PDA

View Full Version : The 2008 US Open!!!

goldenlox
Aug 19th, 2008, 01:46 AM
Dinara won LA, Montreal and the USO series. Then she won an Olympic silver medal.
Now she plays the last major of this year. Very big tournament for Dinara, in every way, very big.

Amalgamate
Aug 19th, 2008, 04:35 AM
:rocker2: Davai Dianra! Revenge your Olympic loss and return to winning all the tournaments you play :yeah:
Let's hope for a good draw!

Dinayer
Aug 19th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Dinara do your best girl!
go go :rocker2:

Amalgamate
Aug 19th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Dinara do your best girl!
go go :rocker2:

You always have the best avatars/signatures :hearts:

Dinayer
Aug 19th, 2008, 02:30 PM

Awww thanks :hug:

Cyzer
Aug 19th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Ah Davai Dinara please rest up and put your best results here at the US Open. (because I'm gonna be there starting third round ;) )

Esther
Aug 19th, 2008, 06:37 PM
lets go dinara. :kiss:

Demska
Aug 19th, 2008, 07:34 PM
C'mon Dinara :rocker2:

Dinayer
Aug 19th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Ah Davai Dinara please rest up and put your best results here at the US Open. (because I'm gonna be there starting third round ;)

please take beautiful pics :hearts:

Im so jealous :lol:

Amalgamate
Aug 19th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Ah Davai Dinara please rest up and put your best results here at the US Open. (because I'm gonna be there starting third round ;) )

You are so lucky! Have fun and enjoy the Open (and Dinara) :)

enchantrezz
Aug 20th, 2008, 08:28 AM
http://www.usopen.org/images/nav/top/uso_nt_00000g1.jpg

Tournament Name: 2008 US OPEN TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIPS
Dates: AUGUST 25-SEPTEMBER 7, 2008
QUALIFYING: AUGUST 19-22, 2008
Prize Money: US $9,600,000
128 DRAW

SITE: USTA BILLIE JEAN KING NATIONAL TENNIS CENTER
FLUSHING MEADOWS-CORONA PARK
FLUSHING, NY 11368
SURFACE: HARD DECO TURF II
BALL: WILSON EXTRA DUTY/REGULAR DUTY FOR MIXED DOUBLES
PRIZE MONEY: USD PAID THROUGH WTA
WEB SITE: www.usopen.org (http://www.usopen.org/)

Main draw: Thursday, August 21, TBA

WTA Ranking Points
W: 1000
F: 700
SF: 450
QF: 250
R16: 140
R32: 90
R64: 60
R128: 2
Q: 31
Q32: 25
Q64: 15
Q128: 2

Entry deadline: July 14, 2008
Seeding: August 18, 2008

1. Ana Ivanovic
2. Jelena Jankovic
3. Svetlana Kuznetsova
4. Serena Williams
5. Elena Dementieva
6. Dinara Safina :cool:
7. Venus Williams
8. Vera Zvonareva
9. Agnieszka Radwanska
10. Anna Chakvetadze
11. Daniela Hantuchova
12. Marion Bartoli
13. Agnes Szavay
14. Victoria Azarenka
15. Patty Schnyder
16. Flavia Pennetta
17. Alizé Cornet
18. Dominika Cibulkova
19. Nadia Petrova
20. Nicole Vaidisova
21. Caroline Wozniacki
22. Maria Kirilenko
23. Lindsay Davenport
24. Shahar Peer
25. Francesca Schiavone
26. Anabel Medina Garrigues
27. Alona Bondarenko
28. Katarina Srebotnik
29. Sybille Bammer
30. Ai Sugiyama
31. Virginie Razzano
32. Amélie Mauresmo

My hope is that Safina can win the U.S. Open and realize the potential of the firepower she has demonstrated for most of the hard court Summer. She is the one player on the rise who could lift the whole tour to higher levels of play.;)

enchantrezz
Aug 20th, 2008, 09:22 AM
(because I'm gonna be there starting third round ;) )

interesting possible 3rd rd opponents : :cool:

17. Alize Cornet, France
18. Dominika Cibulkova, Slovak Republic
19. Nadia Petrova, Russia
20. Nicole Vaidisova, Czech Republic
21. Caroline Wozniacki, Denmark
22. Maria Kirilenko, Russia
23. Lindsay Davenport, United States
24. Shahar Peer, Israel

Amalgamate
Aug 20th, 2008, 09:50 AM
interesting possible 3rd rd opponents : :cool:

17. Alize Cornet, France
18. Dominika Cibulkova, Slovak Republic
19. Nadia Petrova, Russia
20. Nicole Vaidisova, Czech Republic
21. Caroline Wozniacki, Denmark
22. Maria Kirilenko, Russia
23. Lindsay Davenport, United States
24. Shahar Peer, Israel

Can't she play any 17-32 seed in the 3R? Also, those are some very strong 17-24 seeds.

enchantrezz
Aug 20th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Can't she play any 17-32 seed in the 3R? Also, those are some very strong 17-24 seeds.

All seeded players (16) can meet any one ranked 17 below and yes those players ranked 17 -24 are very tough and very much in good form. I think there will be lots of upsets in the early rounds...hopefully Dinara's not one of them :angel:

Nina.
Aug 20th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Go Dinara! :bounce: I hope she had enough time to recover properly after this exhausting Olympic week. Let's hope for a good draw and then I am sure that she'll do well. :)

I like them too, the coloring is great. Do you make them yourself?

How cool! Have fun and take pictures :angel:

CherryBakewell
Aug 20th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Davai Dina :bounce:

camilia
Aug 21st, 2008, 06:12 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/pgStory?contentId=8467056&MSNHPHMA#sport=TENNIS&photo=8464804
Go Dina

Amalgamate
Aug 21st, 2008, 06:47 PM
:banana: Go Dinara!

Demska
Aug 21st, 2008, 09:00 PM
Dinara's quater

Ana Ivanovic (1) vs. Vera Dushevina
Qualifier vs. Casey Dellacqua

Kaia Kanepi vs. Monica Niculescu
Nathatlie Dechy vs. Amelie Mauresmo (32)

Nadia Petrova (19) vs. Olivia Sanchez
Qualifier vs. Evgeniya Rodina

Shuai Peng vs. Eleni Daniilidou
Qualifier vs. Flavia Pennetta (16)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Daniela Hantuchova (11) vs. Qualifier
Jessica Moore vs. Melanie Oudin

Marta Domachowska vs. Bethanie Mattek
Camille Pin vs. Alize Cornet (17)

Virginie Razzano (31) vs. Timea Bacsinszky
Alla Kudryavtseva vs. Yung-Jan Chan

Stephanie Cohen-Aloro vs. Qualifier
Qualifier vs. Dinara Safina (6)

Ivanovic in the QF's, with a Williams Sister in the semis

goldenlox
Aug 21st, 2008, 09:24 PM
I hope Dinara is rested and ready. She should be a major player in NY

Dinayer
Aug 21st, 2008, 10:55 PM
well difficult draw as always, but dinara can!

Go Girl :rocker2:

Amalgamate
Aug 22nd, 2008, 12:47 AM
Definitely not an easy draw for Dinara. I shouldn't look ahead (but I really cannot stop myself :lol:) but i like her chances to win her come through her first three rounds without a problem. Although if Kudryavtseva is on :scared:. Then in the 4R she will probably play the winner of Hantuchova/Cornet. Most likely Cornet as she just beat Daniela today. I think Dinara gets through this match in straights, although I would not be surprised to see Dinara let it go three. Then in the Quarters, granted there are easier seeds than Ivanovic, but who knows what kind of form she is in or how her thumb is really feeling. So Dina for the win in the Quarter :rocker2:. Then in the semis she will most likely play Venus/Serena which will of course be difficult. But I think getting through her quarter is important :yeah:

enchantrezz
Aug 22nd, 2008, 01:03 AM
Wow, a very tricky draw ;)
Alla Kudryavtseva is not in good form lately as she just got injured and havent played since she retired in a match this summer. The tough opponents in her quarters imo, will be the qualifier, having gone through some matches already, and Cornet.

If she gets through the early rounds, then Im pretty much confident she'll be in better form to face either of these players, Ivanovic, Mauresmo, Petrova, Dechy ( tough early rounds for Ivanovic, btw).

So overall, a great draw for Safina, couldnt asked for a better one. And Im getting excited, lol!

Too bad, my two favorite players ( Dinara, Daniela) are in the same draw.

Nina.
Aug 22nd, 2008, 07:05 AM
Tough draw for Dinara, she was definitely not the luckiest one. But she has shown before that a tough draw doesn't mean losing early. As long as she is feeling fresh again I am sure that she can have a good run.

Definitely not an easy draw for Dinara. I shouldn't look ahead (but I really cannot stop myself :lol:)
You (we) can look ahead. She has to take it one match at a time ;)

Amalgamate
Aug 22nd, 2008, 07:18 AM
Only a few more days :banana:
Is Dinara also playing doubles? :scared:

Nina.
Aug 22nd, 2008, 07:25 AM
please no doubles this time...concentrate on singels!

enchantrezz
Aug 22nd, 2008, 07:29 AM

I hope not!!!
If she's gonna do it then I hope it would be with her brother in the mixed doubles, for an entertainment :lol:

Amalgamate
Aug 22nd, 2008, 07:46 AM
I hope not!!!
If she's gonna do it then I hope it would be with her brother in the mixed doubles, for an entertainment :lol:

:haha: That would be hilarious. But I hope she just focuses on singles! :rocker2:

Nina.
Aug 22nd, 2008, 07:47 AM
They can do the entertainment at the Hopman Cup next year. That will be great. But at the GS it should be only singles.

Amalgamate
Aug 22nd, 2008, 09:19 AM
I agree. It's too bad it has to be that way but doubles and singles for the top players is a lot of matches.
Also, I am really hoping Dinara's serve is better at the US Open. 17 DF's against Elena...:help:

Dinayer
Aug 22nd, 2008, 10:40 AM
I agree. It's too bad it has to be that way but doubles and singles for the top players is a lot of matches.
Also, I am really hoping Dinara's serve is better at the US Open. 17 DF's against Elena...:help:

Yes, me too

Davai :)

enchantrezz
Aug 22nd, 2008, 04:07 PM
Thinking really positively, I think the same thing. However, it could either be a great blessing in disguise, or just really devastate and hurt her at the US Open

Supergrunt at the GM thread saw Safina and Azarenka playing a match against each other on Armstrong and Safina was whooping Azarenka.

Even though this is just a practice match, I take this as a positive sign. I am now confident our girl has become more driven and more motivated to win after her devastating loss in the Olympics.:yeah:

C. Drone
Aug 22nd, 2008, 04:48 PM

i guess, she will play with slumpingSzavay again. but i hope i'm wrong.

Amalgamate
Aug 22nd, 2008, 10:43 PM
Supergrunt at the GM thread saw Safina and Azarenka playing a match against each other on Armstrong and Safina was whooping Azarenka.

Even though this is just a practice match, I take this as a positive sign. I am now confident our girl has become more driven and more motivated to win after her devastating loss in the Olympics.:yeah:

:scratch: Safina and Radwanska were the ones playing the match.

enchantrezz
Aug 23rd, 2008, 01:58 AM
:lol: i stand corrected. its radwanska :)

Amalgamate
Aug 23rd, 2008, 02:58 AM
Dinara plays Kristie Ahn R1. Kristie has had a great tournament so far (she turned 16 two months ago). I saw her play in Berkeley and she is a solid junior player. Good first round for Dinara :yeah:

enchantrezz
Aug 23rd, 2008, 06:04 AM
A look at Dinara's 1st round opponent : Kristie Haerim Ahn ( USA )

http://www.usopen.org/images/pics/large/b_0819_006_ahn.jpg

It's Ahn to the U.S. Open main draw for Upper Saddle River teen

NEW YORK -- As recently as 18 months ago Kristie Haerim Ahn was struggling desperately with her tennis, trying somehow to find joy in it before she was faced with the ultimate decision about whether to give it up for good. Yesterday, as she flung her racket in the air, screamed and fell on the court with both hands atop her head in shock, there was plenty of joy overflowing to all her friends and family who had crossed two rivers to watch her stunning victory.

Ahn, a feisty kid from Upper Saddle River, had just beaten No. 4 seed Anna Lapushchenkova, 6-4, 6-4, in the third round of the qualifying tournament to earn an unlikely spot in the U.S. Open main draw. That's main draw, as in the one Serena Williams and Ana Ivanovic play. Not too shabby for a 16-year-old young woman ranked 758th in the world.

