PDA

View Full Version : Jelena Jankovic News and Articles Thread, vol 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Snex
May 26th, 2009, 05:29 PM
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2009-05-26/200905261243349782765.html

J. JANKOVIC/P. Cetkovska

6‑2, 6‑3

An interview with:

JELENA JANKOVIC

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Are you happy with your game today?

JELENA JANKOVIC: You know, I thought that I started quite well today, especially in the first set. I was controlling points and, you know, was finishing a lot of the points at the net, as well. I thought that I did quite good.

Then I had to stop because of the rain. It's not really easy to come back. I felt a little bit slow after the rain delay when I came back on court again. But, you know, I managed to finish the job in two sets, so I'm happy, you know, to get through.

Q. These past months, you have been struggling a bit with your confidence. Do you think that now you're on the good way to your best?

JELENA JANKOVIC: I think I'm improving every match. I'm trying to improve my game, trying to get in my top form, and, you know, make these little baby steps forward. This is my goal for this moment, and especially for this tournament.

I just want to go one match at a time and try my best, give my maximum every match, every point. And I will see how everything will go for me.

Q. How would you rank your serve today? I know that you've been in a lot of trouble with your serve, first percentage, or maybe trying to find the good one. Do you think there are problems with your serve?

JELENA JANKOVIC: No. Today the serve was all right. I didn't go for too much. And especially the conditions were quite heavy, because especially due to the rain. The balls are much heavier on the court, as well.

So, you know, I just tried to have high percentage, begin my, you know, the points in a good way for me so that I can get, you know, the first try.

Q. You mentioned the rain delay. There might be a new stadium with a roof built in about five years time. Do you think that's a good idea?

JELENA JANKOVIC: It's always a good idea to have a roof so then we can continue the match so that we don't have to stop and wait around,you know, for an hour or more and then come back on court, because it's not so easy, you know, to stop the match and then ‑‑ especially being in the areas over there when you have to eat lunch.

It's so crowded. It's so many people. It's tough to focus and, you know, to have,you know, a relaxing time before you go on court again.

:rolls:

ms_nut
May 27th, 2009, 01:47 AM
I was quite pissed that they asked her only 4 questions (status symbol, you know) in her interview today..:( but then i saw Sveta's interview.. they only asked her 1 question..:tape:

дalex
May 28th, 2009, 02:27 PM
More than 4 questions this time...;)

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2009-05-28/200905281243520201116.html

J. JANKOVIC/M. Rybarikova

6‑1, 6‑2

An interview with:

JELENA JANKOVIC

THE MODERATOR: Questions in English, please.

Q. Are you playing great again?

JELENA JANKOVIC: I think I'm coming back. This is the most important thing for me,especially when you saw me playing a few months ago. It was really disastrous. I was moving terrible. I was making so many errors. My game was completely off, as well as my confidence.

Now I think I'm on the right track, and I'm trying to, you know, get into my form again, the form that made me win a lot of matches last year. It made me the player I was before. So I think I'm doing well at this moment. I hope to continue.

Q. So you're feeling fast. You're anticipating better. You have more confidence in the shots?

JELENA JANKOVIC: Yeah. I'm back to my normal weight, as well. I lost some muscle, and, you know, I wasn't used to -- you know, my body before, I had maybe 7 kilos more than I have now, which is a lot for me. When you put that kind of weight on and you are not used to it, it's tough to move around.

Now I'm back to the position that I used to be In almost all my career, so my game is getting back together. I'm trying to, little by little, play more aggressive and move into the net as much as I can, and, you know, try to improve my serve.

In this moment, I have a little bit, you know, I started to have difficulty ‑‑ strained my muscle in the abdominal, but when I play, I put the ‑‑they put some kind of tape and all this, so it's fine. But when I take it off, it's a little bit bothering me, but hopefully I will get better and better.

Q. Would you rather play just a little bit out of the spotlight rather than being in it like you started the year, the No. 1, the person everyone is expecting to win the Grand Slam?

JELENA JANKOVIC: I want to get back to that spotlight. It's not a matter of being in the spotlight or not being there. It's a matter of playing good tennis and having fun out there. That's the most important thing.

You need to enjoy. You need to enjoy the battle. You need to enjoy the challenges. You need to enjoy everything. You need to go to the courts with a smile on your face.

If you're No. 1 or No. 5 or whatever your ranking is, and you're not happy with who you are or with your game or whatever, or with your job, I don't think it's worth it, really.

So I think I'm enjoying my tennis again, which was not the case the last few months. It was really tough for me to even smile on court with the way I played. It was, you know, even tough to be out there, to be on court. But things have changed, and I hope that, you know, I can just get better and better each time.

Q. United States and Serbia are obviously two very different countries, but say if Obama came to a tennis tournament, people would freak out and so forth. What was it like having the President of Serbia here yesterday and what kind of guy is he? Good guy? Not so good? What's the deal?

JELENA JANKOVIC: What kind of question is that?

It was really a pleasure to have the president come out yesterday and to ‑‑ we had lunch, and we had a meeting with all the Serbian players. For us it's really an honor to have him come here and support us.

No matter what we are doing, he's supporting us. When we make,you know, good results or we win tournaments, he always congratulates us and always gives us words of support.

We are a small country. Before we were not good in tennis. We did not have a tradition in tennis, but now we became really a force in tennis, and we are all very proud of that, and we are very young, as well. So we have many years to play, and hopefully we will make even bigger success in the future.

Q. Do you think he follows tennis?

JELENA JANKOVIC: He does follow tennis.

Q. Did he give you any tips or...

JELENA JANKOVIC: He gave us some tips yesterday. I actually didn't know that. Did you know if you eat fruit after the meal you get fat?

Q. No.

JELENA JANKOVIC: (Laughter.) Really. But not in the morning. If you eat it late in the afternoon or in the evening, it turns into fat. That's sugar.

This is something I heard for the first time.

Q. But anything about the game itself? Anything about the game of tennis itself, aside from conditioning?

JELENA JANKOVIC: No, no. He's not a tennis -- how do you say?

Q. Aficionado?

JELENA JANKOVIC: Yeah, he's not a tennis expert. He's the president. He has his job. He's a big fan. He follows us and he likes to watch us play.

Q. You're going to go in to face an Australian player, Jarmila Groth. You've played her three times before.

JELENA JANKOVIC: Who?

Q. Jarmila Groth?

JELENA JANKOVIC: Who is that?

Q. An Australian.

JELENA JANKOVIC: Is that Gajdosova?

Q. Yes. She's been married this year. How comfortable are you that you'll be successful against her? What do you think of her as a player?

JELENA JANKOVIC: She plays very good tennis, and I played against her, I think, last year on grass, so it will be a tough match. I just try to play my tennis, my game, and hopefully each match I can get better and better and keep raising my level of tennis.

Q. Would you rather be considered a player who can win this tournament or would you rather be grouped in with, say, six or seven other people who could win the tournament?

JELENA JANKOVIC: I don't care about that. There's other girls that are the favorites for this tournament that have done better than me in the last couple of tournaments,and, you know, the beginning of the season.

So the pressure is on them. I'm, you know, just playing one match at a time, trying to give my best. I'm not thinking too far ahead, just focus on the moment, on what I can do and keep fighting hard and we'll see how things will go for me.

Q. When is the last time you played great? Were you close today to playing great?

JELENA JANKOVIC: When was the last time I played great? You know, I could say that was maybe last year at the end of the year. That was when I played great tennis. Now I'm getting better and better, so I'm still not where I want to be, but my tennis is going up. So that is a positive thing.

Q. As long as you don't eat too much fruit and put all the weight back on?

JELENA JANKOVIC: No, no, no. You misunderstood. You should eat fruit before, not after. In the morning,it's good to eat fruit. But when you eat it late in the afternoon, after the meal, it kind of ‑‑ I don't know. It's tough to digest. It turns into sugar. Maybe it's right; maybe it's not. That was the first time I have heard something like that.

So Novak said, you know, he's going to eat more and more fruit. He's trying to gain weight. He has that kind of problem.

Q. What did Ana say?

JELENA JANKOVIC: Ana was not there. She was, I think, playing her match, or I guess she was on schedule to play, so she was ‑‑ she didn't have a chance to be there.

Q. So maybe you should do what the French do and eat all that cheese after the meal.

JELENA JANKOVIC: When it comes to weight, it just depends on what suits you. I've been eating a lot of chocolate, as well, and I kind of lost weight. So I don't know what it is, what kind of metabolism it is, but I tend to lose weight when I'm playing a lot of matches,when I'm competing, because of that pressure and the nerves. I think you burn much more calories when you play a match an hour and a half than when you practice for three or four hours because of all those nerves you have playing. You just burn so much more.

Some :spit: moments there...

Why do RG interviews have so many words glued together!? :weirdo: Took me ages to separate them.

~Kiera~
May 28th, 2009, 02:36 PM
:lol:

For a moment there, I actually thought she didn't know who Groth was :o

ChriS.
May 28th, 2009, 03:22 PM
JJ, GOAT interviewee. JJ, you need to start winning to get back in the spotlight where you belong.

Brena
May 28th, 2009, 03:26 PM
JELENA JANKOVIC: What kind of question is that?

JJ channeling Dinara.

Q. You're going to go in to face an Australian player, Jarmila Groth. You've played her three times before.

JELENA JANKOVIC: Who?

Q. Jarmila Groth?

JELENA JANKOVIC: Who is that?

Q. An Australian.

JELENA JANKOVIC: Is that Gajdosova?

At least as far the post-match interviews are considered, JJ is back on full form. :worship:

And I knew that thing about fruit! ZojaGOAT :bowdown:

~Kiera~
May 28th, 2009, 04:48 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/notebook?page=notebook/tennis05282009

Pumping iron stunts Jankovic's forward progress

Bigger not always better

PARIS -- Jelena Jankovic came striding into the 2009 season with the No. 1 ranking and a new suit of armor -- in the form of rippling muscles -- courtesy of legendary trainer Pat Etcheberry.

Bigger, however, was not better.

Jankovic lost in the fourth round of the Australian Open -- to Marion Bartoli -- and then things got worse. Over a five-match span in February and March, she lost four of those matches to good, but not great, players with names like Kanepi, Pavlyuchenkova and Dulko.

"It was really disastrous," Jankovic said Thursday. "I was moving terrible. I was making so many errors. My game was completely off, as well as my confidence."

You may have noticed that tennis players, as a group, are not built like your typical athletes from, say, the NFL. Jankovic eventually came to this conclusion, so she stopped hitting the iron in the gym, and her weight gradually returned to her normal 130 pounds. She and Etcheberry, who has trained Justine Henin, Monica Seles and Martina Hingis, eventually parted ways.

"I lost some muscle," Jankovic. "I had maybe seven kilos more than I have now, which is a lot for me."

Actually, that's a lot for anyone, but try dragging seven kilos around on a tennis court for two or three hours a day.

Seven kilos? Uh, what would that be in pounds?

"That's easy," said Martina Navratilova, a citizen of the world. "The conversion rate is 2.2. That's almost 16 pounds. She put on too much weight.

"There is obviously such a thing as too much muscle, especially for a tennis player."

Navratilova, who is second on the all-time list with 59 combined Grand Slam titles, knows something about muscles. She changed women's tennis with her weight-training methods and physicality.

Attacking a plate of coleslaw and pickles in broadcast cafeteria, across from Court Philippe Chatrier, Navratilova mused about Jankovic, whose match against Magdalena Rybarikova of Slovakia she broadcast for Tennis Channel.

"She looked good," Navratilova said. "That's a lot of weight, but if you can keep your flexibility and agility at the same time, it can work. She definitely needed to bulk up a little bit, but maybe she overdid it."

Jankovic is small by the standards of today's power players; she survives on movement and angles and guile. In the end, that extra muscle cost her that valuable mobility.

"When you put that kind of weight on and you are not used to it, it's tough to move around," she said. "My game is getting back together. I'm trying to, little by little, play more aggressive and move to the net as much as I can and try to improve my serve."

Jankovic was rarely stressed in her 6-1, 6-2 victory over Rybarikova. She made only eight unforced errors and was her usual, solid, defensive self.

Though new No. 1 Dinara Safina is seen as the favorite here, there is a significant group that, believing Jankovic is perfectly suited to the clay here, is destined to win the title. Last year, she was two points from beating fellow Serbian and eventual champion Ana Ivanovic in the semifinals; and, one imagines, she would have beaten Safina in the final as Ivanovic did.

Can Jankovic win?

"Yes," Navratilova said, raising an eyebrow. "If everything falls into her place. She's under the radar."

Said Jankovic: "I'm enjoying the tennis again, which was not the case the last few months. It was really tough for me to even smile on the court with the way I played. You need to enjoy the battle. You need to enjoy the challenges.

"I want to get back to that spotlight."

Greg Garber is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

Brena
May 28th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Hey, Sar - what a great find!

Can Jankovic win?

"Yes," Navratilova said, raising an eyebrow. "If everything falls into her place. She's under the radar."

:unsure: Does she mean ''if Dinara, Sveta, the WS, Ana and at least another 15 players suddenly all decide to withdraw''?

I can't help it, I'm in such a pessimistic mood. :sad:

JadeFox
May 28th, 2009, 05:17 PM

:unsure: Does she mean ''if Dinara, Sveta, the WS, Ana and at least another 15 players suddenly all decide to withdraw''?

Well JJ can make a good run here if she can keep her head together.

And if she finally breaks out the glitter. Dammit where is that glitter! :fiery:

~Kiera~
May 28th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Could we get a crop duster to dump glitter over her?

ms_nut
May 28th, 2009, 05:30 PM

:lol::tape:

:shrug:I don't think Martina likes JJ very much..even last year, for the SF pick she said how it was all in Ana's hands and was raving about her FH..:mad: I don't think she's seen JJ play her aggressive brand of tennis.

-Valérie-
May 28th, 2009, 05:37 PM

She really meant it. And Navratilova doesn't say things like that just to say them.

Jankovic was impressive at the end of last year. She was! Everything was set so she could lead the women tennis. She has everything to be the best player in the world, she just lost herself in the first half of this season for the reasons we know.

And i really think that it is what Navratilova meants. THat if she find that confidence again, she'll rise!

