57 PM
She threw her racket down on the ground after being broken to start the 3rd:):)
I never saw her doing that i like it:worship::devil::worship:

:lol:well, dont get too excited, its not like your imagining. If Serena had done it the way Ana did it, people would probably think it just fell out of her hand.:o But she did it similar to today in the past, so it wasnt an accident. If Ana doesnt abuse a racket now, i think its safe she never will.:p

jelenacg
Sep 18th, 2008, 08:11 PM
I know she will never do it the way Serena does it but still:worship::devil::worship:
I like when players do that,not all the time of course

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 18th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Your explanation was plenty clear enough due to your high-level English skill,but your solution is terribly naive.So you recommend that Ana do absolutely NOTHING corrective and just hope that the problem goes away?That just doesn't cut it,Sjoerd.Earlier,you thought that she'd do better when she wasn't #1 anymore,and you were wrong about that,too.I don't want you to think that I'm attacking you personally,but you come up with a new rationalization everytime the previous one--'She'll do better when she's not defending the #1 ranking'--doesn't work.

I admire your devotion to Ana but you don't need to prove it by denying that she has a problem---especially when the solution isn't as daunting as you might believe.What's so bad about having a counsellor to boost Ana's confidence?If I'm reading you right,you're saying that self-doubt is the biggest obstacle.So why not find someone with EXPERIENCE in this area?It's not that I won't listen to your input,Sjoerd,yet I don't know of ANY tennis insiders who agree with you that no problem exists in Ana's mental game.Better to face it head-on than to postpone the inevitable while her losses mount.NONE of us enjoy seeing :hearts:Ana:hearts: cry

I'm not saying she has no problem. It's just, now when it goes bad everyone comes with solutions. She has to do this or that.
If there's a problem then it's not just cause of now. It was there before when the elephant was still little.
But calling like this and that and try to change as much things.
If she wins Beijing it won't say everything is ok either.
So I assume Ana is already working on it, would be weird if she wasn't.
I still don't know when she wins 3 sets matches when winning set 1, but mostly lose 3 sets matches when losing set 1.

Say I'm certainly not saying Ana should do nothing.
Ana will get out of this with or without mental help.
I'm more afraid if she can avoid the problem in the future.

bruce goose
Sep 18th, 2008, 08:36 PM
I'm not saying she has no problem. It's just, now when it goes bad everyone comes with solutions. She has to do this or that.
If there's a problem then it's not just cause of now. It was there before when the elephant was still little.
But calling like this and that and try to change as much things.
If she wins Beijing it won't say everything is ok either.
So I assume Ana is already working on it, would be weird if she wasn't.
I still don't know when she wins 3 sets matches when winning set 1, but mostly lose 3 sets matches when losing set 1.

Say I'm certainly not saying Ana should do nothing.
Ana will get out of this with or without mental help.
I'm more afraid if she can avoid the problem in the future.Well now it looks like we're closer on this than I originally thought.I definitely agree with you that everyone's on the bandwagon when things are going great...and then everyone's an expert with advice when it's NOT great.Of course she can't let too many variant suggestions clutter her head or that'd be even worse.

Lord knows I'm no expert but Ana's situation reminds me EXACTLY of Navratilova's when she was young....I'm just the only one here who's SOOO old that they can remember those pre-historic times:help: The striking similarities with these situations make me believe that the solution is the same.Precisely as you said,I'm not interested in a quick fix;I want Ana to learn how to avoid these prolonged lulls in the future.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 18th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Well now it looks like we're closer on this than I originally thought.I definitely agree with you that everyone's on the bandwagon when things are going great...and then everyone's an expert with advice when it's NOT great.Of course she can't let too many variant suggestions clutter her head or that'd be even worse.

Lord knows I'm no expert but Ana's situation reminds me EXACTLY of Navratilova's when she was young....I'm just the only one here who's SOOO old that they can remember those pre-historic times:help: The striking similarities with these situations make me believe that the solution is the same.Precisely as you said,I'm not interested in a quick fix;I want Ana to learn how to avoid these prolonged lulls in the future.

Even if Ana can solve it, then still we might if not know what the problem is or when it's really solved.
Of course you can do a lot with observation, but then again some things are not always what it seems.
It's right her concentration is not always 100%, but why?
I think we're not the ones to find solutions, but I can't say you're not allowed to discuss it.
The best thing you mostly can do as fan is support at the hard times.
Not like better luck next time, cause that sounds so careless to me.