"I feel like I'm in a dream and just waiting to wake up," said Ahn, who won all three matches without dropping a set. "It's really great. I am in shock. I think everyone is in shock right now. I knew I was going to do well, but never this well. I never, never in my life thought I was going to play in the U.S. Open."

Six hours after her victory, Ahn, who was born a subway stop away in Flushing, Queens, was given a formidable next opponent when she was drawn against No. 6 Dinara Safina.

"I'm ready," said Ahn, who predicted it would be Safina.

Perhaps she is, especially after a remarkable summer in which she has generated a huge wave of momentum that doesn't want to crash. While playing in USTA Pro Circuit tournaments, she has gone 16-1 and won two tournaments. Yesterday she never seemed in danger of losing to the 105th ranked player in the world.

And yet it wasn't very long ago that she felt tennis would just be a vehicle to get a college scholarship. While that remains an option, Ahn must now consider the possibility that she could earn a real living smacking a fuzzy yellow ball back and forth over a net.

By becoming one of 16 qualifiers to earn a spot in the big draw, Ahn is guaranteed at least $18,500, money that she won't take because she wants to maintain her amateur status in case she does decide to play in college.

At least there seems to be a real choice. Back in the winter of 2007, tennis had became such a drag for Ahn that all she wanted to do was use it to get through college, after which she might never hit a ball again. "I was going through tough times last year," she said. "I wasn't happy with my game. I lost my interest in tennis and was kind of giving up on the court. I felt pretty depressed about it.

"All my friends would ask me what I was going to do with tennis and I told them, 'You know what, I'm just going to play college and after that I'm never going to touch my racket again. If I could go to college with a scholarship that would be fine. Then I would just give it up for good." But at that point Kristie met her new coach, Lee Hurst, who has been working with other young players in New Jersey for the past six years. Hurst, originally from Southampton, England, was charged with easing Kristie's mental and emotional state and trying to bring some joy back into her game.

He seems to have done that, as much with soccer as with the tennis itself. Ahn, who bears a nasty four-inch scar on her left calf from making a sliding tackle in a soccer game at Ramapo High's artificial turf field last week, has learned to enjoy her tennis more by enjoying other sports as well.

"When I met Lee, it ignited a spark in me," she said. "I was just so much more into it than I had been. Part of it was that most of the time we weren't even talking about tennis. We were talking about soccer. Now, it's just a lot more fun."

Dinayer
Aug 23rd, 2008, 08:42 AM
Go Dinara :banana:

camilia
Aug 23rd, 2008, 01:01 PM
prove them right dinara :bigclap:
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/usopen08/news/story?id=3548833

enchantrezz
Aug 23rd, 2008, 02:57 PM
All the experts' picks:

Matt Cronin/Foxsports
http://i317.photobucket.com/albums/mm398/cyegirl/Foxsports.png

ESPN
http://i317.photobucket.com/albums/mm398/cyegirl/espn2.png

Steve Flink/USOPEN Preview site/Tennis Channel
Prediction : Safina /VideoLink (http://www.usopen.org/en_US/index.html)

Nick Bolletieri/CBS Sports
Picks: Safina
--------------------------------
Dinara is clearly the favorite!!!
If she doesnt win, then it can be called an upset.

Dinayer
Aug 23rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
Please :)

Amalgamate
Aug 24th, 2008, 02:54 AM
I don't really like everyone predicting Dinara is going to win :shrug:
I just hope she embraces it (or doesn't know about it) and just win's the title! :rocker2:

enchantrezz
Aug 24th, 2008, 03:09 AM
I don't really like everyone predicting Dinara is going to win :shrug:
I just hope she embraces it (or doesn't know about it) and just win's the title! :rocker2:

Well, based on her recent interview, she doesnt even know Hantuchova is on her draw :lol:

So it seems all these predictions are just for the fans' and media's entertainment..and for myself because I like what they are predicting :devil:.
Dinara doesnt really care at all for these things so we have nothing to worry :dance:

Amalgamate
Aug 24th, 2008, 03:43 AM
Well, based on her recent interview, she doesnt even know Hantuchova is on her draw :lol:

So it seems all these predictions are just for the fans' and media's entertainment..and for myself because I like what they are predicting :devil:.
Dinara doesnt really care at all for these things so we have nothing to worry :dance:

I guess so. It just seems link jinx's always happen and I don't want people to jinx her :scared:

enchantrezz
Aug 24th, 2008, 04:30 AM
I guess so. It just seems link jinx's always happen and I don't want people to jinx her :scared:

Hah, I see your point and its kinda scary, I agree. Its quite relieving that Safina's fans are just keeping to themselves ( except for me, sorry :help: ) in the GM thread and I hope it continues and I also promise to shut up from now on :lol:.

Some fans are just way tooo loud about their favorites, its getting too ridiculous, if you know what I mean :lol:

Amalgamate
Aug 24th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Haha yea I understand. I am getting ready for the US Open :armed: We are going to take out one bitch at a time :haha:

Amalgamate
Aug 24th, 2008, 07:25 AM
From Leo's post in GM

"Oh, and back to Dinara. Earlier that afternoon my friend and I recognized her leaving the player’s building. Of course to practice some more, as always. She looked nice with her hair down, and I had been having a confident and aggressive day with players, so I cried, “Dinara! Dinara!” really loud. She looked at me and clearly heard me, but kept walking away. No interest in acknowledging my existence."

What is the deal on Dinara? I want to believe that she is not a complete bitch? :confused: :sad:

C. Drone
Aug 24th, 2008, 09:44 AM
From Leo's post in GM

"Oh, and back to Dinara. Earlier that afternoon my friend and I recognized her leaving the player’s building. Of course to practice some more, as always. She looked nice with her hair down, and I had been having a confident and aggressive day with players, so I cried, “Dinara! Dinara!” really loud. She looked at me and clearly heard me, but kept walking away. No interest in acknowledging my existence."

What is the deal on Dinara? I want to believe that she is not a complete bitch? :confused: :sad:

she's very moody sometimes. maybe the hype/interest or the agressive autograph-hunters piss her off.

( i knew this will coming. success = more interest, bigger expectations, then skeletons in the closet, more hate, and after all "she's a bitch". :rolleyes: )

enchantrezz
Aug 24th, 2008, 10:56 AM
From Leo's post in GM

No she's not. No one is busier and more intense right now than Dinara. She knows what she wants, and nothing and no one will stop her from taking it. She's not going to settle for anything lesser than the title itself. If you're in this kind of mode, its easy to forget you're surroundings. So i can understand if she doesnt have time to stop when someone calls her for autograph or whatever.

