PDA

View Full Version : Problems loading the board.

Adal
Aug 29th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Most of the times, only the top banner loads, but not threads themselves.

Nikkiri
Aug 29th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Having the same problem.

penkku
Aug 29th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Same here :sad: , loaded Adobe reader 7.1.0 and now seems to work better :help: NOT

Adal
Aug 29th, 2008, 07:53 AM
I've tried on both Firefox and IE, the problem remains.
For some time the board will work fine, then it won't load again.

Effy
Aug 29th, 2008, 07:57 AM
try using Opera, works great ;)

penkku
Aug 29th, 2008, 07:58 AM
NoScript is the answer if you are using Mozilla Firefox, so far it has helped :)

Try this link:
http://noscript.net/?ver=1.7.9&prev=

Dave.
Aug 29th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Same problem. I had to click this link like 7 times before the posts appeared.

Lefty.
Aug 29th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Fine on Opera, but not on Firefox/IE. :lol:

Adal
Aug 29th, 2008, 08:24 AM
NoScript is the answer if you are using Mozilla Firefox, so far it has helped :)

Try this link:

Installed it, seems to work better now.

.:sk:.
Aug 29th, 2008, 08:45 AM

Try this link:

I had the same problem this morning :( Thanks for the link! Now it works fine on FF. It seems Tennisforum works faster than ever with noscript :eek:

Droolv
Aug 29th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Finally they got loaded after 40 mintues :lol:

Adal
Aug 29th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Works without the script now ;)

So Disrespectful
Aug 29th, 2008, 09:35 AM
I'm still having problems. Can we please remove the offending scripts? :)

Slutiana
Aug 29th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Oh look, it worked for me for once. :rolls:

Just Do It
Aug 29th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Same here. I am using IE.

Slutiana
Aug 29th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Yeah, so am I, and im not gonna waste time and megabytes downloading a new browser. :o

Yasmine
Aug 29th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Everybody is experiencing those problems, so that is nothing to do with individual accounts. (I'll point it out to the tech staff, to make sure they have the info)

Just as a reminder as i've discussed it with some people recently, do not open another account on the board when yours doesn't let you log in. Just be a little patient with it.
The policy on this is strict: no multiple accounts are allowed. Those (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=308934) are worth a read.

Rix643
Aug 29th, 2008, 11:43 AM
As I said in the Bug Reports thread, I believe the problem is in the aceUAC.js script from uac.advertising.com.

After disabling access to this URL in my local DNS-translation table I got rid of this problem. Usually the page loads immediately now, or after at most one refresh.
You can achieve this for IE 6.0/7.0 by modifying the 'Hosts' file in the Windows/system32/drivers/etc directory (Win XP).
Just add the line '127.0.0.1 uac.advertising.com' at the end of the file, save it and restart IE. Now you won't be as much bothered by this problem.

Disabling scripting also works.

Malva
Aug 29th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Most of the times, only the top banner loads, but not threads themselves.

Exactly the same problem. Never experienced it before.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT QUICK! THE BOARD IS BROKEN.

My Firefox 3.0 (with no Flash installed) is even worse than the Explorer. I prefer using Firefox

Malva
Aug 29th, 2008, 11:52 AM

Try this link:

Unfortunately, this is just a temporary workaround. The problem is some buggy java-script running on the TennisFroum server, I suppose. This must be fixed in the first place. As soon as possible!

patch.
Aug 29th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Ive had the same problems today with IE

ce
Aug 29th, 2008, 12:36 PM
SAME HERE
SO ANNOYING :rolleyes:

FORZA SARITA
Aug 29th, 2008, 01:07 PM
plz do something

Rix643
Aug 29th, 2008, 01:13 PM
No problems whatsoever..........(using IE 7)

ce
Aug 29th, 2008, 01:20 PM
i am, using opera now and it works

rvugt
Aug 29th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Problems here too! Please fix it as soon as possible, or at least let us know here that something is done on the subject. I have worked my around the problem, but it's still annoying as all kinds of other functions are not working properly! Please, help us who are addicted to the forum!

gumoll
Aug 29th, 2008, 02:05 PM
:mad:

Uranium
Aug 29th, 2008, 02:06 PM
There are periods where it works fine for a few minutes and then it just stops and stays as only the banner:fiery:

Boreas
Aug 29th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Problems here too! Please fix it as soon as possible, or at least let us know here that something is done on the subject. I have worked my around the problem, but it's still annoying as all kinds of other functions are not working properly! Please, help us who are addicted to the forum!

