PDA

View Full Version : Looking Ahead To Cibulkova V.S. Sugiyama

Sorana_Cirstea
Jul 17th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Ok, so. . . After a rather surprising defeat of Dani last night, I must say I am disappointed to see the match pan out this way. None the less, I give my regards to Dani, in hopes of her playing well again some day soon. : )

I love Dominika to death, but I do not honestly know what to expect in this match. She plays well, and she has a really good game. But her opponent is probably one of the most streaky players that I have ever seen. Ai has a good game, and she always plays the best that she can. But that is exactly the problem. She either plays well, or she plays badly; I don't know what to expect from her anymore. I really hope that Domi pulls this out, but it is hard to tell going into her match against Ai "Streaky" Sugiyama.

ASP0315
Jul 17th, 2008, 02:10 PM
i'm looking forward to this match.
there are going to a lot of long rallies and it is just a matter of who hold nerves in this match. ;)

Sorana_Cirstea
Jul 17th, 2008, 02:19 PM
That is very, very true. I think that Domi can take advantage of Ai's streakiness. If Ai plays streaky. But like I said, you can never tell with Ai. I think that Ai is a very well accomplished player, and that she has had a lot of good results. But Domi is young, and she has a drive unlike any other I have seen. I don't think she will be going down easy. : )

jonny84
Jul 17th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Surprise semi-finalist here at Stanford then. Good opportuinity for both players.

Sorana_Cirstea
Jul 17th, 2008, 02:42 PM
If Domi can get past Ai, she has an amazing chance at the final. She will play Anna Chakvetadze in the Semi's most likely, and she has beaten her before. I will have my fingers crossed for Domi to make her way to the final.

sammy01
Jul 17th, 2008, 03:02 PM
this match up is one ai will not like against domi, she loves playing a dani style player who she can take her hard shots early redirect them and expose dani's lack of movement, as long as dani dosen't play amazingly well and hit ai off the court that match up will always favour ai. as for against domi, its a match i think sugi will feel she has to be the agressive player and will make errors, i predict domi in straight sets!

Sorana_Cirstea
Jul 17th, 2008, 03:09 PM
All the Domi enthusiasm makes me want to cry. Haha. Well, not really. But it is good to see that others are starting to have the belief in her that I do.

ASP0315
Jul 17th, 2008, 04:15 PM
hey dude why don't you create poll.?

RenaSlam.
Jul 17th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I wouldnt say that Ai's win over Hantuchova comes as a surprise.

She was 5-0 against Daniela on hardcourts entering the match. Daniela has not played much recently; has been injured in addition to this.

Sorana_Cirstea
Jul 17th, 2008, 04:41 PM
That is true. And in a sense, that is sad. Because I bet there aren't even 20 people that can tell you of Ai's success against Dani. But Ai will have a definite challenge on her hands in Domi, and I think that Domi being aggresive, and giving every point her all or nothing, will be a little too much for the Japanese Vet. Domi has so much energy; and it is going to be a real challenge for Ai.

pcrtennis
Jul 17th, 2008, 05:51 PM
I like Ai's chances.

Also, how is Ai a streaky player? I don't understand...to most people she seems streaky (oh yeah at age 33) because you act surprised every time she wins matches...she's been steady this year...

starin
Jul 17th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Ai will prolly lose. It's going to be a running match, w/ lots of long rallies. Cibulkova's youth will win her the match. I can't see Ai outlasting Cibulkova in a running match.

Sorana_Cirstea
Jul 17th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Yeah. That is true. She is crafty, and she has a good game, but she can't last in a running match with Domi. She has good speed herself, but Domi and her speed will seem almost like another level to Ai.

Natash.
Jul 17th, 2008, 09:12 PM
I think Domi might actually be the more aggressive player. Her vs Jankovic, what great hitting that was. :drool: We'll see who decides to go for their shots and who won't. Both might decide to play more steady.

Dawson.
Jul 18th, 2008, 01:07 AM
i expected sugiyama to beat hantuchova, but i cannot see her beating cibulkova. i hope im wrong, i really do, but im expecting an easy win for cibulkova

young_gunner913
Jul 18th, 2008, 02:27 AM
Ai will prolly lose. It's going to be a running match, w/ lots of long rallies. Cibulkova's youth will win her the match. I can't see Ai outlasting Cibulkova in a running match.

Um have you ever seen Ai play a match? She is very fast and can run around consistantly. She's keeps herself in good shape and rarely gets injured. So I hope she can give Domi a run for her money but I think Domi will win.

Sorana_Cirstea
Jul 18th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Today is the day! : )

And they are the frst match on court, as well.

I am really, really pulling for Domi.

I would love her to see her make it to the semi's.

bad_angel_109
Jul 18th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Um have you ever seen Ai play a match? She is very fast and can run around consistantly. She's keeps herself in good shape and rarely gets injured. So I hope she can give Domi a run for her money but I think Domi will win.Yep I agree. Ai's a veteran and she's played a lot of doubles matches throughout her career, quick and smart around the net too. Tho I hope and want Domi to win...and seek vengeance against Ai's win over Dani. :devil:

RenaSlam.
Jul 18th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Rooting for Ai.

Sorana_Cirstea
Jul 18th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Ai has so much personality, and so much to her.

But I just really, really want this win for Domi.

I love the way Ai energizes the crowd, but to me it is more about the overall game to me. And I just really like Dominika's more.