My take on this, I am her fan and if I was there, I would be more sensitive if she is in the mood for autograph signing or picture taking. Ill give her space because thats how I can support her.Of course, I will be watching her all day, probably :lol: but I am not going to call her name out loud because more likely than not you'll be ignored. I dont know why the person did it, what her intention was.

Sometimes, people do things just to prove they're right :rolleyes:

Dinara was friendlier last year...obviously because she was more relaxed, more time to socialize and the mindset was not on the tournament 100 percent. She was just having fun ;)

But things are different for her nowadays and priorities have already changed. And I respect that .

P.S.
The poster is obviously not a fan ...so the report is really based from her perspective. :)

Nina.
Aug 24th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Haha yea I understand. I am getting ready for the US Open :armed: We are going to take out one bitch at a time :haha:

That sounds like a plan :yeah:

From Leo's post in GM

She's not. I have seen her in Berlin this year and she was very nice taking a lot of time to sign autographs especially for the kids.
She was probably concentrating, getting ready for practice. :shrug: And after all, she's a Safin, a lot depends on her mood.

fester
Aug 25th, 2008, 06:58 AM
I couldn't see Dinara in the doubles draw. It looks like she isn't defending her title which is a shame. I think she learned her lesson at the Olympics.

I think this shows why top singles players don't play doubles competitively.

enchantrezz
Aug 25th, 2008, 08:29 AM
I couldn't see Dinara in the doubles draw. It looks like she isn't defending her title which is a shame. I think she learned her lesson at the Olympics.

I think this shows why top singles players don't play doubles competitively.

Yay!!! Actually Im very happy she's not playing doubles. Unlike last year, she is the heavy favorite to win the singles title so its just right to focus her energy and time playing singles :bounce:

sharapovarulz1
Aug 25th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Good choice not to play doubles! This has got to be her biggest chance ever of winning a slam and she needs to concentrate fully on singles! Take them down Dinara :D

Amalgamate
Aug 25th, 2008, 10:28 PM
I am glad she isn't play doubles. :armed: It's all about the singles title!

Dinayer
Aug 26th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Armstrong

11:00 AM Start
1 Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Kristie Haerim Ahn (USA) v. Dinara Safina (RUS)[6]

Go Dinara :yeah:

G&R
Aug 26th, 2008, 09:38 AM
go dina!!

enchantrezz
Aug 26th, 2008, 01:40 PM
UsOpen notebook:

While Dinara Safina was at the U.S. Tennis Center on Sunday preparing for her first-round match against Kristie Haerim Ahn, her 16-year-old opponent was content to hit on the scruffy public courts at Crestwood Park near her home in Upper Saddle River. "Just the local courts," Ahn said. "There's grass growing up from the cracks and stuff. But it's okay. I like being at home."

Ahn, who coincidentally watched from the stands Safina a tournament in Los Angeles earlier this month, plays the sixth-seeded Russian at 11 a.m. today at Louis Armstrong Stadium, where scores of her supporters are hoping to inspire her to an upset.

Yesterday Ahn did manage to get on court at the Billie Jean King Center to practice, but that wasn't a walk in the park, either.

A first-timer at the big dance, Ahn and her mother Hyung Ahn weren't allowed to park their car on the grounds because they didn't have the proper pass. By the time they found a place to park and walked back to the tennis center, Ahn had missed her allotted court time.

She was eventually given another court to practice on, and afterward she said she was feeling rested and is ready to go.

"I'm pretty excited," she said. "I'm so pumped up to play. I'm not even nervous any more, because really I've got nothing to lose."

enchantrezz
Aug 26th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Good Luck Dinara!!!
I hope she has an easy first round match.
Her young opponent sounds very confident since she was unbeatable this summer..she must be very good, but I hope not enough to upset Dina...its giving me jitters, lol!:help:

Nina.
Aug 26th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Kristie Haerim Ahn
16 years old
Ranked no. 758
plays first Grand Slam of her career
has won 2 ITFs in 2008 (Houston & Landisville)

Everything but a clear 2-set victory would be a surprise, I think.

goldenlox
Aug 26th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Dinara won 63 64

Dinara had 10 df[s in 2 sets. She needs a good night's sleep, then work on her serve, then another good night's sleep.
Too many df's, too many bad forehand UE's.
But good fighting

enchantrezz
Aug 26th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Gosh, i knew it!!! Dinara had a very dangerous 1st rd opponent. Im just so happy she pulled it off. But OMG, that teenager is really a good player. Whew!

camilia
Aug 26th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Dinara has just won in straight sets 6-3 6-4 :yippee:
but she really has to do something about those double faults :(

maryc
Aug 26th, 2008, 04:42 PM

I think she's an introvert.

sharapovarulz1
Aug 26th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Good first win for Dinara :)

Struggled on her serve a little bit, hopefully she will go hit the practice courts and work on that before her next match :D

enchantrezz
Aug 26th, 2008, 04:47 PM
My guess was that she was a little tensed from the start thats why she had all those DFs. But I give a lot of credit to her opponent. She is , imo , the most dangerous first rd opponent among all the seeds.

Overall, I think it was a good match.

enchantrezz
Aug 26th, 2008, 05:36 PM
BTW, the dress doesnt look good on her. I hope she changes her outfit in the next rd.

C. Drone
Aug 26th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Vamos DF princess! :scared: but win is win. :yeah:

(after Patty and Chaky) that pink dress again... adidas needs help. :help:

sharapovarulz1
Aug 26th, 2008, 06:05 PM
BTW, the dress doesnt look good on her. I hope she changes her outfit in the next rd.

I agree it is not one of her best outfits :sad:

lilimi
Aug 26th, 2008, 06:50 PM
too much pink. she should wear the white top with the pink shirt :)
http://www.tennispro.fr/IMG/arton6668.jpg

Nina.
Aug 26th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Congrats Dina, not an easy match but she made in in 2. So everything is ok, I guess.
About the outfit, I don't like it either. It's too pink for her and I don't like how you see how sweaty it gets :shrug:
I agree with lilime, she should at least wear a white shirt.

Demska
Aug 26th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Not liking the all pink :smash:

A sloppy match, really didn't play well. What's up with her serve :shrug:

27 df's in two matches (Olympic Final + today) really needs to sort it out

However, well done for getting it done in 2 sets

lilimi
Aug 26th, 2008, 09:20 PM
i think she's still tired :)
but i like the fact she always look to be in control even in difficult moments.

Amalgamate
Aug 26th, 2008, 10:36 PM
:haha: I didn't like all of the pink either!
Good win Dinara, I don't think you expected Ahn to be as solid as she was. Keep going :armed:

Dinayer
Aug 26th, 2008, 11:23 PM
well done dinara!

10 df :( :(

charlieluvtennis
Aug 27th, 2008, 12:48 AM
:yeah: Great win for Safina! :)

Cyzer
Aug 27th, 2008, 02:37 AM
Well think god she is through! I still have hope for watching her when I get to New York! Ugly match, but well done Dinara! :)

And I didn't like the pink outfit either :X. Addidas always as shit styles for woman its just sad. All the mens stuff is pretty cool ^_^

Also, it was very nice to hear Marat talk so nicely about Dinara, here's part of the interview.

Q. Your sister was in here earlier after her win, and she talked about you actually have talked to her through the years about trying to learn from your...

MARAT SAFIN: My mistakes, yes. (laughter.)

Q. Can you just give us a couple minutes what you think of what she's done professionally so far this year in particular and maybe what her chances are?

MARAT SAFIN: I think if she will do everything opposite of what I've been doing throughout the years she will be No. 1 in the world for a long time. That's as simple as it is.

Q. As a brother, how proud of her are you?

MARAT SAFIN: Always, of course. I mean, she's doing so well, and she's very close to finish the year No. 1. She's playing well. Two tough finals in the French Open and Beijing, so I think the third one is here. She should take her chance.

It's a little too early to speak about it, but I think she deserved it. And the way she was working already this year, and the decision she made at the age of 22 for a girl, I think it's very tough one.

She made them, she's doing very well, and I think she deserved it. I think she's totally ready to win the first Grand Slam, so I think why not? I'm really proud of the way she's handling the pressure and the way she's handling herself.

I think it's ‑‑ and the way she's treating the people around her, I think it's amazing, so I'm really happy for her.

Q. Were you surprised that the referee called security to the court?

MARAT SAFIN: No, no, it wasn't for me. No, it wasn't for me, no, no, no. Thanks God we didn't get to that stage.

Dinayer
Aug 27th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Marat :lol:

charlieluvtennis
Aug 27th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Legend! :yeah:

Amalgamate
Aug 28th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Take care of business tomorrow Dinara! :yeah:

enchantrezz
Aug 28th, 2008, 09:55 AM
good luck for the second rd dinara!!!

enchantrezz
Aug 28th, 2008, 10:49 AM
(after Patty and Chaky) that pink dress again... adidas needs help. :help:

Patty wore a different outfit in the 2nd round and looks better. I hope Dinara will follow.

Nina.
Aug 28th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Dinara will play the 1st match on Arthur Ashe today againt Italian Roberta Vinci.
Dinara has played her before in 2005 and she won in 3 sets.
Davai Dina!

goldenlox
Aug 28th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Dinara won 64 63

Dinara has to get steadier on her forehand. When she goes up the line, she gives away too many points.
She has to get her first serves in.
And those 2 missed easy volleys made this match tougher than it should have been.
Dinara will get beaten if she doesn't improve her level.
She's struggling thru early rounds that she should be winning much more comfortably.
But the competition will get better, and Dinara has to get better also

Dinayer
Aug 28th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Congrats dina :yeah:

enchantrezz
Aug 28th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Its great she won her 2nd rd match. Seems like she steps up her game when she's behind but lacks concentration when she's ahead. Her matches mirrors her personality, very intense and powerful.

I will just have to take one match at a time for Dinara, lol. No expectations from now on, its too nerve wracking :lol:

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 28th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Her Interview
THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Are you quite pleased? Straight set victory again second round? Feel pretty good about the way you played?

DINARA SAFINA: Well, I think it still could be better, especially I was 4‑1 up in the first set and then I let it go to 4‑All.

I was lucky that I hold my serve, because it was 15‑30 on second set and I served well there. But still, I think there is much more room that I can play better.

So hopefully, next match I can do better.

Q. You've talked a lot about how hard you worked the last few years. What do you think is better about yourself? What do you feel is the most obvious thing that's improved recently for you?

DINARA SAFINA: Well, I guess a little bit of everything, but I think also on the court, I'm much more aggressive than I used to be. I've been working a lot on every shot.

Then also physically, I think I also spend lots of attention on this, because for me I think this is the key of my game. If I'm faster, it helps me to play my game, to be aggressive on the court, to come and get better for the shots.

Now I have tennis coach and fitness coach. They are working together to get me better, so now I guess I have team that works for me.

Q. You talked a little bit about that few days ago the team around you, about your coach in particular, and that you feel you're on the same page. What has that relationship been like?

DINARA SAFINA: He was also a player, so he knows exactly how I feel. For me it's easier to communicate. I found a person I can trust, and I can say, Okay, I'm getting nervous. At least he knows what is these feelings nervous.

It's not somebody who never played. He cannot get exactly these feelings what you can feel on the court. So with these kinds of things he helps me also to control my emotions.

Okay, I never seen him play. Actually we played one year the same year, but I never seen him play. But he said that I'm on the court exactly like him. So I guess he knows what I was going through or what I'm going through some moments on the court.

He tries to help me, so I think this is the good thing that he understands me.

Q. How did you guys find each other, or you how did that work out?

DINARA SAFINA: Whew. It's a funny story. Last year I knew that after US Open I'm going to stop with my ex‑coach that I had. Then I wanted to work with Heinz Guenthardt, and he could not travel a lot.

So we needed to find a guy who could, like, they could both work with me. And I need to thank Ivan Ljubicic, because he advise me him.

We started to work after US Open. After Australia, I felt like with Heinz it was a little bit difficult to work, because he could not spend so much time with me, like basically full time I needed coach.

Then I decided, okay, I'm going to work with him. First we give a try until French Open. Oh, well, it turned out really good, and now we working together.

So I think even Ljubicic I need to thank or invite for a dinner.

Q. You talked the other day about Marat, one of the things he worked with you when you were younger, was that you would cry and get very, very emotional. I think he said, as an example, don't act like me. He talked about that, also in his press conference shortly thereafter. Is that a bit of a family trait, to sort of wear your emotions on your sleeve? And if so, is that something that you really work really hard on keeping in control, so that when things don't go so well you can regroup?