Than you would need a different way of help:lol::p

rvugt
Aug 29th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Than you would need a different way of help:lol::p

No, I don't :D! Namely, when I put on the functions I switched off, it works perfectly fine again. Although still the pages don't load!

Rix643
Aug 29th, 2008, 02:13 PM
No, I don't :D! Namely, when I put on the functions I switched off, it works perfectly fine again. Although still the pages don't load!

Did you switch off scripting? Better to switch off access to uac.advertising.com. They are causing the problem....

rvugt
Aug 29th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Did you switch off scripting? Better to switch off access to uac.advertising.com. They are causing the problem....

Yes, i did switch of scripting! How do I switch off uac.advertising.com? in the same way as scripting of the sites??

Edit: Indeed the same way! Thank you for your help!

Rix643
Aug 29th, 2008, 03:19 PM
For those who use IE there is an easier way around it instead of editing the DNS-table. Select in the menu: Extra/Internet options/Security and add uac.advertising. com to the site list with limited access. This will also turn off their scripts.

I don't know if Firefox has this option to switch off java-scripting per site, but editing the DNS-table seems to work for Firefox as well.

Edit: Editing the Hosts-file doesn't work for Firefox

spiritedenergy
Aug 29th, 2008, 03:24 PM
WTA/TENNIS/WHATEVER FORUM: :weirdo:

Elisse
Aug 29th, 2008, 03:43 PM
I've got the same problems too :sad: Sometimes it works and another times not!! :help: (Using Safari and Firefox)

Rix643
Aug 29th, 2008, 03:55 PM
For Firefox users:

use the NoScript-addon (http://noscript.net/features) to switch off scripting at uac.advertising.com

eck
Aug 29th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Works :yeah:

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 29th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Same problems here, but i'll read back up the thread and see if any of the possible solutions work :cool::bounce:

Cat's Pajamas
Aug 29th, 2008, 04:22 PM
:sad: :mad:

What about Safari users? :o
Maybe I should download FF on my Mac. :shrug:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 29th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Doesn't work for me while using Firefox/IE. I had to download Opera :o

Rix643
Aug 29th, 2008, 05:05 PM
:sad: :mad:

What about Safari users? :o
Maybe I should download FF on my Mac. :shrug:

I don't own a Mac, but I searched a bit on the net, and it seems that with PithHelmet (http://www.culater.net/software/PithHelmet/PithHelmet.php) you can block scripting per site.

Elisse
Aug 29th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Board works fine on Firefox and Opera but still not working on Safari :help: Surely though, if the board was working fine for all of us before, then it's the board admins/technical staff who should be doing something about removing/changing the ad scripting and solving the problem....without everyone on the board having to change their browser in any way :o :tape:

Martian Jeza
Aug 29th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Just use Opera, it works fine :)

truebluefan
Aug 29th, 2008, 05:32 PM
It is an ad issues since last night. VS is aware and the issue should be resolved soon.

Elwin.
Aug 29th, 2008, 06:02 PM
i have the exact same :sad:

quasar-x
Aug 29th, 2008, 06:05 PM
As I said in the Bug Reports thread, I believe the problem is in the aceUAC.js script from uac.advertising.com.

After disabling access to this URL in my local DNS-translation table I got rid of this problem. Usually the page loads immediately now, or after at most one refresh.
You can achieve this for IE 6.0/7.0 by modifying the 'Hosts' file in the Windows/system32/drivers/etc directory (Win XP).
Just add the line '127.0.0.1 uac.advertising.com' at the end of the file, save it and restart IE. Now you won't be as much bothered by this problem.

Disabling scripting also works.

Well spot! :yeah:
Editing the hosts file worked great for me..the problem's gotta be uac.

-sugi-
Aug 29th, 2008, 06:06 PM
For those who use IE there is an easier way around it instead of editing the DNS-table. Select in the menu: Extra/Internet options/Security and add uac.advertising. com to the site list with limited access. This will also turn off their scripts.

I don't know if Firefox has this option to switch off java-scripting per site, but editing the DNS-table seems to work for Firefox as well.

Edit: Editing the Hosts-file doesn't work for Firefox

Thanks, since I did that it works perfectly now. :D

truebluefan
Aug 29th, 2008, 07:10 PM
I am now using safari and so far it works for me.

I had issues with IE, FF3, and Safari.

