Stephanie Cohen-Aloro vs. Qualifier
Qualifier vs. Dinara Safina (6)

Dinayer
Aug 22nd, 2008, 10:20 AM
difficult draw... but
Allez Alizé!!

CornetFan0000
Aug 22nd, 2008, 04:47 PM
I think she can get to the R16 if she keeps playing well. She just beat Daniella so that would increase her chances if she got to her in the 3rd round. Pin in the first can be tough though, very similar games, but Alize hits the ball with more authority.

justine schnyder
Aug 23rd, 2008, 10:58 AM
Well tricky draw so I'll just take it match by match and we'll see. Allez alize!!

saint2
Aug 23rd, 2008, 11:02 AM
Daniela Hantuchova (11) vs. Qualifier
Jessica Moore vs. Melanie Oudin

Marta Domachowska vs. Bethanie Mattek
Camille Pin vs. Alize Cornet (17)

Virginie Razzano (31) vs. Timea Bacsinszky
Alla Kudryavtseva vs. Yung-Jan Chan

Stephanie Cohen-Aloro vs. Qualifier
Qualifier vs. Dinara Safina (6)

quaterfinal is very possible...Same as early 2r exit...

Derek.
Aug 23rd, 2008, 06:29 PM
Good luck Alizé! :)

adeegee
Aug 25th, 2008, 12:07 AM
I watched Alize practice today, her knee is still bothering her. She was really upset at one point, she wasn't playing great and I think was in pain. But she got better as the practice went on (she was playing with Parmentier).

But she was really great afterwards, from my experiences she's the nicest player on the WTA :yeah:

saint2
Aug 25th, 2008, 12:15 AM
I watched again match vs Caro- now sober. Watching thos stupid errors in last 3 games , there are 2 posibilites- she gave up, or was not able to play better becouse of injury...I belive Alize is never giving up- especially when still has a chance to win...Loks like it knee is something serious...

CornetFan0000
Aug 25th, 2008, 02:21 AM
I watched Alize practice today, her knee is still bothering her. She was really upset at one point, she wasn't playing great and I think was in pain. But she got better as the practice went on (she was playing with Parmentier).

But she was really great afterwards, from my experiences she's the nicest player on the WTA :yeah:

Thank you very much Adeegee!!! Alize will be toughin her matches no matter what! As long as the end looked better she was probably just getting her leg loosened up a little. :)

Derek.
Aug 25th, 2008, 02:59 AM
Thanks for the report.
I hope her knee/leg will be okay for Tuesday. :hug:

Alizé Molik
Aug 25th, 2008, 10:42 AM
allez alizé!

Dinayer
Aug 26th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Court 13

11:00 AM Start
1 Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Andreja Klepac (SLO)v.Ai Sugiyama (JPN)[30]

followed by
2 Men's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Hyung-Taik Lee (KOR) v. Andreas Seppi (ITA)[31]

3 Men's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Nicolas Kiefer (GER)[20] v. Ivo Minar (CZE)

4 Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Camille Pin (FRA) v.Alize Cornet (FRA)[17]

Good luck :yeah:

justine schnyder
Aug 26th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Allez Alize!
I hope she feels well though :unsure:

CornetFan0000
Aug 26th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Alize! I'll be following with the live scoring!:worship:

saint2
Aug 26th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Alize! I'll be following with the live scoring!:worship:

I don't know if I wanna to waste nerves and cigarettes on that...I better get drunk, go sleep and tomorrow morning will check the score...

Derek.
Aug 27th, 2008, 01:45 AM
Alizé beat Pin 7-5 6-0! :banana:

Next is Mattek.

Good luck in the next round! :)

CornetFan0000
Aug 27th, 2008, 02:47 AM
Alize! :) Great second set, looks like she needed that tough first set to get loose!

CornetFan0000
Aug 27th, 2008, 03:10 AM
- Cornet seems to have a lot of haters here, but if anyone speaks to her at a tournament I'm 99% sure they'd change their mind.

- Alize :inlove: man she's awesome. She played horribly in the first set, Camille had a lot of success coming forward and Alize's forehand wasn't really penetrating or doing any damage. Nice second set though, imo her 2 handed backhand is one of the most pleasing on the eye in the women's game. Her and Camille seem very good friends, they had some very nice exchanges and were pretty much calling the lines, they would check with each other when they were unsure on a call. Alize was great after her match as well, she was having a photo with a guy and then demanded the person take another one because she didn't like her smile :spit: then someone said "you're gonna win the Open!" so she says "I don't think so, but I try my best" :awww: it was hard to get good photos because it was under the lights, couldn't really take any of moving objects so I was having great difficulty with Camille's bullet serve :( ;)

Found this in the General Messeges. Sounds like Alize is a sweetheart and played decent today. Especially in the second set! :)

adeegee
Aug 27th, 2008, 03:45 AM
She didn't play great in the first set, I think she struggled because she's good friends with Pin. 2nd set was much better though.

Mattek is a tricky 2nd round match, but if she can beat her she should reach the round of 16 minimum. Knee didn't seem to bother her too much today which is nice.

I'll go to her doubles match tomorrow, I like when she plays with Timea, they have a lot of fun on court.

justine schnyder
Aug 27th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Allez Alize! :)
Good win against a tough 1st round opponent.
Good to hear she raised her level in the 2nd set, and I hope she'll keep it up in her upcoming match(es)
Allez :hearts:

justine schnyder
Aug 27th, 2008, 07:12 AM
She didn't play great in the first set, I think she struggled because she's good friends with Pin. 2nd set was much better though.

Mattek is a tricky 2nd round match, but if she can beat her she should reach the round of 16 minimum. Knee didn't seem to bother her too much today which is nice.

I'll go to her doubles match tomorrow, I like when she plays with Timea, they have a lot of fun on court.

Thanks fro the info! Alize sounds like a great girl :D
I like her Timea as a team, two players who I really like, but they always choke in their matches, spreding leads and match points... :tape:
I hope they won't do so today..

Dinayer
Aug 27th, 2008, 10:00 AM
excellent start Alizé!!

:rocker:

saint2
Aug 27th, 2008, 12:15 PM
I woke up today, first time in my life as not teenager (goddamn, I feel soo old...) and checked how kind of birthday gift Alize has for me :lol::lol: Good result, win is a win...

justine schnyder
Aug 27th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Are you 20 y.o now?
Anyway, happy b-day!! :aparty:

Dinayer
Aug 27th, 2008, 01:58 PM
I woke up today, first time in my life as not teenager (goddamn, I feel soo old...) and checked how kind of birthday gift Alize has for me :lol::lol: Good result, win is a win...

Happy Birthday :aparty: :aparty:

Iceland
Aug 27th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Good start Alize, lovely bagel. :drool:

adeegee
Aug 28th, 2008, 02:59 AM
Thanks fro the info! Alize sounds like a great girl :D
I like her Timea as a team, two players who I really like, but they always choke in their matches, spreding leads and match points... :tape:
I hope they won't do so today..
I like Timea as well, she's cute.

They were really bad today though, neither of them played well. They deserved to lose :(

I can't go tomorrow, but I hope she beats Mattek so I can see her again on Saturday.

justine schnyder
Aug 28th, 2008, 05:55 AM
I like Timea as well, she's cute.

They were really bad today though, neither of them played well. They deserved to lose :(

I can't go tomorrow, but I hope she beats Mattek so I can see her again on Saturday.

:sad:
But once again, they lost after taking the 1st set 6:1.. tipical Timea/Alize doubles match :lol: :tape:
I hope she beats Mattek too ;) have fun! :D

Dinayer
Aug 28th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Alizé won 7-6 6-1 :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Dinayer
Aug 28th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Next will be Moore or Groenefeld :yeah:

saint2
Aug 28th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Next will be Moore or Groenefeld :yeah:

I'd like her to play against that Moore girl...Is she good? Able to upset 2nd ugliest player in the world aka ALG?

Iceland
Aug 28th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Job done :) She had to dig pretty deep to get this first set, Mattek helped her a bit finishing it with so many errors
That's great that she won in straights despite the struggle. She needs to save her energy for a possible encounter against Safina.
Congrats, this is a good win over an in-form girl :)

justine schnyder
Aug 28th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Allez Alize!! :rocker2:
Best of luck next round. Moore or ALG are winnable, especially if she's healthy and everything :)

Derek.
Aug 28th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Great job, Alizé! :bounce:

Good luck in the next round! :)

saint2
Aug 28th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Groenfled next...A match wich Im 100% will not watch it for one simple reason- I can't stand Groenfeld's face...

DaMatz
Aug 28th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Groenfled next...A match wich Im 100% will not watch it for one simple reason- I can't stand Groenfeld's face...

Are you a fan of Cornet? And you don´t look the match because of Groenefeld´s face? Oh my goodness :lol:.

I also like Cornet, but not people who have to affront Groenefeld. This is so poor :help:

saint2
Aug 28th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Are you a fan of Cornet? And you don´t look the match because of Groenefeld´s face? Oh my goodness :lol:.

I also like Cornet, but not people who have to affront Groenefeld. This is so poor :help:

Lets say her face was always bringing negative feelings to me...Why? Don't know why, just becouse...Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Groenfeld, Im not a "hater" or somewthing like that, but...I prefer to avoid her matches...

DaMatz
Aug 28th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Lets say her face was always bringing negative feelings to me...

sure :lol:, hope of a good match between ALG and Cornet

Dinayer
Aug 28th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Good luck Alize :)

justine schnyder
Aug 29th, 2008, 01:43 PM
GL Alize, however, it's not gonna be easy. I'm not sure that Moore is an indication for anything, but ALG looked very good against her (In tennis terms, saint2 ;) )

justine schnyder
Aug 30th, 2008, 06:31 AM
Alize is olaying today on cout 11.
Allez!!!!

Dinayer
Aug 30th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Allez Alize :D

leslie&yummy
Aug 30th, 2008, 10:47 AM
allez!!!!!!!

Drimal
Aug 30th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Allez Alizé! Make 4th round of a Grand Slam now! :bounce:

Derek.
Aug 31st, 2008, 12:13 AM
Alizé lost 4-6 5-7. :sobbing:

I knew Groenefeld would be dangerous, but I thought Alizé would fight through. :(

Iceland
Aug 31st, 2008, 12:32 AM
Well Alize was really unable to play her game, ALG was simply overpowering her and her first serve was just too good. For once Alize didnt commit too many errors, only 11 for 11 winners.
Alize will have to improve her shots if she wants to be successful on hard courts, she is a bit too fragile when she has the pressure of being the favourite. She fought bravely though, a bagel would have been hard.

Not a bad US Open all in all even though it could have been better. :hug:

Dinayer
Aug 31st, 2008, 01:12 AM
Alize :awww:

nice fight :awww: