PDA

View Full Version : Jelena Jankovic News and Articles Thread, vol 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Snex
Feb 22nd, 2009, 09:45 PM
A Serena doll would have to go in an extra-large box on account of its big arse...:devil:

:rolls:

I'd surely buy Rafa doll and even Vera with the towel on her head. Producers could also add some tears in Roger's eyes, just not to be so boring.

Brena
Feb 22nd, 2009, 09:46 PM
Speaking of celebrity-dolls, I bet Ma had one of these when she was little. :angel:

http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/i113297_lutkaBARBIKAt2.jpg

MaBaker
Feb 22nd, 2009, 09:52 PM
^You're going to ignore list :o

Brena
Feb 22nd, 2009, 10:04 PM
^You're going to ignore list :o

:sobbing: I'm sorry, it won't happen again!

ChriS.
Feb 22nd, 2009, 10:05 PM
A Serena doll would have to go in an extra-large box on account of its big arse...:devil::lol: This would be an awful waste of cardboard - I would recommend an inflatable Serena doll.

MaBaker
Feb 22nd, 2009, 10:14 PM
:sobbing: I'm sorry, it won't happen again!
Ok, I won't ignore you... But I've almost bad repped you :angel: My first :hearts:

redsonja
Feb 22nd, 2009, 10:15 PM
We could have a whole range. An Ana doll which fistpumps and shouts ajde! at the touch of a button, complete with a clothing range from the "50 plus" catalogue. A Vera doll which throws a towel over her head and cries. A Serena doll with miraculously healing body parts.

Fuck. I would buy this entire set without even thinking twice.

downunderfan
Feb 22nd, 2009, 10:23 PM
A Flavia doll showing the finger? If they make an A Murray doll, a Judy doll has to go in the same box...

redsonja
Feb 22nd, 2009, 10:36 PM
The Dinara doll comes in a set with a Russian-Croatian dictionary, her coach, and his angry wife.

Brena
Feb 22nd, 2009, 10:47 PM
Novak doll has a special warning on the box: you can't play with it for more than 2 hours. It has to rest.

Snex
Feb 22nd, 2009, 11:32 PM
And Youzhny doll with bloody racquet on his head.

Ian Aberdon
Feb 23rd, 2009, 07:15 AM
Thought the Novak doll would have to have FRAGILE on the box & "do not place near heat"...:devil:

Sharapova doll comes with free First Aid Kit & a spare shoulder. :angel:

Just Do It
Feb 23rd, 2009, 11:40 AM
Speaking of celebrity-dolls, I bet Ma had one of these when she was little. :angel:

http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/i113297_lutkaBARBIKAt2.jpg

Lepa Brena ? :bigcry:

~Kiera~
Feb 23rd, 2009, 11:49 AM
The Sofia Arvidsson doll comes with an invisible ink pen and an appointment book.

The Dinara doll comes in a set with a Russian-Croatian dictionary, her coach, and his angry wife.

:lol:

Sharapova doll comes with free First Aid Kit & a spare shoulder. :angel:

And Camille surgically attached ;)

MaBaker
Feb 23rd, 2009, 09:22 PM
The Sofia Arvidsson doll comes with an invisible ink pen and an appointment book.

I still can't believe that JJ stole her massage

redsonja
Feb 24th, 2009, 12:59 AM
I still can't believe that JJ stole her massage

:mad: That bee-yotch.

-NAJ-
Mar 1st, 2009, 01:45 PM
http://www.jj-jelenajankovic.com/slikevesti/94m.jpg

Jelena Jankovic wins Best European award

Serbian best tennis player Jelena Jankovic received on February 24th, the Best European 2008 award for the field of sports, which is awarded by the non-governmental organization The First European House in Belgrade.

At the ceremony, which was organized at the Belgrade City Hall, awards were also presented to Serbian Minister for foreign affairs Vuk Jeremic for the field of politics, President of the Serbian Chamber of Commerce Milos Bugarin for the field of economy and to Slovakia's Ambassador to Belgrade Igor Furdik who, as a foreigner, made the greatest contribution in linking Serbia to Europe.

The award ceremony was attended by Prime Minister Mirko Cvetkovic, representatives of the diplomatic corps, church dignitaries and other officials.

The Best European award was established in 2000, and so far it has been presented to Zoran Djindjic, Boris Tadic, Bozidar Djelic, Miroljub Labus, Goran Markovic and others.

~Kiera~
Mar 1st, 2009, 10:55 PM
http://hozimman.imirus.com/Mpowered/imirus.jsp?volume=shmsg09&issue=1&page=1#

schorsch
Mar 2nd, 2009, 11:18 PM
http://globalvillagetennisnews.com/

press conferences bjkc

~Kiera~
Mar 3rd, 2009, 05:25 PM
http://tennis.fanhouse.com/2009/03/03/top-20-things-about-billie-jean-king-cup/

Top 20 Things About Billie Jean King Cup
Posted Mar 3rd 2009 11:19 AM by Tom Herrera

NEW YORK -- FanHouse was all credentialed up for Monday night's BNP Paribas Showdown for the Billie Jean King Cup. From Bill Clinton's speech, to what Serena's triumph over her sister means moving forward, here's a list of 20 observations from a night of tennis involving Ana Ivanovic, Jelena Jankovic, Serena Williams and Venus Williams at New York's Madison Square Garden.

1. The format for the semifinal matches were one set each, and no tiebreakers (no deuce). So you either got hot early, or you were out. The final match was a traditional best-of-three-sets format, however.

2. In the first match of the night, Venus got a huge response from the New York faithful. And rightfully so; Venus started off slow against Jankovic, but after double-faulting in the 10th game, Venus seemed to wake up and kicked it into a gear that is nearly impossible for anyone other than her sister to keep up with. It was impressive to see.

