PDA

View Full Version : Jelena Jankovic News and Articles Thread, vol 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

JadeFox
Jan 27th, 2009, 07:57 AM
the age blog

She's not even going shopping? Good! My bitchslaps have done their jobs then.

And yes I am a girl, last I checked.:lol:

ce
Jan 27th, 2009, 11:29 AM
on her official web site next tournament is Dubai :sad:
so i guess no Fed cup for Jelena :sad:

Snex
Jan 27th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Her web administrator is a jerk! He also wrote that she will play in Doha from 4 December 2008 and did not correct that even though one guy asked him to do that. I wonder how he published that post. Then, I found such things on her web site (on 28 October 2008) that I could not believe my eyes. I immediately sent him a post to correct that and, fortunately, he corrected. Look at this:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/610/uzasgm8.jpg

And this:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6767/svastazt2.jpg

There are also many other senseless sentences, but I didn't want to inform him :o because he publishes only those posts in which her fans wrote: "I love you", "You are the best" and other similar phrases. He never publishes posts that contain anything else than support and expression of affections! BTW, Fed Cup is not a tournament, and I'm deeply assured that she'll show up.

Brena
Jan 27th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I think that you should avoid articles from that web site. Their articles are full of gossip, and they consist of various lies and speculations. Just one more tabloid with the staff that's trying to earn some coin presenting various sensations. Perhaps only 20% of their articles meet the reality (only reports). Besides, they prefer Ana, and always will write such things about JJ. Fortunately JJ does not read their shit.

I don't think that Jelena wants that much money from the TSS. She's aware that many people in her country live on the edge of existence with 200 or 250 Euros per month. She also took part in a number of humanitarian activities in Serbia. If you find something in Blic or other normal Serbian magazine then you can believe (at least 75%).

Yep.

дalex
Jan 27th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Well, Blic (http://www.blic.rs/sport.php?id=76147) also has an article about FC issue titled "We offered Jelena as much as we can afford to" though it doesn't exactly mention that she's asking for more. President of the Serbian Tennis Association says he thinks that there's a better chance JJ will play against Japan than not. So, we'll have to wait and see.

Snex
Jan 27th, 2009, 01:32 PM
If she does not show up I'll join my son... I hope she'll come. I can imagine reaction of her haters in Serbia. Moreover, she'll lose a great number of fans here. However, I would go to support our girls no matter who plays. I wouldn't ask for a single coin to play for my country. I would be proud to be invited!

ms_nut
Jan 27th, 2009, 02:21 PM
If she does not show up I'll join my son... I hope she'll come. I can imagine reaction of her haters in Serbia. Moreover, she'll lose a great number of fans here. However, I would go to support our girls no matter who plays. I wouldn't ask for a single coin to play for my country. I would be proud to be invited!

:confused::confused: Why is this Fed Cup Drama still going on?? Why on earth would JJ not want to play Fed cup in Serbia of all places?:tape::help:... Maybe she mistakenly thinks champions have to have more haters...:kiss::kiss:Well you don't have to worry about that JJ.. you're not #1 anymore.. please go and play Fed Cup .:o.

Dorien.
Jan 27th, 2009, 02:51 PM
What a story :eek:
It's just the same like some years ago in Belgium :p Will they play or not?

ce
Jan 27th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Her web administrator is a jerk! He also wrote that she will play in Doha from 4 December 2008 and did not correct that even though one guy asked him to do that. I wonder how he published that post. Then, I found such things on her web site (on 28 October 2008) that I could not believe my eyes. I immediately sent him a post to correct that and, fortunately, he corrected. Look at this:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/610/uzasgm8.jpg

And this:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6767/svastazt2.jpg

There are also many other senseless sentences, but I didn't want to inform him :o because he publishes only those posts in which her fans wrote: "I love you", "You are the best" and other similar phrases. He never publishes posts that contain anything else than support and expression of affections! BTW, Fed Cup is not a tournament, and I'm deeply assured that she'll show up.

:tape::help::tape:

MaBaker
Jan 27th, 2009, 04:20 PM
I just can't believe that money is the problem for JJ (not) playing FC. There is something else going on probably, but Serbian press will keep writing wathever they want, no matter if it's true or not. For me, Jelena doesn't have to prove anything anymore, when it comes to our fc team...

Brena
Jan 27th, 2009, 04:41 PM
I just can't believe that money is the problem for JJ (not) playing FC. There is something else going on probably, but Serbian press will keep writing wathever they want, no matter if it's true or not. For me, Jelena doesn't have to prove anything anymore, when it comes to our fc team...

That's the way I see it too. Scandalmongering is what Serbian press does best. And the readers' commnets on the Press' site are ridiculous - people don't seem to realise that JJ (or Novak or Ana) are not public property. And how easily they've forgotten all the (silly) things JJ did for the national team in the past.

-NAJ-
Jan 27th, 2009, 07:46 PM
http://www.blic.rs/sport.php?id=76245

I will for Serbia in the "Arena"

http://www.blic.rs/_customfiles/Image/slike/2009/01_januar/28/sport/jankovic-jelena-x.jpg
If there was any dilemmas will play Jelena Jankovic in the meču FED Cup against Japan, it is no more after its statement. The best in the world teniserka column for daily Ejdž "clearly poručila to have planned arrival in Belgrade of the game that is played in the" Belgrade Arena "7 and 8 February.

After Australia, returned to the house, but I will first talk with the coaches about coming plans. More than certain that I will play in FED Cup for Serbia against Japan, the match for the first time held in Belgrade. Never before we played FED Cup match in Serbia. This is a historic moment and a great thrill for me. Rejoices me that I play in front of their fans - je Jelena.

Mony
Jan 27th, 2009, 07:54 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES She will play
Thnks The Age and you NAJ :D

-NAJ-
Jan 27th, 2009, 07:55 PM
it's quote from her blog for "The Age" but Blic published that today Hmm

they had the same blog yesterday but they did not published till now

louisa.
Jan 27th, 2009, 11:49 PM
:woohoo:

Foon_JJ
Jan 28th, 2009, 04:51 AM
Source http://www.blic.rs/sports.php?id=3739

Sports
Turmoil in Serbia Fed Cup team
‘This is all we can offer Jelena’
Author: D. Plavsic

Serbian Tennis Federation president Slobodan Zivojinovic has said it is realistic to expect Jelena Jankovic will decide to play for the Serbia Fed Cup team in a World Group II 1st round tie against Japan. However, Zivojinovic it is beyond the federation and it is solely down to Jankovic to decide whether to appear in the Belgrade Arena on 7 and 8 February.

- “It would be an honour for us if Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic played together for the national team. It’s all exclusively up to them, though. They may be exhausted or have problems with injuries. Unfortunately, both of them have been knocked out of the Australian Open in the early stages and that will most probably influence their plans about the choice of next tournament to appear at. Jelena has said herself she would discuss everything with her associates and come to a decision. When she returns to Belgrade, we will call a press conference and explain everything. At the moment I think she more likely to play than not,” says Zivojinovic.
Jelena Jankovic has yet to sign a three-year contract with the Serbian Tennis Federation, while Ivanovic has, conversely, already done so. Jankovic is expected to sign the deal before the new Fed Cup season starts, while last season she received €150,000 for the contract. Given both Serbian stars managed to climb to the WTA position No. 1, Ivanovic and Jankovic will receive a bonus from the Federation of another €150,000 each.
- “We offered exactly the same terms last season. We at the Federation have done all we can and it’s our maximum. We are currently engrossed in the organization of the Fed Cup event, which is a huge job. All is going smoothly for now, while the president of the ITF, Francesco Ricci Bitti, has announced he will be present at the tournament,” says Slobodan Zivojinovic.
If Jelena Jankovic returns to Belgrade from Melbourne by the end of the week, that will be a clear sign the Serbia Fed Cup team will boast its best line-up for the tie against Japan. The current WTA No. 1 has said she will be coming to Belgrade only if playing for Serbia is one of her plans for the season.
- “Whether I play for Serbia or not will be decided by my team after the talks with the Federation reps,” Jankovic told the Melbourne media.
Zivojinovic returned from the USA on Monday, while further negotiations can be expected to take place by the end of the week.

Mony
Jan 28th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Yes I know it NAJ
Do you know if the Fed Cup matches are braodcasted?!

-NAJ-
Jan 28th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Do you know if the Fed Cup matches are braodcasted?!
Yes. on RTS 2 probably
RTS have the right to show FED cup and Devis cup

MaBaker
Jan 28th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Never in doubt :angel:

Associated, you still want to give those tickets away ? ;)

-NAJ-
Jan 28th, 2009, 12:57 PM
JJ on CNN. Now

MaBaker
Jan 28th, 2009, 01:07 PM
^She is such a star :inlove:

Brena
Jan 28th, 2009, 01:59 PM

Is the ''Jelena, kozo'' banner ready?

Snex
Jan 28th, 2009, 02:01 PM

No, no. I was only disappointed by her defeat and wrote anything (and I felt better after that), but I also wrote that I'll go to support our girls no matter who plays. To be honest, Jelena really deserves our appreciation for her results in the Fed Cup Team. She brought our team in the World Group. But, to be a 100% honest, Ana's matches saved us in Budapest as well :shrug:. Brena, forgive me please... :tape: When they play for the country then we must support them all.

Snex
Jan 28th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Ah yes, I'll post the links to her matches in Belgade so that her fans from abroad can watch them.

MaBaker
Jan 28th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Is the ''Jelena, kozo'' banner ready?
No, I'm too lazy to make that :lol: But, if I go, I will yell at her like crazy :angel:

When they play for the country then we must support them all.
I just can't make myself to cheer for Ana :sobbing: I'll just silently fistpump.

Brena
Jan 28th, 2009, 03:39 PM
No, no. I was only disappointed by her defeat and wrote anything (and I felt better after that), but I also wrote that I'll go to support our girls no matter who plays. To be honest, Jelena really deserves our appreciation for her results in the Fed Cup Team. She brought our team in the World Group. But, to be a 100% honest, Ana's matches saved us in Budapest as well :shrug:. Brena, forgive me please... :tape: When they play for the country then we must support them all.

Well, of course. Even I'm not that wicked to cheer against Ana. :angel: (Especially because I presently dislike JJ even more than her :lol:)

ms_nut
Jan 28th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Ah yes, I'll post the links to her matches in Belgade so that her fans from abroad can watch them.

:kiss::kiss: Thank you..can't wait to see her play again..

Snex
Jan 28th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Well, of course. Even I'm not that wicked to cheer against Ana. :angel: (Especially because I presently dislike JJ even more than her :lol:)

Well, I don't know. I know that a number of JJ fans are crazy enough to cheer against Ana. :lol:

Ma, just do the fistpump. That'll be enough.

Mony
Jan 28th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Thanks Associated
I have this channel on my satellite :)

дalex
Jan 28th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Still dunno how what JJ wrote for The Age makes it official that she'll play against Japan, but our FC coach seems to think that's the case, so I guess it must be true then. :confused:

http://www.novosti.rs/code/navigate.php?Id=13&status=jedna&vest=136737
Like a stone fallen from the heart. Jelena Jankovic, if there was any doubt to start with, will lead team Serbia in the first round of the second group FED Cup with Japan. So will our country in the best team welcome Japanese, 7 i 8 February in the "Belgrade Arena", alongside Jelena are Ana Ivanovic, Ana Jovanovic and Bojana Jovanovski. Lot 6 February, when they will be known and accurate list of players.
- Never before we played FED Cup in Serbia, so that the historical moment. I am very excited because of it. Can not wait to match and advance forward to approach the local fans - pointed out Jelena in his column for The Australian newspaper "Di ejdž".
And all the misunderstandings, if there is any with the TSS, the best way resolved. Serbia in the duel with Japankama enters as the favorite, and the joy of not hiding any Dejan Vraneš, Fed Cup coach.
- I'm expecting this and Jelena decision. I'm glad now official, so that peace can to prepare for the match with Japankama - says Vraneš.

* Do you have any information when you come Jelena and Ana in Belgrade?
- Ana is the end of the week, Jelena perhaps earlier, a formal preparations will begin Tuesday. However, until then all that will be in Belgrade train, as already to Ana Jovanovic, until tomorrow comes Bojana Jovanovski.

* With our two best teniserke in the team, Serbia comes in the match as the favorite?
- She is, but we do not boldness to enter the match relaxed. In Melbourne to see how the game Sugijama. Experienced and anyone can be a serious rivals. However, we believe that all problems should not be.

* Match has dodatak "historic", considering that the Serbian team first game at home?
Maybe it is a little pressure, which is normal, but we have the advantage in quality, home and the audience, and all know how our fans like tennis. In any case, I hope the best.

* To the team you connected and Alexander Krunić (15), which is in the QF junior tournament in Melbourne?
- It is a very talented teniserki, and connected with the team to learn other teniserke and felt the atmosphere. It is, of course, the future of the Serbian tennis - concludes Vraneš.

Japanese
Japanese Serbia would be to oppose the composition: Ai Sugijama (26. the VTA list), Ajumi Morita (77th), Aiko Nakamura (140th), Fudživara Rica (148th), akik Morigami (250th) and Junru Namigata (262.).

ANA: Can not wait
Ana Ivanovic barely waiting for the beginning of match with Japan and not hiding enthusiasm and excitement because the first time in FED Cup play in Serbia, before the audience in the "Arena".
- I waited a long time to play in his native city, the family, friends and supporters and I am happy that this will be achieved. It will be a really special event. Egzibicije atmosphere during the last year was amazing and having in mind that the FED Cup competition seriously, I am sure that the winding be even better against Japan - says our teniserka. - Jelena and I do not have much experience in FED Cup, in comparison with the other players on the tour VTA. Also, it is clear that placement on the list does not play a great role in this competition. Zato ćemo morati da odigramo veoma dobro. Therefore, we need to play very well. Serbia deserves to be in the world group, and to fight for the trophy, because we have quality and we have to now and to prove.

Snex
Jan 29th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Still dunno how what JJ wrote for The Age makes it official that she'll play against Japan, but our FC coach seems to think that's the case, so I guess it must be true then. :confused:

http://www.novosti.rs/code/navigate.php?Id=13&status=jedna&vest=136737

- Never before we played FED Cup in Serbia, so that the historical moment. I am very excited because of it.

:eek: OMG! JJ's excited too!

Sugiyama :scared:
Morita :scared:
Nakamura :scared:
Morigami :scared:

Foon_JJ
Jan 29th, 2009, 04:44 AM
http://www.fedcup.com/ties/tie.asp?tie=100012232

JJ will play Fed Cup!! :hearts:

Brena
Jan 29th, 2009, 06:57 AM
:eek: OMG! JJ's excited too!

Sugiyama :scared:
Morita :scared:
Nakamura :scared:
Morigami :scared:

With JJ and Ana playing the way they do it'll be an epic fight. :worship::worship:

I think I really might go, but I don't know which ticket to buy - there are several different prices... :scratch: Any suggestions?

Kampi
Jan 29th, 2009, 07:21 AM
It's a good thing, that both will play Fed Cup. Especially Jelena needs more matches now. Every match can make a difference. But to be honest, what kind of disaster would it be, if both serbian stars had decided not to play for their country at home stage.:o

GO JJ:bounce:

Foon_JJ
Jan 29th, 2009, 07:29 AM
It's a good thing, that both will play Fed Cup. Especially Jelena needs more matches now. Every match can make a difference. But to be honest, what kind of disaster would it be, if both serbian stars had decided not to play for their country at home stage.:o

GO JJ:bounce:

I like your signature, it's very nice :hearts:

Kampi
Jan 29th, 2009, 07:33 AM
I like your signature, it's very nice :hearts:

Thank you:D

But unfortunately I cannot expand it anymore. I wanted to add something, but the system denied it, because meanwhile they changed the rules for it.:sobbing:

Foon_JJ
Jan 29th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Thank you:D

But unfortunately I cannot expand it anymore. I wanted to add something, but the system denied it, because meanwhile they changed the rules for it.:sobbing:

Really:eek:
I want to add pics in here, but it didn't work:sad:

MaBaker
Jan 29th, 2009, 07:49 AM
So, now JJ is excited too. God help us against Japan :sobbing:

How much are the tickets ?

Foon_JJ
Jan 29th, 2009, 08:09 AM
So, now JJ is excited too. God help us against Japan :sobbing:

How much are the tickets ?

You can find the details in here :D

MaBaker
Jan 29th, 2009, 08:22 AM
^Thanks ;)

Kampi
Jan 29th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Really:eek:
I want to add pics in here, but it didn't work:sad:

You must become a premium member to be able to add pics inside your signature. Like many others I decided against it, because it makes no real difference in terms of your membership here. I don't need to have a bigger avatar or add some pics here and there. But if you want to become a premium member just check your control panel and go to "Paid subscriptions". But even if you want ot pay it via paypal (like I wanted to do in the past), you need a creditcard.:rolleyes:

~Kiera~
Jan 29th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Tabloid rumours...

http://www.mtsmondo.com/entertainment/gossip/text.php?vest=122839

The best teniserka Serbian Jelena Jankovic and Montenegrin vaterpolista Mlađan Janović secret plan of the summer wedding, says tabloid "The World", with reference to the Montenegrin media.

The story is originating from kotorske environment, where Janović live and play in Primorac, but for now all preparations to hold the secret to concrete agreement.

The same sources say that the marriage could be scheduled in the summer when they had fewer responsibilities. For now, they are important to spend as much as possible more time together, because they are rastrzani because zgusnutih sports calendar.

Jelena and I Mlađan more Pua isticali that the "related soul" and to work great, no matter what you do not viđaju often.

-NAJ-
Jan 29th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Svet= World= shit:lol:

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8851/15932970ir0.th.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=15932970ir0.jpg)

~Kiera~
Jan 29th, 2009, 03:38 PM
What a surprise :lol:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24982149-3162,00.html

Players fail Hawk-Eye challenge

January 30, 2009 12:00am

THE world's leading tennis players and Hawk-Eye do not see eye-to-eye - or the same thing, apparently.

Andy Murray, Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Dinara Safina, Jelena Dokic and Jelena Jankovic head an elite group of players who have been exposed as poor judges in contentious line calls at the Australian Open.

That is, at least, according to Hawk-Eye.

By the end of yesterday's day session, male players had made 286 challenges at Melbourne Park.

Of those, only 89 - or 31.12 per cent - were successful. Hawk-Eye said the players were wrong 197 times.

It is a similar tale of optical illusion with the women. A total of 171 challenges have been made so far.

A mere 47 - or 27.49 per cent - were successful. Several players, notably Federer, detest the system.

Federer ranks second on the list of the most unsuccessful male players using the system.

His 19 challenges have returned only five over-rules in his favour.

Murray got two out of 17 right. Gilles Simon five of 18.

Dokic (six out of 15), Jankovic (three out of 12) and Alize Cornet and Daniela Hantuchova (one out of nine) also got it badly wrong.

Safina has been right only seven of 17 times.

International Tennis Federation testing in 2006 claimed Hawk-Eye made the "correct call in 100 per cent all tests, showing an average error of only 3.6mm".

Hawk-Eye is based on the principle of triangulation using the visual images and timing data provided by high speed video cameras located at different positions around the area of play.

The system rapidly processes the video feeds by a video processor and ball tracker. A data store contains a predefined model of the playing area and includes data on the rules of the game.

It has been controversial in its short tennis life.

At the 2007 Australian Open, Amelie Mauresmo challenged a ball that was called in, Hawk-Eye showed the ball was out by less than a millimetre - but the ball was called in.

The point was replayed.

In Dubai two years ago, Rafael Nadal said the system had incorrectly declared an out ball to be in.

Just Do It
Jan 29th, 2009, 04:01 PM
oh dear :spit: I doubt mondo would write something like that without a good source. That is an official portal of Serbian mobile operater " mobile telephony of Serbia ". I mean, they never write crap :unsure:

дalex
Jan 29th, 2009, 04:08 PM
^ Danilo, :lol:! The part of the portal is called Stars and Gossip, their source is Svet... I mean, really...

As for the hawk-eye article, I think that's pretty good percentage for JJ. :tape:

Just Do It
Jan 29th, 2009, 04:10 PM
I did not see source is Svet :rolls: But still, Mondo never writes crap :unsure:

дalex
Jan 29th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Mondo didn't write that, Svet did. :shrug:

MaBaker
Jan 29th, 2009, 05:46 PM
http://smileyjungle.com/smilies/angry27.gif
First slam, then marriage.

Snex
Jan 29th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Mondo didn't write that, Svet did. :shrug:

We can expect anything from JJ. This is very possible. It seems to me that she lost her mind for that guy. While she was not that often with him during her tournaments in Beijing, Stuttgart and Moscow she played like a real champion, but now after so much time spent with him she's totally out of her mind and I'm sure that it influenced her game. Unfortunately that's the sad story of our female athletes. As soon as they fall in love they get married, have children and immediately leave their sports when they are 20+. On the other hand, unlike other athletes tennis players earn much more money throughout their careers which makes them spoiled and their marriages and relationships don't last too long. Who knows what will happen. I wish her all the luck in her life. The most important is that she's happy. Of course, that guy is Montenegrin and he will be very jealous if she keeps on flirting and showing parts of her body to other men what she's still doing in any possible occasion. Do you remember David Ferrer in Beijing? :lol:

As for the tickets, I bought those in the third row behind their seats. I was one of the first people who bought the tickets so I could make some choice. The price of these tickets is 2500 dinars. I called the following number: 0 900 11 0011 and they sent me to my mobile some number that I showed to the girl in the Arena booking office. She found that number in her PC and gave me the tickets according to my wish.

You can find more information here: http://www.arenabeograd.com/genera/files/tiny_fck/File/Fed%20Cup%20-%20pretprodajna%20ponuda.pdf. My position will be on the brown field of the northern part where I made a white square. Or maybe on the other side by the green area on the same place. It doesn't matter at all.

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/2003/arenaps1.jpg

Ian Aberdon
Jan 29th, 2009, 05:58 PM
And here was me thinking JJ was wanting to concentrate on her career ahead of marriage! Aah the fickle finger of L O V E :inlove:

Kampi
Jan 29th, 2009, 06:14 PM
I can only hope this is just gossip with no substance.:eek::o Otherwise best of luck......but if this would ruin your career.....:fiery: Cannot believe that she would be so naive....she knows him for only 6 month.:help:

Ian Aberdon
Jan 29th, 2009, 06:29 PM
If her pal Beth can get married, then........................:lol:

Just Do It
Jan 29th, 2009, 06:38 PM
It looks I am going to fed cup :banana:

I am thinking of making some kind of poster, to cheer for Jelena :)

louisa.
Jan 29th, 2009, 07:38 PM
:eek: Marriage?!

Optima
Jan 29th, 2009, 09:20 PM
I don't think she's getting married, she's said many times before she wants to be focused on her career and that she has plenty of time to do other things like that in her life.

ms_nut
Jan 29th, 2009, 11:01 PM
And here was me thinking JJ was wanting to concentrate on her career ahead of marriage! Aah the fickle finger of L O V E :inlove:

:lol: There goes your clinic job... Oh JJ please don't do some crazy stuff.. not before your first GS win..

Foon_JJ
Jan 30th, 2009, 05:34 AM
I don't think she's getting married, she's said many times before she wants to be focused on her career and that she has plenty of time to do other things like that in her life.

Yes, I don't believe this gossip too;)
She mentioned many times on her blog:D

Ian Aberdon
Jan 30th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Ms Nut...au contraire...JJ needs my services MORE THAN EVER!! :lol:

Who wants to drag their kid - or KIDS:eek: - around the Tour year after year? :shrug:

louisa.
Jan 30th, 2009, 07:59 AM
:haha: Make sure you keep the supplies up. :angel:

Brena
Jan 30th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Ms Nut...au contraire...JJ needs my services MORE THAN EVER!! :lol:

Who wants to drag their kid - or KIDS:eek: - around the Tour year after year? :shrug:

:eek: I can imagine her post-match interviews:

Reporter: ''So, JJ, we saw your lovely kids in the stands in Bali last week. Why aren't they here in Zurich as well?''
JJ: ''Who??? What kids? AAARGH!!! Sorry, gotta go catch the first flight to Bali''

дalex
Jan 30th, 2009, 12:25 PM
I believe this makes it official that JJ is playing FC. President of TSS wants Arena to be full so the record for the biggest crowd in a FC match would be broken.

http://www.mtsmondo.com/sport/vesti/text.php?vest=122950

-NAJ-
Jan 30th, 2009, 12:52 PM
preparations for Fed cup in BG Arena

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5900/arenatenisrp7.th.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=arenatenisrp7.jpg)

Foon_JJ
Jan 30th, 2009, 02:38 PM
I believe this makes it official that JJ is playing FC. President of TSS wants Arena to be full so the record for the biggest crowd in a FC match would be broken.

http://www.mtsmondo.com/sport/vesti/text.php?vest=122950

Yeah, hopefully I can watch her match:hearts:
Thank you:bounce:

ce
Jan 30th, 2009, 03:08 PM
i cant wait to be there and cheer for Serbia :hearts:

Foon_JJ
Jan 30th, 2009, 03:20 PM
i cant wait to be there and cheer for Serbia :hearts:

Even I can't come here, but I'll cheer for Serbia!!!:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Princeza
Jan 30th, 2009, 07:22 PM
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8851/15932970ir0.th.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=15932970ir0.jpg)

What a nice couple :)
Marry him JJ :rocker2:

Snex
Jan 30th, 2009, 07:50 PM
:eek: I can imagine her post-match interviews:

Reporter: ''So, JJ, we saw your lovely kids in the stands in Bali last week. Why aren't they here in Zurich as well?''
JJ: ''Who??? What kids? AAARGH!!! Sorry, gotta go catch the first flight to Bali''

Granny Sneki will always be there to take care of them. :rolls:

Ian Aberdon
Jan 30th, 2009, 08:23 PM
:lol: in the shawl & cardigan JJ was knitting last year!!! :rolls:

дalex
Jan 30th, 2009, 08:49 PM
No wedding? :lol:
http://www.pressonline.rs/page/stories/sr.html?view=story&id=57394&sectionId=41

EARLY for marriage!

http://www.pressonline.rs/admin/image.jpg?imageId=33723&thumb=1

Mlađan Janović Montenegrin water polo representative, said the Press that are not yet planned marriage with our best teniserkom Jelena Jankovic. Mlađan says that he never with Jelena, nor with his friends, talked on the subject of weddings:

- Jelena and I are together, in love and it's good to us, but we still not talk on the topic of marriage - honestly reveals Mlađan Janović, and added: - especially not talked about that with friends, as appeared in the Montenegrin media. I do not want to talk about my private life. When I really be brought such a decision, I will notify friends only, and not the whole world.

Montenegrin magazine "World" is released to the young water-polo players with the friends that plans to ask Jelena to marry him in the summer. Jelena and Mlađan are in love since last summer, and met the Olympic Games in Beijing.

Brena
Jan 30th, 2009, 08:53 PM
The kids names will be Janko and Jana Janković-Janović.

Ian Aberdon
Jan 30th, 2009, 09:15 PM
And she'd BETTER NOT add the name Jamie!!! :lol:

~Kiera~
Jan 31st, 2009, 12:39 PM
http://www.mtsmondo.com/entertainment/gossip/text.php?vest=123059

Džej-Džej and Ana Ivanovic in the HBO Documentary

Only the exit tinejdž times, but are so well known that about them, "grabe" Men, sponsors and TV and film workers.

Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic it is obvious that they are "grateful" material, and will team American television channel HBO come next week in Belgrade with the task to record a documentary about the best serbian teniserka.

Director, cameramen, šminkeri ... are part of the team that will use Federešjn Cup match between Serbia and Japan next week to come to Belgrade to record a part of sports stories, but that "zaviri" in parts of the private life of Helen and Ana.

Popular Džej-Džej will in a short period of time have already been two films about themselves. Recently, in Belgrade, first shown documentary "Jelena's world".

Jelena and Ana, although still young, but were in the first WTA list, or have already dosegle tennis peaks, but the media and the public interesting and because of his private life.

V in the past days and weeks more written because of its connection with the termination Spanish tennis Fernandom Verdaskom, but about why it recently come on the field.

Jelena is, however, in connection with srećnoj Montenegrin water polo Mlađanom Janović. Some even Tabloids claim that marriage is a close, although the Mlađan to denied saying that he and Jelena love, but that he is still early for marriage.

(MONDO) (MONDO)

Snex
Jan 31st, 2009, 06:21 PM
I saw JJ on TV in the news. She's already in Belgrade. She practiced today in Gemax club. Ana will arrive tomorrow. OMG :help: if they're both still excited...

Kampi
Jan 31st, 2009, 06:32 PM
I saw JJ on TV in the news. She's already in Belgrade. She practiced today in Gemax club. Ana will arrive tomorrow. OMG :help: if they're both still excited...

I hope our Jecalina is working her heart out.....sprints from left to right, from up and down. Serves, Serves and Serves. And I hope she is still very angry about her AO performance.

Just Do It
Jan 31st, 2009, 06:35 PM
Ah, so no marriage .... :lol:

Michael27
Jan 31st, 2009, 06:58 PM
He's probably at the Gemax Club giving his full support.

Foon_JJ
Feb 1st, 2009, 02:07 AM

Can't wait to see Fed Cup:bounce:

-NAJ-
Feb 2nd, 2009, 01:50 PM
after today's training in the Arena

Janković: Can not wait Belgrade debut in front audience
The best Serbian tennis player Jelena Jankovic today expressed the belief that the FED Cup team this year place in the world group and added that barely waiting for the national team debut in front of the Belgrade audience.

Serbia will be the 7th team and 8 February in the Belgrade Arena to play against Japan mečeve first car FED Group B World Cup.

"I am very happy and proud that I have the opportunity to play the first official match in Belgrade, Serbia, and Serbia. I played 30 mečeva for the team, we have traveled and fought from Portugal, via Turkey, Greece, Bulgaria and many countries for the where we are today and that we belong to. The quality is the strongest group - the World A, in which we are, I believe, but place this year, "said Jankovic after the first training in the arena.

Snex
Feb 2nd, 2009, 01:54 PM
He's probably at the Gemax Club giving his full support.

If he gives her support like her ex boyfriend in Budapest :help: Ana, ajde, fistpump!!!!!!!! :tape:

Snex
Feb 2nd, 2009, 01:58 PM
after today's training in the Arena

Janković: Can not wait Belgrade debut in front audience

I also can't wait for Saturday :bounce:

-NAJ-
Feb 2nd, 2009, 02:00 PM
http://www.mtsmondo.com/sport/vesti/text.php?vest=123293

FED CUP: Ana and Jelena try court

http://www.mtsmondo.com/slike/vesti/001/232/v123293p0.jpg

Two of the best serbian teniserka Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic odradile are first in the Belgrade Arena, the first car before the match Fed Cup against Japan, which will be played this weekend in Belgrade in the world B group.

Jelena and Ana, which arrived from Melbourne, under the watchful eye of selectors Dejana Vraneš on Monday in separate terms of trying to base the Belgrade Arena.

"I am very happy and proud that I have the opportunity to play the first official match in Belgrade, Serbia. I played for 30 mečeva team, we have traveled and fought from Portugal, via Turkey, Greece, Bulgaria and many countries where we are today and that belongs to us. I think that, according to the quality you have, you need to play in the najjačoj group, the World Fed Cup group A, but I believe that we have this season for the placement of the elite, "said Jankovic.

http://www.mtsmondo.com/slike/vesti/001/232/v123293p1.jpg

Third WTA players from the list said that looks forward to duel against the Japanese, and is satisfied with tereno that will play.

"Finally came the moment to show our fans before, family and friends in our hometown. Odradila I am first in the Arena, like me, how is done the ground. For the week Serbia is expected sports spectacle like you have not seen in our country. In the name of your team and invite Serbia to come in the Arena over the weekend and bodre us, be with us in the selection meču against Japan and the joint forces to go to win, "said the captain of the Serbian team of Jelena Jankovic.

http://www.mtsmondo.com/slike/vesti/001/232/v123293p2.jpg

First odradila in Belgrade on Monday and the selection of guests.

Debate Serbia and Japan in Fed Cup players are the 7th and 8 February in the Belgrade Arena. Apart from Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic srspki the make and Ana Jovanovic Bojana Jovanovski, and, while training to attend and talented young Alexander Krunić. Selector Dejan Vraneš expected that all these have naraspolaganju on Wednesday, when all the team arrive in Belgrade.

~Kiera~
Feb 2nd, 2009, 02:34 PM
Thanks, NAJ :)

Please let them play doubles together (it's unlikely, but one can hope)

RFS
Feb 2nd, 2009, 02:39 PM
Me likey Smiley JJ and Smiley Sanchez!

But I so want a repeat of the Ana and JJ doubles roadshow

JJ: You go crouch on the T and i PROMISE I'll get the serve over the net
Ana: :shout:

Brena
Feb 2nd, 2009, 03:44 PM

But I so want a repeat of the Ana and JJ doubles roadshow

metoometoometoometoopleasepleasepleaseplease!!!! :bigcry:
I still can't believe we weren't able to see that epic doubles match against Cirstea/Nicolescu. :sad: It must have been a riot (with the fight in the stands and everything :inlove:)

maya-serbia
Feb 2nd, 2009, 07:32 PM
http://www.mtsmondo.com/sport/vesti/text.php?vest=123293

OMG SANCHEZ'S RIGHT HAND :lol:

Snex
Feb 2nd, 2009, 08:14 PM
OMG SANCHEZ'S RIGHT HAND :lol:

I thought I'm the only one who noticed. :rolls:

дalex
Feb 2nd, 2009, 09:04 PM
Now Sneki says that JJ is playing without the contract signed with TSS, that even if they give her any money she'll give it to charity. :rolls:

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=......... (http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pressonline.rs%2Fpage%2Fstories %2Fsr.html%3Fid%3D57638%26sectionId%3D44%26view%3D story&sl=sr&tl=en&history_state0=)

PS. steam = money :tape:

Brena
Feb 2nd, 2009, 10:05 PM

Ah, that's the way I do my French translations... :inlove:

Optima
Feb 2nd, 2009, 11:02 PM
Now Sneki says that JJ is playing without the contract signed with TSS, that even if they give her any money she'll give it to charity. :rolls:

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=......... (http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pressonline.rs%2Fpage%2Fstories %2Fsr.html%3Fid%3D57638%26sectionId%3D44%26view%3D story&sl=sr&tl=en&history_state0=)

TSS? :confused:

Brena
Feb 2nd, 2009, 11:04 PM
TSS? :confused:

It's the Serbian Tennis Association (Teniski savez Srbije)

Foon_JJ
Feb 3rd, 2009, 12:14 AM

Yup, I hope so:hearts:

schorsch
Feb 3rd, 2009, 12:36 AM
Lol the only way for that to happen is for them to win two singles matches and lose two singles matches, coz the dubz is the fifth match :lol:

ce
Feb 3rd, 2009, 09:17 AM
who knows with their current form :tape: ^^

дalex
Feb 3rd, 2009, 02:29 PM
Orlandić: TSS is fair to all

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=htt...... (http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mtsmondo.com%2Fsport%2Fvesti%2F text.php%3Fvest%3D123414&sl=sr&tl=en&history_state0=&swap=1)

дalex
Feb 4th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Sugiyama has arrived in Belgrade. In her press conference she said Jelena deserved #1 spot and that after the hard match they've played in Melbourne, she feels like she knows what she has to do in order to beat JJ.

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F....... (http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.b92.net%2Fsport%2Ftenis%2Fvesti .php%3Fyyyy%3D2009%26mm%3D02%26dd%3D04%26nav_id%3D 343160&sl=sr&tl=en&history_state0=)

Optima
Feb 4th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Ai, I love you, but keep dreaming.

:inlove:

-NAJ-
Feb 5th, 2009, 09:40 AM
JJ got her award for person of the year in Serbia by magazine Status

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2959/nagradetm7.jpg
2nd place award for photography Danilo Vasic, winner of the first and third place for photography Nemanja Jovanović, dobitnica award for the best journalists, the author shows "Kaziprst" Danica Vučenić and winner of award for person of the year Jelena Jankovic, invited photographers to sinoćenjm uručenju magazine award status in the gallery " ozone "in Belgrade.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5199/1624721si7.jpg
Jelena with Bozidar Djelic ( Minister of Government of Serbia)

-NAJ-
Feb 5th, 2009, 10:01 AM
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2789/svizajednoaq9.th.jpg (http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=svizajednoaq9.jpg)http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1223/jelakarikaturaiy5.th.jpg (http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jelakarikaturaiy5.jpg)

Jelena Jankovic: the most successful person of the year

A large number of public figures gathered last night in the gallery "ozone" to attend the opening exhibition of the best photos stvaranih during 2008. gosdine and Promulgation of traits that are selected by the magazine "Status" marked the previous year. The first got the former Serbian Prime Minister Zoran Zivkovic. On the cigar in the mouth chat with Božo Đelić who came several minutes later.

The current vice president of government Bozidar Djelic in society with his girl Helen attracted attention until the photographers at the door of the gallery "ozone" has not appeared tennis player Jelena Jankovic, who came accompanied by mom Snežana. With a delay of half an hour, monetary prizes and awards are given photographers Nemanji Jovanović (Press) and Daniel Vasic (Photo Club Beograd). For years nauspešniju personality was unanimously our best teniserka Jelena Jankovic, a title the best journalists and has Danica Vučenić, voditeljki RTV B92.

short video http://blip.tv/file/1740151

Foon_JJ
Feb 5th, 2009, 11:05 AM
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2789/svizajednoaq9.th.jpg (http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=svizajednoaq9.jpg)http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1223/jelakarikaturaiy5.th.jpg (http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jelakarikaturaiy5.jpg)

Jelena Jankovic: the most successful person of the year

A large number of public figures gathered last night in the gallery "ozone" to attend the opening exhibition of the best photos stvaranih during 2008. gosdine and Promulgation of traits that are selected by the magazine "Status" marked the previous year. The first got the former Serbian Prime Minister Zoran Zivkovic. On the cigar in the mouth chat with Božo Đelić who came several minutes later.

The current vice president of government Bozidar Djelic in society with his girl Helen attracted attention until the photographers at the door of the gallery "ozone" has not appeared tennis player Jelena Jankovic, who came accompanied by mom Snežana. With a delay of half an hour, monetary prizes and awards are given photographers Nemanji Jovanović (Press) and Daniel Vasic (Photo Club Beograd). For years nauspešniju personality was unanimously our best teniserka Jelena Jankovic, a title the best journalists and has Danica Vučenić, voditeljki RTV B92.

short video http://blip.tv/file/1740151

Thanks for your sharing:worship::worship:
She look so great:hearts:
BTW, would you please tell me what did she say in the video:confused:

redsonja
Feb 5th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Uh, why is she wearing tartan taffeta? Like, that doesn't even make any sense.

(Um... hi everybody! :o)

RFS
Feb 5th, 2009, 12:07 PM
welcome back buddy!

Was this another one of Jelena's "let me get dressed with my eyes closed" efforts?

redsonja
Feb 5th, 2009, 12:24 PM
I'm not sure how "back" I am, but I saw those pictures somewhere else and just couldn't let them slide. :lol:

~Kiera~
Feb 5th, 2009, 12:24 PM

:wavey:

I particularly like the inclusion of the PVC(?) strap. It really sets the whole thing off.

дalex
Feb 5th, 2009, 12:26 PM

Hi Sonj, I missed you. :sad:
What's tartan tarffeta? :lol:

I think the dress she's wearing is from her latest Mona collection. She had a lot of purple in it...

FC press conference:
"For all of you who get up at 3am to watch us..." (http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mtsmondo.com%2Fsport%2Fvesti%2F text.php%3Fvest%3D123647&sl=sr&tl=en&history_state0=)

~Kiera~
Feb 5th, 2009, 12:33 PM
I think the dress she's wearing is from her latest Mona collection. She had a lot of purple in it...

Purple? Check.
Tartan? Check.
PVC looking leather? Check.

Yes, it's part of the Mona collection :o

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7439/image1pk5.jpg

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5639/50887914bg5.jpg

Foon_JJ
Feb 5th, 2009, 12:39 PM
What's tartan tarffeta? :lol:

FC press conference:
"For all of you who get up at 3am to watch us..." (http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mtsmondo.com%2Fsport%2Fvesti%2F text.php%3Fvest%3D123647&sl=sr&tl=en&history_state0=)

I knew that her favourite color is red...wow...so many purple:lol::lol:

Optima
Feb 5th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Not really news, but still nonetheless:

$7,001,374 prize money :dance:

Snex
Feb 5th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Hi guys.

Here is the link to the video from the press conference that JJ and Ana had today: http://www.rts.rs/page/sport/ci/story/33/%D0%A2%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%81/42844/%D0%88%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B8%D1%9B%D 0%B5%D0%B2%D0%B0+%D0%B8+%D0%98%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%BD%D 0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B8%D1%9B%D0%B5%D0%B2%D0%B0%3A+%D0%92 %D0%B5%D1%80%D1%83%D1%98%D0%B5%D0%BC%D0%BE+%D1%83+ %D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%B5%D0%B4%D1%83+%D0%BF%D1%80% D0%BE%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%B2+%D0%88%D0%B0%D0%BF%D0%B0%D 0%BD%D0%B0+.html#comments

Crazy link, but leads to the video :shrug:

And this is the link to the news. Another part from the press conference: http://www.rts.rs/page/podcast/ci.html (under the Дневник, click on погледај). I downloaded this video for approximately 7 minutes.

