PDA

View Full Version : Domachowska - next Martina Muller?

Wojtek
Jul 17th, 2008, 10:36 AM
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/590/Marta8.jpg

Polish super star Marta "Mini Serena" Domachowska beat only two top 50 players in last two years :rolleyes::rolleyes:

2007 Domachowska - Julia Vakulenko(1) 3-6 :tape::tape:
2008 Domachowska - Na Li(24) 2-6 6-2 6-4

This week she lost 16 06 to 15 years old girl.

In whole career she haven't won against top 10 player on the tour, she had only two wins against top 20 players and she was very close to top 30. :rolleyes:

She beat Zuluaga in Linz (indoors- very fast court) and she beat Smashnova in Sopot.

Do you think she can be next Martina Muller in the future?

Discuss

Josh.
Jul 17th, 2008, 11:16 AM
I don't get the "mini Serena" tagline, is that something she said or her fans said or.. :confused:

slavicpower
Jul 17th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Aww poor Marta, lucky she's so hot

Boreas
Jul 17th, 2008, 11:22 AM
She barely plays challengers, so she isn`t qualified for being Mueller:p

Wojtek
Jul 17th, 2008, 11:23 AM
I don't get the "mini Serena" tagline, is that something she said or her fans said or.. :confused:

her tits

Josh.
Jul 17th, 2008, 11:24 AM
her tits

:spit: Noted.

mashamaniac
Jul 17th, 2008, 11:27 AM
She's far better than muller both tennis wise and looking wise!! no comparison here...

mashamaniac
Jul 17th, 2008, 11:29 AM
her tits are unique among all female players...

LudwigDvorak
Jul 17th, 2008, 11:35 AM
The unfortunate part is that she's extremely talented. Her problem, though? Shot selection. Technically, her game is very solid and fluid. I'd even say her forehand is fantastic. Aside from her volleys, nothing needs drastic work, but she has to think better out there.

Also, she seems prone to having absolutely horrible days where she gets wiped out. She doesn't know how to win ugly. When her shots are clicking together? No doubt she'll win. But that doesn't happen often enough for any athlete in this sport.

I really like her. She's essentially a lesser Dementieva, how could I not :lol:, but I'm not giving up yet.

Aryman3
Jul 17th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Wojtek, stop this personal vendetta. It's a shame.

slavicpower
Jul 17th, 2008, 12:02 PM

why is he so agianst her?

Wojtek
Jul 17th, 2008, 12:42 PM

no i love her :lol:

AndreConrad
Jul 17th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Wojtek asked Marta out and she said he is too small :shrug:

Wojtek
Jul 17th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Wojtek asked Marta out and she said he is too small :shrug:

No she said: i already had whole polish Davis Cup team in my bed, now i need a swimmer :lol:

Dawson.
Jul 17th, 2008, 12:55 PM
muller has never reached the forth round of a slam as a qualifier. and domachowska doesnt play $25ks :shrug:

shrOOf
Jul 17th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Well, Müller already beat: Peer(#15), Schnyder(#9), Tanasugarn (#21), Coetzer, Schett,Schiavone... ;)

Cp6uja
Jul 17th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Marta started 2004 out of TOP250 but before march 2006 when started her crisis/slump she colected more than 30 TOP100 wins and reach WTA TOP40. Than she have deep slump and at last USO she is about #200, but this season she have one of better comebacks on tour and already is close to TOP50 so no reason for complanations b/c one or two pathetic loses.

AndreConrad
Jul 17th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Marta started 2004 out of TOP250 but before march 2006 when started her crisis/slump she colected more than 30 TOP100 wins and reach WTA TOP40. Than she have deep slump and at last USO she is about #200, but this season she have one of better comebacks on tour and already is close to TOP50 so no reason for complanations b/c one or two pathetic loses.

100% agreed... I was lucky enough that the matches I have seen Marta play were exceptional as far as the level of tennis is concerned and the drama of the match. They were one of the most enjoyable to watch. The only thing that still holds true is that Marta seems to continue to have problems with her "mental" side. It was the reason for her slump and it is the major contributor to most of her losses this season which is still relatively good. I am saying relatively because from what I saw she is capable of doing far better than that. Her mental problem is not that she gives in to the pressure; as she stated in one of her interviews she has 1000 thoughts on her mind and it is easily distracted from the match. If she can address this issue we will have a great player to watch... if not Wojtek will have many opportunities to make fun of her :shrug:

Highlandman
Jul 17th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Well, Müller already beat: Peer(#15), Schnyder(#9), Tanasugarn (#21), Coetzer, Schett,Schiavone... ;)

Yep, but when it is about Martina, many people forget that all pretty fast! ;)

People often forget:

a. Martina already been #51 in 2002.
b. That she re-entered Top-100 already back to 2006 ;)

Yep & she beat Schnyder & Peer in two sets :) So I don't get it why there should be sthg. to compare them both in that point.

Malva
Jul 17th, 2008, 02:01 PM
She's far better than muller both tennis wise and looking wise!! no comparison here...

No comparison in any department, agreed.

Dave.
Jul 17th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Marta, a few years ago was someone who regularly won tour matches- made at least the 2R of most tournaments she played with a few QF-SF aswell. She is capable of being a steady player on the tour if she gets her game back together on a regular basis.

Malva
Jul 17th, 2008, 03:11 PM
I really wouldn't make much ado about her first round qualifiers loss to de Brito. The latter was obviously very well prepared for the tournament, totally acclimatized. Just the opposite goes for Marta.

aguy9797
Jul 17th, 2008, 04:15 PM
beautiful girl, big talent, unfortunately, seems she won't be able to reach her potentials...those demons in her head!

SVK
Jul 17th, 2008, 04:22 PM
ee...Martina Muller is irreplaceable.;)

akephon35695
Jul 17th, 2008, 04:39 PM
I'm not muller's fan but sometimes many people so underrated her.We should give her some credit that she was a pro which not easy to reach there.

Adrian.
Jul 18th, 2008, 08:43 PM
no way:mad:

Natash.
Jul 18th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Marta is much more talented in my opinion. She loses a lot of her matches because she is very inconsistent. Has a great first serve and big groundstrokes. She also possesses some touch of her own. Hit some beautiful dropshots against Venus at the Aussie Open.

Slutati
Jul 18th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Marta is hot, I love her :inlove:

partbrit
Jul 18th, 2008, 10:50 PM
The unfortunate part is that she's extremely talented.

I agree. It is so frustrating to watch Marta. One moment, she's brilliant, the next, she can't seem to figure out what to do on the court. She has always been that way, too. There's a mental problem.

I will never think of her again, though, without thinking of the first round of this year's Family Circle Cup, when she played Radwanska in one of the nearest-to-perfect matches I've ever seen. It was a pity one of them (Marta) had to lose.

Malva
Jul 18th, 2008, 10:53 PM
I will never think of her again, though, without thinking of the first round of this year's Family Circle Cup, when she played Radwanska in one of the nearest-to-perfect matches I've ever seen. It was a pity one of them (Marta) had to lose.

Anybody knows where to find that match recorded?

adam_ads_n
Jul 18th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Wojtek - next anzela? :p

Seriously - if she was mentally stronger, she would surely be in top 20. She still made quite a good comeback, and I hope she will show her best in LA, Montreal and Olympics!

LudwigDvorak
Jul 18th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Anybody knows where to find that match recorded?

It wasn't. There was no camera on the court. Partbrit and I both had the pleasure of watching that match live in person. That match single-handedly turned me into a fan of both players. I have to agree with her--one of the best matches I have ever seen.

I don't even do autographs much, but I got the autographs of both girls. :eek:

beatlessub
Jul 18th, 2008, 11:44 PM
she looks like ashley tisdale

Malva
Jul 19th, 2008, 01:53 AM
It wasn't. There was no camera on the court. Partbrit and I both had the pleasure of watching that match live in person. That match single-handedly turned me into a fan of both players. I have to agree with her--one of the best matches I have ever seen.

I don't even do autographs much, but I got the autographs of both girls. :eek:

I am rarely envious but what you, partbrit, and (there was a third forum member there -- I forgot who), describe makes me really envious...