Slutiana
Aug 29th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Its working for me now. Touch wood it will continue and I didn't just jinx it. :o

heart
Aug 29th, 2008, 09:00 PM
still not working here//i'll try some of the suggestions..
i also cant post in the mini post box below :awww: when i scroll down only the latest post will be the end :awww: so i have to quote someone else's post to post this message and so are my other posts :o

Slumpsova
Aug 29th, 2008, 09:05 PM
this is so annoying :o
i came to this board every freaking hours and only 3 times i can read anything :rolleyes:

heart
Aug 29th, 2008, 09:10 PM
thanks opera! :worship:

The Daviator
Aug 29th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Still not working :o

Slutiana
Aug 29th, 2008, 09:15 PM
yeah, it's not working again. LOL. Oh well.

Slutiana
Aug 29th, 2008, 09:17 PM
this is so annoying :o
i came to this board every freaking hours and only 3 times i can read anything :rolleyes:
You can read? :speakles:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Aug 29th, 2008, 09:21 PM
I can't load some pages :mad:

hablo
Aug 29th, 2008, 09:34 PM
I really recommend using Opera for now.

Dawn Marie
Aug 29th, 2008, 09:42 PM
same problem. Pplease fix this problem asap.:help:

Malva
Aug 29th, 2008, 09:49 PM
The issue hasn't been resolved yet. Just moments ago Firefox was erratically loading or not, most of the time NOT, TennisForum pages.

I had to install the NoScript add-on. This is so annoying. Whose responsibility is to check that the advertisers' scripts are compatible with the forum engine? The forum has been crippled for something like 15 hours now. Hundreds of members are experiencing difficulties, wasting time, cursing, ...

TheFifthAvocado
Aug 29th, 2008, 10:04 PM
:bigclap: Safari :bigclap:

Malva
Aug 29th, 2008, 10:29 PM
The misery continues: after I installed NoScript add-on for Firefox, I can browse, read, and reply but NO EDITING FUNCTIONS WORK!

More precisely, highlighting a portion of the edited text, and then clicking on Bold, Italic, or other buttons in the Edit Menu bar has no effect. Tested many times. I am reduced to inserting all the mark-up manually. That's very inconvenient and annoying.

If instead of pressing any of the Edit Buttons, I do Ctrl-B, or Ctrl-I, ..., a search subpane opens on the left of the Firefox window instead of surrounding the selected text with the markup tags (expected behavior, worked until yesterday).

What is causing this behavior? The NoScript add-on, or soemthing else?

Slutati
Aug 29th, 2008, 10:56 PM
this board is a fucking mess :rolleyes:

Slutiana
Aug 29th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Its working for me now. You need to wash your mouth out with soap Slutati. :rolleyes:

Slutati
Aug 29th, 2008, 11:23 PM
You shouldn't even talk "Jebi Se" :weirdo::)

hablo
Aug 29th, 2008, 11:49 PM
The misery continues: after I installed NoScript add-on for Firefox, I can browse, read, and reply but NO EDITING FUNCTIONS WORK!

More precisely, highlighting a portion of the edited text, and then clicking on Bold, Italic, or other buttons in the Edit Menu bar has no effect. Tested many times. I am reduced to inserting all the mark-up manually. That's very inconvenient and annoying.

If instead of pressing any of the Edit Buttons, I do Ctrl-B, or Ctrl-I, ..., a search subpane opens on the left of the Firefox window instead of surrounding the selected text with the markup tags (expected behavior, worked until yesterday).

Yeah, I have this issue too with the editing.

That's why you should download Opera (web browser) and avoid all this unecessary frustration for now. ;)

Rix643
Aug 30th, 2008, 01:22 AM

Yes. It seems you switched off scripting entirely, where you should have switched off scripting for uac.advertising.com only.
I'm not a FF user, so I don't know how to do this with NoScript. As far as I understand you should mark uac.advertising.com as untrusted. If you mark www.tennisforum.com as trusted the scripting (and editing) for this site should work. My guess is you should play around with the settings a little.

drake3781
Aug 30th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Everything is OK for me, since approx. one hour ago. Up to that time, I had major issues. Using IE7.

Sally Struthers
Sep 2nd, 2008, 07:13 PM
it seems to be doing it again :fiery:

truebluefan
Sep 3rd, 2008, 03:57 PM
I will monitor it closely today, yesterday may have been caused due to spike in traffic because of US Open.

The Crow
Sep 4th, 2008, 08:51 AM
There are some netflix ads that still cause the same problem.

truebluefan
Sep 4th, 2008, 03:28 PM
There is indeed another ad in the network. Reported it last night.

Not as bad as the one last week, but still causing problems.

truebluefan
Sep 6th, 2008, 05:21 PM
just in case some of you have not read the announcement, we have yet a third ad issue that began yesterday.

It was reported.

Sally Struthers
Sep 8th, 2008, 06:28 AM
the tbqforless.com ad is doing it now..