The Daviator
Sep 18th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I don't get how she is having great spells within matches but always losing? And what is up with always winning the 2nd set? :lol:

Well, the solution is to just play through the bad patch IMO, she's still got 4 tournaments left this season so plenty more chances to have one (two?) more great moment in 2008, I know she's working hard so the results should come.

gaviotabr
Sep 18th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Some more random thoughts..

I think this whole thing about searching for answers is also because she seems to be playing the same match over and over again. This match against Petrova seemed a carbon copy of the match agains Paszek and very similar to the match against Coin. And the match against Dushevina was also very much alike the match against Kvitova. So the question is: If she keeps making the same mistakes, are they actually working on solutions? I sometimes get the feeling they are simply making excuses.. first the thumb, then lack of practice... there are matches that she could stay a year without playing and still should find a way to win. And I feel that by making these excuses, they are not working in the right solutions, just on temporary ones.. like train hard to get rythm. She may go back to winning with that, but these problems will probably return, cause that's not the cause. If it was only that she wouldn't even be able to dominate a set.. she has the game, she needs the head to go along.

I agree with Ivanovic Fan! in one thing tough.. through the good and the bad, I'll stick by Ana.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 18th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Some more random thoughts..

I think this whole thing about searching for answers is also because she seems to be playing the same match over and over again. This match against Petrova seemed a carbon copy of the match agains Paszek and very similar to the match against Coin. And the match against Dushevina was also very much alike the match against Kvitova. So the question is: If she keeps making the same mistakes, are they actually working on solutions? I sometimes get the feeling they are simply making excuses.. first the thumb, then lack of practice... there are matches that she could stay a year without playing and still should find a way to win. And I feel that by making these excuses, they are not working in the right solutions, just on temporary ones.. like train hard to get rythm. She may go back to winning with that, but these problems will probably return, cause that's not the cause. If it was only that she wouldn't even be able to dominate a set.. she has the game, she needs the head to go along.

I agree with Ivanovic Fan! in one thing tough.. through the good and the bad, I'll stick by Ana.

Then it looks like Ana just doesn't have an answer now. Otherwise it wouldn't be so bad. Then again, how can Ana play so bad in Rome and win Roland Garros? You must be pretty to know the answer for this.
I don't think Sven and Scott is nothing to blame whatever they say.
Ana is fit and Sven is doing the technical stuff.
I better say that I just don't know what is going on instead of guessing which is based on nothing.

gaviotabr
Sep 19th, 2008, 05:23 AM
Then it looks like Ana just doesn't have an answer now. Otherwise it wouldn't be so bad. Then again, how can Ana play so bad in Rome and win Roland Garros? You must be pretty to know the answer for this.
I don't think Sven and Scott is nothing to blame whatever they say.
Ana is fit and Sven is doing the technical stuff.
I better say that I just don't know what is going on instead of guessing which is based on nothing.

Look... we are just especulating, of course.. Ana is the only one who know what's going on in her head. But it doesn't harm anyone talking here about our impresions... You make it sound like it's some kind of insult to think that Ana needs to work on her mental game.

The RG thing.. I never saw Ana so focused, so concentrated in a tournament, than she was in Roland Garros. She was merciless, just wouldn't go away, fighting for each and every point, didn't matter if she had just made an unforced error or served a double fault. She would leave it behind faster than a F1, and be ready to the next point. For ME, that's the main reason she won. In Berlin she was nervous as hell, being the defending champion. And Ana herlsef has admitted that she was freaking out about the possibility of becoming number one during the match against Pironkova and could barely focus on what she had to do on court, as she had just listened about Justine's retirement.

Sven and Scott are great... I think Sven is a great tennis coach, and Scott has clearly done wonders for Ana's fitness. And she is fit. But that is not enough.. she needs the motivation, the focus, the mental game that is clearly missing.. it's out there for anyone to see.. even before all of this. She never could string two good performances together, and I believe this was the litle Elephant. Now we have a Big Elephant, so maybe it's time to seek help, so she can say goodbye to the Elephant for good, not only make it shrink.

Before I go to bad, some more random thoughts..