To cheer you up my friend (or not), she is not in her full form again, JJ herself wasn't really clear about how far or close she was to that form she was in the end of 2008. I am not sure either she could win this tournament without a little luck, but, match after match, she is getting better and better and i'd say it is a good thing she keep a low profil about what she really thinks.

She is on her way back. You mention once that you thought it sucks because that down she had will probably alter her succes, and yes, time past and she is 24. But i think the best is still in front of her.

That would be great if she can run off with that title under her belt, we'll see, but we have to be positive, for her, and give her a chance to bounce back. Which i feel it coming.. don't know if it's now, tomorrow, or at the end of the month, but, we'll know soon enough.

And i still keep my fingers *and toes* cross for that RG.

Brena
May 28th, 2009, 05:52 PM
She really meant it. And Navratilova doesn't say things like that just to say them.
I know, that's what's confusing me the most - when JJ played much better she was criticizing her and now her form has dropped while Dinara's and Sveta's (in particular) has risen, she suddenly thinks JJ might be a contender for this title. :confused:

Jankovic was impressive at the end of last year. She was! Everything was set so she could lead the women tennis. She has everything to be the best player in the world, she just lost herself in the first half of this season for the reasons we know.

I agree. She could have beaten anyone then. :sobbing: We saw what she could do and all of a sudden her form and confidence plummeted. If she hadn't reached that kind of form then I probably wouldn't have been half as much disappointed as I am now.

And i really think that it is what Navratilova meants. THat if she find that confidence again, she'll rise!

I hope so, but I just can't see her winning this even in my most optimistic and unrealistic moments. And that annoys me, I'm so impatient!

And i still keep my fingers *and toes* cross for that RG.

But at least we can try that. :) (and try to jinx all the other contenders mwahahaha:devil:)

Nina.
May 28th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Could we get a crop duster to dump glitter over her?

Nice idea but probably not so easy in the execution. Naima has to do it. She has to stop chasing Gise and start focusing on JJ :shrug:

-NAJ-
May 28th, 2009, 10:53 PM

:shrug:I don't think Martina likes JJ very much..

reason :lol:JJ have positive H2H against Martina in doubles:bounce:

In match against Venus 2007 on RG Martina had all nice words about JJ, her game, Snezana ...

pj5
May 29th, 2009, 03:50 PM
It's interesting with our JJ. No one's giving her a chance and no one's talking about her. even we don't know what to expect. I actually think that Navratilova secretly would love her more than any other to win and be #1.. but it's hard for her to speak against the crowd, and they are all backing safina.

JJ hit her lows, and it's a stuttered rise now. She's hitting some hills and then some valleys. Up and down on this upward journey. Thus it's difficult to see which way she's heading. That's why everyone's quiet. Hopefully that abdominal problem she talks about in the interview will not affect her (think about Jelena Dokic, and anguish of injury.) If she gets to semis (i.e wins her next two matches) ... then anything can happen.

Hopefully she'll win the next match & then the determining marker will be the match against Wosniacki.
That will really tell us what kind of JJ we've got at RG09.

-Valérie-
May 29th, 2009, 08:00 PM
We are all not saying anything because a lot of people know taht without the complciations of her training, JJ would be the winner. Now, it is uncertain where she is in finding her real level again: the level of a champion! It is somewhere, inside her, and we all wish it will get out pretty soon.

I don’t know if Navratilova really wish that JJ wins, but, let’s say it, it would be great because JJ is a player like it used to be : tactic, intelligence, building points. She thinks! Her game is not based on power * although, she can be powerful at times*

She is highlighting the beauty of that sport, and it would be a victory in itself if she could win that tournament. If she is not doing it here, she wil do it elsewhere, one day or another, proving that power is not everything.

But i’ll say it already, let’s take one match at the time and see where it leads.

ChriS.
May 29th, 2009, 09:04 PM

To cheer you up my friend (or not), she is not in her full form again, JJ herself wasn't really clear about how far or close she was to that form she was in the end of 2008. I am not sure either she could win this tournament without a little luck, but, match after match, she is getting better and better and i'd say it is a good thing she keep a low profil about what she really thinks.

She is on her way back. You mention once that you thought it sucks because that down she had will probably alter her succes, and yes, time past and she is 24. But i think the best is still in front of her.

That would be great if she can run off with that title under her belt, we'll see, but we have to be positive, for her, and give her a chance to bounce back. Which i feel it coming.. don't know if it's now, tomorrow, or at the end of the month, but, we'll know soon enough.

And i still keep my fingers *and toes* cross for that RG.JJ says she is getting better but I am not sure there is evidence of that. I only watched one set of her games here (first set yesterday) and the quality of her opponent was so poor that I could have won just as easily! If she get through the next two rounds then we will hopefully see something in her game to give us confidence.

-Valérie-
May 29th, 2009, 10:37 PM
JJ says she is getting better but I am not sure there is evidence of that. I only watched one set of her games here (first set yesterday) and the quality of her opponent was so poor that I could have won just as easily! If she get through the next two rounds then we will hopefully see something in her game to give us confidence.

You said so yourself: she said she is getting better. She didn't say that she was at her best, so, she is the first one to know that there are still adjustement to do and regularity to achieve.

And yes, i agree with you. I mean, i saw her two matches and her opponents were doing a lot of mistakes. Hard for her to establish a rythm if her opponent can exchange more than a few stokes. Tomorrow will be a tougher one. Groth is suppose to have a great serve and maybe she can't give a real good fight to JJ so the Serbian can use it to level up her game before her fouth round.

~Kiera~
May 30th, 2009, 07:47 PM
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2009-05-30/200905301243703166691.html

J. JANKOVIC/J. Groth

6‑1, 6‑1

An interview with:

JELENA JANKOVIC

THE MODERATOR: Questions in English, please.

Q. That was an easy one today. How did you feel out there?

JELENA JANKOVIC: You know, to be honest, my opponent started the match very well, and she started hitting the ball so hard, and I didn't know actually what to expect. But, you know,as the games went on, I really figured out the way to play against her, and then I just did fine, you know. I cruised through the match and did my job, did what I had to do in order to win.

I'm happy to advance tothe next round.

Q. Your opponent in the next round is likely to be Caroline Wozniacki. You only seem to meet at Grand Slams. How have you seen her development recently?

JELENA JANKOVIC: I haven't played against her since US Open, maybe, last year? You know, she plays ‑‑ she's a solid player. She runs around the court, doesn't give you many free points. It will be a tough match. I will just go out there playing my tennis,what I do best, and hopefully I can do a good job. We'll see how everything will go.

Q. Do you suffer in your back?

JELENA JANKOVIC: Not in my back. I'm suffering now, since Rome, you know, I had this problem, but on and off I have a strain in my stomach, in my abdominal, and we did a scan two days ago, and I have a strain for a few millimeters. You know, it's hurting me when I serve, but,you know, I try my best to, you know, just forget about it and try to play, you know, my game. That's all, you know.

You know, as a tennis player, I'm used to having pains and strains and all these kind of things. I try to do the best I can under those circumstances.

Q. What about your expectations here? You think that you're in shape to reach the final?

JELENA JANKOVIC: I don't have any expectations, you know. I just play one match at a time, and I'm just trying to enjoy my tennis, and that's all. I'm not really thinking too far ahead. I'm one point at a time. I'm just staying in the moment, you know, and really trying to do the best that I can.

In the past, I've been ‑‑ I always look too far ahead. You know, I already saw myself in the final, and, you know, all these kind of things and put a lot of pressure on myself, but now I'm not doing that at all. Whatever happens, happens. So just try to play my game, my tennis. We'll see how things will go for me.

Q. Let me ask you a little question about male draw. You think that anybody could beat Nadal here? And what is your favorite player, man player?

JELENA JANKOVIC: There are so many great players, and, to be honest, I'm watching only men's tennis on TV. I don't really watch too much women's.

That's why many times when I play against them, you know, many times I don't know my opponent. Like today, I didn't know who I was playing,and I didn't know that was Gajdosova and her name was Groth, you know?

I try to see the way they play. I think men's tennis is much more advanced than woman's, and if I can try to learn some things and try to add that to my game would be a good advantage.

Q. To beat Nadal here?

JELENA JANKOVIC: To beat Nadal? The players who can do that are Djokovic, maybe Murray. Even ‑‑ I don't know. There are so many great ones that are playing. Federer, of course. And also, Del Potro is playing very well, as well.

We will see, but, you know, there's still a long way to go. We are now only in the fourth round, so anything can happen.

Optima
May 30th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Injury :smash:

terjw
May 30th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Plenty of you know's :lol: But nice interview.

MaBaker
May 30th, 2009, 08:17 PM
JELENA JANKOVIC: There are so many great players, and, to be honest, I'm watching only men's tennis on TV. I don't really watch too much women's.

That's why many times when I play against them, you know, many times I don't know my opponent. Like today, I didn't know who I was playing,and I didn't know that was Gajdosova and her name was Groth, you know?
:bowdown:

:weirdo:

-NAJ-
May 30th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Jelena Jankovic is fast, safe play, plasirala in a Rolan Garos. The only dilemma at the stadium 1 was how much time will the Serbian teniserka to eliminate naturalized Australian Jarmilu Grote (73rd on the list VTA) and how it games leave. In the end, only two have passed games her oponent - 6:1, 6:1. For fifth place in the Quarter-world players players match winners Voznjacki (Denmark) - Kirstea (Romania).
All you former Slovakinja managed to do against Jelena Jankovic was the first and last service of our teniserka. Began Surprisingly, when the former Gajdoš a Grote, made at the start and the brejk with 1:0. All other services to the end of the first set passed the Jeleni, and so was at the beginning of the second set, while Gordon is not taking serve to complete the match, when the Grote again "surprised".
It is not, however, long waiting to the end. But on the service "awake" Grote, Jelena has forced opponents to submit.
- Started the full intensity, and I thought to be much more difficult from the start - Jelena said after the match. - However, things are now turned away after the second gema. I found the game, tactical, I come upon us and a good finished job
slightly in the two sets.
Jelena Jankovic played safe, calm, smart. Grote was not even as bad as it did not give Jelena none chance. So far in the tournament it was all quite easy.
- I do not like to bunim because! Last year I was much more umorila to the finals tournament. For now, keep the power and the right for the next mečeve - emphasized Jankovic.
Both our teniserka, and Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic the day before, beat the rivals with a high difference and secure the game. Major obstacles still coming, but, if this continue, you may be able to achieve the dream of all our fans for a week cross racket in the final, considering that the lot will not join them until the following Saturday.

As pregnant women
jelena came in a press conference after the match with a big bag of ice on the belly below the T-shirts.
- Pain in the ventral muscle, I began to feel more in Rome, but not too obraćala attention. I have it, now and then, from time to time, but I suffered. It started to hurt me a little more, so I went on the record. I have a strain of a few millimeter, and even appeared a little bleeding in the clip. But, I used to suffer, and play. In line with the basic stripes me no pain, but pain in the service. Do not burden the time and try to forget the pain he went out on the field - said Jelena.
Despite all, the smog is a power that, with a large smile, found:
- Because this bag I am look as I am in the fifth month of pregnancy! :)

Happy in love
journalists want to find out what's new in the love life of Jelena Jankovic.
- There is nothing new, everything is old! - Jelena responded immediately and sent to her boyfriend Mlađan Janović not in Paris, because it is currently busy preparing.
Jelena says that is mainly focused on tennis and you do not like too much to the story of private life.
- The only thing about me is to be happy - she said.
And the question of whether it is happy, she added:
- I am! I have a smile on his face, although the pain stomach. Always find a way to laugh and enjoy life, whatever it was. This is the most important - was they mourned with a smile.
http://www.novosti.rs/code/navigate.php?Id=13&status=jedna&vest=147004&title_add=Jelena%20u%20osmini%20finala&kword_add=jelena%20jankovic%2C%20rolan%20garos

дalex
May 30th, 2009, 08:29 PM
and I didn't know that was Gajdosova and her name was Groth, you know?

:spit:

дalex
May 30th, 2009, 08:35 PM
I have a strain of a few millimeter, and even appeared a little bleeding in the clip.

OMG what is this internal bleeding thing? :scared:

MaBaker
May 30th, 2009, 08:40 PM
OMG what is this internal bleeding thing? :scared:
She's probably talking about her period again,but she's trying not be so obvious this time.

дalex
May 30th, 2009, 08:46 PM
^:haha: :haha:

But seriously, that bleeding can't be good.

ms_nut?

~Kiera~
May 30th, 2009, 08:51 PM
She's probably talking about her period again,but she's trying not be so obvious this time.

oneandonly
May 30th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Wait... I feel like I am missing something :scratch:. Don't tell me she talked about her period in a presser :spit:.

MaBaker
May 30th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Wait... I feel like I am missing something :scratch:. Don't tell me she talked about her period in a presser :spit:.
No, she would never do something like that... ;)

Yes

oneandonly
May 30th, 2009, 09:25 PM
No, she would never do something like that... ;)

Yes
:eek:

When??? Do you have a quote? :lol:

MaBaker
May 30th, 2009, 09:31 PM
^I don't have a quote. Kiera ? :crying2:

~Kiera~
May 30th, 2009, 09:47 PM
^I don't have a quote. Kiera ? :crying2:

This one? :lol:

Q. Physically, you're still strong? You're okay?

JELENA JANKOVIC: Yeah, I'm okay. Except in the middle of the second set I started to have pain in my stomach. I had like knives, you know, like knives, like somebody putting knives in it. And I was little bit struggling. And it's quite bloated now, and I can be honest, I think, I could be getting like a woman's things. I cannot lie. So it's quite normal.

You know, I was lucky to finish the match quickly. It helped me, because if I stayed longer on the court it would be difficult for me.

Princeza
May 30th, 2009, 09:50 PM
:haha: :haha:

MaBaker
May 30th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Yes :bowdown: :sobbing:

Brena
May 30th, 2009, 10:04 PM
and I didn't know that was Gajdosova and her name was Groth, you know?

JJ's inner monologues are fascinating as ever.

louisa.
May 31st, 2009, 03:04 AM

:spit: :sobbing: :sobbing:

freeyourstyle
May 31st, 2009, 08:50 AM
:lol: :lol:
she's just the best ...

~Kiera~
Jun 1st, 2009, 08:11 PM
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2009-06-01/200906011243886494259.html

S. CIRSTEA/J. Jankovic

6‑3, 0‑6, 9‑7

An interview with: :weirdo: Jankovic

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Long, long match. It seems thatyou have maybe not the energy to finish it off.

:weirdo:: Yeah, it was a long match. To be honest, I kind of let down in thesecond set. You know, I should have wonthat, you know, game at 2‑0. It was along one, and I give her huge lead.

And then we have to go,you know, of course in the third set. I serve at 6‑5. I had 30‑Love, and that'swhen I should have went more for my shots and reached a little more and triedto finish off the match point by point.

You know, we were tied at 6‑All, you know,and all these games. At the at the end of the day didn't go in my favor. Really tough match and tough loss for me.

Q. How were you feeling on the court? Because you had a problem with the feet, with one foot, or what?

:weirdo:: Yeah, I had problem with my ‑‑ with something with my toe, you know. I had ‑‑ it was hurting me inside, and ‑‑ you know, but after that it was fine. I forgot about it.

I also have pain in my abdominal. But, no, when I'm on the court I just try to just forget all the pains that I have, and I just try to do the best that I can on the court and try to win.

But, unfortunately it didn't happen for me today.

Q. Is there something very difficult in her game?

:weirdo:: It's not something difficult in her game. When you have 6‑5 and you have 30‑Love and need two more points to go ‑‑ it's now for me easy to say, you know, I should have gone for more and I should have risked. But I didn't do that, and, you know, it cos tme the match.

I should have won that. I should've closed the match outat 6‑5. I had 30‑Love, and what more can I ask for myself? All of a sudden, point by point, and the game went in her favor and everything got complicated.

The longer we played I got a little bit tired, to be honest. But for sure she was also tired.

At the end, you know, I lost the match, so this is what counts. Doesn't matter what happened on the court. It's just the winner that gets through ‑‑ goes through this match and goes to the quarterfinals.

Q. Did you know how well she could play?

:weirdo:: I didn't know how well she could play, but Iknow how well I can play. I'm not producing that game, so it's obvious, you know. The way you play, this is the result you're going to have at the end of the day. That's all I can say.

I cannot control how she's playing or what kind of game she has. All can I do is control my thing and what I can do best. But obviously I'm not playing the same game and not same style as I used to play last year, end of the year when I was winning a lot of matches and was the No. 1 player in the world.

So unfortunately, some things have to ‑‑I have to learn and I have to change.

Q. You struggled a lot at the beginning of the season, and then it seems that it was much better, that you were improving maybe slowly, but you were improving. Do you think you are still far from your best, from the best you can do?

:weirdo:: No, I need ‑‑ you know, I need my confidence back. I need this ‑‑ you know, when it's important points, important moment of the match, I need to, you know, go for my shots. I need to have that belief that they're going to go in.

But because I played quite poorly in the beginning of the year, my game was, you know, a catastrophe. It was really painful even to be on court. It's a little bit lack of confidence out there in the important moments, but hopefully this will change in the future.

I have to, you know, try to keep working and try to find my game for the, you know, for the future.

Q. Are you going to change your coach, or you're still working with your coach?

:weirdo:: I don't know yet. I cannot tell you. You're asking me too much after the match. You know, I really don't know what I'm going to do.

Brena
Jun 1st, 2009, 08:19 PM
^Sarah, you're an artist! :worship:

JadeFox
Jun 1st, 2009, 08:25 PM
Nice smilies Sarah. :lol:

At the very least, she knew she could have(and really should have) won that match. I guess that's something.

MaBaker
Jun 1st, 2009, 08:25 PM
I also have pain in my abdominal.
Period again ?

дalex
Jun 1st, 2009, 08:29 PM
I hate you, Jelena! :D

I think we at least deserved a semifinal loss from you. She and her confidence. When did she have one?

I hate you, Jelena! :D

maya-serbia
Jun 1st, 2009, 08:34 PM
Pooooor Ricardo!!

Brena
Jun 1st, 2009, 08:36 PM
Pooooor Ricardo!!

And it's not even his fault! :bigcry: Now she'll fire a great coach and will be even more lost!

ChriS.
Jun 1st, 2009, 08:38 PM
I need to, you know, go for my shots. I need to have that belief that they're going to go in.You cannot win unless you believe in yourself. Her movement is better than it was at the beginning of the year but her confidence is very low - she has not had any confidence building wins this year. Maybe she can learn from some other players who are making a comeback - hopefully Sveta can show her the way (though I would not bet on it).

дalex
Jun 1st, 2009, 08:41 PM
Pooooor Ricardo!!

Poor Ricardo...Yeah right - I love the guy but he should have slapped some sense into Jelena. She wouldn't be losing left and right if he was doing his job well in the first place, during the off-season.

Kampi
Jun 1st, 2009, 08:41 PM
Thank you Sarah:wavey::kiss:

It's not something difficult in her game. When you have 6‑5 and you have 30‑Love and need two more points to go ‑‑ it's now for me easy to say, you know, I should have gone for more and I should have risked. But I didn't do that, and, you know, it cos tme the match.nothing more to say Jelena...oh wait.....

"Run...because the last train is leaving the station.....so jump on the wagon with the name "determination" and sit down on the seat which is called "aggressiveness" and show the porter your ticket with the destination "GS win", then the porter will inform you about the stopovers "serve training", "forehand power" and "killerinstinct".

So Jelena.....hurry up and jump on that train, please.

In terms of that...

...GO(dspeed) Jelena (finally);):bounce:

Brena
Jun 1st, 2009, 08:46 PM
Poor Ricardo...Yeah right - I love the guy but he should have slapped some sense into Jelena. She wouldn't be losing left and right if he was doing his job well in the first place, during the off-season.

That's mission impossible, I'm afraid.

дalex
Jun 1st, 2009, 08:53 PM
But Markus, that's never been her game. I think the reason for her bad play this year is that she feeling lost after trying to change so much in the off season. Bless her, but she's never gonna be full time aggressor, I'm afraid.

Poor baby Janka. I love her. :awww:

duhcity
Jun 1st, 2009, 09:32 PM
And it's not even his fault! :bigcry: Now she'll fire a great coach and will be even more lost!

His confronting attitude and his lack of ability to improve JJ's serve is ridiculous.
She has an average first serve, but make the second serve average at least, and she'd be winning more points.

I'm getting the feeling this minislump will last through 09.

Brena
Jun 1st, 2009, 09:37 PM
His confronting attitude and his lack of ability to improve JJ's serve is ridiculous.
She has an average first serve, but make the second serve average at least, and she'd be winning more points.

I'm getting the feeling this minislump will last through 09.

But how come she played (and served!) so well at the end of last year if Sanchez is a bad coach? That was the game she should have stuck to, there was no reason for any changes, she was able to beat anyone then. I don't know who's fault it is everything went downhill in only a couple of months (off-season months, what's more). :scratch: And I'm not sure it would be easy for JJ to find another coach that suits her. She could end up just getting even more frustrated and never recover if she chooses a wrong coach. :shrug:

-Valérie-
Jun 1st, 2009, 09:42 PM
She knows what her problems are, this is a huge thing. This loss is very sad, and she is the first one to know. Although, i think she didn't expect anything from this RG, since she struggle the months before but she was counting on it to boost up her confidence.. And i think what is hard for her is that even if she say she has nothing to prouve, she fell the pressure and people are very harsh at time.

THere is a something i was wondering though: the last month of the year in 2008, Pat was there, right? She was amazing there, she had started her training already?

Because, yes, she overworked in the off season, but i now agree with Navratilova, she needed that off court training, but she over did it, (6 to 8 pound would have been more then enough)it screwed up her speeed, and then her confidence. I really think she is back where she was last year, at the beginning of it, and this match could be compare to the hard one she won at the Australian open, except she was serving first and had the chance to save her ass a couple of time and she finally won.

I still have faith... She will digest this loss and, she will work even harder.

Not sure if changing her coach is a good thing, or a bad thing, i mean, he was with her last year. Although, she seems to want to change her way of playing so... we'll see.

Optima
Jun 1st, 2009, 09:45 PM
Basically, I'm not sure even she knows what she's doing or trying to improve anymore :shrug:

She kept saying just a little less than a week ago she was getting better and better with each match.

Uh, sure Jelena.

-NAJ-
Jun 1st, 2009, 09:45 PM
Who will be her new coach? JJ is tough for coaching. so i hope she will hire an experienced coach who will improve her serve and work with on mental problems
last few months she was looking at her box too much. after every lost point. it's not good sign. she must not be angy after lost point on that way.

Go jelena it's time for new victories

-Valérie-
Jun 1st, 2009, 09:47 PM
This match wasn't that bad. I was surprise when she said she let go of the second set? I mean, a set is never over till it's over.. Beside, that kid play good tennis, she knows it was to her to level up her game and she knows she didn't.

I am sure she is going to kick some asses again, but, we won't except it...

~Kiera~
Jun 1st, 2009, 09:52 PM
Who will be her new coach?

Who knows? She spent several years trying to get Sanchez to coach her. Perhaps we'll see her new coach in 2011.

дalex
Jun 1st, 2009, 10:10 PM
Jelena only started to make good results once she found Sanchez. I don't think she can afford being alone.

I know I wouldn't wanna coach her! I was in shock when I heard that "Positive, yeah right!" comment from her. And she had that nasty look on her face. Later on she said to her box "What? How? Do you see how she's hitting the ball?" all in Serbian. That girl is a wreck. To say something like that while she was so close to the victory playing nowhere near her best... She almost never went for the lines with her backhand and she was hitting those all the time last year. I even think forehand was almost her better shot today (aside from those few idiotic attempts to hit short crosscourt forehands). :tape:

MaBaker
Jun 1st, 2009, 10:27 PM
But she wasn't like that before. It's like she just suddenly turned to some nervous, grumpy grandma. And it's started this year at AO, they weren't arguing on the court last year.

-NAJ-
Jun 1st, 2009, 10:30 PM
Jelena only started to make good results once she found Sanchez. I don't think she can afford being alone.
I agree. US open 06, Auckland 07, Sydney, Rome and whole 2008 he was with her but sometimes player need new energy. Time to change something.
Ana and Sven worked fine till RG last year and then she lost her focus and this year she have new coach but Sven is doing good job with other players and Ana is still in trouble with new coach. That move bring risk but without risk you can not success
I just want to say that I don't think that Ricardo is bad coach he just is not for her right now:tape: but like i said new coach will bring new thing and that also in beagining will not be easy period:help: She must try ,what else:confused:

But she wasn't like that before. It's like she just suddenly turned to some nervous, grumpy grandma. And it's started this year at AO, they weren't arguing on the court last year.
she wants to much when she is on court.
she was calm when oponent hits good vinner(in past i think it was her good thing but now every vinner she take too much emotional lol) and now she looks at Ricardo saying him with - i did not do right thing in this point, i should do it on different way...
it's too much thinking on court

ChriS.
Jun 1st, 2009, 10:58 PM

I know I wouldn't wanna coach her! I was in shock when I heard that "Positive, yeah right!" comment from her. And she had that nasty look on her face. Later on she said to her box "What? How? Do you see how she's hitting the ball?" all in Serbian. That girl is a wreck. To say something like that while she was so close to the victory playing nowhere near her best... She almost never went for the lines with her backhand and she was hitting those all the time last year. I even think forehand was almost her better shot today (aside from those few idiotic attempts to hit short crosscourt forehands). :tape:Such a diva! I thought on court coaching was not allowed. She needs someone to put her in her place.

дalex
Jun 1st, 2009, 11:15 PM
It wasn't really coaching - they (Sneki) were willing her to be positive, to fight, that she can do it... But Jelena :cuckoo:

Kampi
Jun 2nd, 2009, 06:55 AM
But Markus, that's never been her game. I think the reason for her bad play this year is that she feeling lost after trying to change so much in the off season. Bless her, but she's never gonna be full time aggressor, I'm afraid.

Poor baby Janka. I love her. :awww:

But she MUST go for her shots and she MUST be ready for it. Risk something. Yesterdays match was just another good example. And yes, what frightens me the most is, that it seems that she lost all her confidence. Even her mighty BHDTL was not spotted yesterday. And because of that, she will most likely never be the main story on finals day of a GS. Face the facts. She must be ready for a change. Not a total change, because this is not possible anymore, but to make the decisive steps. And she should try to achieve that with a new coach and some mental advisers. Working hard on her serve and her forehand, too. But the main thing is, to break that evil demon inside her head. She already reached very far, but the time has finally arrived where she must head into some other direction. Otherwise this is her limit and the thing is, that she would need a lot of luck, even when she is on the top of her actual game. She can do it, but of course it's the toughest challenge. But the saddest thing would be NOT to try it at least.

дalex
Jun 3rd, 2009, 01:52 PM
Serbia's drawn Russia for FC WG1 next year in February:
http://www.fedcup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=12492

Serbia to face Russia on its World Group debut
Serbia was handed a tough task on its Fed Cup World Group debut, when it was drawn to face Russia in the first round of the 2010 competition. To a loud cheer from Serbian Tennis Federation president Slobodan Zivojinovic, Serbia was then drawn at home as the two nations have not before in the competition.

Fellow World Group debutant Ukraine was also given a home tie against 2009 finalist Italy, while France will host the other finalist USA. The remaining tie sees Czech Republic at home to Germany.

In World Group II, all three promoted nations will start their campaigns at home. Estonia, in its first-ever World Group II appearance will take on Argentina, while fellow debutant Poland hosts Belgium and Australia returns to World Group II with a home tie against Spain. China travels to Slovak Republic in the remaining tie.

The draws for the 2010 Fed Cup by BNP Paribas World Group & World Group II were made at the Tenniseum at Roland Garros on Wednesday and are as follows:

2010 World Group

Italy (s)
v
Ukraine (c)

Czech Rep (s)(c)
v
Germany

Serbia (c)(*)
V
Russia (s)

France (c)
v
USA (s)

Key
(s) = seeded nation
(c) = choice of ground
(*) = choice of ground decided by lot

First round ties to be played 6-7 February.

Seeded Nations - according to ITF Fed Cup Nations Ranking: 1. Italy, 2. USA, 3. Russia, 4. Czech Rep

Some comments from JJ and Ana:
http://www.mtsmondo.com/sport/vesti/text.php?vest=136657

Jelena...
Russia is the toughest opponent we could have got, but we were lucky 'cos we'll play at home. If it was the other way around, if we had to play in Moscow, it would be a disaster because this tie is played right after the AO, in February. We would have to go from playing in temperatures +30 deg C to playing in temperatures -30, from outdoors to indoors.

This way, when we're playing at home it'll be warmer in every sense possible - the atmosphere, home crowd, and our winters are not as cold - everything is better in Belgrade.

Russia has a strong team, they have many top players to choose from, but Ana and I have played against them all and managed to beat all of them before. The most important is that we're healthy and hopefully we can bring joy to our people again.

Ana...
It will be an exciting tie. Russia is, no doubt, the toughest team we could have drawn, but I'm really happy we'll play at home. The draw wasn't easy one, but it should be interesting.

We'll play in front of many of our fans and I'm sure the atmosphere will be great. I already can't wait for the matches to begin.

Whatever...

Brena
Jun 3rd, 2009, 02:08 PM
What Ana really said:

It will be an exciting tie. Russia is, no doubt, the toughest team we could have drawn but JJ and myself are such two GOATs that they don't stand a chance. I'd be especially exciting to play Elena Dementieva, because she really appreciates my sense of humour and is such a great match-up for me, while my BFF Jeca would love to draw Pavlyuchenkova.

~Kiera~
Jun 3rd, 2009, 02:17 PM

Home or away, they're still both going to get their asses kicked by the Russian team.

MaBaker
Jun 3rd, 2009, 02:20 PM
^Not only by the Russian team :) Well, Ana is safe ;)

Brena
Jun 3rd, 2009, 02:25 PM

Oh, Ma, we're gonna have such great time throwing things at cheering for JJ. :hearts: I really can't wait.:bounce:

~Kiera~
Jun 3rd, 2009, 02:25 PM

Please, kick hers too. She got JJ involved in this :weirdo: habit of losing right after her.

MaBaker
Jun 3rd, 2009, 02:29 PM
Oh, Ma, we're gonna have such great time throwing things at cheering for JJ. :hearts: I really can't wait.:bounce:
I told you we should've threw my lighter at JJ's head, but noooooo, we decided to be nice :rolleyes:

-Valérie-
Jun 3rd, 2009, 02:30 PM
Let's be positive and think that JJ will play first. Beside, it's only in February 2010, our Goat will be back by then, with a grand slam title under her belt!

Snex
Jun 3rd, 2009, 03:37 PM
Ceca :scared:
Dinara :scared:
Demented :scared:
Bepa :scared:
Masha :scared:
Nadia :scared:
Pavlyuchenkova :scared:

Is there any end of the list? :scared:

-NAJ-
Jun 3rd, 2009, 04:10 PM
Ceca :scared:
Dinara :scared:
Demented :scared:
Bepa :scared:
Masha :scared:
Nadia :scared:
Pavlyuchenkova :scared:
Is there any end of the list?

They are all good players but JJ can beat them :shrug:also Ana so lets wait and see what will happen

Snex
Jun 3rd, 2009, 04:15 PM
They are all good players but JJ can beat them :shrug:also Ana so lets wait and see what will happen

Jelena must win both matches because Ana will surely lose to Demented. :shrug: And then Ana must win her second match. Well, they always play good for the Fed Cup team, so let's hope that they will win. :silly:

-Valérie-
Jun 3rd, 2009, 04:18 PM
I think that the fact that they play in Serbian will really help. I am sure by this time, JJ will be back on track but for Ana, i am not so sure of that.

If we are worried about JJ's performance, things seem countained now, even if not great, but for Ana, she has been in that state for a year now.

-NAJ-
Jun 3rd, 2009, 04:22 PM
Ana have bad h2h with Elena but no way that she will surely lose from her. They had tough matches(some of them Ana had in her hands but she lost:help:) and our crowd will gave Ana more energy to win so i think we have 45% chance to win:unsure:( i hope :lol:)

-Valérie-
Jun 3rd, 2009, 04:26 PM
Ana have bad h2h with Elena but no way that she will surely lose from her. They had tough matches(some of them Ana had in her hands but she lost:help:) and our crowd will gave Ana more energy to win so i think we have 45% chanse to win:unsure:( i hope :lol:)

Well, it is so far away, maybe Dementieva will be retired by then. :lol: No seriously, the fact that they seem very patriotics will help them against the Russian, especially at home.

-NAJ-
Jun 3rd, 2009, 04:32 PM
I think i will go to see Jelena and Ana next year it's a golden oportunity to see them live and to play against great players. Also It's nice oportunity to see cry baby vera( i love her also) and other russian players (elena, sveta, maybe dinara..;)

-Valérie-
Jun 3rd, 2009, 04:35 PM
I am going to see both of them to, if they come to the Roger Cup in Montreal. JJ should be there, this is almost certain. And since it's a tournamenet to get ready for the US open, i am going to see a lot of them. It's the men his year so...

But if you go at this Fed CUP, wow, you are going to have great tennis.

дalex
Jun 3rd, 2009, 05:25 PM
Sveta was asked about Fed Cup draw today?

Q. Russiais playing Serbiain Fed Cup. What do you think about it?

SVETLANAKUZNETSOVA: Different question. Where do we play? In Russia? In Belgrade? Well, bad luck for Russian guys, because thecrowd is going to be going nuts.

I think ‑‑ I thinkit's going to be tough for Russian guys.

Q. You mean girls?

SVETLANAKUZNETSOVA: Ah, girls?

Q. Fed Cup.

SVETLANAKUZNETSOVA: Oh, sorry. Sorry. Fed Cup next year already. It'sstill too long ‑‑ we still in middle of the year and we're talking aboutnext year.

Q. But the draw was today.

SVETLANAKUZNETSOVA: Well, I still trying tofocus on my Serena's match, you know, and not thinking about next year Fed Cup(laughter.)

Well, first of all,about myself, I want to say that Shamil, before asking me to go for Fed Cupthis year, he say, Only come this year and next year I will let you go. This is what he told me.

I don't know yet. My schedule, I don't know is question alittle bit too advanced for myself. Butit's going to be very tough, because Ana, Jelena and Belgrade is three very difficult things toplay against.

But if we have our best team, we cando well.

-NAJ-
Jun 3rd, 2009, 08:49 PM
ITF honour Navratilova, Nadal and Jankovic
The tennis family gathered last night for the ITF World Champions Dinner, held at the Pavillon d’Armenonville in Paris.

As well as celebrating the achievements of the 2008 ITF World Champions, the ITF Board of Directors presented its highest accolade, the Philippe Chatrier Award, to tennis legend Martina Navratilova. Former British Davis Cup player and current television broadcaster Andrew Castle hosted the evening with ITF President Francesco Ricci Bitti presenting the awards, trophies designed by internationally-recognised sculptor Laurence Broderick, to the World Champions.

This year’s recipients were Singles Champions Rafael Nadal (ESP) and Jelena Jankovic (SRB). Due to the fact that they’d lost in the French Open on Sunday and Monday (respectively), they sent their apologies via video acceptance. Jose Luis Escanuela (President of the RFET) accepted Nadal’s award on stage, and Serbian Tennis Federation President, Slobodan Zivojinovic, proudly received Jankovic’s trophy and said a few words about Serbia’s success in the sport.

Other winners collecting their trophies on the night were Doubles Champions Daniel Nestor (CAN) and Nenad Zimonjic (SRB), and Cara Black (ZIM) and Liezel Huber (USA); Junior Champions Tsung-Hua Yang (TPE) and Noppawan Lertcheewakarn (THA); and Wheelchair Champions Shingo Kunieda (JPN) and Esther Vergeer (NED), who received the trophy for a record ninth year. There was also a presentation to Women’s tennis pioneer Peachy Kellmeyer , who was honoured with the ITF/ITHF Golden Achievement Award on stage.

After being awarded the Philippe Chatrier Award, Martina Navratilova thanked her parents and tennis for giving her such a fulfilling life and career and singled out former Czech Grand Slam champion Jan Kodes, who was present at the dinner, as a childhood inspiration. Navratilova, whose love for tennis led to a 33-year career, paved the way for future generations of her sport, many of whom she was playing against when she finally retired in 2006 at the age of 49.

Following her defection to the United States as an 18-year-old, the Prague-born player brought a new level of athleticism to the women’s game to become the most dominant player in her sport. In particular her rivalry with Chris Evert from the mid 1970s to late 1980s was legendary, and spurred her on to greater success. Navratilova went on to win 167 singles, 177 doubles and 10 mixed doubles titles in her career, an open era record for both singles and doubles. Instantly recognisable and as well known off the court as on it, Navratilova’s influence extends to the many charities that she supports.

http://www.itftennis.com/abouttheitf/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=20104

ce
Jun 3rd, 2009, 10:55 PM
:sobbing:

-NAJ-
Jun 4th, 2009, 07:08 AM
JJ is in Belgrade
they caught her at the airport
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5189/jecav.jpg
look at Sneki:(:lol:

She said that she will use time while she is in serbia to rest and recover from stomach injury.
Also she thinks that very soon Novak, Ana and she will be on right track

JadeFox
Jun 4th, 2009, 07:36 AM
JJ is in Belgrade

She said that she will use time while she is in serbia to rest and recover from stomach injury.

Okay this ruins my image of Sneki. I always imagine her as someone who would NEVER push her own luggage. She's too glamorous to do something so common. :lol:

louisa.
Jun 4th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Okay this ruins my image of Sneki. I always imagine her as someone who would NEVER push her own luggage. She's too glamorous to do something so common. :lol:

:rolls: its probably all Jelena's stuff.

JadeFox
Jun 4th, 2009, 07:45 AM
:rolls: its probably all Jelena's stuff.

*Smacks forehead*

But of course! :lol:

Brena
Jun 4th, 2009, 07:46 AM

I don't think that's her luggage - it must be the things her spoiled princess daughter bought on Paris sales. :rolleyes:
And what are YOU grinning at, spoiled princess daughter?? :mad: Ma, why weren't we at the airport to wish her welcome??

EDIT: Lou was faster to point out the tragic truth! :lol:

Wrekin
Jun 4th, 2009, 08:25 AM
^ This picture :speakles:

I can't believe my eyes.

Wrekin
Jun 4th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Of course. That must be it ;)

дalex
Jun 4th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Sneki :awww:

NAJ, can you post the link?

-NAJ-
Jun 4th, 2009, 08:46 AM
=> http://www.alo.rs/sport/15832/Jelena_Bicemo_opet_oni_stari

дalex
Jun 4th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Thanks. Love the title bellow article "Eh, there is only one mother!"...:spit:

Sneki is definitely one of a kind. :bowdown:

:lol: At Jelena saying the reason Serbs lost is because they're tired from flying around the world all the time, practices, matches....

Yeah, babe, maybe you shouldn't, like, go from Madrid to Belgrade for some sunglasses shopping, then to Paris for some training for RG, then to Cannes for red carpet activities and back to Paris so you can lose in R4 to Cirstea....

Get it together on grass!

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 4th, 2009, 09:02 AM
JJ is in Belgrade

:speakles: :awww: :hug:

Spoiled b!tch:inlove:

ce
Jun 4th, 2009, 09:30 AM
JJ :haha:

~Kiera~
Jun 4th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Jelena. Nice to see you letting your mother push everything :tape:

:lol: At Jelena saying the reason Serbs lost is because they're tired from flying around the world all the time, practices, matches....

That's a load of crap and she knows it.

ChriS.
Jun 4th, 2009, 11:10 AM
JJ is in Belgrade

Also she thinks that very soon Novak, Ana and she will be on right trackObviously her mum is well now if she can push all her luggage uphill! Good to see that JJ as a professional athelete never does anything too strenuous in normal life.

-Valérie-
Jun 4th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Ok, there is certainly a logical explanation to it! Her mom probably insisted to take over after some time. :rolleyes::confused:

And i hope you guys are not still digesting her defeat.. She obviously did, grinning from ear to ear. Or she spotted the camera! :lol:

Snex
Jun 4th, 2009, 11:41 AM

:o :awww:

дalex
Jun 4th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Or she spotted the camera! :lol:

This.

Princeza
Jun 4th, 2009, 12:24 PM

Your daughter :fiery:

Snex
Jun 4th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Your daughter :fiery:

No, honey. She's not my daughter. :angel: My son, even though he's a little kid, carries his bags with his small hands, and even helps me when we go shopping. :drool: My child could never be like JJ. JAMAIS!!! :(

Princeza
Jun 4th, 2009, 01:52 PM
No, honey. She's not my daughter. :angel: My son, even though he's a little kid, carries his bags with his small hands, and even helps me when we go shopping. :drool: My child could never be like JJ. JAMAIS!!! :(

You disowned JJ :speakles: I understand

Cilla
Jun 4th, 2009, 01:54 PM

JJ :tape: :o

MaBaker
Jun 4th, 2009, 02:46 PM
lol, but it's Sneki's fault, she spoiled her.

JadeFox
Jun 4th, 2009, 02:50 PM

Exactly! She gotta get it from somewhere! :( :p

-Valérie-
Jun 4th, 2009, 02:51 PM

If she could, Sneki might even want to play tennis to! :tape: que mala soy!

Snex
Jun 4th, 2009, 05:59 PM

Yes. I am not strict with my kid at all, but if i let him now doing whatever he wants, what will be later?

-Valérie-
Jun 4th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Yes. I am not strict with my kid at all, but if i let him now doing whatever he wants, what will be later?

It will let you push a loaded trolley at the airport? :lol:

I still can't believe that. My mom often complains when i do things like that for her: "i am not that old, i am not that old". But still, i won't let her carry 3 full loaded back, especially if there are all my shopping from Paris. Although, in this case, it will be hers. :lol:

дalex
Jun 6th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Ana Ivanovic is also in Belgrade and (of course) she's doing interviews left and right...

She was (again) asked about her relationship with Jelena, this is what she said:

It's superb! We play together, cheer on other girls in the team - we have a great team spirit. The more we get to play together for the Serbian team, it's gonna get even better.