3. To her credit, Jankovic had a strong showing and was aggressive from the start. She definitely received a warm reception from the audience for her efforts. Jankovic also had an upbeat outlook after her night was done. "Unfortunately the Serbian girls didn't win, but we had fun and that's what's important," she said.

4. The atmosphere in the Garden is so very different from what one gets at a Knicks game. You could honestly hear a baby crying during a serve. It's just a funny thing to experience in a place that's usually filled with boisterous (and that's putting it mildly) fans.

5. After winning her semifinal match, 6-4, Venus said she changed her approach vs. Jankovic due to the sudden-death format. Venus said there were a couple of shots that she wouldn't have normally taken, but with there being only one set, it really adds pressure, meaning every game counts that much more.

6. Venus also seemed to be having trouble with flash photography during her serves. She stopped mid-toss more than a handful of times during both of her matches.

7. In the Ivanovic-Serena semifinal match, Ivanovic went to the net early, which seemed to take Serena out of her comfort zone a little bit. But Serena's service game and power proved to be just a little too much for Ivanovic. Here's what Ivanovic said after falling to Serena: "Everything was happening too fast, especially with knowing scoring. I had so many breakaway chances today with Serena, her first serve was unbelievable. I think the big difference today was her first serve."

8. After Serena beat Ivanovic, she said, "It doesn't get better than playing in New York." And then she promised the crowd a great final match between her and her sister.

9. All the players lobbed signed tennis balls up to the crowd after their semifinal matches. It looked a lot easier, and far more efficient, than the T-shirts they normally shoot out of air cannons during Knicks games.

10. Some of the players mispronounced the sponsor's name during their post-match interviews. It's "pair-ee-bah" not "pair-ee-boss". Oh, the horror.

11. HBO On-Camera Wardrobe Note: John McEnroe wore black patent leather dress shoes with his suit. Mary Cirillo? Yellow sneakers and a suit. Just sayin'.

12. After both semifinal matches were done, Bill Clinton honored Billie Jean King. The ovation for Clinton was twice as loud as that for King or any of the players. As Clinton took the podium, there was plenty of hooting, hollering and camera flashes.

13. A few choice Clinton quotes about King: "She probably has done more than any woman in the world to empower women, and to educate men." ... "If you have the heart of a champion, if you have the heart of Billie Jean King, you can prevail." Based on the crowd's response, Clinton aced his appearance.

14. Both sisters were very open all week during interviews about how they wanted an all-Williams final. Much to the crowd's delight, they got their wish. Serena and Venus took the floor for their final match to enthusiastic applause from the crowd.

15. In the ninth game of the first set, which dragged on to an unbelieveable nine deuces, one fan said (to much laughter): "Come on Venus, finish this. Let's go home." And then, as if on cue, with play flagging, the sisters delievered one of the best points of the night. Venus capped it with a baseline winner that left Serena doing a split. It was some impressive tennis, to say the least.

16. While play in the Venus-Serena match was uneven, it can't be said that both sisters weren't putting forth strong efforts. Both were visibly into the match -- with Venus grunting and Serena yelling at herself after missed shots -- and after a tremendous rally in the eighth game, Serena took a scary tumble while trying to track down a great shot by Venus. They might not have been consistent, but both sisters were giving it their all.

17. Serena wound up topping Venus, 6-4, 6-3. Coming into the match, Venus and Serena had met 19 times, with Venus leading the series, 10-9. But after Serena's win Monday night, it's now flush at 10-10.

18. Venus Williams after losing to her sister: "I wish I could have won, but there's always next year ... hopefully this is the first of many, that's what we would like."

19. There seemed to be an awkward hush when Serena was awarded her $400,000 novelty check after beating Venus in the final. For all of Clinton's talk earlier in the night about how tough things are in the U.S., it was strange to see a player play a few hours of tennis and then walk away with that much money.

20. But it's also worth mentioning that the Dreams Vaccines Foundation was presented with a $50,000 check, which is yet another example of Billie Jean's social activism. All in all, a slightly uneven, yet pretty enjoyable, night of tennis in New York City.

Considering BJK can't even pronounce Jankovic correctly, perhaps he's expecting too much ;)

Brena
Mar 3rd, 2009, 06:23 PM
Venus seemed to wake up and kicked it into a gear that is nearly impossible for anyone other than her sister to keep up with. It was impressive to see.

Yeah, right. Like, for example, in Stuttgart last year.
Oh, I can't stand this Lousylena any longer :hysteric:

JadeFox
Mar 3rd, 2009, 06:33 PM
Yeah, right. Like, for example, in Stuttgart last year.
Oh, I can't stand this Lousylena any longer :hysteric:

Yeah, people have short memories don't they? :rolleyes:

And yeah Kiss Ass Lena needs to come back! :crying2:

Brena
Mar 3rd, 2009, 06:52 PM
Yeah, people have short memories don't they? :rolleyes:

And yeah Kiss Ass Lena needs to come back! :crying2:

I dunno. As much as I love Serena and don't mind Venus at all, this is getting really tiresome. Maybe Maria needs to return or Justine to come back. Hell, I'd even like Ana to get out of her slump. As for Kickasslena, remembering her gets me even more depressed.

JadeFox
Mar 3rd, 2009, 06:58 PM
I dunno. As much as I love Serena and don't mind Venus at all, this is getting really tiresome. Maybe Maria needs to return or Justine to come back. Hell, I'd even like Ana to get out of her slump. As for Kickasslena, remembering her gets me even more depressed.

The following year could actually be more interesting than people would expect. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the youngins step up big time and make a name for themselves. Carla Suarez Navarro was very bold in her match against Venus. She needs more consistency though. And Victoria Azarenka gave Serena all sorts of trouble even though she was sick!

~Kiera~
Mar 3rd, 2009, 07:41 PM
Clips from Jelena and Ana's press conference

http://globalvillagetennisnews.com/files/0/3/1/9/0/116900-109130/Ana_Jelena1.WMA

http://globalvillagetennisnews.com/files/0/3/1/9/0/116900-109130/Ana_Jelena2.WMA

~Kiera~
Mar 3rd, 2009, 07:58 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/133320-lendl-clinton-obama-and-more-at-the-billie-jean-king-cup/show_full

Lendl, Clinton, Obama, and More at the Billie Jean King Cup

Here are some of the high/lowlights of Monday night's Billie Jean King Cup exhibition with Venus and Serena Williams, Jelena Jankovic, and Ana Ivanovic in Madison Square Garden. Venus and Serena met in the hoped-for final, with a fresher Serena taking the title.

1. Insane prize money: A $1.2 million purse and only four players. The Serbs got $250,000 for showing up, Venus won $300,000 and Serena raked in $400,000.

2. Commentator John McEnroe was all excited about about being able to swear on HBO—but he behaved himself with fellow commentators Billie Jean King and Mary Carillo.

3. At one point, they went to a shot of the Midtown Tennis Club in Chicago to promote the evening's "Tennis Night in America" theme, and I learned that this is where Michelle Obama, Sasha and Malia used to play tennis every Sunday! What!? The Obamas are tennis fans!? Get them on the cover of Tennis Magazine!

4. Speaking of magazine covers, Vogue magazine editor-at-living-large, Andre Leon Tally, was sitting front and center in a red polo and a massive fur stole.

5. Ivan Lendl was also there as a promoter of the event.

6. First matchup: Jelena Jankovic vs. Venus Williams. It was a one set/no ad scoring set-up, which moved everything along at lightening speed. J.J. didn't have a chance to annoy Venus with her consistency and went down to Williams, 6-4.

7. McEnroe is a J.J. fan: "Jankovic moves better than anyone I've seen on a tennis court." and he later says that J.J. will have a better career and is a better athlete than Ana Ivanovic. Ouch.

8. Sucks: no challenge system.

9. Serena vs. Ivanovic: Serena looked like a lioness and Ana like Bambi's girlfriend. Ana put up a respectable fight, though, earning three break points that came to naught before going down 6-3. Her serve's still suspect—she was scampering after her ball tosses for the entire set.

10. Break for video montages! (You can watch at hbo.com) Venus's montage focused mostly on her role as a "leader" on the tour, including her fight for equal prize money at Wimbledon and (strangely) her leadership (?) in the Shahar Pe'er fiasco.

Serena's montage dealt mostly with her come back circa Australia, 2007, and on how hard it was for her to cope with the murder of her sister, Yetunde Price. Serena was the first person to be contacted by authorities after the fact. So sad.

11. Bill Clinton time! He was the highlight of the Billie Jean King tribute segment. He gave props to BJK for doing more than anyone to "empower women and educate men" and for "being who you are and never giving in."

The highlight of his remarkably short speech were these words: "For all of you who are a little down and a little worried (about the state of the world), remember that if you have the heart of a champion - if you have the heart of Billie Jean King - you can belong and you can prevail." Nice. BJK made some short remarks at the end - you can't really follow Bill Clinton.

12. Venus vs. Serena: The best-of-three-set match was delayed because Bill Clinton went backstage to chat with everyone, including all four of the players. The match itself was not a classic. Venus was nursing a bum knee and Serena dominated.

BJK, McEnroe and Carillo talked incessantly throughout about everything but the tennis - BJK even complained about how long the night was and could be heard yawning in the background. If you don't want to watch, why should we, BJK?

13. Serena wins! 6-4, 6-3, at 11:30 NYC time. Right after the match Billie Jean King ran down to the court to give Venus some quick pointers on her serve (not kidding) and then it was time for the...

14. Trophy presentation! Ivan Lendl presented the crystal.

15. Everyone gave big props to sponsor BNP Paribas, as well they should, considering that the company is holding up the entire sport.

16. The event benefited an organization called Dream Vaccines, which provides AIDS and malaria vaccines to the poor. The foundation was presented with a $50,000 check, which seemed a little cheap after all the other moolah had been doled out.

17. Funny line at the end from John McEnroe "It's a sign of the apocalypse" that he found himself working for Ivan Lendl, one of the event promoters. Ha!

18. The NYT reported that a respectable 12,026 people showed up for the event. Not bad for a snow day!

дalex
Mar 3rd, 2009, 09:23 PM
I didn't hear when McEnroe said that but I suspected he might be a fan of someone as crazy as JJ.

MaBaker
Mar 3rd, 2009, 11:26 PM
2. Commentator John McEnroe was all excited about about being able to swear on HBO

7. McEnroe is a J.J. fan: "Jankovic moves better than anyone I've seen on a tennis court."
:inlove:

9. Serena vs. Ivanovic: Serena looked like a lioness and Ana like Bambi's girlfriend
:rolls: Ajde :awww:

Brena
Mar 4th, 2009, 08:20 AM
I didn't hear when McEnroe said that but I suspected he might be a fan of someone as crazy as JJ.

Her only fault is that she doesn't complain enough. :lol:

MaBaker
Mar 4th, 2009, 02:33 PM
http://www.pressonline.rs/page/stories/sr.html?view=story&id=59919&sectionId=44

Jelena : ANA, have we played doubles ?

Journalist in New York were asked Ana and Jelena you plan to play doubles, what is older Srpkinja answer :
-I do not know. Never before we played together.

However, Ivanovic is now correct it :
-In fact we have. Once

Jelena then remember:
-I forget, sorry. We played once in the Fed cup and it would be nice to repeat. Play soon in Spain and have the opportunity to join the team in the World Group. But, we are basically singles players and I think that, now, I'm not interested in playing doubles. But, in the future, who knows? Doubles is always fun

I have no words...

Ana :hug:

Snex
Mar 4th, 2009, 08:09 PM
http://www.pressonline.rs/page/stories/sr.html?view=story&id=59919&sectionId=44

I have no words...