I was thinking.. When I used to play soccer in school, and we would face a maybe better team, we would just do our best, play free, and sometimes we would go out with a win. There were other moments tough, when our best player wasn't playing or when we weren't practicing enough, that we tried to take the pressure off, thinking that we didn't have the obligation to win.. because of these excuses. But instead of taking the pressure off, as was intended, we would actually destroy our self belief, our confidence that we could win. So at any error, we would get down on ourselves, which led to more errors. MAYBE this could be happening to Ana.. not so much the pressure of rankings, but the trying to hard to take the pressure off, leading to lack of belief. Sometimes she seems so tentative out there.. like she doesn't believe she can win.

Moving on.. who is tired of the "I'm just happy I could play pain free." line? That's like the third presser in one month that she says the same thing. More ambition should help..

The only other time in Ana's career that she went 4-4 in 4 tournaments was in 2006, right after winning Montreal in dominant fashion. That was Ana's first Tier I, and was Ana's biggest title at that moment. Now it happens again after her biggest title, her first Grand Slam. Does Ana need all that time to let things seek in?

As you can see I like especulating.. sharing opinions.. It's not like Ana is going to read me.. and I'm not harming anyone..

bruce goose
Sep 19th, 2008, 05:59 AM
Being an Ana fan has finally let me relate to people,SOMEWHAT,who worship rock stars.If Ana were like Kournikova or Graf or various other less-than-lovable personalities,then I don't think we'd care so much.There's just some special sweetness to her that makes her stand out even from most other tennis beauties.She has an exciting style of play that draws you in,and she amazes us that such an unforgettably-gorgeous gal could be so humble:angel:

We KNOW she's unique in combining skill and beauty,and her rare likability makes us want to see her shine always.Maybe we DO obsess a tad much over her wins and losses---but she's so EASY to obsess over.;):) Though I LOVE team sports,I can't recall ANY achievement in the last 5 years that I enjoyed as much as Ana's RG except for Dementieva's Gold Medal(which she needed for her legacy).What better way to 'waste time' than to dream of :angel:Ana's:hearts: future success?:)

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 19th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Ana needs to work on her mental game, but that's the same for every human. But why people always telling was she has to do when it goes bad?
She has many ups and downs in matches so that must be mental, right?
The comparing to the Paszek, Coin, Petrova matches is nothing new.
Last year she had many 6-3 6-1, 6-4 6-2 and also 6-1 6-2 losses.
So there's not much new.

I remember after losing in Indian Wells early and then Miami, that some people even said so would go out of top 30.
After winning Berlin no one said one more word about it.
When she lost everything in Hong Kong, they were already blaming the racket. Now she has the worst period in her career and again people coming with things she has to do.
When she starts winning it won't mean that the problems are solved but people don't talk about it.
She rarely has 2 good tournaments in a row in her career.
Her game is improved, which means a higher ranking and the good results are better. Except for that nothing much is changed.
Ana is the problem and if she can help herself or someone else I don't know cause I don't see what it is.

And yes I'm also getting tired of the same reactions of her.
Sometimes she sounds too much of a girl.

bruce goose
Sep 19th, 2008, 06:47 AM
You ramble like a crazy man sometimes,Sjoerd:)...but I mean that in sort of a GOOD way:hatoff:

Zealisa
Sep 19th, 2008, 07:50 AM
I seriously don't understand what's going on with Anci :( She seems to have recovered after her injury, but she's still unable to find her game and her rhythm :( I hope her first opponent in Beijing will be easier than Petrova and Ana will be able to go into a tournament step by step.

jelenacg
Sep 19th, 2008, 11:34 AM
JJ lost to Kuznetsova,Elena to Katarina Srebotnik and Nadia Petrova destroyed Agnieszka Radwanska,what is happening here ????:):)
But i`m very surprised,i wasn`t expecting Nadia to beat so easily Agnieszka :eek:

gaviotabr
Sep 19th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Ana needs to work on her mental game, but that's the same for every human. But why people always telling was she has to do when it goes bad?
She has many ups and downs in matches so that must be mental, right?
The comparing to the Paszek, Coin, Petrova matches is nothing new.
Last year she had many 6-3 6-1, 6-4 6-2 and also 6-1 6-2 losses.
So there's not much new.

I think I would actually prefer a 6-2 6-1 loss right now. It would probably mean the problem is in her game, and that is much easier and faster to get fixed. But she always gets a set in dominant fashion, only to not be able to mantain her level of play. I find that more worring, especially since she seems to be playing the same match over and over again.

It might not be new.. but that is only another reason to work on it asap.

gaviotabr
Sep 19th, 2008, 12:59 PM
JJ lost to Kuznetsova,Elena to Katarina Srebotnik and Nadia Petrova destroyed Agnieszka Radwanska,what is happening here ????:):)
But i`m very surprised,i wasn`t expecting Nadia to beat so easily Agnieszka :eek:

And Kanepi taking Safina to a third set..

gaviotabr
Sep 19th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Safina-Kanepi! horrible match.. Unforced errors fest..

jelenacg
Sep 19th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Weird tournament:confused:
But i wasn`t really impressed with Safina`s game in US open ,she did make to the semifinal but she wasn`t playing good ,she made to many UE as well

DownTheLine21
Sep 19th, 2008, 01:48 PM
I don`t know what to think,but if she has an early exit in Beijing too we can say goodbye until November 4-9

Did I miss something? Is she skipping the two European indoor tournaments that she was scheduled for?

jelenacg
Sep 19th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Did I miss something? Is she skipping the two European indoor tournaments that she was scheduled for?

No,of course not i was refering to her good game

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 19th, 2008, 08:16 PM
I think I would actually prefer a 6-2 6-1 loss right now. It would probably mean the problem is in her game, and that is much easier and faster to get fixed. But she always gets a set in dominant fashion, only to not be able to mantain her level of play. I find that more worring, especially since she seems to be playing the same match over and over again.

It might not be new.. but that is only another reason to work on it asap.

I don't know what you've seen but I found nothing dominant about any set in her last 4 tournaments. I haven't watched the Petrova match but I guess it wasn't different there.
The 6-3 6-1 defeats wasn't also about tennis.
You can even say, she's taking them to a 3rd set now so it's an improvement! Not that I mean that.
I still prefer this, instead of no talent without weapons. Now we at least know that Ana can be the best. She will show it again, but of course we wonder about how the bad periods will be.

I'm almost 3,5 years a fan of Ana and still she makes me clueless.
The slump can continue the rest of the season, but won't be surprised if she wins Beijing or even YEC.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 19th, 2008, 08:17 PM

Let's hope she won't even consider that! Zurich cost me money already, so let her at least be there!

bruce goose
Sep 19th, 2008, 08:47 PM
I'm almost 3,5 years a fan of Ana and still she makes me clueless.
The slump can continue the rest of the season, but won't be surprised if she wins Beijing or even YEC.Sjoerd,I remember when you used to get angry with me because you wondered if I only liked Ana for her beauty:) I also remember how much fun it was to see your original pre-RG sig whenever you posted.You might recall how I pushed you into changing those parts "She's the future #1..." etc. when Ana actually achieved them(still brings a smile to my face).:D

I think you'll agree that the following is a logical conclusion even if we can't 100% prove it:Although she's not #1 right now,Ana looks at tennis from a different perspective than before.She WAS the young,talented teenager who was chasing her dreams without a mountain of pressure;she could focus on just playing & having fun without other distractions.NOW,#1 or not,she's EXPECTED to win and she recognizes what a strenuous battle it is to retain the top spot when you have gals like Serena,Dinara and Masha who want it just as much.Tennis isn't the carefree joy it used to be for her,and she hasn't learned to adjust yet....Nor is it automatic that she WILL...just review the history of Andrea Jaeger.:eek:

DON'T get me wrong:I believe that Ana WILL adjust eventually;her team simply needs to find the right balance.Prodding her TOO hard--which I doubt they will--would only make the pressure more unbearable and damper her enthusiasm.On the other hand,pretending that she doesn't have to work on anything would delude Ana and send her the wrong message,too.Sven and crew must find the happy medium between these two extremes.Going back to what you correctly stated,the key is to figure out LONG-term solutions that'll help Ana:angel: fortify herself internally.:)

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Sep 19th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Sjoerd,I remember when you used to get angry with me because you wondered if I only liked Ana for her beauty:) I also remember how much fun it was to see your original pre-RG sig whenever you posted.You might recall how I pushed you into changing those parts "She's the future #1..." etc. when Ana actually achieved them(still brings a smile to my face).:D

Now you mentioned it.... It all went bad when I changed my signature.
Didn't you know that you can't change a winning team?

On the other hand,pretending that she doesn't have to work on anything would delude Ana and send her the wrong message,too.Sven and crew must find the happy medium between these two extremes.Going back to what you correctly stated,the key is to figure out LONG-term solutions that'll help Ana:angel: fortify herself internally.:)

She always has to work. You can win 350+ matches like Esther Vergeer but still it's hard working to keep it up.
The long term solution. I hope it will come. Whatever it will be.
I guess Sven and Scott don't have that much influence on it.

Now just hoping for a good result in Beijing. I better can't think about rankings now, except to wish that Serena will hold her position till Ana is back in business.

jelenacg
Sep 19th, 2008, 10:48 PM
http://www.tennisweek.com/
Everybody is talking about her deal with Nike(100 millions)or Adidas(55 millions )
I don`t want to think but this can also make some pressure on her:tape:

bruce goose
Sep 19th, 2008, 10:57 PM
http://www.tennisweek.com/
Everybody is talking about her deal with Nike(100 millions)or Adidas(55 millions )
I don`t want to think but this can also make some pressure on her:tape:You MIGHT be right;perhaps Ana will speak on that aspect in the future.However,I don't think that THIS type of attention bothers her so much cuz she seems to deal well with people thanks to her charming personality:angel: I'd say it's more the expectation that she OUGHT TO win her matches.Maybe tennis is becoming more like an obligation to perform instead of being the sport she loves as it has been up 'til now....Honestly,though,who could criticize the shoe companies for giving her this?Could they find a lovelier spokeswoman than Ana:angel:?

jelenacg
Sep 19th, 2008, 11:09 PM
I would love her to sign for Nike:bounce:,more money for her:) and better outfit but i don`t want her to lose Sven
I guess we will have to wait and see

jonnyroyale_13
Sep 20th, 2008, 03:21 AM
There are plenty of reasons to believe Ana will turn it around next week in Beijing..

Just trust me on that one, okay.:unsure:;)

dybbuk
Sep 20th, 2008, 05:10 AM
I do agree with you Jonny. I think she's going to get her form back before the end of the year. It's like doomsday at times in this forum now. :lol:

bruce goose
Sep 20th, 2008, 05:28 AM
There are plenty of reasons to believe Ana will turn it around next week in Beijing..

Just trust me on that one, okay.:unsure:;)Your welcome to share those reasons for confidence anytime you're ready.;)If I remember right,your previous three were: 1.She'll bounce back from the injury when she's healthy 2.She won't have the #1 pressure anymore and 3.She'll get some more match play....and all 3 of those worked out SOOOO well:lol:

Seriously,though,I hope to heck you're right because this losing streak seems almost surreal.Worst case scenario,she'll eventually get angry with herself and that motivation will push her past her insecurities and get her some key,confidence-building wins.......I hope:unsure::wavey:

j0ns
Sep 20th, 2008, 05:34 AM
It's probs spam but I had to make sure my first post on this board was in an Ana thread. :D

gaviotabr
Sep 20th, 2008, 11:37 AM
There are plenty of reasons to believe Ana will turn it around next week in Beijing...

Just trust me on that one, okay.:unsure:;)

I really hope you're right!

From VECERNJE NOVOSTI

ANA RAZMIŠLJA O POVEĆANJU BROJA TURNIRA
ŽELJNA SAM IGRE

NIJE svanulo ni u Zemlji izlazećeg sunca. Jedini način da Ana Ivanović dođe do drugog kola nekog turnira u poslednje vreme je da - bude slobodna u prvom. Poraz srpske teniserke od Nađe Petrove već na startu turnira u Tokiju izdao je potvrdu o agoniji, ali naša igračica zna uzroke očajnih partija.
- Nedostaju mi mečevi, razmišljam čak i da povećam broj turnira do kraja godine. Od Rolan Garosa sam odigrala samo pet, šest i očigledno da mi je potrebno vreme da se vratim u staru formu - nekoliko nedelja pauze zbog povrede palca i dalje zadaju problema Ivanovićevoj. - Verovatno je trebalo da preskočim Montreal, ali mislila sam da je sve u najboljem redu i želela sam što pre da zaigram.
Ta jedna greška bila je veća od svih onih neiznuđenih na terenu.
- Posle sam bezuspešno pokušavala da se vratim, ali sve me je stiglo, najpre na Olimpijskim igrama, potom i u Njujorku. Ipak, protekle tri nedelje sam naporno radila i zato sam tužna što nisam uspela da vežem bar dve, tri pobede u Tokiju - istakla je treća teniserka planete, koja ima priliku za popravni u Pekingu. - Radujem se što ću zaigrati u kineskoj prestonici i što imam priliku da se odužim publici za otkazivanje na igrama. Verujem da ću konačno zaigrati onako kako umem.

ANA IS THINKING TO PLAY MORE TOURNAMENTS:
I WANT TO PLAY

The sun didn’t come up for her even in the country of the rising sun. The only way for Ana Ivanovic to reach the second round of some tournament is to have a bye in the first one. The loss against Nadia Petrova proved that there is an agony around Ana, but our player knows the reasons for her bad play.
- “I haven’t played much. I even think to play more tournaments until the end of the year. Since Roland Garros I have played 5, 6 matches and it is more than evident that I need time to come back into my old form.” – A few weeks off because of her thumb injury continue to give problems to Ana. – “I should have skipped Montreal, but I thought that everything was OK and I wanted to play.”
That mistake was bigger than all the unforced errors on court.
- “After that I tried to come back, but without success. Everything came after me, on the Olympics in New York… But the last three weeks I have been working hard and I am sad that I did not manage to win two or three matches in Tokyo,” said the No.3, who has a chance to improve in Beijing. – “I am happy that I’ll be able to play in the capital of China and that I’ll have a chance to make it up to the audience for the withdrawal from the Olympics. I believe that I will finally play the way I know.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Maja12, from Ana's official forum. It's interesting to see that she is thinking about playing more tournaments.

jelenacg
Sep 20th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Did anybody see the match Safina vs Petrova
I couldn`t believe when i saw the score 6-1 6-0:eek::eek:

PersephoneDisco
Sep 20th, 2008, 04:47 PM
It should have 6-0 6-0, safina didnt break her serve cos Nadia's her compatriot and it was an embarrasing defeat for nadia.

bruce goose
Sep 20th, 2008, 04:55 PM
It should have 6-0 6-0, safina didnt break her serve cos Nadia's her compatriot and it was an embarrasing defeat for nadia.What's MORE noteworthy was Dinara's previous match when she WASN'T playing well(she looks SOOO pretty in pink,btw:hearts:).She made a ton of UEs against a dangerous,former Top 35 opponent in Kanepi...and yet she pulled it out despite losing a disheartening tie-breaker in the 2nd set.Dinara's on-court improvement in mental toughness is VISIBLE,and Ana:angel: is capable of making similar steps.

gaviotabr
Sep 20th, 2008, 05:09 PM
What's MORE noteworthy was Dinara's previous match when she WASN'T playing well(she looks SOOO pretty in pink,btw:hearts:).She made a ton of UEs against a dangerous,former Top 35 opponent in Kanepi...and yet she pulled it out despite losing a disheartening tie-breaker in the 2nd set.Dinara's on-court improvement in mental toughness is VISIBLE,and Ana:angel: is capable of making similar steps.

I agree with you. I don't see great improvements in her game, she has always been talented. But her focus is greatly improved. She still has moments of anger in court, when she gets frustrated, like in the US Semi. But she has been overall extremely focused. I read an interview with her coach and he said that he had great expectations in every match she plays, and that she should have too, since that makes her believe she can win. I found that interesting.. many coaches try to take pressure off by not putting too many expectations in play, he does the opposite, which seems to have done wonders for Safina.

Maybe his logic is that if she doesn't have the expectation that she will win, if she makes some mistakes, she will already get down on herself and lack belief... thinking "oh no.. I can't win".

PersephoneDisco
Sep 20th, 2008, 08:40 PM
What's MORE noteworthy was Dinara's previous match when she WASN'T playing well(she looks SOOO pretty in pink,btw:hearts:).She made a ton of UEs against a dangerous,former Top 35 opponent in Kanepi...and yet she pulled it out despite losing a disheartening tie-breaker in the 2nd set.Dinara's on-court improvement in mental toughness is VISIBLE,and Ana:angel: is capable of making similar steps.

I feel like Safina knew all along her potential to be one of the best but she couldn't show it and display it in her game and win match after match and that REALLY frustrated her and made her the :fiery:player that she was. Now with her new coach who seems to completely understand her and crack the 'safina code' he is psychologically making her tennis and her arsenal of shots and desire to win connect, if safina has a tantrum krajan will diffuse the situation by telling her its futile its not gonna make her win and then she realises duh!