PDA

View Full Version : Western & Southern Financial Group Masters - Cincinnati

ViennaCalling
Aug 10th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Tamira is the 8th seed and will play against Petra Cetkovska (CZE) in the first round.

Best of luck Mimi :kiss: :worship:

joe87
Aug 10th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Good luck Mimi! :kiss:

Kipling
Aug 10th, 2008, 12:37 PM
She can win this tourney!

ViennaCalling
Aug 10th, 2008, 01:24 PM
She can win this tourney!

She would even had a chance at the Olympics i think :sad:

But the most important thing for her is getting some more confidence - she has to defend a 4th Round at the US Open :scared: :hug:

Kipling
Aug 10th, 2008, 02:40 PM
She would even had a chance at the Olympics i think :sad:

But the most important thing for her is getting some more confidence - she has to defend a 4th Round at the US Open :scared: :hug:

True, but she has a very good chance to do that if she stays healthy because I think playing in those conditions in Beijing is going to take a lot out of those players who are playing there, whereas Tamira will get some more rest between matches.

Also, I think one reason why she is playing so much lately is because she knew she had a lot of points to defend at the USO, so she's getting some more in the bank, so to speak.

I like her draw in this tourney. I think she can definitely handle Petrova if they meet in the quarters. Based on what I saw of Montreal, I wouldn't be surprised if she made the finals. But she just needs to focus on one match at a time.

Kipling
Aug 11th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Damn. Tamira just had to retire vs. Cetkovska.

I hope she's OK. There was a break at 0-3 in the 3rd set and I guess she called the trainer. That sucks. But you could see it was like two different matches after the 1st set.

Get better soon, Mimi. Rest up for the US Open.