DINARA SAFINA: Yeah. Because this thing I can say that the tennis coach he help me to kind of to keep more quiet, because sometimes I would get very disappointing on myself or be very hard on myself.

It was kind of like I would play the match and I would show to everybody like, You see. I'm trying hard and it's just not going my way. Then I would kind of show it to everybody.

He would say, You don't need to show me that you are not feeling. I can see it. And try just to don't show to your opponent. So these kind of things he said, like, I know how you feel.

So to me you don't have to impress or whatever, or start to cry that you are tired. I know that you're tired. Just go out there, do what you can. And somehow with the talking, communicating with each other, I think this is the main thing we communicate with each other and he's understanding me.

That's why I start, like, kind of, okay, you know, he knows that, I guess, I don't feel maybe one of the shots. He sees this. I'm trying to be positive on the shot, and then of course the match finish.

Okay, we discuss about the match and we go straight on the court and work on the shot what was missing.

Q. Your summer really took off after Roland Garros. I mean, obviously you're playing extremely well. What was the turning point this season for you? Do you think it's learning to control your emotions? Is it something you've learned in your coaching? What happened midsummer when you really started playing so well?

DINARA SAFINA: Well, I guess just knowing what to do on the court. I found my weapons on the court, and I know when to use them. And I think this is ‑‑ and also by controlling my emotions.

So I guess like found when to use which shot and how to play, and that if something is not going well maybe this day that, okay, I'm still there. If this shot is not working, I will try to play it with other shot. That is also my good shot.

So somehow with emotions I start like to be more positive on the court.

Q. Did Marat have a lot to do with that?

DINARA SAFINA: It's not ‑‑ I would say more my tennis coach had to spend time with me, because I think my brother would not have so much patience (laughter.)

Because, I mean, I would never imagine that one tennis coach would have so much patience for me that I would scream, cry, whatever, and he would say, Okay, let's go. Keep on going.

So I think that he has patience for me.

Q. How long has he been your coach?

DINARA SAFINA: Just one‑on‑one that we work since February, but we started after US Open. So I think in this kind of way it's better, because before he was not the main coach.

Before it was main coach like Heinz, so he got to know me already through that period. It was three months we had been working together with Heinz.

So in this period he could see who I am. I think it was easier afterwards to start working with me.

Q. And you made that decision on your own to change coaches?

DINARA SAFINA: Mostly, yeah.

Q. Was it a question that you just had heard what your other coach had to say for so long and it wasn't quite working so you needed to try something else? Had you known your present coach for a while or several years or just...

DINARA SAFINA: What do you mean?

Q. In other words, your old coach, you had heard what he had to say for several years.

DINARA SAFINA: Yeah.

Q. Did you think that you had heard everything from him that you could hear, so you needed to have someone else tell you something different?

DINARA SAFINA: Well, I mean, I was working with the Dutch guy almost two years. Just at the end we just stop listening to each other. He would not accept what I would say. He didn't want to hear my opinions. So.

This was tough, you know, when a coach doesn't want to hear a player opinion, even if I'm wrong, but at least he can talk ‑‑ he can listen and then we can discuss and not always say his opinion.

So I think this is the reason, like, why we started to fight a lot on the court. And then it was not ‑‑ I mean, I have enough stress on the court playing a match and if I go on practice and I'm still fighting with my coach, I don't need this.

So I decided, like, okay, right or wrong decision. I mean, we had with the Dutch coach some success, but after it was going ups and downs.

So I took a decision, like, okay, I better try with somebody else maybe who would listen a little bit more to me.

Q. Would it be the same with your at this fitness coach?

DINARA SAFINA: Of course. I mean, same with the fitness coach. He needs to know how I feel. It's not possible that I come to practice and I'm really tired and he would get me suddenly to run like some crazy things.

Or one day he can say, Okay, today I don't care that you are tired. We have to do this, because tomorrow you have day off. So he also needs to feel me, to know how I feel.

Q. The fact that Henin is not there anymore and there's not one clear player, does it make a difference for you and the other players if there's not one clear person who maybe seems to be above everyone else?

DINARA SAFINA: Well, now it's so much wide open to get to this No. 1 spot in the world. But we still have Williams sisters, you know. They're still dangerous.

I mean, I think now it's kind of changing a little bit. So many more young and young players coming through, so I think it's just changing there, the youngers coming now.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports

charlieluvtennis
Aug 28th, 2008, 10:08 PM
:bounce: Well done today, Dinara! :)

enchantrezz
Aug 30th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Good luck for the 3rd rd night match session, Dinara!!!

charlieluvtennis
Aug 30th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Hope for another good win tonight, Safina ;)

Amalgamate
Aug 30th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Night Session :drool: Good luck!

goldenlox
Aug 30th, 2008, 11:24 PM
They're about to start

goldenlox
Aug 30th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Missed an easy volley in game 1, faced a bp, broken in a very sloppy game, 01*

goldenlox
Aug 30th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Dinara now *11, some UE's, another bp, down 12*, struggling and losing both service games
Her down the line forehand is awful. She should avoid hitting it

goldenlox
Aug 30th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Dinra is down *13 and playing awful. She's going to lose unless she plays much better, or Timea falls apart

goldenlox
Aug 30th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Dinara is down *24. She's going to lose unless there's a big improvement.

goldenlox
Aug 30th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Dinara is down 25 and playing awful. It's almost like the old Safina from before Berlin showed up.
Forget about #1 or winning this major.
Winning a set tonight will take a total form reversal from what she's doing
25*

goldenlox
Aug 31st, 2008, 12:11 AM
Dinara df'ed the first set away. That good run of tennis is over.
Maybe she needs a few weeks off
This is pathetic

Demska
Aug 31st, 2008, 12:13 AM
3-6 :(

wake up? :shrug:

goldenlox
Aug 31st, 2008, 12:21 AM
At least Dinara didn't give up 36 20*
Still a long way from a win

goldenlox
Aug 31st, 2008, 12:34 AM
Dinara had a bp for 41 but didn't get it, 36 *32

goldenlox
Aug 31st, 2008, 12:37 AM
Now broken at love, 36 33
3 games from a nightmare

goldenlox
Aug 31st, 2008, 01:02 AM
Dinara came back in set 2, 36 75.

goldenlox
Aug 31st, 2008, 01:10 AM
Dinara up *21 in the 3rd, but she still is making too many UE's and df's.

Dinayer
Aug 31st, 2008, 01:16 AM
Gogogogogogo!!!

Dinayer
Aug 31st, 2008, 01:18 AM
4-1 :)

goldenlox
Aug 31st, 2008, 01:22 AM
Dinara still has to serve better, volley better, and make fewer UE's to even consider making this final.
36 75 51*

Dinayer
Aug 31st, 2008, 01:23 AM
5-1 :)

Dinayer
Aug 31st, 2008, 01:26 AM
Go Dina 5-2 :D

Dinayer
Aug 31st, 2008, 01:31 AM
Davai!!!!

:banana:

6-2 :)

please dont do this again :sobbing:

dinara my hero :inlove:

Amalgamate
Aug 31st, 2008, 03:13 AM
Oh dear Dinara :scared: What was that? Here is to playing much much better in the next round :yeah:

Zealisa
Aug 31st, 2008, 04:28 AM
Dinara has to play much better if she wants to take the title! Davai Dinara! :)

C. Drone
Aug 31st, 2008, 09:09 AM
when she pumped her up with the scary "c'mons", she was waaayyyyy better.
good fight, but i really hate these nervewreckin' fights. :p

Grönefeld? :help: hope she will be in error-mode...

lilimi
Aug 31st, 2008, 09:39 AM
she has to play better because her draw is awful. ALG, then amelie..then a WS...:unsure:

Ilya Kovalchuk
Aug 31st, 2008, 10:40 AM
goldenlox

you're crying too much. just believe in our pretty Dina.)

Nina.
Aug 31st, 2008, 12:07 PM
Happy that she's through. Not a perfect performance but she made it and that's the most important point.

enchantrezz
Aug 31st, 2008, 05:23 PM
OMG, Dinara. This is a relief! This is the first time I turned on the computer for the results, got so nervous last night when Dinara was trailing 2-5 first set. I had an instinct she will not be playing well. Probably her brother's loss affected her and maybe she's really tired. She and JJ are tired..they have the longest summer season among the favorites.

In her current form , I cant see her winning the tournament. The best form I saw her play was in her LA tournament. Montreal, she's starting to get tired..then we know what happened in Beijing...

Any wins from now on is already a bonus, imo.

Good Luck, Dinara!!
I still wish you the best.

enchantrezz
Aug 31st, 2008, 07:19 PM
btw, has anyone seen the match? how was the crowd?

Butterfly14
Aug 31st, 2008, 07:25 PM
crowd was good. It was about 60% - 70% packed. They were cheering for dinara in third set.

charlieluvtennis
Aug 31st, 2008, 10:03 PM
:woohoo:
Come on Safina!
:worship:

enchantrezz
Sep 1st, 2008, 03:46 AM
crowd was good. It was about 60% - 70% packed. They were cheering for dinara in third set.

Its nice to know they were cheering for her.

She really has to take her chance here.
So much to win for in this tournament , the number 1 ranking, 1st grand slam title and the $ 1M bonus :eek:

If that isnt motivation enough, I dont know what else :lol:

Zealisa
Sep 1st, 2008, 10:24 AM
I hope Dina won't underestimate Anna-Lena...:eek: You never know what to expect from a player who's making such a comeback.

Kojalaberenc
Sep 1st, 2008, 10:33 AM
Can't wait for the match!
Against Timea.. she was playing very bad in the first half of the match but then.. it was amazing how she did everything to bring it all together, and she won at last! :bounce:

Did you see that insect attacking her oncourt? :lol:

Gotta root for her in less than 6 hours :angel:
Go Dina! :clap2:

enchantrezz
Sep 1st, 2008, 10:54 AM
No she wont underestimate Groenefeld.

I think she's more than ready to take on Anna- Lena. She plays better with hard hitting players...and I feel better and more excited for this match- up than her 1st and 3rd rd matches, if that counts :lol:

Just my gut feeling, if she gets through here, she'll go all the way the finals. :angel:

goldenlox
Sep 1st, 2008, 04:56 PM
Dinara just broke ALG to take set one, 75

goldenlox
Sep 1st, 2008, 05:23 PM
Dinara won the last 8 games, 75 60, now she's in the QF against Amelie or Flavia

Dinayer
Sep 1st, 2008, 05:25 PM
Incredible second set :banana:

:banana:

congrats dina :D

Kojalaberenc
Sep 1st, 2008, 05:33 PM
Well done, Dina very well done! :hug: :kiss:

Nina.
Sep 1st, 2008, 05:40 PM
:woohoo: well done Dinara

Tatianadove
Sep 1st, 2008, 06:46 PM
bagel:bounce:
Congrats to Dinara! But she can do better ;)

enchantrezz
Sep 1st, 2008, 10:59 PM
Guys, congratulations!!! our girl made it to the quarters :worship:

And guess what, I didnt watch the match, was too nervous :lol:

How did she play? I know the score but was she tired or what,, :)

lilimi
Sep 1st, 2008, 11:13 PM
she looked tired but focused. :)

enchantrezz
Sep 2nd, 2008, 01:01 AM

Good luck , Dinara for the next round :kiss:

Butterfly14
Sep 2nd, 2008, 01:04 AM
Good Job Girl!!!

next..

Amalgamate
Sep 2nd, 2008, 04:18 AM
I was really put off by Dinara's interview. She said she was crying and stuff and just really exhausted...:scared: Rest up!

enchantrezz
Sep 2nd, 2008, 04:58 AM
Im glad she cried. She was able to let go of all her exhaustion and it was nice of her coach to free Dinara of the pressure..

I really feel good about her chances in the next round, even better than I felt with her match against Anna- Lena.

Dinayer
Sep 2nd, 2008, 11:23 AM
I was really put off by Dinara's interview. She said she was crying and stuff and just really exhausted...:scared: Rest up!

dinara :hug:

bad_angel_109
Sep 2nd, 2008, 03:45 PM
Go Dinara! Hopes she wins and makes it into the semis :bounce:

goldenlox
Sep 2nd, 2008, 04:32 PM
Dinara is exhausted. But these matches are so important.
I hope she can recover enough today to play well tomorrow.
Then she will have Thursday off.
It's very difficult to play when tired, so it's really important she gets a good start Wednesday. Then she can get a massage and go back to her hotel and sleep

enchantrezz
Sep 3rd, 2008, 09:41 AM
I wish and pray for Dinara to regain her strength, form and confidence for her next match coz in my opinion, Dinara deserves the win after all her hard work and summer results and when she's at her best she is unbeatable. :angel:

Dinayer
Sep 3rd, 2008, 09:46 AM
I wish and pray for Dinara to regain her strength, form and confidence for her next match coz in my opinion, Dinara deserves the win after all her hard work and summer results and when she's at her best she is unbeatable. :angel:

yes :angel:

goldenlox
Sep 3rd, 2008, 05:21 PM
I saw Dinara interviewed about an hour ago, and she sounded ready to play.
The match doesn't start for about another half hour

Nina.
Sep 3rd, 2008, 06:21 PM
It finally started :bounce:
(I guess it was the first time in TV history that German ES showed a bit of double...)

Davai Dina!

goldenlox
Sep 3rd, 2008, 06:46 PM
Dinara playing well so far, not great but I think her best so far in NY
62 *00

goldenlox
Sep 3rd, 2008, 07:04 PM
Dinara was just broken at love, but broke back
62 *22

goldenlox
Sep 3rd, 2008, 07:17 PM
Dinara got a 2nd break on a lucky net cord, now she serves for the SF
62 *53

Nina.
Sep 3rd, 2008, 07:25 PM
Dina in the semis!
Pretty good match I think, especially compared to her previous ones in NY.

Kojalaberenc
Sep 3rd, 2008, 07:37 PM
oh wow.. just wow! :bounce:

Dina wasn't playing the best of tennis I'm sure but it is not important now that she won in straight sets and she's in SF! :hearts:

Go Go Go all the way! :kiss:

maryc
Sep 3rd, 2008, 07:39 PM
Excellent. (I went to grab a quick lunch, and the 2nd set was over before I got back.)

goldenlox
Sep 3rd, 2008, 07:40 PM
I thought this was her best match so far. She has Thursday off. She needs to rest and have fresh legs Friday.'
She's going to have to run down balls. Don't wear out tomorrow. REST

enchantrezz
Sep 3rd, 2008, 08:46 PM
Yay!!!

A well deserved win for Dinara :hearts:

Dinayer
Sep 3rd, 2008, 10:25 PM
Dinara :bounce: :bounce: :worship:

Im so proud of you, another GS semis :bounce: :hearts:
its an excellent result ;)
hopefully she can reach the final :D

Davai!

goldenlox
Sep 4th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Dinara has been so solid that I think she might reach all 4 slam semis next year, and spend time at #1.
But you want to win a major, so this match is important, and Dinara needs to keep her groundstrokes in play, be good at net, and get her first serves in

enchantrezz
Sep 5th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Dinara Safina have officially qualified for the season-ending Sony Ericsson Championships in Doha.!!!

The Sony Ericsson WTA Tour announced the news on Thursday, just one day before Dinara and Serena are scheduled to meet in the semifinals of the US Open.

“I am really happy about qualifying for the Sony Ericsson Championships,” Safina said. “I think this is the goal for every player to reach the Championships at the end of the year and finally my dream has come true.”

------------------------------

Oh Im so happy for Dinara.!!!
And I just really feel good about her upcoming match with Serena :banana:

Dinayer
Sep 5th, 2008, 01:31 PM
WOW!

congrats girl, im so happy for her!

she deserves it :D

charlieluvtennis
Sep 5th, 2008, 03:22 PM
WOW!

congrats girl, im so happy for her!

she deserves it :D

She definitely deserves it! ;)

bad_angel_109
Sep 5th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Its gonna be one hell of a match! :D And I'll wake at 4am in the morning just to watch it live on tv, lol.

Dinayer
Sep 5th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Its gonna be one hell of a match! :D And I'll wake at 4am in the morning just to watch it live on tv, lol.

:lol:

its the dinara power :worship: :worship: :hearts:

:lol:

Aleksandrina
Sep 5th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Давай,Dinara:)
http://s58.radikal.ru/i159/0809/20/6fbd0fa19b57.jpg
by cand

camilia
Sep 5th, 2008, 08:28 PM

It's already 12:30 am over here and I'm still awake and I hardly can open my eyes. and it seems the first semi isn't going to end any time soon, better still tomorrow is the first day of my masters degree program hopefully I won't fall asleep in class :yawn:

Dinayer
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Давай,Dinara:)
http://s58.radikal.ru/i159/0809/20/6fbd0fa19b57.jpg
by cand

:lol: :hearts:

Dinayer
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:16 PM
:sad:

so many errors by dinara :sad:

but a semifinal its a good result :)

goldenlox
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Not a good day, but winning the USO series and making the USO SF is good. And a silver medal.
Dinara needs a rest. She did very well these last few months

enchantrezz
Sep 5th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Oh well, it wasnt such a heart breaking loss compared to that Beijing finals, lol! The windy conditions really didnt help her, her long swings are not helping her to control it compared to Serena who has compact strokes.And even if she had won her match today, it will be more windy in the next two days so she wasnt really going to do well in the finals.
JJ looking good today IMO :)

Anyway, Dinara is still improving and she will have her moment soon.:angel:

C. Drone
Sep 6th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Dinara was to impatient and furious. No other gameplan just hit harder, and kill every ball. She was a little bit Oafette. :sad:

but congrats, gs SF is great success. Watch out for AO 2009! :D

Kojalaberenc
Sep 6th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Playing GS SF right after the Olympics.. good enough for me! And I think Dina was OK with it too - she was smiling while congratulating her opponent :)
I was happy to be able to see her around again and now I wish her some well deserved days off :hug:

That "Dina the Fighter" pic is awesome! :worship::lol:

Nina.
Sep 6th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Sad to see her lose like this. I think Serena wasn't really the better player, Dinara was just too impatient and was trying to go for too much too early.
Anyways, a GS semi is a great result after an amazing summer for her. Now she better rest properly and then she'll have a good end of the year, I hope.

goldenlox
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Dinara has improved to be in the race for #1.
But to win a major, she has to peak for the semis and final.
She has to be fresh, not tired. Then she has to play much better than on this day.

Amalgamate
Sep 7th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Good tournament Dinara :hug: I think you were just too tired to make it happen.
Now for a major in 2009 :armed:

enchantrezz
Sep 8th, 2008, 04:38 AM
Serena just won USOpen.
And poor JJ, they're feasting on her being number 1 as a joke. Im not a fan of both of them but I dont hate them either. For once, I was rooting for her to win it just to shut up the haters . I mean its not her fault that the ranking system put her on the top.

One can only imagine the rants on Dinara if she ends this year as number 1.