PDA

View Full Version : Makiri in New Haven!

_AlbA_
Aug 17th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Makiri plays in New Haven:D:bounce:

_AlbA_
Aug 17th, 2008, 02:48 PM
DRAW SINGLES
CHAKVETADZE, Anna RUS [1]
BYE

DELLACQUA, Casey AUS
RAZZANO, Virginie FRA

QUALIFIER
CIRSTEA, Sorana ROU

DULKO, Gisela ARG
PENNETTA, Flavia ITA[6]

A. SZAVAY [4]
BYE

QUALIFIER
QUALIFIER

KANEPI, Kaia EST
MAURESMO, Amelie FRA

CRAYBAS, Jill USA
SCHNYDER, Patty SUI [5]

CIBULKOVA, Dominika SVK [8]
WOZNIACKI, Caroline DEN

KIRILENKO, Maria RUS
QUALIFIER

MATTEK, Bethanie USA
PIRONKOVA, Tsvetana BUL

BYE
BARTOLI, Marion FRA [3]

CORNET, Alize FRA [7]
VAIDISOVA, Nicole CZE

QUALIFIER
SREBOTNIK, Katarina SLO

GOVORTSOVA, Olga BLR
KLEYBANOVA, Alisa RUS

BYE
HANTUCHOVA, Daniela SVK [2]

_AlbA_
Aug 17th, 2008, 02:55 PM
MAIN DRAW DOUBLES
BLACK, Cara ZIM
1 HUBER, Liezel USA
VS
DEKMEIJERE, Liga LAT
2 SCHNYDER, Patty SUI

CIRSTEA, Sorana ROU
3 NICULESCU, Monica ROU
VS
JANS, Klaudia POL
4 ROSOLSKA, Alicja POL

DECHY, Nathalie FRA
5 DELLACQUA, Casey AUS
VS
KOSTANIC TOSIC, Jelena CRO
6 KUSTOVA, Darya BLR

UHLIROVA, Vladimira CZE
7 ZAHLAVOVA STRYCOVA, Barbora CZE
VS
KING, Vania USA
8 KUDRYAVTSEVA, Alla RUS

DAVENPORT, Lindsay USA
9 HANTUCHOVA, Daniela SVK
VS
CRAYBAS, Jill USA
10 GOVORTSOVA, Olga BLR

RODIONOVA, Anastasia RUS
11 VOSKOBOEVA, Galina RUS
VS
HUSAROVA, Janette SVK
12 MATTEK, Bethanie USA

KIRILENKO, Maria RUS
13 PENNETTA, Flavia ITA
VS
CECIL, Mallory USA
14 STEPHENSON, Robin USA

LLAGOSTERA VIVES, Nuria ESP
15 MARTINEZ SANCHEZ, Maria Jose ESP
VS
PESCHKE, Kveta CZE
16 RAYMOND, Lisa USA
Plays with Flavia:cool::kiss:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 17th, 2008, 03:30 PM
This time no Dubois. If you look at possible opponents the first round shouldn't be that hard.

Cibulkova and Wozniacki are in a great form, but Maria actually needs it to defeat a good player. That didn't happen lately.

What do you think about Maria playing so much doubles?
Today is the doubles final and maybe she has to play again tomorrow for singles. Then also doubles in New Haven and the next week is the US Open. I'd rather see her skip some tournaments for doubles so she can more concentrate at singles.

Anyway, good luck in New Haven Maria! :bounce:

Dinayer
Aug 17th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Go Maria :D

Nikkiri
Aug 17th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Not the best draw there are some tricky qualifiers plus 2nd round is not easy. But Maria is more than capable of beating either of them just has to really focus and play her best but it's also important she isn't burnt out for the USO. Good luck Maria. :)

Protoss
Aug 18th, 2008, 04:21 AM
Maria's 1st round opponent is #76 Monica Niculescu.

Nikkiri
Aug 18th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Maria won against her last year in Dubai 6-3 6-0 but Monica is a better player now. Good luck Masha :yeah:

Droolv
Aug 18th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Good luck Maria :armed:

Dinayer
Aug 18th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Maria won against her last year in Dubai 6-3 6-0 but Monica is a better player now. Good luck Masha :yeah:

repeat that score please :drool:

Natash.
Aug 18th, 2008, 08:09 AM

Yeah. I'd like to think once you play Monica once, you know what to expect already. :lol: Maria was pretty shocked at what she saw in Dubai.

Repeat that scoreline. :devil: Or win in straight sets. :sobbing: She needs to be aggressive and play her game.

Nikkiri
Aug 18th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Yeah. I'd like to think once you play Monica once, you know what to expect already. :lol: Maria was pretty shocked at what she saw in Dubai.

Repeat that scoreline. :devil: Or win in straight sets. :sobbing: She needs to be aggressive and play her game.

:rolls: Maria :worship: amazing, figured her out and bagelled her :inlove:

Adal
Aug 18th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Tough draw.
Go Maria :bounce:

Nikkiri
Aug 18th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Tough draw.
Go Maria :bounce:

Oh hai :hearts:

Adal
Aug 18th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Hai fellow Makiri fan :inlove:

Nikkiri
Aug 18th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Hai fellow Makiri fan :inlove:

Your banner is so amaze :inlove:

Adal
Aug 18th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Your banner is so amaze :inlove:

kirivanovic
Aug 18th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Maria has a very tough draw but a match against Caro or Domi would be interesting to see.

She'll play in doubles too with Flavia ( I hope Maria won't be tired after this tournament...)

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 18th, 2008, 02:05 PM
I hoped for Martinez Sanchez. But it could be Errani or Kudryavtseva as well, so maybe it's not such a bad draw.

Poova
Aug 18th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Good luck against Niculescu, Maria. :bounce:

Protoss
Aug 19th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Maria plays Niculescu at 10 am. Hmmmph...Maria is playing court 1 not stadium court or the grand stand.

Dinayer
Aug 19th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Go Maria :D

good luck!

Nikkiri
Aug 19th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Theres ATP matches to be played plus Maria isn't seeded. Court 1 is okay. Good luck. :)

Adal
Aug 19th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Good Luck, Makiri. You can do it, babygurl.

Nikkiri
Aug 19th, 2008, 10:41 AM
babygurl :inlove:

SOA_MC
Aug 19th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Another pathetic loss coming up testing my patience:mad: Just play doubles from now on:rolleyes:

Adal
Aug 19th, 2008, 05:06 PM
7-6 2-6 1-6
:sad:

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 19th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Eric VH has made her useless on hard courts :( :sad:

she used to so good on these courts before
at least she's won some small clay titles this yr or else :o

Nikkiri
Aug 19th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Didn't hold serve after leading 2-0 in the second set. I dunno I think something was wrong.

kirivanovic
Aug 19th, 2008, 05:13 PM
I don't like when Maria lose but if it helps her to go far at NYC, it wouldn't be so bad.Maybe she was a bit tired today after her tough battles last week.

The problem is that she'll stay at New Haven for some days cos' she's playing doubles and the 1st match looks quite easy against 2 unknown players.

Maria:hug:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 19th, 2008, 08:31 PM
This loss reminds me at the time that Ana lost against Bammer and the next week to Shvedova. Then losing 1-6 to Peng and I really didn't know what to think anymore.
Now it's with Maria the same. Again a loss I just don't get and it's really frustrating. And I really do hate the reactions like, worst player in top 30, she's pathetic and a mug.

Maria can just do way better than this. I just don't know what the problem is. I still hope for the best but it sometimes makes me desperate.
Ana hit the big thing after that bad period. I wish Maria can do the same, but her history won't give you much hope.

Common Maria show something of what you can really do in NY.

Dinayer
Aug 19th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Maria :sad: :sad: :sad:

Droolv
Aug 19th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Oh Maria :sobbing:

Something is definetely wrong :sad:

Please get it together for the USO :hug:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 20th, 2008, 01:25 AM
Guys, here a fact that may hurt as well.
Maria beat only 1 top 20 player in her last 24 tournaments. We all know who that person is. Maria is close to top 20 and we all read the interviews that she can reach top 15 this year.
If you can only beat lower ranked players and even lose to them now and then, it will almost be a helpless case.

We can only support our girl now and it's frustrating that it's not enough.

dulkogii
Aug 20th, 2008, 02:47 AM
Mariki i cant belive what happend!:(

_AlbA_
Aug 20th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Belated but :help::fiery::sad:Why, Maria?:confused::bigcry:

_AlbA_
Aug 20th, 2008, 06:59 PM
now Makiri and Flavia vs Kveta and Raymond!:scared:

SOA_MC
Aug 20th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Meh I don't care about Maria in doubles anymore she needs to put more energy and focus on fixing her singles game

Nikkiri
Aug 20th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Maybe we should do some jinx thing. Where if she does bad then the person who started the thread doesn't start another :sobbing: Until one of us starts one and she does well, one of us must be Maria's good luck charm :crying2:

_AlbA_
Aug 20th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Maybe we should do some jinx thing. Where if she does bad then the person who started the thread doesn't start another :sobbing: Until one of us starts one and she does well, one of us must be Maria's good luck charm :crying2:

good idea:sobbing::sobbing:

SOA_MC
Aug 20th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Well I'm not starting the US Open thread:tape:

_AlbA_
Aug 20th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Well I'm not starting the US Open thread:tape:

:tape::lol::tape:

Nikkiri
Aug 20th, 2008, 10:13 PM
I've never started one, maybe I should? :p

VIKA?
Aug 20th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Makiri:tape: no words about your match against Niculescu... godd luck in the Us Open:banana:

_AlbA_
Aug 20th, 2008, 10:18 PM

yes:D if you want:p:banana:

SOA_MC
Aug 20th, 2008, 10:18 PM

I just checked Michael_21 started the Australian Open thread Maria did well there we should let him to start the US Open thread

Nikkiri
Aug 20th, 2008, 10:21 PM
I just checked Michael_21 started the Australian Open thread Maria did well there we should let him to start the US Open thread

Opps too late. I haven't seen him around in a while anyways :tape::p

only_one_maria
Aug 21st, 2008, 10:04 AM
You can't read too much into an individual defeat but Makiri has gone 12-16 on hard courts. It's inexplicable. They used to be her best surface. It's 12-18 if you include grass aswell. I know she's practised a lot on clay, but where is the return?