Idyllic. :dance:

http://www.novosti.rs/code/navigate.php......... (http://www.novosti.rs/code/navigate.php?Id=13&status=jedna&vest=147563&title_add=Bi%C4%87u%20opet%20%3Cbr%2F%3Ekao%20neka d&kword_add=ana%20ivanovic%2C%20tenis)

Brena
Jun 6th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Ana Ivanovic is also in Belgrade and (of course) she's doing interviews left and right...

She was (again) asked about her relationship with Jelena, this is what she said:

Idyllic. :dance:

http://www.novosti.rs/code/navigate.php......... (http://www.novosti.rs/code/navigate.php?Id=13&status=jedna&vest=147563&title_add=Bi%C4%87u%20opet%20%3Cbr%2F%3Ekao%20neka d&kword_add=ana%20ivanovic%2C%20tenis)

:rolleyes: yeah, yeah... It's easy to think that now, but she'll be in her full manic fistpumping mode again once she meets JJ in RG qualifications next year...

дalex
Jun 6th, 2009, 03:27 PM
:rolleyes: yeah, yeah... It's easy to think that now, but she'll be in her full manic fistpumping mode again once she meets JJ in RG qualifications next year...

:haha:

MaBaker
Jun 6th, 2009, 03:33 PM
LOL

:tears:

~Kiera~
Jun 6th, 2009, 03:41 PM
"Superb" may be stretching the truth just a tad :o

Snex
Jun 7th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Jelena's website is becoming as boring as Ana's website. :tape: :o There's nothing for fans that they don't already know.

1. Jelena chewing gums,
2. Jelena shines on Cannes red carpet :rolleyes:,
3. Serbia meets Russia in Fed Cup...
4. WTF??? :(
5. WTF??? :(
6. WTF??? :(
7. - II -

JELENAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! :cuckoo: 'Ajde bre, write something for your fans ffs!!! :mad: If you don't address us ASAP, i swear i'll get you in February 2010 (and screw up your 2010 season like you screwed up this one)!!!

RFS
Jun 7th, 2009, 06:08 PM
^^ why wait 'til feb 2010? Can't you get to her earlier?

-NAJ-
Jun 7th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Her web team is bad. I think even I would be better webmaster. It's not hard

Snex
Jun 7th, 2009, 06:35 PM
^^ why wait 'til feb 2010? Can't you get to her earlier?

No, dammit! She's hiding somewhere with Mladjo. She totally ruined his career and now doing the same with her own! But in February 2010 we'll be closer to each other, face to face, and i'll get her. :drool:

BTW, the club that he left became the Europen Champion for 2009. I visited their website (http://www.vkprimorac.com) and LMAO when i read the messages that the fans wrote to him last year. One of them is: Go, betrayer, go. You sold yourself and betrayed your mates and your birthplace for one cu.t. :rolls:

LMAO :haha:

RFS
Jun 7th, 2009, 06:37 PM
^^ Lord... JJ winning fans everywhere I see :lol:

~Kiera~
Jun 7th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Jelena's website is becoming as boring as Ana's website. :tape: :o There's nothing for fans that they don't already know.

I think Ana's site is about 100 times better, if you exclude the stupid adverts on every page. She has a full schedule listed. A Q+A section (which admittedly is pretty dire at times, but at least the option is there) A news section which appears to be updated daily. The media gallery is pretty extensive, too. It's not exactly earth shattering, but at least it takes more than 5 minutes to look around.

Mony
Jun 7th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I don't think that Ana's Website is better because is more boring,you're all right about the JJ's web team and I agree with you.I think that Jelena have to change her team,why not give this responsibility to her mother

RFS
Jun 7th, 2009, 08:31 PM
I think Ana's site is about 100 times better, if you exclude the stupid adverts on every page. She has a full schedule listed. A Q+A section (which admittedly is pretty dire at times, but at least the option is there) A news section which appears to be updated daily. The media gallery is pretty extensive, too. It's not exactly earth shattering, but at least it takes more than 5 minutes to look around.

Let's see...
Today - I got blisters
Yesterday... I got blisters
Day before... oooh I lost my glitter
NEWSFLASH ... SVETA.... SHE STOLE MY GLITTER

Snex
Jun 7th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Let's see...
Today - I got blisters

:o True. Ana's site is better because it is really being updated on daily basis. You can see her newest pics and read the latest news. But she has her PR team that sucks time to time, but they work at least. JJ has not the PR team, which tells enough about her carelessness. She doesn't care a hell for anything. Her webmaster can't publish anything that comes to his/her mind. :shrug: The newest pic in Photo Gallery is from Australian Open 2008. :tape: ... i can't open plenty of files in the press page... :o ... ... ...

Jelena, are you reading this? I want to change my job. I work in the field of public relations, so if you want a good PR manager i offer you my services. Yes, yes, i'm expensive but :yeah: :lol:

~Kiera~
Jun 7th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Let's see...
Today - I got blisters

:o True. Ana's site is better because it is really being updated on daily basis. You can see her newest pics and read the latest news. But she has her PR team that sucks time to time, but they work at least. JJ has not the PR team, which tells enough about her carelessness. She doesn't care a hell for anything. Her webmaster can't publish anything that comes to his/her mind. :shrug: The newest pic in Photo Gallery is from Australian Open 2008. :tape: ... i can't open plenty of files in the press page... :o ... ... ...

Her bio only goes up to January 2008, too. It looks like she's died or something :tape:

Snex
Jun 7th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Her bio only goes up to January 2008, too. It looks like she's died or something :tape:

:rolls: :haha: :o :awww:

~Kiera~
Jun 8th, 2009, 12:01 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1191473/Mike-Dickson-New-look-Queen-s-stellar-occasion.html

Uncle Toni puts his foot in it

Part of the fallout from Rafael Nadal’s defeat last week included comments on Spanish radio made by his devoted coach and uncle Toni, about the partisan support Robin Soderling received during the match.

‘The Parisian crowd is pretty stupid. I think the French don’t like it when a Spaniard wins.

'They show the stupidity of people who think themselves superior,’ were among Toni’s observations.

Some might agree with him, but was he really doing his charge a favour by being so outspoken about their Parisian hosts?

As the likes of Maria Sharapova have found out, one characteristic of the crowd here is that they have a long memory, and they may not forget this.

Speaking of Rafa, there was reluctant acceptance of his decision not to turn up to the ITF Champions Dinner in Paris last Tuesday, where the great and the good gather to honour the world No 1s.

He obviously had other things on his mind, such as getting his knee examined.

A dimmer view was taken of the non-appearance of Jelena Jankovic, last year's season-ending world No 1, who could not be bothered to stay one extra night after her fourth-round exit to receive her award.

-NAJ-
Jun 11th, 2009, 12:40 PM
It's time for cream and strawberries!

New blog on JJ web site.

She is writing from Belgrade. She is going for England today

~Kiera~
Jun 11th, 2009, 12:46 PM
She's alive :bounce:

It's time for cream and strawberries!

My dear fans,

I know, I haven't written you for a long time, but, I believe you will understand me. After the historic victory in Lleida, where in the Fed Cup we triumphed over Spain easily, and for the first time in history qualified for the World A group, I had a bad period regarding health conditions, and therefore the results. I got ill during the Fed Cup in Lleida, where I played both matches under the high fever, exhausted, but the fight for Serbia is alwaus above everything.

I gave more than I could from myself at that moment, but in the end we reached the desired goal - the fact that on February 6th and 7th, 2010. we are going to play again in the Arena, one more time in front of our home fans we will fight for Serbia, and make road to the Fed Cup trophy, which is now closer that ever.

After the Fed Cup was finished, series of tournaments on clay followed - Stuttgart, Rome and Madrid, where I have played not even close of what I expected and wanted, because the cold and exhaustion after Lleida held me long, so I haven't been able to played several matches in a row not to be tired and exhausted.

In Rome I had an abdominal muscle injury, which is quite a terrible injury, because it requires stillness, and I was in the middle of the clay season. I began with the therapy at once, but it didn't help me a lot. I haven't talked about it untill Roland Garros. I believed that the pain would go away, and that everything would stabilize, and that I would finally come to Paris in good health and ready for new victories. Unfortunately, it wasn't the case. The abdominal muscle injury got even worse in Paris, and during the service I had great problems, having felt strong pain. In the first couple of matches, I tried not to think about the injury, and to concentrate maximally in order to achieve desired results as soon as possible, just as well not to stay on court too much. The situation remained the same until the last sixteen when I became very nervous, my laughter and concentration were gone, the thoughts were directed only to the possibility of even getting even more injuries, everything turned upside down, and so it ended with the premature saying goodbye to Paris.

Something remarkably nice happened to me just before Roland Garros started. I was a special guest on the most glamorous event of this years film festival in Cannes auction night "Cinema against AIDS". I had the honor to collect the funds for the fight against AIDS along with the Hollywood stars. At the auction I offered a match against me, which accepted certain businessman from Monte Carlo for 45.000 euros. When I stepped on "red carpet" I found myself to be under the siege of flash lights and cameras, which was something unexpected for me, because world movie stars walked on that same carpet. I didn't expect to draw the same attention as they, but it was just like that. They shouted my name from all sides, and something I only watched in special shows from great movie festivals Oscar ceremony and similar happened to me. I wore extremely expensive jewelry, the last hit of Chopard as well as exclusive dress made by the designer George Hobeika. I spent time with the greatest movie stars, celebrities from fashion industry and business, among whom the hostess was Sharon Stone. The company at my table was Hollywood actor Josh Hartnett, while on stage I had a speech with Donatella Versace. It was a wonderful and new experience for me. The only thing I didn't like was my hairstyle, so the whole time I complained to have a nest on my head, and that I wanted to make the hair loose, but it was so tied and fixed with hair lacquers that it stopped me from doing that.

After the defeat in Paris I came back to Belgrade, where I spent a week on therapies, in order to heal the injury and in to be healthy for the tournaments on grass. The week at home passed quickly, mostly in chasing the embassies to get my visas, and I had to take the new passport. But, everything isn't that bad, there are nice moments too. These seven days in my home town meant a lot to me. My whole family gathered, I met with dear friend and cousins, whom I didn't have the opportunity to meet often, because of the professional obligations. I enjoyed the domestic cuisine, especially eating plum dumplings which I adore. I went to the hairdresser's, and had my haircut a bit, also changed the color tone, but it is not very different from my natural hair color.

I am writing you just before I am leaving for England. Soon I will be at Nikola Tesla airport, and I'll arrive to Eastborn today afternoon, where I'll play the first tournament next week. Wimbledon follows after Eastborn, where I will have, of course, strawberries with cream.

Your Jeca loves you
Kiss

MaBaker
Jun 11th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Your Jeca loves you
Kiss
Yeah, yeah...Win some titles, ok? :kiss:

дalex
Jun 11th, 2009, 02:24 PM
I tried not to think about the injury, and to concentrate maximally in order to achieve desired results as soon as possible, just as well not to stay on court too much. The situation remained the same until the last sixteen when I became very nervous, my laughter and concentration were gone, the thoughts were directed only to the possibility of even getting even more injuries, everything turned upside down, and so it ended with the premature saying goodbye to Paris.

Bullshit. Abdominal injury can't transfer on her toes. :rolleyes:
She got nervous and lost her concentration alright, but it was because of her shoe.

Get it together, Jelena.

Kiss,
Alex loves you, too.

The only thing I didn't like was my hairstyle, so the whole time I complained to have a nest on my head...

:lol: True.

-Valérie-
Jun 11th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I knew the abdominal injury was a complicated one to heal, she might not be even ready for her next tournament. This might explain why it was so complicated to play on the fouth round match but it doesn't explain why she lost, because she was 2 points to win it, on her serve.

A girl needs to have an explanation for everything! ;) I like better what she told in the after match interview. As long as she knows the real reason of it and manage to close her match next time she is in this situation, i won't say a word! :tape:

p/s: i am glad she didn't like her hair on that evening at Cannes.

ms_nut
Jun 11th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Val & Alex, you both hit it spot on...:worship:

:( She should have won the match.. no ifs or buts... Sorana was hitting pathetic 2nd serves and JJ was just..:help: 5-4 30-0 and then 5-5 15-40 2BPs.. (you can tell i'm still not fully over it)

Dear JJ,

You may be goat and all.. but :rolleyes: . You simply have too many excuses..it's always something.. it's your coach, or your training regimen or injury..ultimately, it's your career .. you are responsible for it.. no one forced you to do anything... Woman up and for once say it right.. "I screwed up"...

Oh and in case you couldn't tell.. i love you too JJ..:kiss::hearts:

"Win them all" © :angel:,
Your nutty fan.

© This phrase is a copyright of the nutty dictionary dedicated to JJ.. any unauthorized use of this phrase will be prosecuted to the fullest degree as applicable under existing laws.

-Valérie-
Jun 11th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Val & Alex, you both hit it spot on...:worship:

:( She should have won the match.. no ifs or buts... Sorana was hitting pathetic 2nd serves and JJ was just..:help: 5-4 30-0 and then 5-5 15-40 2BPs.. (you can tell i'm still not fully over it)

Dear JJ,

You may be goat and all.. but :rolleyes: . You simply have too many excuses..it's always something.. it's your coach, or your training regimen or injury..ultimately, it's your career .. you are responsible for it.. no one forced you to do anything... Woman up and for once say it right.. "I screwed up"...

Oh and in case you couldn't tell.. i love you too JJ..:kiss::hearts:

Your nutty fan.

© This phrase is a copyright of the nutty dictionary dedicated to JJ.. any unauthorized use of this phrase will be prosecuted to the fullest degree as applicable under existing laws.

She didn't say it in those words "i screwed up" but in the after match interview, she did say: "It's not something difficult in her game. When you have 6‑5 and you have 30‑Love and need two more points to go ‑‑ it's now for me easy to say, you know, I should have gone for more and I should have risked. But I didn't do that, and, you know, it costme the match".

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2009-06-01/200906011243886494259.html
for those who missed it.

That it is why, even if she gave excuses to us in her blog, i think she really knew what happened then and what to do next time. I am just going to keep quiet till similar situation happen.

дalex
Jun 11th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I am just going to keep quiet till similar situation happen.

It's sad that it happens quite often so you won't have to be quiet about it that long.

*Alex patiently awaits the day Valerie will start b*tching about JJ like every other (ab)normal JJ fan*

:angel:

Brena
Jun 11th, 2009, 05:18 PM
She's alive :bounce:

But for how long will I let her stay that way? http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0078.gif

-Valérie-
Jun 11th, 2009, 05:23 PM
But for how long will I let her stay that way? http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0078.gif

Over my dead body!!!

She may makes us angry, or sad again, but i won't ever give up on such Drama! :lol: Sorry Misery! And let's not forget all those times she made us happy. And there are going to have days like that again.

~Kiera~
Jun 11th, 2009, 05:32 PM
She may makes us angry, or sad again, but i won't ever give up on such Drama! :lol: Sorry Misery! And let's not forget all those times she made us happy. And there are going to have days like that again.

1. Wimbledon
2. :scratch:
3. :confused:
4. :shrug:

;)

-Valérie-
Jun 11th, 2009, 05:45 PM
1. Wimbledon
2. :scratch:
3. :confused:
4. :shrug:

;)

1. Marbella 2009
2. When she defeated Ana at the WTA championship 2008
3. Moscow 2008
4. Stuttgart 2008
5. Bejiing 2008
6. US open 2008
7. to .... Her stat in 2008 was 65-19, i call it a lot of time she made us happy.
66 to.. And i think she had 73 victories in 2007.
143. her victory against LIKHOVTSEVA, ELENA, her first victory after 10 losses in a row.

I called it happy time, wouldn't you? ;)

дalex
Jun 11th, 2009, 05:48 PM
;)

oneandonly
Jun 11th, 2009, 05:53 PM
I find Valerie's optimism, fully-formed positivity and general lightness of touch a severe antitode to the rest of our ... occasional grumpiness, cynicism, skepticism and world-weariness. :lol:

Much needed balance to our forum, our Ying and Yang if you like.
Occasional :spit:? Dude, it's more like full-time :rolls:.

Wrekin
Jun 11th, 2009, 06:23 PM
I called it happy time, wouldn't you? ;)

Happy results , maybe.

Most of the way there we're having siezures :sobbing:

Snex
Jun 11th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Jelena's blog... injuries... :rolleyes:

I think she's preparing us for early exits from Eastbourne and Wimbledon. :tape:

-Valérie-
Jun 11th, 2009, 08:18 PM

I think she's preparing us for early exits from Eastbourne and Wimbledon. :tape:

Mais non!

Come on Guys, i can't possibly think that the most consistente girl in 2008 is going to sunddenly play only bad tennis all year long. She had bad time, ok! She is not going to win a tournament that easily, ok! she will surrender easily, no way!

Step by step, she can easily win 3 matchs in a row, this it is what she did in her 2 last tournaments. I can't prononce my verdict for wimbledon yet, but i am sure she will do good in Eastbourn. Just wait and see!

-Valérie-
Jun 11th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Happy results , maybe.

Most of the way there we're having siezures :sobbing:

I have 4 words for you: i do not agree.

JJ won several great battles, i can make you a list of them to!

-NAJ-
Jun 11th, 2009, 08:29 PM
I hope she is ok. It's all i want.;) We all saw that she had problems with her serving before she told us about that injury. It was obvious that she had problem and that she could not serve ok (on her standard level) during one hour or more

MaBaker
Jun 11th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Bullshit.

http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0078.gif
:speakles:

JadeFox
Jun 11th, 2009, 08:39 PM

Considering that she was playing better when she was always injured, a part of me is saying "Bring It!" :rolleyes: :lol:

Snex
Jun 11th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Considering that she was playing better when she was always injured, a part of me is saying "Bring It!" :rolleyes: :lol:

:lol: But the circumstances are different now. That's the problem. She reached that damn #1 spot and that's killing her now. She can't find the motivation. The only motivation is winning a GS title. I'm sure that she'll do her best to win it sooner or later, but atm she's still somewhere over the rainbow. :shrug:

louisa.
Jun 11th, 2009, 09:09 PM
:rolls: well glad she didn't like that hairstyle either :P

Eastbourne is yours Jelena :kiss:

-Valérie-
Jun 11th, 2009, 09:41 PM
:lol: But the circumstances are different now. That's the problem. She reached that damn #1 spot and that's killing her now. She can't find the motivation. The only motivation is winning a GS title. I'm sure that she'll do her best to win it sooner or later, but atm she's still somewhere over the rainbow. :shrug:

You are half right: somehow yes, the #1 spot has to do something with the actual problem, but, it isn't a motivation problem. I am sure she is highly motivated. Being #1 without a slam, it isn't something she wants to end her career with. And, beside, i am sure somewhere inside, she wants to add some more week to this #1 ranking.

THe problem is the lack of confidence: when she lost in RG, she admitted that she didn't go for her shot, she didn't play aggressive, because she was afraid: afraid to miss! If you are afraid to miss, it's because you lack of confidence.

And if the #1 spot has something to do with it, it's because of everything that had been said. This add pressure and can she plays with pressure? When she didn't went for her shot, it was because she was afraid to lose and i am sure she was playing that tape in her head all over again.

And yes, somehow, that might caused a little lack of motivation. IT's a circle. And she needs to break that circle.

-Valérie-
Jun 12th, 2009, 12:38 PM
From "The Argus" by Steve Hollis

Serb stars hope to turn fortunes around at Eastbourne
Former world No. 1s Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic have got a point to prove at Eastbourne next week.

The Serbian pair looked to have the world at their feet when they spent a combined total of 30 weeks at the top of the rankings last season.

The battle to be world No. 1 almost became a private dispute between them while the likes of Serena Williams and the rest could only look on.

Ivanovic proved she was not just a pretty face when her sensational victory at Roland Garros 12 months ago saw her crowned as the best player on the planet.

Jankovic ousted her two months later but her place in the spotlight lasted just a week before Ivanovic knocked her off the top of the pile.

Williams briefly intervened in the squabble for bragging rights between the two compatriots before Jankovic regained the mantle of world No. 1 in October.

It has not been quite such a happy story for the pair since and they arrive at the AEGON International with some critics already suggesting their best days are behind them.

A combination of injury and poor form has seen Ivanovic tumble down the rankings with her fourth round defeat to Victoria Azarenka at the French Open last month leaving her a lowly 13th.

Jankovic’s fall has not been quite as spectacular but she arrives at Devonshire Park keen to halt a slide which has seen her drop five places from No.1 since February.

Eastbourne may not seem the obvious place to relaunch a bid for world domination but both are acutely aware that a good grass court season could turn their fortunes around.

It will be Ivanovic’s first appearance at Devonshire Park and she is hoping for a good run to boost her confidence ahead of Wimbledon.

Ivanovic, 21, said: “I am excited about coming to Eastbourne. Grass court tennis is a very different type of tennis but I think it suits my game.

“On grass you need to be very focused because the point can be over very quickly if you relax and allow your opponent an opportunity to hit a winner.

“I have quite a good serve and I like to hit powerful shots early in the rally.

“I also enjoy coming to the net. I’ve had some success at Wimbledon in both juniors and seniors and one of my dreams is to win Wimbledon.

“Playing at Eastbourne looks like the perfect preparation before Wimbledon. I was meant to play four years ago but unfortunately I had to withdraw because of injury.”

The pair will certainly not have it easy in what is probably the strongest field at Devonshire Park in years.

Fifteen of the world’s top 20 players are due to battle it out for the trophy with only Dinara Safina and the Williams sisters missing from the top 13.

Jankovic is likely to be only the third seed behind Elena Dementieva and French Open champion Svetlana Kuznetsova while Ivanovic is unlikely to be seeded at all.

Ivanovic will be making her debut at Eastbourne but Jankovic is back for the first time since 2005.

The 24-year-old does not have happy memories of Devonshire Park though having lost in the first round to Kim Clijsters on her one and only appearance and is determined to improve on that disappointing showing.

Jankovic said: “It has been a while since I was last in Eastbourne but I’m really looking forward to returning.

“The tournament has a great tradition of seeing its winners end up victorious two weeks later at Wimbledon and I hope this year it can provide a springboard for me as well.”

Since we are thinking that those 2 players are mayne in sync, i thought it was appropriated to post that here.

~Kiera~
Jun 12th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Ivanovic, 21, said: “I am excited about coming to Eastbourne.

Never in doubt ;)

Princeza
Jun 12th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Merci Valérie ;)

Never in doubt ;)

I would be concerned if she didn't say it each time.

Never in doubt that they'll both lose too :inlove:

~Kiera~
Jun 12th, 2009, 12:59 PM

If those two met in the final, they'd both find a way to somehow lose :bowdown:

RFS
Jun 12th, 2009, 01:05 PM

LMAO!!!

Princeza
Jun 12th, 2009, 01:05 PM

They'd probably withdraw after the semis, the thought of reaching a final and winning a title would be too scary. Not to mention the fright of seeing the reflection of their own idiocy in the opposite part of the net.

-Valérie-
Jun 12th, 2009, 01:07 PM

That is a optimist way to see things Kiera :lol:

I think it is time to break that circle to, and let's hope Jelena will hold to this third seeded rank and make it to the semi, at least. That it is what i said it would happen!

Let's go Goat!

When i read quote from Ana, i can't help but smile at how fast she must have said all of that. This girl talk faster then her serve :lol:

ce
Jun 12th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Merci Valérie ;)

I would be concerned if she didn't say it each time.

so true :tape::help:

дalex
Jun 15th, 2009, 11:29 AM
http://www.pravda.rs/images/10097.jpg

So cute. This little girl is playing tennis and her idol is JJ as you can see on the t-shirt. :awww:

Here's what she says about Jelena.
http://www.pravda.rs/sport/9767/uzor-mi-e-elena-ankovi

- I especially remember meeting Jelena Jankovic. It wasn't planned. One day I was going to practice (she's practicing at TK Gemax) and saw our famous tennis player. I approached her and asked her if she would like to play against me. She accepted without giving it too much thought. I asked her to wait while I warm up. As she was following my warm-up session she was laughing so hard she started tearing. Then we played the match, it doesn't matter who won. Since then we became friends.

What did Jelena say to you after the match?
- She said I was a cute girl and that I played very well and that I should just train hard. She gave me a lot of advice.

Then she won her first trophy.
-... When I got my trophy, Jelena Jankovic was practicing for AO and I went to her practice session so I can show it to her. I told her: "Jeca, I won a trophy, just like you". She gave me a hug and congratulated me. She showed me how to hold the trophy saying "honey I wish you to hold many more trophies like this and fill your house with them". Also, she gave me some more advice for future tournaments.

We found out that you're friends with our tennis players?
- Yes, I told you about Jelena and I've met Viktor Troicki, Ilija Bozoljac and Nenad Zimonjic. I saw Ana Ivanovic passing by and I wish to meet her too. My sister adores her.

You're friends with everyone. Who do you cheer for?
- For all of them.

Nevertheless, choose one name.
- Jelena Jankovic. When she's playing I always say "Come on Jeca, you're the queen!"

-NAJ-
Jun 15th, 2009, 11:43 AM
:crying2:

So cute :worship:

~Kiera~
Jun 15th, 2009, 11:46 AM
See? She can be nice sometimes :awww:

дalex
Jun 15th, 2009, 11:51 AM

Yes she can. :awww:

Though, I can't really remember when was she not nice. I forget.

louisa.
Jun 15th, 2009, 11:56 AM
:awww: adorable :awww:
Jelena, don't let this kid down, ya hear?! :( :sobbing:

ms_nut
Jun 15th, 2009, 11:58 AM

I'm glad the girl wasn't a ballkid for JJ...

pj5
Jun 15th, 2009, 12:04 PM
::lol::tape:

I'm glad the girl wasn't a ballkid for JJ...
:lol::lol:

Foon_JJ
Jun 15th, 2009, 12:07 PM
http://www.pravda.rs/images/10097.jpg

So cute. This little girl is playing tennis and her idol is JJ as you can see on the t-shirt. :awww:

Here's what she says about Jelena.
http://www.pravda.rs/sport/9767/uzor-mi-e-elena-ankovi

Her name is Anja, she is so cute :)

Mony
Jun 15th, 2009, 01:27 PM
any news about JJ's new coach?

~Kiera~
Jun 15th, 2009, 05:42 PM
http://www.lta.org.uk/News/All-news-items/2009-06-15/Jankovic--Ljubicic-host-masterclass/

Jankovic & Ljubicic host masterclass

Four of Sussex’s best young tennis players were treated to a rare master class when Ivan Ljubicic and Jelena Jankovic took time out of their schedule at the AEGON International to pass on some world-class advice.

Brighton’s Abbi Melrose, Sam Cissell and Sam Rice and Uckford’s Kyria Dunsford, are all AEGON FutureStars, meaning they have been recognised by the LTA and AEGON as four of the best 420 juniors for their age in the country.

The four promising youngsters spent half an hour hitting with former top ten player Ljubicic, who knocked out No.7 seed Andreas Seppi in the first round, and the LTA's head coach of women's tennis Nigel Sears, before Jankovic, the No.3 seed at Devonshire Park, dropped by to reflect on her youth and offer tips.

“I remember I was so skinny and small at 15 and 16. But little by little I made little improvements and tried to get better and better and keep improving,” said the 24-year-old Serb.

“I think you [need to] try to make small steps forward. You don’t become the world’s best just like that. Then experience for sure plays a big part.

“What these young players have it is very nice, when I was younger I didn’t have anything like this.

“For me to be a junior and to see a club player come and give me advice, it was very important. I think it is important to inspire and motivate them and be a good role model for them.

“Believing in yourself and enjoying it is important. You need to do it with a smile.

“I am pleased to be back [in Eastbourne]. I played once before, maybe three or four years ago. I’m enjoying the nice weather.

“I’m just trying to enjoy my tennis and adjust my game for grass.”

Melrose, who is in the midst of her GCSEs, said the opportunity to hit with two professional players was priceless.

“It was brilliant, just amazing. I don’t know what to say. Having Ivan behind you while you are playing and offering advice was so good,” said the 16-year-old from Dorothy Stringer School.

“Jelena was telling us how hard it is to become the world’s best and that she has been working for a long time; it didn’t just happen overnight.

“It was great to see how hard Ivan hit the ball, especially his serve, and to get top tips from him.”

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/3559/2009jankovic20lubjicicj.jpg

Snex
Jun 15th, 2009, 05:46 PM
“Jelena was telling us how hard it is to become the world’s best and that she has been working for a long time; it didn’t just happen overnight.

How many times we heard this. :lol:

ms_nut
Jun 15th, 2009, 05:55 PM
JJ (to junior): My advice is that you have to take small steps, little by little....

Junior: Then why did you try to bulk up so fast ? Does that mean you don't follow your own advice?

JJ : Well ... the best advice to you is to keep your trap shut..can't you see i'm here because of the cameras, you twit.. now let's just smile and pretend it's all good between us...

-Valérie-
Jun 15th, 2009, 06:00 PM

Well, i am sure those who play tennis know how hard it is to achieve results like JJ did... And that it is what she is doing right now to be back at the top: step by step.

Snex
Jun 15th, 2009, 06:14 PM
JJ (to junior): My advice is that you have to take small steps, little by little....

Junior: Then why did you try to bulk up so fast ? Does that mean you don't follow your own advice?

JJ : Well ... the best advice to you is to keep your trap shut..can't you see i'm here because of the cameras, you twit.. now let's just smile and pretend it's all good between us...

дalex
Jun 15th, 2009, 06:28 PM

Cruella De Jankovic? :spit:

Brena
Jun 15th, 2009, 07:03 PM

JJ: you see that smudge on the ground? That was a little boy just like you who kept passing me balls from the left...

MaBaker
Jun 15th, 2009, 09:22 PM

Jankobitch :inlove:

~Kiera~
Jun 16th, 2009, 02:58 PM
http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/uk/news/article_1483930.php/Exhausted_Jankovic_faces_motivation_emergency_with _Wimbledon_looming_

Exhausted Jankovic faces motivation emergency with Wimbledon

By Bill Scott Jun 16, 2009, 14:36 GMT

Eastbourne, England - Former number one Jelena Jankovic confessed Tuesday that she would take a break from tennis immediately were it not for Monday's start of Wimbledon.

The third-seeded Serb complained of weakness in her legs and an uncomfortable feeling on the grass during her first match of the season on the surface, a 6-7 (5-7), 6-3, 6-2 loss to Anna Chakvetadze at the Eastbourne Championships.

'I'm missing motivation at this moment,' said Jankovic, who finished 2008 atop the WTA rankings and now stands sixth. 'I'll play Wimbledon and then we'll see. At least I can take a few weeks off then.'

The volatile Jankovic has always played on emotion, her feelings hard to hide.

The current problem seems to be the quick adjustment to grass where a different set of movement and skills are required for the brief three-week span.

'I wish I could take a break now,' said Jankovic, winner of a clay title in Spain two months ago but a fourth-round loser at the French Open. 'I need to get to where I want to play tennis again.'

Jankovic has been dissatisfied with her form ever since gaining seven kilograms of muscle during the winter season. She is now trying to lose it after it restricted her movement and feel on the court.

Switching over to grass has not been the easiest task.

'It was my first grass match (this season) and it was tough to get the rhythm out there. I started so slow,' she said after trailing 5-1 but winning the first set against the Russian. 'I didn't feel comfortable.

'But going for the low balls, my legs got tired, in the third set, I didn't have the injury to get down low.

'If you don't do that, the balls got right by you. I thought I had the match under control and was dominating. but it's so easy to get out of rhythm.

'I need to get back the desire to fight and work hard in the matches.'

By contrast, Danish sixth seed Caroline Wozniacki was all smiles with her defeat of Russian Alisa Kleybanova 6-3, 6-2. Holder Agnieszwa Radwanska, the eighth seed, beat her younger sister Ursula 6-1, 6-1 in a solid start to a title defence.

On the men's side, the top seed lasted only briefly as Canadian Frank Dancevic upset Russian Igor Andreev 7-6 (8-6), 6-2.

Number 126 Dancevic, who beat David Nalbandian last year at Wimbledon, won only his second match since August as his game suddenly lifts.

Croatian veteran Ivan Ljubicic was the first into the ATP quarter-finals thanks to his 6-3, 7-5 defeat of Briton Joshua Goodall.

ms_nut
Jun 16th, 2009, 03:02 PM
^ I hope she takes a long break after Wimbledon.. isn't she playing Stanford though? Skip them all JJ .. but don't skip Cincy.. :p

Snex
Jun 16th, 2009, 03:10 PM
'I'm missing motivation at this moment'

'I need to get to where I want to play tennis again.'

'I need to get back the desire to fight and work hard in the matches.'

I told ya guys all these things in my posts, but some of you were even ready to beat me. :shrug:

Leave that Sponzorusa-Barbie-Boy, Babe, and you'll start loving tennis again. :)

-Valérie-
Jun 16th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Lack of motivation? Snezana, you were right!!! I didn't thought it was the reason, but i should have known. Pisces do have them: moment when motivation just flew out of the window!

Well, this is not looking good for Wimbledon then :shrug:. I guess the Media will leave her alone for a while and she can find a way to enjoy her tennis again. I can wait! Si si, i can wait for her to come back!

ms_nut
Jun 16th, 2009, 03:23 PM
There's a difference in the "types" of motivation Sneki... you talked about not being motivated after she became #1.. she's not motivated right now because she's been losing so much lately and things are not going her way and that's frustating her.:shrug:

-Valérie-
Jun 16th, 2009, 03:28 PM
There's a difference in the "types" of motivation Sneki... you talked about not being motivated after she became #1.. she's not motivated right now because she's been losing so much lately and things are not going her way and that's frustating her.:shrug:

Yes, yes, well, this is the kind of motivation i am talking about to. Not because she became number one, but because she started to slip after that. She couldn't find the keys to her game and she is mad now. She will sort it out. She will find her motivation. And she'll be back, with a revenge!!!

дalex
Jun 16th, 2009, 03:45 PM
No motivation? :lol:

Just retire and make your haters happy at least. :dance:

This way we're all suffering, fans for obvious reasons and haters, too, 'cos there's nothing to hate. We all just feel sorry for her (tennis).

It's a fitness issue, I think. She was exhausted against Patty. She wanted to slim down after bulking up that I guess she wasn't doing any work for her fitness. And now she wants to take a break. Sure babe, take as much time as you need.

:dance:

(we all know she's coming back for Stanford, anyway :lol:)

Kampi
Jun 16th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Scary interview folks. I'm really concerned about this. But a longer break can help to FINALLY consider about things and taking required steps to finally improve her game. This is vital and a MUST do at this stage. Of course the lack of motivation thingy is not really what I wanted to hear from her now.:o:mad::fiery:

I stated this thousand times before....

A NEW IMPULSE Jelena........NOW.

ChriS.
Jun 16th, 2009, 06:12 PM
I knew that when JJ reached number 1 she had achieved her ambition, after that, she will take anything else she can get but she is not going to fight for it. Really last year was amazing, thanks to Ricardo, and she achieved more than I expected. I would just hope that she could continue to play at the top level in the same way that Elena does without complaining about everything. If she lacks fitness it is her fault, if she cannot adjust to grass then that is a lame excuse because everyone else is the same. Ditching her coach may prove right in the longer term but do not pretend he was the problem. JJ needs to look at herself and decide what she wants from tennis and what she wants from life. There are lots of other girls quite capable of taking her place and before long she will be out of the top 20 if she does not start making tennis her priority again. Pity I will not get to see her tomorrow but, then again, maybe it is best not to see her when she is playing this badly.

Brena
Jun 16th, 2009, 07:27 PM
http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0081.gif
Motivating enough, JJ?

-Valérie-
Jun 16th, 2009, 07:34 PM
http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0081.gif
Motivating enough, JJ?

I think it will take little more than a whip to motivate her this time. This looks serious! BUt then again, JJ is spontaneous, maybe she said the first thing that come up in her mind after such a heartbreaking defeat, again! :shrug:

Brena
Jun 16th, 2009, 07:42 PM
I think it will take little more than a whip to motivate her this time. This looks serious! BUt then again, JJ is spontaneous, maybe she said the first thing that come up in her mind after such a heartbreaking defeat, again! :shrug:

Maybe I could give whip a try? Just a little? :angel:
J/k I don't even know what to think anymore, I suppose, we'll have to wait and hope for the best. :shrug:

-Valérie-
Jun 16th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Maybe I could give whip a try? Just a little? :angel:

You should call her Mama, maybe she will even agree to hold her for you. Even her, despite all the success her daugher had, not so long ago, would have hope for a better first half in 2009.

She always been treated like a princess, and i think now the princess needs to find her way to the castle by her won.

MaBaker
Jun 16th, 2009, 09:07 PM
No motivation ?

1. Not being the worst and most laughable No.1 in the history of all histories
2. Winning a slam ( God forbid if she actually accidentally wins one...she'll retire immediately)
3. Making happy some idiotic people (your fans) who actually spend time watching you play and cheering for your sorry ass
4. Not looking like a complete moron on tv ,big screen, jumbotron... which means, no losing to even bigger morons than you (ON TV, big screen, jumbotron)
5. Stop torturing that poor woman, your mother

If non of this can motivate you Jelena, then retire, go cruise in that red porsche with your sponzorusa boyfriend and spare us the misery.

Brena
Jun 16th, 2009, 09:14 PM
No motivation ?

2. Winning a slam ( God forbid if she actually accidentally wins one...she'll retire immediately)
3. Making happy some idiotic people (your fans) who actually spend time watching you play and cheering for your sorry ass
4. Not looking like a complete moron on tv ,big screen, jumbotron... which means, no losing to even bigger morons than you (ON TV, big screen, jumbotron)

If non of this can motivate you Jelena, then retire, go cruise in that red porsche with your sponzorusa boyfriend and spare us the misery.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

freeyourstyle
Jun 16th, 2009, 09:16 PM
sorry if i say this but ...
of course she has no motivation guys. she has almost everything she wanted. everybody knows her. she was #1 last year. she had her own little "movie" (ok sorry it was only a documentary about her life). she is welcomed at every party, event or what so ever. she got her porsche ;). she's got pretty much everything except a GS but i dont think that she really cares about that.
wish the jj from 07/08 could be here in 09 but well .. :(

ms_nut
Jun 16th, 2009, 09:18 PM
No motivation ?

:worship::worship:

She is still only a "good" player .. to get to the next level i.e "great" player, she has to win a GS and dominate for more than 3 weeks.

-Valérie-
Jun 16th, 2009, 09:28 PM
No motivation ?

You always have those spicy comments that leave me speechless. The second one is my favorite for today.

дalex
Jun 16th, 2009, 09:30 PM
You always have those spicy comments that leave me speechless. The second one is my favorite for today.

Ma is our own Spice Girl. :dance:

Maybe she can sing too. Go gurl!

Brena
Jun 16th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Well, I suppose that when she eventually realises that no one is interested in her matches anymore and that she has to play them on parking lots all the time without jumbotrons or anything and that no one cares what she's wearing and if her nail-polish matches her knickers, she'll do one of two things:
1) She'll regain motivation
2) She'll retire.
I've always had that feeling about JJ, but I've been hoping that she wouldn't get herself in a position to have to make that decision this quickly.

-Valérie-
Jun 16th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Well, I suppose that when she eventually realises that no one is interested in her matches anymore and that she has to play them on parking lots all the time without jumbotrons or anything and that no one cares what's she wearing and if her nail-polish matches her knickers, she'll do one of two things:
1) She'll regain motivation
2) She'll retire.
I've always had that feeling about JJ, but I've been hoping that she wouldn't get herself in a position to have to make that decision this quickly.

Well, i wouldn't push it that far. She didn't have any vacation in December, she worked her ass off, and didn't work out. Quite frustrating. She needs a break, to chnage her mind and then, think of a strategy to go back where she belong: in the top 3.

pj5
Jun 16th, 2009, 09:39 PM
:worship::worship:

She is still only a "good" player .. to get to the next level i.e "great" player, she has to win a GS and dominate for more than 3 weeks.

I was right. She wasn't really training to that "higher" level over the last 6 months. It was much easier to just loose weight by eating less. So the weight is back to where it was but the muscle strength isn't. And because she's loosing matches she's not getting fitter by playing.

Still, I am hopeful that come Wimbledon, she will sneak in through 1st 3 rounds. That should help bring her timing and stamina back, she's simply that sort of player. And honestly she's had so many matches that she gave away and where she lost crucial matches on vital points. Can't go on forever, that has to change eventually.

And now about love :) Well, seems to me that she needs to feel that from people that are close to her. During Stuttgart last year she was asked why she was doing so well she said :Don't know, maybe I am in love", giving a hint that it was her motivator then. But during French when asked about it she said something like "Oh, it's ok". Didn't sound like "I am still on cloud nine" type of answer to me.
Which makes me think not all is well in the love land right now, and thus another (minor reason) why her game is affected.

Don't want to be too elaborate in this analysis, but JJ does give us so many angles to ponder from.

Still, her game still seems to be hanging together. She's still loosing in very tight matches.
Still reckon she'll come out ok.

MaBaker
Jun 16th, 2009, 09:40 PM

lol Don't push it, Monaboy :)

-Valérie-
Jun 16th, 2009, 09:42 PM

Come on, you can't be worst then them, can you? :lol:

дalex
Jun 16th, 2009, 09:48 PM

Sing it, Ma. :dance:

La la la la la la la la la
La la la la la la la
La la la la la la la la la
La la la la la la la

When you're feeling
Sad and low
We will take you Where you gotta go
Smiling dancing
Everything is free
All you need is positivity

Colors of the world
Spice up your life
Every boy and every girl
Spice up your life
People of the world
Spice up your life
ahh

~Kiera~
Jun 16th, 2009, 09:51 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/jun/16/amelie-mauresmo-eastbourne-wimbledon

And Jelena Jankovic, world No1 at the start of the year, lost 6–7, 6–3, 6–2 in the first round to Anna Chakvetadze, admitting she has lost motivation. "I have a battle against myself," she said. "When you want to eat chocolate you have to say no. It's not easy. I have lost some desire to fight to work hard in matches. There's lots of travelling and playing and practising four or five hours a day. That's the life of a professional."

How about an office job instead?

дalex
Jun 16th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Oh noes, she's lost her motivation 'cos she can't eat chocolate? :awww:

She should beg Justine to take her in her show in Belgium. They can suck at acting together. :dance:

-Valérie-
Jun 16th, 2009, 09:56 PM
She needs vacation, she didn't have any when the season stoped. She'll come back, maybe not good as new, but motivation restored. That would be the start of something good.

~Kiera~
Jun 16th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Oh noes, she's lost her motivation 'cos she can't eat chocolate? :awww:

Life is so cruel sometimes :fiery:

Brena
Jun 16th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Sing it, Alex, it's your favorite one:

The Balkan girls, they are idiots
Like nobody, like nobody

It's time for me to lose to Marion again
I'm gonna start my weekend with losing to Gisela
My girl Ana takes me for an airplane ride
Ready to go home and looking like idiots coz we both lost

I wonder if beyond this
There could be something better, like a GS for example
'Cause I feel so good tonight
Don't wanna end this night coz I'll lose a match again in the morning

Like nobody, like nobody
(except Cirstea, we'll stick to Sesil)
Like nobody, like nobody
(hey, Nicole, you must have some Balkan roots)

etc.

дalex
Jun 16th, 2009, 10:03 PM

*singing*

~Kiera~
Jun 16th, 2009, 10:04 PM

-Valérie-
Jun 16th, 2009, 10:07 PM
You guys are totally crazy, certainly feel good after such a tough day for JJ's fans.

ms_nut
Jun 16th, 2009, 10:19 PM

:haha::rolls::rolls:did i see spice girl and sing and Ma in the same sentence...

Poor Alex..:sad: he's lost it.. JJ's loss has made him delirious.

You guys are totally crazy, certainly feel good after such a tough day for JJ's fans.

You should see them after a JJ win..:scared: must be something in the Serbian beer...

MaBaker
Jun 16th, 2009, 10:23 PM
:spit: at The Balkan idiotgirls song.

дalex
Jun 16th, 2009, 10:25 PM
You should see them after a JJ win..:scared: must be something in the Serbian beer...

Dunno what you're talkin' about? :angel:

Don't wanna end this night coz I'll lose a match again in the morning

Zoja, this line is brilliant. :rolls:

-Valérie-
Jun 16th, 2009, 10:26 PM

I can't wait to see that.. let's hope, it won't take a year... With my optimist wave, somewhere in September? :lol:

~Kiera~
Jun 16th, 2009, 11:08 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1193575/Chocoholic-Jelena-loses-hunger-game-break-Wimbledon.html

Chocoholic Jelena loses her hunger for the game and may take a break after Wimbledon

Former world No 1 Jelena Jankovic lost in the AEGON International first round at Eastbourne yesterday and admitted that she has lost her appetite for the game.

Serbian Jankovic, 24, who led the rankings as recently as January, was beaten 6-7, 6-3, 6-2 by Russian Anna Chakvetadze and has now progressed beyond the quarter-finals in just two out of 11 tournaments this year.

While she blamed the low-bouncing grass courts for the fatigue which ultimately caused her defeat, the engaging Jankovic was honest enough to pinpoint a more deep-seated reason for her malaise.

She said: 'I'm lacking a bit of motivation right now. I'm still not doing that badly but I'm far from what my calibre is and the results that I'm capable of. I've been No 1 in the world and it's not so easy to stay there. It's a constant battle against yourself.

'You need to be disciplined. When you want to eat chocolate you have to say No. No to yourself because it's not good for you to eat chocolate all the time. You need to go out there and practise four or five hours a day. It's not easy to do that, but that's the life of a professional. You need to be strong and keep going.

'I need to get back the desire to fight and work hard, especially in matches. Why am I lacking in motivation? Lots of playing, lots of travelling. We're all human, we're all allowed to make mistakes. There's not one player in any sport who just went uphill. All of them had ups and downs, even when they were doing well.

'I wish I could have a break now, maybe not play for a little bit and get to the point where I want to play tennis again and I want to run after balls - things I am missing at the moment. I'll play Wimbledon and then we'll see.'

British interest ended in the women's singles with the defeats of Anne Keothavong and Elena Baltacha, both wildcard entries, to higher-ranked opponents.

Keothavong lost 6-3, 6-2, to Austrian veteran Sybille Bammer, while Baltacha was beaten 6-2, 7-5 by Na Li, of China, runner-up in Birmingham at the weekend.

-NAJ-
Jun 16th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Omg she sounds serious about break
tennis is boring for her right now and she want to enjoy in other things i understand her
But i hope it won't happen, or that break will last short and that she will realise soon that tennis is her top priority

louisa.
Jun 17th, 2009, 07:15 AM
:sad: :sad:
but i suppose if she needs it to get her head sorted out, it'll be for the best. hopefully it won't make her more :silly: than before.

RFS
Jun 17th, 2009, 07:29 AM
The Balkan idiots song is genius - now if Ana and JJ dress as Slutty Fairies... awesome!

Mony
Jun 17th, 2009, 10:55 AM
She seriously needs some days or weeks off after Wimbledon
why not going to Bahamas or Hawaii :D

Snex
Jun 17th, 2009, 11:07 AM
She seriously needs some days or weeks off after Wimbledon
why not going to Bahamas or Hawaii :D

:( 2 weeks in Hawaii in November 2008 with sponzorusa Mladjo ruined her 2009 season. No Hawaii any more! Jamais plus! :o (if she wants to continue her tennis career :shrug:)

-Valérie-
Jun 17th, 2009, 11:22 AM
i don't think she plans to practice any tennis for, at least, 3 weeks after Wimbledon. That will be a total stop, probably home. That would be logical since she travels all year.

~Kiera~
Jun 17th, 2009, 11:38 AM
The Balkan idiots song is genius - now if Ana and JJ dress as Slutty Fairies... awesome!

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/8783/fairyf.jpg

;)

Snex
Jun 17th, 2009, 11:40 AM
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/8783/fairyf.jpg

;)

:lol: Where is JJ?

~Kiera~
Jun 17th, 2009, 11:47 AM
:lol: Where is JJ?

I'm still trying to find a photo that will actually work :o

Snex
Jun 17th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Maybe these two

http://img189.exs.cx/img189/4426/jelena2076gz.jpg

http://img3.cache.netease.com/photo/0005/2009-05-07/58MUEK2N05HE0005.JPG

~Kiera~
Jun 17th, 2009, 12:03 PM
for the head ? :shrug:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/brunsdon/jekaxx.jpg

Yeah. I just found one which works, but thanks anyway :) She tends to have her photo taken from the side which makes things harder. Plus, most photos on her site are of a low resolution or the colouring is all wrong.

Maybe these two

Thanks to you, too :)

~Kiera~
Jun 17th, 2009, 12:15 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/oi4o50.jpg

oneandonly
Jun 17th, 2009, 12:28 PM
:hearts: Love it!

Snex
Jun 17th, 2009, 12:29 PM
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/5244/jjfairy.jpg

louisa.
Jun 17th, 2009, 12:37 PM
:rolls: amazing :worship:

дalex
Jun 17th, 2009, 01:15 PM
I can't see JJ's fairy pic, but I see Ana's. :(

Must be another sign from God that I should be Ana's fan instead of JJ's.

edit. I see it now. :hearts:

MaBaker
Jun 17th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Kiera :worship:

ce
Jun 17th, 2009, 02:04 PM
i cant see JJ pic

~Kiera~
Jun 17th, 2009, 02:14 PM
I'll upload it to a different site.

Roookie
Jun 17th, 2009, 06:39 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/oi4o50.jpg

JJ's new Anta dress for US Open series?. :hearts:

Wrekin
Jun 18th, 2009, 07:34 AM
JJ's new Anta dress for US Open series?. :hearts:

The wings might give her the competitive edge she needs on court right now

~Kiera~
Jun 18th, 2009, 09:36 AM
http://www.blic.rs/sports.php?id=4663

Poor form is not cause for alarm
Author: J. Terzic | Foto: AFP, Reuters | 18.06.2009 - 08:19

The oldest and most prestigious tennis tournament – the Wimbledon – kicks off in less then a week (22 June), but Serbian stars are hardly radiating optimism.

It is now beyond doubt that Ana Ivanovic, Jelena Jankovic and Novak Djokovic are below their personal best. The two women both saw early exits at the opening events of the mini grass-court season, while Djokovic managed to reach the Halle final, where he was defeated by world’s number 35 Tommy Haas. It has been Djokovic’s fourth defeat in six finals this season.

Serbia Davis Cup team coach Bogdan Obradovic is upbeat when it comes to Djokovic’s performances this season.

- “Novak is rationing his energy. I like the way he is getting into shape and I expect him to go far at Wimbledon. He is improving his grass-court game and it’s good he had chosen to appear at the Halle event – where the grass surface is much faster than that of the Queens Open. There is an arena where players can practice, and I’m sure he’s prepared well. As for the defeat in the final, Tommy Haas might have played the best match of his career, while Djokovic left a good impression despite the defeat. Favourites are more and more the ones to lose, which was also the case when Nadal lost at Roland Garros,” says Obradovic.

Two more Serbian players are to take part in the men’s draw at Wimbledon – Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki.

- “Janko is slowly raising his game. He made it to the Eastbourne quarter-finals and it’s important that he wins as many matches as possible before Wimbledon. As for Viktor, he deserves much better results with that massive serve of his,” added Obradovic.

As for the Serbian tennis women, Fed Cup team coach Dejan Vranes anticipates better days to come for Ana and Jelena.

- “The ups and downs are a normal thing in sport and that’s nothing special. I expect our women’s tennis stars to restore their former shapes. The same thing happened to Russian stars such as Petrova, Kuznetsova and Sharapova – they were nowhere to be seen for a while, and now they are back on top,” said Vranes.

Jelena Jankovic’s recent statement in which the Serbian star said she lacked motivation does not worry Vranes.

- “It’s possible she is running low on motivation, but that’s nothing unusual. Many tennis players decide to take a rest after Wimbledon, in order to prepare for the US Open. Ana and Jelena are constantly under pressure, but have got used to it over time.

- “Both of them under-performed at Eastbourne, but these were only their first matches on grass this season. It’s still early to say how they can fair at Wimbledon; let’s leave the prognostics aside until after the draw procedure is done.”

Psychologist Bojan Gligorijevic, who is also a tennis coach with a Canadian licence, has also expressed his views on the current results of Serbian tennis players.

- “From the top of my head, I’d say Ana and Jelena are working well enough on all aspects of their game. They are technically excellent, physically they don’t have many problems – unlike Djokovic. They need to dedicate more attention to their games and to opposition analysis. What they lack is the ability to adjust their play depending on their opposition. The mental aspect is the job of the coaching staff, but I think they should be more committed when playing,” said Gligorijevic.

дalex
Jun 18th, 2009, 11:58 AM
I was in one of the cafes downtown and there was a guy reading today's press and I saw he was reading this:
http://www.pressonline.rs/page/stories/sr.html?view=story&id=69234&sectionId=44

On today's front page of Press there is this title:

Shocking: Jelena is retiring from tennis?!

And in the inside article it's:

Sensational:
Shocking: Jelena is retiring from tennis?!

"I'll play Wimbledon and then I'll probably retire! I don't have the motivation anymore... I can't live with the pressure..."

No need to say that it's only their interpretation of the articles we already posted here.

MaBaker
Jun 18th, 2009, 12:17 PM
^Idiots.

дalex
Jun 18th, 2009, 12:19 PM
I love the Sensational: Shocking: bit... :lol:

-Valérie-
Jun 18th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I guess you are right, it is only a false reproduction of what we already know, but in any case, this news is now taking bigger proportions that it should. I think all she wanted to say is: "i need vacation!" At least, this is how we say it in our life and no one would think we want to quit, but well, you know Media!

Too bad i don't understand the article, i would have like to know more, but thanks for sorting out the main lines.

дalex
Jun 18th, 2009, 12:38 PM
You can try google translation (http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pressonline.rs%2Fpage%2Fstories %2Fsr.html%3Fview%3Dstory%26id%3D69234%26sectionId %3D44&sl=sr&tl=en&history_state0=) of that article.

MaBaker
Jun 18th, 2009, 12:43 PM
I love the Sensational: Shocking: bit... :lol:
Press&Kurir...They are worse than Skandal :o

-Valérie-
Jun 18th, 2009, 12:47 PM
You can try google translation (http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pressonline.rs%2Fpage%2Fstories %2Fsr.html%3Fview%3Dstory%26id%3D69234%26sectionId %3D44&sl=sr&tl=en&history_state0=) of that article.

Thank you Alek, you are an :angel: But you already knew that. :kiss:

JadeFox
Jun 18th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Press&Kurir...They are worse than Skandal :o

Forget Skandal, they managed to out drama queen our JJ! :help: :lol:

Snex
Jun 18th, 2009, 01:11 PM
I saw that article last night on their website, LMAO. They also wrote that she said that for the Argus magazine. Does something like that exists in UK ???

-Valérie-
Jun 18th, 2009, 02:09 PM
I saw that article last night on their website, LMAO. They also wrote that she said that for the Argus magazine. Does something like that exists in UK ???

I don't know, but i do know that i've seen some comments somewhere earlier this month on Argus Website. I think they also take their news from others so, at the end, it doesn't look quite the same when it was first spoken. From mouth to ear, news can be distorted easily.

Just Do It
Jun 18th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Jelena's pulling the same rap every time she's slumping. She'll be back better than ever :cool:

-Valérie-
Jun 18th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Jelena's pulling the same rap every time she's slumping. She'll be back better than ever :cool:

My thought exactly! :worship:

Although, this seems deeper then usually, but, you know, to support your statement, i think that indeed, if this look more deep, she will learn from that and come back stronger than ever before. *crosses fingers*

RFS
Jun 18th, 2009, 02:47 PM

Yeah - we have the usual "higher class" trashies like Hello and OK, but then there are some really cheap and trashy ones that are all "Shock, Horror... Bone in leg and toe on foot!"

-NAJ-
Jun 18th, 2009, 02:52 PM
JJ
"Wrong is interpreted my statement after the defeat in the first round in Eastbourn. Then I said the media that because of bad results currently do not have motivation. As in life, and in sport you have moments when you have more or less motivated, but they are all transitory phase . I think I'm in a good way to show my best face and in front of me are lots of years playing and proving, briefly stated the Serbian tennis player.

-Valérie-
Jun 18th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Well, that confirm any doubt, the young woman just needs some vacation to sort things out. She'll be back! I can't wait to see her best side!