PDA

View Full Version : Serena becomes extremely "serious" now!

Lin Lin
Jul 18th, 2008, 05:55 AM
Look at her schedule now: This week Standford,then Los Angeles and Montreal, Beijing, USO. :eek::eek::eek:

This may be the busiest Serena since 2003, probable she wants to be No1 again.
I personally hope she could win all these titles later this season and become really serious on tennis. :bounce::bounce:After all, her tennis time is limited.:angel::angel:

RenaSlam.
Jul 18th, 2008, 05:57 AM
Hell yeah.

Go Rena.

tennnisfannn
Jul 18th, 2008, 06:04 AM
at this rate she is winning the series. Once uopn a time I would have gone 'your right! but after she did the berlin rome double, i guess i can believe it. Are you sure about Montreal??

Lin Lin
Jul 18th, 2008, 06:13 AM
Of course, Serena confirms to play Rogers Cup very early, I am not sure whether she will quit some.

Kovalchuk
Jul 18th, 2008, 06:40 AM
the Last Hurrah

serenus_2k8
Jul 18th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Of course, Serena confirms to play Rogers Cup very early, I am not sure whether she will quit some.

No she isnt in Montreal :wavey:

the Last Hurrah

??????????????????

starred06
Jul 18th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Don't think serena is playing in Montreal. :o

darkangel23
Jul 18th, 2008, 08:25 AM
She will withdraw anyway one of those tournaments!

The Kaz
Jul 18th, 2008, 08:30 AM
:banana: Burnout time!!!

Watching
Jul 18th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Not playing Montreal but even then I think she should pull out of LA - 2 tournaments before the US is enough..

jjlove
Jul 18th, 2008, 09:24 AM
To me she is definitively going for number 1 spot. After Justine's retirement I only see her as the one able of dominating the women's tour.

frontier
Jul 18th, 2008, 10:16 AM
the Last HurrahSerena has five years of playing tennis so dont get your hopes up....why do people wish for Serena s retirement she is just 26yrs not 35yrs,there are a lot of older players ahead of her like Sugiyama,Schnyder,momo,petrova,dementieva,and many others...

kaktusino
Jul 18th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Serena has five years of playing tennis so dont get your hopes up....why do people wish for Serena s retirement she is just 26yrs not 35yrs,there are a lot of older players ahead of her like Sugiyama,Schnyder,momo,petrova,dementieva,and many others...

Dementieva and Petrova 26 too. :rolleyes:

flyingmachine
Jul 18th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Look at her schedule now: This week Standford,then Los Angeles and Montreal, Beijing, USO. :eek::eek::eek:

This may be the busiest Serena since 2003, probable she wants to be No1 again.
I personally hope she could win all these titles later this season and become really serious on tennis. :bounce::bounce:After all, her tennis time is limited.:angel::angel:

I must wonder is it something to do with Justine's retirement? That makes her so seriously about it now.

Il Primo!
Jul 18th, 2008, 10:58 AM
If she doesn't play Toronto then it's all good.

She'll win at least Stanford :angel:

frontier
Jul 18th, 2008, 11:08 AM
I must wonder is it something to do with Justine's retirement? That makes her so seriously about it now.
why should she care about Justine she has her own legacy to think of.Justine cowardly left the tour and is now a distant memory.She was no.1 when Justine was on tour and she obviously set her goals for 2008 and like every athelete she wants to fulfill them ....

flyingmachine
Jul 18th, 2008, 11:18 AM
why should she care about Justine she has her own legacy to think of.Justine cowardly left the tour and is now a distant memory.She was no.1 when Justine was on tour and she obviously set her goals for 2008 and like every athelete she wants to fulfill them ....

I don't think this is a cowardly desision. She was at the top of game. I think is a lot harder to quit when you are at the top. But she did. If you asked about cowards why don't asked about Capi, Mary, Seles for that. Who havn't play for ages.

LCS
Jul 18th, 2008, 11:21 AM
at this rate she is winning the series. Once uopn a time I would have gone 'your right! but after she did the berlin rome double, i guess i can believe it. Are you sure about Montreal??

At this rate she'll withdraw every other tournament after the USO due to injury...:rolleyes::wavey:

Dorcas Monjimbo
Jul 18th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Oh! that would be wonderful if she actually plays all the tournaments and if she wins most of them, then her place as number one is around the corner. I wish her luck.

Bounty Hunter
Jul 18th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Just play your best, keep healthy and win the USO... That's all I want... :) Give the rest to the dogs... :lol:

frontier
Jul 18th, 2008, 11:27 AM
I don't think this is a cowardly desision. She was at the top of game. I think is a lot harder to quit when you are at the top. But she did. If you asked about cowards why don't asked about Capi, Mary, Seles for that. Who havn't play for ages.Justine has a history of running away from situations when the going gets tough,she ran away from her family for years,she ran away from Pierre back into her family s arms,she quit on Momo in Australia,she ran away from tennis when the going got tough....she is sorta Runaway bride

mila_mail
Jul 18th, 2008, 11:33 AM
will rena play rogers cup?

is it true?

cuz it doesn't appear in the schedule

Geisha
Jul 18th, 2008, 11:34 AM

Serena didn't win Berlin.

I think this schedule is horrible and I hope she pulls out of at least one tournament. She plays well on the hardcourts, but she needs to skip one of these tournaments. Although I am Canadian and would love to watch her on television from Montreal, she should skip that. She played three consecutive weeks last year, and ended up busting her knee. She needs to be smart about her scheduling - it is fine to play three events between Wimbledon and the US Open, but not four, and she still needs to make sure she's playing the right ones at the right time.

She shouldn't have played WTT. I know they do wonders for that league, but Venus and Serena are both professionals and at the top of their games. They need to support the Tour that is getting the most recognition. Serena should have played Stanford, Los Angeles, Beijing, and New York, and take a million weeks off to rest.

Hardiansf
Jul 18th, 2008, 11:45 AM
I don't care about the other tournaments. I just want her to win Olympic and USO back to back.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 18th, 2008, 11:48 AM
she's not in montreal...why does everyone think she is??? its not on her website...its not on the official site..:confused:

frontier
Jul 18th, 2008, 11:53 AM
she is only playing LA then Olympics...no Montreal

Pureracket
Jul 18th, 2008, 12:13 PM

I think this schedule is horrible and I hope she pulls out of at least one tournament. She plays well on the hardcourts, but she needs to skip one of these tournaments. Although I am Canadian and would love to watch her on television from Montreal, she should skip that. She played three consecutive weeks last year, and ended up busting her knee. She needs to be smart about her scheduling - it is fine to play three events between Wimbledon and the US Open, but not four, and she still needs to make sure she's playing the right ones at the right time.

She shouldn't have played WTT. I know they do wonders for that league, but Venus and Serena are both professionals and at the top of their games. They need to support the Tour that is getting the most recognition. Serena should have played Stanford, Los Angeles, Beijing, and New York, and take a million weeks off to rest.Why do people keep insisting she's playing Montreal?

Lin Lin
Jul 18th, 2008, 01:22 PM
I really really hope Serena can win Olumpic and USO,and be #1 at the end of the year.

Bijoux0021
Jul 18th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Justine has a history of running away from situations when the going gets tough,she ran away from her family for years,she ran away from Pierre back into her family s arms,she quit on Momo in Australia,she ran away from tennis when the going got tough....she is sorta Runaway bride
:worship::worship::worship:

Bijoux0021
Jul 18th, 2008, 02:11 PM
I don't think this is a cowardly desision. She was at the top of game. I think is a lot harder to quit when you are at the top. But she did. If you asked about cowards why don't asked about Capi, Mary, Seles for that. Who havn't play for ages.
You're so pathetic. Those players you named didn't run from the game because they were cowards. They were/are all injured. Justine, on the other HAND, is a coward. There's no question about that.

Dawson.
Jul 18th, 2008, 02:21 PM

she was never due to play rogers cup

i dont think she should play as much. whenever she does she gets injured and has to pull out of events. like last year; stuttgart, moscow, zurich, YEC - injured in zurich, had to retire in YEC

tennnisfannn
Jul 18th, 2008, 02:30 PM

The point I was making was Serena played two tournies back to backsomething I do not remember her doing that in a very long time. You would have to go all the way back to 02/03 to get that.

kwilliams
Jul 18th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Although I know Serena could have the perfect summer, be healthy and win half (or more) of the tournaments she is entered in...I know this isn't that likely and I kinda hope she skips Montreal (if she is even entered in it) so that she stays fit, healthy and fresh.

kwilliams
Jul 18th, 2008, 02:41 PM
The point I was making was Serena played two tournies back to backsomething I do not remember her doing that in a very long time. You would have to go all the way back to 02/03 to get that.

Weren't Stuttgart and Moscow back to back last year? In fact didn't she play Stuttgart, Moscow and Zurich all in a row (I know she withdrew in her first round match in Zurich but she still turned up and played some).

Petersmiler
Jul 18th, 2008, 03:07 PM
You're so pathetic. Those players you named didn't run from the game because they were cowards. They were/are all injured. Justine, on the other HAND, is a coward. There's no question about that.

There's no question? In your tiny brain maybe. Some of us are a little less judgemental.

kinseh
Jul 18th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Now that Justine is gone, she has figured out that it's the perfect time to go after the no. 1 ranking. :angel:

Destiny
Jul 18th, 2008, 03:25 PM
don't care as long as she plays for 7 more years:)

Pureracket
Jul 18th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Now that Justine is gone, she has figured out that it's the perfect time to go after the no. 1 ranking. :angel:From the results of their last match, it looks like Serena was going after the #1 ranking when JH was still playing.

Lin Lin
Jul 18th, 2008, 03:32 PM
what does this thread have to do with Justine?

Pureracket
Jul 18th, 2008, 03:33 PM
what this thread has to do with Justine?About as much as it has to do with Serena playing Montreal.

Bijoux0021
Jul 18th, 2008, 03:56 PM
There's no question? In your tiny brain maybe. Some of us are a little less judgemental.
Could it be doping? :wavey:

Petersmiler
Jul 18th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Could it be doping? :wavey:

I'm sure it could be. I very much doubt it is though. I bet you dream every night about Larry Scott announcing that she was doping during her career.

Now try and imagine someone said that about Serena or Venus. How would you react?

In with anger, out with love.

LindsayRulz
Jul 18th, 2008, 04:25 PM
:banana: Burnout time!!!

Said the Jankovic's fan :tape:

Direwolf
Jul 18th, 2008, 04:41 PM
3 tournaments before the USO is quite cool actually....

shes hungry...
and she needs to eat these players up...!!!

hopefully...
it would be like the summer of 2000...
where the sisters got to each finals

Lin Lin
Jul 18th, 2008, 05:00 PM
where is my another thread about Serena's weight?

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 18th, 2008, 05:16 PM
All i have to say is No mercy Serena williams...take them all out. I want her to get the Olympics..she will have the complete collection if she wins that in singles

young_gunner913
Jul 18th, 2008, 05:55 PM
She could rack up a hell of a lot points with all the tournaments that she's scheduled to play. Hopefully she doesn't push herself too hard and she stays healthy. Please stay healthy Ree. :hug:

Geisha
Jul 18th, 2008, 06:02 PM
All i have to say is No mercy Serena williams...take them all out. I want her to get the Olympics..she will have the complete collection if she wins that in singles

She would have the CAREER GOLDEN SLAM in singles and doubles, plus the Year-End Championships, Rome, Miami, and Indian Wells!

starin
Jul 18th, 2008, 07:12 PM
if she wins stanford i say withdraw from LA.

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 18th, 2008, 07:22 PM
At this rate she'll withdraw every other tournament after the USO due to injury...:rolleyes::wavey:
okay you bitch about her NOT playing tournaments, and now that she IS you are being negative. geez.:help:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 18th, 2008, 08:33 PM
9 matches in 2 weeks in the same time zone? :shrug: That's not too bad.

She's not playing Montreal, but I DO think that she should play doubles with Venus in either LA or Montreal to get ready for Beijing. They didn't really face any particularly stiff competition, so it'd be nice to see them get some more matches under their belts.

danieln1
Jul 18th, 2008, 11:13 PM
She has a realistic shot of being number 1, but Montreal is very strange... she isn´t playing there! She should win Stanford and LA!

frenchie
Jul 18th, 2008, 11:16 PM
LOL

That's the first time Serena's fans want her to withdraw!
We spent years and years wanting her to play more tournies!!!

frontier
Jul 18th, 2008, 11:19 PM
She knows her body better than we do,she has not had significant injuries since she started playing a lot.She will stop when her body tells her no.

Zweli
Jul 18th, 2008, 11:38 PM
She knows her body better than we do,she has not had significant injuries since she started playing a lot.She will stop when her body tells her no.

I agree with you Lol.

Bijoux0021
Jul 18th, 2008, 11:43 PM
I'm sure it could be. I very much doubt it is though. I bet you dream every night about Larry Scott announcing that she was doping during her career.

Now try and imagine someone said that about Serena or Venus. How would you react?

In with anger, out with love.
Unlike Justine, Venus and Serena don't have a history of CHEATING and LYING to win. :wavey:

mal
Jul 18th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Unlike Justine, Venus and Serena don't have a history of CHEATING and LYING to win. :wavey:

Not true. I love Venus like myself, but Serena has a large bank account, and a long history of lying and not paying her debts, (cheating).

Bijoux0021
Jul 19th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Not true. I love Venus like myself, but Serena has a large bank account, and a long history of lying and not paying her debts, (cheating).
What does Serena owe you? And when did she lie to you? Also, can you name the other people that she owes "debts" to?

felipe2004
Jul 19th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Serena will be number #1 without any slam! That is something nobody thought she was capable of! :lol:

mal
Jul 19th, 2008, 04:59 AM
What does Serena owe you? And when did she lie to you? Also, can you name the other people that she owes "debts" to?

Are you serious? :rolleyes:

:topic::help:

Okey Dokey, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and a straight answer. Check my signature, and this site, to find out what my company (Dragon) does.http://store.digitalriver.com/store/scsoftAP/Content/pbPage.AU_talkTest?resid=qKDOHQoHAigAAFXpFcYAAAAG&rests=1216432055437

I own Dragon.. Dragon owns sun, and Sun microsystems, Microsoft is distributing Sun software illegally, so customers who use the internet must pay me for the browser software, and thus far, Serena included, they have declined to do so. Simple really.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/legal/01-25sun.mspx
http://www.sun.com/lawsuit/summary.html

http://bg.sun.com/suntrademarks/
http://www.javascriptkit.com/javatutors/primer1.shtml

I'm not wanting to take this forum off topic, but it seems to me these are rich people who can afford to pay me, and they either don't want to, or have chosen to not do so because they presume that I'm already rich enough, and therefore don't deserve to be paid, and have decided to go on the attack against me, thinking I will just give up, or that they can defame me, and get away with it.
I need the income, so until I get paid, I'm poor like all the other hopeless cases who use the internet in ignorance. $2,000 is nothing to most people, and the software has a life time guarantee. they should try to understand that Microsoft know it did wrong, and they are benefiting from stolen intellectual property.

I believe that knowing they are wrong is putting some of them off their game, but I'm very serious and resolute..

Optima
Jul 19th, 2008, 05:06 AM

Because everyone knows talking helps you win tennis matches :D

DOUBLEFIST
Jul 19th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Are you serious? :rolleyes:

:topic::help:

Okey Dokey, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and a straight answer. Check my signature, and this site, to find out what my company (Dragon) does.http://store.digitalriver.com/store/scsoftAP/Content/pbPage.AU_talkTest?resid=qKDOHQoHAigAAFXpFcYAAAAG&rests=1216432055437

I own Dragon.. Dragon owns sun, and Sun microsystems, Microsoft is distributing Sun software illegally, so customers who use the internet must pay me for the browser software, and thus far, Serena included, they have declined to do so. Simple really.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/legal/01-25sun.mspx
http://www.sun.com/lawsuit/summary.html

http://bg.sun.com/suntrademarks/
http://www.javascriptkit.com/javatutors/primer1.shtml

I'm not wanting to take this forum off topic, but it seems to me these are rich people who can afford to pay me, and they either don't want to, or have chosen to not do so because they presume that I'm already rich enough, and therefore don't deserve to be paid, and have decided to go on the attack against me, thinking I will just give up, or that they can defame me, and get away with it.
I need the income, so until I get paid, I'm poor like all the other hopeless cases who use the internet in ignorance. $2,000 is nothing to most people, and the software has a life time guarantee. they should try to understand that Microsoft know it did wrong, and they are benefiting from stolen intellectual property.

I believe that knowing they are wrong is putting some of them off their game, but I'm very serious and resolute..

Okay, a couple of things.

1. If you own Sun Microsystems, Dude, your rich! I think I actually owned some of your stock at one time :scratch:

2. How do you know Serena doesn't use a Mac? And don't give me that "but she did that commercial stuff..."(I know you're not that naive.

3. I was gonna buy Dragon Speak a while back, but a friend flag me off and said it didn't work. I have a small digital recorder that is SUPPOSED to be compatible with your 'ware so I could upload my vocal notes to it and SUPPOSEDLY get text back.

4.Can a brotha' borrow some cash, Money bags? ;) :lol:

(but seriously, give me some money) :unsure:

Mrs. Peel
Jul 19th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Serena is pissed she lost Wimbledon. She is going to try and win every goddamned thing now. Look out. :eek:
I think she has more to show.