Ana :hug:

Ana also said in the last paragraph:

I completely agree with Jelena. We will have the opportunity to play doubles in Fed Cup. I hope at the Olympic Games as well!

She said in Beijing that she won't play doubles at the Olympics because her team disagrees with that :(. She didn't even play singles. Now it seems that she changed her mind. :lol:

:rolleyes: How i hate comments from those idiots who post there. As if they post from some sanatorium. Complete idiots. And the article is bitchy: "Ana and Jelena played 1 hour and took home $500,000". Bastards! They provoke visitors of their web site to post bitter comments and express their hate. They can't wait for something like that to throw shit at successful people. :mad:

-NAJ-
Mar 4th, 2009, 09:42 PM
During Venus-Serena match he(McEnroe) also said nice things for JJ

Optima
Mar 4th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Johnny Mac :inlove:

maya-serbia
Mar 4th, 2009, 09:59 PM
During Venus-Serena match he(McEnroe) also said nice things for JJ

Yes,he is a HUGE FAN !!!:)

MaBaker
Mar 4th, 2009, 10:47 PM
:rolleyes: How i hate comments from those idiots who post there. As if they post from some sanatorium. Complete idiots.

I don't read those comments, I'm not that masochistic... yet... :angel:

Brena
Mar 4th, 2009, 10:59 PM

I don't read those comments, I'm not that masochistic... yet... :angel:

Really, those comments make me worry about the general sanity of people around. :scared:

Snex
Mar 5th, 2009, 10:09 AM
http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2009/03/exo.html

Beneath the Death Star
Posted 03/03/2009 @ 6 :02 PM

by Pete Bodo

It turns out that my thoughts on Venus and Serena Williams' performance at Madison Square Garden in the BNP Paribas Showdown for the Billie Jean King Cup last night were a little more complicated than I had anticipated, so it took me a little longer to rassle them down onto paper than I had expected. But those speculations ought to be live, over at the ESPN tennis home page, sometime soon. Here are some further thoughts:

To to tell you the truth, I'm still feeling torn about last night's festivities, and probably in a way that I won't be able to reason my way out of any time soon. The event seemed to be trying to do many different things at once, and that's sometimes a recipe for not doing anything well.

Was it a significant, historic moment, as evidenced by the presence of former US President Bill Clinton (although that's not exactly a causal relationship) and that ceremony honoring Billie Jean King?

Or was it a fairly grotesque exercise in waste and excess, representing a certain tone-deaf attitude on the part of the promoters and sponsors in these stressful times, using "social awareness" as cover?

Here's how it worked. Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic were the "seminfinal" opponents for, respectively, Venus and Serena Williams. These semifinals were one-set affairs, with no ad-scoring to boot. Jankovic and Ivanovic, who both lost, walked away with $250,000 each for what amounted to a half-hour of work - and work that was undertaken largely with something like a clock-puncher's resignation.

Who could blame them, though? They were made an offer was impossible to refuse (250k guaranteed, for stopping in New York to do half-hour's work as I make my way to California?). Besides, is anyone nuts enough to think that Jelena and Ana felt morally obliged to prevent an all-Williams final in Madison Square Garden, on a night honoring Billie Jean King?

And while it was certainly a welcome, helpful gesture when the suits (during the trophy presentation ceremony) trotted out the great big replica check representing a $50,000 gift to a charitable foundation associated with the event (the Dream Vaccine Foundation), that donation - while it sure beat a poke in the eye with a sharp stick - seemed oddly meager, when compared to the prize-money showered on the four ladies who performed on the court (Serena earned $400,000 for her win, Venus got $300.000).

I don't know, maybe I'm just channeling the financial anxieties that beset us all in this crazy time, but wasn't it John McEnroe (one of the commentary team last night) who - in a much more solvent time - said that the $1.5 million dollar winner's prize offered at the Grand Slam Cup (a week-long, November tournament, bringing together the best performers at the Grand Slam events of the year) was "obscene?"

Like I said, there was an awful lot going on at once, and some of it was jarring and conducive to creating cognitive dissonance (dang, I'd promised myself never to use that term, but I'm caving). Bill Clinton made a speech about Billie Jean's towering contribution (his exact quote was: She has probably done more than any other woman in the world to empower women and educate men. . .

Quite an endorsement, that. But I had to wonder what Jelena and Ana were thinking as (or if) they listened to Clinton address the crowd and wax poetic about social justice, and how they privately viewed this Clinton, who isn't exactly a beloved figure in Serbia. Did that matter to them at all? Did the girls want to meet Clinton? Marvel at the silver-haired, smooth-talker's gift for American-style self-celebration, self-indulgence, and self-congratulation? Were they aware of Bill's history with women, and think, Maybe Billie should have worked a little harder on educating that one. . . Did they smile and think that American are perpetual optimists? Preposterous hypocrites? Deluded uber-materialists? Wishful thinkers?

I'm fond of Billie Jean and respect all that she's accomplished. But there's a template to these celebrations now and a familiarity to the rhetoric and encomiums, and a number of people today have asked or said something to the effect: Surely there must have been some other women in the world who advanced the causes of freedom, dignity and justice, maybe even before Billie Jean came around?

I think Billie Jean really needs to be careful about "the brand"; she's untouchable now, but nobody remains that way forever. Eventually, she may be coming up against the same problem as Clinton - the perception (in Clinton's case, it's already got traction with many people) that she/he is an icon for sale, happy to go to the highest bidder.

These issues had to be percolating in the minds of anyone who cares about such things, although the audience at the exo seemed to consist of the already converted, with a healthy segment of the indifferent - those who were there first and foremost to see Venus and Serena, and to a lesser extent the Serb stars. In a way, packaging this show as something far more significant than a tennis exhibition may have been a strategic error, at least in terms of how it impacted the tone and tenor of things. While there was some good shotmaking on display, especially from Serena and Venus, their approach was all-business in a ho-hum, Wednesday afternoon second-rounder kind of way. There was no electric moment, nothing to make you sit back with a big grin on your face. They did not pull me into the match; instead I could almost feel them keeping me out. Funny, how that works.

I suppose it was serious; the intent was serious, yet it was impossible to mistake this for the proverbial "serious" tennis moment. For gosh sakes, the warm-up act semis were one-set, with no-ad scoring! That doesn't scream Roland Garros final - it screams Ronald McDonald, sneaking out behind Serena to snatch the racket away from her in a comic moment while all the little kids in the stands laugh. But it seems tha even Venus and Serena wanted this to be something more than an exhibition featuring the stock, crowd-pleasing elements, and that's probably where all those other, weighty elements came into it - as part of a quest for instant credibility and legitimacy earned somewhere other than on the field of play. But tennis is an enterprise in which all that usually matters is what transpires on the field of play.

Clinton So by the end, I found myself wondering if it wouldn't have been more fun for all concerned if we had a few more clowns and a few fewer speeches, or overwrought words of adoration. If we had a few, well, hokey exo moments. Perhaps it might have been more fun (or isn't that on the agenda anymore?) if it were some kind of tennis festival, with the sisters and the Serbs and, what the hail, Bill Clinton and Billie Jean running around, engaging the crowd, showing of their talents, the way I've seen other great players do it in exhibitions.

I had an interesting conversation with Jerry Solomon, president and CEO of StarGames, promoter of the event. In the run-up, I hadn't really boned up on this Tennis Night in America idea, which is wholly Solomon's (or so he told me). This exhibition was a the centerpiece of that effort, and it's pretty impressive. Over 700 different tennis facilities, community centers and other recreational outlets took part in the festivities last night, holding special viewing parties (for the exo, which was broadcast on HBO). At the same time, those facilities collected registrations from youth for their various tennis programs. Twice, you may have noticed, HBO cut to a Chicago tennis club that was part of this 700 tent global village, the way the networks cut away to a tavern or restaurant back in the town of some basketball team that's involved in a critical road game.

"We had a staff meeting (at StarGames) last year, and I said, we should make this 'Tennis Night in America,'" Solomon told me. "I don't even know what that is, but it will be the first night of the year when pro tennis is back in the USA in a big way - before Davis Cup and Indian Wells and Miami, when everyone is traveling westward, even from Europe. Put it on TV, pipe it into theaters, have tailgate parties. . . You may not have noticed, but we had the TNA logo around last year, at the Pete Sampras/Roger Federer exhibition. We just didn't even know what it was then."

This is a fine idea, and I hope Jerry (and his partners, including Ivan Lendl) can pull it off. Whatever they do, it ought to be less of a hybrid. One plan Jerry is floating is bringing in the eight Grand Slam singles winners of the previous year and having a two-day event, with legitimate best-of-three "semifinals" on the first day, and the finals on the second day - along with escalating prize money.

It's a great idea, although it doesn't cure my personal problem. Madison Square Garden is a very different place from what it was when serious tennis was last played here eight or 10 years ago, and once again I found myself struggling to enjoy the experience while realizing what a joy it is to attend an event and watch matches outdoors, in the late afternoon sunshine.

The PA system in the Garden, which is almost eternally pumping out music, is loud - so loud that you literally bang heads with a companion if you're trying to converse. The Jumbotron hangs over the arena like a Madison Square version of the Star Wars saga's notorious Death Star - it's a huge presence, and when it begins to spit sound, color, and light, watch out! The overall effect, to me is disconcertingly Orwellian. And the audience is the ceature's plaything.

Venus: I love New York, I really love it here. I want to live here! :lol:

Crowd roars approval and pours out the love, but why?

This isn't really a Venus issue - she's just being nice, and what young, well-heeled person doesn't enjoy New York, or fantasize about living here? It's a crowd issue - New Yorkers love being told how great they are. The idea that Venus might choose to buy a loft in Soho confirms their self-importance. At the same time, the reaction suggest the opposite - that somehow Venus living in Soho would. . . validate New Yorkers. Reflect well on them. In other words, New Yorkers are both self-important and insecure about their importance.

And one last thing: for all the honor showered on Billie Jean King, how come the things her name gets attached to always end up constituting a mouthful? There's the USTABJKNTC (the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center) and now the BNPPSFBJKC (the BNP Parisbas Showdown for the Billie Jean King Cup). If you really want to step up for the old gal, how about a Billie Jean Avenue, or the San Francisco Billie Jean King Tower?

I could sign this article... It was so obvious that Ana doesn't want to beat Serena though she led 15-40 twice... JJ sent so many balls almost to the crowd though she could return. They both came here to lose, add some money to their accounts and have fun. We all saw that this party was fixed and aimed at entertaining the audience. All American final is something that should have happened and why all those Newyorkers came there for... WS were so serious and eager to play finals. On the other hand Serbian girls were smiling and enjoying the party. I suppose they both felt like expensive hookers when they were leaving the court after semifinal "matches" :lol:

This is the first time that Ana didn't cry after defeat. She was all smiles. :rolls:

Brena
Mar 5th, 2009, 01:57 PM
http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2009/03/exo.html

I could sign this article... It was so obvious that Ana doesn't want to beat Serena though she led 15-40 twice... JJ sent so many balls almost to the crowd though she could return. They both came here to lose, add some money to their accounts and have fun. We all saw that this party was fixed and aimed at entertaining the audience. All American final is something that should have happened and why all those Newyorkers came there for... WS were so serious and eager to play finals. On the other hand Serbian girls were smiling and enjoying the party. I suppose they both felt like expensive hookers when they were leaving the court after semifinal "matches" :lol:

This is the first time that Ana didn't cry after defeat. She was all smiles. :rolls:

Hmmm... I d0n't know if they actually wanted to lose, but it's probably true that they didn't exactly come to win. It's hard to tell when the Serbian sisters are in such :weirdo: form.
On the other hand, inviting Bill Clinton of all people was just wrong on the organisers' part. They really should have known better.

-NAJ-
Mar 5th, 2009, 02:51 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/1/newsroom/stories/?ContentID=3042

Jankovic Receives Two Unique Honors

Serbian superstar and world No.3 Jelena Jankovic received two very unique distinctions over the past two weeks in her home country. The country's No.1 women's tennis player was honored with the Best European 2008 Award for the field of sports, while Orbit gum has appointed her to be its "smile ambassador" for Serbia.

On February 24 Jankovic received the first distinction, which was awarded by the non-governmental organization The First European House, based in Belgrade. The ceremony, held at Belgrade City Hall, also saw awards presented to Serbian Minister for Foreign Affairs Vuk Jeremic for the field of politics and Resident of the Serbian Chamber of Commerce Milos Bugarin, amongst others.

Serbian Prime Minister Mirko Cvetkovic attended the ceremony, along with other distinguished representatives of the diplomatic corps, church dignitaries and more. The Best European Award was established in 2000, and has presented awards to Zoran Djindjic, Boris Tadic, Bozidar Djelic, Miroljub Labus, Goran Markovic and others.

And just this week Orbit gum has chosen JJ to be its "smile ambassador" for the territory of Serbia. The company's first brand ambassador for Serbia, Jankovic will star in a television commercial that will hit TV stations in Serbia in March.

Jankovic will also be aiding Orbit in its campaign aimed at gathering the biggest number of smile photos ever collected in the world. Orbit plans to help Serbia enter the Guinness Book of World Records with the largest smile collage. The record is currently held by Birmingham, UK, with a collage of 112,893 total photos. The competition will be open from March 1 till May 31, and once the record is broken, Serbia's smile collage will be presented on a public exhibition in Belgrade.

Just Do It
Mar 5th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Jelena :spit: She forgot they played doubles :awww:

gaviotabr
Mar 5th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Tennis Magazine has an especial feature on JJ's workout Routine:

http://www.tennis.com/features/galleries/Jankovic/#img/lead.jpg

schorsch
Mar 5th, 2009, 08:38 PM
thx :speakles:

schorsch
Mar 9th, 2009, 04:27 AM
After the Kremlin Cup in music writing, as Jankovic некрасиво itself leads - health breaks, etc. While in the semi-finals and the Cup of the Kremlin's nothing like it was not. . And I remember how she has been applauded successful actions rival (and your inter alia). :). True, it happens, in my opinion, only when it leads into account, but still:). What impressed by Jankovic on you - rather, a positive or negative?
Well, of course it is a court - a little actress. This is her personal capacity, I have nothing against this have no idea. What it is, it is. Someone like, someone does not like. I now have a more experienced player, and all try not to pay attention. For me the main thing - my game is tennis. And the fact that the actor's antics going on, I just try not to pay attention.

Vera about JJ in her blog when asked about JJ's oncourt pers.. :devil:

terjw
Mar 9th, 2009, 09:08 PM

Well I know Jelena is a McEnroe fan. I think it was a Wimbledon where she was asked about the queue there and which player she would have queued to see in the past. Anyway she came straight out with she'd have loved to have watched John McEnroe. And the gist of what she said was basically his antics she'd have loved to have seen. :lol::lol::tape:

~Kiera~
Mar 12th, 2009, 02:08 AM
http://uk.reuters.com/article/tennisNews/idUKSP43670620090312?sp=true

Jankovic aims to regain top speed after slow start

By Mark Lamport-Stokes

INDIAN WELLS, California, March 11 (Reuters) - Jelena Jankovic was overjoyed after becoming world number one for the first time at the end of last year, but the Serb has been frustrated by her sluggish start to 2009.

The 24-year-old has reached only one semi-final in three tournaments this season and has lost some of her explosive court speed while working to build up her stamina.

"I am not really satisfied with the way I began my year," Jankovic told reporters on Wednesday while preparing for the Indian wells WTA tournament.

"I didn't play well at the Australian Open," she added, referring to her fourth-round loss there to Marion Bartoli.

"I was completely off my game and I was moving terribly. I just didn't feel confident on the court at all and the results showed."

Jankovic, who won four WTA titles last year while reaching her first grand slam final at the U.S. open, attributed her reduced court speed to her fitness training during the off-season.

"I did a lot of things for my endurance and I had some problems moving," she said. "I lost my speed on the court and I lost my reaction. I lost my biggest weapon.

"Until now, I was having trouble reacting and moving, especially with my returns and getting that first step. I just lost that and I have been trying to get that back.

"I hope to get my game together and start playing on a high level again. That is my goal for this moment. I am not thinking about anything else. I am not putting expectations on myself."

Jankovic, seeded second at Indian Wells, reflected with pride on her barn-storming finish to her 2008 campaign.

"I ended the year in a really good way when I had a lot of pressure on me," she said. "Everybody wanted to finish number one and I am only the ninth player to do that.

"I really wanted that number one position and I knew I had to win three tournaments in a row to secure my ranking. And I have done that.

"I proved to myself I was able to play on a high level, play under pressure and take on that role as the number one player in the world. I really liked that challenge."

~Kiera~
Mar 13th, 2009, 03:27 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/1/newsroom/stories/?ContentID=3065

Second Stage of Hero Ad Campaign Wraps Up

INDIAN WELLS, CA, USA - On Wednesday the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour wrapped production of the second stage print advertising for "Looking for a Hero?", the Tour's landmark multi-million dollar global marketing campaign, initially launched in the summer of 2008. The first phase of the campaign, shot in Rome and New York, featured 40 players in television, print, and digital advertisements, along with user-generated content initiatives, and became the most dynamic and ambitious marketing drive in the Tour's 35-year history. With the just-concluded shoot, a total of 57 players are now featured in the campaign in the most ambitious effort to date by the Tour to promote not only current, but also rising and national stars of the Tour. A third phase of the campaign, focused on the digital space and including community, user-generated and viral elements, is set to launch later this year.

