PDA

View Full Version : Say it's not true... Anna vs. Martina?!

Mitzi
Aug 17th, 2002, 02:55 PM
I've just checked out the draw for the Pilot pen tournament and saw that Anna will have to play Martina Hingis in the first round.
As far as I know, my eyesight is exelant, so do you think Anna has a chanse of winning the match?

Nimi
Aug 17th, 2002, 05:21 PM
Is this serious? Not the draw, the question?
Martina is back from surgery & Jelena straight-setted her, Anna likes to make her opponents run alot & Hingis had an operation in both ankles, my prediction as Anna in 3 sets, with Martina taking the 1st set easily, the 2nd will be a war, & a relativly easy 3rd set for Anna. Go Anna! :D

Irish
Aug 17th, 2002, 06:41 PM
Nimi, you are a trip (good). I never underestimate my fav's opponent no matter if they just had surgery or gave birth. ;)

I believe Anna will have the slight advantage but Martina will be hungry for a win. I am wondering why she would get a top 10 player in the first round. :confused:

Go Anna!!!!

REDACE
Aug 17th, 2002, 08:06 PM
it will be tough match, but i think Anna can win.

Mitzi
Aug 17th, 2002, 08:09 PM
lol, Kerry. I don't underestimate any of Anna's opponents too.

I've sent Aaron the preview of the Pilot Pen Tennis tournament and I've noticed that this is a smaller tournament, with no third round so I guess that there are probably only eight seeds.

King Aaron
Aug 18th, 2002, 08:48 AM
unfortunately it is true..:sad:

but I think Anna has a chance!! Go Anna!!

Nimi
Aug 18th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Ya, its true, 5 rounds, 8 seeds. I remember last year i was surprised with how small the draw was but there were so many big names.

Anyways, u can never underestimate Martina Hingis, but Karen made it look like Anna has like a 5% chance to win...

Irish
Aug 18th, 2002, 11:01 PM
Nimi, Karen may be using reverse psychology on *Martina Spies*in this forum and trying not to look overconfident.;) ;) :D

Plus, it helps when there is a letdown to not be overconfident. Look at the Montreal tournament. I didn't think Babsi Schett would win even a game and it worked to my advantage.;) She beat Marissa, Chanda, and Kim.:D :angel: She then let Daniela win in the quarterfinals to help her get closer into the top 10.;) ;) :D :D :D

Irish
Aug 18th, 2002, 11:19 PM
Thank you for the explanation on the seeds and draw. It helps explain why Anna is facing Martina so early.

I will start crying now so she will win.;) :D :D :D

Good luck Anna!!!!

Mikey
Aug 18th, 2002, 11:34 PM
hey guys :wavey: sorry ive been so out of it lately :o

go anna! hope u have a good week....prove that you can beat martina! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

nimi - great thinking, i love it :wavey: :D

Irish
Aug 19th, 2002, 12:11 AM
Mike, I have been 'looking' for you. :)

Would you please post a cheering thread in the New Haven tournament forum. Thanks!!! :kiss: :D

Mikey
Aug 19th, 2002, 03:54 AM
lol! omg! how could i forget??? :o :o :rolleyes: well, im embarrassed. ill do that, straight away! :D

King Aaron
Aug 19th, 2002, 11:26 AM
hehheheheee I think Anna will give Martina a shock!! hopefully

Nimi
Aug 19th, 2002, 01:36 PM
Im a graet thinker??? That is AWSOME! :p

King Aaron
Aug 20th, 2002, 10:59 AM
:sad: :( :mad: Anna lost

Nimi
Aug 21st, 2002, 09:51 AM
Kerry you didnt cry!

King Aaron
Aug 21st, 2002, 11:35 AM
Kerry, why didn't you cry....:( now I'm crying..;)

Irish
Aug 22nd, 2002, 07:59 AM
I was at the mental home where they took me after the loss. They would not let me have access to the internet.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Hi guys and gals :wavey:

King Aaron
Aug 22nd, 2002, 11:16 AM
lol :wavey: