PDA

View Full Version : Taking a laptop onto court - frowned upon?

baleineau
Jul 19th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Do you think it would be frowned upon to take a laptop onto the court during a match? You see, I'm not good at doing the analysis of what's happening, why I'm winning, why I'm losing etc. during the match. Often I drive home after a loss and think "jeez, did I even try a single drop shot?". What I have developed is an access database full of tactical options and other match strategies which I can query according to the type of court, opponent, how I'm playing, how he's playing etc. The problem is that msot matches I play are against people I have never met and know nothing about. The only scouting I can do takes place in the 5-10 minutes warm-up. I'm not a good note-taker and have tried notes to myself.

I ask because I have seen pros refering to notes during a match. Would it be cheeky/excessive to consult my access database at changeovers uding my laptop? Or am I within my rights to do as I please and should not be embarassed to be seen to be trying to win so badly....???

What are your thoughts?

416_Man
Jul 19th, 2008, 02:56 AM
It's illegal. No electronic devices can be used or accessed on court during a match.

It'd be no different than calling balls that hit the baseline out.

baleineau
Jul 19th, 2008, 11:53 AM
at recreational level??? so you could not take your ipod out there and listen to music at the changeover? i think you misunderstand. it's for my own matches.