Pfff

Fuck WTT!

Uranium
Jul 18th, 2008, 04:46 PM
:bigcry:
hopefully she plays Montreal then...

jonny84
Jul 18th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Shame we dont get to see this years wimbledon winner play. Maybe Venus is saving herself for the Olympics.

jimbo mack
Jul 18th, 2008, 04:48 PM
thats a shame :(

but not surprising

Dawn Marie
Jul 18th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Well she needs to rest and let her enjoy giving back to tennis. Venus won her 7th slam(WIMBY)as a fan she can do practically whatever the hell she wants to do and I would be okay with it. :-)

vadin124
Jul 18th, 2008, 04:49 PM
who nees Vee when you can have Meng

Marshmallow
Jul 18th, 2008, 04:50 PM
It's a shame, but Vee has been V. busy of late, I'd rather she's rested for Montreal and thereafter than maybe taxing her body too much. Don't want to see steam coming out of her ears AGAIN during the hard court season.

Hope it's not because of injury though, please someone post details. :scared:

Michael!
Jul 18th, 2008, 04:51 PM
as exptected....
she will withdraw from Montreal too :(

She is always injured after Wimbledon :tape:

Marshmallow
Jul 18th, 2008, 04:56 PM
as exptected....
she will withdraw from Montreal too :(

She is always injured after Wimbledon :tape:

Speculation or insider info? I hope she doesn't pull out there. :scared:

Michael!
Jul 18th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Speculation or insider info? I hope she doesn't pull out there. :scared:

speculation :tape:

I just think that Venus won´t play in Canada...:lol:

drake3781
Jul 18th, 2008, 05:02 PM
who nees Vee when you can have Meng

:spit: :lol:

Direwolf
Jul 18th, 2008, 05:03 PM
maybe its the thumb??

Marshmallow
Jul 18th, 2008, 05:03 PM
speculation :tape:

I just think that Venus won´t play in Canada...:lol:

*Relief* Well Venus usually plays at least one US North American hardcourt event after a Wimbledon... I think hope she'll be there. I mean she's found some form, she's high on confidence, she really should have a crack at it.

Cat's Pajamas
Jul 18th, 2008, 05:05 PM
This is so annoying. :o

Venus quit playing worthless World Team Tennis. NO ONE cares about BJK's pointless invention. All we ever hear about is how tired you are afterward and then this happens. :mad:

tennnisfannn
Jul 18th, 2008, 05:08 PM
expected, I don't think she has sat down since wimby. Let serena do the run around.

dawid
Jul 18th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Venus and Serena not often playing in the same event:p

Viktymise
Jul 18th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Playing L.A, Montreal and Beijing in the space of 4 weeks was poor scheduling. I'm guessing Venus came to her senses.

kwilliams
Jul 18th, 2008, 05:14 PM

Venus quit playing worthless World Team Tennis. NO ONE cares about BJK's pointless invention. All we ever hear about is how tired you are afterward and then this happens. :mad:

I have the utmost respect for BJK and what she did for the tour but I have to agree with what you said. Apart from a little promotion for tennis and allowing some people a look at some big tennis stars, people who wouldn't ordinarily get to see pro tennis, I just don't see the point in WTT.

I wish that Venus would either not participate or BJK would move the date because Venus does it out of loyalty to her. If it is possible for BJK to change the date I think she should out of loyalty to Venus. She's always the biggest star to participate in WTT.

I hope Venus plays Montreal to protect the ranking points she will lose from San Diego and also to give her some prep before Olympics/USO. I think Venus' record in Canada is sparse but surprisingly unimpressive so it'd be nice to see her improve upon it.

Maybe Venus elected to pull out of LA and play Montreal because that way the sisters won't play until the Olympics at the earliest??? Maybe?

itzhak
Jul 18th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Wimbeldon 2009, here I come.....

Uranium
Jul 18th, 2008, 05:16 PM
I just realized with Venus pulling out that means Venus and Serena won't get the doubles practice they wanted before the Olympics at LA:(

Destiny
Jul 18th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Bloody hell

What now??:fiery:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 18th, 2008, 05:18 PM
is she just out of singles, or is she out of doubles too?

Uranium
Jul 18th, 2008, 05:21 PM
is she just out of singles, or is she out of doubles too?

that's what i am wondering, because in Sydney 2001 she only played doubles and not singles.

Vincey!
Jul 18th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Hopefully she'll play Montreal :unsure:...We don't need a bunch of withdrawals like in the past years :o

tennnisfannn
Jul 18th, 2008, 05:35 PM
I just realized with Venus pulling out that means Venus and Serena won't get the doubles practice they wanted before the Olympics at LA:(
considering that they have one practice match every 5 years before winning a slams double, i would not be too worried. They just came off winning wimbledon and have the advantage oof knowing each other well, most players would be teaming up with country mates not necessarily players they are used to playingwith.

Uranium
Jul 18th, 2008, 05:37 PM
considering that they have one practice match every 5 years before winning a slams double, i would not be too worried. They just came off winning wimbledon and have the advantage oof knowing each other well, most players would be teaming up with country mates not necessarily players they are used to playingwith.

O I am not worried, I just want them to play more doubles, because I like them playing doubles:p

backslapu
Jul 18th, 2008, 05:38 PM
i need proof. where is this coming from?

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 18th, 2008, 05:44 PM
TBE is as reliable as God essentially :shrug:

ce
Jul 18th, 2008, 05:45 PM
:sad:

soomaal
Jul 18th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Evidence???

I'm still suspicious about this 'withdrawal'. But even if that was the case, I'm in too minds about it. Vee does need the rest cuz she has been busy with tv appearances, travelling and all that WTT crap that wastes her valuable energy - all cuz BJK thought it best to do it straight after Wimbledon. Although Venus is the only person who ever turns, actually roddick, serena and lindsay too, but still :mad::mad::mad:

Secondly, Vee could have done with keeping the good form going because i'll be madder if she loses it due to bad scheduling thanks to BJK etc.

Come back strong for Olympics, Montreal and US Open (cuz my girl is going to win them all, god willing :angel:).

~Eclipsed~
Jul 18th, 2008, 06:09 PM
I have a feeling she withdrew so she could play Montreal and avoid her sister again because we all know Serena isn't going to play three weeks in a row.

Smart scheduling if you ask me. :yeah:

mal
Jul 18th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Come back strong for Olympics, Montreal and US Open (cuz my girl is going to win them all, god willing :angel:).

There may be problems flying in to Beijing. Apparently the air port is going to be closed for a few hours. I was supposed to be going...(I'm the owner of Dragon and Cathay pacific airlines, and Dragon and Universal fireworks, ) but there is a hold up with the airlines giving me a letter of accreditation, so I'll have to skip them, maybe make it to the London ones.

hankqq
Jul 18th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Venus has traveled a lot in the last 2 weeks, from WTT to tv/radio interviews. Girl's really been working it. When you win 5 Wimbledons, you're going to get a lot of attention. She probably didn't feel that she adequately prepared for L.A. Honestly, I'm disappointed, but this means she'll be fully fit and prepared for the bigger Montreal event.

Hopefully Serena will still play L.A. and not Montreal.

Uranium
Jul 18th, 2008, 06:36 PM
There may be problems flying in to Beijing. Apparently the air port is going to be closed for a few hours. I was supposed to be going...(I'm the owner of Dragon and Cathay pacific airlines, and Dragon and Universal fireworks, ) but there is a hold up with the airlines giving me a letter of accreditation, so I'll have to skip them, maybe make it to the London ones.

why are you so weird?:o

mal
Jul 18th, 2008, 06:37 PM
why are you so weird?:o

Why are you so stupid?

Uranium
Jul 18th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Why are you so stupid?

I'm not stupid, but you obviously are, especially your captions:o
barely anything you say makes sense and people laugh at you:o

Craig.
Jul 18th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Why? :bigcry:

ladydiana
Jul 18th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Venus needed to pull out of LA. She's been going none stop since her Wimbledon win and she has to rest and attend to her businesses.

Infiniti2001
Jul 18th, 2008, 06:51 PM

Aren't you tired of sounding like an escaped psych ward patient?:rolleyes: Meanwhile , please show up in Montreal Miss Vee :p

starin
Jul 18th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Prolly a smart move on Venus' part. no need to play sooo much. She's not 20 anymore. And after Wimbledon, WTT and her mini press tour she does afterwards she's got to be tired. HOpefully she plays montreal but i highly doubt it she never plays Montreal. She always enters but never plays.

Now if only you could convince your sister to cut back on her crazy schedule

In The Zone
Jul 18th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Prolly a smart move on Venus' part. no need to play sooo much. She's not 20 anymore. And after Wimbledon, WTT and her mini press tour she does afterwards she's got to be tired. HOpefully she plays montreal but i highly doubt it she never plays Montreal. She always enters but never plays.

Now if only you could convince your sister to cut back on her crazy schedule

I love how we complain that they never play.

And now we complain they play too much.

How about ... we just let them live and find the positives in whatever they choose? Like nice, supportive fans? :)

frontier
Jul 18th, 2008, 07:31 PM
thats a good idea she needs to rest after a whirlwind of media stops....good on you Vee you deserve a breather:bounce:

vw.
Jul 18th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Damn. That kinda sucks. At least it won't suck AS MUCH when she withdraws from Montreal.

friendsita
Jul 18th, 2008, 09:38 PM
well, so let's wait til the olympics!

Venus Forever
Jul 18th, 2008, 09:39 PM
First, I think it's a smart move on Venus' part, however, I think it was stupid for her to schedule WTT, LA, Montreal, and the Olympics so soon after Wimbledon.

Personally, I wish she would just not participate in WTT, or do ONLY the required home match, and skip LA anyway for the rest. Sometimes I just don't understand why she schedules her events the way she does. You think she would, or someone on her scheduling team, would have learved by now.

Rest up Vee, and go and win Montreal AND, more importantly, the Olympics and the US Open!! :D

Rex59
Jul 18th, 2008, 09:55 PM

Totally agree. Why waste your time with the equivalent of a potato sack race at a family picnic. Commit to the Tour.

Bijoux0021
Jul 18th, 2008, 09:57 PM
First, I think it's a smart move on Venus' part, however, I think it was stupid for her to schedule WTT, LA, Montreal, and the Olympics so soon after Wimbledon.

Personally, I wish she would just not participate in WTT, or do ONLY the required home match, and skip LA anyway for the rest. Sometimes I just don't understand why she schedules her events the way she does. You think she would, or someone on her scheduling team, would have learved by now.

Rest up Vee, and go and win Montreal AND, more importantly, the Olympics and the US Open!! :D
Co-sign.

soomaal
Jul 18th, 2008, 10:04 PM
I've yet to see the source guys???????:o:o:o:o:o

mb011
Jul 18th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Shame we dont get to see this years wimbledon winner play. Maybe Venus is saving herself for the Olympics.

she is more likely saving herself for Wimbledon 2009, same as these past few years...

frontier
Jul 18th, 2008, 10:13 PM
she is more likely saving herself for Wimbledon 2009, same as these past few years...At least she is smart
enough to know where her strengths are,and maximize that potential.Unlike some players who chase points throughout the world.Venus is the biggest earner at one event this year,she earned $1.650 000,00 at one event how about that.... some players earn this money all their career.:p

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jul 18th, 2008, 10:14 PM
LMAO, Venus has played a total of FOUR summer hardcourt tournaments in four years. Remember when Venus used to DOMINATE the summer hardcourts? Oh well.

V's a star
Jul 18th, 2008, 10:34 PM
theres still nothing official..............
And she will be playing Montreal because its her mandatory event of the year

Il Primo!
Jul 18th, 2008, 10:39 PM

Ditto:rolleyes:

LindsayRulz
Jul 18th, 2008, 10:52 PM
I don't think the WTT has anything to do with Venus' withdraw. I mean, she played a couple of five points sets playing at 10% against some weak opponents... Anyways, I hope she'll be fine for Montréal. :)

frontier
Jul 18th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Leave the girl alone she hasnt found time to count the pounds she made in England....she is probably at a beach in Malibu savouring her historic win....cant blame her .She is not sub-serviant to the tour.

-VSR-
Jul 18th, 2008, 11:22 PM
:sad:

Zweli
Have a good rest Venus,looking forward to see you on court again.

tennnisfannn
At least she is smart
enough to know where her strengths are,and maximize that potential.Unlike some players who chase points throughout the world.Venus is the biggest earner at one event this year,she earned $1.650 000,00 at one event how about that.... some players earn this money all their career.:p
Tipsaravic has made 1.4ml his entire career despite ATP paying higher at all their events:lol::lol:

V-MAC
Jul 18th, 2008, 11:23 PM
I guess that means we won't expect Vee to show up in Montreal too then :p I suppose she is conserving of all of her energy for the Olympics and US Open.

winone23
Jul 18th, 2008, 11:46 PM
I'm not really sad in this b/c Venus needs the rest.

Venus Forever
Jul 18th, 2008, 11:58 PM
And for those who don't believe that Venus has withdrawn, well, her name and picture have been removed from the tournament's website where they list the players who are participating.

Rest up Venus, and go for the GOLD and US Open!!

:banana: :bounce: :yippee:

frontier
Jul 19th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Tipsaravic has made 1.4ml his entire career despite ATP paying higher at all their events:lol::lol:
Thats why Tipsy is very bitter that women are running all the way to the bank....he made all the calculations since he is a mad professor but guess who had the last laugh.I think the sisters are very savvy at making money within the tour and they maximize all the opportunities when necessary.:wavey:

kiwifan
Jul 19th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Rest up Venus, and go for the GOLD and US Open!!

:banana: :bounce: :yippee:

That's all that matters right now, the Gold and the Slam.

:cool:

Noctis
Jul 19th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Errrrr Wtf Withdrawing from LA Everyone hardcourt season=bad start

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jul 19th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Then she kinda has to play Montreal if she wants good practise.