PDA

View Full Version : Do you think we should get a name change for this forum?

Cp6uja
Aug 5th, 2008, 07:48 PM
I realy think we need to change name of this forum. When we give this Beauty and her Beasts name for Ana forum in 2006 she is about WTA #15 ranked upcoming teenager. But today she is Grand Slam Champion, #1 ranked player and globaly recognized like one of most beautiful womans in the world, not only like one of prettiest girls on WTA tour like two years ago. Also now, when you say Ana, whole world knows about which tennis player you talking, and 2 years ago she is not so known and popularity of Anna (Kournikova) is still there. So now i think "Ana" must be part of her forum name.

Personaly i dont have nothing against Beauty and her Beasts and first time i realy frustrated with this name when i see in february WTAWorld Poll results of Worse names for Player Forums (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=332839&highlight=names) thread where this subforum not only selected like one of options - they won poll easly! I'm already report about that GM poll here, but that is several months ago when Ana still not win slam or reach #1 and i dont have any idea about other new Forum name options. But today is much easy to give some some good proposal. My favorite is:

Queen Ana I (or maybe Queen Ana IV version).

I think that word "QUEEN" in Ivanovic case (which sounds such pretentious in near past) right now suits just perfect when we talking about her place like player and about her looks, status and behavior on and off court. And "Ana I" or maybe "Ana IV" looks so authentic like some queen name. But i must admit that my english is realy not perfect, so maybe if something which seems to me that sound great to me it's not actualy. So if somebody have other proposals - please send, because i realy think that we need new name for this (sub)forum instead Beauty and her Beasts.

So what you think abot this?

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 5th, 2008, 08:09 PM
My favorite is:

Queen Ana I (or maybe Queen Ana IV version).

:unsure:
Sorry Cp6uja, but i vote no way!:p

Cp6uja
Aug 5th, 2008, 08:54 PM
:unsure:
Sorry Cp6uja, but i vote no way!:pThis is actualy Poll about/against Beauty and her Beasts current name and "Queen Ana I" is just one of alternates (my favorite right now). So question of poll is

Do you think we should get a name change for this forum?

and new name will be choosen only if majority says YES. For me personaly no doubt that Beauty and her Beasts is right now "outdated" in Ana case b/c she is now totaly different player with different status in WTA than 2 years ago.

mure
Aug 5th, 2008, 10:16 PM
i don't like Ana being called princess or queen because i'm an anti royalist.."General Secretary Ana" would be a better choice though :cool:

The Daviator
Aug 5th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Yes, I think it should change because I don't think her fans should be referred to as 'beasts'.

My suggestion - 'Ajde! Ajde! Ajde!' :D

Dexter
Aug 6th, 2008, 05:45 AM
Yes, I think it should change because I don't think her fans should be referred to as 'beasts'.

My suggestion - 'Ajde! Ajde! Ajde!' :DSqueaky Fistpump sounds better! :rolls:

I didn't mind actually the name at first, but I don't really like it anymore. Not that I have any idea myself how to name it.

SOA_MC
Aug 6th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Personaly i dont have nothing against Beauty and her Beasts and first time i realy frustrated with this name when i see in february WTAWorld Poll results of Worse names for Player Forums (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=332839&highlight=names) thread where this subforum not only selected like one of options - they won poll easly! I'm already report about that GM poll here.

So what you think abot this?

This again:o Yes I remember the first time you brought this up, do you really the hating on Ana will stop if we changed our forum name?

Forum names mean nothing to me so I won't vote in the poll but if the majority want to change it it's fine by me.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 6th, 2008, 06:16 PM
I've never liked the name, but I still haven't found a better one.
So then it's better to let it stay like this.
The Russians have really cool names. Almost all of them.
Maybe they should give a suggestion.
Of course, not the Ana haters.

dybbuk
Aug 6th, 2008, 07:05 PM
I would like a new name as well. No suggestions right now as to what though.

Danči Dementia
Aug 6th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I like the current name :awww:............but if someone comes with a good new name....

Cp6uja
Aug 6th, 2008, 10:28 PM
This again:o Yes I remember the first time you brought this up, do you really the hating on Ana will stop if we changed our forum name?

