JadeFox
Jan 20th, 2010, 09:03 PM
She's on a mission to defend her 4th round. :shrug:

Hey man, nothing wrong with dreaming big. :cool:

Nina.
Jan 20th, 2010, 09:06 PM
LOLLL

Why there is no interview from today?

she probably forgot to go to the press conference...

~Kiera~
Jan 22nd, 2010, 02:01 AM
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2010-01-22/201001221264128635984.html

An interview with:

JELENA JANKOVIC

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Can you explain where everything went wrong.

JELENA JANKOVIC: Well, it was a tough match overall. You know, I think for me it was a big challenge. Kind of an uphill battle for me. I made a lot of errors, especially in the beginning. I thought especially in the beginning of the first I thought I had some opportunities, and she came up with some good shots from the defense.

Then, you know, the momentum went in her way in the beginning, which, you know, allowed her to get some confidence. Especially coming into this match I think I had 8‑0 or something against her.

But overall I struggled. I didn't serve well, and my opponent played really well. But I didn't raise my level of play and couldn't really find my rhythm in my game today. So overall struggled.

You know, I fought. I tried to come back. But, unfortunately, it didn't happen for me.

Q. Are you down on confidence?

JELENA JANKOVIC: Not really, no. It's just beginning of the year. It's no big deal. It's, you know, only my second tournament of the year.

And, you know, I'm a player who likes to play a lot of matches. The more I play, the better I get, and the more dangerous I get.

I just have to stay positive, keep my head up high. Just, you know, I know what I have to work on. I feel like my game is improving, and I feel like I really can raise my level and be up there. And my goal is to come back to the top again.

But unfortunately today really wasn't my day. You know, I was hitting some balls short, and then some balls I went for maybe a little bit too much. I made a lot of errors that I shouldn't have made.

And then when I was in the point, the girl, you know, came up with some good shots, you know, from the run. And when you sum all that up, it was in a negative effect on my side.

But, you know, that's part of the game. You know, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. You just have to keep going.

Q. Are you physically fit? You sound a little croaky.

JELENA JANKOVIC: You know, since I came here, I don't know if it is the air‑conditioning or something. You know, I'm a little bit clogged up. I have some problems with the, you know, breathing. But that's basically it.

Every little thing, you know, helps. But, you know, it's not really an excuse. Today was a bad game of tennis from me.

Bobisa
Jan 22nd, 2010, 02:12 AM
you know,i'm so sad but you know, I love you JeJa! :inlove:

Optima
Jan 22nd, 2010, 02:19 AM
Whateeevsss Jelena.

istillloveyoumaybeprobablyyes.

Bruno71
Jan 22nd, 2010, 02:33 AM
You know, it may be just, you know, the beginning of the, you know, year, you know, but I think, you know, JJ has to you know come to terms with the, you know, fact, you know that she just, you know, isn't that, you know, good anymore. You know?

-NAJ-
Jan 22nd, 2010, 02:35 AM
:hug:Hopefully she will be back better and stronger:shrug:

Roookie
Jan 22nd, 2010, 04:13 AM

JELENA JANKOVIC: Not really, no. It's just beginning of the year :bs:.

And, you know, I'm a player who likes to play a lot of matches :yawn:. The more I play, the better I get, and the more dangerous I get. :cuckoo:

I know what I have to work on :rolleyes:.

I feel like my game is improving :bs:

Normally I would laugh...but this isn't fun anymore.

louisa.
Jan 22nd, 2010, 09:44 AM
You know, it may be just, you know, the beginning of the, you know, year, you know, but I think, you know, JJ has to you know come to terms with the, you know, fact, you know that she just, you know, isn't that, you know, good anymore. You know?

:bigcry: you know, i think, you know, you have a point there, you know. i wish she'd just you know, go back to, you know 2008 form, you know :sad:

I miss that Jelena :hysteric:

Princeza
Jan 22nd, 2010, 10:21 AM
Jeja AO 2009 :cheer:
Q. It seems you didn't play your best tennis throughout the tournament.

JELENA JANKOVIC: Not really, you know. It's my first tournament of the year, and it takes time. I'm this kind of a player who needs a little bit of time to get used to it, you know, to get the routine playing matches and get the confidence. Then, you know, I feel that I can do whatever I want on the court.

Jeja AO 2010 :cheer:

JELENA JANKOVIC: Not really, no. It's just beginning of the year. It's no big deal. It's, you know, only my second tournament of the year.

And, you know, I'm a player who likes to play a lot of matches. The more I play, the better I get, and the more dangerous I get.

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 22nd, 2010, 10:27 AM
:spit: At least she is consistent in talking:bs:

Brena
Jan 22nd, 2010, 11:14 AM
^^ :haha:

OK, Jelena, you're funny and stuff, but there's no way I'm watching your matches ever again. I'd rather follow Wozniacki at this point.

JadeFox
Jan 22nd, 2010, 11:20 AM
^^ :haha:

OK, Jelena, you're funny and stuff, but there's no way I'm watching your matches ever again. I'd rather follow Wozniacki at this point.

You're being this dramatic, refusing to watch JJ again, and yet you got DEMENTIEVA in your avatar?

You're just a masochist huh? :lol:

Brena
Jan 22nd, 2010, 11:35 AM
You're being this dramatic, refusing to watch JJ again, and yet you got DEMENTIEVA in your avatar?

You're just a masochist huh? :lol:

Dementieva still wants to play tennis after 10+ years on the tour, giving her best and improving herself, while Jelena just doesn't care anymore. So why would I care if she doesn't. I am a masochist, but not THAT big one.
I can live with her losing another 10 or 110 times to Henin, I can live with her not winning a GS ever in her career, but I just can't watch her play like this.

Cilla
Jan 22nd, 2010, 03:08 PM
:spit: At least she is consistent in talking:bs:

:lol:

JadeFox
Jan 22nd, 2010, 03:46 PM
Dementieva still wants to play tennis after 10+ years on the tour, giving her best and improving herself, while Jelena just doesn't care anymore. So why would I care if she doesn't. I am a masochist, but not THAT big one.
I can live with her losing another 10 or 110 times to Henin, I can live with her not winning a GS ever in her career, but I just can't watch her play like this.

:hug:

I understand.

-Valérie-
Jan 22nd, 2010, 06:16 PM
I just want to point out something unusual. Something that JJ was doing only on rare occasions when she was losing: congratulate the winner, this is not something she usually does. And she did it last night. Darren Saligari from the AO web even said in his popcorn tennis summary and i quote;

Good sport
Jelena Jankovic. Jankers had a bit of a sniffle, but it wasn’t a runny nose that tripped up the Serbian, and she knew it. The former Australian Open semi-finalist did the right thing and praised her opponent rather than try to use her ill health as an her excuse.

She might have praised her opponent, rather than try to use her ill health as an excuse, but if you asked me, i rather she would have. That would have been more JJ like. It's like being tired to find excuse and tired to play ???

There is something wrong with her attitude, her motivation, her energy, her confidence. If she was motivated like Ricardo is, she would win them all.

We all miss our JJ, the one that was running and returning all the balls. But let me tell you that she certainly miss that JJ to! She probably looked inside to try to find her, but couldn't! I was hoping for a 2009 revanche in 2010, and you all know me to be the positive one, the one that some think being not objective and blind, well, i am not...

I am not sure JJ can be the player she was in 2008 again, and 2010 will look just like 2009. Some ups, some downs, a title or 2, until she can have this series of match that she would win not just because the other player didn't play well, but because she play it the old fashion way, like the JJ we use to know, SHE used to know.

I am a great fan of tennis, fortunately, i am delighted to see other other perform, but it is sure a pitty to see a player that could have been more than 18 weeks the best player in the world struggle this way.

I won't be mad at her, i won't throw her any stone, or say any bad thing, even if she fail now, she works hard and keep trying. i will always hope that one day, we'll see the JJ we used to see again but till then, I'll be delighted for any glimpses, as short as they might be, of the talent she has, until she can display again all her weapons for longer then a match or two.

It has been a while since my last long posting and didn't intent it to be that long, but i had to.

Amen.

Smoothstuff
Jan 22nd, 2010, 07:04 PM
Amen indeed Valerie :worship:

*Anja*
Jan 22nd, 2010, 08:19 PM
Amen indeed Valerie :worship:

I agree! :worship: :worship:

Bruno71
Jan 22nd, 2010, 09:54 PM
JJ's been more gracious in interviews for some time now. Perhaps it's been as long as she's "slumped."

Bobisa
Jan 22nd, 2010, 10:07 PM
Valerie :worship: :hug:

дalex
Jan 23rd, 2010, 04:20 PM
She is physically fit, playing aggressive tennis, and her strokes are some of the best (especially her backhand). I just feel like Jankovic is on a mission this year and it is going to take a lot to stop her.

Wonder what he thinks now. http://i46.tinypic.com/17a1p5.gif

Optima
Jan 23rd, 2010, 04:24 PM
It's all in her head and attitude...

ChriS.
Jan 23rd, 2010, 07:00 PM
It's all in her head and attitude...I agree. What JJ needs is someone to convince her that she was never number 1 - it was all a big mistake. Her ambition was strong enough to just about reach number one but is not strong enough to push on to be remembered as a great champion. So I wish they really would 'take it away from her' because she is still good enough to win more than one grand slam. However, JJ is a very intelligent person and she wants more from life than tennis. I think she has reached her tennis ambition so now she wants to continue playing at the top level, to be adored by her loyal fans and to have fun. Maybe we should applaud her that.

-NAJ-
Jan 23rd, 2010, 07:13 PM
Many people who saw her on practice court said that she is playing good and that she is in good form. I don't know what is happening with her when she plays real match

ChriS.
Jan 23rd, 2010, 07:23 PM
Many people who saw her on practice court said that she is playing good and that she is in good form. I don't know what is happening with her when she plays real matchYes, apart from the serve which seems very contrived she was in reasonable form but I was disappointed that she let a much lesser player (who did excel on the day) beat her without the fight I would expect from JJ.

-NAJ-
Jan 23rd, 2010, 07:45 PM
JJ style was between counterpuncher and aggressive baseliner but she lost that mix. Her game from baseline is weak she is making too much UEs and losing matches without fight.
She proved us that she can be in top 10 with that mess game but i am sure that she don't wants just that for herself
Alona played great but JJ made 40 UEs in match she lost 6-2 6-3:help:That is not Jelena.

yes, that serve is weird, she is going to be lucky is don't get some injury because that motion, btw I'm not expert but it looks really strange :)

Roookie
Jan 23rd, 2010, 09:13 PM
I think Jelena is trying and working hard...just not in her matches :lol:. She keeps making wrong decisions. Last year the bulking nightmare...now a lovely new serve motion :help:. She's becoming a journeywoman and a choker with a useless serve. She needs to find confidence from anywhere she can...but its getting harder and harder, new lows every week.

Nice to see her having fun at the doubles...hope she continues playing.

Bobisa
Jan 24th, 2010, 04:10 PM
http://www.politika.rs/rubrike/Magazin/Ne-pati-za-modnim-ludostima.lt.html

http://www.politika.rs:8080/uploads/rubrike/120539/i/1/jelena-1.jpg

LoLex
Jan 24th, 2010, 04:11 PM
http://www.politika.rs/rubrike/Magazin/Ne-pati-za-modnim-ludostima.lt.html

http://www.politika.rs:8080/uploads/rubrike/120539/i/3/jelena-3.jpg

LOL :o

дalex
Jan 24th, 2010, 05:43 PM
From facebook...

Jelena Jankovic lost! uurg didnt play well. have to stay positive, keep working and get ready for next one. Back to the USA now.

You need to start winning again, gurl! Serena's been seen bffing with Caro and Vika. :(

JadeFox
Jan 24th, 2010, 05:48 PM
No surprise, everyone knows Serena only likes blondes anyway. :rolleyes:

And I want to type "urrg" in a sentence elsewhere on the Internet before I die. :lol:

дalex
Jan 24th, 2010, 05:54 PM

And I want to type "urrg" in a sentence elsewhere on the Internet before I die. :lol:

Well, God knows Jeca deluded herself into thinking she's a nubile young blond, too.

Uurg, don't you mean "uurg"?

JadeFox
Jan 24th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Well, God knows Jeca deluded herself into thinking she's a nubile young blond, too.

Delusion + JJ = :silly:

Uurg, don't you mean "uurg"?

*Smacks forehead* But of course. JJ's :silly: is wearing off on me. :lol:

-NAJ-
Jan 24th, 2010, 06:05 PM
From facebook...

Is that really Jelena on facebook page or that man from IMG :confused:

Optima
Jan 24th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Well..I dunno, they have really specific videos there that very few people could have access to, so it's kind of hard to tell.

Bobisa
Jan 24th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Is that really Jelena on facebook page or that man from IMG :confused:
it's not Jelena...

Optima
Jan 24th, 2010, 07:39 PM
It has to be someone pretty close to her though :shrug:

-NAJ-
Jan 24th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Thank you Bobisa.

i found this:
http://www.novosti.rs/code/navigate.php?Id=13&status=jedna&vest=168922&title_add=Potrebne%20mame%2C%20%3Cbr%2F%3Eali%20i% 20psiholog!&kword_add=jelena%20jankovic%20ana%20ivanovic%2C%20 radmilo%20armenulic
google translate

Required mothers,and psychologist
http://www.novosti.rs/upload/images/2010/01jan/2401/ivanovic-jankovic.jpg
Dragana and Snezana, comeback to the stands! Only with you Ana and Jelena can again begin to win - said Serbian tennis guru Radmilo Armenulic. Our former Devis Cup coach and one of the most respected experts in the country believes that the closest family members support our players in tournaments around the world smaller than before, which is one of the key reasons staggering Ivanovic and Jankovic.
- When moms Dragana and Snezana were often in the stands with his daughter, everything was much better for them. I do not know why they broke with this tradition, because it is in other cases showed a good recipe. For example, Dementieva travel and train with his mother, and it brings results, and the like and the Bondarenko sisters, Carolina Voznijacki or Vilijamsovih. Parents, in general, much help and influence their children to foster healthy reason. Also, it is easier when players know that the stadium with you have the support of someone who loves and appreciates them. It seems that Ana and Jelena at one point decided to change all that, probably from a desire to become independent, which was not good, because from then on it all went downhill - says the "News" Armenulic.
* Does the defeat, perhaps coincided with the moment of signing the sponsorship contract višemilionskih?
- I think the sponsors and contracts did not affect the form of Anne and Helen. After all, there are many players who earn more than them, like Sharapova, Henin, Vilijamsovih, and they still play well. When you have enough money, material things one day you cease to delight and interest.
* In his professional teams Ana and Jelena have psychologists. How to have a role in everything that happens to them on the ground?
- It is absolutely clear that they both needed a psychologist. However, this type of advice here face the disapproval, as in the Balkans now moving story that a person must be crazy because he goes by psychologists, which is wrong and untrue. Psychology is an important part of any successful sports team on the planet, and wrong them Ana and Jelena omitted from his work.
* First place is something that they have reached and no one can take away, but the question is whether it will soon be able to hope for a similar
result.
- The main problem for both is precisely the fact that they were disrupting the first place. Are there were deserved or not, I would not go into it, but ultimately could not be number one to have the qualities to do so. When they then created Syndrome "all other activities of such results is a failure," they terribly bothered. If something recently no "breaks", you will be a big problem. In this case, will not be world players, but only average, utopiće in gray and will be chaos.
* Competition is increasing every year, with the returnees and Enan Klajstersovu is more and more young people and quality players.
- Everyone knows that the coming of new players, especially from Russia's 17 years, eager for success and titles. Other players also advancing rapidly. We, unlike them, have long stagnate. But Ana and Jelena have the quality of the top ten and need to be drew from lethargy and begin to draw the right moves. I believe in them and hope that it will soon begin to play a recognizable level.
* One of the conditions for such a thing is and urgent changes in the professional headquarters?
- Ana urgently needs to find a better coach that notes that its mistakes and corrects them. It is the same with Jelena. Her volley was extremely unsafe, and needs to change something in the game. Her service in Australia also been very bad. Therefore, it would not be bad to end cooperation with Sanchez. For the Spaniard notes that it remains in the rear occasions when you must and can participate in the volley, but not doing anything on it to change - concluded Armenulic.

Guys and fashion is not the problem
Unlike an increasing part of the public who do not look with approval in the manner in which Ana and Jelena spend leisure time, Radmilo claims that it does not see anything wrong.
- Guys, dating, shooting for magazines, fashion shows and the like are not even the slightest problem. Well, they are young and beautiful and have time to deal with, and recording commercials and earnings. And other players to do the same and they are not missing. Of course, there kikseva and because too much involvement.

Ana without Confidence
ANA is still struggling with dumps balls.
- Service is so much uncertainty Ana entered the game, although in his be very simple. The mechanism of the jerk and kick it does not work, and had a lot of time to train and exercise. Explanations of how her shoulder injury hindered not enough. She no longer has any confidence and with a bad attitude starts every tournament. The solution is to fit in as many matches and I think that is a mistake that will make a pause to the Fed Cup.

Three months' LUFTIRALE "
Long our players had a longer break, but it was not enough to prepare properly.
- Three months is practically "luftiraju", which is bad! They themselves may not allow. Maximum vacation is three weeks, and during the year just two weeks. No more than that. Also, during the preparatory period is not sufficient only "dry training", but tournaments, such as those in the Middle East - explains the experienced tennis vocational njak Radmilo Armenulic.

-NAJ-
Jan 24th, 2010, 07:49 PM
It has to be someone pretty close to her though :shrug:

it's Marjin I think:confused: he is from IMG company

Brena
Jan 24th, 2010, 08:38 PM
^Anne and Helen

Anne Bancroft and Helen Mirren would probably stand better chances to win that Fed Cup round...

Pfft. Serena! :o

She also thinks she dainty and delicate. And a top player. :p

дalex
Jan 24th, 2010, 08:46 PM
it's Marjin I think:confused: he is from IMG company

Well, if it's him then he must have Jelena's permission. I don't see why anyone would pretend to be Jelena, though. If she wants a facebook account then she should be the one updating it, or at least controlling what it's written there.

I'll just pretend it's Jelena in my future comments here.

Smoothstuff
Jan 24th, 2010, 09:43 PM
I always thought it was Jelena :sad:

-NAJ-
Jan 24th, 2010, 10:15 PM
http://pressonline.rs/sr/vesti/sport/story/97711/Jelena%20se%20teai%20u%20vili%20od%202.000%20kvadr ata.html?message=ok

Jelena comfort in a villa of 2,000 square meters

Jankovic will take advantage of early fallout in Melbourne to visit her villa on the work that is being built in San Diego. Jelena's "castle" has 2000 square meters, worth at least five million, has a swimming pool, cinema, tennis courts, gym ...

The best Serbian tennis player Jelena Jankovic neslavno finished the competition at this year's Australian Open, but the premature elimination from the first Grand Slam of the season used to visit the site in San Diego, where more than one year completed beautiful family villa of over 2,000 square meters!
Jankovic before departure from Melbourne revealed Serbian reporters not to immediately travel to Belgrade, where he was expected in early February, the Fed Cup duel with Russia's national team, but that his father Veselin first check arrived with a long work on a farm north of San Diego, which is bought more in early 2008. year.

- Come to San Diego to see how the construction of houses. Dad wants to see the masters. The house should be completed by the end of 2010. year, and I can tell you that it will be much high. Over 2,000 square meters. When you think a little better, has to ask her the push to Tokyo - she is our player, which is the Australian Open but dropped in the second round.:eek:

Jelena some time but plans to move from Bradenton (Florida), where she have k "base" and where she trained at the famous tennis camp nike Bolitjerija, and two years ago, the family chose Jankovic is a great estate on the west coast, near San Diego and the brdašcetu above it. The best Serbian tennis player and had previously declared that it will be the biggest investment that is now engaged, but that account to the investment of one day could make it even more earnings. Namely, the construction of houses will be invested more than five million.

I love beautiful and highlighted clothes, shoes and handbags, but what I could with them to do after they izgustiram? Where to sell worn out shoes? Thus, if you buy a nice property and build him a house, the money will always be able to calculate. If the later resale, you might even make something - once said Jankovic, noting that more than satisfied with the substance of her family bought in San Diego.

Villa to be extending to more than 2,000 square meters and will have accompanying facilities, such as large pool, tennis courts, gym, sauna and private cinema, but Jankovic said that most attracted to the beautiful environment that surrounds it.

- House or property, is located on one brdašcetu over San Diego and I really like how much it all together it seems. Villa will be huge, so you need a little more time to finish, but I can not welcome the day when we finally move there - said Elena.

Brena
Jan 24th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Jelena doesn't talk that way :lol:

yes, there aren't enough ''you know''s and ''ha-ha''s.

MaBaker
Jan 24th, 2010, 10:23 PM
Anne Bancroft and Helen Mirren would probably stand better chances to win that Fed Cup round...
lol. Is Helen Irina's alter ego ?

Brena
Jan 24th, 2010, 10:27 PM
lol. Is Helen Irina's alter ego ?

There are so many of them, I can't even keep count. New ones are appearing daily, but none of them seems able to play tennis. :awww:

дalex
Jan 24th, 2010, 10:34 PM
There are so many of them, I can't even keep count. New ones are appearing daily, but none of them seems able to play tennis. :awww:

Who cares about tennis? We're into real estate development (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_estate_development) now. http://i47.tinypic.com/dlomlj.gif

Real estate development is different from building. Developer Jelena Jankovic drew the distinction in a 2009 Skandal article, “Developing is the key word. ‘We don’t build ourselves’, Ms. Jankovic stresses. ‘We buy the land, finance the deal, and then we have the best builders build under bond at a fixed cost.’”

MaBaker
Jan 24th, 2010, 10:38 PM
At least Jelena and Irina never lost to Alona friggin Bondarenko. Why do I even get upset now... Real estate development joy :inlove:

Brena
Jan 24th, 2010, 10:42 PM
At least Jelena and Irina never lost to Alona friggin Bondarenko. Why do I even get upset now... Real estate development joy :inlove:

You're right. This must have been Helen the Developer.

Bruno71
Jan 25th, 2010, 03:48 AM

Goodbye Irina, hello Sirina!

Smoothstuff
Jan 25th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Jelena doesn't talk that way :lol:

I know, I'm just blinded by love :hearts:

San Diego is beautiful, Jelena has good taste :lol:

JadeFox
Jan 25th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Who cares about tennis? We're into real estate development (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_estate_development) now. http://i47.tinypic.com/dlomlj.gif

Real estate development? In this current housing market?

*Sighs* Oh JJ... :help: :lol:

-NAJ-
Jan 26th, 2010, 11:51 AM
http://www.fedcup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=12662

Jankovic excited about World Group debut
Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic both gained the world No. 1 ranking during the summer of 2008, a golden period for Serbian women’s tennis.

During that year, Jankovic reached the semifinals at the Australian Open and Roland Garros, and also finished runner-up at the US Open. Ivanovic went one better, winning her sole Grand Slam title in Paris as well as reaching the final in Melbourne.

In 2009, both players saw their individual form dip with neither making it past a Grand Slam fourth round. Collectively, however, they teamed up to steer Serbia into the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas World Group for the first time in its history.

Serbia now hosts Russia in an intriguing first round clash, to be played in Belgrade on an indoor hard court. With the outcome appearing delicately balanced, Jankovic is excited about playing in front of a home crowd.

“I’m really looking forward to it,” said Jankovic. “It’s going to be an amazing event. We’re playing for the second time in Serbia. We already experienced it once when we played against Japan. We played in Belgrade and just the support of the crowd was really unbelievable. This feeling you can’t really explain.”

Despite being a former Wimbledon mixed doubles champion, partnering Jamie Murray to win the title in 2007, Jankovic spends the vast majority of her time on a singles court, but is quick to point out the benefit of a good team spirit.

“Our sport is individual and we’re used to being alone on the court,” said Jankovic. “Playing in Fed Cup, it’s teamwork, not only about playing for yourself. It’s about all the other girls as well, you know, everything counts.

“We support each other during the matches and it’s nice to have that atmosphere, a good, positive atmosphere around us. We cheer each other on and hopefully one day we can be winners of the Fed Cup. I think we have a good team.”

Audio interview with Jelena

http://www.fedcup.com/news/radiopopup.asp?mediaid=6292&medianame=%20&%20aryAudioData%28%203,%200%20%29%20&#

Optima
Jan 26th, 2010, 03:16 PM
The sad thing is, I really couldn't give a damn :o

ChriS.
Jan 26th, 2010, 08:07 PM
The sad thing is, I really couldn't give a damn :oI know fed cup is not that important but for me anything which JJ is doing is important so I would love to watch her fed cup matches just as much as any other matches. I would love Serbia to win the fed cup (very very unlikely unless Ana plays like she used to).

Optima
Jan 26th, 2010, 08:20 PM
No, I mean, I care about Fed Cup - but if she continues to play the same way, having the same air about her temperament, etc - then it's hard to care anymore. We'll see how she plays.

ChriS.
Jan 26th, 2010, 09:01 PM
No, I mean, I care about Fed Cup - but if she continues to play the same way, having the same air about her temperament, etc - then it's hard to care anymore. We'll see how she plays.:)

Roookie
Jan 26th, 2010, 10:47 PM
No, I mean, I care about Fed Cup - but if she continues to play the same way, having the same air about her temperament, etc - then it's hard to care anymore. We'll see how she plays.

Its only the begining of the year. She's a player who needs to play a lot of matches :silly:

-NAJ-
Jan 28th, 2010, 01:43 PM
http://www.sportingo.com/tennis/a12933_beautiful-game-attraction-wta-tour

The Beautiful Game - the attraction of the WTA Tour

It’s difficult to explain how I’ve developed my peculiar likes and dislikes in terms of the skills of the game, but I’m happy to share with you what drives my selection of what I feel are the sexiest tennis players on the WTA Tour.

I seem to have a particular thing for Eastern European tennis stars and as we speak, I’m making a mental note to pop into my local travel agent to check the price and availability of flights to home nations of these goddesses.

The Moscow Open or Serbian Women’s clay-court doubles are on my bucket-list, for sure. In no particular sequence or position, here are my Top Five tennis beauties:

1. Jelena Jankovic: A super sexy, Serbian born on February 28, 1985 in Belgrade, Yugoslavia (now Serbia). She surely is one of the fittest and most talented players in women's tennis. She looks like she’s won a modeling contract, forget about tennis.

2. Elena Dementieva: A red Russian born on October 15, 1981 in Moscow. She was rejected by both the Dynamo Sports Club (the oldest sports and physical training society of the Soviet Union) and the Central Red Army Tennis Club (a major Russian sports club) as a young rising star.

What fools! Shows what they know. She’s got not rejection worries today.

3. Maria Kirilenko: Another beautiful Russian, born on on January 25, 1987, in Moscow. Maria appeared in the 2009 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition – I rest my case.

4. Ana Ivanovic: How does Serbia keep breeding all these stunning tennis players? Ana was born on November 6, 1987, in Belgrade. She has dated Spanish tennis player Fernando Verdasco and Australian golfer Adam Scott, but not at the same time (I hope). Gulp!

5. Maria Sharapova: Born on April 19, 1987, in Nyagan, Russia. I’m off to practice my mixed doubles ahead of hitch-hiking to Nyagan. I hope that’s between Paris and Budapest because she’s just pushed Anna Kournikova into second place on my posterboard.

-NAJ-
Jan 28th, 2010, 01:46 PM
http://www.fedcup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=12672
Player nominations announced for World Group
The player nominations have been submitted for the 2010 Fed Cup by BNP Paribas World Group and World Group II first round ties, being played on 6-7 February.

Italy begins its campaign against Ukraine with the same four players that secured the title in November. Flavia Pennetta and Francesca Schiavone will lead the singles line-up.

Serbia, newly promoted to the World Group, has named Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic in its side to face Russia. Jankovic and Ivanovic are both former world No. 1s.

The full list of nominations is below.

# SERBIA v RUSSIA

Details

# Dates: 6-7 February
# Venue: Belgrade Arena, Belgrade, Serbia
# Surface: Indoor hard

Serbia

# Players: Jelena Jankovic, Ana Ivanovic, Bojana Jovanovski, Ana Jovanovic
# Captain: Dejan Vranes

Russia

# Players: Alisa Kleybanova, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Vera Dushevina, Ekaterina Makarova
# Captain: Shamil Tarpischev

ce
Jan 28th, 2010, 02:14 PM
omg Kleyba :o
:scared:

-NAJ-
Jan 28th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Facebook
Jelena Jankovic: In San Diego for a cpl of days. Working on some things. Back to Bradenton tomorrow.

I hope that she didn't forgot about Fed Cup:lol:

-Valérie-
Jan 28th, 2010, 03:14 PM
It is going to be a really tied victory *if they win* because Kleybanova is going to beat our 2 Serbian sisters, unless Jelena find her confidence all of a sudden :rolleyes:.

This is so difficult to see her with such a lack of confidence. IF she had played with a little bit of it at the AO, she would have made the semi easily... :sobbing:

LoLex
Jan 28th, 2010, 03:15 PM
One win would be nice for Jelena at this time. :sobbing:

Daruma.
Jan 28th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Don't underestimate her.

ChriS.
Jan 28th, 2010, 09:10 PM
http://www.fedcup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=12672Russia not putting out their first or reserve teams shows no respect. Serbia should easily beat these second reserves as long as the old Ana turns up.

Brena
Jan 28th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Russia not putting out their first or reserve teams shows no respect. Serbia should easily beat these second reserves as long as the old Ana turns up.

It will be such a humiliation when if they lose. :bigcry:
Although I think Jelena might play better because of the crowd. As for Ana, I'm not sure she can play better at the moment, crowd or no crowd. But a potentially great event has turned out to be so disappointing in every way - no Russian big names and the Serbs on a horrbile form. :awww:

-Valérie-
Jan 29th, 2010, 03:10 AM
Don't underestimate her.

Oh believe me i don't, is just that i rather not hope for too much, so i won't be too disaspointed if she lost, but, it is quite possible taht she wins, so,i will be tremedously happy!

Bruno71
Jan 29th, 2010, 05:30 AM
Russia not putting out their first or reserve teams shows no respect. Serbia should easily beat these second reserves as long as the old Ana turns up.

You really think JJ would "easily" beat Kleybanova or even Pavlyuchenkova? I don't think she'd easily beat any of the 4, and will probably lose at least to Kleybanova :shrug:

ChriS.
Jan 29th, 2010, 06:55 PM
You really think JJ would "easily" beat Kleybanova or even Pavlyuchenkova? I don't think she'd easily beat any of the 4, and will probably lose at least to Kleybanova :shrug:I still have faith in JJ but it probably is just "wishful thinking"!

MaBaker
Jan 29th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Maybe we should surprise them and let Jovanovski and Ana Jovanovic play instead of the goats. Jelena losing to Kleybanova again would do wonders for her self-esteem.

Bruno71
Jan 29th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Maybe we should surprise them and let Jovanovski and Ana Jovanovic play instead of the goats. Jelena losing to Kleybanova again would do wonders for her self-esteem.

Not only that, they might have as much of a chance at winning as Jelena and the other Ana :shrug:

Brena
Jan 29th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Not only that, they might have as much of a chance at winning as Jelena and the other Ana :shrug:

Well, they do. :shrug:

kite1987runner
Feb 1st, 2010, 04:37 AM
Kleybanova beat Ana , Pavlyuchenkova beat Jelena !
Then change each other ~
Finally,
Team3 of Russia beat team1 of Serbia !!!!
wonderful !!!!
But I hope not ~

-NAJ-
Feb 1st, 2010, 01:20 PM
Bad news, it appears that the JJ's injury is serious. Jelena in the new blog sounds sad

-NAJ-
Feb 1st, 2010, 01:32 PM
new blog on jj site still no english blog
google translate, it's full of errors but still

Jelena:hug:
Beloved,

though expect to have today in the newspaper see my photos, and videos on TV with training in the Belgrade Arena, where he will play Fed Cup World Group first meeting between the circuits of Serbia and Russia, is still all in doubt. No, I still have not arrived in Belgrade and I'm still in Florida, where the fight with back injury I received in Melbourne. I didn't wanted to speak publicly about the problems that have struck me in Australia, the cold and the back injury that occurred in training on changes to the way serving as many people would be attributed as a justification for the lost match, and I did not want to make some famu injury which I felt that after the treatment I had in Australia and here in America all pass in time I'll go to Belgrade, fresh and ready for battle in the new jersey of Serbia in Fed Cup competition. However, everything is complicated, I'm still in Florida, sad and great uncertainty whether I will do and go on that road for my hometown. I was in could be called isolation, is not silent all these days and because the Russians would not learn of my injury so they came to Belgrade encouraged, knowing that the Serbian team may be weakened, and their job will be easier to fight placements in the World Group semifinals.

I played 35 matches for the national team in Fed Cup competition, has achieved 26 victories. I played for the national team and injured, under severe pain caused by various injuries, the injections, there were a lot of heavy, but fine moments. Only when you remember Kosice and match with Cibulkova, when we fought for three and a half hours, when I arrived on one leg to the victorious points ...

Now I have the dilemma of whether to re-enter the same, whether the re-hurt the opponent stand on the line, because it may cost me in the coming months and gaming competitions. The menu is fighting the pain and the desire to once again wear Serbian jersey in the crowded Arena play for your country, fight without mercy to the last atom of strength as I always did. I'm always playing in the team giving more than the maximum, I'm always in the Fed Cup meetings particularly inspired, and inspired by the triumph to the matches and moments that can never forget and nothing to replace, because then fight for his people and his country, and it is always honor and obligation.

The rest is a little more time, we'll see how my injuries behave in the next 24 hours, only then will I know if I'm the passenger for Serbia or staying in Florida to heal and mourn what can not be in the arena and play against Russia to win Serbia, for entry into the World Group semifinals.

If there is not me, my heart will be with the Serbian team, I will send them positive energy and hope to be without my opponent. However, as they say hope dies last, and I still hope my arrival and participation in the spectacle that will be 6th and 7 February happens in Belgrade Arena, we will rejoice together a new Serbian victory in Fed Cup competition.

Love your Jeca

ce
Feb 1st, 2010, 01:40 PM
she wont play :o
oh well
lets go Ana and Bojana :dance:

Bobisa
Feb 1st, 2010, 01:44 PM
Jelena :bigcry:

LoLex
Feb 1st, 2010, 01:49 PM
Jelena :bigcry: I hope now she is back to her old serve. :o

~Kiera~
Feb 1st, 2010, 02:10 PM
The menu is fighting the pain and the desire to once again wear Serbian jersey in the crowded Arena play for your country, fight without mercy to the last atom of strength as I always did.

:hysteric:

дalex
Feb 1st, 2010, 02:16 PM
What a load of...

Tragicomedy.

First she bulks up to become stronger, but instead she gets slower and pretty much useless. Now she tries to change service motion and gets injured, but keeps playing doubles. Says nothing about it all because she fears it would be perceived as an excuse and goes to check out her San Diego property. Then goes back to Florida to write a BLOG of excuses...

Oh, Jelena. :hug:

Brena
Feb 1st, 2010, 02:26 PM
Miffedmax said she'd pull out of the Fed Cup team under pretense of an injury and I didn't believe him.
Jelena... the only likeable thing about you left is you don't fistpump and ajde. Disgusting.

дalex
Feb 1st, 2010, 02:42 PM
She should come anyway. Doesn't she have a bonebreaker/doctor in Belgrade? Dubai is close too, or is she planning to withdraw from there, too (Jeja taking "focusing on Slams" phrase to another level)?

Brena
Feb 1st, 2010, 03:03 PM
She should come anyway. Doesn't she have a bonebreaker/doctor in Belgrade? Dubai is close too, or is she planning to withdraw from there, too (Jeja taking "focusing on Slams" phrase to another level)?

I'll focus her on the head.

-NAJ-
Feb 1st, 2010, 03:04 PM
yes, that serve is weird, she is going to be lucky if don't get some injury because that motion, btw I'm not expert but it looks really strange :)

i wrote this when i saw her serve, it seams that she wasn't lucky

She should come anyway. Doesn't she have a bonebreaker/doctor in Belgrade?
I don't see point if she is still on therapy? she needs to recover, not to make injury even worse if she stops her therapy. Bad luck for Jelena.

дalex
Feb 1st, 2010, 04:24 PM
Sveta will play! Now we wait for Jeja's next move! http://www.tennisforum.com/customavatars/avatar47281_71.gif

I swear, this is like a chess game.

Roookie
Feb 1st, 2010, 06:57 PM
Wow...just when you think things couldn't get any worst. I hope she's able to play.

JadeFox
Feb 1st, 2010, 07:58 PM
Ugh. Get better JJ. :hug:

ChriS.
Feb 1st, 2010, 09:26 PM
Bad luck JJ but really she should know better than to make changes to her game which have a bad result like this. Is it her that is stupid or is she listening to the wrong people in her camp? I listened to the Fed being interviewed on Eurosport about his match with Murray and it is so obvious how he understands every detail about the game. He does not need any advice from anyone. I only wish JJ had half his knowledge.

ce
Feb 1st, 2010, 10:35 PM
Kuzzy :inlove:
gonna see her liiiveeee :inlove:

louisa.
Feb 2nd, 2010, 08:49 AM
Jelena :sad:

-NAJ-
Feb 2nd, 2010, 12:22 PM
http://rts.rs/page/sport/ci/story/33/%D0%A2%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%81/475821/%D0%92%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B5%D1%88%3A+%D0%A7%D0% B5%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%BE+%D0%88%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%B 5%D0%BD%D1%83.html

http://rts.rs/upload/storyBoxImageData/2010/02/02/3300331/dejanvranes2.jpg

"We are waiting for Jelena and hopefully she will come. Although injured, but her presence is of paramount importance. Her injury is not harmless, and no one can ask her to play in such a situation with that injury, but I believe she will join us, and as I know her well, I believe she will play because she is a fighter who never gives up, " Vranes said.

Serbian coach added that the contribution to the national team of Jelena Jankovic always been immeasurable.

"Jelena is the most experienced player in the team standing behind it and 35 representative appearances. from her 15 year playing in the Fed Cup team, and it all says. With her everything is easier without her it much more difficult. She numerous times showed how to the fight for the jersey with the state emblem, "Vranes said.

дalex
Feb 2nd, 2010, 01:17 PM
As I said, and Vranesh obviously agrees with me, she should come no matter if she will play in the end. Just her presence would mean she actually really wants to play but can't because of injury. She has her doctors here, so it's not like her injury can't be treated in Belgrade.

Don't be a :weirdo:, Jelena!

Joana
Feb 2nd, 2010, 02:25 PM
Of course she should come, if nothing else, just to be there with the rest of the team, if the injury isn't career/life-threatening. Which it isn't.

But I feel something is going on and I don't want to say it aloud or type it up, rather.

-Valérie-
Feb 2nd, 2010, 03:25 PM
It is so unfortunate that by trying to get better, shit happens to her. I guess she does what other think are best for her but her best form and domination happened at the end of 2008. They should reconstruct those few months and what lead to that and reproduce it. IF she did it once, she can did it twice.

Of course, her health is important and without that, there is no progress to be made. Although, i think Jelena's game is still there, what made her such a great player is still there. Her health will come back, but an important part of the combination is her confidence. If she can't find her confidence, her game will keep sleeping inside of her.

I thought at first that it will take a turn around match, like the one in Cincinnati, in which she save many match points in semi. I thought that was it, since, she beat Clijsters the week after, but manage to lose the following match (that she should have won) to Kleybanova. You all know what happened next: grandma passed away and she got injured.

And now, trying to answer everybody's prayers by improving her serve, there she is on the side line for, we don't know for how long? I hope she will get back in good health soon. She is certainly so disappointed to not be able to play the Fed Cup.

And i don't think she will play: let's face it, a healthy Jelena can win against Kuznetsova, but with a lot of effort. If she plays, she won't be fully fit, can she beat Kuznetsova while she is injured? She will give her heart on the court and the injury might get worst. And there is still Kleybanova...

And she is going to lose some precious points since she is not playing Paris, she need to do something great in Dubai so, she has to be back in shape by then, and we all know that a back injury doesn't heal that easily!

That will be interesting to see what the girls can do for Serbia if JJ doesn't play! We never know... Ana might have learn how to toss a ball by then.

Snex
Feb 2nd, 2010, 03:34 PM
Of course she should come, if nothing else, just to be there with the rest of the team, if the injury isn't career/life-threatening. Which it isn't.

But I feel something is going on and I don't want to say it aloud or type it up, rather.

Is she getting married?

Brena
Feb 2nd, 2010, 03:46 PM

Do you mean something's going on between Jelena and the Federation or between Jelena's two remaining brain-cells?

-Valérie-
Feb 2nd, 2010, 03:58 PM
I don't think we should have fun on Jelena's health condition. That's just a tough!

LoLex
Feb 2nd, 2010, 04:05 PM
I don't think we should have fun on Jelena's health condition. That's just a tough!

Yeah, back injury is one of the worst for a tennis player. :o

Joana
Feb 2nd, 2010, 04:31 PM
Do you mean something's going on between Jelena and the Federation or between Jelena's two remaining brain-cells?

Could be both. Honestly, nothing would surprise me at this point. That she's getting married, getting married and retiring, getting married and/or reconnecting with her roots. Who the hell knows.

I do believe she's in some pain. Most players always are. But she's never been the type of player to keep quiet about her injuries, so I can't help but wonder why we're only hearing about this injury now.

Roookie
Feb 2nd, 2010, 04:57 PM
Could be both. Honestly, nothing would surprise me at this point. That she's getting married, getting married and retiring, getting married and/or reconnecting with her roots. Who the hell knows.

:scared:...I'm beginning to think this is a possibility too. I hope I'm wrong...but its obvious she's not enjoying playing anymore, the results are not comming and she's got all this things going on apart from tennis. It must be hard to find motivation when you're working hard and its not paying off. This is what I feel is happening to her ATM. :sad:

-Valérie-
Feb 2nd, 2010, 04:58 PM
I do believe she's in some pain. Most players always are. But she's never been the type of player to keep quiet about her injuries, so I can't help but wonder why we're only hearing about this injury now.

Because it is really serious? And i think her way of thinking is different now. She knows time past fast and she learn a lot last year.

And i think she always tries to use her injuries strategically, whether she decides to talk about about it or not, it's for a reason. Often to explain her defeat, but seem it isn't something she does as often as she used to.

But to me, it explain everything why she seems to lack of rhythm, power and precision in her matches at the AO, so, she was injured then because she didn't look like her at all.

Fed Cup seem to be really important to her, and she was hoping to avoid the necessity to mention it and be healthy enough to play!

Then again, it's just a thought, no one really knows what's happening in her world, and that it's totally normal.

-Valérie-
Feb 2nd, 2010, 05:02 PM

Yes, no one knows, but i am sure she is not getting married, or if she does, she won't retired! Life doesn't end when you get married! :shrug:

Well, and if she does retire, she will come back in 2 years and woin a grand slam tournament. :lol: but really, she won't retire now!

LoLex
Feb 2nd, 2010, 05:08 PM
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4831/looolz.gif

No way.. Jelena won't retire without a slam.

MaBaker
Feb 2nd, 2010, 05:20 PM
No way.. Jelena won't retire without a slam.
Then she'll play forever. Oh hell :inlove:

-NAJ-
Feb 2nd, 2010, 05:29 PM
She had that injury in Melbourne even in her press they asked her about that and she didn't want to talk too much about that , it's nothing she said. but in match which she lost on her face we could see that she wasn't mad at her self. perhaps she was aware that she could not win a match with that problem . " she was in the mood i will try but just try:lol:"
On the other hand she had little problem with back even when she won Moscow 08 , maybe she thought that this injury is harmless like then and will go away easy but that didn't happen.
Her health is the most important right now and i hope she will recover soon;)

but like Dejan Vranes said "she is fighter who never gives up", i think she will play:help:

Daruma.
Feb 2nd, 2010, 05:37 PM
Poor JJ.
Hopefully she will recover as soon as possible and come back with new motivation and excitement.
For Fed Cup, she should do what her brain says. NOT her heart. I am sorry but she has to recover first.

Just Do It
Feb 2nd, 2010, 05:43 PM
I have a feeling her injury is not serious ... if she is injured at all. Pulling out of ( useless ) fed cup is a good choice since she sucks badly. Work on your game, Jelena :)

Snex
Feb 2nd, 2010, 06:16 PM
Pregnancy?!

I think she's aware that she'd lose against Kleybs and Pavlyu with her current form. Not to mention Sveta. She doesn't want to be ashamed in front of her own crowd. :shrug: Besides, she did so much for our FC Team anyway. :worship:

Of course, I highly admire Ana's decision. :worship: Anci! At least she'll try and fight, even though she knows that she'll lose. 'Ajde!!! :rocker2:

Optima
Feb 2nd, 2010, 06:24 PM
Pregnancy?!

I'm quite vocal about my unhappiness with Jelena when she's playing badly, I always talk to my roommates (who know nothing about tennis) about how she's doing, and whatnot...they now always tease me she's pregnant :rolls:

"Jody, now, you know Mladjan has needs...that 12 month pregnancy is taking a toll, you know. Time to accept the facts."

дalex
Feb 2nd, 2010, 06:31 PM
Can she even get pregnant with her never-ending period?

Snex
Feb 2nd, 2010, 06:59 PM

:rolls: :haha:

RFS
Feb 2nd, 2010, 07:01 PM

:spit: :haha:

дalex
Feb 2nd, 2010, 07:31 PM
I found these posts on two Serbian tennis sites. They were posted by visitors of the site. It says that Jelena will definitely be in Belgrade on Thursday, but it's not sure whether she'll play. The other post has it she will come on Thursday or Friday and that she will most probably play.

JJ dolazi u Srbiju u cetvrtak uvece jos se nezna da li ce igrati.... ovo je proverena informacija

NEZVANICNO: JJ DOLAZI U BG I NAJVEROVATNIJE IGRA PROTIV RUSIJE!!!!!!!!

Cilla
Feb 2nd, 2010, 09:59 PM
Oh noes :sobbing: :rolls:

Those damn "woman's problems!"

-Valérie-
Feb 3rd, 2010, 03:16 AM
You know Guys, this forum was quite busy not so long ago and i noticed that there isn't as muh as action now. There were a lot of people supporting JJ, good time, like bad time. BUt then things got complicated and well for some, it was easier to support her when the sky was blue and cloudless.

Some comments that were once used to make fun on hard situations, but it is taking a bigger propotion; Too big, and i guess i am not the only one who think that if we look at who stayed and who left. I mean, think about, would you say those things to a friend? to someone you respect?

It might be fun to joke around here and there, at some points, it is necessary, but it has to keep a good taste and there is always a way to make joke and be respectful at the same time.

This said, the situation is not so pretty for JJ right now and i rather stay on that side that support her. She might come back, she might not, but there are some things said in here that hadn't came up to my mind.

On this, i really enjoyed the pictures thread, we can find there some great pictures and some of you blessed us with their treasure. Thanks for that!!! News and articles thread was a great thing. There will always have some true fan that will report the ture facts.

RFS
Feb 3rd, 2010, 07:11 AM
Oh noes :sobbing: :rolls:

Those damn "woman's problems!"

Poor love... if it's not the job of being a walking, talking and sometimes serving tampon, there's glitter sales to uphold, jumbotrons to preen at, trainers to be fixed ... did I miss anything out?

I hope she goes sees her pet bone-breaker if she's coming back to Belgrade... she seemed to have a fair bit of faith in him last (few/several) injuries ... maybe it's also a confidence thing for her.
Then again - the dozy bint often just totally ignores medical advice, so who knows WHAT she'll do.

Ah well... back to a tough day, in the big bad city, in my little corner of the customer site, being very sneaky trying to check the odd forum here and there with no-one looking....where's my coffee?

Edit: Ah HA! my young minion who I have to handover to has just come in and asked if it's his turn to get the coffees in... silly young boy... he will learn.... the answer is always YES!!!! :devil:
We're gonna take him out to lunch tomorrow!

Bobisa
Feb 3rd, 2010, 08:33 AM
http://www.jj-jelenajankovic.com/sr/vesti.php Jelena will play for Serbia :cheer: :cheer: :bounce:

RFS
Feb 3rd, 2010, 08:59 AM
Wow! anyone know if Eurosport is doing any Fed Cup coverage?

ce
Feb 3rd, 2010, 09:04 AM
:hearts:
:inlove:

дalex
Feb 3rd, 2010, 09:29 AM
Edit: Ah HA! my young minion who I have to handover to has just come in and asked if it's his turn to get the coffees in... silly young boy... he will learn.... the answer is always YES!!!! :devil:
We're gonna take him out to lunch tomorrow!

LOL :devil:

http://www.jj-jelenajankovic.com/sr/vesti.php Jelena will play for Serbia :cheer: :cheer: :bounce:

God, she's so predictable!
She shouldn't have announced she'd play, she should have just came. I really hope she's not dying for her country again.

No, but there will be RTS stream like every year.

MaBaker
Feb 3rd, 2010, 09:30 AM
lol
Odlučila sam da dođem, igraću protiv ruskinja bez obzira kako se povreda bude ponašala, ne mogu moje drugarice da ostavim na cedilu – rekla je Jelena Janković.
I decided to come and play against the Russians in spite of the injury. I can't let down my friends (teammates).

Watch her trying to die on the court :inlove:

дalex
Feb 3rd, 2010, 09:34 AM
Oh, and Valerie, this forum maybe isn't as busy as before, but that's mostly Jelena's fault. Still, she somehow has more fans than ever which is evident in Pick Thread and elsewhere. These people you mention, whatever they say in their post, are not here because they don't support her, but exactly the opposite.

Bruno71
Feb 3rd, 2010, 09:49 AM
Let's just say it out loud...JJ is now a complete and utter trainwreck of a player. And I don't think she realizes she's not going to win any matches at Fed Cup if she plays.

дalex
Feb 3rd, 2010, 10:13 AM
Let's just say it out loud...JJ is now a complete and utter trainwreck of a player. And I don't think she realizes she's not going to win any matches at Fed Cup if she plays.

Ah, but that's not important, you see. This is what Jeja's interested in:

In me is fighting the pain and the desire to once again wear Serbian jersey in the crowded Arena play for your country, fight without mercy to the last atom of strength as I always did.

...she wants to be a Serbian Warrior Princess again. :cheer:

дalex
Feb 3rd, 2010, 10:43 AM
Apart from the usual "The Queen, The Empress, we never doubted you" comments on Serbian tennis sites... there are some hilarious, too.

У јеее .. И ево - Рамбо право из болнице, тек зараслих ожиљака, долази, сав спреман и наоружан и опасан! Руси, награбусили сте! Јелена је у 5. делу јача него икад!

Ooh yea .. So there - Rambo comes straight from the hospital, with recently healed scars, all ready and armed! Russians, you're toast! In the 5th sequel Jelena is stronger than ever!

"Carica" je ustala sa samrtonog lezaja da da i poslednji atom snage za reprezentaciju.

"The Empress" has risen from her deathbed to give her last atom of strength for her team.

:haha:

Brena
Feb 3rd, 2010, 10:49 AM
:facepalm:

Chuck Norris, Mile Kitic, Russians...watch out.

Brena
Feb 3rd, 2010, 11:00 AM

I think she does realise that and that's exactly where all this talk about her being on her death bed came from. So that she has an excuse. And that's what annoys me more than anything. She should just try her best. And even if her current best isn't enough, no one would have a right to blame her. Not like this. :rolleyes:

~Kiera~
Feb 3rd, 2010, 11:02 AM
Jelena will fight to the death for Serbia once again :woohoo:

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 3rd, 2010, 11:37 AM
Apart from the usual "The Queen, The Empress, we never doubted you" comments on Serbian tennis sites... there are some hilarious, too.

Ooh yea .. So there - Rambo comes straight from the hospital, with recently healed scars, all ready and armed! Russians, you're toast! In the 5th sequel Jelena is stronger than ever!

"The Empress" has risen from her deathbed to give her last atom of strength for her team.

:rolls::rolls:

Slamniacki
Feb 3rd, 2010, 12:14 PM

SuperTennis will show it live http://www.supertennis.tv/

дalex
Feb 3rd, 2010, 12:18 PM
http://www.mondo.rs/s159807/Tenis/Kuznjecova-_Da_li_i_Jankoviceva_taktizira.html

Kuznetsova: Is Jelena using tactics as well?

The fourth ranked player in the world, Svetlana Kuznetsova, was also supposed to miss the tie, but she changed her mind at the last moment.

"It's her special tactics", joked Tarpischev, while Kuznetsova, asked whether her change of mind was part of a strategy, replied...

"Is Jelena's arrival also a strategy? Who's the tactician here?", wondered cheerful Russian, having in mind similar gesture of Serbian player, who first said she wouldn't play, but then changed her mind.

"Simply, I love playing for the national team. We get along great and it's a joy for me to play for our team", explained Kuznetsova, whom both Ana and Jelena always mention as a great person, a friend on the tour.

"Off court we're friendly. On the court we play", stressed the 24 year old Russian.

LoLex
Feb 3rd, 2010, 12:57 PM
Oh Irina. Good luck then.

It's her special tactics

:tape:

Hashim.
Feb 3rd, 2010, 01:08 PM
oh well lets see how this turns out:p

ms_nut
Feb 3rd, 2010, 02:23 PM
:) So she is playing after all... great news..:hearts: I usually hate it when she plays "injured", but this is in Serbia, in front of her fans. Imagine the media backlash if she didn't show up. She could afford to play injured last year just so she could get the $1,000,000 pool cash, surely she can at least show up for the tie.

RFS
Feb 3rd, 2010, 02:28 PM
Oh my god - we get to see the serve of doom!

Snex
Feb 3rd, 2010, 05:54 PM
I'll watch that live... :hysteric:

Foon_JJ
Feb 3rd, 2010, 06:25 PM

I'll watch on tv

MaBaker
Feb 3rd, 2010, 09:25 PM
"Carica" je ustala sa samrtonog lezaja da da i poslednji atom snage za reprezentaciju.
:haha: Too good.

louisa.
Feb 4th, 2010, 03:47 AM

:sobbing: bring lots of vodka.

Optima
Feb 4th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Vodka isn't strong enough at this point anymore. :yawn:

RFS
Feb 4th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Absinthe Absinthe ABSINTHE!!!!!!

Snex
Feb 4th, 2010, 11:48 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/2vv5oq1.jpg

:hysteric:

RFS
Feb 4th, 2010, 12:08 PM
That is gorgeous

Optima
Feb 4th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Absinthe Absinthe ABSINTHE!!!!!!

Everclear! :rolls:

дalex
Feb 4th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Jay Jay: I would play even on one leg. :lol:

http://www.mondo.rs/s159924/Tenis/Dzej_Dzej-_Igracu_i_na_jednoj_nozi_VIDEO.html

There's a video clip there, too.

"It's an honor for me to play for the team. I didn't really think about our opponents yet, but there's still time for that. It will be hard, Russians are experienced and they have won this competition many times. But Ana and I are also experienced, we played many matches against them on the tour."

"I didn't want to talk about my injury. I wanted to recover in time for this tie. It's not a minor injury and I'm still not at 100%, but this is Fed Cup, I play for my country and I've played injured before. I'd play on one leg if I had to."

She's not worried because Russians seem cheerful and confident.

"We're cheerful, ready and motivated too. They are the favourites, the pressure is on them. I don't think about them, I want to win every match. This is the most important tie, 'cos a win against them would mean we'd have great chance to win the whole competition."

kite1987runner
Feb 5th, 2010, 05:01 AM
come on JJ
fight ....

MaBaker
Feb 5th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Jay Jay: I would play even on one leg. :lol:
Ajde (http://i50.tinypic.com/2hxads8.jpg) :inlove:

Snex
Feb 5th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Ajde (http://i50.tinypic.com/2hxads8.jpg) :inlove:

Foon_JJ
Feb 5th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Full draw
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/7669/18672702.jpg

Snex
Feb 5th, 2010, 11:37 AM
:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

... Kankovic :rolls:

-NAJ-
Feb 5th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Lood luck Serbia.
jj vs Alisa (bactrian camel) :scared:

дalex
Feb 5th, 2010, 12:36 PM
http://www.mondo.rs/s159996/Tenis/Na_otvaranju_Ivanovic_-_Kuznjecova.html

"Već sam Ani rekla da što pre završi meč sa Kuznjecovom, negde do 17.30, da bih i ja mogla što pre na spavanje, da se odmorim za nedelju", kazala je nasmejana "Džej Džej", koja je zbog povrede i prvobitnog odustajanja od učešća u Fed kupu poslednja stigla u Beograd.

"Sada se osećam dobro, ali videćemo. Daću sve od sebe, boriću se za svaki poen, a videćemo da li će leđa izdržati".

"I already told Ana she has to finish her match quickly, around 17.30, so I can go to sleep early and be rested for Sunday," said smiley Jay Jay.

"I feel good now, but we'll see. I'll try my best, I'll fight for each point and we'll see if my back holds up."

RFS
Feb 5th, 2010, 01:05 PM
:haha: at the bactrian Camel comments from -NAJ- ...

Snex
Feb 5th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Bodo's prediction

http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2010/02/loco-motives.html

Russia at Serbia (indoor hard court; Russia leads, 3-0, but let's remember that's when this tie would have been called USSR vs. Yugoslavia. Fed Cup: it's sports and history, all rolled into one!):

Svetlana Kuznetsova gets the (wo)man-up award for this round for bailing out sneaky old Russian captain Shamil Tarpischev. Sveta agreed to play at the eleventh hour, although she'll be going into the Belgrade lionesses' den, along with Tarp the Shark and teammates Alisa Kleybanova and Vera Dushevina. But you know what? Nationalist fervor only increases the pressure on players who have lost their way, and the Serbian glamor girls, Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic, are both in difficult straits, career-wise. They turn back the Reds and they'll atone for much of the disappointment their native fans have experienced in the past year or so. I think Sveta will come up big, but Serbia pulls it out in the doubles.

:unsure:

I still hope... :silly:

Bruno71
Feb 5th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Pulls it out in the doubles? That may be the only one they win!

louisa.
Feb 6th, 2010, 12:08 AM
:hysteric: Kankovic :hysteric:

Roookie
Feb 6th, 2010, 03:37 AM
Jelena and Ana to play doubles? :ignore:

RFS
Feb 6th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Oh a return to much hilarity....
JJ: oh oh.... when I played (and WON) the Mixed Title at Wimbledon, Jamie had me crouch over at the T ... you should totally go do that when I am serving...
Ana: Why? Does that help?
JJ: I have NO idea... but it will look like we know what we're doing!

-NAJ-
Feb 6th, 2010, 08:57 AM
:haha: at the bactrian Camel comments from -NAJ- ...

:angel:

-NAJ-
Feb 6th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Jelena SPRINT THROUGH GRASS
Minute before the scheduled term training Jelena Jankovic reached the car before the "Belgrade Arena". However, she could not go all the way to the entrance, because the ramp lowered, the wheel on to father Veselin and immediately came out with a bag on her shoulders. Was followed by a short cut directly through Sprint lawn, because it would otherwise be more time to reach the hall.
Although the large star, Jelena and this gesture showed how much she cared for the team and what is professional.

Coming MLADJAN
Jelena Jankovic was accustomed to the guy Mladjan Janovic support from the stands at the representative matches in Belgrade. So it will be this time, with the Montenegrin water polo player for his club commitments in late one day.
- Certainly will not be able to come in "Arena", on Saturday, but on sunday he will take place in the stands - revealed Jelena.
Novosti

Foon_JJ
Feb 6th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Is there any live stream? Thanks a lot!

ChriS.
Feb 7th, 2010, 12:23 AM
From her interview“I just said to myself I’m going to go out there, just play aggressive, and go for my shots and try to move my feet as much as I can and fight for every point. It’s not over until it’s over and, you know, it worked and especially with the help of the crowd, they really motivated me and it helped me get through this match. It’s really an amazing feeling.”

-NAJ-
Feb 7th, 2010, 12:42 AM
http://www.fedcup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=12763
Jankovic rocks Belgrade with comeback win
On a cold day in Belgrade, Jelena Jankovic warmed the hearts of all Serbian tennis fans with a remarkable recovery in the second singles rubber against Russia.

Having seen her compatriot Ana Ivanovic lose in straights sets to the leading Russian Svetlana Kuznetsova, Jankovic fought back from a perilous position to beat Alisa Kleybanova in three sets and level the tie at 1-1 going into the second day.

In the first singles rubber Ivanovic, who had won five of her six previous meetings with Kuznetsova, made a very nervous start against the world No.4. She dropped the first five games and although she saved one set point in the next on her serve, she lost the opening set 61.

Serbia’s No.2 then made a better showing in the second set and broke Kuznetsova for the first time to lead 42. But having done so, that was as far as Ivanovic got, the current Roland Garros champion powering back to take the set 64, clinching victory with a smash.

“It was very hard to play her, especially as she plays at home,” said Kuznetsova. “In first set she was very nervous and I played better. In the second set she came up. But I managed to keep up the level and to play important points better and even though I was a break down still I managed to win.”

Jankovic thrills crowd with comeback

When Kuznetsova’s young team-mate, the 20 year-old Kleybanova, led Jankovic 64 41 and 15-40 on the Serb’s serve, it looked like Russia would go into the second day 2-0 up. But having forged so far ahead with her own barrage of winners, Kleybanova suddenly felt the full force of a Serbian surge right back at her, both from the other side of the net and from the stands.

Roared on by the large crowd, Jankovic rewarded her fans’ loyal support with a stunning recovery, winning 11 games on the trot. Kleybanova did not roll over as she had a number of chances to break back in the decider, but she just could not produce the telling shot when she needed it most and Jankovic maintained her momentum for a stunning win which amazed everyone, including her.

“I just said to myself I’m going to go out there, just play aggressive, and go for my shots and try to move my feet as much as I can and fight for every point. It’s not over until it’s over and, you know, it worked and especially with the help of the crowd, they really motivated me and it helped me get through this match. It’s really an amazing feeling.”

Jankovic, who showed no signs of the back injury which had threatened her participation in the tie, must now prepare for Sunday’s first reverse singles against Kuznetsova. Expect another battle as the Russian leads their head-to-head series 5-4.

If Jankovic prevails then Ivanovic could turn her disappointment into delight by beating Kleybanova and sealing a place in the semifinals. But they have split their two previous encounters and this exciting tie could certainly go the distance with the Serbian stars having to pair up against Vera Dushevina and Anastasia Kleybanova in a deciding doubles rubber.

kite1987runner
Feb 7th, 2010, 04:59 AM
Come on Serbia

дalex
Feb 7th, 2010, 09:03 AM
http://www.sportal.rs/news.php?id=20481
Klejbanova je objasnila da je ranije pobeđivala Jankovićevu, ali da nikada nije igrala protiv ovakve Jelene.

- Teško je igrati protiv Jelene Janković, jer je ona među 10 najboljih teniserki sveta.

Selektor ruske reprezentacije Šamil Tarpiščev, ipak, pohvalio je Alisinu borbenost.

- Jelena je shvatila da će da izgubi, ako nešto ne promeni i pomerila se sa zadnje linije. Alisa je morala da igra mnogo bliže mreži... Treba imati u vidu da Jelena nije napravila nijednu grešku od sredine drugog seta - rekao je Tarpiščev.

Kleybanova said she was beating Jankovic in the past, but that she never faced this Jelena before.

"It's hard to play against her, she's a top 10 player after all."

Russian coach Tarpischev commended Alisa's fighting spirit.

"Jelena realized she was about to lose if she didn't change sth in her game, and moved from the baseline. Alisa needed to be closer to the net... You also need to have in mind that Jelena didn't make a single error since the middle of the second set"

http://www.sportal.rs/news.php?id=20488
- Stvarno sam srećna. Teško je objasniti. Publika mi je pomogla, naročito u teškim trenucima. Moja igra je postajala sve bolja kako je meč odmicao - rekla je Jankovićeva na konferenciji za novinare u "Beogradskoj areni".

Ona je dodala da Klejbanova igra "čudan tenis" i da loptice nisko odskaču.

- Ponosna sam na sebe što sam uspela da preokrenem rezultat. Nisam se zaustavljala, što je bilo veoma bitno i na kraju sam uspela da je pobedim. Nije bilo lako, bila sam umorna.

Teniserka Srbije je istakla da je dobila "neku energiju" i da nije želela da izgubi, a da je publika inspirisala i motivisala da pobedi kada je u drugom setu gubila sa 1:4.

- Malo me sada bole noge, što je normalno. Trenirala sam dva dana od kada sam došla u Beograd. Umorna sam. Ipak, ulazim sa velikim samopouzdanjem u naredni meči i nadam se da ću uspeti da donesem Srbiji još jedan bod.

"I'm really happy. It's hard to explain. The crowd helped me, especially when it was tough. My game was getting better as the match progressed."

She added that Kleybanova's game is "weird" - that her shots bounce very low.

"I'm proud of myself for turning the match around. I never stopped which was very important and I managed to win in the end. It wasn't easy, I was tired."

Serbian player said she found "some energy" and didn't want to lose, and that the crowd inspired her and motivated her to win when she was down 4-1 in the second set.

"My legs hurt a bit which is normal. I practiced for two days after I came to Belgrade. I'm tired. Still, I go into my next match with confidence and I hope I can bring one more point to Serbia."

http://www.sportal.rs/news.php?id=20467
Četvrti reket sveta naglasila je da u nedelju očekuje veliku borbu protiv prve igračice Srbije Jelene Janković.

- Očekuje me velika borba, jer je Jelena mnogo stabilniji igrač od Ane. Kod Jelene nema takvih uspona i padova u igri, kakvih ima kod Ivanovićeve - ocenila je Kuznjecova.

Fourth racquet of the world stressed that she expects a tough match against Jelena on Sunday.

"I expect a great fight because Jelena is much more stable than Ana. She doesn't have such ups & downs in her game," said Kuznetsova.

дalex
Feb 7th, 2010, 04:06 PM
http://www.mondo.rs/s160180/Tenis/Kuznjecova-_Odlucile_nijanse.html

"It was an extremely difficult match. Kuznetsova played well. There were some really nice points. I'm glad I won another point for Serbia. I did everything I could", said Jelena.

"It's normal that I feel tired and that I have pains all over my body. Mentally I feel exhausted because I'm not playing for myself but for my country."

"These wins against good Russian players mean a lot to me. They give me confidence for the rest of the season. I want to be the best that I can be, that is my goal. I hope this season will be much better than previous."

She added that she's not working with coach Sanchez since the AO, she wants to be the one calling all the shots now and that she doesn't have to prove anything to anyone other than herself.

"I can only enjoy and try to be even better. We'll see how it goes. I don't tink about points to defend, I want only to play my game", said Jelena.

"Jelena played good and consistent tennis. In the second set I played the best that I can, and she was a tough opponent in the third set so it was difficult to fight it out. In these matches, it's little things that decide the winner, and I played against a great opponent", said Kuznetsova after her defeat.

Russian said that the atmosphere made by the crowd helped Jankovic, but that it wasn't the deciding factor

"It is much easier when you have crowd behind you, and not against you, but I managed to concentrate on the game", stressed the current RG champion.

"It's difficult to say what are those little things that decide the winner. At one point during the third set I was convinced I served an ace, but the judges called it out. After that I got nervous and angry which certainly affected my game", concluded Kuznetsova.

RFS
Feb 7th, 2010, 05:06 PM
oh dear - that doesn't sound like she's even thinking about another coach... hmmmm....

-NAJ-
Feb 7th, 2010, 07:37 PM
after match with Svetlana
JANKOVIĆ the season will be practicing on her own without coach

JELENA dismissing COACH

It's time for change! Jelena Jankovic wins and eager to progress in the game, and on the list, fired Ricardo Sanchez, the first coach so far. Spaniard paid tribute to the bad advice that is given, but stagnation and Serb women in recent times. The culmination occurred after the Australian Open.
- Immediately after Melbourne I realized that I need something to change, so I decided to finish the cooperation with Sanchez. I want to be "own man" and to return to the game and instincts that have brought me to the first WTA list - revealed Jelena.
The following season, Jankovic does not intend to hire new professionals.
- The matches in Belgrade, I have relied solely on myself and it worked great. We will see what will happen to all below, but right now I plan to train without a coach, only sparring partners.
In addition to changes in coaching staff, the marina has been presented and much better game with improved service. The victory over Kuznetsov performed seven hours, with the success of the first service of 70 percent, and the other 88 percent?
- I did enough of that in the preparation period, but then I hurt the Australian Open where I have applied a different style of serving. But, again because of the injury I had to change something, so this is a new version to the Grand Slam. Motion is simpler and better. There is still room for improvement, but it is now much easier to play, especially on riternu.
Plans in the season our best players are clear - back on top, but with one condition.
- I have to have a game for it. Everything else is going on its own. It is important that I am psychologically ready and eager new victories and titles. I released any pressure, I do not have anyone to prove nothing, except itself - concluded Jelena.

SUPPORT audience in the win against Kuznetsova in the "Arena" was one of the main factors for success, says Jelena.
- Hands and heart, just as we did not throw out the mighty adrenaline. The excitement was really great and much better than when I play tournaments just for yourself. I am thankful to the audience to help - said Jankovic.

Brena
Feb 7th, 2010, 07:55 PM
oh noes. Ricardo... :sad::sad:

pj5
Feb 7th, 2010, 08:55 PM
It's a right move with Ricardo. Though most of us liked his passion, they diverged somewhere.
I think too many "side shows" influenced all that.
Seeing that she's ruthless after all (and that IS as a sign of a champion), I am looking forward to her "sacking"/cutting out of other useless activities that she indulges in.

Still, it may well be a right move, since she needs to find her own way back.

Bruno71
Feb 7th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Oh happy day! The marina has been presented!

-NAJ-
Feb 7th, 2010, 10:36 PM
google translate
http://sportal.rs/news.php?id=20557

Mladjan for SPORTAL:
Jelena leaves no one indifferent

http://195.178.51.69/uploads/news/2010_05/images/00020557.jpg
Hard match against the Russian in the "Belgrade Arena" hardly anyone watched quietly sitting. Especially the matches that she played Jelena Jankovic, as both in the singles competition was full of upheaval in three sets. In the first row Jeleninog homes, today sat Mladjan Janovic, her boyfriend, or water polo Savona Italian and Montenegrin national team. The emotions and excitement followed her match against Svetlana Kuznetsova, especially when JJ was the domak triumph ...

- Oh I used to her drama matches. I really love to watch her play, the first combat until the last moment and the audience leaves no one indifferent. Her every move is really special - do not hide a smile Mladjan Janovic in talks for SPORTAL.RS. - I came today, more tomorrow I am here and I back then because we ended pause. I'm happy here, part of this spectacle, a real sport.

You were last year when she fought against the Japanese Serbia advanced to the World A group. And then Jelena briljirala, and showing as Thalia. We will not change that ...

- Ha-ha. Okay, so it seems. In any case, all the top level, organization, matches ... Especially now, when the Serbian and Russian rivals. The quality of players is guaranteed good matches.

Tennis is not a contact sport where as your "choke and push." Jelena accompanied're preparing for the matches, as there are similarities with yours.

- Like you said, my sport is a little rougher and collectively, for sure is different to watch . But each of us, individually, has a our preparation. Regardless of the sport, rituals are an individual thing, and often, while watching her prepare for the match, remind me the way I do. Even sometime i think that my match is going to start.

I do not know how much notice your reactions while watching her match, but recognize that it really with a lot of charges. What is it while watching your match?

- Just like that. In the beginning, until you get used to the atmosphere has little reserves, but after that, take the game. She is a master of drama so that everyone "proradi ".

Tennis and waterpolo are not similar, not even slightly. How much did you learned her the rules of water polo, does she tells you before or after matches, which was supposed to do or where you're wrong?

- In the beginning we spoke about the rules, but not so difficult, I learned how to be. For any sport to watch, you experience it is important to know when to give support, you may not. In any case, functioning both.

The Montenegrin tennis team is not even close to the Serbian and absent mutual duels, but in water polo from the breakup of the joint state seen a real derby. Is there a burning sensation between Jelena and after completion of the water polo duel, depending on who wins?

- Ha-ha, not really, doesn't - a tells good mood Janovic.

Mladjan and Jelena
http://www.sportal.rs/uploads/tinymce/2010/februar2/MladjanJelena.jpg
Montenegro has recently been in the group lost the World League in Italy, but "shoot" the highest ranking. Recently, it was decided that Serbia will be the organizer of the final tournament.

- First, I am very pleased that Belgrade won the Final Four for the organization ejta. It will be spectacular. We come as European champions, Serbia is the world, both teams go to gold. I'd like to meet in the finals, and a better win.

You went from Montenegrin water polo, but you are doing well in Savona.

- The Italian championship is harder, and they are masters of every match a real spectacle. Whether playing with the first or last, it is always difficult because of the judge because of domestic pools. We are now the first, we won Pro reckon that is the richest and the best individuals, and two of them. For now, everything should go.

you received recognition recently because tomorrow you will participate in the match for humanitarian killed in Haiti by defending the world against the rest of the colors of Italy. So, you're among the best in the world.

- We will play in Genoa. I am glad especially that in some way I can to help Haiti. And again, and I part of that selection because they have invited top water polo name. Anyone year to find in such an atmosphere and environment.

дalex
Feb 8th, 2010, 08:30 AM
^"choke and push"

So, tennis and waterpolo are more similar than one would think. :speakles:

Brena
Feb 8th, 2010, 10:47 AM
^

So, tennis and waterpolo are more similar than one would think. :speakles:

:rolls:
Some players also play them both in swimming-pools.

MaBaker
Feb 8th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Oh Ricardo.. I don't mind her being without a coach now, because she's obviously a tennis genius. But who is she going to argue with now ?

Brena
Feb 8th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Oh Ricardo.. I don't mind her being without a coach now, because she's obviously a tennis genius. But who is she going to argue with now ?

The real question is whose advice she's going to ignore now?

Just Do It
Feb 8th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Ricardo :bigwave:

MaBaker
Feb 8th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Yeah, it's a bit confusing. I just hope she won't develop another personality for that.

LoLex
Feb 8th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Bye bye Ricardo. ;p

Brena
Feb 8th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Yeah, it's a bit confusing. I just hope she won't develop another personality for that.

It's already crowded in there so I really hope not.

Daruma.
Feb 8th, 2010, 01:41 PM

LOL :lol:

kikiriki
Feb 8th, 2010, 01:43 PM

Sneki's :bowdown: :sobbing:

ce
Feb 8th, 2010, 03:40 PM

:lol: :tape:

terjw
Feb 8th, 2010, 08:43 PM
I'm OK with not having a coach for a short time but I don't like the idea of her not having a coach for like a whole season. A coach can spot small little things in matches which need attention. And can watch other players which Jelena is notoriously bad at.

I remember Kim said and did the same thing after winning the USO 2005 - that she knew what to do and just needed sparring partners. And whilst she was still good and in the big 4 (Justine, Masha, Amelie, Kim) - she never beat the other big 3 all the time she played until her retirement in 2007. I'm sure she would have done better with a coach.

But with Jelena - it has to be the right coach. If she doesn't believe him or trust him and he confuses her - she's better off on her own without that coach. But there must be someone who is good and can work with her and get her trust.

Bruno71
Feb 8th, 2010, 09:36 PM
I'm OK with not having a coach for a short time but I don't like the idea of her not having a coach for like a whole season. A coach can spot small little things in matches which need attention. And can watch other players which Jelena is notoriously bad at.

I remember Kim said and did the same thing after winning the USO 2005 - that she knew what to do and just needed sparring partners. And whilst she was still good and in the big 4 (Justine, Masha, Amelie, Kim) - she never beat the other big 3 all the time she played until her retirement in 2007. I'm sure she would have done better with a coach.

But with Jelena - it has to be the right coach. If she doesn't believe him or trust him and he confuses her - she's better off on her own without that coach. But there must be someone who is good and can work with her and get her trust.

In order for a character (read: maniac) like JJ to find the "right coach," she has to try out a whooooooole bunch of them. I don't think she has either the patience or the guts to hire and fire a bunch of coaches in succession. Look how long she stuck with Sanchez.

дalex
Feb 8th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Found this in neighboring Anapolis. ;)

BTW, I don't want Jelena to change. Her dramaqueeness is half the reason I love her to deathbed.

Fed Cup 1st round - Russia def. Serbia 3-2

RUSSIA tied with SERBIA 1-1 (after Saturday's play)

This one was by far the most eagerly-anticipated first-round tie - not only because of the potential star power on both sides, but because it's in Serbia and guaranteed to get by far the biggest crowd.

The drama began on the Serbian side with Jankovic, who flamed out early in Australia on the coattails of her now omnipresent cold n' sniffles, playing possum about her participation in the tie.

A long confessional on her web site Monday made it all the more dramatic for the ultimate drama queen. You can find it here; here are some excerpts (start the violins version of the Serbian national anthem now, please). To be fair, it was probably translated literally from Serbian.

"No, I haven't come to Belgrade yet, and I'm still in Florida, where I'm fighting with back injury received in Melbourne. I didn't want to speak in public about the problems that struck me in Australia, about the cold and the back injury that occurred during a practice while trying to change the way I served, because many would describe it to as a justification for the lost match. (Well, she was pretty clear about it Down Under, so we're not sure what secrets she was holding back).

Unfortunately, the situation got complicated, so I'm still in Florida, sad and in great uncertainty whether I would start the journey to my home town. I was in certain isolation, not giving any statements, also because the Russians would not hear of my injury, which would probably encourage them before arrival to Belgrade, knowing that the Serbian team would be weakened, and their job made easier in the battle for the semifinal of the World group.

The pain and desire are fighting inside of me, since I want to wear Serbian jersey once again in the crowded Arena, and be there for my country, fighting without mercy to the last breath, as I always did before. ... There is little more time, and we shall see what's happening with my injury in the next 24 hours. After that I will decide if I'm the passenger for Serbia (on a slow boat, she makes it sound), or I stay in Florida, healing and mourning for not being able to play in Arena against Russia, for Serbian victory, for the entry into the semifinals."

It's great stuff. And it turned out that the patriotic, plucky Jankovic managed to rouse herself from her deathbed and make the trip.

The other drama came from the Russian side, which looked to be fielding a squad that didn't include top players Svetlana Kuznetsova, Maria Sharapova, Nadia Petrova or Vera Zvonareva.

Well, well, well, Kuznetsova put aside her differences with captain Shamil Tarpischev (whom she said had told her she wouldn't be needed for this one), and managed to make it to Belgrade.

And so it went, with No. 1 Kuznetsova squaring off with Serbian No. 2 Ana Ivanovic in the first rubber.

After getting whitewashed 6-1 in the first set, Ivanovic managed to get up a break, 4-2 in the second.

Then the old, familiar stuff came back into play. Ivanovic started chasing her toss, sometimes twice in a row before serving it up. She coughed up her serve twice in a row. And even though Kuznetsova had a couple of nerves of her own when she served for it at 5-4, she got the job done.

Poor Ivanovic; does she look like someone who needs a full night's sleep, or what?

Kuznetsova got enveloped in a bear hug by coach Larisa Neiland, who never got off the cell while she was doing it. Poor Ivanovic trudged off with the Serbian captain.

She did, though, go into the locker room (probably have a little cry) and come bright ack out to support teammate Jankovic. The two are not pals, but Ivanovic would do that sort of thing. She's awesome.

Jankovic broke in the very first game against Alisa Kleybanova. Then she was broken back. Kleybanova was up 4-2, coughed that up, and finally took the set 6-4.

The Russian was up 4-1 in the second, and a point away from leading 5-1 and running away with it, when Jankovic pulled out vintage tennis from back when she was at the top of the game.

Kleybanova didn't really do anything wrong; Jankovic just was ridiculously good. She won four straight games, and took the second set – after which Kleybanova needed to have a little talk with herself in the ladies' room. Jankovic was just hungry.

In the third set, it was no contest. The only dramatic moment was when Jankovic needed six break points to get Kleybanova's serve for the second time, and take a 3-0 lead. Kleybanova was clearly physically spent (and mentally done) by then. Jankovic ran out the third set 6-0, and evened the tie at 1-1 going into Sunday.

Ivanovic watched on, then signed some autographs. We'll say it again; this girl is awesome.

Now, she's got to be thinking, she'll either play the match to clinch at 2-1, or stay in it at 1-2, because she's the second singles match on Sunday.

And if it comes down to doubles, you'd have to think that the two ladies will team up; we don't see the other two Serbs getting any face time (beyond being in the stands, cheering) this weekend. And in terms of doubles, they're not very good. They hardly ever even play.

So Ana's got a lot to roll over in her mind tonight, as she tries to sleep off today's disaster.

Meanwhile, Tarpischev has some decisions to make. Kleybanova was baked at the end of this one; and she and Kuznetsova are the two best doubles players on his squad.

He always is a pretty cagey guy, and his moves often work out well. Will he put the inconsistent but talented hothead Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova in for Kleybanova, saving her for the doubles? Likely that depends on whether Kuznetsova can beat Jankovic, first up.

It's going to be an intriguing finish, as it always is when Fed Cup ends its first day in a 1-1 tie.

SUNDAY:

The heavyweight battle between Jankovic and Svetlana Kuznetsova opened things up.

And Jankovic rolled through the first set with free-wheeling, aggressive tennis that actually brought her to the net, and showed off a more aggressive new serve.

She had break points (three) early in the second set to get that one rolling, which probably would have had the struggling Kuzzie go away. Instead, it got to 4-4, and Jankovic double-faulted to gift Kuznetsova with the break. She then held to wake the second set 6-4.

It was then officially a dogfight. But Kuznetsova played a pretty terrible set. A double-fault and a wild forehand when she was on serve at 2-3 gave Kuznetsova the break. When JJ served for the match, she was down 0-30, and Kuzzie had a break point later. But Jankovic managed to finally put it away in three hours, 16 minutes, 6-3, 4-6, 6-3. Russian captain Shamil Tarpischev didn't change his expression much; he learned that in the old system.

The numbers were UGLY: 28 winners for each. 63 unforced for Jankovic, a whopping 77 for Kuznetsova.

Ana Ivanovic then took the court to try to clinch for Serbia. She'll have two chances at it; she and Jankovic are listed as playing the doubles as well.

The poor girl quickly went down two breaks, 0-4, before breaking Alisa Kleybanova to get on the board, and held at love to narrow the gap to 2-4. Ivanovic looks like she again didn't get a wink of sleep last night. She was broken at 15 (a double-fault at love-30 didn't help) to give the first set 6-2 to the Russian, in 33 minutes.

Jankovic returned to the court to cheer. She got a little sidetracked for a bit (understandable, from our vantage point), but quickly got back to the business of being a good teammate.

The commentators were making much of the fact that Ivanovic STILL doesn't have a full-time coach, abandoning the Craig Kardon experiment after just a few months and going back under the wing of the adidas development program and guru Sven Groenefeld. They're right about that - if anyone needs a full time coach/shrink, it's Ana.

The female commentator (I believe it's Sam Smith) pointed out some serious technical flaws in Ivanovic's game. They're the kinds of things that people ignore as a kid is moving up the ranks, because that kid is winning. But they always rear their ugly heads when the confidence is gone.

She pointed out that Ivanovic's forehand - considered her weapon - has some big flaws. And she said that Ivanovic's weaker backhand is actually a sound stroke; it's the feet that are incorrectly positioned. She also said she'd lock Ivanovic on a court and make her toss her serve until she gets it right, that the left arm was doing some things it shouldn't be doing. She's not factoring in the mental side. But if we draw a conclusion from what she said, it's that if Ivanovic's technical base were more sound, there would be less to go awry when her head is a mess. And that's valid stuff.

She had some pretty perceptive things to say about the movement of Kleybanova, as well, pointing out that despite her lumbering size (which most people can't get past), she actually motors pretty well and has a very effective first step towards the ball, perhaps because she reads the game better than the average player.

Ivanovic was more competitive in the second set. But she had plenty of opportunities she didn't take. Ultimately, at 3-4 on her serve, she saved four break points before another errant forehand gave Kleybanova the break, and the opportunity to serve for the match and even the tie at 2-2.

That forehand caused Ivanovic to give her Yonex a pretty good smack on the court. Just before Kleybanova was about to launch her first serve, Ivanovic decided she had to go over and change it. A tough spot to break in a new string job; her first return went long.

Kleybanova's first ace of the match came at 30-love. A huge service winner on match point gave it to her, 6-2, 6-3.

A total of 15 winners and a whopping 51 unforced for Ivanovic; Kuzzie was real happy to be let off the hook for losing her match.

So it all comes down to the doubles.

And Russia has put its two singles players, Kuznetsova and Kleybanova, together to try to win it. They're both good doubles players. Ivanovic is already a target, in the very first game; Ivanovic and Jankovic hardly ever play doubles, never mind together.

Jankovic has already forgotten which side she was supposed to serve from, at love-40 in the first game.

Maybe it broke the tension; Ivanovic and Jankovic (NOT pals) are already laughing. You hope they will at least enjoy it, regardless of the outcome.

The Fila Russians had no trouble coordinating; Jankovic, anticipating this very occurrence, has another cute dress, this one white with red accents, to better match up with her partner, an ITF regulation.

Ivanovic playing the forehand side, which means that the relatively weaker side for both girls is where the strength should be - up the middle of the court. That's not how we'd go with that. But hey, they didn't ask us.

The Russians win it in straights, and take the tie 3-2. The "Ic"s led 4-2 in the second set; the "Ova"s won the last 10 straight points to take it. We'll have more on the bizarre finish for this one in a separate post.

Brena
Feb 8th, 2010, 10:16 PM
^Meh, I don't like that article. It focuses on Ana instead of the amazing awesomeness Serbian Queen JJ displayed this weekend. :p

~Kiera~
Feb 8th, 2010, 10:43 PM
https://twitter.com/JamesLaRosa

Aravane Rezai, on who shows the worst sportsmanship on tour: "Jelena Jankovic and especially Marion Bartoli." SLAP.

Illusionist
Feb 8th, 2010, 10:44 PM
The whole JJ presser after her victory against Kleybanova. (http://www.svettenisa.net/site/component/content/article/41-intervjui/3893-jj-daemo-sve-od-sebe.html) On Serbian only... Try using google translate for translation :\ It's really too long for me to translate. I almost died after typing it :lol:

Brena
Feb 8th, 2010, 11:37 PM

She's gonna get it. Why are they all so desperate to get it from JJ??

Bruno71
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:13 AM
JJ's only played Aravane once a few years ago and beat her easily. Maybe JJ hit her with a ball, she's easy to hit :shrug:

Brena
Feb 9th, 2010, 10:59 AM
JJ's only played Aravane once a few years ago and beat her easily. Maybe JJ hit her with a ball, she's easy to hit :shrug:

Naughty Bruno! :p
But I was also wondering when was the last time they played each other and couldn't remember. Maybe Jelena was flashing her knickers at her.

JadeFox
Feb 9th, 2010, 11:31 AM

Or maybe she stole her massage appointment a la Sofia Arvidsson. :lol:

Snex
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Jankovic has already forgotten which side she was supposed to serve from, at love-40 in the first game.

Naughty Bruno! :p
But I was also wondering when was the last time they played each other and couldn't remember. Maybe Jelena was flashing her knickers at her.

I think it was at the Australian Open 2008. R2 or sth. :scratch:

ms_nut
Feb 9th, 2010, 05:21 PM
^^ They last played in Dubai '07 Rd 2 and JJ won 6-1,6-2 :devil:

Snex
Feb 9th, 2010, 05:28 PM

:ras:

Brena
Feb 9th, 2010, 07:04 PM

Well, that was most definitely some bad sportsmanship from JJ. She should have let her win more than 3 games. :(

-NAJ-
Feb 9th, 2010, 09:06 PM
JJ got "Oscar of popularity" in Serbia in category " female athlete of 2009"
nominations : Nadja Higl, Jelena Jankovic, Ana Ivanovic
Vanja Grbic(Serbian volleyball player) handed her this award

in category " male athlete of 2009" in nominations were: Milorad Cavic, Novak Djokovic, Nemanja Vidic
Novak won, his brother took his Oscar because Nole is playing tournament

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/7716/video02092242tv250005.jpg
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1030/video02092242tv250004xh.jpg
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/8753/video02092242tv250003.jpg
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6550/video02092242tv250002.jpg
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/5364/video02092242tv250001.jpg
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/3640/video02092242tv250000d.jpg
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/8283/video02092242tv250007.jpg
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8721/video02092242tv250006.jpg

-NAJ-
Feb 9th, 2010, 09:30 PM
skip on 5:00
3Jyv78RCWdk

дalex
Feb 9th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Vanja Grbic wanted to choose someone else, probably Nadja. :weirdo:

ms_nut
Feb 9th, 2010, 10:04 PM
:rolls: Alex, u started a thread in GM... i couldn't help cracking up when you ended your post with " Discuss!!!" :tape::lol::lol:

Brena
Feb 9th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Vanja Grbic wanted to choose someone else, probably Nadja. :weirdo:

:speakles: Who does he think he is? Kanye??? :weirdo:

-NAJ-
Feb 9th, 2010, 10:47 PM
he was just trying to be funny all time :)

Btw, Serbian tennis players are really more involved in real estate then tennis lol

i read that JJ will build one more house but this time on Sardinia, she is looking place in Cagliari:help: it's gossip newspaper so who knows

Bruno71
Feb 10th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Well, that was most definitely some bad sportsmanship from JJ. She should have let her win more than 3 games. :(

The sad thing is, I'm never 100% sure that JJ didn't hit her opponent with a ball in any given match.

-NAJ-
Feb 10th, 2010, 12:42 PM
JJ blog
http://www.jj-jelenajankovic.com
google translate

Hi everyone,

Three days passed since the end of the Fed Cup meeting between Serbia and Russia, has gone from a great battle that unfortunately did not come out as winners. I am disappointed and do not hide. I know that you should always go further and look into the future, but this defeat hurt, and time will heal the pain. When I last wrote you I was in Florida, the dilemma of whether to come to Belgrade and played Fed Cup and thereby risking a lot, because I've had injuries and that has not yet been fully zalečena, could get even more dimensions to me away from the field for a longer period. However, heart win minds. I decided to go forward and fight in the Belgrade Arena, to give all of myself, so what is it to be.
And all you see, once I left the heart on the field for Serbia, I enrolled two new victories in the national jersey and I'm proud of myself. It was not easy. I arrived in America on Thursday accompanied by his father Veselin. That day was real drama. At the Airport "Nikola Tesla" where I waited for mom and coach Dejan, I landed at 14:20 pm, and official conferences our team was scheduled for 15 hours. I am not allowed to late, because it does not allow the rules of the ITF. Right from the airport, we make the arena, and arrived exactly on time, the beginning of the Conference of Serbian national team. Although very tired, I was glad to see people again nice people that I saw long, the entire Serbian team and many journalists. Fatigue was immediately dropped into the background.
Immediately after the conference I addressed in my doctor where I continued with the treatments I had in America. Already after the first treatment was much better, there is nothing without our doctors and trusted team of people that for years and know that they always treated me and it successfully. That night I could sleep for a long time, because of time differences, Serbia to the United States.
The first training I did at the Arena on Friday from 15 pm because we had a lot before that at the City where the summit who will go first to the ground on Saturday. After training at the Arena was followed by therapy and after that I joined the Serbian team in the hotel where I stayed with them until the end of the match with the Russian.
Followed the first day of the battle with Russia in which I entered tired but very motivated and concentrated. Ensued was one of the strangest, most exciting matches I've played in a career. My opponent Klejbanova is the player who has the strongest shot at "the WTA tour. I knew it be very difficult, and so did. The previous two meetings against the players I've lost, this time I came out as the winner. Although the first part of the match was marked by my rival, somehow I turn the power smog. I neutralized her huge lead and with 11 related gemova reached for me and the first major victory points for Serbia. Wonderful ambience, the audience that I was cheered with great passion gave me wings to make that shift.
It was not much time for rest. Within 15 hours I waited for the match with Kuznetsova. I gave myself a task, I said that I must use all their knowledge in the field, which has all the power and get this very important point of Serbia, which would move into the lead and were on the brink of victory. I solved the task in the best way to victory. Unfortunately the end of the day, and was beginning. The decision on the winner fell in the doubles match, where we hadn't luck, and because the exhaustion, that due lack doubles matches. Now, what is there is no back.

Today, the lot in London, decided to play off match, 24th and 25 April 2010th we play at home against Slovakia in which the selection will be fighting for survival with a group of the World. Two years ago we played the famous meeting of Slovakia - Serbia in Kosice. I will never forget the match against Cibulkova, which lasted three hours and 32 minutes, when I'm at the end of the match, two balls to win, due to rupture of fibers on the left foot left to play and only one reached the goal, the points for Serbia. It is really something that I will never forget, nor the atmosphere that we are serving the Slovaks, we were like grotlu, our 15-tak versus 6000 frenetičnih fans host. Team Slovakia in almost the same composition as well as two years ago, neither easy nor difficult opponent, an environment that I believe that we can master at home without major problems. It seems that the time to be revenge for the defeat in Kosice.

Last night I was on the Oscar award in popularity in the Sava Center in Belgrade, where I declared the best sportswoman Serbia for 2009. year. I am surprised by this recognition, because I expected that Oscar still go into the hands of swimmer Nadja Higl for what she achieved last year, and really made an incredible and all the gold medals she won. I am aware that I had good results, not the 2008th when I finished the season first WTA list, but it was good and the great victory, particularly for the national team in the Fed Cup and I think that was crucial to the voters in this competition for the Oscar. I enjoyed last night at the Sava Center, I really was honored to find with all winners in one place and share these beautiful moments.

Tomorrow I travel to Dubai, where I check the new competition. As I said in konferecniji three days ago, now I'm without coach, I ended cooperation with Ricardo Sanchez. My goal is to recover my old game, which I decorated when I rule the best results and I believe that I am on the right track. I will only sparring partner, and with me and will always now be a member of my family. After Dubai, followed by tours in America, two major tournaments - Indian Wells and Miami.

Thank you to all the endless support, to those who cheered me live at the Arena, and all of you who are always with me through the small TV screen in mind.
For me to continue to work and trying to be better, to justify both your and their expectations.

Love your JJ

Mlle Bruni
Feb 10th, 2010, 02:48 PM
awww

Brena
Feb 10th, 2010, 03:37 PM
The sad thing is, I'm never 100% sure that JJ didn't hit her opponent with a ball in any given match.

Jelena just doesn't care whom she pisses off. :awww: But I really loved her vicious attempt at lovely Lindsay's life. :drool:

JJ blog
http://www.jj-jelenajankovic.com
google translate

This blog sounds interesting for some reason. She sounds somehow..determined? :unsure: And she even mentioned Nadja Higl (a person who is not JJ)! :unsure::unsure:

Bruno71
Feb 11th, 2010, 01:21 AM
Jankovic turns the power smog :drool:

Optima
Feb 11th, 2010, 01:43 AM
:spit:

Roookie
Feb 11th, 2010, 04:59 AM
Jelena...win them all in Dubai :cheer:

~Kiera~
Feb 11th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Jelena just doesn't care whom she pisses off. :awww: But I really loved her vicious attempt at lovely Lindsay's life. :drool:

I like to think of it as her performing a public service :worship: Nobody realised before what a big old cry baby Lindsay was.

дalex
Feb 11th, 2010, 10:45 AM
http://www.jj-jelenajankovic.com/eng/news.php

http://www.jj-jelenajankovic.com/slikevesti/115m.jpg

One of the best Serbian athletes, the tennis star recognized not only in our country, but in the world too, Jelena Jankovic, received a great award from "Puls" magazine readers - Oscar of popularity. Popular JJ, recognizable by her charm and style easily won the hearts of the tennis fans, but also of the people who are not in sports. "Puls" readers sent their votes by coupons and SMS messages during the last two months, and the most popular athlete of the year was elected simply by counting all of them.
Beside Jelena, the nominees were her colleague Ana Ivanovic, and a swimmer Nadja Higl, who marked the year behind us by her sport success.
Even though she had lots of obligations, Jelena found time to be part of this show, and personally give thanks to everyone who voted for her. She sat in the first row beside celebrities such as Radomir Antic, Miroslav Ilic, Neda Ukraden, Djordje Marjanovic, Radmila Zivkovic, Vesna Zmijanac and many other who were all in the Great hall of "Sava" center, on 9th of February.
After the ceremony of declaring award winners in 18 categories there was a cocktail reception, where the media from all over the region showed a great interest for popular JJ. Almost half an hour Jeca gave statements to the media: TV Nova and RTL Croatia, TV Macedonia, Pink M and Pink BiH, TVB92 and other TV stations from Serbia.

Brena
Feb 11th, 2010, 12:12 PM
I like to think of it as her performing a public service :worship: Nobody realised before what a big old cry baby Lindsay was.

Yep. It wasn't as momentous as Rafa tearing off Federer's mask by making him cry by simply beating him in that AO final, but it was still laudable. :worship:

-NAJ-
Feb 12th, 2010, 01:10 PM
http://www.thesportscampus.com/201002123893/tennis-news/jankovic-dubai-tennis-championship-preview

Jankovic sees Dubai as first step to reclaim World no.1 Ranking
Jelena Jankovic is ready to continue her quest to recapture the number one ranking she held in 2008 and 2009 as she competes next week in the Barclays Dubai Tennis Championships.
http://www.thesportscampus.com/images/stories/tennis/jelena_jankovic_6.jpg

Universally acknowledged as one of the WTA Tour's most charismatic players, the Serb recovered from a difficult start to the 2009 season to win titles in Marbella and Cincinnati and qualify for the year-end Sony Ericsson Championships. She finished in the top 10 for the third straight year and earned her first victory over a reigning world number one when she defeated Dinara Safina in the Cincinnati final.

She also finished as runner-up in Tokyo where she was forced to retire against Maria Sharapova with a wrist injury, she reached the semi-finals of the Paris Indoor event, and she was a quarter-finalist no less than six times, in Stuttgart, Rome, Madrid, Stanford, Toronto and Moscow.
Jankovic is one of only a handful of players who knows what it is like to be ranked as the very best player in the world, and it is something she wants to experience again.

"You go on the court and want to play as the number one player in the world and you don't feel any pressure, because once you become the number one player, you get that monkey off your back," she said.

"If you are number two or three in the world you think, ‘Maybe I will finish my career there and never get to the top position', or that I've been working so hard and got to this position and later I'm defending so many points and maybe I'll never get so close again.

"You put so much pressure on yourself, but once you get there and touch that spot you don't have anything further to lose. It is a dream come true, and then you can go out there and enjoy your tennis. Still, you know that many other players are coming up and want to beat you with nothing to lose when they are playing against you, so you have to work much, much harder on the court, off the court."

With so much success in regular Tour events, the only thing that prevented Jankovic challenging strongly to regain the number one ranking was her failure to advance to the later stages of the four Grand Slams. However, despite that disappointment she played a pivotal role in Serbia qualifying for the first time to the Fed Cup elite World Group, winning matches against Japan and Spain.

Now, after a respectable start to the season that has seen her continue her Fed Cup success with victories over Russians Svetlana Kuznetsova and Alisa Kleybanova, she is thrilled to return to one of her favourite venues.

Jankovic reached the final on her Barclays Dubai Tennis Championships debut in 2005 and the semi-finals in 2007 and 2008. Her loss in 2007, after she had beaten Martina Hingis, was especially disappointing because she had to retire against Amelie Mauresmo after injuring her ankle and collapsing on the court. Now, she is looking forward to making up for one of her more disappointing visits here as she fell in the third round last year to Kaia Kanepi.

"Jelena Jankovic is one of the greatest entertainers in the game, and her ability to always wear a smile while at the same time putting so much effort into her game has made her one of the most popular players on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour," said Colm McLoughlin, Managing Director of tournament owners and organisers Dubai Duty Free.

"She made her debut here in Dubai as long ago as 2003 when she won an event run by the International Tennis Federation, and many feel a similar success is overdue at the Barclays Dubai Tennis Championships."

Play at the Barclays Dubai Tennis Championships begins on Sunday, February 14th, 2010 with the WTA Tour event and continues with the ATP tournament from Monday, February 22nd - 27th.

дalex
Feb 13th, 2010, 10:24 AM
I think this article is a great honour for Jelena. This kind of portrait is usually done for the most influential people in Serbia. The fact that this section of the paper is called The Topic of the Day is pretty telling.

http://www.blic.rs/Vesti/Tema-Dana/176519/Borac-

Portrait: Jelena Jankovic

The Fighter

Her biggest weapon on the court is her two-handed backhand. She made the list of 8 magnificent tennis players two years ago when she spent 100 days as world #1 and ended the season as a tennis queen.

Faced with many obstacles, injuries, loss of a grandmother, heart problems of the biggest support in her life, mother Snezana, she wasn't able to stay on the top. Behind her is possibly the toughest season of her career. In spite that she chose to put on Serbian jersey once again for the World Group tie of Fed Cup against Russia: "I will play no matter the state of injury. I cannot leave my teammates stranded." Her fighting spirit prevailed and that's one of the reasons she received great acknowledgment from the readers of "Puls" magazine - "Oscar of Popularity" for the best sportswoman.

Even though she won both singles matches against Russians she doesn't hide her disappointment about the overall loss: "It hurts, but time will heal the pain." The experts say it was the old Jelena on the court - athletic, with great movement, explosive. Her serve is improved, she was more intense at the net and showed great psychological stability.

Jelena's tennis story commenced on November 2nd 1994. Following older brother Marko's advice, then a 9.5 year old girl, she came to the tennis courts of the Red Star's club and had her first ever tennis lesson. Only six months later she played her first tournament. It was the championship of Yugoslavia and she reached semifinal stage. A year later she won the championships, but also won the famous "Lemon Bowl" in Italy. In order to continue on the path of champions she had to go to America, where only after few months spent in Florida she got the invitation of the tennis wizard Nick Bollettieri, to join other talents at his tennis academy. She wasn't yet 16 when she won her first junior Grand Slam title in Melbourne in 2001. She became world #1 junior. The next year she became professional and after only 8 tournaments played she entered world's top 200. It's already then that world's tennis experts proclaimed that she's the player without major flaws to her game, that her technique is right there at the top and that her two-handed backhand is one of the best shots in the sport.
Her WTA Tour debut was in Indian Wells, and she won her first Tour title in Budapest in 2004. She played her first Grand Slam final in New York in 2008. She first played in Fed Cup when she was only 16. She was part of Serbian Olympic teams in Athens and Beijing, where despite the injury she reached quarterfinal. Today she's world #8 with 10 titles to her name and just as many finals. In doubles, together with Li Na she was the Birmingham champion in 2006, and Wimbledon mixed doubles champion with Jamie Murray in 2007.

Although tennis is her greatest love, family always comes first to Jelena. She was born on February 28th 1985. Her parents, father Veselin and mother Snezana, are economists. She's got two brothers, Marko and Stefan. Jelena loves to travel, read books and watch TV. Her favourite book is "Bridge on Drina", movie "Titanic", actor Robert De Niro. She attended French diplomatic school in Belgrade. She speaks English and can also use some French. She also learned to play piano. Her romance with Montenegrin waterpolo player Mladjan Janovic is always interesting topic for local and foreign media. They say it was love at first sight. They met during Beijing Olympics in 2008.

Jelena likes to say she won her boyfriend with her smile, and it also helped Serbia enter the Guinness Book of World Records. The giant mosaic of Jelena's smiley face with more than 137,000 photos of smiles broke the previous record set in Great Britain. Her major hobby and the one she enjoys the most is fashion. With Chinese company ANTA she designs tennis dresses and at the end of 2009 she released her third collection for Mona called "JJ Star Collection": "I wanted it to be feminine and to give women strength to walk with confidence and leave trail behind them wherever they go." Among all the awards she received in her home country are the ones for The best sportswoman, The best European, The person of the year. One of the presents she received is a star named after her - Jay Jay. She filmed a documentary about her life - "Jelena's World".

Jelena first became world #1 on August 11th 2008, she was 18th player in the history of women's tennis to achieve so. But she's one of the few players who got there without winning a Grand Slam title. Beside last year she also struggled in 2006. The disappointment was so big that she even considered quitting tennis altogether. She managed to battle the injuries and herself. She believes the same will happen after a rough 2009 season. Currently, she's in Dubai and she's getting ready for the tournaments in Indian Wells and Miami. In April she will have another fight for the national Fed Cup team. It's a World Group playoff against Slovakia. She says she's ready, but that she values more the school of life she went through: "I learned to appreciate more the things I have and not to take tennis so seriously. It's just a game after all."
And it's a game Jelena will keep winning at, no doubt.

дalex
Feb 14th, 2010, 10:58 AM
There's an audio interview with Jelena on Dubai website.
http://www.barclaysdubaitennischampionships.com/News/DTC-Radio-Inteviews/Interviews-Audio.aspx

RFS
Feb 14th, 2010, 11:35 AM
That's a good article of the JJ we all love... when she comes back to the court, we'll have Happy Days!

дalex
Feb 14th, 2010, 05:06 PM
http://goserbia.com/Vesti/Vest/Jelena_Jankovic_Ana_mi_nije_rivalka

Jelena Jankovic: Ana isn't my rival!

The best Serbian tennis player, Jelena Jankovic, says that her colleague and countrywoman Ana Ivanovic isn't her rival and that their relationship is just fine. Jankovic once again had to answer the question whether she has a problem with media constantly bringing up her rivalry with Ana and their bad relations.

"No, no. It's media that maybe started that story. Ana and I get along fine. We're both very good tennis players, great professionals, and we try to do our job the best way we can, represent our country the best way we can. I wish Ana all the luck and I hope she comes back (to the top). There's no rivalry whatsoever between us. We're both trying to be as good players as we can, so really there's no reason for such rivalry 'cos we already achieved so much and had successful careers so far. That's the most important thing, all other stories are unnecessary," said Jelena for "Story" magazine.

Optima
Feb 14th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Whatever, Jeca.

дalex
Feb 14th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Whatever, Jeca.

:lol: Don't you believe her? http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/kink.gif

LoLex
Feb 14th, 2010, 06:04 PM
With Chinese company ANTA she designs tennis dresses and at the end of 2009 she released her third collection for Mona called JJ Star Collection: "I wanted it to be feminine and to give women strength to walk with confidence and leave trail behind them wherever they go."

:hearts:

ce
Feb 14th, 2010, 06:27 PM

дalex
Feb 14th, 2010, 08:36 PM
http://gulfnews.com/sport/tennis/jankovic-hoping-dubai-move-will-pay-off-1.582646
Jankovic hoping Dubai move will pay off
Former Serbian world no 1 hopes move to UAE will help find winning touch

Dubai : Former world number one Jelena Jankovic is hoping her move to Dubai will help raise the profile of her game.

"I hope my game will get better," Jankovic said after attending the draw ceremony of the Barclays Dubai Tennis Championship at the Dubai Tennis Stadium on Saturday.

Jankovic recently moved her base to Dubai. "This has been deliberate and it has been entirely my move," Jankovic stated.

"I've played some good tennis here in the past and the crowd support has always been a strong motivation for me. I am looking forward to a good performance here this year."

Born on February 28, 1985, the Serbian had a modest 2009 winning two titles on the Tour in Marbella and Cincinnati. But this was preceded by four titles each in 2007 and 2008 — when she also reached the pinnacle of the rankings on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour.

Losing steam

However, the Serb has slipped down the rankings to No 8. She has been given the sixth seeding at the Dubai tennis championships.

Jankovic has not had a good start to the 2010 season. She lost to qualifier Agnes Szavay in the first round of the Sydney International. In the Australian Open, she lost to No 31 Alona Bondarenko in the third round.

But Jankovic plans to take it one match at a time. "The competition here is going to be tough, but I am here to do my maximum. This is home for me now and it would be nice to keep the title here in Dubai," she said. "I love so many things about this place [Dubai]. The people are good and the place is lovely as I can step out any time and practice," she added.

As the sixth seed, Jankovic will get a bye in the first round and her opponent in the second round will be the winner of the match between Sybille Bammer and Aravane Rezai.

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100214/SPORT/702139860/1004/sport
Jankovic’s home comfort

DUBAI // Jelena Jankovic, having made the city her new home, is hoping to keep the Dubai Tennis Championship women’s title in the country when the tournament starts at Dubai’s Aviation Club tomorrow.

Jankovic, the sixth seed, has been given a first-round bye as one of the top eight seeds in the tournament – Caroline Wozniacki, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Venus Williams, Victoria Azarenka, Elena Dementieva, Agnieszka Radwanska and Na Li are the others – but the Serb said she cannot wait to get out on the court and start playing.

“It would be nice [to win the title], but I don’t want to talk too much,” said Jankovic, the former world No 1 who has reached the last-four of the tournament three times.

“I just want to try my best and I am looking forward to playing my first match, which will be Monday or Tuesday.

“We will see how things go for me. I hope for the best. I had great matches in the Fed Cup against Russia. I played some good tennis and I am really looking forward to the tournament. I will try my best and hopefully have a good run.”

Jankovic, 24, awaits the winner of the first-round match between Sybille Bammer and Aravane Rezai and has been placed in the same half of the draw as Kuznetsova, the second seed and French Open champion, Azarenka, the fourth seed, and Radwanska.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/sport/inside_sport.asp?xfile=/data/tennis/2010/February/tennis_February46.xml&section=sports
I Just Love Dubai: Jankovic
Rituraj Borkakoty

14 February 2010,
Serbian tennis sensation Jelena Jankovic is waiting for her loyal fans to roar.

The noise at the arena will reach a crescendo each time Jelena plays at the WTA Dubai Tennis Championship, which will begin on Sunday.

The former world number one, while talking to a few scribes after the draw ceremony at the Dubai Tennis Stadium, revealed what would help her make telling statements on the court.

“The crowd support,” said the 24-year-old, “is just amazing every time I play in Dubai. They really motivate me to perform well each time I play.”

“I just love Dubai. I am so glad to be back here again. I am looking forward to play here. It’s one of my favourite tournaments. I love the people. And I want to come here for many more years,” Jankovic, who received a first-round bye, said.

Dubai is actually an ‘away home’ for the Serbian stars. The large number of Serbian expats each year makes it a ‘Davis Cup’ like atmosphere at the Dubai Tennis Stadium. Even last year’s men’s winner Novak Djokovic didn’t forget to thank the loyal fans after his straight-set win in the final over David Ferrer 
of Spain.

-NAJ-
Feb 15th, 2010, 11:10 AM
on list (by Blic) of the most powerful in Serbia, Jelena took 100 th place. Nole #48, Ana #201
In top of the list are people from our government, politics, owners of big companies, judges even some drug dealers:help:

дalex
Feb 16th, 2010, 01:44 PM
http://gulfnews.com/sport/tennis/jankovic-wants-to-see-serbs-dominating-again-1.583759
Jankovic wants to see Serbs dominating again

Player plans to take it one step at a time to reclaim her No 1 spot in the world and sees Dubai event as a good start

Dubai: Country colours may only matter for the Davis Cup or other team events, but it's different with Jelena Jankovic. The Serbian star, a former world No 1 in 2008, wants to see herself and her compatriots at the top of the rankings again.

"I want to see the Serbian power back on top again. It was not a mean achievement for a small country with no tradition in tennis to have players occupying the top three positions in the world," said Jankovic, now a resident of Dubai.

No prizes for guessing, she was referring to herself, Ana Ivanovic (another former world No 1) and men's star Novak Djokovic.

After having an indifferent season last year, Jankovic now wants to take one step at a time in her pursuit of regaining the No 1 spot. If winning the Dubai Tennis Championship is one of them, the Serb is satisfied with the bigger picture.

"I have shed a lot of weight and am feeling a lot lighter on court. I am also working on my game and hopefully things should fall into place soon," the down-to-earth star said during an interaction with the media.

One of the few things that Jankovic did — quite a familiar practice among sportspersons — is go back to the basics with tennis guru Nick Bollettieri.

"I have discontinued my old coach and gone back to Nick, who knows my game since I was a child and he has rectified a few things."

Grand ambition

Much like Dinara Safina in recent times, one of the question marks that lingered about Jankovic's capabilities as a player was that she had made it to the top without winning a Grand Slam.

"I have no reasons to feel bad about it. I had defeated all the players who won the Slams in one tournament or the other and lost to Serena [Williams] in one of the Slam finals. However, someday I hope to win a Slam — not to prove anything to anybody but for myself," she said.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/sport/inside_sport.asp?xfile=/data/tennis/2010/February/tennis_February58.xml&section=sports
Jankovic has pleasant memories of Dubai tennis stadium
Rituraj Borkakoty

15 February 2010,
Dubai holds a special place in Jelena Jankovic’s heart. The Serb simply can’t stop talking about a city with which her affair began when she was just a teenager.

“When I first started playing professionally, I came to Dubai and I won a tournament. It was a $75,000 tournament and I won it,” said the former world number one on the first day of the Dubai Tennis Championships.

“And then the second time I came, I was very young. I was just 18. I played Serena Williams, and I played many of the top 10 players. I lost to (Lindsay) Davenport in the final (in 2005).

“So, you know, I love coming back here. Some of the nice moments of my early career happened here. So I have a special relationship with Dubai.

“And last year, I celebrated my birthday (February 28) here during the tournament on the Centre Court. It was nice to share a moment like that with the fans who support me all the time,” added the current world number eight.

Jankovic believes she is playing better than ever even though she is no longer among the top five players in women’s tennis.

“My game is much better now. I am feeling great after the Fed Cup match. I feel much lighter on the court. I feel I am going to play much better than I did when I was the number one player in the world. I feel much more confident. I know I can come back to the top again and start winning those big events.”

The 2008 US Open runner-up is confident that the busy WTA schedule is unlikely to punish her physically. That she is perfectly capable of coping with the demands of a gruelling year.

“I like competing. I like playing lot of tournaments. I like to challenge myself. The more I play, the better I get. It’s about playing more. It’s about rising to another level. That helps me become a better player. I do believe that I have a good schedule.”

The Serbian glamour girl then reveals the secret to her success in the world of tennis.

“I always play with the aim to win. That’s why I have been able to beat all the top players,” she says with a smile.

Finally, when we informed Jelena that the tournament organisers here are planning to shift the Dubai Tennis Championships from the Dubai Tennis Stadium to Dubai Sports City, she said she would miss the Centre Court and the other ‘nice facilities’.

“After playing here for many years, I have got used to the Centre Court. This stadium really has nice facilities, nice restaurants. The new stadium should be a different experience. But it’s for all the players, not just for me.”

The Dubai sun doesn’t bother the East European player. “I like the Dubai weather because I grew up in Florida. So I am used to the warm weather. Heat is not a factor for me.”

~Kiera~
Feb 16th, 2010, 08:03 PM

FYI, Jankovic had three costume changes at the Dubai players party. Move over, Gaga.

:worship:

дalex
Feb 17th, 2010, 12:16 PM
There's Jelena's interview after R2 here:
http://www.barclaysdubaitennischampionships.com/News/Interview-Transcripts/Interview-Transcripts.aspx

Bobisa
Feb 17th, 2010, 10:49 PM
OMG, Jelena will play at Monterrey Open :weirdo: http://www.abiertodetenismonterrey.com/portal/ ...I didn't knew it

http://i45.tinypic.com/rii6nd.jpg

ms_nut
Feb 17th, 2010, 11:57 PM
:) Might not be a bad idea to play in Mexico. It's not Clay, so it will be good preparation for IW and Miami. It's not like we have to worry about her overplaying anytime soon, given that she only plays around 1-2 matches every tournament.

It has a "strong" field though including Szavay,Safarova,Pavlychenkova,AMG,Peer and Wozniack.

Well, since the road to #1 didn't begin with Dubai, hopefully it'll begin with Monterrey.;)

MaBaker
Feb 18th, 2010, 12:07 AM
Well, since the road to #1 didn't begin with Dubai, hopefully it'll begin with Monterrey.;)
Or any other tournament after that. It's not like we're in a hurry or something. She's only 25.

ms_nut
Feb 18th, 2010, 12:15 AM
Or any other tournament after that. It's not like we're in a hurry or something. She's only 25.

:rolls: :rolleyes: JJ will have you eating your words when she wins this tournament and seals her place in the Hall of Dames..

schorsch
Feb 18th, 2010, 01:30 AM
Great news that she's playing Monterrey :)

-NAJ-
Feb 18th, 2010, 02:28 AM
This will be good preparation for IW:bounce:
many players in the main draw are in great shape:eek:, so if JJ wants to win Monterrey she needs to play good tennis.
and i hope that this event will have more audience than in Dubai:p

RFS
Feb 18th, 2010, 07:21 AM
:) Might not be a bad idea to play in Mexico. It's not Clay, so it will be good preparation for IW and Miami. It's not like we have to worry about her overplaying anytime soon, given that she only plays around 1-2 matches every tournament.

It has a "strong" field though including Szavay,Safarova,Pavlychenkova,AMG,Peer and Wozniack.

Oh JJ... come back...

Illusionist
Feb 18th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Well, I think it's a good thing. I mean, she has a huge chance to collect some points at IW and Miami and let's face it, how is she supposed to do that after playing so few matches this year. And that field is not that strong, but nowadays who's not strong for JJ :shrug:

-NAJ-
Feb 18th, 2010, 10:44 AM
for internatinal event that is very strong field :shrug:
http://www.abiertodetenismonterrey.com/portal/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=4
:drive: Monterrey

дalex
Feb 18th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Just start winning, Jelena! :rolleyes:

Monterrey... Timbuktu... Wherever!

JadeFox
Feb 18th, 2010, 10:59 AM
OMG, Jelena will play at Monterrey Open :weirdo: http://www.abiertodetenismonterrey.com/portal/ ...I didn't knew it

http://i45.tinypic.com/rii6nd.jpg

I know she's playing at a different tournament, but if JJ were to win Monterrey, will they give her a hat like they did Venus in Acapluco? Cause that would be hilarious! :lol:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0M_KdlZIAtk/Sap-JuAfziI/AAAAAAAAQQk/iOdXrAUuZKQ/s400/3ab41d0beee656bfcecdfa29c140465e-getty-tennis-mexico-open-williams.jpg

LoLex
Feb 18th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Yeah, JJ.. go there and win this tournament. :hearts: So she won't play Marbella this year. :sobbing: That was a lovely tournament to watch. ;p

Smoothstuff
Feb 18th, 2010, 05:34 PM
:sobbing: If only she had a coach, she'd be brilliant in Indian Wells with her little MM to prepare her

Roookie
Feb 19th, 2010, 03:58 AM
strong field...win a match JJ :cheer:

kite1987runner
Feb 19th, 2010, 04:18 AM
Monterrey?
OK,anyway,just come on

Bruno71
Feb 19th, 2010, 07:05 AM
I just hope it doesn't come to a point where she has to ask the MM tourney for a wild card like Vaidisova :sad:

MaBaker
Feb 19th, 2010, 02:52 PM
I just hope it doesn't come to a point where she has to ask the MM tourney for a wild card like Vaidisova :sad:
It's a bit too early to be scared of that. Jeja's not puppy.

-NAJ-
Feb 19th, 2010, 03:13 PM
http://www.facebook.com/JelenaJankovicTennis
Jelena Jankovic: In Belgrade....getting ready for Monterrey. I accepted a wildcard there. First a cpl of days training at Bollettieri's before.

дalex
Feb 19th, 2010, 03:18 PM
She left her home in Dubai so soon? :awww:

I wish we had her interview after her loss to Vera.