Enjoy!

PS: OMG, I'm so nervous! I can't wait! Hey Saturday, hurry up!!!

дalex
Feb 5th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Not the best of translations so I'll translate the last and the funniest bit...
Jelena: Ana and I agree excellent (http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pressonline.rs%2Fpage%2Fstories %2Fsr.html%3Fview%3Dstory%26id%3D57899%26sectionId %3D44&sl=sr&tl=en&history_state0=)

Jankovic admitted that she's especially bothered by pictures on which she looks like a Terminator.
- I dunno why, but when they take action photo of me hitting the ball, my arm really looks huge! Let me show you. Is it big - no it's not! Normal woman's arm. But on photos it looks like I'm Terminator and in person I'm nothing like that. And the faces I make in those moments. It looks as if I have 200 and not 65kg!

:haha:

Proof:
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/f5/fullj.33f6d9e675c4f40f4df0443dcf395965/33f6d9e675c4f40f4df0443dcf395965-getty-83057331wj171_2009_australi.jpg

Brena
Feb 5th, 2009, 10:03 PM
^Oh no! She does read this forum and she saw the pic of Schwarzenegger I had posted! :sobbing: Jelena, you retard, I was only kidding. :p

дalex
Feb 5th, 2009, 10:22 PM
^C'mon, she does look a bit Terminator-ish (:unsure:) on some of those pics...:lol:

Another one...
Jelena: We are not in conflict! (http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.novosti.rs%2Fcode%2Fnavigate.ph p%3FId%3D13%26status%3Djedna%26vest%3D137285&sl=sr&tl=en&history_state0=)

schorsch
Feb 5th, 2009, 10:44 PM

bojana's and ana j.'s pictures are switched up :sobbing: i sent them an email though to correct it :p
imagine that happening with jj and ana i. :sobbing:

redsonja
Feb 6th, 2009, 12:51 AM

I miss you guys, too. :sad: I've just been so busy at work. (To give you an idea how busy, I am just now, right this very moment, watching the Kleybanova/Ana match from AO. :o) But I think I'll have a little more free time very soon, so I'll try to catch up. :)

Keep it real, y'all. ;)

-NAJ-
Feb 6th, 2009, 04:22 PM
In Belgrade salon prestigious Italian master tuning "Rossana Ferretti" yesterday promoted exclusive asesoari hair this "maga" hairstyle, which is specifically for this presentation, arrived in Belgrade. Stars of the evening were our most successful teniserka Jelena Jankovic and her mother Snezana, who is the hair dresser sređivao carefully before many journalists. At the end of styling hair to them has been decorated in Italy hand made decorations, which are enriched with semiprecious stones and crystals, "Swarovski". Guests were served champagne and imaginative kanapeima, and then were followed and cookies. This promotion came and public figures about which tuning is concerned, master tuning, and the owner of this exclusive frizerskog Salon in Belgrade.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/6899/jela1ki2.th.jpg (http://img26.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jela1ki2.jpg) http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9908/jela2pr4.th.jpg (http://img26.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jela2pr4.jpg)http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/7818/jela3jw4.th.jpg (http://img26.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jela3jw4.jpg)http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/125/jela4ko6.th.jpg (http://img26.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jela4ko6.jpg)
Online translate

~Kiera~
Feb 6th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Scroll down for an audio interview with Jelena

http://www.fedcup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=12158

Foon_JJ
Feb 7th, 2009, 03:48 AM
In Belgrade salon prestigious Italian master tuning "Rossana Ferretti" yesterday promoted exclusive asesoari hair this "maga" hairstyle, which is specifically for this presentation, arrived in Belgrade. Stars of the evening were our most successful teniserka Jelena Jankovic and her mother Snezana, who is the hair dresser sređivao carefully before many journalists. At the end of styling hair to them has been decorated in Italy hand made decorations, which are enriched with semiprecious stones and crystals, "Swarovski". Guests were served champagne and imaginative kanapeima, and then were followed and cookies. This promotion came and public figures about which tuning is concerned, master tuning, and the owner of this exclusive frizerskog Salon in Belgrade.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/6899/jela1ki2.th.jpg (http://img26.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jela1ki2.jpg) http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9908/jela2pr4.th.jpg (http://img26.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jela2pr4.jpg)http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/7818/jela3jw4.th.jpg (http://img26.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jela3jw4.jpg)http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/125/jela4ko6.th.jpg (http://img26.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jela4ko6.jpg)
Online translate

Scroll down for an audio interview with Jelena

http://www.fedcup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=12158

Thanks NAJ & Kiera:worship:

ms_nut
Feb 7th, 2009, 08:07 PM
The Tennis Channel showed a small clip interview with Melanie Oudin.. Guess who her favorite player on tour is..:tape::tape: JJ...:lol::lol:
She said that JJ is such a consistent player and get so many balls back, it is so very hard to beat her...:lol::lol:

Imagine JJ being a Role model for younger tennis players..:scared::scared:

дalex
Feb 7th, 2009, 08:37 PM
http://www.novosti.rs/code/navigate.php?Id=13&status=jedna&vest=137394

REKORD (NI)JE PAO
PO završetku meča stizale su oprečne informacije kada je u pitanju broj gledalaca u „Areni“. Iako su iz TSS najavljivali da je karata ostalo vrlo malo, tribine nisu ni izbliza bile ispunjene do poslednjeg mesta. Prve brojke, ujedno i realnije, kažu da je meč pratilo 13.700 gledalaca, što znači da rekord „Arene“ kada je tenis u pitanju (14.000) ipak nije oboren. Druga prilika je danas...

They say that the record isn't broken as there was "only" 13,700 people on the stands. :(

After match quotes:
http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2........ (http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mtsmondo.com%2Fsport%2Fvesti%2F text.php%3Fvest%3D123942&sl=sr&tl=en&history_state0=)

Foon_JJ
Feb 8th, 2009, 12:39 AM

They say that the record isn't broken as there was "only" 13,700 people on the stands. :(

After match quotes:
http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2........ (http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mtsmondo.com%2Fsport%2Fvesti%2F text.php%3Fvest%3D123942&sl=sr&tl=en&history_state0=)

What:confused::confused:
can't believe that:sad:

JadeFox
Feb 8th, 2009, 01:14 AM
The Tennis Channel showed a small clip interview with Melanie Oudin.. Guess who her favorite player on tour is..:tape::tape: JJ...:lol::lol:
She said that JJ is such a consistent player and get so many balls back, it is so very hard to beat her...:lol::lol:

Imagine JJ being a Role model for younger tennis players..:scared::scared:

Oh sweet Jesus. As if the future of the WTA isn't iffy enough. :eek:

After match quotes:

Aww, that sucks. :sad:

Come on Serbs show some country pride! :bounce: :armed:

Foon_JJ
Feb 8th, 2009, 05:45 AM
Oh sweet Jesus. As if the future of the WTA isn't iffy enough. :eek:

Aww, that sucks. :sad:

Come on Serbs show some country pride! :bounce: :armed:

Yeah, hopefully they can break the record today:bounce:
Go Srbija!!!:hearts::hearts::hearts:

Ian Aberdon
Feb 8th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Melanie Oudin worships JJ. Oh dear, does that mean we'll have to open a new clinic? ;)

Foon_JJ
Feb 8th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Jankovic steers Serbs through
Jelena Jankovic delighted the 15,000 plus crowd as she defeated Ai Sugiyama 62 63 to put Serbia into the World Group play-offs for the first time.

After she and teammate Ana Ivanovic both scored victories on Saturday, Serbia needed just one point to complete victory and teh world No. 3 duly obliged in less than 90 minutes.

Serbia will go into Tuesday's World Group play-off draw full of confidence with two players in the top 10. Japan will also await Tuesday as they will have to play off to preserve their spot in World Group II.

More soon...

http://www.fedcup.com/news/matchreport.asp?articleid=12229

Foon_JJ
Feb 8th, 2009, 02:20 PM
http://www.fedcup.com/news/matchreport.asp?articleid=12229

It had audio interview now:bounce:

Foon_JJ
Feb 8th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Jankovic steers Serbs through
Jelena Jankovic delighted another huge crowd in the Belgrade Arena by winning the first reverse singles against Japan’s Ai Sugiyama and securing Serbia’s place in the World Group Play-offs for the first time. A record Fed Cup crowd of 15,118 watched Ana Ivanovic and Jankovic win the opening day’s singles in straight sets and with at least that number of fans present on Sunday, Jankovic prevailed again 63 62.

Jankovic takes her chances

Three previous encounters against the Japanese No. 1 had all gone to Jankovic and when she broke for the second time to lead 4-1 in the opening set it looked like she would win again without too much trouble. But Sugiyama, appearing in her 25th Fed Cup tie, then broke the Serb’s serve for the first time and might well have levelled at 4-all had she not dumped an inviting forehand pass into the net at 30-all in the eighth game. Jankovic then smashed a winner on the next point to maintain her advantage, before breaking serve for the third time to take the set.

In the second set the first four games all went against serve, Jankovic struggling to win points behind her second serve and making more unforced errors. Yet each time the world No. 3 fell behind she hit straight back and having held for 3-2 then broke decisively again in the sixth game with another smash. Sugiyama did have one more chance to break back but she failed to do so and with Jankovic continuing to hit powerfully from the back of the court, the Serb hit a magnificent winner at the end of a long rally on match point to clinch the tie. Cue a huge roar from the home fans and then scenes of great celebration as the jubilant Jankovic was swamped by her team.

“I’m really thrilled that I was able to pull the third win off and help my team get through this tie,” said Jankovic. “It was amazing atmosphere, amazing energy out here and the crowd was really behind me the whole time.”:kiss::kiss:

Disappointing weekend for Sugiyama

For Sugiyama it was another disappointing day following her loss in the first singles on Saturday to Ivanovic. “Unfortunately it wasn’t my best, I think. It was not easy to play here against Jelena. I think she was in great form and she was playing better than in the Australian Open and, well, I think I could not do much,” she said.

In the fourth ‘dead’ singles rubber which followed, Ivanovic also notched up her second win of the weekend by romping past Ayumi Morita 61 62. So Serbia will now await Tuesday’s draw for the World Group Play-offs and the chance to join the game’s elite nations next year.

Kampi
Feb 8th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Thank you Katherine:wavey::D

Foon_JJ
Feb 8th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Thank you Katherine:wavey::D

You're welcome:wavey:
It's truely amazing moment for Serbia team and their supporters:bounce:
P.S I just wrote message on JJ's Fan book:p Feel so good:bounce:

~Kiera~
Feb 10th, 2009, 01:47 PM
http://uk.reuters.com/article/tennisNews/idUKLA75727420090210?sp=true

Mind your own business, Jankovic tells Federer

By Julien Pretot

PARIS, Feb 10 (Reuters) - Roger Federer should concentrate on his own career rather than criticising others, Serb Jelena Jankovic said on Tuesday after being irked by the Swiss master's unflattering verdict on her number one world ranking last year.

Last month, former world number one Federer hit out at the way the WTA rankings were calculated, saying a player who has never won a grand slam should not be granted the number one spot.

Jankovic reached the top spot in the WTA rankings in August having never won a major tournament. She lost her first grand slam final to American Serena Williams at last year's U.S. Open.

The Serb has since dropped down to third in the world following a shock fourth-round defeat to France's Marion Bartoli at the Australian Open.

"To be honest, I do not like to talk about players, I really prefer to focus on myself," Jankovic told Reuters in an interview at the Paris Open.

She said she could not understand why Federer felt the need to hit out at women's tennis while his great rival Rafa Nadal, who took over from the Swiss as world number one, was so "humble".

"Why should he even care? I don't like putting my nose in other's business.

"I mean, one thing I like about Nadal is that he is such a great champion, he is so humble, always has kind words for everybody, he is a role model for everybody," said Jankovic.

"Federer is a great champion, I don't want to get in a fight with him but why does he care, I really don't understand. Why does he need to do that?"

Federer also led the charge against Jankovic's compatriot Novak Djokovic when he quit because of the heat in his Australian Open quarter-final match against Andy Roddick.

"I'm almost in favour of saying, you know what, if you're not fit enough, just get out of here," the Swiss said.

Jankovic said Federer should not criticise fellow players. "I don't think it's nice to attack other players.

"If he retired, he probably had his reasons, he knows better. You cannot attack someone when you don't have proof, when you don't have a piece of evidence.

"There is no reason to offend him that way."

Jankovic will open her Paris Open campaign with a first-round match against Italian Francesca Schiavone.

The interview was organised by WTA Tour sponsors Sony Ericsson.

(Editing by Justin Palmer)

schorsch
Feb 10th, 2009, 01:50 PM
that's my girl :D

TAKE THAT faterer.

Foon_JJ
Feb 10th, 2009, 01:59 PM
that's my girl :D

TAKE THAT faterer.

Yes, good interview from her:hearts:
"To be honest, I do not like to talk about players, I really prefer to focus on myself,"

-NAJ-
Feb 10th, 2009, 02:20 PM
http://www.opengdfsuez.com/tips.php?detail=295328&language=uk

Tuesday, 10 February 2009 at 12:46
Serbia's Jelena Jankovic, the number 2 seed of the 17th Open GDF SUEZ, answers our questions before playing her first round match against Francesca Schiavone of Italy.

Jelena, what made you decide to come to Paris and play the 17th Open GDF SUEZ?

It was a little bit of a last minute decision. This year, I have only played the Australian Open and the Fed Cup against Japan last week-end, and it's not a lot. I need to play more matches, to feel the spirit of the competition, to put myself in situations where I can feel pressure and where the opponent is at her top. Practicing is good, it helps a lot, but there's nothing like a real tournament to feel my game better and to know how good I'm doing. That's why I came here and I' very excited to play the Open GDF SUEZ.

Are you satisfied with how you played at the Australian Open?

No, I didn't do well at all there. You know, I got sick in Hong Kong before the start of the Australian Open and it made things very difficult for me. Also, after two and a half months of break, it's never easy to get back in action. And I can already feel I'm doing better. I move faster than I did in Melbourne, my reaction on court is quicker too, and I'm able to see the ball earlier, which is very important.

You've said your goal is to win a Grand Slam Tournament? How about this year at the French Open?

Sure, that would be great, winning a Grand Slam is definitely my top goal. The French Open would be awesome, of course. I like clay a lot and I've already played two semi finals at Roland Garros, so why not? Also, my greatest dream would be to win there and to deliver my vicotry speech to the French spectators in French. I speak French, I've been to a French diplomatic school, so that would be so much fun to do just that.

Are you very disappointed to have lost your number one spot?

No, I'm not that disappointed. You know, it's great to be the top player in the world but it's important to keep in mind that it is just a temporary position. I'm going to do my best to get back to number one, but that's also the goal of all top players this year. just like I did last year, it would mean a lot to me to end the year at number one, but Dinara, Elena and Serena have exactly the same goal in mind.

Tell us a bit more about your Fed Cup experience this past week-end...

I think I can say it is the greatest moment in my career so far. We have played pretty much everywhere to get to this level of Fed Cup competition, and it was so great to finally play at home in Serbia. And there's nothing like what we felt there, you have no idea. A record was actually broken, with more than 15,000 people in the arena to support the team. The vibe, the energy, the strength we felt then, there's nothing to explain or describe how amazing that was.

Do you think the French fans in Coubertin will be up to that atmosphere?

I know I have many supporters here and it's great. The French crowds tend to be very passionate and very pleasant but I'm afraid being as supportive as the fans in Serbia last week-end is goign to be a very tough challenge for them! (laughter)

Have you had a chance to get used to the court and the stadium here yet?

Well, I just arrived last night but yes, I had a chance to play on the main court a bit. I like the arena and the surface very much and as I said, what I really need is to play competitive matches and I'm ready for that!

Foon_JJ
Feb 10th, 2009, 02:27 PM
JJ updated her blog:hearts::hearts:

Bonjour from Paris!

It has been a while since I last wrote to you all, but I've been very busy, especially this past weekend, which was the most amazing weekend of my life.

It was Fed Cup weekend and we, the Serbian team, played for the first time at home in Serbia. We came a long way to get to this point. We've played all over, like in Turkey, Slovakia, Croatia and Hungary, just to get this unbelievable opportunity to play in front of our fans at the Belgrade Arena. My family, my friends and everyone else close to me were all there. We felt so much support: no matter what time of day we played, they came to see us or turned on their TVs to support us from home. On Saturday we actually broke the Fed Cup attendance record as 15,000 people came to watch! Even the President of Serbia was there.

I was so excited about the atmosphere and the energy there, and our whole team was so positive and supportive. We had such a huge responsibility and there were so many expectations for us to do well, but we handled the pressure perfectly. Ana and I had never played in front of a full house at home before, but we played like we'd been doing it for years and years. I can't put into words how it felt to win the third point and secure the tie. To hear everyone in the crowd cheering my name too... It was the most amazing experience of my career, nothing can compare. I'll never forget it.

Unfortunately, while the rest of the Serbian team celebrated, I had to go back home, pack and get some sleep before coming here to Paris! I would have loved to celebrate. After working so hard and dealing with so much pressure, it's always nice to relax a little bit and share a victory with teammates; but we finished late yesterday and my flight was at 6am this morning, and I needed to get at least a few hours of sleep! We did celebrate on the court a little bit though, sharing the victory with the crowd, so I still had some fun afterwards :)

I landed in Paris around noon today. My older brother and coach are here with me. Now it's time to focus on individual competition, as I'm playing the Open GDF SUEZ this week. Fed Cup was one of the rare opportunities tennis players get to play as a team; I really believe it's going to help me in my own tournaments, because I haven't played that much this year yet, and what I need right now are matches. That's also why I decided to compete in Paris. Competition is totally different from practice. I want to get back to my best, so I need to get back to playing under pressure and finding the concepts in my game. Basically, I need to get match tough again. It was a last-minute decision to come here and I thought, why not?

Thanks to all of you for reading, and I'll talk to you again very soon!

JJ

Brena
Feb 10th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Mind your own business, Jankovic tells Federer

I love you, JJ. :kiss::kiss:

дalex
Feb 10th, 2009, 03:12 PM
I lost my connection for an hour and first thing I saw after it came back was Mondo article about what JJ said to Fed. My reaction was the same as Schorsch's - THAT'S MY GIRL! :drool:

schorsch
Feb 10th, 2009, 03:44 PM
:drool:

MaBaker
Feb 10th, 2009, 03:45 PM
The best thing about the interview is, that, she doesn't sound bitter on anything like that . Pure class from JJ :drool: :worship:

Brena
Feb 10th, 2009, 03:55 PM
The best thing about the interview is, that, she doesn't sound bitter on anything like that . Pure class from JJ :drool: :worship:

No, her answer is really smart and appropriate and rational. No bizarre non-sequiturs, no childish dramatics. :eek: I'm so proud of her!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

ce
Feb 10th, 2009, 04:03 PM
JJ :hearts:

MaBaker
Feb 10th, 2009, 04:10 PM
No, her answer is really smart and appropriate and rational. No bizarre non-sequiturs, no childish dramatics. :eek: I'm so proud of her!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
What's wrong with her :unsure:

дalex
Feb 10th, 2009, 04:13 PM
She's absolutely brilliant! Hitting where it hurts the most when she mentioned how humble Rafa is. :rolls:
Oh, this made my day! :drool:

Brena
Feb 10th, 2009, 04:17 PM
What's wrong with her :unsure:

I don't know! She also said no part of her body was aching. :unsure: Her new body is so perfect and superior that the aliens decided to snatch it! :sobbing:

josic
Feb 10th, 2009, 04:43 PM
She's absolutely brilliant! Hitting where it hurts the most when she mentioned how humble Rafa is. :rolls:
Oh, this made my day! :drool:

federas reaction on this interview:

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/roger-federer-crying.jpg

:p

MaBaker
Feb 10th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Jelena talking smart and rational, most of the WS fans support her for what she said....There is something really wrong here :scared: :bigcry:

JadeFox
Feb 10th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Jelena talking smart and rational, most of the WS fans support her for what she said....There is something really wrong here :scared: :bigcry:

It's official: The apocalypse is coming.

Might as well party!:aparty::aparty::music::rocker2:

Michael27
Feb 10th, 2009, 05:08 PM
JJ :hearts: your comments are spot on. Now I know why you are my favorite tennis player. Well I always knew really.

The Fed is really beginning to annoy me. He was never my favorite. He seems to behaving like a little child who has had his bat and ball taken away.

дalex
Feb 10th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Going over to the neighboring board... See y'all laterz.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=138115

MaBaker
Feb 10th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Oh well :drink: :drink: :drink:

schorsch
Feb 10th, 2009, 05:25 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01251/roger_federer-cry_1251076c.jpg

or this

schorsch
Feb 10th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Going over to the neighboring board... See y'all laterz.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=138115

been there, done that :P you are gonna laugh tears when you see some croat guy posting in there :bigcry:

дalex
Feb 10th, 2009, 05:31 PM
been there, done that :P you are gonna laugh tears when you see some croat guy posting in there :bigcry:

I don't have an account there. :p

They're not as kind to JJ there, too many fedtards. :lol:

Yeah, that Croat is too "dump". :lol:

josic
Feb 10th, 2009, 05:45 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01251/roger_federer-cry_1251076c.jpg

or this

yeah like i said dont mess with jelena it will be painfull:armed::devil:

freeyourstyle
Feb 10th, 2009, 06:09 PM
federer is becoming kind of arrogant. dont know whats up with him but he has to go some steps back before he attacks other players who are not going to be that friendly like jankovic.

jj did good to not attack him back, best reaction she could do

ChriS.
Feb 10th, 2009, 06:18 PM
JJ is playing with fire attacking Fed who is a tennis God. Everything she said makes sense but the media will just use this as another excuse to attack her as a lame (ex) number 1.

downunderfan
Feb 10th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Spot on, JJ! Fed has been a different person for the last year, I don't mind him crying but talking about his fellow players (and espec WTA) like that is going too much overboard. Well, JJ will probably have a great welcome in Spain when she goes to play Fed Cup tie.

Ian Aberdon
Feb 10th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Federererer is just sore at no longer being No.1 & now he isn't even the most interesting thing in Switzerland anymore...& that's saying something...

Go on JJ...put the stilettos in...:devil:

RFS
Feb 10th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Wow - good response from JJ...

Kampi
Feb 10th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Well, well, well....I like her response, too. I mean I like Rog, but at times somebody should remind him to be more humbled and calm. He is not the godfather of the whole tennis scene.

Snex
Feb 10th, 2009, 07:41 PM
JJ :hatoff: I AM PROUD TO BE A FAN OF THE WORST #1 EVER http://heroupload.com/image-110F_4991E1BD.gif (http://heroupload.com/share-110F_4991E1BD.html) :rocker:

Now I regret for my anger when she lost to Bartoli at the AO. :sad: On the other hand I was so loud supporting her in Arena during her FC matches.

JJ was kind. I can only imagine Serena's reaction for instance :shout: :smash:

Tashi
Feb 10th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Rock on JJ! I love Fed but his comments about her were totally uncalled for. There was just absolutely no reason for them.

Fed, shut up and get a coach.

Snex
Feb 10th, 2009, 08:21 PM
JJ :hug:

She wrote in her blog that she had flight to Paris at 6 in the morning, but in her interview she said "I arrived last night" :confused:

PROUD TO BE A FAN OF THE WORST #1 EVER :rocker:

BTW, no press conference on the SOS channel :bigcry:

~Kiera~
Feb 10th, 2009, 08:31 PM

She wrote in her blog that she had flight to Paris at 6 in the morning, but in her interview she said "I arrived last night" :confused:

Some days, I suspect Jelena has trouble remembering her name let alone trivialities such as flight times ;)

MaBaker
Feb 10th, 2009, 09:05 PM

I don't have an account there. :p

They're not as kind to JJ there, too many fedtards. :lol:

Yeah, that Croat is too "dump". :lol:

I just saw what you mean , that guy :weirdo:

I know it shouldn't , but this really made me laugh (from mtf) :
http://i40.tinypic.com/2q0p00x.gif

Brena
Feb 10th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Federererer is just sore at no longer being No.1 & now he isn't even the most interesting thing in Switzerland anymore...& that's saying something...

Go on JJ...put the stilettos in...:devil:

:rolls:

Michael27
Feb 10th, 2009, 10:44 PM

Some days, I suspect Jelena has trouble remembering her name let alone trivialities such as flight times ;)

I seem to remember that JJ doesn't always travel directly to places. :lol:

JadeFox
Feb 10th, 2009, 11:20 PM

It's amazing sometimes how she's able to function like a human being.:lol:

Foon_JJ
Feb 11th, 2009, 12:32 AM

Yes, I think so.
Her answer is really smart!:kiss:
That's our JJ:hearts::worship:

Foon_JJ
Feb 11th, 2009, 03:45 AM
STATUS MAGAZINE – JELENA JANKOVIĆ THE PERSONALITY OF 2008 | 11.02.2009.

February 5th, 2009.

According to the decision of the jury of Status magazine, Jelena Janković the best Serbian tenis player was pronounced for the personality of the year. On the ceremony in Ozon gallery the awards are also consigned for the best photography and the best journalist in 2008.
In the traditional inquiry of Status magazine, in which 80 journalists and important persons took part, Jelena Janković was chosen.
"I am very proud that I was chosen among journalists for this complimentary title. I will strive to justify the expectations that this award means", said Jelena Jankovic.

http://www.jj-jelenajankovic.com/slikevesti/88s.jpg

Nina.
Feb 11th, 2009, 12:20 PM
"Personality of the yeah" - wow!!
Another thing JJ can mention...I was no.1 and also personality of the year, you know! :lol:

JadeFox
Feb 11th, 2009, 01:27 PM
"Personality of the yeah" - wow!!
Another thing JJ can mention...I was no.1 and also personality of the year, you know! :lol:

The crazy part is...

I can imagine her actually saying, "I was no.1 and Personality of the Yeah as well!":lol:

~Kiera~
Feb 11th, 2009, 01:32 PM
:lol:

And that takes a lot of consistency, not just two lucky weeks ;)

Dawn123
Feb 11th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Jelena Jankovic in the hands of Super Star team
Wednesday, 11 February 2009. 16:51

Jelena Jankovic really likes fashion. In addition to the associate eksluzivni MONA fashion house, which was designed by a collection of The One, and the IMG model, Jelena has started cooperation with the Agency Super Star, which is known as the organizer of the event "Night Reklamoždera".

"Our agency has decided to extend the activity and that is why we launched Fashion Super Star who will be responsible for PR, image and styling celebrities. So we'll worry about the appearance of Jelena Jankovic, teniserka our best," said the stylist MONDO Filip Maksimovic, which is part of the creative team of agencies Super Star, along with Gogom Grubješić i Aleksandra Đorđević.

Filip says that Jelena is a real professional and not only when tennis is in question. "It is, above all, great people, it is easy to cooperate, it is very open to suggestions when styling in question, although its proposals are very good," says the stylist.

He added that the Fashion Super Star give all of himself to Jelena show in the best possible release, considering that it is a model agency IMG and that the next months, expect numerous photo journals for the world.

That will be already in the Thursday, 11 February, the news-stands in Serbia, show the latest number of "Hello" with our best teniserka on the front page.

"Jelena's hair for 'Hello' was done by one of the best hair dresser from Italy, and our team any more. It is a pleasure to work with and all Jelenom hardly wait for the next 'task'. We are full of ideas and I think that will be more surprises when the Jelena styling in the issue, "says Filip Maksimovic

google translate :rolleyes:

http://www.mtsmondo.com/lifestyle/vesti/text.php?vest=124350

-NAJ-
Feb 11th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Thanks Dawn123
Hello!
http://www.hellomagazin.rs/

~Kiera~
Feb 11th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Thanks, Dawn and NAJ :)

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5540/hello601dn0.jpg

Optima
Feb 11th, 2009, 04:10 PM
:inlove:

-NAJ-
Feb 11th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Jelena is very busy:lol:

JJ made tv commercial for "Orbit" chewing gum
http://www.wrigley.com/assets/images/brands/logo_orbit_sm.jpg
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6991/38827289vj7.jpg

TV commercial will be on TV these days
http://www.nightbuyers.ro/produse/m/guma_orbit_professional_white.jpg

дalex
Feb 11th, 2009, 10:09 PM
^Never in doubt.

JeLeNaJfAn
Feb 12th, 2009, 08:26 AM
She´s so beautiful in these commercial :D

Josh.
Feb 12th, 2009, 08:42 AM

*Next avatar picture*

Random question: When's JJ changing raquets?

schorsch
Feb 12th, 2009, 09:37 AM
:lol: omg we had to wait so long for this to happen :lol:

Foon_JJ
Feb 12th, 2009, 09:50 AM

She looks so great:hearts:
Hopefully someone upload to youtube:kiss:

schorsch
Feb 12th, 2009, 09:53 AM
So, her offcourt sponsors atm are:
Wrigley's with Orbit, Knjaz Milos with Aqua Viva, Mona with clothes

Is she still with Hyundai?

It's so weird JJ chose not to make more deals, does she just not wanna be tangled up in many deals :confused:?
But now that she is with IMG, they will make her get more wether she wants it or not :lol:

Wrekin
Feb 12th, 2009, 10:08 AM
http://www.opengdfsuez.com/tips.php?detail=295632&language=uk

Jelena, what an incredible match, with a lot of suspense. Did you doubt at one point?

No, I always believe I could win the match, whatever the score was, because I played pretty well, at least for a while.

:tape: :lol:

Then I let my opponent come back, she even had a set point at 5-4 on her serve. And finally, somehow, I managed to prevail. But it was definitely tough, I'm very glad to be through.

What was your best shot today, the one you could count on the most?

My backhand is really effective in general, it's my best asset. I need to improve it, though, in order to be able to count on it all the time and anywhere on court. I need to get more confidence, too, and a better timing. For that, I need more matches under the pressure of the competition because I am only playing my second match of the season here. Rhythm and more matches, that's what I need.

Na Li will be your next opponent. Any comment on that?

She's a tough player, who had to stop for a while because she was injured, I believe. But I know she can be dangerous so I'll go out there and play my game, my best tennis if I can.

You were listening to music right before entering the court. Was that quiet music or something with punchy rhythm?

It's dynamic music that I listen to to keep me going, to wake me up and to make me enter the court with a maximum of energy.

Can you give us precise titles?

I can't really do that, because it' smore of a playlist. It's just a series of very rhythmic songs that help me get in the mood for the match, that make me feel dynamic and ready to be very active on court.

Brena
Feb 12th, 2009, 11:48 AM
^:lol:
After a brief venture into rationality, JJ's back to her usual bizarreness. :inlove:

ayliya
Feb 12th, 2009, 05:20 PM

Ooooooh. JJ looks so pretty!

дalex
Feb 12th, 2009, 05:34 PM
http://www.opengdfsuez.com/tips.php?detail=295878&language=uk
JJ: Exactly what I needed

Jelena, what a match... You said earlier that you needed competition to adjust your game and yout rhythm, so I guess you got what you wanted...

Yes, that's absolutely what I needed and I'm glad I could play a good tennis out there. It was tough because my oppoenent played very well but I hit the ball hard, I found the right tactics and I ended up winning the match.

Does that mean you'd like another three-setter tomorrow to get even more competition under your belt?

No, not really, no (she laughs) What I really want is win matches and, even more importantly, play very well. It's good to be able to win with my heart and my mental strength but we all know that in some circumstances, it's just not going to be enough. And that's when you also need a good technique to have satisfying results. You need to do the right things at the right time and then, sooner or later, that will pay off and you get the victories you deserve. That's precisely why I want to keep improving match after match.

Are you prepared to play against a French player in front of the French crowd?

Yes, absolutely, it's definitely not the first time I play against a player who is at home, with the entire crowd behind her. All I'll have to do is stay focused, do the things I do best, and we'll see.

Can you tell us more about your new clothing line? Are you getting used to it on court?

It's something completely different for me, a dress with a new design, a new model... Yes, I'm quite used to it now. What really matters is that it s comfortabe when iIm on court and it is the case, so I'm fine. there will be various designs and colors in the near future, I don't know yet when exactly, but probably in Miami or Indian Wells.

schorsch
Feb 12th, 2009, 08:41 PM
different colours, huh?

so we had green, orange... next colour must be violet then :p even though its ana's colour for maybe another 3 months or so :lol:

дalex
Feb 12th, 2009, 09:08 PM
next colour must be violet then :p even though its ana's colour for maybe another 3 months or so :lol:

Ana will wear a blue version of the violet dress at RG. :sobbing:

Just Do It
Feb 12th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Orbit ? :haha:

Well, it was about a time :lol:

дalex
Feb 13th, 2009, 06:36 PM
http://www.opengdfsuez.com/tips.php?detail=296167&language=uk
JJ: "Very tired"

After her victory over Alizé Cornet, a tired but relieved Jelena Jankovic spoke with the press. The Serbian remains optimist for her next match.

Jelena Jankovic, it was a long and difficult match, how are you feeling?
Well, we stayed on the court for nearly three hours with some long rallies... But I managed to leave the court a winner and that's counts.

What happened in the first set? You were leading 5-2 before losing 5 games in a row and giving away the first set.
I don't know. I was very frustrated and angry at myself after losing this set. I really thought that I would win the first set and I let her come back. It made me mad. It hurt when I thought that I would have to earn two more sets to win. Luckily, I was able to set aside my frustration and concentrate on the game by playing one point after another.

You just played two three-set matches. Does this worry you at all?
No, not at all. On the contrary, it's a good sign. That means I'm capable of winning matches even when I'm not in shape. You can't always feel great. You have to accept playing matches even when you're playing badly.

Was it difficult to play with the crowd rooting for Alizé?
It's never easy to play a local player. Her fans were really backing her up. But this crowd has quite a sense of fair play. They were applauding my points along with hers.

This could start over again tomorrow if you play against Amélie Mauresmo...
That doesn't bother me. I will try to concentrate on my game. I just have to think about what I need to do to win.

дalex
Feb 13th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Alize: "In the third, Jelena was not beautiful." (http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.opengdfsuez.com%2Ftips.php%3Fde tail%3D296165%26language%3Dfr&sl=fr&tl=en&history_state0=)

:(

Hashim.
Feb 13th, 2009, 07:11 PM
^huh??:spit:

Princeza
Feb 13th, 2009, 07:42 PM
It just means Jelena wasn't showing off/wasn't at her best so Alizé felt she lacked only a few points. Not that negative :p it's a special sentence.

дalex
Feb 13th, 2009, 07:50 PM
^I know, but the translation amuses me. :lol:

Princeza
Feb 13th, 2009, 07:59 PM
But you know some people could open a GM thread with "Bombshell : Alizé says JJ is ugly" :awww:

You know they could :sobbing:

Ian Aberdon
Feb 14th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Yes....they could....:devil:

Foon_JJ
Feb 14th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Jelena Jankovic: A Great Experience

Saturday, 14 February 2009 at 18:21
After her loss against Amelie Mauresmo in the 17th Open GDF SUEZ, Serbia's Jelena Jankovic, the third player in the world, took time to answer our questions about the match and the lessons she learnt in the tournament.

There were some big tough rallies but that was not enough...

Yes, it was definitely tough, mostly because her game is quite different from the average player as she uses slice a lot and she kind of absorbs the speed you can give to the ball. I tried to hit hard and be aggressive but she kept using that slice and changing the pace, which slowed my own game down a little bit. I found myself stuck in the middle of the court sometimes, or making mistakes, like I did in the third set a lot. In the second set I was fine, I was playing aggressively enough and I had all the momentum behind me. But in the last set, I didn't do enough on court and I let go of the few very close games we had at the beginning. Today was not my day, she was obviously better, she deserved to win.

There was a key game in the third set, at 2-1...

Yes, it was a crucial moment, and there were a few close calls that can't be challenged here, unfortunately. The outcome didn't go my way and that allowed her to take the lead, to assume leadership of the match and after that it was too tough for me to come back. I was still in the match, of course, but I just didn't do what I was supposed to do.

You seemed to struggle a lot with your first serve, which made it hard for you to close your serve games...

Yes, my serve isn't working too well at the moment and it's definitely something I need to improve because I can do a lot of damage with my groundstrokes but if my serve is weak, that sort of cancels the advantage I could take. Hard work on my serve should make my life easier.

After all those three-set matches, how did you feel physically?

I felt very sore, I can tell you! Especially at practice and before the match, as I was warming up. But as soon as I started playing and competing, I forgot about what was hurting and what was feeling tight, I was just fine.

Your game here at the Open GDF SUEZ is still an improvement over how you played in Australia, right?

Yes, it's a major step forward compared to Autralia. I'm moving a lot better than there, which is a great satisfaction, a very positive thing. I came here mostly to get to play top level matches and I got matches against some of the top players in the world in tight matches, which did a lot to improve my game and my confidence as well. Match after match, I'm sure things will keep getting better and better for me, starting with the next tournament. So this tournament has been a great experience for me because of all that.

http://www.opengdfsuez.com/tips.php?detail=296468&language=uk

terjw
Feb 14th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Jelena Jankovic: A Great Experience

Saturday, 14 February 2009 at 18:21
After her loss against Amelie Mauresmo in the 17th Open GDF SUEZ, Serbia's Jelena Jankovic, the third player in the world, took time to answer our questions about the match and the lessons she learnt in the tournament.

There were some big tough rallies but that was not enough...

Yes, it was definitely tough, mostly because her game is quite different from the average player as she uses slice a lot and she kind of absorbs the speed you can give to the ball. I tried to hit hard and be aggressive but she kept using that slice and changing the pace, which slowed my own game down a little bit. I found myself stuck in the middle of the court sometimes, or making mistakes, like I did in the third set a lot. In the second set I was fine, I was playing aggressively enough and I had all the momentum behind me. But in the last set, I didn't do enough on court and I let go of the few very close games we had at the beginning. Today was not my day, she was obviously better, she deserved to win.

There was a key game in the third set, at 2-1...

Yes, it was a crucial moment, and there were a few close calls that can't be challenged here, unfortunately. The outcome didn't go my way and that allowed her to take the lead, to assume leadership of the match and after that it was too tough for me to come back. I was still in the match, of course, but I just didn't do what I was supposed to do.

You seemed to struggle a lot with your first serve, which made it hard for you to close your serve games...

Yes, my serve isn't working too well at the moment and it's definitely something I need to improve because I can do a lot of damage with my groundstrokes but if my serve is weak, that sort of cancels the advantage I could take. Hard work on my serve should make my life easier.

After all those three-set matches, how did you feel physically?

I felt very sore, I can tell you! Especially at practice and before the match, as I was warming up. But as soon as I started playing and competing, I forgot about what was hurting and what was feeling tight, I was just fine.

Your game here at the Open GDF SUEZ is still an improvement over how you played in Australia, right?

Yes, it's a major step forward compared to Autralia. I'm moving a lot better than there, which is a great satisfaction, a very positive thing. I came here mostly to get to play top level matches and I got matches against some of the top players in the world in tight matches, which did a lot to improve my game and my confidence as well. Match after match, I'm sure things will keep getting better and better for me, starting with the next tournament. So this tournament has been a great experience for me because of all that.

http://www.opengdfsuez.com/tips.php?detail=296468&language=uk

Hopefully she can work on that serve and improve it. But she definitely knows that's the thing she needs to improve.

I didn't see her at much at the AO except against Marion. And I certainly think her movement today was better than against Marion. And that was the thing worrying everyone at the AO.

JadeFox
Feb 14th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Hopefully she can work on that serve and improve it. But she definitely knows that's the thing she needs to improve.

I didn't see her at much at the AO except against Marion. And I certainly think her movement today was better than against Marion. And that was the thing worrying everyone at the AO.

Yeah she seems...self aware of what she needs to work on. What's going on here? She usually doesn't have a clue!:eek:

I still maintain her lack of concentration was what cost her the match against Momo, but beefing up her serve is always a plus.

ms_nut
Feb 14th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Yeah she seems...self aware of what she needs to work on. What's going on here? She usually doesn't have a clue!:eek:

I still maintain her lack of concentration was what cost her the match against Momo, but beefing up her serve is always a plus.

I totally agree with you.. she was cruising, having won 7 games in a row and lost her concentration.Also, when she was down after losing the first set, she played agressively.. once she started getting on a roll, she backed down and expected Mauresmo to hand her the match...why she starts to play passively.. i'll never figure out..:confused:

дalex
Feb 15th, 2009, 09:35 AM
once she started getting on a roll, she backed down and expected Mauresmo to hand her the match...why she starts to play passively.. i'll never figure out..:confused:

Exactly how I feel! But people are right, it all starts with her serve, it's the first thing that goes passive - she just rolls it in and she expects her opponent will self-destruct. And her ground game just goes with her serve as well. She tried to attack later in the third set but it seemed a desperate and panicky attempt 'cos she was mostly missing those shots. I really don't know why she does that... and it seems like in the crucial times of the match she's never able to find her aggressive game.

It didn't happen against Serena in the US final though, but it's just not a good comparison cos she had to try everything to get to the third set. She failed, but now I feel that if there was a third set she would have turned into a human backboard expecting Serena to miss and that would ultimately make her lose anyway.

I think Jelena knows all this and I'm the eternal optimist so I still think she'll sort all those issues. If not she's the one that will regret it the most. We can analyze all we want but it's one thing to know what the problem is and completely different to implement the right game on the court...

-NAJ-
Feb 15th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Serve is not the hardest shot in tennis, but is the most important. I just hope that she will work with other coaches on her serve. She must try something diferent

Tashi
Feb 15th, 2009, 06:31 PM
http://communities.canada.com/montrealgazette/blogs/opencourt/archive/2009/02/14/jankovic-s-coach-a-pain-really.aspx

Jankovic's coach - a pain, really

This guy, Ricardo Sanchez, hardly ever sits down during her matches.

After she went down in flames against Amélie Mauresmo in the Paris semi-final Saturday – a match during which, instead of hanging tough and waiting until the increasingly fragile Mauresmo cracked, she increasingly complained about the officiating. Afterwards, according to this blog, Sanchez accosted chair umpire Kader Nouni (right) in the hallways and accused him of ruining the match. Remember, it was 6-1 in the third, six straight games for Mauresmo after Jankovic, who had bageled Mauresmo in the second set, opened the third by breaking her.

Nouni, it has to be said, blew an overrule in the very first game, giving Mauresmo a point and avoiding a tough break situation right off the bat. But it wasn't that bad.

Awhile back, we also recall Sanchez with the stopwatch out, timing Venus Williams during a long three-setter in Stuttgart in October. Williams was definitely on fumes, rare to see with her, stalling between points.

Like pupil, like teacher, we guess. Jankovic whines a lot, too.

Sanchez, :o. The line calls were bad but there are some things that you just don't do. If I were him I would've been more upset at JJ for letting things she can't control get to her.

schorsch
Feb 15th, 2009, 07:03 PM
http://www.barclaysdubaitennischampionships.com/4/photogallery/2009/wday1/14.jpg
is yan zi wearing anta? or is that lining?

-NAJ-
Feb 15th, 2009, 07:07 PM
It is Li Ning, i think

~Kiera~
Feb 15th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Sanchez, :o. The line calls were bad but there are some things that you just don't do. If I were him I would've been more upset at JJ for letting things she can't control get to her.

If he confronted Nouni about it, he's absolutely out of order. I'm not sure I'd put 100% faith in the accuracy of a comment on a blog, though.

http://www.barclaysdubaitennischampionships.com/4/photogallery/2009/wday1/14.jpg
is yan zi wearing anta? or is that lining?

Looks like it's Li Ning.

schorsch
Feb 15th, 2009, 07:13 PM
ya, to me, too :P

now jj has more reasons to finally beat her :devil:

Princeza
Feb 15th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Jankovic's coach - a pain, really

This guy, Ricardo Sanchez, hardly ever sits down during her matches.
He was standing up many times indeed, even when JJ wasn't looking at him. Few times she looked, she seemed to be complaining, no wonder why he looked pissed.

дalex
Feb 16th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Once again, Jelena proves that she knows what the problem is...
http://www.novosti.rs/code/navigate.php?Id=13&status=jedna&vest=138003
Jelena: I will be my old self!

Jelena Jankovic - it's like there's two of them. When her game is on - no one can match her. When her opponents push her, everything goes wrong. In those moments, Jelena looks without will, she makes errors, she gets frustrated...
That's best seen in really weird scoreline in the Paris SF against Amelie Mauresmo. After she easily lost the first set (2-6), in Jelena has woken up her fighting spirit. She magnificently came back to win the second set (6-0), but in the third set one game that featured some long points and lucky hold of serve for Amelie, was enough for Jelena's game to go downhill (1-6).

In her previous match against Cornet she also lost the first set but was able to complete the comeback and win the match.

- After I lost the first set against Cornet, I was frustrated with myself, I was very nervous 'cos I let my opponent come back and win the set that should have been "mine". It wasn't easy to bare the thought that I have to stay on the court long and play two more sets. But I managed to forget about all the things I did wrong. I was concentrated for the rest of the match and fought till the end and prevented the upset.

Those lapses are more about lack of concentration, it seems, than about current form and quality?
- I play good for a few games and then I start to play badly. It's up & down all the time, which is something I can't allow to happen at this level. Simply, I have to play the whole match with the same intensity. But it's only the second tournament of the year. I haven't played for some time and what I need the most right now is to play matches. I need to feel that atmosphere and pressure in tight matches.

What makes the difference in those moments?
- The most important is that I have my fighting spirit, 'cos I can play good or bad, but if I lack motivation and if in my mind I'm not there on the court - then it's really difficult.

Still, are you satisfied with your game?
- There's still a lot of work to be done, but overall I think it's going up. However, in matches my level goes up and down all the time. If it's up I'm really dominating my opponents and you can see they aren't able to match my game. But when it's down then it's a match of two equal players and that's not how it should be.

So, essentially, not much depends on your opponent's game?
- The most important is for me to play how I know I can, to be aggressive. In that rhythm there's only few players that can stay with me. They have to leave their hearts on the court just to win a point against me. If I take over the initiative in a point, I have the advantage. That's what I really need to fix in my next matches.

Can you take any positives from this tournament?
- My game is now better than it was in Australia. That's a big step forward and it makes me happy. I move much better, my shots are a lot deeper and I'm starting to play more aggressive. I have more confidence as well. I should work some more on improving my first serve and on finishing shots in points. Compared to how I played in Australia I feel that my timing is much better. I get myself positioned better behind the ball and my balance is better. In Australia I was late for every shot.

Foon_JJ
Feb 16th, 2009, 10:35 AM

Thanks for the interview:wavey:

Wayn77
Feb 16th, 2009, 11:40 AM

Thanks Alex, terrific little interview.

Hasn't been a convincing start to the season.

Jelena is saying all the right things here, kind of agree with most with it.

Hoping she finds some red-hot form .... soon.

Foon_JJ
Feb 16th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks Alex, terrific little interview.

Hasn't been a convincing start to the season.

Jelena is saying all the right things here, kind of agree with most with it.

Hoping she finds some red-hot form .... soon.

I hope so!:cool:

~Kiera~
Feb 16th, 2009, 06:09 PM
http://www.thenational.ae/article/20090216/SPORT/940376292/-1/SPORT

Jankovic determined to regain lost ground
William Johnson

Last Updated: February 16. 2009 8:56PM UAE / February 16. 2009 4:56PM GMT DUBAI // Jelena Jankovic did not fret about losing the world’s top ranking to Serena Williams at last month’s Australian Open.

Fighting her way to the summit of her profession and fulfilling one of her two principal career objectives was the main thing.

Jankovic, desperate to win a first grand slam title to achieve her other main goal, is now regrouping after fitness problems to retrieve that lost ground. And she is convinced that she is on track to capitalise on any form lapses by the two women now rated better than her – Russia’s Dinara Safina is the other.

“I finished as No 1 last year and that is something that I can feel very proud of,” Jankovic said. “Not many girls have done that.”

Serbia’s leading female sportswoman – she continues to be in rivalry with the world No 8 Ana Ivanovic for that honour – took great encouragement from her performance as a wild card in Paris last week where she shook off the sluggishness she felt in Melbourne to reach the semi-finals and lose to the eventual champion Amelie Mauresmo.

“I felt at times that I was in slow motion in Australia,” she reflected. “It was a complete disaster for me. It is a very uncomfortable feeling when you feel like that. I was moving much more smoothly in Paris.”

Jankovic, 23, admits to being a rhythm player and she needs to play more matches than most of her counterparts to maintain that rhythm.

“When you don’t compete for a while, your hand-eye coordination and reactions suffer,” said the third seed who today faces Romania’s Monica Niculescu in the second round of the Barclays Championships.

“You are just kind of sleeping out there. You can play a lot of sparring matches and train for hours and hours but practice and a real match is a completely different story.

“The atmosphere, the tension, the pressure of playing big points. Everything is different.

“That’s why I need to play and play to get into that rhythm again.

“I feel that I am on the right track. I am very much better than I was in Australia so that’s a positive thing,” she added.

Foon_JJ
Feb 17th, 2009, 12:21 AM
http://www.thenational.ae/article/20090216/SPORT/940376292/-1/SPORT

Thanks for the interview!
AJDE Jelena!:wavey:

~Kiera~
Feb 17th, 2009, 12:18 PM
http://www.xpress4me.com/sport/uae/tennis/20011957.html

Jankovic keen on improving her game

She may not be the world number one any more, but it takes a lot more than that to stop Jelena Jankovic from smiling.

For a player who has always stressed on enjoying the game, Jankovic has achieved quite a lot at just 23. Her consistency and power towards the latter half of last season propelled her to the top of the Sony Ericcson WTA Tour rankings, a position she finished the year in.

But what didn’t go unnoticed by her critics is the fact that the Serbian got there without winning a Grand Slam. Even Roger Federer voiced his disapproval on the matter recently.

Remind Jankovic about it and she responds with the same swiftness you often see her demonstrate on court.

“Everybody has the right to think in their own way,” she said. “That’s his opinion. But the rankings didn’t fall from the sky. I didn’t get the points because someone gave them to me. I earned it because I played the same tournaments everyone else played. And I finished number one because I guess had more consistent results than anybody.

That’s all I can say. I don’t think about what anybody else is saying. You can always find things to say about every player. But I just focus on myself and what I can do to achieve my own goals.”

So in that sense, is she relieved not to be in the hot seat anymore now that she is the world number three?

“Not really. To be honest, when I was number one I liked being in that position. It’s something that every body wants to be. When you’re there you have nothing to lose. You have achieved something great and it’s something every player dreams of doing.

She added: “There is no reason to put pressure on yourself. You just go out and enjoy your tennis. The most important thing is to have fun. It’s really about going out there to perform at your best with a smile on your face.

“I’m still only 23 so I have lot of years to play and lot of time to prove myself and to prove things to me not to anybody else.

“I don’t care about being number three or number one. I just care about getting better and improving my tennis. And this is what I’m trying to do at this moment.”

Foon_JJ
Feb 17th, 2009, 12:26 PM
http://www.xpress4me.com/sport/uae/tennis/20011957.html

She added: “There is no reason to put pressure on yourself. You just go out and enjoy your tennis. The most important thing is to have fun. It’s really about going out there to perform at your best with a smile on your face.

“I’m still only 23 so I have lot of years to play and lot of time to prove myself and to prove things to me not to anybody else.

Great said :hearts:
AJDE Jelena!

~Kiera~
Feb 17th, 2009, 07:59 PM
http://www.gulfnews.com/sport/Tennis/10287052.html

Bright future for Serbia - Jankovic
By Alaric Gomes, Senior Reporter
Published: February 17, 2009, 22:41

Dubai: Jelena Jankovic is confident of Serbia's continued surge at the international arena owing to the recent successes achieved by its tennis stars.

Jankovic, Ana Ivanovic and Novak Djokovic have taken the game to a new level and youngsters are aspiring to better their exploits.

"It has been an amazing experience to see such a huge number of young people pick up a tennis racquet. Football is no longer the No 1 sport in Serbia. Tennis has grown in leaps and bounds and everyone is looking up to us with admiration," she told the media.

"Young kids now have someone to motivate them along. We did not have this luxury when we were youngsters."

The Serbian former world No 1 also feels that the current economic status will only make youngsters in the country more hungry for success.

"Tennis is a wealthy sport and one needs to have the best equipment and facilities. But sometimes when you don't have everything it helps people, like in the case of many players coming from eastern European countries to stay hungry for more," Jankovic said.

The Serbian, 24, who lost to Marion Bartoli in the fourth round of the Australian Open, however, is still undecided about the future.

A variety of issues from her role in Serbian tennis to where she would live once her career is over are still pending.

"I have really not decided on these things. I have a place in Florida, where I spend a lot of time and I also go home in between tournaments held in Europe," said Jankovic.

"I will want to settle down and have a family, and I have not yet made up my mind on these matters."

One of the options before Jankovic is the possibility of being part of a tennis training centre funded by the Serbian government. Jankovic admitted that she could be a part of such a project, but was unsure whether she would want to do so.

The other option is a career in coaching youngsters in Serbia. "Maybe when I stop playing I will start coaching. That would be nice. But I would need to be dedicated and spend time with the youngsters. It would be a good option to invest in a training academy and help youngsters in Serbia."

Jankovic is among a handful of rising tennis stars that have made all the difference to the sport in Serbia.

Poor kids. Imagine being coached by Jelena :scared:

~Kiera~
Feb 18th, 2009, 05:58 PM
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2009/02/18/sports/TEN-Dubai-Championships.php

Jankovic upset by emerging talent Kanepi

The Associated Press
Wednesday, February 18, 2009

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates: Jelena Jankovic was beaten by emerging talent Kaia Kanepi, who defeated the third-seeded Serb in straight sets Wednesday to enter the quarterfinals of the Dubai Tennis Championship.

The 16th-seeded Estonian, playing her first tournament in Dubai, dazzled with powerful strokes and serves, winning 6-2, 7-5 in 1 hour 25 minutes.

Sixth seed Venus Williams stayed on course for a semifinal clash with younger sister and top seed Serena with a comfortable 6-3, 6-2 win over the 11th seed Alize Cornet of France. Serena was scheduled to take on the 13th seed Chinese Zheng Jie in the final match of the day.

Also moving into the last eight was the eighth seed Ana Ivanovic of Serbia, winning 6-2, 7-6 (5) over Frenchwoman Camille Pin, while defending champion Elena Dementieva of Russia was impressive in her quick 6-1, 6-3 win over Spaniard Anabel Medina Garrigues.

Kanepi completely dominated an off-color Jankovic, who got her first break in the fifth game of the second set when the 23-year-old Estonian double faulted on second break point.

Down 6-2, 4-0 at one stage, Jankovic managed to pull level in the second set at 5-5, before Kanepi sealed the match by breaking her in the 12th game.

Jankovic, a former No. 1, offered no excuses after the game.

"This was the worst match of my career. It was a horrible day. I kept framing the ball, kept making unforced errors and could not put two balls together on the court. I didn't move properly, and I didn't see the ball properly," said the No. 3.

"She didn't have to do too much. Basically, I beat myself. I don't know what happened out there. I am ashamed of this performance."

Kanepi, whose previous biggest victory came against sixth-ranked Anna Chakvedatze in last year's French Open, said: "I am really delighted. It was my tactic to mix it up and it worked."

"I did get a bit tight and started thinking too much when I was 4-0 up in the second, but such things happen when you have the opportunity to beat such a top player. Thankfully, I managed to pull it back."

Venus faced stiff resistance in the early part of her match. She started in a very aggressive fashion, but adopted a more conservative approach and began to dominate the proceedings against the 10th-seeded Cornet.

"It was interesting. I missed a few shots long and I was a little upset about that, but I managed to rein it in. She is obviously a really good player with a lot of potential. I'm sure she didn't play the way she wanted, but I think I was able to put some pressure on her," said Venus after the match.

"I made more errors than yesterday. I rushed a little bit in the first set and then realized it in the second and started pulling back a little bit on my shots."

Vera Zvonareva, the fifth-seeded Russian, advanced when former Wimbledon finalist Marion Bartoli quit while trailing 2-5 because of painful blisters in her feet. Dominika Cibulkova, the 12th seed from Slovakia also retired after feeling sick in the deciding set against Russian qualifier Elena Vesnina, who had upset the seventh-seeded Svetlana Kuznetsova in the second round.

The Dubai Tennis Championship, a WTA Tour Premier-5 event, has attracted a quality field this year with nine of the top-10 players in the WTA Tour rankings competing.

But the tournament was overshadowed by the Emirates' refusal to grant a visa to Israeli player Shahar Peer, a move that could lead to the event being struck from next year's calendar.

Organizers of the Dubai Tennis Championships have said Peer was denied a visa last weekend due to security concerns. Citing fan anger over Israel's recent military offensive in the Gaza Strip, they said they feared riots could break out.

What a thing to say, Jelena :tape: :help:

дalex
Feb 18th, 2009, 06:03 PM

Exciting times coming to GM soon.

I agree with Jelena, it's one of her worst performances ever.

Wrekin
Feb 18th, 2009, 06:04 PM
"This was the worst match of my career. It was a horrible day. I kept framing the ball, kept making unforced errors and could not put two balls together on the court. I didn't move properly, and I didn't see the ball properly," said the No. 3.

"She didn't have to do too much. Basically, I beat myself. I don't know what happened out there. I am ashamed of this performance

Bravo jelena.

If you can say that, at least there's hope.

~Kiera~
Feb 18th, 2009, 08:44 PM

Exciting times coming to GM soon.

Didn't take too long...

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=15036634

I'm not surprised. She never should have said it.

JadeFox
Feb 18th, 2009, 08:49 PM
At this point I don't give a damn what GM thinks. It's not like they were ever going to like her anyways even if she did say all the right things.

дalex
Feb 18th, 2009, 08:59 PM
It took more time than I expected. :lol:

I agree it's not fair to Kaia but if that's how JJ feels then she shouldn't hold back just because it sounds bad. She played awfully and if she didn't give match to Kaia she sure did make it easier for her.

Brena
Feb 18th, 2009, 09:09 PM
At this point I don't give a damn what GM thinks. It's not like they were ever going to like her anyways even if she did say all the right things.

That's exactly how I feel.

Ian Aberdon
Feb 19th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Oops it was YESTERDAY JJ lost - I though it was TODAY!!! :eek: :lol:

Sorry, was bloody knackered yesterday, my head was in a bucket! :lol:

Wrekin
Feb 19th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Things are still rumbling over on GM, but JJ's getting a lot of support from some unexpected quarters.

I particularly liked this post:

Players should just say what they believe to be the truth and not be responsible for spouting goofy politically correct statements designed to make fans of their opponents feel better - like when Serena told the AO crowd that Safina "put on a great show" in her final.

I've been a tennis fan for over 25 years but I'll never understand tennis fans. These tennis players are professionals and don't need the validation of their opponents in pressers to make them feel better about themselves (correction - they shouldn't need that) and as competitors they shouldn't be expected to boost their opponents. The New York Yankees don't go out of their way to say nice things about the Boston Red Sox and vice versa. AND UNLIKE IN TENNIS CIRCLES - NOBODY EXPECTS THEM TOO. Jelena Jankovic has on occacion said disrespectful things about opponents, but what has been quoted above is not one of them. She just made an honest critical assesment of her own play..period. I'm sick of tennis fans acting like that is bad form. It isn't.

My own view is that I believe in giving credit where you can talk about the detail of how you and your opponent's games matched up, but if you just play like a dog you have to say so :shrug:

There was real emotion in JJ's outburst and it shows she appreciates the gravity of the situation.

Brena
Feb 19th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Oops it was YESTERDAY JJ lost - I though it was TODAY!!! :eek: :lol:

Oh, Rich... :rolls::rolls:
Do you know she also lost that RG 08 SF to Ana? :sad::p

Things are still rumbling over on GM, but JJ's getting a lot of support from some unexpected quarters.

I particularly liked this post:

My own view is that I believe in giving credit where you can talk about the detail of how you and your opponent's games matched up, but if you just play like a dog you have to say so :shrug:

There was real emotion in JJ's outburst and it shows she appreciates the gravity of the situation.

Agreed. Otherwise it's pure hypocrisy.

Ian Aberdon
Feb 19th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Zoj who was that bloke JJ was with, with the very curly mop, playing MxD? I hear he's Andy Murray's brother! :lol:

(Don't think he plays much tennis these days...:rolleyes:)

~Kiera~
Feb 19th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Personally, I think it's fine to say you played a terrible match. I don't think anyone could disagree with such an assessment. It's another thing though to say "I beat myself" ™. That implies your opponent did nothing other than simply turn up on the day and stand on the other side of the net.

It is a tad insulting, even if it's not intended to be.

http://www.gulfnews.com/sport/Tennis/10287744.html

Jankovic positive despite dismal show in Dubai
By Alaric Gomes, Senior Reporter
Published: February 19, 2009, 23:11

Dubai: Despite beating a hasty retreat from the Barclays Dubai Tennis Championships, World No 3 Jelena Jankovic says she has plenty of reason to depart with her head held high.

"Of course, I do not have any positives that I can take from today's match," Jankovic admitted after her 6-2, 7-5 defeat to Estonia's Kaia Kanepi on Wednesday.

"But I can leave with my head held high considering that this is only the start of the season and there are so many tournaments and the year is still ahead of us," Jankovic stated.

"I've had a good record here and I am not used to leave so early in the tournament here as I enjoy being in this place," she added.

Jankovic found it very difficult to accept the manner in which she played and caved in to her opponent.

"I am ashamed with the way I played today, but I will have to live with this for a long time. This is the worst match of my career," the Serbian fumed.

"It will be hard to get back into form, but this is the way it goes and I will have to work hard to get back to where I was at the end of last season," she said.

Jankovic, who turns 24 on the last day of this month, has had quite a modest year so far. And considering that she has barely played for a long period after ending last year with a career high No 1, the Serbian, by her own admission, has been content.

She advanced to the fourth round where she lost to Frenchwoman Marion Bartoli at this year's Australian Open. And earlier this month, she went 2-1 up in her country's 4-1 win against Japan in the Fed Cup World Group II encounter.

But Wednesday's performance was the most dismal by her standards and it left her far from happy. "I didn't feel like a top-three player at all. I was simply not there on court. That was someone else playing out there. That was not me," she shrugged.

However, bad her display on Wednesday, Jankovic should get due credit for giving it her best shot especially in the second set where she came back from 0-4 down to draw level at 4-4. But she faltered once again at the very last hurdle as Kanepi broke her on the 12th game to go through.

"I kept telling myself to just put the ball back in court&and I couldn't even do that," she said.

She further said she was so disgusted with her form and play that she did not even have any intention of asking for a copy of the video of the match.

"I don't want to see the video because there are so many mistakes I made. It will be a good video to show someone how not to play tennis," Jankovic rued.

Ian Aberdon
Feb 19th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Yes Sarah, "I beat myself" was the comment that stood out for me.

MaBaker
Feb 19th, 2009, 08:38 PM
"I don't want to see the video because there are so many mistakes I made. It will be a good video to show someone how not to play tennis," Jankovic rued.
:spit: :worship:

дalex
Feb 19th, 2009, 09:52 PM
:lol: Jelena! At least she's still able to produce some funny quotes. She'll always be #1 at that. It's something...:shrug:

ms_nut
Feb 19th, 2009, 11:05 PM
But Jelena..:( you've showed us time and again how NOT to play tennis ..we're experts on that now.. lately all we've had to do is to tune in to any of your matches in 2009.. can you please show us how to play tennis 7 matches in a row, preferably at the slams..:bigcry:

Wrekin
Feb 20th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Yes Sarah, "I beat myself" was the comment that stood out for me.

Hi guys :wavey:

I don't want to get involved in trench warfare over this, but I am ashamed of this performancewas the comment that really stood out for me. I don't recall her ever saying something like that before.

"I beat myself" was just a clumsy choice of expression by a 23 year old girl who's got herself in a state. She can't be a politician 24/7. We all know what she really meant, and I'm sure Kanepi does too - she could probably scarcely believe her luck out there, with JJ missing every second shot.

If JJ made a habit of such comments it wouldn't be so good, but I was delighted to see some honest talking for once, rather than the usual sanitised statements. It's so endlessly exasperating the way that people will deliberately miss the spirit of a comment in order to find fault (and I don't mean you people - you just want her to hear her say the right thing and stay out of trouble).

Gosh, I have had a rant here :lol:

OK, I'll drop it now :wavey::hug:

Brena
Feb 20th, 2009, 10:04 AM
''I beat myself'' definitely sounds stupid and unfair towards one's opponent, but I don't think there's any intended malice or disrespect in that comment. It's just an unfortunate expression a young drama-queen like JJ or her soul-mate Serena come up with when they're particularly upset and unhappy with their performance.
JJ isn't always the Miss Niceness, but if I were Kanepi I'd just think ''pfft! I kicked your arse, girl'' and wouldn't give that comment a second thought. It's not like she (or anyone else) needs JJ's (or Serena's or Federer's :lol:) approval. :shrug:
However, I think that what JJ should have said was ''I am an idiot'' rather than ''I beat myself''. And she should be forced to watch that video over and over again just to get an idea of the suffering she puts us through. :p

дalex
Feb 21st, 2009, 12:50 PM
Mladjan Vaidisovic left his club :sad:. (maybe he'll follow JJ around the world?)
I'm expecting this slump to continue for JJ. :bigcry:

Mondo article (http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mtsmondo.com%2Fsport%2Fvesti%2F text.php%3Fvest%3D125456&sl=sr&tl=en&history_state0=)

Snex
Feb 21st, 2009, 02:01 PM
Mladjan Vaidisovic left his club :sad:. (maybe he'll follow JJ around the world?)
I'm expecting this slump to continue for JJ. :bigcry:

Mondo article (http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mtsmondo.com%2Fsport%2Fvesti%2F text.php%3Fvest%3D125456&sl=sr&tl=en&history_state0=)

:( We've got Kim Clijsters JR. Bye bye JJ and your career :bigwave:

Mladjan and Jelena Vaidisovic :lol:

Ian Aberdon
Feb 21st, 2009, 04:27 PM
I tell ya...patter of tiny feet soon!!! :haha:

Wrekin
Feb 22nd, 2009, 11:31 AM
^^ How will they earn a living?

JJ's so high maintenance :lol:

~Kiera~
Feb 22nd, 2009, 11:36 AM
Expect to see JJ endorsed glitter and Minnie Mouse bows in shops soon ;)

louisa.
Feb 22nd, 2009, 11:40 AM
Oh God. :sobbing:

JadeFox
Feb 22nd, 2009, 11:42 AM
Expect to see JJ endorsed glitter and Minnie Mouse bows in shops soon ;)

SHHHHHHHH!!!!

Don't put that out there! She might actually HEAR YOU!:scared:

~Kiera~
Feb 22nd, 2009, 12:02 PM
SHHHHHHHH!!!!

Don't put that out there! She might actually HEAR YOU!:scared:

Well, if she's listening, how about a Jelena doll? Think of the opportunities! It could come complete with make up, nail varnish, bandages, easy to remove clothes for the ATP guys, and a jumbotron.

We could have a whole range. An Ana doll which fistpumps and shouts ajde! at the touch of a button, complete with a clothing range from the "50 plus" catalogue. A Vera doll which throws a towel over her head and cries. A Serena doll with miraculously healing body parts.

Wrekin
Feb 22nd, 2009, 12:07 PM
And a Bartoli doll that eats all your stale cake...

~Kiera~
Feb 22nd, 2009, 01:33 PM

It'd be a sure-fire hit :lol:

JadeFox
Feb 22nd, 2009, 02:09 PM

Well, if she's listening, how about a Jelena doll? Think of the opportunities! It could come complete with make up, nail varnish, bandages, easy to remove clothes for the ATP guys, and a jumbotron.

We could have a whole range. An Ana doll which fistpumps and shouts ajde! at the touch of a button, complete with a clothing range from the "50 plus" catalogue. A Vera doll which throws a towel over her head and cries. A Serena doll with miraculously healing body parts.

And we could have ATP dolls as well: A Nadal doll that picks its ass every three seconds, A Roger doll that has ridiculously good hair, and a Roddick doll that has a big serve and comes with an umpire that he can yell profanities at. :lol:

ChriS.
Feb 22nd, 2009, 06:19 PM

We could have a whole range. An Ana doll which fistpumps and shouts ajde! at the touch of a button, complete with a clothing range from the "50 plus" catalogue. A Vera doll which throws a towel over her head and cries. A Serena doll with miraculously healing body parts.:lol:

Ian Aberdon
Feb 22nd, 2009, 06:42 PM
A Serena doll would have to go in an extra-large box on account of its big arse...:devil:

downunderfan
Feb 22nd, 2009, 07:18 PM
You guys are hilarious! Anyway, it may be for good, maybe she gets some extra motivation.

MaBaker
Feb 22nd, 2009, 08:33 PM
An Ana doll which fistpumps and shouts ajde! at the touch of a button
:spit: I would definitely buy that...Rafa butt picking doll too