She will always have a loyal fanbase but for now I'm just :confused::sad:

SOA_MC
Aug 21st, 2008, 12:56 PM
You can't read too much into an individual defeat but Makiri has gone 12-16 on hard courts. It's inexplicable. They used to be her best surface. It's 12-18 if you include grass aswell. I know she's practised a lot on clay, but where is the return?

She will always have a loyal fanbase but for now I'm just :confused::sad:

Yes exactly:worship:

I got attacked for questioning and not making an excuses for Maria's loss

You can criticize Maria's play and still be a real fan some people don't understand that

Nikkiri
Aug 21st, 2008, 01:03 PM
Yeah rolling your eyes at her before even knowing what happened during the match is being supportive :worship:

Being worried she may have lost for a reason is not making excuses.

the cat
Aug 21st, 2008, 01:14 PM
Maria should not have played New Haven. She should have spent this week in New York resting and preparing for the U.S. Open instead of suffering another bad loss in New Haven.

SOA_MC
Aug 21st, 2008, 01:21 PM
Yeah rolling your eyes at her before even knowing what happened during the match is being supportive :worship:

Being worried she may have lost for a reason is not making excuses.

Why are you on my back about this? calling me not a normal fan:rolleyes:

Why can't we discuss and not just ignore what is going on with Maria on-court play I mean 4 of Maria's last 5 losses are to players outside the top 50

Nikkiri
Aug 21st, 2008, 01:28 PM
Why are you on my back about this? calling me not a normal fan:rolleyes:

Why can't we discuss and not just ignore what is going on with Maria on-court play I mean 4 of Maria's last 5 losses are to players outside the top 50

I never called you that, That was Adal and he never directed it at you. Get your facts straight.

Its one thing to discuss it when you've actually seen her play and seen what went wrong, but not just roll your eyes call her a mug etc etc. I don't like how some people here are nowhere to be found when she wins but come out and criticize her when she loses.

SOA_MC
Aug 21st, 2008, 01:52 PM
I never called you that, That was Adal and he never directed it at you. Get your facts straight.

Its one thing to discuss it when you've actually seen her play and seen what went wrong, but not just roll your eyes call her a mug etc etc. I don't like how some people here are nowhere to be found when she wins but come out and criticize her when she loses.

Really than who was it directed at? and you played along with it http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=13882766&postcount=1171

I never called her a mug or anyother names where are you getting that from? I said I'm losing patience with her performances lately which I think is fair.

You can't say that about me I'm here when Maria wins and when Maria loses I am for all the players I support.

Now that we know it wasn't Maria who took the injury timeout and also that Maria didn't hold serve once from 2-0 in the 2nd set and 4 of Maria's last 5 losses are to players outside the top 50

Can we discuss what the hell is going on with Maria's play and not just ignore it like it didn't even happen.

This is a tennis board after all right?

Nikkiri
Aug 21st, 2008, 02:14 PM
Really than who was it directed at? and you played along with it http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=13882766&postcount=1171

I never called her a mug or anyother names where are you getting that from? I said I'm losing patience with her performances lately which I think is fair.

You can't say that about me I'm here when Maria wins and when Maria loses I am for all the players I support.

Now that we know it wasn't Maria who took the injury timeout and also that Maria didn't hold serve once from 2-0 in the 2nd set and 4 of Maria's last 5 losses are to players outside the top 50

Can we discuss what the hell is going on with Maria's play and not just ignore it like it didn't even happen.

This is a tennis board after all right?

You're taking everything I said as a personal attack where I'm not directing it all at you. Of course you can discuss it's too bad hardly anyone has anything positive or inspiring to say its all "Maria :rolleyes: you suck". You think you feel bad when she loses, just imagine how she feels.

And the post you brought up well it's a joke.. I thought you had this amazing sense of humor?

SOA_MC
Aug 21st, 2008, 02:46 PM
You're taking everything I said as a personal attack where I'm not directing it all at you. Of course you can discuss it's too bad hardly anyone has anything positive or inspiring to say its all "Maria :rolleyes: you suck". You think you feel bad when she loses, just imagine how she feels.

And the post you brought up well it's a joke.. I thought you had this amazing sense of humor?

Whatever I don't care anymore your not getting it. I'll keep any criticism of Maria to myself from now on.

Have a nice night

King Aaron
Aug 21st, 2008, 07:29 PM
Maria should not have played New Haven. She should have spent this week in New York resting and preparing for the U.S. Open instead of suffering another bad loss in New Haven.
Agreed.