Forum names mean nothing to me so I won't vote in the poll but if the majority want to change it it's fine by me.In OP i not says any word about Ana haters, but if you insist, i will tell something now. If forum name not suits anymore for Ana, which is not now teenage beauty and just one of (biggest) tennis prospects like when give current name in 2006 - that is reason for change and haters dont have norhing with that. If current name is bad, that actualy make haters happy, so better and more properly name will irritate they much more, not to stop hating Ana. But if you think that haters is reason why our forum won with such "impressive" difference that WTAW WORSE PLAYERS FORUM NAME poll you are wrong. Why is than on 2nd place one of most popular and more than 2 years inactive player Anastasya Myskina? Simple because many people (including some of her fans) dont like name of her forum here.

BTW, talking about "Haters", i very like how they (over)react on actual GM thread about Ivanovic in Beijing where in thread title is used phrase "New Queen Ana Ivanovic...". So Queen Ana I must be one of serious options to replace "Beauty and her Beasts" if clean majority want changes. Also, i present so far only arguments that Beauty now is not enough to describe Ana and her position in WTA tour which is extremly changed since 2006 - but for me also word "Beasts" is not so perfect about us, Ana fans. Maybe that sounds cool two years ago when Ana is underdog and we want some attention, but now we dont need that kind of promotion anymore. Together with Sharapova and Serena fan basis we are probably already one of most dominant fan-group here, so whole forum knows that we existing so i think that new Ana Forum name this time must be related only to Ana.

SOA_MC
Aug 7th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Cp6uja You don't think Ana would win worse forum name again with the title Queen Ana I?:lol:

doni1212
Aug 7th, 2008, 01:45 PM
I like Beauty and her Beasts, :shrug: :lol:

Cp6uja
Aug 7th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Cp6uja You don't think Ana would win worse forum name again with the title Queen Ana I?:lol:"Queen" is actualy very often nickname which sports journalist like to use for some very successiful female athlete, so i'm in doubt that this name will be nominated at all in some similar poll in future :p
In that poll from february is nominated Beauty and her Beasts (Ivanovic), The Mansion of Princess Chakvetadze (Anna C.), Lucie's Lookout (Safarova), Amazing Athletic Anastasia (Myskina), Devilsova's Dungeon (Vaidisova), Princess Petrova (Nadia) and Dementieva's Garden of Edem (Elena) where all names is "bizzare" from some reason. Only "Princess Petrova" have some similarities with "Queen Ana I" but "Princess Petrova" (unlike "Queen Ana I") have several bags like subforum name:
- In 2008 Petrova is one of oldest players on tour so word "Princess" is simple wrong
- They use Surname instead Name (Should be "Princess Nadia" instead "Princess Petrova) for "Royal Family" member
- According to Petrova career, popularity, looks... words like Queen/Princess not suits so properly (unlike in Ana case).

I think that since Ana reach #1 and GS title, and she is already worlds most popular female (tennis) athlete together with Sharapova and Serena - she needs some new name of her forum here which more suits her status. I realy think that words like "Queen" (we all know what that means) or maybe "(Super)Hero" (she is dominant person in biggest ever WTA tour promotial campaign "Looking For A Hero?") is good options. But first at all i'm sure that "Beauty and her Beasts" is simple outdated in Ana case, and i dont think that is hard job to find some new (better) name for this forum. Even simple "Ana Ivanovic" is better right now (IMO)... or with some phrase like "Ana Ivanovic, one and only"! Many forum names which seems very pretentious in past, now sounds normal for superstar like Ana now so number of properly options for new name is huge now.

DownTheLine21
Aug 9th, 2008, 01:53 PM
A name change could be nice. I'll try to think of some alternatives.

SOA_MC
Aug 11th, 2008, 11:08 AM
O.K. I give up I'll do whatever Cp6uja wants to do:p

slk45
Aug 12th, 2008, 03:12 AM
How about QTπ? ;)

Or maybe just Ana's Court?

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 12th, 2008, 03:29 AM
I like 'The Ivanovicopedia' or maybe, 'Ajde Headquarters', or 'Kingdom of Ajde!'

Reckoner
Aug 12th, 2008, 03:36 AM
I like 'The Ivanovicopedia'

:lol:

I really like that one.

