PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Games

forever_rafter
Jul 22nd, 2008, 05:49 PM
There is a message from our girl on her official website. Go read it while I just quote the last two words of it : "Hello Beijing!"

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Amazing news, have fun Eleni. I'm so happy you feel strong enough to participate :hug: Make some noice :kiss:

Bероника
Jul 22nd, 2008, 06:11 PM
omg yes!!!!! she talked of having a hard time :hug: let's hope the games bring this big cute smile to her face

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce::bounce:

hellas719
Jul 24th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Eleni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And doubles too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And Im in Greece and I'll be here for the olympics so I will probably see her on TV!!!!!!!!!!!

forever_rafter
Jul 25th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Maybe you could record Eleni's matches then for us poor fans who probably won't have a chance to watch her :(

forever_rafter
Aug 7th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Eleni will face Razzano in singles 1st round while in doubles Eleni and Gerasimou will play against Hantuchova and Husarova. Good luck girl!

Elisse
Aug 7th, 2008, 11:32 PM
:bounce: Kali Epitihia Elenaki!!! :bounce:

Great to see our girl back again!!! :hearts: :worship:

Bероника
Aug 11th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Eleni is playing right now.She lost first set 3-6 but in second she has come back from 1-3 to 3 all :D PAMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Bероника
Aug 11th, 2008, 04:47 PM
3-6 3-6 :sad:

oh well,at least she is back on courts :D :bounce:

forever_rafter
Aug 11th, 2008, 06:56 PM
She's back on court and it's a big success itself after such a serious surgery. Welcome back Eleni and enjoy yourself in doubles! :hug:

merda2004
Aug 12th, 2008, 07:13 AM
yes its a big success but she must be very careful after the surgery...and make "baby"steps.
lets hope she will have better luck with her doubles match later today!!!anyone got any pics of eleni from the olympics?

christos
Aug 12th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Here are some photos from Beijing

http://www.efoa.org.gr/view.aspx?anid=1287

Bероника
Aug 12th, 2008, 03:27 PM
thanks a lot christos :worship:

forever_rafter
Aug 12th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Aww, she looks gorgeous :drool: Thank you Christos :hug:

christos
Aug 12th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Welcome!
And from doubles,
http://www.efoa.org.gr/view.aspx?anid=1288

forever_rafter
Aug 13th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Thank you, did they win or lose?

christos
Aug 13th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Unfortunately they lost, to Schnyder/Gagliardi, 6-0 6-4

merda2004
Aug 14th, 2008, 07:17 AM
yea they did.its a shame...
i am a bit worried though that eleni is going to play in the us open. shouldnt she be resting her knee?

forever_rafter
Aug 14th, 2008, 09:57 AM
I have no idea if Eleni is playing USO. Unfortunately I won't be at the US Open, first time in 10 years...

Anybody watched Poland vs Japan womens volleyball at the olympics? We were two sets down, levelled the match and lost in the 5th set tiebreak :sad: On Friday at 6.30 CET we'll play Wenezuela and on Sunday at 6.30 CET last opponent in group A, USA. Still have a chance to qualify to quarterfinals so fingers crossed.

hellas719
Aug 15th, 2008, 04:25 AM
I have no idea if Eleni is playing USO. Unfortunately I won't be at the US Open, first time in 10 years...

Anybody watched Poland vs Japan womens volleyball at the olympics? We were two sets down, levelled the match and lost in the 5th set tiebreak :sad: On Friday at 6.30 CET we'll play Wenezuela and on Sunday at 6.30 CET last opponent in group A, USA. Still have a chance to qualify to quarterfinals so fingers crossed.

OMG! I did and thought of you. I saw the 1st 4 sets and rooted for Poland. I thought of you and how I've been away for a while from this forum. Too bad 4 Poland. Glinka is pretty good. I came back to Ny 2day. I didnt get 2 see Eleni on tv. Only in the newspaper. Nobody in Greece even cares anymore. We still dont have a medal:sad:. I'll check the listings and c if that match is on in NY.

forever_rafter
Aug 15th, 2008, 08:51 AM
OMG! I did and thought of you. I saw the 1st 4 sets and rooted for Poland. I thought of you and how I've been away for a while from this forum. Too bad 4 Poland. Glinka is pretty good. I came back to Ny 2day. I didnt get 2 see Eleni on tv. Only in the newspaper. Nobody in Greece even cares anymore. We still dont have a medal:sad:. I'll check the listings and c if that match is on in NY.

Thanks for rooting for Poland :hug: Don't worry, we don't have a medal either and we sent around 260 athletes to Beijing....I believe we'll get some eventually but so far it's been a disappointment. Today our girls killed Wenezuela and if they beat USA on Sunday they still can advance to 1/4 final. Cheers :wavey:

hellas719
Aug 15th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Thanks for rooting for Poland :hug: Don't worry, we don't have a medal either and we sent around 260 athletes to Beijing....I believe we'll get some eventually but so far it's been a disappointment. Today our girls killed Wenezuela and if they beat USA on Sunday they still can advance to 1/4 final. Cheers :wavey:

I just looked at the schedule, and the game against the USA is on tv. I live in the USA, but I root for Greece first. I will maybe root for Poland, if I am with my friend that is Polish.

forever_rafter
Aug 16th, 2008, 08:36 AM
I just looked at the schedule, and the game against the USA is on tv. I live in the USA, but I root for Greece first. I will maybe root for Poland, if I am with my friend that is Polish.

or maybe you'll root for a prettier team :)

hellas719
Aug 17th, 2008, 02:16 AM
A pic of Eleni in Athens 2004: http://www.nbcolympics.com/tennis/photos/galleryid=119508.html

They put Henin as Belarus and NOT Belgium :lol: what idiots!

forever_rafter
Aug 17th, 2008, 10:14 AM
A pic of Eleni in Athens 2004: http://www.nbcolympics.com/tennis/photos/galleryid=119508.html

They put Henin as Belarus and NOT Belgium :lol: what idiots!

Rogi won gold in doubles :bounce: But we lost to USA 2:3 :sad:

hellas719
Aug 17th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Yes. I am watching it now. Im rooting 4 Poland. The US announcers are sabotaging Poland, particularly Glinka. They are talking about negative statistics caused by Glinka, etc. Poland is a very likeable team, with patriotic fans. They are much smaller than the US, and they're fans know more about volleyball. They are also the unluckiest team in my opinion. Now I see why you like Eleni Daniilidou, her and the Polish volleyball team NEVER give up.

forever_rafter
Aug 17th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Yes. I am watching it now. Im rooting 4 Poland. The US announcers are sabotaging Poland, particularly Glinka. They are talking about negative statistics caused by Glinka, etc. Poland is a very likeable team, with patriotic fans. They are much smaller than the US, and they're fans know more about volleyball. They are also the unluckiest team in my opinion. Now I see why you like Eleni Daniilidou, her and the Polish volleyball team NEVER give up.

Poland has probably the best volleyball fans in the world as opposite to football fans. Eleni reminds me of Glinka and vice versa. They're both fighters with strong characters and at the same time both have such gentleness and warmth in their eyes. They're great human-beings. It's very sad we lost cause we had better ratio than Japan and victory over USA would have given us quarterfinal.

hellas719
Aug 19th, 2008, 06:45 PM
You should've beaten Japan anyway. The only reason you guys lost was b/c they have more experience, especially when they host every possible tournament all the time. Seriously. Why wont they let other countries host events. How selfish. World Championships, every World Cup and every Lusophony Cup. For example, Greece is an international powerhouse in men's basketball. We hosted the WC in 1998, but NOT in 2002, 2006 and will not host it in 2010, but may host it in 2014. See. Thats so selfish.

forever_rafter
Aug 20th, 2008, 12:12 PM
You should've beaten Japan anyway. The only reason you guys lost was b/c they have more experience, especially when they host every possible tournament all the time. Seriously. Why wont they let other countries host events. How selfish. World Championships, every World Cup and every Lusophony Cup. For example, Greece is an international powerhouse in men's basketball. We hosted the WC in 1998, but NOT in 2002, 2006 and will not host it in 2010, but may host it in 2014. See. Thats so selfish.

We should have beaten Japan, that's true. On the other hand, we didn't play that bad. We had extremely strong group. Just consider the fact that in semifinals you have 3 teams from Poland's grup : China, USA, Cuba and only 1 team from other group, Brazil...And Japan is favoured by FIVB indeed. At least European Championships 2009 in womens volleyball will be held in Poland, but probably only because Japan is not european country :lol: