PDA

View Full Version : Tennis champion offspring?

Jakeev
Jul 19th, 2008, 10:27 AM
My brother was asking me the other day if there were any kids of famous tennis players that were winning on the tennis tour today and when he asked me, I didn't have an answer for him. I guess I never had really thought about it before.

I guess it's because I realized I don't think as of yet, a single famous tennis player has produced a child prodigy that has either done better or at least as good as their own career.

I know of one kid and that was Fred Stolle's son Sandon who won the U.S. Open doubles titles in 1998; but after him, I still can't think of any at least in the Open era.

We will probably see it in the next 15 years; but for now, is anyone surprised that we have not seen kids of famous players do well on tour?

tennnisfannn
Jul 19th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Taylor dent atp, his father was a successful player.

3Dcool
Jul 19th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Wow... never thought of it.
I would say that tennis is lots about genetics so it would probably be important.
We see many parents who coach their children, but they all weren't successful players before ):

Pheobo
Jul 19th, 2008, 01:22 PM
wait until steffi's kids get older.

NeeemZ
Jul 19th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Sandon Stolle is the only player I can think of who had success in the same area as his father. He got to No.2 in the world for doubles and I believe that his father Fred got 15 GS doubles titles himself.

Shakira4000
Jul 19th, 2008, 02:53 PM
The Suk family.

Cyril Suk II - was President of the Czech Tennis Federation
Vera Sukova - married Cyril II, was a Wimbledon finalist in 1962

They had two children:

Cyril Suk III - successful doubles player who won the US Open doubles in 1998 + 31 other titles
Helena Sukova - four-time major finalist in singles, career high #4 in singles; in doubles, she has 14 grand slams (womens + mixed) and has the career slam in women's doubles. Highest ranking #1 in doubles.

Pretty successful family.

Jakeev
Aug 1st, 2008, 03:31 AM
The Suk family.

Cyril Suk II - was President of the Czech Tennis Federation
Vera Sukova - married Cyril II, was a Wimbledon finalist in 1962

They had two children:

Cyril Suk III - successful doubles player who won the US Open doubles in 1998 + 31 other titles
Helena Sukova - four-time major finalist in singles, career high #4 in singles; in doubles, she has 14 grand slams (womens + mixed) and has the career slam in women's doubles. Highest ranking #1 in doubles.

Pretty successful family.

Yes but as of now though.