:D

gaviotabr
Aug 12th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Or maybe just Ana's Court?

'Ajde Headquarters''

I like these two.

spiritedenergy
Aug 12th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Some ideas:

NirvANA
SultANA

or

I love MarijuANA :lol:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 12th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Queen Ana's Temple
Ana's Labyrinth of excitement
The Ajde, Fists and Trophy place

Reckoner
Aug 12th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Ana's Labyrinth of excitement

Keep the bolded part and you've got my vote.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 12th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Keep the bolded part and you've got my vote.

That was my first thought. It's ok with me. But since Ana uses that word a lot....

Balltossovic
Aug 12th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Ana Ivanovic and the Forehand of Fire

(Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)

jelenacg
Aug 13th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Ana's Court:):)

doni1212
Aug 13th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Ana Ivanovic and the Forehand of Fire

(Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)

Oooooo, I love this one!!!! :hearts:

luv_sweetAna
Aug 14th, 2008, 04:15 AM
Some of my ideas:

Ivanovic Mania
Ajde Maniacs

I'll think about more...:)

doni1212
Aug 15th, 2008, 03:33 PM
I love MarijuANA :lol:

:lol:

incognito
Aug 15th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Why not simply name it "Ana Ivanovic"? I don't see a reason why it would have to be something more than just her name. All other suggestions are IMO worse than the current name of the forum...

The Daviator
Aug 15th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Puppy Love? :angel:

luv_sweetAna
Aug 16th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Why not simply name it "Ana Ivanovic"? I don't see a reason why it would have to be something more than just her name. All other suggestions are IMO worse than the current name of the forum...

you know what? i agree.

Miss Ana Ivanovic would be fine.

Nikkiri
Aug 16th, 2008, 09:02 AM

:lol: Love it.

spiritedenergy
Aug 25th, 2008, 04:49 AM
Soooo any decision? Who decides for it anyways lol?

dybbuk
Aug 25th, 2008, 10:58 AM

I like it. :inlove:

ms. double fault
Aug 26th, 2008, 12:11 PM
i think the current name's quite creative XD i can't come up with any serious suggestions right now, just kitschy thoughts like "angelic ana", which sounds horrible in my ears, as an alternative *gg*
haha, "puppy love" is quite good as well :)

Cp6uja
Aug 26th, 2008, 09:56 PM
This pool/thread is only about ARE WE NEED TO CHANGE NAME OF ANA's FORUM, OR NOT. If we agree that this Forum needs Name Change (since start most of discussions and poll votes is in that direction) we have time after US Open or after YEC in off-season to select 10 best new name suggestion and than choose one (maybe is best way to choose best 2 of 10, and than create new final poll with just two most popular options).

Biggest problem with current name (IMO) is because they OUTDATED (like I already try to explain in OP). Ana is simple not anymore just talented TOP20 teenager... she is GS winner and one of 18 WTA #1 players. I give in one my post here example of Nadia Petrova also OUTDATED forum name "Princess Petrova" which realy needs to be changed despite if that is good name for her forum in past. She is now one of oldest WTA players and not TOP10 (or TOP3 like in past) so "Princess Petrova" is outdated...

Only word which i think that MUST be part of this forum new name is ANA.

spiritedenergy
Aug 26th, 2008, 10:35 PM
This pool/thread is only about ARE WE NEED TO CHANGE NAME OF ANA's FORUM, OR NOT. If we agree that this Forum needs Name Change (since start most of discussions and poll votes is in that direction) we have time after US Open or after YEC in off-season to select 10 best new name suggestion and than choose one (maybe is best way to choose best 2 of 10, and than create new final poll with just two most popular options).

Biggest problem with current name (IMO) is because they OUTDATED (like I already try to explain in OP). Ana is simple not anymore just talented TOP20 teenager... she is GS winner and one of 18 WTA #1 players. I give in one my post here example of Nadia Petrova also OUTDATED forum name "Princess Petrova" which realy needs to be changed despite if that is good name for her forum in past. She is now one of oldest WTA players and not TOP10 (or TOP3 like in past) so "Princess Petrova" is outdated...

Only word which i think that MUST be part of this forum new name is ANA.

I think her forum is actually "Princess Petrova Palace"... sound like a motel or something :scared: