PDA

View Full Version : Does Wozniak wear Adidas Stella McCartney?

Droolv
Jul 17th, 2008, 11:08 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/45/fullj.c0b1bcb8764abd3432c901b645066d13/c0b1bcb8764abd3432c901b645066d13-getty-77856010jj004_bank_of_the_w.jpg

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/633/6a0e82f9fff6ccc821f670ffbacc6a10-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros.jpg

:shrug:

Ryan
Jul 17th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Yeah she does, she was wearing it at RG too. You can buy it anywhere, and she's not sponsored so why not go classy? ;)

goldenlox
Jul 17th, 2008, 11:40 PM
It's possible that once Kirilenko is finished with an outfit that other adidas girls have the option of wearing it.

Fretchap
Jul 17th, 2008, 11:41 PM
It's possible that once Kirilenko is finished with an outfit that other adidas girls have the option of wearing it.

She (Wozniak) wore the same dress as Kirilenko at the French Open.

http://www.aleksandrawozniak.com/DataFile.asp?num=614&size=2

Marshmallow
Jul 17th, 2008, 11:57 PM

Is that true? How did Maria get the MacCartney deal in the first place? Why her instead of Ana or someone like that? On MariaK the outfits don't get all that much exposure at all on the big stage.

[S@nti]
Jul 18th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Is that true? How did Maria get the MacCartney deal in the first place? Why her instead of Ana or someone like that? On MariaK the outfits don't get all that much exposure at all on the big stage.

From what I've heard Stella chose Maria herself

hablo
Jul 18th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Nice outfit for Wozniak.

Happy that she got beat Bammer again. :banana:

(can't find a thread about that win, so I'm celebrating here :o)

Vincey!
Jul 18th, 2008, 01:35 AM
Yeah she does, she was wearing it at RG too. You can buy it anywhere, and she's not sponsored so why not go classy? ;)

Aleks is actually sponsored by Adidas :confused: I heard somewhere that she was wearing that dress by Stella with a special permission or something

vw.
Jul 18th, 2008, 01:48 AM
If she is sponsored, why is she covering the Adidas logo on the dress with a patch? I know Iris is one of her main sponsors, but it could go on the other side, while the Sony Ericsson patch could go on her visor.

Vincey!
Jul 18th, 2008, 01:50 AM
If she is sponsored, why is she covering the Adidas logo on the dress with a patch? I know Iris is one of her main sponsors, but it could go on the other side, while the Sony Ericsson patch could go on her visor.

She only covers it on the Stella McCartney 's dresses, when she was wearing the normal Adidas outfits she didn't cover it, and she also has the Adidas visor :shrug:

mal
Jul 18th, 2008, 01:55 AM

I think Puma has the rights to sports shoes, but they cannot use the ones with branding on them for the Olympic Games.
I have a pair with "cell" technology, (not sure if they own it or pay royalties however), and it has yellow and blue striped tabbing (branding), and laces which run in loops around the ankle, which is distinctive, and therefore considered "branding" and illegal for the games. They also have plastic 'hard' inserts in the soles.

vw.
Jul 18th, 2008, 01:56 AM
Ah I see. Ya, im looking on getty and her clothes from French Open, Miami had the Adidas logo. And looking even furthur back, it looks like she had Reebok before.

Anyway, great that she's in the Quarters, hope she can make a good run in Montreal!

Anik
Jul 18th, 2008, 02:24 AM
Wozniak is sponsored by Adidas
Adidas logo is on the back on her dress

Vincey!
Jul 18th, 2008, 02:35 AM
Wozniak is sponsored by Adidas
Adidas logo is on the back on her dress

That's actually not so true, there is a logo right underneath the Iris'logo...but yeah there is another Adidas'logo in the back I think

Shakira4000
Jul 18th, 2008, 02:52 AM
Sponsorship is such a complicated issue :lol:

Anik
Jul 18th, 2008, 02:54 AM
That's actually not so true, there is a logo right underneath the Iris'logo...but yeah there is another Adidas'logo in the back I think

it's Wozniak's sister who told us for her stella dress and after aleks confirmed she's sponsored by adidas...
Iris is not at the same place than adidas on kirilenko dress!!? you really saw adidas on stanford pics?

Vincey!
Jul 18th, 2008, 02:57 AM
it's Wozniak's sister who told us for her stella dress and aleks confirmed she's sponsored by adidas...
Iris is not at the same place than adidas on kirilenko dress!!? you really saw adidas on stanford pics?

I know that Dorota said that, but I think she is wrong about the Logo. Look at the pic of Kirilenko, the logo of Adidas is where the Iris'logo on Aleks dress. Aleks is sponsored by Adidas, I think. Didn't Hugo asked her about the Stella McCartney's outfits on WtaQuébec?...I think he did, but I don't remember what she said...I asked to Hugo about it but no news yet.

Edited:...OMG! you're right, it's not at the same place :eek:..really close but not the same place..then it's not the same dress :confused:...well yeah it is but why doesn't she have the logo on the same place :confused:

Anik
Jul 18th, 2008, 03:10 AM
I know that Dorota said that, but I think she is wrong about the Logo. Look at the pic of Kirilenko, the logo of Adidas is where the Iris'logo on Aleks dress. Aleks is sponsored by Adidas, I think. Didn't Hugo asked her about the Stella McCartney's outfits on WtaQuébec?...I think he did, but I don't remember what she said...I asked to Hugo about it but no news yet.

Salut Hugo, pour répondre à ta question.Je suis commandité par adidas et je suis dans le fashion (travaille) donc, j'ai l'honneur de porter cette robe par la grande designer Stella.Je ne peux dire plus pour l'instant.

Merci.

Aleks

Edited:...OMG! you're right, it's not at the same place :eek:..really close but not the same place..then it's not the same dress :confused:...well yeah it is but why doesn't she have the logo on the same place :confused:

bon finalement ;)
anyway, habituellement, Dorota est assez bien informé...

Vincey!
Jul 18th, 2008, 03:14 AM
Salut Hugo, pour répondre à ta question.Je suis commandité par adidas et je suis dans le fashion (travaille) donc, j'ai l'honneur de porter cette robe par la grande designer Stella.Je ne peux dire plus pour l'instant.

Merci.

Aleks

bon finalement ;)
anyway, habituellement, Dorota est assez bien informé...

ouais, c'est bien d'avoir des connections :devil:...Anyway la réponse d'Aleks est tellement vague lol...

Anik
Jul 18th, 2008, 03:15 AM
ouais, c'est bien d'avoir des connections :devil:...Anyway la réponse d'Aleks est tellement vague lol...

:lol:

exposbabe
Jul 18th, 2008, 03:29 AM
She told me at the French Open that she'd be wearing them this year (that was the first event).
But she didn't wear them for every match. If memory serves, I believe she was wearing a regular adidas dress for the match against Zvonareva. But I'd have to look at the photos.

She had been with Reebok prior to 2008. The adidas was supposed to kick in at the beg. of 2008, but she was wearing their stuff at the Bell Challenge in late October.

P.S. I believe that's a photo I took that is posted earlier in this thread. Looks as though it was taken from her web site. All of those photos posted are property of my newspaper and cannot be published on the site. They must be removed.

There are plenty more of her from the Grand Slams this year at www.opencourt.ca

Vincey!
Jul 18th, 2008, 03:35 AM
She told me at the French Open that she'd be wearing them this year (that was the first event).
But she didn't wear them for every match. If memory serves, I believe she was wearing a regular adidas dress for the match against Zvonareva. But I'd have to look at the photos.

She had been with Reebok prior to 2008. The adidas was supposed to kick in at the beg. of 2008, but she was wearing their stuff at the Bell Challenge in late October.

P.S. I believe that's a photo I took that is posted earlier in this thread. Looks as though it was taken from her web site. I hope I was given due credit on the site.

There are plenty more of her from the Grand Slams this year at www.opencourt.ca

I don't think she's making herself her website :p...and yeah she's wearing regular Adidas outfits too, earlier this week she had some.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 18th, 2008, 03:35 AM
Sponsorship is such a complicated issue :lol:

:eek: Its even more confusing than the Organic Chemistry thread:haha:.

exposbabe
Jul 18th, 2008, 03:38 AM
It doesn't matter who manages the site. The photos must be removed.

drake3781
Jul 18th, 2008, 03:40 AM
Almost all Adidas Stella McCartney clothes have no logo on the front. It's on the back.

What Maria is wearing must be specially made/logo'ed for her. For some reason on hers, they put it on the front, but that's hers only.

drake3781
Jul 18th, 2008, 03:41 AM
... and if it helps, she wore regular Adidas at Indian Wells. The outfit with the bright colors and the dots.

Vincey!
Jul 18th, 2008, 03:41 AM
It doesn't matter who manages the site. The photos must be removed.

I know, that's not what I was saying lol...just that you seemed to accuse her to use your picture :p...contact the website manager ;)

Vincey!
Jul 18th, 2008, 03:44 AM
... and if it helps, she wore regular Adidas at Indian Wells. The outfit with the bright colors and the dots.

Well someone asked her personally what was up with those Stella McCartney's dress and she said that she was working with the fashion staff of Adidas and that she was allowed to wear the Stella's dress which was an honor for her and that she couldn't comment more ;)...someone also said that she told him/her that she was alterning btw Stella and regular Adidas stuff. Just earlier this tournment she was wearing the same outfits as Wozniacki in white and blue and the one with Orange and white

exposbabe
Jul 18th, 2008, 03:47 AM
I know, that's not what I was saying lol...just that you seemed to accuse her to use your picture :p...contact the website manager ;)

Je n'accuse personne. Je sais qu'elle est trop occupée à gagner des matchs de tennis ces temps-ci pour travailler un site web. ;)

JeLeNaJfAn
Jul 18th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Aleksa looks great in Stella´s Dress

Tennisation
Jul 18th, 2008, 08:42 AM
she bought that shit herself:lol: