PDA

View Full Version : Jelena Jankovic News and Articles Thread, vol 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21

ChriS.
Oct 26th, 2009, 10:11 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5i6dqd4-YDywVz_yOpG7Z3i8GieDA

Of course she turned up wearing high heels :lol:Irina might as well turn up on court in high heels for all the difference it would make to the outcome of her matches!

~Kiera~
Oct 26th, 2009, 10:55 PM
http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topics/article.asp?cu_no=2&item_no=322565&version=1&template_id=49&parent_id=29

Jankovic fitter and hungrier for more success

Doha: It has been a roller coaster ride for the Serbian star Jelena Jankovic this season. She clearly failed to carry forward her fine form of the 2008 season. But, her sparks of brilliance in between tournaments has ensured her a third-straight berth at the Sony Ericsson Championships.

It was a huge task for her to finish in the top eight for this tournament and had it not been for her face-saving effort at the Moscow Open, she would have missed the bus. But now that she has made it, she is aiming to make the most of her week in Qatar.

“I’m feeling good. It’s the last event of the year, the most prestigious event, which none of us would want to miss,” she said.
“Even though I had a tough year, so many things that have happened off the court that affected my tennis, I’m still in the top eight. No matter what happens, I’m always trying to do my best and be positive out there.”

The Serbian agreed that she was never at her best or in the right frame of mind all through the season, and lots of it had to do with the events happening in her life off the field.

“As one of the top players, our life is very difficult, very demanding to be on the Tour, to play every day, to work hard. We’re always under pressure.

“My mother was sick when I was competing at the US Open and my grandmother also passed away. That’s the time you realise there are more important things in life than tennis; and tennis is just a game.

“You realise you don’t need to take it so seriously. You don’t go blame yourself when you lose, you don’t get so disappointed like I used to before.

“I’m a bit more gentle on myself now. You know, I just try to enjoy it as much as I can.

However, Jankovic has vowed to comeback stronger and fitter next year. “My goal for next year is to work hard and to improve my game; to be at the top again.

“I had a lot of fitness issues at the beginning of the year. As you see now, I’m much skinnier than before. I may have lost seven to 10 kilos. Maybe you wouldn’t tell, but it was the case in the beginning of the year. I felt really slow on the court. I lost really my speed.

“Nowadays, if you don’t move well, it’s tough to compete against the best players, men or women. You have to be always on the ball. You have to be hitting. You always have to be in position.”

The Serbian had mix reactions on this season’s schedule for women tennis.
“To be honest, there were times this year where I felt like I wanted to play some more. I felt like I needed some matches because, especially after Wimbledon, I didn’t play for a month, and then I played one tournament in Stanford, and I felt like in order to come into form and be ready for the US Open and some of the big events, I needed to play some matches and get match tough again.’

“There was a time I felt the schedule didn’t suit me, where I wanted to compete a little bit more, get the rhythm and experience. But unfortunately this is how it is.”

Jankovic won just two titles this year, Marbella and Cincinnati. She finished runner up at Tokyo and was a semifinalist at the Paris Indoors. But having made it to this tournament, she is confident of putting up a good show.

“This year I struggled not just in the Grand Slam but in other tournaments as well. I haven’t done well at all. But, still I’m in the top eight, which is a huge achievement.

“Many players didn’t even win a tournament while I have won two. I still have a chance to play here and have given myself an opportunity to do well. If I’m here, anything can happen.”

Jankovic recollects how tough it was for her at Moscow to ensure a place here in the top eight.

“It was an unusual situation for me because the last two years I was the first one to qualify for the Championships, almost a few weeks after Wimbledon. And this year was just the opposite: I was the last one to qualify. I got injured in Beijing, when I needed that result over there.

“My hand was swollen. I couldn’t really hold the racquet. So my only chance was in Moscow.”

ChriS.
Oct 26th, 2009, 11:24 PM
My hand was swollen. I couldn’t really hold the racquet. So my only chance was in Moscow.No more excuses JJ, if you really want to win this time you have the game to do it. Just believe in yourself.

~Kiera~
Oct 27th, 2009, 02:02 AM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/news/all-access-to-the-elite-eight-20091026_2256076_1838308

All-Access To The Elite Eight

DOHA, Qatar - The Sony Ericsson WTA Tour's All-Access Hour provides the media time to ask a tournament's marquee names the questions on everyone's minds. Here are a few comments from the elite eight from Monday's All-Access Hour at the Sony Ericsson Championships - Doha 2009.

"It was the best year so far in my whole career. I had the best clay court season - I lost only two matches on clay. I can't take anything bad from it. I can only take positives out of the season. Even if I did anything wrong, it's more experience. Now I just want to enjoy the last tournament of the year."
Dinara Safina when asked to sum up her Sony Ericsson WTA Tour season.

"I think as I get older, my priorities change more towards tennis. I want to play more. Even in doubles, I want to play more. Before I liked to do a lot of other things, and granted, I still definitely do tons of other things, but I put more time and effort into tennis now. Always more - just less sleep."
Serena Williams on how her goals for tennis have changed over the years.

"I think the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour has improved the scheduling system so much. Definitely, there can always be improvement, and not everybody is going to be happy all the time. But compared to the men's tour, our schedule is so much better. We're already playing the Championships and they're only playing St. Petersburg this week. They still have two or three more weeks to go. You need time to rest to get ready for the next season. For us, it's much better."
Svetlana Kuznetsova on how the Roadmap has affected her season.

"I don't think I'm a typical power player. I think I can play everything. I'm a good runner, I'm a good fighter, I don't give up. I'm able to change the pace and the rhythm - that's one of the most important things in my game. But it's also important you're able to compete with the power, because otherwise they will just hit through you... There's a place for different players with different kinds of games. But there will always be power players."
Caroline Wozniacki on how her game stacks up against the power players.

"I love to compete. I love to play tennis. So every season is very emotional for me. Every season I have some good matches and some bad matches, but it's always very emotional and very interesting for me. That's why I'm playing. This was another good season... The semifinal at Wimbledon, it was one of the best matches in my career. Even though I lost it to Serena, it was really a great experience, and hopefully it will help me in the future."
Elena Dementieva on her season and the famous semifinal at SW19.

"I had a great start this year, but you cannot win tournaments the whole year, losing one or two matches in three months. I still think I played pretty well since Miami. I had some really tough matches against great players, like Maria and Kim, in their best form. I'm happy about my results in the second half of the year, even though they weren't that good. I just have to learn from it and try to do better next time. And sometimes you learn more from your losses."
Victoria Azarenka on how the start of her year compares to its ending.

"My whole thing is that we have all worked together as a team, the players and the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour's representatives, to make positive changes in the game, move forward and be competitive with other sports, and stay relevant. It's really a team effort, and I'm very happy to be on the team."
Venus Williams on her growing political role in women's tennis.

"She has her own team. She tries her best. It's hard. We are athletes. You can't always be at the top of the game. Our years are long. It's not like other sports, where you play for a few months then have a few months off. We always try to play our best tennis, but some years are better than others. That's part of sport, part of life as well. We have a lot of ups and downs in both. It's important to just be positive and always learn - to keep learning until you die."
Jelena Jankovic when asked about fellow Serb and fellow former No.1 Ana Ivanovic, whose season has seen her finish the year outside the Top 20.

Jelena's quote doesn't even fit in :o

shar1982
Oct 27th, 2009, 04:37 AM
Good Luck!

~Kiera~
Oct 27th, 2009, 06:14 PM
http://in.reuters.com/article/worldOfSport/idINIndia-43477820091027

Gloomy Jankovic says she is a shadow of herself
Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:23pm IST

By Martyn Herman

DOHA (Reuters) - Jelena Jankovic admitted her game needed a drastic overhaul after an error-strewn 6-2 6-3 defeat by Victoria Azarenka in the opening match of the WTA Championships on Tuesday.

The gritty Serb, who began the year ranked number one in the world but only crept back into the top eight last week in Moscow, struggled to keep her groundstrokes inside the lines as she handed 20-year-old Azarenka a surprisingly easy victory.

"I basically gave her everything. I beat myself. That was really unfortunately the case. My game was completely off," said the 24-year-old after launching 33 unforced errors at the Khalifa Tennis Centre.

"I would hit one or two balls and then the third one would go everywhere except in the court. I was a shadow of myself."

Jankovic will have to improve drastically in her remaining White Group matches, starting with world number one Dinara Safina on Wednesday, if she is to match her performance last year here when she reached the semi-finals.

QUICK FIX

However, she hinted that there might not be a quick fix for the problems that have afflicted her game for most of the year, admitting that pretty much everything needed fixing.

"I just have to try to clean my game," she said. "I need to get back to playing good points, hitting the ball, being aggressive, really cutting down all the errors, serve much better, return much better.

"I kept pushing myself to play better and I wanted to play better, but I just couldn't get into the match. I just hope that tomorrow I can play better.

"I will have to do a lot of work in the off-season to get back to my level and get to the top. That's all I know. There is really a lot of work to be done.

"I know that I have to make some changes and I have to improve my game because what you have seen today, really I gave the match away."

Azarenka, making her debut at the WTA's glittering showpiece after rising to sixth in the rankings this year, was more than happy to profit from Jankovic's woes, firing back at the Serb's opinion that she had been gifted a victory.

"I'm glad she gave me the match and she was not in the mood. It worked out pretty well for me," she told reporters.

The Belarussian will face fellow debutant and close friend Caroline Wozniacki on Wednesday when another victory could all but seal her place in the semi-finals.

"I expect a good match from her," she said "She's a great fighter, a good girl, and I'm sure we're going to have fun."

:o

Brena
Oct 27th, 2009, 06:44 PM
I beat myself.

Go to hell, JJ. You are NOT Serena, because she can actually play tennis. Tennis, remember? :ras:

дalex
Oct 27th, 2009, 06:49 PM
"I'm glad she gave me the match and she was not in the mood. It worked out pretty well for me," she told reporters.

:bowdown:

~Kiera~
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Go to hell, JJ. You are NOT Serena, because she can actually play tennis. Tennis, remember? :ras:

She has delusions of grandeur :p

Bruno71
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:14 PM
:bowdown:

:worship:

Actually, Vika should've rightly bitched her out there, that was some restraint on her part.

Illusionist
Oct 27th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Oh, Azarenka. I have a message for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpZm1TstpjQ&feature=player_embedded :dance:

~Kiera~
Oct 28th, 2009, 02:01 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/tennis/australia-to-see-less-of-jankovic/2009/10/28/1256405426671.html

Australia to see less of Jankovic

JELENA Jankovic will return to Australia this summer without the many kilograms of muscular excess she has shed since her last visit and, with the No. 1 ranking also long gone, the Serbian is determined to use the next two months to rediscover some of what has been lost from her game.

On Tuesday, Jankovic was beaten 6-2, 6-3 by Victoria Azarenka in the opening match of the year-end Sony Ericsson Championships. She is the lowest-ranked player in the Doha eight, and is finishing a season in which she failed to reach a single grand slam quarter-final and had to wait until August in Cincinnati for her first significant tournament win.

''I will have to do a lot of work in the off-season to get back to my level and get to the top. That's all I know - there is really a lot of work to be done,'' Jankovic said before last night's return performance against top seed Dinara Safina.

''After I finish here, I will take some time off, two weeks, just to rest and recover, leave the tennis alone, leave my racquet alone, then I will start to train.

''But I know that I have to make some changes and I have to improve my game to get to the top again because what you have seen today, really, I gave the match away. Just too many errors, too many things I shouldn't have done out there.''

A wrist injury affected Jankovic late in the season, and she did not qualify for the championships until last week in Moscow, when Vera Zvonareva helpfully fell at an earlier hurdle. Before that it was the ill-health of her mother and the death of her grandmother that contributed to a tough period.

''I haven't played my best tennis this year,'' she said. ''I had a lot of ups and downs, some good results. I have the tennis to beat the top players. My goal is for next year to come back to the top and start winning big events again.''

Jankovic estimates she has lost seven to 10 kilograms since the start of 2009, when an attempt to build herself up physically instead cut down her court speed. ''My goal was to be even better than I was, to be stronger and fitter. But it resulted in a negative way,'' she said.

''So I learnt that I cannot … play with so many muscles. I need to be explosive. I need to be fast on the court. That is how I play my best tennis. So [it was a] good learning experience. I know what I don't need to do. I can lift weights, but with light weights, not like I did in the off-season of 2008.''

A hot and humid opening night also brought mixed results for tournament heavyweights the Williams sisters, who were this morning scheduled to play each other for the 22nd time in a series Serena leads 11-10.

Venus served for Tuesday's match at 6-3, 6-5 in the second set against Elena Dementieva before losing in three, as the Russian ended a barren six-match streak against Williams dating back to 2004. Serena later saved two set points in the tiebreak while grinding out a 7-6 (8-6), 7-5 win over French Open champion Svetlana Kuznetsova to earn her first points in a tournament that will decide whether Serena or Safina finishes the year at No. 1.

Brena
Oct 28th, 2009, 02:24 PM
^So I guess all this talking about the break and the next season means even she herself doesn't think she'll be able to win a set, let alone a match, in Doha.
Oh God, now she'll have a loss to Woz-Woz (who lives on, as I can see :rolleyes:) :hysteric:

I hate you, Jelena, I hate you so much!

RFS
Oct 28th, 2009, 02:34 PM
I thought Scandinavians also had the highest suicide rate... and Zoj - isn't that the opera singing diva from their Eurovision entry?
And shouldn't I be working instead of "watching" Aza kick Woza'a ass on LiveScore... umm uh-huh!

kite1987runner
Oct 28th, 2009, 02:48 PM
JJ please win the next 2 matches

Brena
Oct 28th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Has Brena changed her passport ? :confused:

Nooo, Brena's always been Yugoslav and will always be, but I have.

Did you know in a recent "happiest people on earth" survey, Scandinavian countries took up all four top positions. The Danes were number one - perfectly embodied by Ms Sunshine's happy, smiley disposition.

:sobbing:
In that case I shouldn't bother to infiltrate their ranks - they'll identify me as an intruder immediately by my Irina-disposition.

I thought Scandinavians also had the highest suicide rate...

I think Iceland does, not sure about the others. But I think Iceland is such a cool (hmm..no double-meaning intended) place.So far away from everything, especially tennis. :hearts:

and Zoj - isn't that the opera singing diva from their Eurovision entry?

Yes! I started listening to some Swedish language course on my mp3 player out of boredom, and when I was changing the avatar the first Swedish person who came to mind was her. :lol:

And shouldn't I be working instead of "watching" Aza kick Woza'a ass on LiveScore... umm uh-huh!

Roz... you're seriously overworked - that's a choice of a completely desperate person. Come here :hug::hug:

~Kiera~
Nov 2nd, 2009, 03:05 PM
http://www.mltennis.com/blog/

A season she started as #1, Jelena Jankovic will finish as #8. Huge drop, but she is confident that she will be back.

“That will be my goal, you know, to get up there, to the top again. I have the ability to do that. I just have to work on my game. I have to focus on my tennis. I was struggling. A lot of things have happened. It was not an easy year for me overall. I still managed to stay strong and to come here and to make it to the semis”, she spoke after defeat against Venus Williams in WTA Championships in Doha.

Even though she lost second year in row against the same player at the same spot, she is not unhappy.

“It's still a good result. Many players, they have all of these things, and they cannot even win a match. So I'm still positive. I'm excited about, you know, my off-season, having some vacation, and then starting to train. I will work very, very hard because I will be motivated to be better in 2010 and come back to the top again.

For Jelena everything started bad at the very beginning of this year. She came to exhibition in Hong Kong, got sick, went to Australian Open not ready enough and lost her #1. She hopes that next arrival in Australia will be much better.

“I think when you have game, when you're ready, when you're healthy, then you believe in yourself and you can do anything out there. But this year I got really sick in the exhibition in Hong Kong, together with my mom. My mom couldn't recover for two weeks. Especially coming into the heat, you know, in Melbourne, of course, doesn't help. Hopefully I will be healthy and I will be in good form. That will be my goal.”

Melbourne major has important significance for Jankovic.

“I would like to do well in the Australian Open. I won the Australian Open juniors, you know, many, many years ago. I would like to win it one day in the professional, in the senior tour.”

дalex
Nov 2nd, 2009, 03:34 PM
Thanks Sarah.

“I would like to do well in the Australian Open. I won the Australian Open juniors, you know, many, many years ago. I would like to win it one day in the professional, in the senior tour.”

Hope wishful thinking will come true. :awww:

LoLex
Nov 2nd, 2009, 03:48 PM
Ohh Irina.. I still love youuu. : )

Brena
Nov 2nd, 2009, 05:08 PM
Many players, they have all of these things, and they cannot even win a match.

Is this supposed to mean: ''Sexlana Kuznetsova, who bashed me so last year, has two of those damned GSs and still barely managed to win one match at the YEC, and it was against crazy Demented so it doesn't count''

?

дalex
Nov 2nd, 2009, 05:14 PM
Is this supposed to mean: ''Sexlana Kuznetsova, who bashed me so last year, has two of those damned GSs and still barely managed to win one match at the YEC, and it was against crazy Demented so it doesn't count''

?

Well duh... Of course that's what it means.

It's the logical continuation of another Jelena's quote "Someone can be lucky and win a Slam or two, but not everyone can become #1."

Brena
Nov 2nd, 2009, 05:20 PM
Well duh... Of course that's what it means.

It's the logical continuation of another Jelena's quote "Someone can be lucky and win a Slam or two, but not everyone can become #1."

And your GS titles can get stolen while no one can take away from you your long-lost #1 spot.
Oh, Irina, will you already go away?

~Kiera~
Nov 2nd, 2009, 06:22 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4616675&name=bodo_peter

Serena right where she belongs

Someone reviewing the major stories of the WTA season could be forgiven for looking back on the brouhaha attending Dinara Safina's tenure as the No. 1 player, scratching his head and asking: What was that all about?

The smoke has cleared on the battlefield, and Serena Williams is the last woman standing. She's right where she said she belongs, and where most pundits feel she deserved to be -- on top. Serena pounded the bejesus out of all comers at the Australian Open in January and then finished as the year-end No. 1 again.

But the top story in the WTA in 2009 isn't so much that Serena reclaimed her No. 1 position by year's end; it's that nobody was able to topple her along the way. For there hasn't been a less dominant, dominant player in a long time. Every week in '09, it seemed, those who doubted Serena's commitment, fitness or game had a legitimate case to make. Many weeks, Serena proved them right. But she remained in the hunt all along, knowing that one thing -- and one thing only -- matters when it comes to rankings: who finishes No. 1 at the end of the year.

So let's take a quick look at how the contenders and pretenders managed to allow the top ranking to slip through their sweaty little fingers:

Dinara Safina: She consistently came up short when she had the opportunity to consolidate her hold on the top spot or to make an authoritative statement validating the ranking. You can criticize her for reaching the top position without having won a Grand Slam title, but that happens in tennis.

The critical and disappointing failure was the way she found creative ways to bail out when she was in a position to prove her mettle. In tennis, for all but the very top players, it's all about windows of opportunity. But when the window opened for Safina, she walked over and closed the shutters. I wouldn't want to be her, embarking on 2010 with Kim Clijsters back in the hunt and Justine Henin also poised to return to the tour.

Jelena Jankovic: Maybe she did overtrain at the end of last year, explaining her horrific start to 2009. But that rationalization, accurate though it may be, has a short shelf life. It certainly doesn't explain her patchy, ragged, up-and-down year.

Jankovic is coy, a bit of a game-player. You can shuffle and slip and slide and sneak your way to a big title or two -- or even to the No. 1 ranking. But you can't become a dominant force in the game that way. She needs maturity, and she needs to simplify things and focus on the task at hand, week in, week out.

Svetlana Kuznetsova: Want to be No. 1, Sveta? "No, but thanks for asking!"

Elena Dementieva: It's funny how someone who seems like a no-nonsense player with great athletic gifts can find so many ways to avoid bagging a Grand Slam title or piecing together a run that takes her to the No. 1 ranking and keeps her there for good. My guess: She sabotages herself at some obscure emotional level.

Venus Williams: The demand of greatness is tough enough to begin with; it's that much more crushing a burden when your heart isn't exactly or entirely into it. (Just ask Andre Agassi.) Venus has become an error-prone and somewhat sloppy player, which tells you that she's mentally played out. And her problems were further exacerbated by the fact that her kid sister, Serena, simply appeared to want the top ranking more.

Vera Zvonareva: She's got an A-game but a C-spirit.

Victoria Azarenka: She started strong but faded, consistently falling victim to her emotions. But unlike the self-pitying and easily broken down Zvonareva, Azarenka is a fighter who may learn to channel her anger and frustration in a positive manner. I'd watch out for her next year.

Maria Sharapova: She gets a pass due to injury.

Ana Ivanovic: Please call home.

Caroline Wozniacki: Her game may not blow you away, with its moon-balling, retrieving defensive cast. But she's got a great attitude and took enormous strides in accepting her success with an impressive degree of composure and maturity. She shows signs of becoming a crafty, reliable and solid player who has what most of her peers lack -- the ability to find a way to win.

Wozniacki will have her work cut out for her in 2010, what with Serena, Kim and Justine in the picture. But "solid and reliable" can go a long way, if not all the way to the top, these days in the WTA.

-Valérie-
Nov 2nd, 2009, 07:43 PM
And i think she knows it. I am sure we'll have an improved JJ in 2010.

MaBaker
Nov 2nd, 2009, 07:46 PM
Ana Ivanovic: Please call home.
lol

дalex
Nov 5th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/wtatour/6446403/Top-10-grunts-in-womens-tennis.html) says Jelena is one of the "sport's worst offenders" when it comes to grunting. And they have a video to prove it.

:hysteric:

MaBaker
Nov 5th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Nonsense. She can barely breathe.

Brena
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/wtatour/6446403/Top-10-grunts-in-womens-tennis.html) says Jelena is one of the "sport's worst offenders" when it comes to grunting. And they have a video to prove it.

:rolls:
Oh, well, as much as I hate her, grunting is one thing I could never accuse her of.

-Valérie-
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:17 PM

:rolleyes: that doesn't make any sens.

Daruma.
Nov 5th, 2009, 06:47 PM
JJ grunts but she grunts too quietly that microphones can't pick up...

Grunting in a position - where you have to save much points and being pushed to the limit - is very NORMAL!

LoLex
Nov 5th, 2009, 07:57 PM
This is really ridiculous to put Jelena there. :o

JadeFox
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Ugh, this grunting debate again? Don't people have better things to write about? :rolleyes:

Mikey.
Nov 6th, 2009, 05:15 AM

:crying2: You can hardly hear Jelena over Elena's "more gentle "Oy!"" grunt! :sobbing:

RFS
Nov 6th, 2009, 12:05 PM
^ :haha:

Nina.
Nov 6th, 2009, 01:29 PM

From the things that annoy me about JJ her grunting always comes first :help:
So the person who made the list probably haven't seen her play very often.

дalex
Nov 6th, 2009, 03:30 PM
New blog entry...
http://www.jj-jelenajankovic.com/eng/blog.php

My dear fans,

A season 2009. has ended! It was quite a difficult and tumultous tennis year. Lots of things happened, which influenced me, my personality, the mood on the court, and my game. Beside all these circumstances I managed to stay strong and to finish the year in the top eight players of the world. Of course, the season wasn't successful like the previous one, which I ended as the number one, but, when you take a better look, this is also a great success, and it shouldn't be underestimated. I learned a lot in this year, and everything that happened to me was a great experience to me, also a great school, because I started to appreciate all the things I have, much more than before, and not to take tennis so seriously, since it is just a game. My family is the most important to me, and they are my greatest happiness and joy. It is important that we are all healthy. For the rest we will take care as it goes.
The time for a vacation finally came. It is better to say that this is more a short relax, because, just like in any other business these days, professional obligations can't wait. It means that enjoyment in the fruits of hard labour lasts very short, only for twenty days.

It is nice to be home, again, in Belgrade, especially during the winter when snow falls. I like it because most of the time of year I'm in warmer parts of the world, and I don't have much possibilities to enjoy winter magic. In the morning, when I wake up it is unusual not to have a schedule I must fullfil, which is my routine during the season. Now I am free to do what I want during a day, but I am still not aware of that. So, when I open my eyes in the morning I start to think how I should have to go to practice.
I haven't written to you for a while, so maybe we should say something more about the season 2009. In the year when the things haven't gone as I wanted and planned, I managed to capture two titles - in Marbella and Cincinnati, and also to play the finals in Tokyo. Beside all these individual results, I would like to mention a success in the FED Cup, where I gave my maximum, and together with other players from our national team I achieved historic success by qualifying among the best eight teams of the world. I know how many times I played injured for my country, and how much it hurt, but I was always there for Serbia, because it is a great honour and obligation for me. We are now in a position to fight for the champions title in 2010.

In september, during the Asian tour, I got an arm injury which worried me a lot. I didn't know how the situation would develop, and the rest of the season became uncertain for me. But, I managed somehow to heal this injury and without much practice play the tournament in Moscow, hold on the pressure, and qualify for the third time to the ending Masters tournament which was held in Doha. It wasn't easy to acclimatize, since I came from cold Moscow to the high air temperature in Doha. But, as time went by I was feeling much better, and eventually succeeded in ending among the best four on such a prestigious tournament.
I'm writing you this blog today, and I was thinking a lot about my results and game during 2009, but from now on, until the end of November, there will be no thoughts on tennis. Instead, I am going to rest my mind and body, until the start of preparations for the next season.

It is my goal to return to the very top in the next year, and to win the greatest tournaments. I believe in myself and my capabilities, and I just wish that I stay healthy, because it is the most important thing. I will give my best, and I hope to have a better year in 2010.
Thanks a lot to everyone who were with me in good and bad times, thanks for the support and love you give me. It means a lot to me, and lifts me up when I'm in difficult moments. Stay cheerful and healthy!

Your JJ loves you!

Optima
Nov 6th, 2009, 04:31 PM
I don't care if ya'll hate her, I love her :hearts:

дalex
Nov 6th, 2009, 04:42 PM
I don't care if ya'll hate her, I love her :hearts:

Even her blogs are boring now... She's just repeating things she already said somewhere else. :hysteric:

It's hard, but I'm gonna try and be an optimist regarding Jelena's future. She'll win them all in 2010! Go Jecalina!

Optima
Nov 6th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Even her blogs are boring now... She's just repeating things she already said somewhere else. :hysteric:

It's hard, but I'm gonna try and be an optimist regarding Jelena's future. She'll win them all in 2010! Go Jecalina!

:rolls: I really don't know why I find her so irresistable, but I do :lol:

JadeFox
Nov 6th, 2009, 09:25 PM
You know what the scary part about that blog for me is? It's that I read that while hearing JJ's voice in my mind reading those words!

I think I'm a bit too familiar with our JJ! :help: :lol:

Snex
Nov 6th, 2009, 09:32 PM
You know what the scary part about that blog for me is? It's that I read that while hearing JJ's voice in my mind reading those words!

I think I'm a bit too familiar with our JJ! :help: :lol:

Of course it is familiar. Like Alex wrote, she already said all these things in her interviews. :shrug:

JadeFox
Nov 6th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Of course it is familiar. Like Alex wrote, she already said all these things in her interviews. :shrug:

Actually I wasn't really talking about what she wrote that's familiar. Just that I can hear her exact voice in my head saying those things. Just the fact that I'm so familiar with her accent and tone kinda scares me. :help:

Snex
Nov 6th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Actually I wasn't really talking about what she wrote that's familiar. Just that I can hear her exact voice in my head saying those things. Just the fact that I'm so familiar with her accent and tone kinda scares me. :help:

:lol: Well, her voice is... :tape: I thought her new home is in Dubai, but she said that she's finally home, in Belgrade. :rolleyes: Home, sweet home. ;)

I'm so scared of 2010. :scared:

JadeFox
Nov 6th, 2009, 09:50 PM
:lol: Well, her voice is... :tape: I thought her new home is in Dubai, but she said that she's finally home, in Belgrade. :rolleyes: Home, sweet home. ;)

I'm so scared of 2010. :scared:

Well the WTA isn't always the most accurate about the basic player info. I mean Maria Sharapova has apparently weighed 130 pounds now for the past five years! And I seriously don't think Dinara Safina's only 5'11 either! :lol:

MaBaker
Nov 7th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Stay cheerful and healthy!
You too.

Brena
Nov 7th, 2009, 01:09 AM

:lol: Ros does an awesome impersonation of JJ's voice!

Roookie
Nov 7th, 2009, 04:01 AM
JJ :rolleyes:. She was lucky everyone else was playing bad but i doubt she will get away with it (finishing top 8) next season if she doesn't pick her form up and most importantly stops choking.

omgezani
Nov 7th, 2009, 12:10 PM

I'm glad that she wrote.
Although she really said this, but this was a good read. :lol:
She closed the year with this...
I hope the next year will be better. :rolleyes:

Bobisa
Nov 11th, 2009, 06:05 PM
One Month Until Jefferson Awards
October 16, 2009
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/javaImages/55/74/0,,12781~7435349,00.jpg
Jelena Jankovic and Venus Williams

SAN FRANCISCO, CA, USA - Fans have just one more month to vote for Sony Ericsson WTA Tour stars Venus Williams, Ana Ivanovic or Jelena Jankovic for the 2009 Jefferson Award for Outstanding Public Service by an Athlete. The deadline to vote for the award, which is presented by All Stars Helping Kids, a national non-profit founded by National Football League Hall-of-Famer Ronnie Lott, is November 15.

Fans are able to vote for the winner on the All Stars Helping Kids website and by text messaging Venus STAR44 to 55333, Ana STAR22 to 55333, and Jelena STAR23 to 55333 on any phone that supports text messaging within the United States. On November 15 the 10 "Dream Team" finalists will be chosen.

From this group, five finalists will be chosen in each of two categories: Outstanding Athlete in Service and Outstanding Athlete as a Newcomer in Service. One athlete in each category will be awarded a national Jefferson Award for Public Service.

Williams, Ivanovic and Jankovic are three of 53 athletes who have a proven track record of community outreach. Williams has been an Ambassador of Gender Equality for the UNESCO-Tour Gender Equity Program since 2006, while Ivanovic and Jankovic have both been actively involved with UNICEF for several years, and both are UNICEF National Ambassadors to Serbia.

Williams, Ivanovic and Jankovic join an impressive list of nominees this year, including basketball star Steve Nash, retired women's soccer player Mia Hamm, and beach volleyball player Kerri Walsh. They hope to join an incredibly impressive list of past winners, including Oprah Winfrey, American Senator Ted Kennedy, and Bill and Melinda Gates.

"One thing these nominees have in common is a passion for looking beyond their sport," Lott said. "They're stretching themselves - driven to succeed in their community as well as in competition, I encourage people to read about these men and women and follow their examples."

In June 2010, the 10 "Dream Team" members will be invited to attend the Jefferson Awards National Ceremony in Washington, D.C. Additionally, the nominee with the most online and text votes will be the winner of the AT&T Fan Favorite Award.

All Stars Helping Kids was founded by Lott in 1989 with the goal of promoting a safe, healthy, rigorous learning environment for disadvantaged kids in low-income communities. All Stars achieves this mission by pooling the resources of athletes, corporations and individuals to support high-performing academic and physical enrichment programs.

The Jefferson Awards for Public Service is a prestigious national recognition system honoring community and public service in America. Established in 1972 by Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, American Senator Robert Taft, Jr. and Sam Beard to establish a Nobel Prize for public service, today, the Jefferson Awards' primary purpose is to serve as a "Call to Action for Volunteers" in local communities.

2009 Roadmap In Review

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/javaImages/6/82/0,,12781~7569926,00.jpg

ST. PETERSBURG, FL, USA - It was an historic year for the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour with the launch of the 2009 Roadmap, which was designed to give players a healthy calendar and to provide sponsors, fans and tournaments with a stronger product and greater credibility of commitment from the players.

The players stepped up and their cooperative partnership with the Tour and the tournaments made the first year of the Roadmap very successful. There were significant improvements with overall player commitment, especially from the Top 10 players. They met their commitments 90% of the time (up from 78% in 2008), providing greater credibility with the tournaments. Due to this commitment, for the first time ever, the Top 10 players all qualified to collect at minimum a portion of their Bonus Pool monies (see photo - Jelena Jankovic holding her 2009 $1,000,000 Bonus Pool cheque).

As part of the Roadmap, the players received a prize money increase of 35% (31% at Premier events and 49% at Internationals), with approximately 20 more players (Top 75) earning $225,000 or more in 2009 compared with 2008. Player withdrawals were down by 34%, thanks in part to the new PlayerZone entry procedures and staggered entry deadlines, which seem to have contributed.

In line with providing a premium product, overall acceptance cut-offs were tougher in 2009. To meet player obligations, it is important to maintain this quality of competition; however, in response to identified playing opportunities concerns, the Tour added two new International events in 2010, plus increased qualifying draw sizes in weeks where playing opportunities are at a premium. At a time of economic challenges when other sports and leagues are struggling to maintain their events, it is a testament to the strength and depth of women's tennis that the Tour was able to add new playing opportunities.

Thank you to the players for their contributions in making the 2009 Roadmap such a success. 2010 looks to be an even bigger and better year for women's tennis and the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour.

-NAJ-
Nov 14th, 2009, 06:06 AM
google translate

Coach Jankovic will open a tennis academy in Poland?
ASInfo / 13.11.2009 13:45
AFP
Ricardo Sanchez, who in Spain is considered one of the best tennis coaches, visited Poland. Maybe in our country to build a tennis academy, where he will train the best of the best. - I love this country, but I can not promise anything - he said in an interview with the Agency ASInfo.
Sanchez is associated with tennis since childhood and profession trainer working for about 20 years. Already advised, inter alia, Nicolas Massu and Nikołajowi Dawidience. From time to time consult with him, even Rafael Nadal.

Currently, the Spaniard is a trainer Serbki Jelena Jankovic, but it has had enough of life in a suitcase. Intends to build the academy meets the highest standards in order to stop the on-going trips. At stake is a few places: among other things, Spain, South America, but also Poland.
- Countries such as Spain or even the United States already have academies, and Poland is a good place for such investments. You need people who will show how the modern system of training. Still, however, no binding decisions are not made the - said Sanchez.

Robert Radwanski, father of Sarah, and Ursula, already thinking about opening the tennis club, but have not yet managed to find a suitable location in Krakow. - We could join forces with coach Sanchez. However, this melody the future - said Radwanski, who recently met with the resident in Poland, the Spanish coach.

- We talked as friends. Not talked business matters - explained Sanchez. A contract binding him with Jankovic expire at the end of next season, but a decision on the construction of the academy will advance.

- For now, I will focus on the fact that Jelena before Roland Garros back into first place in world ranking and won the WTA Tour any of the Slam tournaments - commented coach.
http://sport.onet.pl/74445,1248732,2077485,,trener_jankovic_otworzy_w_p olsce_akademie_tenisowa,wiadomosc.html

Brena
Nov 14th, 2009, 11:57 AM
So she's staying with Ricardo? I'm glad but maybe I shouldn't be. :scratch:

And Sarah, do you know that your Polish name would be Agnieszka? :lol:

Snex
Nov 14th, 2009, 01:07 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/javaImages/55/74/0,,12781~7435349,00.jpg

:inlove: :bowdown:

Nina.
Nov 14th, 2009, 03:23 PM

Maybe it's officially Dubai for tax reasons? Don't know about taxes in Dubai but a lot of players have their "home" in a tax friendly place.

~Kiera~
Nov 14th, 2009, 04:27 PM
And Sarah, do you know that your Polish name would be Agnieszka? :lol:

Now I do :lol:

Snex
Nov 14th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Maybe it's officially Dubai for tax reasons? Don't know about taxes in Dubai but a lot of players have their "home" in a tax friendly place.

Yes, like Kazahstan for instance. :lol:

Nina.
Nov 14th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Yes, like Kazahstan for instance. :lol:

that's probably a bit obvious :lol:

дalex
Nov 16th, 2009, 10:15 PM
http://www.novosti.rs/code/navigate.php?Id=13&status=jedna&vest=162865&title_add=Ljubav%20cveta%20u%20Kanu&kword_add=jelena%20jankovic

At the end they say that, before going on vacation with Mladjan, Jelena was busy promoting her yellow/red outfit that she will wear at the AO. I dunno where they got that. Annabel Croft probably read it here and called them. :lol:

Jelena will look hot in that hot mess of an outfit, though. :drool:

Snex
Nov 17th, 2009, 07:23 AM
http://www.novosti.rs/code/navigate.php?Id=13&status=jedna&vest=162865&title_add=Ljubav%20cveta%20u%20Kanu&kword_add=jelena%20jankovic

At the end they say that, before going on vacation with Mladjan, Jelena was busy promoting her yellow/red outfit that she will wear at the AO. I dunno where they got that. Annabel Croft probably read it here and called them. :lol:

:awww: I'm really worried for her. She has series of brain farts lately. :awww: If she wears that yellow and red :smash: :o

-Valérie-
Nov 17th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Who said she is going to wear THAT red/yellow mixed outfit at the AO? I doubt that she will wear a t-shirt when it is so hot in Melbourne. She will need sleveless shirt for sure... I could do with that... But doesn't she like better dresses? :shrug:

Roookie
Nov 17th, 2009, 03:55 PM
ANTA is punishing JJ for her bad results. :o. That outfit screams "beat me".

Roookie
Nov 18th, 2009, 04:15 AM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10610084

Jelena in talks to play Auckland as warm-up for the AO. Marion may play there too. :bolt:

Mikey.
Nov 18th, 2009, 04:20 AM
EWWWW!!! I want her in Sydney!!! :(:(:(

Mikey.
Nov 18th, 2009, 04:21 AM

:bigcry:

-NAJ-
Nov 18th, 2009, 11:14 AM
EWWWW!!! I want her in Sydney!!! :(:(:(

It's not the same week so maybe she will play Sydney.:)

ms_nut
Nov 18th, 2009, 04:15 PM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10610084

Jelena in talks to play Auckland as warm-up for the AO. Marion may play there too. :bolt:

:D I hope she does play there.. Auckland always has a good crowd and last year we were able to see all the matches live streaming from CC.

Brena
Nov 18th, 2009, 05:10 PM
I'm just glad it's not Hong Kong. I'm superstitious. :angel:
And I'd like her to start playing lots of tournaments again, though I don't understand a first thing about these new (well, they aren't new any more but I still don't understand them any better) rules so I'm not sure if it's feasible.

Roookie
Nov 19th, 2009, 03:09 AM
I'm just glad it's not Hong Kong. I'm superstitious. :angel:
And I'd like her to start playing lots of tournaments again, though I don't understand a first thing about these new (well, they aren't new any more but I still don't understand them any better) rules so I'm not sure if it's feasible.

I would prefer JJ to save her MM tournament for Marbella (in case things don't go as planned again :tape:). It would be great if she can enter Sydney instead, but I don't know how many top 10 players can play there. As of now Serena, Caro and Wicka have commited.

downunderfan
Nov 20th, 2009, 01:52 AM
:D I hope she does play there.. Auckland always has a good crowd and last year we were able to see all the matches live streaming from CC.

I hope, too, and many of us here. If she comes, I can assure you there will be packed Yock stand with all of us wearing red. It's normally very nice and warm in Auckland, it's holidays, people are relaxed and chatty... Jelena has a good fan base in NZ. Plus, my daughter should be a ball girl at the tournament.

~Kiera~
Nov 20th, 2009, 05:24 PM
http://www.mtsmondo.com/entertainment/gossip/text.php?vest=153163

Film about Jelena Jankovic at the festival in Italy

The film "Jelena's World" about the life of the best Serbian tennis player Jelena Jankovic will take part in the official program of the International Sports Film Festival in Palermo, Italy.

In addition to the documentary about JJ, who was officially promoted in Belgrade before exactly a year ago, the festival will show films and Italy (five), two from the U.S., Russia and Spain, as well as a realization from Bulgaria, Slovenia, Iran, Canada, Belarus, Austria, Germany and England.

The film "Jelena's World" was made Brzaković Tanya, whose cameras followed Serbian tennis player in tournaments in Madrid and Berlin last year and this year, and some parts were filmed in Seville and Belgrade.

From Spain comes the film "Why Do Jamaicans Run So Fast?", Belarus to the festival in Italy, sent the film "The Fate of the Goalkeeper" and the Bulgarians, for example, involved with the movie "Football Chameleons".

The entire program of the festival, which starts 7th and ends on 14 December, you can view the official website (http://www.sportfilmfestival-palermo.com/NEW%20HOME.htm).

дalex
Nov 20th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Jelena revealed her new Mona collection tonigt..."JJ Star Collection"... Hopefully there'll be more pics, the last show was epic. :hysteric:

http://www.mtsmondo.com/lifestyle/vesti/text.php?vest=153329

http://www.mtsmondo.com/slike/vesti/001/533/v153329p0.jpg

:hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric:

omgezani
Nov 20th, 2009, 09:47 PM

WTF? :help:

дalex
Nov 20th, 2009, 09:50 PM
We need a bigger pic of that trannylicious outfit. :lol:

Brena
Nov 21st, 2009, 12:42 PM

I see she's determined to dominate WTA again. :whip:

Snex
Nov 21st, 2009, 01:23 PM
Jelena revealed her new Mona collection tonigt..."JJ Star Collection"... Hopefully there'll be more pics, the last show was epic. :hysteric:

http://www.mtsmondo.com/lifestyle/vesti/text.php?vest=153329

:hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric:

Why you're hysterizing, Alex? I think she looks so cute. :inlove: Well, that "hole for breasts", like NAJ said once :lol:, doesn't spoil too much her look. I don't care what people wear anyways even though I don't like that dress as well. But, that's just a matter of taste, and that's JJ's taste :rolleyes:. :shrug: She's cute and that's what matters. :kiss:

'Ajde JJ, good luck in 2010! We want that damn slam title! :(

дalex
Nov 21st, 2009, 03:21 PM
It's a bad photo and the outfit doesn't fit her strong figure. It's trannylicious, that's what the :hysteric: is for. She should look hot and she could have if she chose another dress from the same collection. There are some JJ style hot outfits there. This ain't one of them.

Anyway, y'all... Jelena said she will be going to Florida to start her preparations in couple of days. Bollettieri, here we come. :drive:

LoLex
Nov 21st, 2009, 08:26 PM
Anyway, y'all... Jelena said she will be going to Florida to start her preparations in couple of days. Bollettieri, here we come. :drive:

No. :sobbing: Bollettieri. Not again. That old prick. :o

MaBaker
Nov 21st, 2009, 09:43 PM
I see she's determined to dominate WTA again. :whip:
lol. I read today that she wants to become no.1 again in 2010...

Snex
Nov 23rd, 2009, 08:57 AM
JJ in Blic: http://www.blic.rs/zabava.php?id=121912. "Translation" :shrug: via Google :o.

*Anja*
Nov 23rd, 2009, 09:30 AM
JJ in Blic: http://www.blic.rs/zabava.php?id=121912. "Translation" :shrug: via Google :o.

http://www.blic.rs/culture.php?id=5535

^same interview, only on English ;)

Snex
Nov 23rd, 2009, 09:33 AM
http://www.blic.rs/culture.php?id=5535

^same interview, only on English ;)

Great! :yeah: I have madness at work so I couldn't surf any more. :help:

дalex
Nov 23rd, 2009, 09:35 AM
^ Jeja wants her collection to appear in Vogue one day! :spit: I love her delusions. :inlove:

I saw this in Ana's forum. Isa :bowdown:...
http://www.waterpoloweb.com/?pagina=nl_prima.php&tipo=intervista&id=12354&anno=2010

Google translation from Italian:
Jankovic & Janovic
aces
Jelena: 'I will return to the nr. 1. The distance? We are professionals. "Mladjan:" I want the European championship. "

Savona. The new couple glamorous world sport lives between the beaches and the skyscrapers of Miami, brief return home to Belgrade and Kotor, one of the most picturesque corners of the Adriatic, and the soft rhythms of Albisola. At a bond uniting them born in Beijing, another stage of life edi sport Olimpiade2008. To divide only a "k": she's Jelena Jankovic, 24, of Serbia, No. 6 world ranking tennis pro, he's Mladjan Janovic, 25, of Montenegro, European champion with his country's national water polo and strength of Savona. She has learned to play in the tennis club Crvena Zvezda, Red Star, famous for its football teams and basketball, but at twelve he moved to Florida entering the academy of Nick Bollettieri tennis, under whose guidance, even in 16 years, won the Australian Open juniors. He grew up in Primorac, one of the most prestigious clubs in his homeland, then moved to Marseille and from this year, at Savona. She is the daughter of a pair of economists, Veselin and Snezana, and is an international celebrity, famous in Serbia, where he contends with fame and visibility with another tennis player, Ana Ivanovic, currently number 11 in the world, and where Unicef ambassador, as well as testimonials of many campaigns. He (like his brother Nikola) is one of the glories of a country where water polo is a kind of national sport. Jelena Jankovic has just been granted twelve days of holiday in Liguria. Jelena Mladjan we are told in parallel.

How much time devoted to training in these 15 days?
Jelena: 'I have not even touched the racket. I needed to pull of a real holiday. "
Mladjan: "The usual. Daily, sometimes twice. We are in full season, last Saturday we faced the Brescia, one of the strongest opponents. I have not touched the water of the pool only last Sunday, our day of rest. "

As you are here?
Jelena: 'Perm was the first time. I was fine. I found people very kind, nice, exceptional. I will return as soon as possible. "
Mladjan "A Savona'm fine. A good team, a good group and serious workouts. And then, I of Italy, like everything. I speak of water polo: nothing for granted, every game is challenging. "

Where were you these days?
Jelena: 'I do not know anything. I liked Albisola, where he lives and trains Mladjan, Savona. We were in Genoa: very beautiful. And then, we were in Monte Carlo and Cannes.
Mladjan: "We want to be safe. Some dinner out, a few laps, a little 'shopping. We have not had time to go to Milan: I had to train. We'll go next time. And then I want to go to Portofino. They told me that you should not miss it, and then is famous throughout the world. "

How do you live from boyfriends to thousands of miles away?
Jelena: 'We are professionals. It's our life we have chosen to live sports. The remoteness is part of our job, we know, but it is not a problem. "
Mladjan: "We feel a lot, every day, we are a lot of time on the phone together."

Are you jealous?
Mladjan: "No, there is love between us. That's all. And then, just have a little 'of free days, we'll see. "

Next time?
Mladjan: "A few days at Christmas. Jelena hours back to train in Florida in January will have to prepare the Australian Open. But before we spend a week together, I think in Belgrade. "

Your sporting goals?
Jelena: 'Return to the top three in the world, possibly the number one (it was in 2008, ndr). The annual list does not satisfy me completely, I think I have the margins to improve my tennis and my position in the field worldwide. "
Mladjan "He has the means and the will to succeed. For me, with the Savona in the league will try to get as high as possible. But for the Scudetto I think the Pro Recco is unbeatable. Immediately behind, we will play with strong teams such as Brescia, Posillipo and Florentia. Len InCoppa are among the five or six teams that point to the final. And certainly we reconfirmed with the national champions of Europe next summer in Zagreb. Ninth place in the World Cup I did not like their own.

Jelena has attended Economics at the Megatrend University in Belgrade. What will you grow up?
Jelena: 'I do not know, I think about tennis. "
Mladjan: "He's right. And, when you play at levels so high, it is difficult to completely exit a room, even when you stop playing. I, however, for now I only see the ball from water polo. And Jelena.

-NAJ-
Nov 23rd, 2009, 09:43 AM
Next time?
Mladjan: "A few days at Christmas. Jelena hours back to train in Florida in January will have to prepare the Australian Open. But before we spend a week together, I think in Belgrade. "

:scratch:does that mean that she won't play tournaments before AO?!
:sobbing:

gaviotabr
Nov 23rd, 2009, 08:57 PM
I saw this in Ana's forum. Isa :bowdown:...

;):p:cool:

дalex
Nov 24th, 2009, 05:26 PM
http://www.gloria.rs/338/naslovna/

Exclusive - Jelena Jankovic
Year of great love

The best Serbian tennis player, and eight players on the WTA list, marking the twelve months after the emotional connection to a romantic dinner in New York last Sunday is a rest with your boyfriend, water polo Mladjan Janovic, Italy and the accumulated effect for the upcoming tennis season.

After a tiring season in which faced with numerous challenges, injury, loss of grandmother and serious heart problems of her biggest support, mother, Snezana, the best Serbian tennis player Jelena Jankovic gave herself loose. In recent weeks, is rested in company of her boyfriend Mladjan Janovic. First, she accompanied him in the picturesque town of Genoa bay, Savona, where Mladjan plays for the club of the same name, and then use every free moment to travel to the nearby Cannes or Nice. Rest is extremely enjoyed by the eight player from the WTA list. She accumulated energy and with much optimism now expects new sporting challenges.
- The new tennis season expected to be more successful than the last, and that it would achieve, it is necessary to be healthy, more precisely, to me which I bypass injury in the last twelve months had much. This year was extremely difficult, but I have, despite everything, managed to remain among the top ten players in the world, play a great tournament win Marbella and Cincinnati. The entire situation has strengthened me as an athlete and a person.
What you have set themselves as the main goal in 2010?
- To return to the top of world tennis and consequently to win big competitions. Worthy will be prepared and I hope to in 2010. to win his first Grand Slam. First, I will focus on the Australian Open, where I 2001th The junior won the Grand Slam.
The current year was very difficult for you. Besides injuries, there were private problems, primarily grandma's death and mother's disease. To what extent are you, and circumstances prevented to show how much you can actually worth?
- It is certain that all these circumstances have affected me and my game. I wasn't Jelena that was fighting on the court and ran after every ball, my thoughts wandered, thus the concentration was poor, sometimes minimal, causing the resulting fall. So it was in much of the season, but I have, despite everything, gathered forces and found a recipe for a good play on several important competitions, it has enabled me to finish the season in eighth place WTA list. Third year in a row I was a participant Masters, the final tournament of the season and second time I finished this prestigious competition among the four best placement, which is a great success.
What was the hardest moment in 2009?
- I am very difficult to talk about it, but the hardest moment of this year was the sudden death of my grandmother. She was one of the most important

... Continuation text is available in the printed edition.

kite1987runner
Nov 28th, 2009, 06:43 AM
where will she start in 2010?

-NAJ-
Nov 29th, 2009, 04:08 PM
http://sify.com/news/paper-football-fetches-over-200-000-news-offbeat-jlymkyjbbca.html
Paper Football fetches over $200.000
2009-11-24

A street football from the slums of Nairobi, Kenya, made from paper, wrapped in plastic bags and tied with string – and signed by UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon – was the top scorer at a United Nations-backed gala auction in Dubai last night that raised nearly $1 million for Palestinian youth.
The football, also signed by International Olympic Committee (IOC) President Jacques Rogge fetched $205,000.

Other items included a signed football and match T-shirt from the English Chelsea Football Club, a Dubai World Cup VIP package (including tickets, travel and accommodation), a tennis ball and official programme signed by top female tennis players including the Williams sisters, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Jelena Jankovic, and a signed match T-shirt and photograph of tennis champion Roger Federer.

The gala dinner was hosted by Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, a UN Messenger of Peace who is the wife of the Vice-President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, and Mr. Ban’s Special Adviser on Sport for Development and Peace, Wilfried Lemke. Ban joined in with a recorded video message.

For many years the UN has acknowledged the importance of sport in advancing social and humanitarian goals, with its agencies enlisting star athletes and major sporting events in campaigns to promote immunization against childhood diseases and other public health measures, to support the fight against racism and apartheid, and for human rights.

“Our passion for sport in this region provides us with an opportunity to change lives and develop young people,” Princess Haya said. “None of us have the capacity to individually solve the problems of the world, but collectively, we can help find solutions and provide hope to the children and youth of Palestine.”

Lemke referred to his visit to the occupied Palestinian territory earlier this year. “What I saw there changed my life,” he said. “Sometimes it is only when we see things first hand that we can understand just a little of what these people, these children, went through and continue to go through, every day. We have an obligation to help these children. We have an obligation to provide them opportunities to improve their lives.”

Bobisa
Nov 30th, 2009, 12:45 AM
where will she start in 2010?
she will start in Sidney :bounce: :)

Snex
Nov 30th, 2009, 11:56 AM
she will start in Sidney :bounce: :)

JJ is not in the list of players who confirmed their participation. :unsure:

http://www.medibankinternational.com.au/players

дalex
Nov 30th, 2009, 12:48 PM
http://zena.blic.rs/PULS_poznatih/1706/Jelena_Jankovic_Uzivam_u_ljubavi_ali_veridbe_nece_ biti

Jelena Jankovic: I enjoy the love, but there will be no engagement.

While the media repeatedly wrote about engagement with waterpolo player Mladjan Janovic, with whom she is in love relationship for more than a year, in an exclusive interview for "Woman" portal, Jelena says that she is happy and satisfied with the status of a girl in love, but that she's not ready to get married. After the fashion show in Belgrade with her collection named "JJ Star Collection", she rushed to Florida and have already started to train diligently for the new tennis season.

Jelena Jankovic with a lot of optimism begins preparations for the tournaments at the start of 2010 and announces the return to the top of women's tennis. Behind her, she says, she leaves a very difficult and turbulent year.
- Both on the professional and the personal level some bad things happened to me, which prevented me to show a good tennis on the court. However, I managed to finish the year in eighth place of the WTA list, which is a great success and should not be underestimated - without a twinge of regret talks the last year's best tennis player the world. - More important than the titles to me is that I passed a huge school of life, learned to appreciate much more what I have, and that I shouldn't take tennis so seriously. It is only a game.
The tireless gazelle on the court believes that she can return to the tennis throne, and has already taken certain measures to achieve top form. Although there is no problem with superfluous kilograms, gave up the coca-cola and sweets, which previously could not resist. Decided to put an end to the former way of eating and get rid of ten pounds of muscle mass.
- Kilograms had me slow down and set back my game, so I decided to take care of nutrition and health. Now I am back to being the old Jelena - supple, movable and explosive - says the charming player with recognizable smile, who has recently entered in the Guinness Book of Records. Giant mosaic with Jelena's smiling face, consists of 137,000 photographs of different smiles, broke the former record set in the UK.
- A smile is a symbol of positive energy, charisma, humanity, kindness, and I believe that mine is a combination of it all. The smile I'm known for in the world and, ultimately, it is my "weapon" with which I'm able to disarm everyone - confident is Jay Jay, who with that smile charmed her current boyfriend Mladjan Janovic, Montenegrin water polo player, who plays for Italian club Savona.

The charismatic girl from Belgrade and tall Montenegrin, who met at the Olympic Games in Beijing last year, admitted that they fell love at first sight.
- Mladjan is a remarkable young man, and above all a good person. He is very thoughtful, understanding and most importantly is that I have his support in everything I do - Jelena describe her man.
Their free time that is always lacking in the life of professional athletes, love couple usually spends on a romantic vacation, when they give their all to one another. Before Jelena went to Florida to prepare for next season, they visited Monte Carlo and Cannes, and national and international journals published the photographs on which they are holding hands while walking in Côte d'Azur.
Jelena and Mladjan try that frequent physical separation and distance does not brake the romance, in which they are each other's support, motivation and inspiration.
- Every day we are in contact, mainly on the phone. The secret of our success is in the fact that we understand each other, we are not burdened with jealousy and we offer selfless love to each other - is convinced twenty-five year old athlete. Local media raced at the beginning of the year in publishing news about Jelena and Mladjan's engagement, which was denied by the player claiming that still does not plan to formalize their relationship.
- I do not think about engagement and marriage because we're fine with the way things are now - we enjoy our love! Both of us are focused on career and want to prove ourselves more in our professions - says Jelena.

Glamor, chic and elegance with signature JJ

Jelena recently in collaboration with fashion house "Mona" launched third collection, which he called "JJ Star Collection. Elegant dresses follow the line of the body and emphasize femininity, tunic with sequin and leather jackets with "svarovski" crystals, a white sport's star has created for ladies who are brave and ready for any challenge, just like she is. A new fashion line, as Jelena explained, is inspired by the joyful eighties, and designed to extort sighs and show sophistication and glamour.
- I wanted creations to wake up femininity and give strength to women through an unusual combination of shic, glamor, elegance and originality and confidently walk everywhere and leave traces behind - said the popular Jay Jay, to who fashion is a hobby and a pleasure.

Snex
Nov 30th, 2009, 01:02 PM
I do not think about engagement and marriage because we're fine with the way things are now

This is promising :D

The tireless gazelle on the court

Jay Jay :rolls:

Mladjan is a remarkable young man, and above all a good person. He is very thoughtful, understanding and most importantly is that I have his support in everything I do :scared: :o

Bobisa
Nov 30th, 2009, 02:16 PM
JJ is not in the list of players who confirmed their participation. :unsure:

http://www.medibankinternational.com.au/players
JJ still has not publicly confirmed participation in the tournament in Sydney but I have information from a person who is in contact with JJ every day...I asked that person to ask Jelena where she will first play and I got that information ;)

дalex
Nov 30th, 2009, 02:27 PM
(about Mladjan)- Every day we are in contact, mainly on the phone.

JJ still has not publicly confirmed participation in the tournament in Sydney but I have information from a person who is in contact with JJ every day...I asked that person to ask Jelena where she will first play and I got that information ;)

You know Mladjan!? :lol:

I'm glad that she will play in Sydney. ;)

Bobisa
Nov 30th, 2009, 02:52 PM
You know Mladjan!? :lol:

that person isn't Mladjo... ;)

дalex
Nov 30th, 2009, 02:53 PM
JJ will be Aleksandra Krunic's WTA mentor. This is strange. Didn't Aleksandra say she liked Ana Ivanovic better when they played Fed Cup?

http://www.mtsmondo.com/sport/vesti/text.php?vest=154222

Google translation. (http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mtsmondo.com%2Fsport%2Fvesti%2F text.php%3Fvest%3D154222&sl=sr&tl=en)

Bobisa
Nov 30th, 2009, 02:56 PM
JJ will be Aleksandra Krunic's WTA mentor. :eek: :confused:

Snex
Nov 30th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Ana is currently busy with discovering male atheletes' off court abilities. :rolleyes: If we can consider golf a sport. :shrug:

Illusionist
Nov 30th, 2009, 03:57 PM
That's great anyway. Alex is pretty nice kid. She said Ana more suits her with her personality since both of them are shy girls, but I'm sure she's happy to have JJ as a mentor. I've heard they all had great fun last year in Belgrade in a tie against Japan. Staring: JJ as main role :) She entertained everyone :cool:

MaBaker
Nov 30th, 2009, 05:45 PM
JJ will be Aleksandra Krunic's WTA mentor.
Oh hell.

Brena
Nov 30th, 2009, 06:11 PM
oh heavens!

Alex010107
Nov 30th, 2009, 06:30 PM
I never said I like Ana more then Jelena.Don't believe press always :).And I like them both absolutely the same.Alex

дalex
Nov 30th, 2009, 07:00 PM
:speakles: *faints*

Even though we love Jeca, we know she shouldn't be giving advice to anyone. She should seek some help herself. Preferably professional... :lol:

God I hope Jelena isn't reading the forum. Jeca if you're out there, ♥.

-NAJ-
Nov 30th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Nice news about JJ and Aleksandra. :wavey: Good luck!

Is Jelena on Floria or what? no photos:sad:

-NAJ-
Nov 30th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Jeca if you're out there, ♥.

♥ * 100:lol:

Bobisa
Nov 30th, 2009, 08:29 PM
God I hope Jelena isn't reading the forum. Jeca if you're out there, ♥. sometimes she comes to this forum ;)

-NAJ-
Nov 30th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Nick Bollettieri twitter

Check out facebook fan pages of Sabine Lisicki, Jelena Jankovic, and Kei Nishikori for updates on those players! Updated with new info daily
about 3 hours ago from web

what facebook page? :confused:

дalex
Nov 30th, 2009, 09:02 PM
sometimes she comes to this forum ;)

I hope she knows we love her even when we make fun of her. It's her fault anyway - she's driving us crazy.

Bobisa
Nov 30th, 2009, 09:03 PM
what facebook page? :confused:

http://www.facebook.com/JelenaJankovicTennis

schorsch
Nov 30th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Oh wow she's already there :speakles: and Sharapova has been seen there as well :lol:

Now we need "stalker lady" to go there again :lol:

Snex
Nov 30th, 2009, 09:21 PM
I never said I like Ana more then Jelena.Don't believe press always :).And I like them both absolutely the same.Alex

:eek: :speakles: OMFG!!!!!! :tape: Don't tell her what we write here. :o That's all her fault, like дalex said. :shrug: The worse bitching, the bigger fan. :shrug:

If you're really Alex, I'm glad that you joined us on my birthday. :wavey:

Snex
Nov 30th, 2009, 09:32 PM
I watched that short video and I'm glad that she's practicing again. :D I hope she'll soon be good old JJ that we used to know. :awww:

Bobisa
Nov 30th, 2009, 09:50 PM
:eek: :speakles: OMFG!!!!!! :tape: Don't tell her what we write here. :o That's all her fault, like дalex said. :shrug: The worse bitching, the bigger fan. :shrug:

:lol: I think JJ loves her crazy fans and I think that is boring when fans write just nice and good things about her :D
I'm glad that JJ started with training :bounce:

happy B-day Snex...I wish all the best! :wavey: :)

Optima
Nov 30th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Jelena, if you're reading this.. :rolls:

♥ I love you!

Snex
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:01 PM
:lol: I think JJ loves her crazy fans and I think that is boring when fans write just nice and good things about her :D
I'm glad that JJ started with training :bounce:

happy B-day Snex...I wish all the best! :wavey: :)

Thanx, Bob! Snex 33 :rocker2: :tape: Now I came to the "eternal ladies' age". Whoever ask you how old are you, you say 33 in the next 20 years. :rolls: On Saturday I'll organise party in Skadarlija for 5 ladies. We'll be :weirdo: :lol:

дalex
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Happy Bday, Snex. :aparty:

Question - how many times have you turned 33 already? :lol:

Optima
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Happy Birthday Snex ♥ Drink enough alcohol for the both of us! :D

Snex
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Happy Bday, Snex. :aparty:

Question - how many times have you turned 33 already? :lol:

:smash: :( This is the first time. However, I don't know yet how many times I'll be able to turn 33 in the future. :lol:

Happy Birthday Snex ♥ Drink enough alcohol for the both of us! :D

Thanx. Whenever I raise the glass I'll remember you. :kiss:

louisa.
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Happy Birthday! :bigclap: :aparty:

RFS
Dec 1st, 2009, 07:10 AM
Happy Birthday Snex .... I'v been 33 for a while now... any tips you need, just let me know :lol:

Snex
Dec 1st, 2009, 07:51 AM
Happy Birthday Snex .... I'v been 33 for a while now... any tips you need, just let me know :lol:

Thank ya'll, guys for your greetings. I'll do my best to stay 33 as long as possible. :lol:

Kampi
Dec 1st, 2009, 08:50 AM
Yes, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Snex and all my very best wishes.:bdaycake::banana::dance:

Wrekin
Dec 1st, 2009, 09:24 AM
I was only 33 once :sobbing:

MaBaker
Dec 1st, 2009, 09:30 AM
God I hope Jelena isn't reading the forum.
I hope she does. Goat :worship:

Happy Birthday Snex ;)

JadeFox
Dec 1st, 2009, 09:38 AM
Happy birthday Snex! :aparty: Forever 33. ;)

Snex
Dec 1st, 2009, 10:11 AM
Thank ya'll! :worship:

Wrekin :hug:

I still remember дalex's comments during JJ's matches. :lol: Especially the word that begins with I. :tape: :rolls:

Foon_JJ
Dec 1st, 2009, 10:18 AM
^ Happy birthday :D

ce
Dec 1st, 2009, 01:57 PM
srecan rodjendan :)

Alex010107
Dec 1st, 2009, 04:08 PM
Yes,I'm Alex :) happy birthday btw,all the best :) I never enter tennis websites or forums and same,but I hate that everyone speaks I like Ana more,when I never said that :)

дalex
Dec 1st, 2009, 04:43 PM
^^

Well, it's not that big of a deal anyway. You can like them both, but prefer one to the other or whatever. I don't think you can like two different persons in the same way. There are different things you like on different people, and in the end you don't have to choose between them. I'm sure both Ana and Jelena are nice people even if they seem to have two very different personalities.

-NAJ-
Dec 1st, 2009, 06:10 PM
Happy birthday Snex!:)

Alex can you tell us something more about news that will JJ be your mentor,how did it happen?

-NAJ-
Dec 1st, 2009, 09:42 PM
old news
Published on 2009-10-09

Jankovic to follow Federer to enjoy Anta Sports mechanical test

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/9743/10091i.th.jpg (http://img38.imageshack.us/i/10091i.jpg/)

During the current downturn in the nets were eliminated defending champion Jankovic, frustrated but at the same access to another big gain. October 8, Jankovic appeared Chaoyang Park Tennis Center, to accept their own sponsor Anta campaign carried out in their special mechanical test.It is understood that the test came from China's first professional sports science laboratories - Anta Sports Science Laboratory, which tests for the players through scientific technology and equipment are tailored to the current international top level, Roger Federer has also been received a similar test.

Multiple tests of science to create "Jankovic filled"
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/51/10092xr.th.jpg (http://img38.imageshack.us/i/10092xr.jpg/)

Tennis Center in the Chaoyang Park stadium, the Anta Anta voice Jankovic accepted by experts in sports science labs testing. According to ANTA arrangements for sports science laboratory experts, Jankovic wore a special installation of electronic equipment, shoes, the court repeatedly doing serving, hitting, net and volley, shuttle run, sideslip and other professional moves, and often manner by experts "halt" to accept measured and recorded. Anta Sports Science laboratory staff said, through the plantar stress testing, mechanical analysis and a series of tests, they will be fully resolved Jankovic's efforts to force the situation, foot structure, the pace of a different form of action, and even exercise habits, so as to build her "foot model", and according to the model designed specially for Jankovic Anta game equipment.
In addition to the professional design competition shoes, this, Anta Science Laboratory experts also carried out for Jankovic body measurements between the size measurement of each site carefully to millimeters, and with Jankovic dress communication experience, and strive to create the perfect match for her clothes.
Interestingly, the same day, although the test results required by the staff in-depth analysis lab come back, but the staff generally indicated that Jankovic as the world's top female tennis player, although the type of feet long, thin, but their feet strength is much higher than the common people, which is frequently in the running, she could still be an important reason for strong shots.

Jankovic insisted a breakthrough never stop

” Turning to sponsor Anta send international team of leading sports science labs to test and build their own customized equipment, Jankovic very satisfied, she said happily: "Professional! Have such a professional team of design and service for me for me to create the objective conditions for such a fine, I am very satisfied that I want to reward excellent performance in all games, I am confident. "

” The same day, Jankovic was also filmed for the new season, ANTA print ads, although Beijing is the cool autumn breeze, a short-sleeved short skirts Jankovic has looked very excited: "In front of the camera for me and Like the golf course, full of passion, and the full enjoyment of this process, and these clothes are very good-looking, I believe that the new ads will be very exciting season. "

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/2329/10093g.th.jpg (http://img38.imageshack.us/i/10093g.jpg/)

Turning to the net, Jankovic said that by arm injuries, she was in his first game was eliminated. 。 Although the results of the competition is very regrettable, but seeing from China, Anta sponsors for their support, as well as numerous fans for their love, she was pleased. ” "Every time I came to China I feel is very nice and of course disappointing to lose games, but the thought of losing access to more of a people's encouragement, in a good mood a lot," Jankovic said, "I want to tell those who love me People, please be assured that next season, a career track in the future, I will never stop playing uphold the breakthrough, and strive to return to peak. "

ANTA

Alex010107
Dec 7th, 2009, 04:37 PM
I heared that her mentor was Monika Seles and I asked Jelena does she want to be my.She said yes and I think we were both happy about that.Anyway,she seemed happy,hope she really was :P.Shes very funny and I laugh with her all the time :).She is a great person with a very good sence of humor :)

Just Do It
Dec 7th, 2009, 04:38 PM
I heared that her mentor was Monika Seles and I asked Jelena does she want to be my.She said yes and I think we were both happy about that.Anyway,she seemed happy,hope she really was :P.Shes very funny and I laugh with her all the time :).She is a great person with a very good sence of humor :)

Who are you ? :unsure:

ChriS.
Dec 7th, 2009, 04:50 PM
I heared that her mentor was Monika Seles and I asked Jelena does she want to be my.She said yes and I think we were both happy about that.Anyway,she seemed happy,hope she really was :P.Shes very funny and I laugh with her all the time :).She is a great person with a very good sence of humor :)That is amazing. You are so lucky. I think the reason most of us are her fans is her great sense of humour.

Bobisa
Dec 7th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Who are you ? :unsure:
:lol: you don't know? she is Aleksandra Krunic.... :hug:

ChriS.
Dec 7th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I heared that her mentor was Monika Seles and I asked Jelena does she want to be my.She said yes and I think we were both happy about that.Anyway,she seemed happy,hope she really was :P.Shes very funny and I laugh with her all the time :).She is a great person with a very good sence of humor :)So you should get on well with Jelena as I read that Ana said in her blog that you have a good sense of humour.

-NAJ-
Dec 7th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I heared that her mentor was Monika Seles and I asked Jelena does she want to be my.She said yes and I think we were both happy about that.Anyway,she seemed happy,hope she really was :P.Shes very funny and I laugh with her all the time .She is a great person with a very good sence of humor
I wish you luck. JJ is smart girl and I'm sure that she will help you with her advices:wavey:

cakiteror
Dec 11th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Opa bato!!!!
Prava teniserka!!!!
Aleksandra, nadam se da ces imati sjajnu karijeru!!! Nikada te nisam video kako igras, ali se zaista nadam da ces biti ofanzivac:):):)

~Kiera~
Dec 11th, 2009, 05:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4734269&name=bodo_peter

End of Roger-Rafa as we know it?

Friday, December 11, 2009

I visited a bit the other day with Jelena Jankovic, who has been working out these days at her spiritual home, the IMG Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy. Out of curiosity, I asked if she'd watched the ATP World Tour Finals.

"I did," she said. "I wanted to see how the men finish the year, and it looked to me like it was just like the women -- they looked tired, and the round robin is always kind of strange. We're not used to winning a tournament after we lost in it, so when you have that, crazy things happen."

In other words, don't give the benefit of the doubt so quickly to the player who emerges as champion from the smoking ruins of another year-end round-robin battle. Whatever handwriting appears on the wall may be written in disappearing ink that will vanish by the time the first Grand Slam of the new year is played.

Still, Nikolay Davydenko's triumph in London may be more than a tribute to the little Russian's durability, determination and opportunism -- or the wacky nature of round-robin events. And the way Rafael Nadal disappeared, Roger Federer struggled every step of the way and Novak Djokovic ran out of gas -- while Juan Martin del Potro more or less duck-walked into the final -- added to the growing feeling that 2010 may be a year of transition.

To put this in perspective, consider that fewer than 11 months ago, men's tennis was still all about the Federer-Nadal rivalry - there seemed no end to it in sight. Nadal had just upped the ante by winning the Australian Open, which meant that another routinely brilliant performance at Roland Garros would set up any of a number of related storylines: Can Roger Federer stop a Rafa calendar-year Grand Slam? Would Federer recapture his lost mojo with a typical, mid-to-end-of-the-year push at the two tournaments where he fares best, Wimbledon and the U.S. Open? Would either or both men complete a career Grand Slam in 2009?

Only one of those narratives matured and came to fruition: Federer, surprisingly, completed his career Slam at the French Open after Nadal was upset by Robin Soderling in the fourth round. And by the time del Potro halted Federer's U.S. Open streak, the tennis landscape had been utterly transformed.

If you had to pick a moment when the game as we've come to know it exploded, it would be the upset of Nadal in Paris. It was no routine sensational upset, either, for it sent Nadal into a long hiatus to address his growing problem with knee tendinitis and enabled Federer to win that long-deferred first French Open title. And suddenly, the Roger-Rafa 24/7 rivalry ground to a halt.

But it turned out that Federer wasn't able to satisfy the expectation that, absent Nadal, he would ride herd on the game. The idea that he would return to dominator form died at the U.S. Open. And by the end of the World Tour Finals, it was clear that Federer, like Nadal, was inhabiting a different, unfamiliar world -- one full of struggles with focus and, perhaps, motivation, as well as young guns (Djokovic, del Potro and Soderling among them) and grizzled veterans (like Davydenko) eager to take anything the two icons wouldn't or couldn't grab.

As crazy as the WTF seemed, keep in mind that there was no real reason for Federer to plead fatigue; he hardly played after the U.S. Open. Nadal, who benefitted from a far smaller workload in '09, did not play like a well-rested contender hungry to take the fifth-most prestigious prize in men's tennis.

This year's WTF was a classic, in terms of chaos and the surprises those events generate. But explaining it away by saying the top players were worn out and hard-put to find motivation just isn't accurate.

We don't know what 2010 will be all about, but I'm pretty sure that for the first time in many years, it's not going to be about the Federer-Nadal rivalry.

-NAJ-
Dec 11th, 2009, 07:16 PM
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/simon-reed/article/1215/

Reed's shotmakers: Women's return of serve

Simon Reed continues his look at the best shotmakers in the game - this time he looks at the women's return of serve.

THE BEST: Monica Seles

On Wednesday I plumped for Andre Agassi as the best men's returner of all-time. Looking at the women, and the one person I would put top of the list is Monica Seles.

Seles might not have been the greatest mover in the world but she had sensational hands which made up for that fact. She got to pretty much everything and liked to dominate too. So from the outset she was taking control of points.

It was her hand-eye coordination and willingness and ability to attack that puts her ahead of the rest for me.

Even against excellent servers she would take on anything that was within reach. Whether it was a blocked return or even a half swing, she was in the point - and not just in the point, but looking to dominate it straight from the return.

There are not enough women who do that for me these days, which is a real shame.

A number of the top women playing at the moment do not have great second serves but they often get away with murder because not enough players are willing to attack them.

THE REST

If you were looking at who had the best defensive return game then I don't think you can look too far past Martina Hingis. In a way she is a female equivalent to Lleyton Hewitt. She could get to all sorts of serves and had very good return stats.

Kim Clijsters has a more attacking return. She likes to get into points, no matter how big the serve she is facing.

However, I think the two best returners who are currently playing are Serena Williams and Jelena Jankovic.

With those two you have one very attacking returner (Serena) and one who is very strong defensively (Jankovic).

Jankovic has just phenomenal movement for a woman of some stature. She can get virtually everything back, and she needs to at times too because she does not have a great serve.

That means the pressure is often on her to win a number of games against the serve, and boy does she do that.

Looking at Serena, and she just has one of the most ruthless returns of serve I have ever seen. If anything is left short against her then she just demolishes it. Watching her return serve is a sight for sore eyes at times.

I often think that Serena and Jankovic are the only two players who take full advantage of the poor standard of serving on the WTA Tour at the moment.

ce
Dec 12th, 2009, 01:36 PM
JJ will be a great mentor for Krunic :dance:

-NAJ-
Dec 14th, 2009, 08:24 PM
http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2009/12/let-me-interrupt-this-post-been-no-1-always-want-more-vut-somteimes-canot-deal-with-all-of-these-tigns-but-try-all-thes-th.html

Actually, it is a Laughing Matter
By Pete Bodo
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4755/29499155.jpg

Howdy, everyone. A few minutes ago, I received an email from my pal Bart Lagae, a Belgian reporter, who had a news flash: Yanina Wickmayer and Xavier Malisse have been cleared to continue playing while they appeal the suspensions levied against them for failing to be available for doping tests. The Tennis.com home page will keep you updated.

On to happier subjects:

While down at Nick Bollettieri's late last week, I had a chance to visit with Jelena Jankovic, during her shade-under-intense practice session with one of the young guns at the academy, a former University of Mississippi player, Robby Poole. These days, top women can hold their own against a player of Poole's caliber, at least as long as serving and returning are left out of the equation. Watching the two of them screw around playing tiebreakers (both players began each point by popping a ball into play from the baseline) reminded me just how far women's tennis has come since Chris Evert ruled the roost and puffballs floated in the air as often as sharply hit forehand or backhands pierced it.

I've always enjoyed watching Jelena play, and seeing her practice is in some ways more illuminating than watching a proper match, where all that tension and execute-or-die mandates are in play. Somehow, most players (Roger Federer is one of the outstanding exceptions) are visibly looser, more relaxed, downright happier when they're practicing.They sometimes go for wild shots and laugh when they miss; they make faces they wouldn't dare show to opponents. In matches, a player tries to channel the psyche of an assassin; in practice, she channels the spirit of a yellow Labrador retriever puppy.

Typical practice garb is more athletic than the stuff most players wear in order to keep those endorsement checks coming. Jelena wore mid-calf black running tights, and a crisp, clean, long-sleeved quarter-zip top of white - in whatever they call that latest miracle fabric that promises to keep you from getting sweaty even in a sauna. When did "wicking" become a spiritual state otherwise attainable only by following certain rituals that involve chanting?

Jelena wasn't wearing make-up, and her dark pony tail poked pertly from the back of her trucker's cap. This girl has great legs, and the painted-on running tights emphasized their smooth but unmistakeably athletic curves. The overall look amounted to no-nonsense sporty, in an elegant way.

I chatted with Jelena during those rest minutes when the players sat sipping Gatorade under unseasonably cool, cloudy skies. She told me that her 2009 was full of unexpected personal distractions, including surgery for her mother Snezana, and the death of a favorite grandmother. "Those problems made me realize I didn't have to take everything, including my tennis, so seriously. You don't have to put yourself under so much pressure on the court. It's better just to have fun, and appreciate the good things in life. You can do what you want - play, laugh, have fun. Live your life, because your health is the most important thing."

Of course, it was something like a health issue that helped account for the horrible start Jankovic had in 2009. I was at Nick's academy at about the same time last year, when Jelena was fresh off a rigorous off-season strength-building regimen adminstered by Pat Etcheberry. The result of that well-intended desire to prepare for a strong defense of her No. 1 ranking was, basically, a disaster. "I gained ten kilos," Jelena told me, "That's about 20 pounds. I wasn't fat, because it didn't show so much - muscle is heavier than fat. But it made me feel uncomfortable, I felt physically restricted and I couldn't move as freely as I wanted. It was something new to me, I never was so heavy before."

For a player like Jankovic, who relies on her athletic ability, that physical change was a kiss of death - although there's certainly room to argue that on many occasions last year (the Australian Open was a great example), it was Jankovic's mind and heart that let her down, not her body. But perhaps those nasty switches on her competitive motherboard were flicked by the discomfort she felt. It's a tricky subject, for sure.

"Sometimes you try, you give your best and things don't go like you expect," she said. "That happens. But it's still important to try new things, to try to improve. If it doesn't work, so what? The main thing is to give your best."

Although Jankovic's first half of 2009 was disappointing, she was encourged by the way her game came around during the summer at Cincinnati and at times in the fall. She felt, at the end of the WTA tour championships in Dough-ha, that she had something to build on. "It's important to know that if you fail, you can come back and become a champion again. When you're going up and winning, it's easy. You don't have a care in the world. But that is just the easy part of your career. Right now, I'm proud about how I went down, and then I made myself go back up."

Jankovic is well-positioned to make a big move early in 2010, because she has few ranking points to defend. She says it doesn't mean very much to her. "I want always to make the little steps to get better, and not think about things like rankings and points. I'm having fun in practice and just trying to to back to basics and add some little things that make will make me better. Every player has to learn to do what's right for herself and her game."

The new year will present opportunities, but unusual challenges as well. The WTA is without a dominant player at the moment, so there's room for the bold and talented to operate. But with former Grand Slam champions returning to the game (Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin), the home stretch at any major might find half-a-dozen ponies running flank-to-flank. "We have some very good tennis players and some very strong athletes," says the woman who's an appealing combination of both. "I think the year is going to be very exciting."

Jelena is undecided about doubles, and has no plans to play mixed. What, did she have enough of the Jamie Murray show, I wondered?

Jelena laughed: "It was enough. I am a Wimbledon champion now (in mixed, with Murray) and I think I am retired. So I can say I am always the champion forever, because nobody took away my title."

One of the nicer things about Jankovic is that she laughs more easily and freely than any woman on the tour; it's unusual, when you consider that the countdown to when Henin drops her first giggle or an unlikely guffaw is now entering something like it's 27th year. You can forgive a player who laughs a lot a great deal, including a six-month bout of competitive inadequacy. And the ability to laugh can be a great ally in the battle to turn back the tide of self-bashing and scab-picking.

As we walked away from the practice court, Jankovic boasted, in a mock serious tone: "My goal in 2010 is to start fast and finish strong." She laughed at the cliche, but repeated it, forcefully, "Start fast, finish strong. That will be my motto."

It was hard to tell whether she was serious or not. But in any event you heard it here first.

Smoothstuff
Dec 14th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Thanks NAJ just read it over at Tennis.com
'Start fast and finish strong' what does that mean?

Roookie
Dec 15th, 2009, 03:50 AM
Jelena laughed: "It was enough. I am a Wimbledon champion now (in mixed, with Murray) and I think I am retired. So I can say I am always the champion forever, because nobody took away my title."

:bs::secret:

Wrekin
Dec 15th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Thanks NAJ just read it over at Tennis.com
'Start fast and finish strong' what does that mean?

It is a bit of a cliche, and means she wants to get off to an energetic forceful start in 2010, wihout playing herself in over several tournaments.

By the end of the season, she wants to be strong enough to keep winning and not be tired out.

Of course, the same sentiments can be applied to individual matches :)

Brena
Dec 15th, 2009, 01:58 PM
In matches, a player tries to channel the psyche of an assassin;

Ah, yes - that's what Jelena is all about... :lol:
And I'm also worried she wasn't wearing any make-up. Was it Irina again? :scared:

дalex
Dec 15th, 2009, 02:08 PM
And I'm also worried she wasn't wearing any make-up. Was it Irina again? :scared:

On practice courts there are no jumbo-screens to worry about. :lol:

szymek_m1
Dec 15th, 2009, 06:44 PM
A-Rad on Jelena: (she predicts the top10 in 1010 and Jeca is number 9)
'9. Jelena Jankovic- her coach has visited my parents recently, saw Kraków. We are close to each other, we have very similar view on this professional stuff, so I wish her many victories. Ambition and steadiness won't allow her to be out of elite.'

Kampi
Dec 16th, 2009, 04:40 AM
Nice one, thx Naj:wavey::D

-NAJ-
Dec 16th, 2009, 08:23 PM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/blogs/match-tough/canadas-dabrowski-making-waves-in-junior-ranks/article1402895/
Canada's Dabrowski making waves in junior ranks

Gabriela Dabrowski of Ottawa made waves in junior tennis by winning the storied Orange Bowl event last weekend, taking the girls under-18 title with a 6-3, 2-6, 7-5 victory over current world No. 1 junior, Kristina Mladenovic of France.

With her success, Dabrowski vaulted from No. 48 to No. 13 in the International Tennis Federation (ITF) junior rankings.

“The last three weeks, my attitude has changed a lot,” she said, explaining her fine play in Miami. “I’ve been a lot more positive on the court. In the final, I could feel my old self coming back a bit – a little negative once in a while. But then I was able to keep on the right track with my mental state, which was good.”

On December 24, Dabrowski will head to Mexico and then Costa Rica for ITF junior tournaments before going on to Australia to play in one warm-up event and then the Australian Open juniors. It will be her fourth main-draw junior Grand Slam, after the U.S. Opens in 2009 and 2008, and Wimbledon in 2008.

For the past three winters, the 5-foot-9 Dabrowski, who turns 18 in April, has trained at the Saddlebrook Academy in Wesley Chapel, Florida, which has 45 courts and all four Grand Slam event surfaces. There, occasionally she has the opportunity to play with top pros.

“Two years ago, I hit with Martina Hingis,” she recalled. “We had like a three-hour practice session, it was really intense. It was a lot of fun; she was really great.”

There was also another interesting encounter with a former world No. 1. “I was hitting with Renee Stubbs (a doubles specialist from Australia) last year,” Dabrowski said, “and Jelena Jankovic was practising on the court beside us. She just came on the court and started talking to me about backhands down the line. It was really funny – she was giving me advice on my backhand. I was like, ‘This is so cool, thank you.’ ”

JadeFox
Dec 16th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Awww JJ style might be passed down to a new generation! :hearts:

-NAJ-
Dec 17th, 2009, 06:55 PM
I'm trying to keep this thread in life:p
http://www.blic.rs/sport.php?id=125947
Today started selling tickets for the match with a first round World Group Fed Cup between Serbia and Russia, which will be played in Belgrade Arena 6th and 7 February next year.

The first day of the program are the two singles match, and the program begins in 16 hours. The second day will be played two singles and the doubles match, and the program begins in 14 hours.
Price sets of tickets for the sector 400 is 950 dinars, while the price of the set of cards for all other sectors of 2,000 dinars.

I hope that Arena will be full:)For Devis cup last tome tickets were FREE and first day was 100 people, because Nole was not on court:lol:

It's not too much 950 din = 10 euros but i think that postion in Arena is too far from court:confused:

set of tickets for sector 200 = 2.000 din . is much better.

if you just want to go and watch 1st day prize of tickets
level 400= 500 din.
level 200= 1000 din.
2nd day
level 400= 600 din.
level 200= 1200 din.
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/478/355sp.jpg

szymek_m1
Dec 17th, 2009, 07:29 PM
JJ- a tennis expert. she should think about making a career as a coach. Btw, it was nice of her :) I hope Gabriela won't beat JJ with her own weapon when they play each other.

Good luck, Gabriela. Maybe another talented "Pole"? ;]

Brena
Dec 17th, 2009, 09:53 PM
It's not too much 950 din = 10 euros but i think that postion in Arena is too far from court:confused:

I don't think the 950 dinar seats are that bad - Ma and I sat there last time, and the view was perfectly fine (although, we plan to throw a brick at JJ this time so maybe we'll sit closer :p)

omgezani
Dec 17th, 2009, 10:54 PM
I don't think the 950 dinar seats are that bad - Ma and I sat there last time, and the view was perfectly fine (although, we plan to throw a brick at JJ this time so maybe we'll sit closer :p)

:cuckoo:

Foon_JJ
Dec 18th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I'm trying to keep this thread in life:p
http://www.blic.rs/sport.php?id=125947

I hope that Arena will be full:)For Devis cup last tome tickets were FREE and first day was 100 people, because Nole was not on court:lol:

if you just want to go and watch 1st day prize of tickets
level 400= 500 din.
level 200= 1000 din.
2nd day
level 400= 600 din.
level 200= 1200 din.
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/478/355sp.jpg

I want to go there too...uff...but the visa :sad:

gaviotabr
Dec 18th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Hey JJ fans! I found this over Sportski Zurnal. I have absolutely no idea what it is all about, but we are in times that any news is news.. the boredom of our dear off season.. :lol: So here it is:

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8203/sz4.jpg

-NAJ-
Dec 18th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Thanks gaviotabr, you always find something new!
Ana Jovanovic said that Jelena and her parents invited her to be their guest on Florida.
She said that she have great conditions for work. Ricardo and some fitness trainer from Columbia is helping them.
She is delighted with Jelena's move to invite her and the quality of preparation is on high level.

They will be there till 5.01.2010. when Jelena is going to Australia. If Ana J. get spot for Q AO she will also go in Australia if not she will play two smaller events on Florida, then Fed Cup....

Smoothstuff
Dec 18th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Thanks again NAJ and thanks gaviotabr :)
Kinda cool that she's leaving for Australia on my birthday :cool:

дalex
Dec 18th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Jeca training all day long! http://i47.tinypic.com/znu7er.gif

:cuckoo:

That was a joke.

ivanban
Dec 18th, 2009, 10:52 PM

OK, but be careful not to hit any part covered in body-glitter...no one wants to watch glitterless JJ :(

Brena
Dec 18th, 2009, 11:15 PM
OK, but be careful not to hit any part covered in body-glitter...no one wants to watch glitterless JJ :(

may we throw a bottle of glitter at her?

ce
Dec 19th, 2009, 11:41 AM
tickets are still not on sale,i went yesterday to buy them and the lady told me to come next week :weirdo:

Brena
Dec 19th, 2009, 12:47 PM
tickets are still not on sale,i went yesterday to buy them and the lady told me to come next week :weirdo:

Does anyone know how we may find out who will play for the Russians?

omgezani
Dec 19th, 2009, 01:26 PM
That was a joke.

That was a bad joke. :p

Brena
Dec 19th, 2009, 02:14 PM

No, it wasn't! :(

omgezani
Dec 19th, 2009, 03:49 PM
No, it wasn't! :(

OK! :rolls:

~Kiera~
Dec 19th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Does anyone know how we may find out who will play for the Russians?

http://www.championat.ru/tennis/news-360631.html

[Tarpishchev]: in Serbia we will rely on youth

“For the team against Serbia probably will play Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Alisa Kleybanova and, possibly, some of the leaders. After Australian Open it will very difficult to make a selection, since will have to fly first from Australia to Serbia, and then another, and in the USA. Vera Zvonareva's participation a big question, and Safina have to provide gentle treatment."

ivanban
Dec 19th, 2009, 08:46 PM

Clearly you're a rookie JJ fan :o :hug:

ivanban
Dec 19th, 2009, 08:50 PM

“For the team against Serbia probably will play Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Alisa Kleybanova and, possibly, some of the leaders. After Australian Open it will very difficult to make a selection, since will have to fly first from Australia to Serbia, and then another, and in the USA. Vera Zvonareva's participation a big question, and Safina have to provide gentle treatment."

I hope for a scorching hot and humid conditions in the Arena. It would be a real shame not to see Alisa draining hair-sweat :awww:

Snex
Dec 19th, 2009, 09:44 PM

:confused: I bought yesterday. :shrug: In "Dom omladine". ;) There are flags on the tickets, Russian and Serbian.

Kleybanova :scared:

I'd like to see Demented. :awww:

Please, come Elena! :bowdown:

Snex
Dec 19th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Thank you for the article, Isa. :kiss: :hug:

omgezani
Dec 19th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Clearly you're a rookie JJ fan :o :hug:

No. :tape:
Why do you think this?

-NAJ-
Dec 21st, 2009, 01:59 PM
http://www.sportske.net/vest/tenis/jelena-se-priprema-za-desetoboj-12082.html

Javier Benet is JJ's new fitness trainer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francisco_Javier_Benet

Brena
Dec 21st, 2009, 02:08 PM

Hey, thanks for finding it, Sarah!!
Oh well, it's not a big surprise he chose the Serbian :weirdo:s killer Kleybs and JJ-killer Pavlyu. :sobbing:
I don't really see how Serbia can win this at all - Jelena and Ana would have to win 3 of the 4 single matches since they stand no chance in the doubles. If Demented comes as well, it means Jelena would have to win both her matches :p

~Kiera~
Dec 21st, 2009, 03:42 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/columns/story?columnist=tandon_kamakshi&id=4760203

The year's most memorable quotes

Slingers: fighting words

1. "I always beat Jankovic so who do you think I want to play?"

-- Marion Bartoli , on who she would rather face in the Stanford quarterfinals.

2. "She talks like she's Serena Williams. Who is she? She's just another Player on the Tour. Bartoli is going to get it Tomorrow."

-- Jelena Jankovic , hearing of Bartoli's comments.

3. "I basically gave her everything. I beat myself. I was just a shadow of myself."

-- Jelena Jankovic, after losing to Victoria Azarenka in Doha.

4. "I'm glad she gave me the match, and she was not in the mood. It worked out pretty well for me."

-- Victoria Azarenka, hearing of Jankovic's comments.

5. "Is her last name Jankovic?"

-- Maria Sharapova , on Victoria Azarenka taking a medical timeout during their match in Beijing.

LoLex
Dec 21st, 2009, 03:52 PM
Fortunately there are no comments about Jelena's period. :o

Nina.
Dec 21st, 2009, 04:39 PM
may we throw a bottle of glitter at her?

Great!!! Bring back the glitter :banana:

Brena
Dec 21st, 2009, 05:47 PM
1. "I always beat Jankovic so who do you think I want to play?"

-- Marion Bartoli , on who she would rather face in the Stanford quarterfinals.

2. "She talks like she's Serena Williams. Who is she? She's just another Player on the Tour. Bartoli is going to get it Tomorrow."

-- Jelena Jankovic , hearing of Bartoli's comments.

:rolls: This is my all time favourite. When Ma texted me what Jelena had said I honestly thought she was winding me up. And then, when she informed me JJ had lost, I couldn't stop laughing (psychotically).

Ellery
Dec 21st, 2009, 05:49 PM
:spit:

Cannotkeephermouthshutlena :hearts:

MaBaker
Dec 21st, 2009, 07:20 PM
Bartoli is going to get it Tomorrow

Still :weirdo:

Brena
Dec 21st, 2009, 08:29 PM
Bartoli is going to get it Tomorrow

Still :weirdo:

It's hilarious in a masochistic way. :D

-Valérie-
Dec 21st, 2009, 08:39 PM
Well, she didn't got it that tomorrow, but JJ did beat her on their last meeting. And i believe Jelena won't let her tennis failed her again against Bartoli. She seems really serious about her preparation for 2010, and i think she will definitively have a great 2010.

LoLex
Dec 21st, 2009, 08:41 PM
I'm waiting for Jelena to say "Henin is going to get it tomorrow" or whenever. :o

Ellery
Dec 21st, 2009, 08:51 PM
I'm waiting for Jelena to say "Henin is going to get it tomorrow" or whenever. :o

That would be so amaze :spit: She should say that during Roland-Garros too :devil:

-NAJ-
Dec 21st, 2009, 08:52 PM
New blog on JJ's web site:eek:
http://www.jj-jelenajankovic.com/eng/home.php

Brena
Dec 21st, 2009, 09:16 PM

:rolls::bowdown:
I want her to say ''Serena's gonna get it tomorrow!'' :eek:

MaBaker
Dec 21st, 2009, 09:26 PM
:rolls::bowdown:
I want her to say ''Serena's gonna get it tomorrow!'' :eek:
Serena would eat her alive. Literally.

дalex
Dec 21st, 2009, 09:34 PM
Turquoise blue dress. Is that the colour of the courts at the AO? :scratch:

She will be invisible... http://i47.tinypic.com/dlomlj.gif

duhcity
Dec 24th, 2009, 03:39 AM
Anyone see this yet?

If you could steal a shot from another player, what would it be?
Julia Goerges: The backhand of Jelena Jankovic.

Hahaha

RFS
Dec 24th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Given that Julia saw PLENTY of that shot at Wimbledon, I'm not surprised :bounce:
I will always remember that match for some crazy Julia fan who was getting furious at Sneki's cheering and was trying to catch the Umpire's attention to tell him! The girl sat next to her was half laughing/half scared!

Lady croissant
Dec 24th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Ooh, tix for FC are already on sale? Thanks for info, can't wait:bounce:
I'm not liking Tarpi's plans, though. :(I want Masha or Vera+Chaky (with her particular brand of FC psycho on full display:hearts:)

Snex
Dec 24th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Ooh, tix for FC are already on sale? Thanks for info, can't wait:bounce:
I'm not liking Tarpi's plans, though. :(I want Masha or Vera+Chaky (with her particular brand of FC psycho on full display:hearts:)

:( I want Demented. :awww: :help:, God!

Lady croissant
Dec 25th, 2009, 10:21 AM
:( I want Demented. :awww: :help:, God!

Yeah, we're both in dire need of God's intervention methinks :awww: We're probably gonna have to settle for Kleybs' head-bobbing and Vesnina's "will they/won't they" cleavage as means of entertainment.

-NAJ-
Dec 30th, 2009, 06:34 PM
http://sport.blic.rs/Tenis/170395/Jelena-i-Novak-najbolji-u-2009
Traditional selection of TSS
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1704/1173novakijelena01afpto.jpg
Jelena and Novak the best in 2009.

Tennis Association of Serbia has declared today Jelena Jankovic and Novak Djokovic of our best tennis players in the past year.

In this season, Jankovic has entered as the first dancer of the world, and "tennis queen" was a total of 100 days. Ove godine osvojila je turnire u Marbelji i Sinsinatiju, a igrala je u finalu turnira u Tokiju. This year she won the tournament in Marbella, and Cincinnati, and played in the tournament in Tokyo. Treću godinu zaredom plasirala se na završni godišnji Masters kup koji okuplja osam najboljih teniserki sveta u toj godini. Third consecutive year, qualified for the final annual Masters Cup, which brings together the eight best players in the world that year.

Pored dobrih rezultata na WTA turnirima, Janković je dala veliki doprinos istorijskom plasmanu reprezentacije Srbije u Svetsku A grupu Fed kupa. Besides good results in the WTA tournaments, Jankovic gave a great contribution to the historical placement of Serbian national team in a World Group Fed Cup.
Sezonu je završila na osmom mestu WTA liste. Season ended in eighth place WTA list.

Đoković je godinu počeo i završio kao treći igrač sveta, au 2009. Djokovic was started and finished as the third player of the world, and 2009th osvojio je pet turnira - Dubai, Beograd, Peking, Bazel i masters u Parizu. won five tournaments - Dubai, Belgrade, Beijing, Basel and the Masters in Paris. Pored toga, igrao je u još pet finala, od čega četiri na turnirima masters serije u Sinsinatiju, Rimu, Monte Karlu i Majamiju. In addition, he played in five finals, of which four of the Masters Series tournaments in Cincinnati, Rome, Monte Carlo and Miami.
Ukupno je odigrao rekordnih 97 mečeva, od kojih je 78 dobio, a samo 19 izgubio. Total played a record 97 matches, of which 78 received, and only 19 lost.

U konkurenciji igrača do 18 godina priznanja su dobili Bojana Jovanovski i Filip Krajinović, a najbolji u konkurenciji igrača do 16 godina bili su Tamara Čurović i Miki Janković. U konkurenciji do 14 godina laureati su Saška Gavrilovska i Nikola Milojević, a do 12 godina Ivana Jorović i Filip Grbić. In the competition to players 18 years awards were given Bojana Jovanovski and Philip Krajinović, and the best players in the competition to 16 years were Tamara Čurović and Miki Jankovic. In the competition to 14 laureates were Saska Gavrilovska and Nikola Milojevic, and up to 12 years, John Jorovic and Filip Grbic.

google translate

-NAJ-
Dec 31st, 2009, 02:36 AM
http://www.alo.rs/sport/22937/Bicu_opet_broj_1

Jelena Jankovic for Alo!

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7536/jjv.jpg

I will be No. 1 again
Thursday - 31/12/2009

While the Serbian society is slowly splitting up their homes after the New Year parties, in Florida, over 5,000 kilometers away from Belgrade, Jelena Jankovic will prepare to enter in 2010. year.

- The new season was getting into with great ambitions. I want to get back to first place in the WTA list, to win a big competition to win the Grand Slam title and move on. I had a very hard and good preparation in Florida, the whole team with me and believe that all of this as we passed in the last month bear fruit during the next year, will follow the harvest trophy - said Elena for "Alo".

- Next season we could again see the famous duels: J. Jankovic - Ž. Henin?
- Enan was absent from the field less than two years, and I'm in that period gained the necessary experience that we need to play with such players. Frankly, although it may seem illogical, I look forward to its return because it brings more excitement to the tennis courts. With her I have always played the best game and it is one of the players whose game is very respected, but I believe in myself and I think that the 2010th years will be very interesting.
- A few weeks ago you became a mentor Alexandra Krunic, and it is interesting that once your mentorka was Monica Seles?

- Alexandra is a very talented young player, which is valuable, and that can work a lot to advance for several years is at the very top of world tennis. Since I have all the support and I think that will not stop until you come to a place that has set itself a goal. When it comes to Monica, and we are still in contact, correspond via e-mail, and when I was in Florida, then find and cafes. She is a great person, athlete and truly a valuable friend.
- In addition to tennis, in 2009. you have found the time to create clothes in cooperation with the "monomial". Will that be next year and what do you recommend to our readers in the upcoming season?
- Continued cooperation with the "monomial" and surely will do more collections. What I would recommend as "must have" a detail in 2010. to all readers is an attractive bag or belt as the old dress in addition to the new bags and new belt always looks different.
- In Florida you will celebrate the new year. What readers wanted to "Alo" in 2010?
- Welcome 2010th with family and friends. Your readers want in the best possible New Year celebrations and a lot of health, happiness, joy, success, love .... - Jelena is wanted.

See the "Avatar"!

- What I recommend everyone to see the film "Avatar." It is really great and left a great impression on me - Jelena Jankovic said.

by google translate

Roookie
Dec 31st, 2009, 05:20 AM
"I will be No. 1 again".

May your wishful thinking become true. Win them all JJ!. :inlove:

Optima
Dec 31st, 2009, 08:10 AM
If you don't think you are number one, or don't think you can be No. 1, it'll never happen.

-NAJ-
Dec 31st, 2009, 09:40 AM
http://sport.blic.rs/Tenis/170412/Imam-servis-za-Vimbldon
Jelena Jankovic wants to return to the top
I have a service for Wimbledon
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1619/1247sjankovic05fotoafpf.jpg

Clijsters, Henin, Williams sisters, beware, Jelena Jankovic in 2010. orna entered and ready for a new major battle, as the first and the only thing it lacks in the world of tennis - Grand Slam title! The best Serbian tennis player in the past month and more delay worked to improve the game in order to return to the top, for eighth place does not meet its high ambitions.
Jelena fajterski spirit and desire to fight for every point to the last atom of strength, only strengthened the Spartan preparations in Florida. And so Elena has a clear desire before the start of the new season.
- Unfulfilled desire is to win the first Grand Slam title and it just wishes to achieve in 2010? The main goal is to return to first place in the WTA list, of course, conquering the biggest competitions - says Elena.
The first opportunity to have soon in Australia, the hell in the heat of Melbourne. Will it be difficult to adapt to the climate in Australia.
- A vacation spent mostly in Belgrade, the other in Italy. I rested for three weeks, then went to America where I started preparing for 2010. year, in which I enter with great ambitions and a desire to return to the top of the list. In Florida I have trained more than a month in order to prepare well as doing home so after them during the competition and reach the desired results. I hope the best - is optimistic Jelena.
Serbian tennis player at the Grand Slam events had much success. One has the title in doubles, two years ago at Wimbledon, and certainly that would like to raise the cup in singles for the best on the London grass.
- I would thrilled to win Wimbledon. This is the dream of every tennis player, and me. Once I felt the sweetness of triumph on the London grass to play doubles, which I never was an expert and I hope to one day and I raise the cup in singles - said Jankovic.

Serbian tennis player has gained great experience playing at the highest level in the last few seasons. He knows what it needs to be returned to the top. Jelena's fans will especially surprise news that a special attention to service.

- I worked a lot to improve all elements of the game. First of all, the condition which is long and hard season, very important, but special emphasis is given to increasing services. I think there is room to advance and be even better - says Elena.
Tennis 2010th remind the many ways to 2007. before the season because we will again see Belgian Justine Henin and Kim Clijsters. Serbian tennis player is aware that the battle for the title every now be even more difficult.
- Competition of this type is always healthy because it motivates me to do better and different that I could match them and achieve goals when it comes to tennis. Regardless of all this, if I gave the maximum, can win the Grand Slam title and return again in the first place - convinced the eight players of the world.
Jelena's form in the first month will be very important for engagements in the Fed Cup. In February, Russia's visiting Belgrade. And it may not Dinara Safina and Maria Sharapova.
- Yet it is not known who will play for the match against Russia's us Belgrade. They have so many good players to be a strong team to assemble - says Elena.

It is still early for marriage

Jelena Jankovic about waterpolo player Mladjan Janovic, but for now do not think about entering the marital waters.
- Obligations of professional athletes are great, every day and take a long time. With my boyfriend constantly in touch, seeing how our commitments allow, but when the two genuinely like and understand, then everything works in the best possible way, and separation does not fall so hard, but of course every moment that we can use to spend together. The engagement and eventual marriage of yet because we do not think this is nice and enjoy it! - Says Elena.
google translate

дalex
Dec 31st, 2009, 10:00 AM
Go Jeca! :cheer:

ms_nut
Dec 31st, 2009, 02:56 PM
:) Wimbledon and #1.. the perfect combo..:hearts:

Baby steps are fine with me, like maybe not losing to a certain someone 10 times in a row..

LoLex
Dec 31st, 2009, 03:06 PM
It would be great if JJ could start the year with a big win. It would definetely help her.

Smoothstuff
Dec 31st, 2009, 03:22 PM
I'm glad she wants to take her serve to the next level

It would be great if JJ could start the year with a big win. It would definetely help her.

Serena in Sydney? :hehehe:

LoLex
Dec 31st, 2009, 03:35 PM
Serena in Sydney? :hehehe:

Yeah... Serena or Justine. :lick:

Smoothstuff
Dec 31st, 2009, 04:11 PM
Yeah... Serena or Justine. :lick:

Oh yeh I forgot about Justine! :lol:
She just can't go 0-10 against her :tape:

rucolo
Jan 2nd, 2010, 04:09 PM
New blog on JJ's web site:eek:
http://www.jj-jelenajankovic.com/eng/home.php

Hello my dear fans,

I wrote you last time upon my arrival from Doha, when the season 2009. ended, and my vacation started, which I spent partly in Belgrade and partly in Italy. I was having a rest for around 20 days, and then I went to the USA, where I began practicing for the 2010. I'm waiting the next year with great ambitions and will to return to the very top of the WTA rankings. I'm in Florida for two weeks already, working hard and preparing for the challenges on the court which the new season is going to bring.
My team is with me, and we have a working plan and program for each day, which we strictly hold to. It is like that because of our goal to do the preparations for the upcoming 2010. in such a way that during the year the results we're expecting come. It is not easy to get up early every day, and spend hours on the court. But, it is all a price to pay in order to reach my goal and be in the top. I don't have problems with the practicing, beause tennis is my life preocupation, and it is something I enjoy and love to do.

I practice at Bollettieri Academy, where every day I see large number of well known tennis players, but also many young talents which are yet to turn their skills into results on the court. It is nice to be surrounded by all those young people, who are full of positive energy and will to touch the stars in the sport they've chosen. I was once in the same position, when I came as a 12-year old to this Academy, not knowing anyone, totally alone in the world of strangers. But, it only made me stronger and made me more hard working and a tougher person. It wasn't easy because I sacrificed a lot for that, but I'm now in a position to help others, to go every day to the courts of Bollettieri camp with a smile on my face, and to be surrounded by people whom I love and who love me. When I look at all those children, the new little champions, I sense a burst of emotions and remember the times that past, the time when I became mature and tough.

I feel sorry for not to be able to do a part of my season preparations in Belgrade, and for the situation is still the same when I started playing tennis � there are no courts, nor conditions for practices. Unfortunately, so many years have passed, so many thins we have done for our and world's tennis, and still in our country, in our Belgrade, we do not have the conditions to practice. Therefore, we must travel around the globe and look for the places where we are to prepare for victories, the things people always expect us to do, and the things we got our people used to.

New Year approaches. I will spend it in Florida, with my family and friends. We have already decorated a New Year tree, and I must say I'm enchanted with its look. After the intensive practice I like to sit across this tree and rest just by watching it shine in all its great appearance. In the same time I listen Christmas carols which give a special touch to the upcoming holidays.
I travel to Australia on 5th January 2010. where I'm going to spend our Christmas holidays, and then I'm starting with tournaments, and the first matches in the next season. The starting tournament I will play in Sydney, after which the Grand Slam in Melbourne follows � Australian Open. ANTA already made a nice dress, turquoise blue, which I will wear on these tournaments. After Australia I'm coming to Belgrade, and to FED cup tie with Russia in Arena. I hope that we will continue with the victories and the approach to FED cup trophy.

My loved ones, I wish you all the best, good health, luck, joy and love, and to celebrate New Year's Eve in the best possible manner.

THANK YOU A LOT FOR THE SUPPORT YOU HAVE BEEN GIVING ME AND STILL DO!!!

I love you all
your JJ

Didn`t see this new Blog.:p
Love the way Jelena writes! So cute!:awww:

Can`t wait for more drama and heart attacks as a Jelena Fan in 2010!:sobbing::hearts::lol:

Roookie
Jan 3rd, 2010, 03:52 AM
What's going on with Jelena?...is she already in Australia?.

-NAJ-
Jan 3rd, 2010, 08:05 PM
http://www.novosti.rs/code/navigate.php?Id=13&status=jedna&vest=167066&title_add=Vrati%C4%87u%20se%20na%20svetski%20tron&kword_add=jelena%20jankovic
Big interview with Jelena for Vecernje novosti

I will return to the throne of the world

Two wta titles in 2009. represented the realization of the great dream of many average players, but not a born champion like ours Jelena Jankovic. Former world tennis queen and one of the few players who managed to finish the year as number one, does not meet the average. Wish her to be the best in everything he does, and to demonstrate on the ground and the Serbian women worked hard in recent weeks based in Florida, the Nike Bolitijerija. In an exclusive interview to "News", our female is about all that awaits in the coming period, and all possible obstacles that will face the return to the throne.

- My goal is to be in 2010. back to the throne of the world! How can I achieve this I did a great training on Floria, along with a team that consists of a tennis coach Ricardo Sanchez and conditioning coach Javier Benet, as well as sparring partners. We have done an excellent job and we hope that next year will be one of the best ever! The focus was on strengthening all elements of the game, speed, explosive, aggressive approach to the game. I am ready for new battles and challenges on the ground, I uželela matches and victory - says Jelena.

* What will all the tournaments to play in next season?
- Playing all the great competitions, and the focus will be on those most important - Grand slams. Only me health served, violation of bypass and I think I'll be ready to go all the tournaments themselves to finish, regardless of the competition.

How will you plan for this to be difficult given that the returns Žastin Henin, there is Kim Clijsters, with all the better Šarapovu, Carolina Vozniacki and Williams sisters?

- I do not think the competition just because I'm working on that in the next year be the strongest ever to play the best tennis so far, constantly improving, because the man is taught while alive. So the athletes - as long as those engaged in business have room for improvement and I believe it can always be better and more, as I do now several times and proved that I will, I hope, I still do. I believe in myself and my game, I know how I can and because there is no reason for any concern. It is important to the field I always give the maximum.

* For any tournament in the world most like to play?
- I would not be able to single out one, I have yet two, and they are open US open and Rome. For both tournaments binds me wonderful memories. And in New York and Rome always feel great, I am full of positive energy. Ambience, audience, winding, memories, matches, wins and the results that I have always made me, again, give wings to even greater success, so these are two tournaments in my heart that occupy a special place.
* During the year you saw entire planet, lengthwise and crosswise. Where most love to come and where you feel the best?
- I visited the whole world, it is difficult to single out one as the most beautiful city, because every world metropolis is beautiful in its own way and is distinguished by something that is just her personality. Among the most beautiful cities in Tokyo - it is living and working hundred hour. Technology, buildings, everything exudes the future, simply this city is going ahead of time, and is considered a world center of technology. There is New York as a center of international politics, finance, entertainment, culture, museums, galleries, corporations. It is a city that lives 24 hours, and Rome, whose beauty is eternal and indescribable need to see and experience, and Paris, which is full of valuable historical heritage, tourist attractions, the meeting place of artists through the centuries ...

* Last year you suddenly came to Belgrade to celebrate the new year. This time it is missing?
- Arrival of 2010th I celebrated the year in Florida, where he is preparing for the next
season. Go directly from Miami to Australia, where I wait for the first contest in the next year. I will spend the holidays with family and friends.

* How is today to be in the skin of Jelena Jankovic?
- Nice. I'm happy because I am surrounded by people you love and who love me, do a job that I love, which I enjoy and am successful at it. Building your life the best way we can and trying to help others and how they can. To be JJ takes a lot of energy, will, desire, strength, perseverance, courage ...

* You're known as a person who likes others to give nice things. What are planning to buy Mladjan boyfriend?
- When buying gifts, then buy them from the heart, so that the purchase happens very spontaneously. When I found shopping in the minor decide this point, but as I said, the most important is that it is full of love and it was mutual when we Mladjan I concerned?
* What are the three things that you want for yourself in 2010?
- To be healthy, happy and successful - concluded Jankovic.

Nothing of the WTA TOURNAMENT IN SERBIA
* Do you think that in Belgrade one day could be organized tour?
- WTA tournament in the Serbian capital is possible to organize and to do that, there is a lot of boxes needed to agree. First, the construction of a sports facility that would meet the standards for existing, even those in the "Arena", it might not. Another problem is the money that would be purchased license, but I believe that problem could solved quickly and easily but there is that first problem. So i do not believe that will soon be organized in a WTA tournament in Belgrade - is not very optimistic Jankovic.

We need COURTS IN BELGRADE
* OUR players often complain that upon their return to Belgrade have adequate grounds for training. What is the situation?
- It is an interesting fact that Belgrade is only one concrete ground on which can be trained. We need a national tennis center in which we are all able to train how and when we want, and not to seek an alternative somewhere in the world - says Jelena. - SC "25 May "the state is renovated, but its status is undefined. The State did not offer us all, tennis players, it went over the other, but ask about those who manage these facilities.

PERSONAL CARD
Name: Jelena Jankovic
Born: 28 2. 1985th Belgrade
Nickname: JJ
Height: 177 cm.
Weight: 59 kg.
Residence: Bradenton (Florida)
Professional since: 2000. The
Coach: Ricardo Sančes (Spain)
WTA titles: 10 (Marbella, 2009, Rome, Beijing,
Stuttgart and Moscow, 2008 Oklend, Charleston,
Birmingham and Rome 2007th and Budapest, 2004)
Rank list: 8 place
Score career: 376-190
Earnings: 9,432,449 USD

Serena is the Great LAF
* If there is a player in the world that is not afraid duel against Williams sisters, that is Jelena Jankovic. What are Serena and Venus in private life, and some are on the ground?
- Serena is cheerful, communicative and ready for a good joke in which not even spare himself or others. She is a great fighter on the ground is very respect for that. On the other hand, Venus is calmer, the very opposite of his sister. She is also mentally weaker than Serena. And, in private life are different from what is seen on the ground.

BUILDING a house in San Diego
* How to advance work on a new home in San Diego?
- Works are in full swing. All goes according to plan and I am very pleased. Can not wait to finish it all and step into my little paradise in the beautiful California coast to the Pacific Ocean. I expect that I 2011th wait a year just in my home in San Diego where I will make preparations for next year - says Elena. - There'll be able to find peace and a place where I can escape in those rare moments of respite between the tournament.

With Ana correctly RELATIONS
* In what you are currently compared with Ana Ivanovic? Give us three things you most appreciate in her?
- I'm with Ana Ivanovic in the correct relationships such as the right opportunity professionals. In particular I appreciate her perseverance, and desire for the triumph of ambition that undoubtedly possesses. I expect that together make a further step in the Fed Cup and bring the joy of many fans in Serbia - Jelena Jankovic is clear.

by google translate

JadeFox
Jan 3rd, 2010, 08:46 PM
Didn`t see this new Blog.:p
Love the way Jelena writes! So cute!:awww:

Can`t wait for more drama and heart attacks as a Jelena Fan in 2010!:sobbing::hearts::lol:

Same here! Bring on the drama 2010! :lol:

дalex
Jan 3rd, 2010, 09:04 PM
Lovely interview. :hearts:

Serena is the Great LAF LIONESS
* If there is a player in the world that is not afraid duel against Williams sisters, that is Jelena Jankovic. What are Serena and Venus in private life, and some are on the ground?
- Serena is cheerful, communicative and ready for a good joke in which not even spare himself or others. She is a great fighter on the ground is very respect for that. On the other hand, Venus is calmer, the very opposite of his sister. She is also mentally weaker than Serena. And, in private life are different from what is seen on the ground.

Do people still doubt these two are BFFs? :lol:

Bobisa
Jan 5th, 2010, 11:23 PM
http://www.pressonline.rs/sr/vesti/sport/story/95095/Bi%07u%20sjajna%20majka!.html?message=ok

google translate

06. 01. 2010, PRESS
Christmas interview ... Jelena Jankovic, eight tennis player in world

I will be a great mother!

When I think about marriage and children, always remember that I have wonderful parents who love brother and me above all.
So I believe I know how all the emotions one day pass to their children

The best Serbian tennis player Jelena Jankovic, in an exclusive Christmas interview with Press says is convinced that
one day be great as a mother! The eight players the world has revealed to us the things that have not told anyone,
and a list of our readers will be able to find out what are her rituals before matches, where he keeps the important memories and that her favorite song.

Favorite number: 28!
Sneakers or shoes?
- Everything depends on the time and opportunity, but more like shoes.
Sandals or thongs?
- Thongs.
Favorite candy?
- Kinder bueno "chocolates.
Favorites transportation?
- Automobile.
Favorite song?
- Survajver "of" Destiny's Child. "
The lucky number?

Jelena says that, like a real lady, trying to never swear, but admits that she is on the ground,
when it is not going well, stealing occasional ugly word.

How about you have a racket and shoes in the house?

- We currently have about 15 racquets and twenty pairs of shoes.

Where to hold sports equipment?

- The cabinet intended for sports equipment.

Do you have an object that you keep as a special memory of dear?

- Yes, the money box small keeper sows which occasionally insert a coin.

Do you have a box where you can save your memories and like to discover what is in it?

- I have a box in which some old letters and pictures. It is part of my intimacy, that keeper only for themselves.

Do you have a special ceremony before the matches, especially those big, important?

- Would not it be called the ceremony. Each match is a big and important, but still I say,
before the special love to spend some time with my team to relax with a joke,
odslušam few favorite songs on mp3 player and then I go to the match.

How do you see yourself in the role of wife and mother?

- Reflections on marriage and children always remind me of my parents who have a wonderful marriage and love children above all.
I think that there are developed and the love of their children and I think we will and we convey to our children.
The most important thing as regards the marriage is to love people, to jointly share the beautiful and ugly things that life carries.

How to swim - with soap or gel?
- Gel.

Favorite scent or one that you currently use ...

- Currently using "Barber Brit and Jessica Simpson fancy hunting.

How long does teeth cleaning, and whether you use a thread with a toothbrush?

- A few minutes. Yes, in addition to mandatory Kaladont and use the brush and floss to teeth.

How to "calming" hair?

- Use serum that nourishes me and makes the hair smooth and glossy.

What do you say to hairdresser when you sit on his chair?

- cut hair for all the money! "(Haha)

How many hours of sleep per day?

- About eight hours.

A little about your favorite diversion, shopping.

- I love shopping. Walking city tour with boutiques and shops and buying things is something that relaxes me and always happy.

Do you sometimes cursed?

- I would not to comment because I try not to Kailan in private life, but when I have the tennis court,
and things do not go as I wanted, happens to me on trips that ugly word.

Belgrade with anything can not compare
Born in Belgrade, you, you have a house in Florida, and have traveled the whole world. Where is the best?
- Belgrade's my home town and it always returns. I love the streets, Kalemegdan, the National Theater,
his energy, and soul that you possess. I can not compare it to any city in the world because - Beograd Belgrade.

S. ĐORĐEVIĆ

дalex
Jan 6th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Favorite song?
- Survajver "of" Destiny's Child. "

Such a refined music taste. :lol:

Favorite scent or one that you currently use ...

- ... and Jessica Simpson Fancy Love hunting.

What do you say to hairdresser when you sit on his chair?

- cut hair for all the money! "(Haha)

:lol:

LoLex
Jan 6th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Odslušam few favorite songs on mp3 player and then I go to the match.

:rocker:

Bobisa
Jan 6th, 2010, 12:07 PM
there are a million mistakes in the google translation .. :smash: sorry guys :awww:

~Kiera~
Jan 6th, 2010, 12:18 PM

There's no hope left for Jelena :sobbing:

-NAJ-
Jan 7th, 2010, 04:45 PM
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/7459/jjes.jpg

http://www.diariouno.com.ar/ovacion/galeria-de-imagenes/?igp=SmVsZW5hIEphbmtvdmlj&isAlbum=1#

Snex
Jan 7th, 2010, 05:14 PM
http://www.ovacion.com.ar/wp-content/fgallery/jelena-jankovic/jelena-17.jpg

:yeah:

Smoothstuff
Jan 7th, 2010, 11:09 PM
:lol: Talk about an unflattering pic

RFS
Jan 8th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Typical JJ - always lead with your ass, honey,... never change!

Brena
Jan 8th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Such a refined music taste. :lol:

She would fit in this forum so well. :hearts:

MaBaker
Jan 8th, 2010, 11:19 AM
She would fit in this forum so well. :hearts:
Beyonce vs Britney :inlove:

дalex
Jan 8th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Beyonce vs Britney :inlove:

Obv. Jessica Simpson is the best! :bowdown:

Brena
Jan 8th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Obv. Jessica Simpson is the best! :bowdown:

...as far as the girls go. But no one compares to that sex God Justin Timberlake. :droolingdroolingdrooling:

marsel
Jan 8th, 2010, 03:00 PM
http://www.pressonline.rs/sr/vesti/sport/story/95095/Bi%07u%20sjajna%20majka!.html?message=ok

google translate

It looks like google translate didn't translate it well. You can read the article on Jelena Jankovic Fansite (http://jelena-jankovic-fans.blogspot.com)
:)

~Kiera~
Jan 11th, 2010, 11:44 AM
More on Fed Cup

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKLDE60A10O20100111

Russia without leading players for Fed Cup opener
Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:11pm GMT

MOSCOW, Jan 11 (Reuters) - Russia will be without their leading players for next month's Fed Cup first-round tie against Serbia, team captain Shamil Tarpishchev said on Monday.

World number two Dinara Safina, third-ranked Svetlana Kuznetsova, Elena Dementieva, Vera Zvonareva, Maria Sharapova and Nadia Petrova are unavailable for the Feb. 6-7 clash in Belgrade due to injuries or schedule issues.

"Unfortunately for us the first-round tie has been scheduled very badly -- in between the Australian Open and a series of tournaments in the United States," said Tarpishchev.

Former world number one Sharapova, who was out for nearly 10 months following a shoulder surgery before returning to action last May, has said she will not play in the Fed Cup this year.

Russia, who won the Fed Cup four times between 2004 and 2008, lost to eventual champions Italy in last year's semi-finals.

~Kiera~
Jan 11th, 2010, 11:48 AM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gH85o7pqrAxVVKzjFDzEeV5qUbhQ

Meanwhile, former world number one Jelena Jankovic is scrambling for extra practice ahead of next week's Australian Open after being dumped out in the first round.

The 2008 US Open finalist paid dearly for a lack of preparation when she succumbed to match-hardened Hungarian qualifier Agnes Szavay, 5-7, 6-1, 7-5.

Jankovic's ring-rusty game fell apart after taking the opening set and her serve was broken 10 times as the 40th-ranked Szavay, coming off two matches at last week's Brisbane international and qualifying here, finished strongly in just over two-and-a-half hours in warm conditions.

"It was my first match of the season and I was a little bit nervous, especially not playing for two months," Jankovic said.

"I trained in Florida, but it wasn't hot. It was unusual, and it was quite cold. So when I arrived here, it was a big change.

"I just want to stay positive, and I hope that I will be ready for Melbourne."

Jankovic, who was top seed at last year's Australian Open, said she was now preparing for a week of practice ahead of the first Grand Slam of the season.

"It's no problem. I have a week to train and to do something," she said.

I'm not so sure about that :unsure:

LoLex
Jan 11th, 2010, 11:51 AM
It's no problem. I have a week to train and to do something

JJ :hug:

Brena
Jan 11th, 2010, 12:00 PM

http://www.rumromanismrebellion.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/sledge-hammer.jpg

''Trust me. I know what I'm doing.''

http://schonheit.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/jelena_jankovic_013.jpg

''It's no problem.''

~Kiera~
Jan 11th, 2010, 12:29 PM
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/tennis/jankovic-campaign-on-track/story-e6frey69-1225818213649

Jankovic campaign 'on track'

FORMER world No. 1 Jelena Jankovic admits she is struggling to adapt to a major overhaul of her serve, but insists her Australian Open chances remain intact despite her shock first-round elimination from the Medibank International Sydney yesterday.

The Serbian world No. 7 joined Sam Stosur as the two major upsets of day two at Homebush, falling 5-7 6-1 5-7 to Hungarian qualifier Agnes Szavay in her first hit-out of the season.

Jankovic was left ruing a match plagued by unforced errors as she battled to contend with the windy conditions on court one to leave her struggling for match practice ahead of Melbourne.

She will enter the first grand slam of 2010 with just 2 1/2 hours of game time, but was adamant the upset would not derail her Open preparations.

"It was my first match for the season and I was a little bit nervous, especially not playing for about two months was a little bit different," she said.

"It was a tough match for me. A little bit windy and difficult conditions, but I tried my best and I just want to stay positive and I hope be ready for Melbourne."

After grinding out the first set 7-5, the 2008 US Open finalist fell victim to a string of unforced errors to slump 6-1 in the second. She then rallied back from 2-4 in the third to serve for the match at 5-4, before finally succumbing 7-5.

After an off-season training with former coach Nick Bollettieri and Jimmy Arias in Florida, Jankovic only arrived in Sydney on Thursday but was adamant the short preparation was sufficient.

"I feel good," she said. "I feel I'm ready to play, but unfortunately today I just didn't bring the tennis I wanted to bring out.

"Unfortunately I didn't feel the ball, I was making too many unforced errors and sometimes it happens."

Jankovic denied it was a risk only entering one warm-up event before a grand slam.

"It's no problem," she said. "I have a week to train."

marsel
Jan 11th, 2010, 12:30 PM
It's shame, don't you think? But the important thing is that she's positive about it. I hope she'll learn something from this defeat.

дalex
Jan 11th, 2010, 12:58 PM
I'm not that worried about her AO chances. They were non-existent to start with. So, yeah - this loss isn't much of a problem. I'll worry when I actually see what her game is like now.

A major overhaul of her serve?

Optima
Jan 11th, 2010, 03:08 PM
At least she's positive and not that worried, I guess. I mean, she was playing like shit and still managed to keep it relatively close [even had a chance to serve for it] and Agnes was playing well for someone coming out of a slump..she could always take the Dinara route and constantly hate on herself, which would be terrible.

Roookie
Jan 11th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Hopefully she can still have a decent season like 2009 :hug:

-NAJ-
Jan 11th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Jelena Jankovic : Tough match. LIttle to many unforced errors. Working on schedule and probably going to Melbourne Wednesday or Thursday.
Facebook page

Optima
Jan 11th, 2010, 06:41 PM
I'm so tempted to comment on her Facebook page and tell her to GET IT TOGETHER.

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 11th, 2010, 07:13 PM
You need to post a link to our forum! Once she sees all the death threats love we have for her, she'll be more than terrified motivated to finally step her game up.:D

~Kiera~
Jan 12th, 2010, 01:00 PM
http://www.tennisnews.com/exclusive.php?pID=30227

MEDIBANK INTERNATIONAL

January 11, 2010

Jelena Jankovic

SYDNEY, NEW SOUTH WALES

A. SZAVAY/J. Jankovic
5-7, 6-1, 7-5

Q. You played well here before. What was happening today? What were you struggling with?

JELENA JANKOVIC: It was my first match of the season, and, you know, I was a little bit nervous, especially not playing for long time, two months, not competing.

It was a little bit different because I was just preparing and, you know, playing practice matches. Not really the same as playing a really match. So it was a tough match for me, you know. A little bit windy today and different conditions, but I tried my best.

I just want to stay positive, and I hope that, you know, I will be ready for Melbourne.

Q. What positives can you draw out of today's loss?

JELENA JANKOVIC: No, I really tried my best. You know, I wasn't playing well. I was not hitting the ball as I wanted to and not serving well either.

But I had some chances, especially in that third set to come back and win it, I was serving for the match at 5-4, and managed to come back after being down 4-2. Then I made some really easy unforced errors. A lot unforced errors from my side.

Just have to clean up some things in my game and do better next time.

Q. Why has this been your first tournament? You didn't enter Brisbane.

JELENA JANKOVIC: You know, that was just my schedule. You know, I wanted to play here, and I love playing here. I had some great matches in the past. You know, I was really excited playing this tournament and hopefully doing well, but unfortunately it didn't happen. You know, that's part of the sport. What can I do?

Q. Is there a gamble just going into a Grand Slam with only one tournament when I guess something like this can happen?

JELENA JANKOVIC: It's no problem. You know, I have a week to train and to do somethings. You know, everything playing one match, just feeling that atmosphere and the crowd, the court, and playing in this kind of conditions, it's, you know, it still gives me, you know, some experience. I will bring that to Melbourne.

Q. What did you in your off-season? Did you do anything different?

JELENA JANKOVIC: Just training and preparing. I feel good. I feel I'm ready to play. Unfortunately, today I just didn't bring the tennis I wanted to bring out. That was the case.

So unfortunately I didn't feel the ball. I was making too many unforced errors. Sometimes it happens.

Q. Where did you go? I guess you did some hot weather training.

JELENA JANKOVIC: I trained in Florida, but it wasn't hot. It was unusual, and it was quite cold. So when I arrived here, it was a big change.

Q. How many days have you had to get used to the conditions?

JELENA JANKOVIC: I arrived here on Thursday, so three days.

Q. Any changes to your coaching staff or group? Who will be with you in Melbourne?

JELENA JANKOVIC: Not for now. I just had some -- when I was in the off-season, I had some help from Jim Arias, and Nick Bollettieri. They were helping me when I was training, but here when I'm traveling, it's impossible.

But I like to get help from different experienced even players or coaches who can help me improve my game. That's what I'm always trying to do: improve and get better as a player.

Q. When you look at your season last year, what do you feel that you have to do to improve this year in order to be more successful?

JELENA JANKOVIC: I think I could improve on everything. There is always things that can be, you know, better in my game. Nothing will ever be perfect, especially on my serve. I'm working on improving that shot. I change a little bit my technique, so I'm still not quite adapted to that stroke. So that gave me a lot trouble today, and I had trouble holding my serve.

But hopefully, you know, as the time goes on, I will feel more and more comfortable with that stroke and I can get some free points and do better on my serve.

Q. What are you trying to achieve by changing the technique?

JELENA JANKOVIC: I want to get some more power and get some pore precision. You know, make my life on the court a lot easier.

Q. Which surface do you think is your best chance of breaking through for a Grand Slam?

JELENA JANKOVIC: I like playing hardcourts. You know, playing on hardcourts is where I grew up. And I also like playing on clay. So doesn't matter. The least that I like is grass.

But as long as you're playing well and in good form and you're healthy, you can do -- you can make a good result anywhere.

Q. How do you feel your chances are now for the Australian Open?

JELENA JANKOVIC: No, I just go out there and play my tennis. I go out there and just try to play the best that I can. We'll see how far I go.

Q. You got the junior title. So you want to...

JELENA JANKOVIC: I got the junior title, and not last year but the year before I was a semifinalist. So we'll see. You know, hopefully I will have a good time. That is my goal.

Q. Your voice sounds a little croaky. Are you well, or is it just a long, hot match?

JELENA JANKOVIC: You know, also air conditioning everywhere, you know, hot and cold, so I get sore throat. My nose is a little bit stuffy, but it's okay. No problem.

Q. Not too bad?

JELENA JANKOVIC: Not too bad.

Q. You were a top seed in Melbourne last year. Do you think not being a top seed might sort of ease of pressure on you in Melbourne?

JELENA JANKOVIC: You know, doesn't really matter if you're a top seed or not. Just every match counts. You don't underestimate any opponent. You go out there and try to play your best tennis in each match.

I will be, I don't know, 8 seed or something like that. So doesn't really matter what kind of seed you are. What matters is how well you're playing and how good your form is coming into the tournament, and of course being healthy and not having any problems so you can go out there and enjoy it and give it a shot.

Q. You held the No. 1 ranking. Do you feel as though you need a Grand Slam to get vindication, I suppose?

JELENA JANKOVIC: Doesn't matter. You know, being No. 1 in the world is something that every player dreams of achieving. And when I will retire and when I will be a grandmother, I can always say I was the best player in the world. Nobody can take that away from me with or without the Grand Slam.

I'm only 24 years old, so I still have many years to play. Hopefully I will one day win a Grand Slam. That is my goal: to win big tournaments and to be up there with the top players.

дalex
Jan 12th, 2010, 02:02 PM
"Nobody can take that away from me" is my new favourite Jeca phrase! :cheer:

~Kiera~
Jan 12th, 2010, 02:14 PM

I'm rather partial to "I'm only [insert age here] years old." :p

дalex
Jan 12th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I'm rather partial to "I'm only [insert age here] years old." :p

That's lovely, but years go by and Jeca's magnificent accomplishments practice sets won stay with her. Nobody can take them away from her.

rucolo
Jan 12th, 2010, 08:28 PM

Also like this phrase:
"... but I tried my best."

But my fave phrase is:
"You know, I was really excited playing this tournament and hopefully doing well, but unfortunately it didn't happen. You know, that's part of the sport. What can I do?"

I love Jelena!:inlove:

-NAJ-
Jan 13th, 2010, 04:28 PM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tennis/roger-federer-andy-roddick-venus-williams-ana-ivanovic-all-spend-eat-big-in-melbourne/story-fn4oewqb-1225818769989
Where do tennis's biggest stars love to go in Melbourne? Shopping, partying, food and the casino are all high on the list of favourites.
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9505/769506jelenajankovic.jpg
photo archive :Jelena Jankovic jet skiing at Sandridge Beach, Port Melbourne with Greg Scott from Life Saving Australia.

MARCOS BAGHDATIS
The charming Cypriot loves Greek restaurant Stalactites, dining on a banquet of delicacies before big matches.
He chilled out with a turn on a Luna Park merry-go-round in 2006, and is also reportedly a customer at a South Yarra Greek deli.

ROGER FEDERER
The Swiss superstar prefers to eat in Crown's restaurants and enjoys the privacy of the hotel's tennis courts and staff gym. He is also a fan of Nobu, and eats breakfast at the Crystal Club with wife Mirka. The couple have been spied shopping at David Jones and Versace.

LLEYTON HEWITT
He and wife Bec keep a low profile during the Open, preferring to spend time with their children Mia, 4, and Cruz 1.They like to stay at Crown or their penthouse in a luxury St Kilda Rd apartment complex.

ANDY RODDICK
The big-serving American is a keen poker player and is often seen in the private poker rooms at Crown. He enjoys dining at the casino's other legendary Japanese eatery Koko.

MARIA SHARAPOVA
The statuesque blonde Russian rates Melbourne in her top 10 favourite cities.On her website, Sharapova says: "I have only been there in summer when the people wear really cute sarongs. And everyone is super friendly." A favourite haunt is Nobu, the Japanese eatery at Crown.

ANA IVANOVIC
"Aussie Ana" enjoys dinner at Southbank on the Yarra River, and shopping in the boutiques along famous Chapel Street in South Yarra."I love Melbourne, it's my favourite city," says Ivanovic, who has relatives here."If Australia wasn't so far from all the tournaments, I would definitely consider living here. After I retire I could move here."

SERENA AND VENUS WILLIAMS
The shopping-obsessed siblings flex their bottomless credit cards in Melbourne, and had a rumoured $30,000 private shopping spree at Versace at Crown three years ago, where they are regulars.They also love to spend big along Chapel St, and in Greville St in Prahran.

JELENA JANKOVIC
The Serbian star last year hit Sandridge beach in Port Melbourne for a spin on a jet-ski, and makes time to shop, visit spas and meet friends for dinner. Last year she took a horse-drawn carriage ride on Swanston St.

RAFAEL NADAL
The Spaniard and his entourage are also regulars at Nobu.He and his manager, father, uncle, fitness trainer, media manager, and a Nike representative dined there about 10 times last year.

-NAJ-
Jan 19th, 2010, 06:24 AM
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2010-01-19/201001191263883886390.html
An interview with:

JELENA JANKOVIC

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. You had a very good 2008 obviously and a slightly rougher time last year. How do you view the return of Kim and Justine? Do you see their return as hurting your chances to get back into the upper rung?

JELENA JANKOVIC: I think it's great for tennis that Kim and Justine are back. I think when they were playing ‑ and I was obviously younger ‑ but they always motivated me to work hard on my game. And, you know, I always played some of my best tennis at the time they were playing.

I played against Kim just when she came back in Montreal or in Toronto, I don't know. I don't remember anymore where we were playing. You know, it's always great. I think they bring a lot to tennis. That's the most important thing. They're both great athletes. That's fun.

For me, I love the competition, even though it doesn't really sound logical that I'm happy that they're back. For me, it is the case, because I love to play against some of the greatest athletes and seeing where I can ‑‑ where is my level. They always bring the best out of me. So I'm happy that they're back.

Q. Did you think it's a bit unfair that everybody is focusing on those two and Sharapova, players that aren't the top 10?

JELENA JANKOVIC: That's the media. You guys are focusing on that. You guys are asking these kind of questions. I mean, what can I do?

Q. Last year you came in as the No. 1 with a lot attention. Do you prefer to be a little bit left alone?

JELENA JANKOVIC: No, I don't really mind. I don't focus on those things. What is written in the papers is not really my job, what I'm thinking about. You know, there's always gonna to be things that are written, good or bad, about each player. I just try to focus on my tennis and what I do best.

I'm here to play and compete. That's basically what I'm thinking about. I don't really think about the, you know, stuff that goes in the papers.

Q. You were rubbing something on your back between sets. Are you hurt again?

JELENA JANKOVIC: No, I'm just a little bit stiff. I don't know, I guess it's from practicing and from staying low. I think also as well when you're playing matches, I think your body is a bit stiffer and you're bending a little bit more.

For some reason, I was a little bit stiff in my back. I will get a massage and I will be okay.

Q. There are some younger players than you that are climbing up the world ranking: Wozniacki, Azarenka. Which one are you most impressed about?

JELENA JANKOVIC: I don't know. There are so many that are good, and nice girls as well. It's as well good for tennis to have some younger generation coming in and bringing some ‑‑ there are some new personalities coming on the court. It's good for the fans. Better entertainment as well, and better competition.

But, you know, I cannot really choose one which I'm the most impressed with. All of them that are coming out, Azarenka, Wozniacki, Radwanska, I don't know, there's ‑‑ they're all good, and nice girls as well. So I don't really want to choose one, because I'm friends with them and it wouldn't be nice.

Q. In Ana's press conference earlier, she was saying that it's nice to see so many new Eastern European players coming up, because they add a lot excitement to the game. She didn't really elaborate, but is that something you agree with?

JELENA JANKOVIC: No, like I said, these younger players, you know, it's nice to see new personalities. Because as well, the last I don't know how many years, it's almost like the same faces coming. You always see the same players all the time over and over again. Same players, you know, each week.

It's nice, you know, especially after playing for many years on the tour ‑ even though I'm 24 years old ‑ it seems like I've been a while here on the tour.

But it's nice to see new personalities, somebody new to talk to in the locker room and to have fun even outside of the tennis court. When we are competing, we are doing or job.

Q. What do you know about Katie O' Brien, talking about new faces around?

JELENA JANKOVIC: I don't know much about her. Didn't really watch her. I cannot really tell much about her game. I really don't know.

Q. Is it a case of talking to other girls in the locker room just to get some idea of what she might be like?

JELENA JANKOVIC: Maybe. Maybe my coach will do some research or whatever. But basically I go there and try to play my game. I will figure it out. Maybe it'll take me a little bit figure it out. But after warmup and a couple games, I will be fine.

It's not like it's my first match. I have experience and I know what I need to do on the court.

Q. Wozniacki is No.4 in the world right now. Are you surprised that she's been able to climb up that high?

JELENA JANKOVIC: You can ask her if she's surprised or not.

Q. She is.

JELENA JANKOVIC: She is? She doesn't think she belongs there or?

Q. No. She thinks that things have been developing very fast for her.

JELENA JANKOVIC: You know, I think last year was really, you know, different year from, you know, maybe the past. Because there was a lot tournaments where a lot of seeds went out, and then some other players who were outside of the top 10, they took advantage of that. They used it.

And especially with the change of the points I think it was great for them, because a lot of times, as you could see in US Open, I don't know, in Madrid, I don't know, in many events, all the top seeds were not performing well due to I don't know which reason. I was one of them.

You know, some of them took advantage. That was the deal.

Q. Just talking about today's game, what was the difference between the two sets? You seemed to struggle a bit in the first set.

JELENA JANKOVIC: Yeah, always first matches are the toughest, especially after not competing for two months. You know, it's nice to feel that rhythm again and feel that atmosphere and the pressure that you have from playing a real match.

It's never the same when you are playing practice matches or doing practice drills on the court. But when you are out there, it's the real deal. It took me a little bit to get ‑‑ you know, to feel comfortable.

I made some errors in the beginning, and then I just tried to stay calm and just tried to focus. Then I came back into the game.

Second set, I figured out what she was doing and what I needed to do. You know, that was basically it. You know, I finished the job in two sets, and didn't need any more than that.

Q. Does it sometimes feel like you're playing at home with all the supporters?

JELENA JANKOVIC: Yeah, I really love that support. You know, it's amazing how many people come to support me, and as well the other players. I think this event, it's very patriotic. You see all the, you know, people from each country, they're dressing up with flags and they're kind of getting together, which is a little bit different from other events.

Which, of course we have, you know, Serbian fans everywhere around the world. But I think here it's a little bit more. You know, they're more involved and very, very loud, which I really, really love that. And as well the fans from the other countries as well.

Mlle Bruni
Jan 19th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Q. In Ana's press conference earlier, she was saying that it's nice to see so many new Eastern European players coming up, because they add a lot excitement to the game. She didn't really elaborate, but is that something you agree with?

JELENA JANKOVIC: No

Never agree with Ana, that's Rule no.1.

MaBaker
Jan 19th, 2010, 10:35 AM
JELENA JANKOVIC: I don't know much about her. Didn't really watch her. I cannot really tell much about her game. I really don't know.

JELENA JANKOVIC: Maybe. Maybe my coach will do some research or whatever.
Sounds promising. She might actually win the title.

дalex
Jan 19th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Never agree with Ana, that's Rule no.1.

:happy:

It's like that on court interview at the AO 2008 when the guy asked her whether the fact that other Serbian players are also going far in a tournament motivates her, or whatever. She answered: "Not really, no ..." and then went on to say that she's happy that they're all doing well.

LoLex
Jan 19th, 2010, 11:05 AM
I love her GS interviews :sobbing:

schorsch
Jan 19th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Q. Looking to your next match, you either have pretty highly ranked seed or Niculescu, who beat you at Wimbledon.

KATIE O'BRIEN: I'm just looking forward to it, whoever it is. Probably will be Jankovic. It's something I really look forward to. Niculescu, I've have problems with her in the past. I'm actually hoping it's Jankovic.

-NAJ-
Jan 20th, 2010, 10:57 AM
http://nickstennispicks.com/2010/01/19/2010-australian-open-%e2%80%93-nick%e2%80%99s-picks-%e2%80%93-women%e2%80%99s-singles-round-2/

Jelena Jankovic (SRB) vs. Katie O’Brien (GBR)
Jankovic had a solid win in the opening round, taking out Monica Niculescu 6-4, 6-0. She reached the semis here in 2008, but lost in the fourth round to Marion Bartoli last year. I have a feeling that Jankovic is going to fare better in 2010 than she did in 2009. She is focused, determined, and ready to roll.

O’Brien, currently ranked #87 in the world, is playing in her second career Australian Open main draw. She qualified last year before falling to Monica Niculescu in the first round. This is only the second time in her career that she has reached the second round of a Grand Slam.

Match-Up:

This is the first career meeting between the 23-year old O’Brien and the 24-year old Jankovic. O’Brien is going to have her work cut out for her in this match. Jankovic spent her off-season training at the IMG Bollettieri Tennis Academy and I can guarantee you that she worked as hard as anyone on the tour to get back into the zone. She is physically fit, playing aggressive tennis, and her strokes are some of the best (especially her backhand). I just feel like Jankovic is on a mission this year and it is going to take a lot to stop her.

Nick’s Pick – Jankovic in 2 sets
i hope that Nick is right about 2010

-NAJ-
Jan 20th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Svetlana Kuznetsova

Q. Will you play against Serbia in Fed Cup?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Uhm, good question. I didn't answer my final decision. I didn't say it yet. But I have to decide it after Australian Open. But probably not.

Q. Do you know who is going to play?

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Like magic box, you know. Surprise (smiling.) I don't think many of like ‑‑ in the press Tarpischev said Zvonareva, Dementieva are not playing, so I don't know.

дalex
Jan 20th, 2010, 11:32 AM
I just feel like Jankovic is on a mission this year and it is going to take a lot to stop her.

I don't know, you know?

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/7645/74275hq4122596loom0jz9.jpg