The "Looking for a Hero?" campaign portrays the Tour's players as modern-day superheroes both on and off the court and is designed to promote the Tour's current and next generation of stars in their year-long race to the season-ending Sony Ericsson Championships in Doha. This year's print shoot took place prior to the start of the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells and featured top players such as Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic; future stars such as Caroline Wozniacki, Alizé Cornet, Anna Chakvetadze, Sania Mirza, Aleksandra Wozniak, Sorana Cirstea, Anne Keothavong, Peng Shuai, Samantha Stosur and Sabine Lisicki; and top doubles teams Rennae Stubbs and Stosur, Anabel Medina Garrigues and Virginia Ruano Pascual and Yan Zi andZheng Jie. The players were once again photographed by noted American lifestyle photographer Nathaniel Welch.

"I was very excited to be a part of this "Looking for a Hero?" shoot as I love being in front of the camera and this campaign represents a great opportunity to promote women's tennis," Jankovic said. "I really like how the campaign shows that women tennis players are not only great athletes on the tennis court but also glamorous and interesting women in our everyday lives."

Wozniacki commented: "I love the concept around the marketing campaign and besides the fact that being photographed for it was a great opportunity for me personally, it is an honor to be able to help promote women's tennis. It's great that the campaign includes both our current champions as well as many players who might be the next champions of the Tour."

Andrew Walker, Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Vice President of Global Marketing & Communications, added: "With close to 60 different players featured in our global advertising campaign, the Tour will be able to help create more stars and raise more player profiles among consumers than ever before. As the "Looking for a Hero?" campaign enters its second year, we are excited that we've hit upon a creative concept that goes to the core of what makes our sport and athletes both unique and attractive to consumers and sponsors alike."

New York-based portrait and celebrity photographer Nathaniel Welch was again selected to shoot the print elements of the Tour's campaign. The focus of Welch's career has been photographing world-class athletes, including Shaquille O'Neal, Mike Piazza, Terrell Owens, Pete Rose, Gary Sheffield, Tony Stewart, Brian Urlacher, Jerome Bettis, Mario Andretti, Kelly Slater, Bode Miller and many others. His work on the first stage of the "Looking for a Hero?" campaign last year gave him a chance to add such legendary women's tennis names such as Maria Sharapova and Venus and Serena Williams to his resumé of world-class athletes.

On set, Welch said: "These women are extraordinary athletes, capable of doing things that ordinary humans can't do. They possess an on and off the court duality - amazing power and skill on the court and great personalities and beauty that agrees very well with the camera. Last year's shoot was very memorable to me and I am glad that I was asked to come back and build on that experience."

Ana called. She wants Jelena to stop stealing her phrases ;)

дalex
Mar 13th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Ana called. She wants Jelena to stop stealing her phrases ;)

JJ went from stealing massagges to stealing well known phrases from other players. First it was Serena's "I beat myself" and now this! :(

OTOH, I don't think anyone other than Jelena would say this:

...as I love being in front of the camera...

:worship:

Snex
Mar 13th, 2009, 03:59 PM
JJ went from stealing massagges to stealing well known phrases from other players. First it was Serena's "I beat myself" and now this! :(

OTOH, I don't think anyone other than Jelena would say this:

You forgot umbrella stealing in Toronto. She's also excited like Ana and whenever she loses she says that "it was a good learning experience" like Ana.

gaviotabr
Mar 13th, 2009, 04:02 PM
The serbian sisters are spending a little bit too much time together! :lol:

Snex
Mar 13th, 2009, 04:06 PM

Yes. We can expect now Ana repeatedly saying "you know" or "what can I do" :lol:

дalex
Mar 13th, 2009, 04:09 PM
You forgot umbrella stealing in Toronto.

But of course, how could I forget that episode...:sobbing:

http://i44.tinypic.com/14ty7n9.jpg

It's love. :inlove:

MaBaker
Mar 13th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Yeah..Soon , Ana will start changing her underwear during matches and Jelena will fistpump her way to the GS title :hehehe:

Snex
Mar 13th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Yeah..Soon , Ana will start changing her underwear during matches and Jelena will fistpump her way to the GS title :hehehe:

Wrekin
Mar 13th, 2009, 07:59 PM
On set, Welch said: "These women are extraordinary athletes, capable of doing things that ordinary humans can't do. They possess an on and off the court duality - amazing power and skill on the court and great personalities and beauty that agrees very well with the camera

This must be music to JJ's ears :rolls:

дalex
Mar 15th, 2009, 11:14 AM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25189770-23210,00.html

Jankovic searching for answers after Indian Wells loss to Russian teen

From correspondents in Indian Wells, California
March 15, 2009

Former world No.1 Jelena Jankovic was left searching for answers after she was ousted from the $4.5 million Indian Wells hardcourt tournament by Russian teen Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova.

Pavlyuchenkova, who captured three junior Grand Slam titles before turning pro, defeated Jankovic 6-4 6-4 to continue her quest for a first WTA Tour singles title.

The 17-year-old, currently sitting at a career-high world No.42, needed just one service break to lift the first set and broke Jankovic twice in the second to claim the victory.

Jankovic surrendered the top spot to Serena Williams after the Australian Open, where Williams claimed the title and Jankovic fell to Marion Bartoli in the fourth round.

The Serbian's hopes that she could turn around her 2009 season, and perhaps add a Grand Slam title to her resume, appeared to be dimming in the wake of Saturday's defeat.

“I'm struggling in this moment to find my game overall and find the confidence on the court,'' said Jankovic, who came into Indian Wells ranked world No.3.

“My whole concept of the game, it's kind of off, especially during the points. I don't feel some of my shots that were my weapons before.''

Jankovic, whose best showing this year has been a semi-final run at the Paris indoors, said that off-season training had made her stronger but left her feeling heavy on court.

“It's like when I had to move, especially playing in Australia and some other tournaments, I felt really heavy on the court and really had no reaction,'' she said.

“Playing like that, you don't feel satisfied. Last year I finished No.1 in the world and I was playing great tennis, especially at the end of the year. This year I'm not the same player.''

She said she had improved since Melbourne, but didn't think she was back to where she'd like to be.

“I was always a certain weight and always my best weapon was my legs. I always moved and I had the anticipation and I was always on the ball,'' she said.

“Now I just cannot do that. I'm one step too slow or one step too much into the shot. And then all the strokes break down and I don't have the timing and my accuracy is not there.

“Overall everything is wrong. I need a lot of work.''

But she's doing nothing but working since the year started. So many hours on practice courts and still very little has improved. :sobbing:

дalex
Mar 15th, 2009, 11:18 AM
http://uk.reuters.com/article/tennisNews/idUKB71735820090315?sp=true

Tennis-Vanquished Jankovic suffering from confidence crisis

By Simon Cambers

INDIAN WELLS, California, March 14 (Reuters) - Former world number one Jelena Jankovic is suffering from a crisis of confidence after being dumped out of Indian Wells WTA event in the second round on Saturday.

The Serbian was well below her best in the 6-4 6-4 loss to Anastasia Pavyluchenkova and the second seed admitted her whole game needed an overhaul.

"I'm struggling in this moment to find my game overall and find the confidence on the court," she told reporters.

"I'm not at my level. That's the case. I'm trying to find that game and trying to come back into the form. But I'm struggling at the moment."

Jankovic said there was not a single part of her game that did not need work.

"I don't feel some of my shots that were my weapons before (are now)," she added.

"Overall I think the whole game needs some adjustments and some kind of finding the rhythm and finding the way to construct the points and just find the timing back."

The Serb also complained of 'feeling too heavy' following weeks of intensive training during the off-season.

"In the beginning, I felt really different with my body because I got a little bit of muscles and I felt heavier on the court," she said.

"I was always a certain weight and always my best weapon was my legs. I always moved and I had the anticipation and I was always on the ball.

"Now. I just cannot do that. I'm one step too slow or one step too much into the shot. And then all the strokes break down and I don't have the timing and my accuracy is not there.

"I mean, overall everything is wrong. I need a lot of work. I wish I had a magic wand and could just fix my game and just play awesome tennis again. I would like it to be that way, but sometimes it's not." (Editing by John O'Brien)

RFS
Mar 15th, 2009, 12:03 PM
It's frustrating as hell because there's no doubt that working with Pat E during last season when she lost so much fitness after her nose op helped her regain her form... but it's like it's too much in the opposite direction.
I can't remember who it was who said that Pat's schedule really affected Justine Henin one year... seems that he needs to find a happy medium.

Without having seen the match - I don't know what other areas of her game need attention - but it needs to happen quick...

louisa.
Mar 15th, 2009, 12:56 PM
“Now I just cannot do that. I'm one step too slow or one step too much into the shot. And then all the strokes break down and I don't have the timing and my accuracy is not there.

“Overall everything is wrong. I need a lot of work."

:sad: i can't even be mad at her anymore.
ajde damn it, ajde! :armed: :sobbing:

Optima
Mar 15th, 2009, 04:11 PM
I knew it, he fucking ruined her. That's all it is.

Snex
Mar 15th, 2009, 04:31 PM
It's frustrating as hell because there's no doubt that working with Pat E during last season when she lost so much fitness after her nose op helped her regain her form... but it's like it's too much in the opposite direction.
I can't remember who it was who said that Pat's schedule really affected Justine Henin one year... seems that he needs to find a happy medium.

Without having seen the match - I don't know what other areas of her game need attention - but it needs to happen quick...

I wrote that he almost destroyed Justine. Fortunately, she reacted quickly. Sanchez can't deal with JJ any more. I did not understand a single word he told her on that video from SE web site. :tape: Or maybe i was sleepy. No wonder that she lost. Poor girl probably also didn't understand him and she didn't know what to do.

ms_nut
Mar 15th, 2009, 04:41 PM
I wrote that he almost destroyed Justine. Fortunately, she reacted quickly. Sanchez can't deal with JJ any more. I did not understand a single word he told her on that video from SE web site. :tape: Or maybe i was sleepy. No wonder that she lost. Poor girl probably also didn't understand him and she didn't know what to do.

:lol::lol:

Sanchez: You had five break points in that last game..
JJ: Oh yeah, (adjusting her hair), did i convert on any of them...
Sanchez: No, Bi***.. why do you think i'm sitting here?
JJ: Oh, by the way , why are you sitting here..?
Sz: Because you called me down to coach you
JJ: I wonder if they have a big screen outside.. oh what's that you say?
Sz: It's her backhand....(JJ interrupts)
JJ: I know, my Back hand is just not working..
Sz: Not yours, hers.. oh never mind...
JJ: Can't you give me some advice instead of just giving me some stupid bananas all the time...I didn't hire you for that you know..
Sz: I'm trying to but you keep cutting me.. (JJ interrupts)
JJ: I can't get a word edgewise, you keep talking. that's all you ever do... at least be a dear and get me some more of that mascara...

RFS
Mar 15th, 2009, 04:41 PM
I know - i thought the same when I watched that - and I put it down to the jittery connection!!!

Either way - that girl has to take some action...

Dunno what, though... :shrug:

-NAJ-
Mar 15th, 2009, 05:01 PM
He told her " don't hit ball in same corner two times, she is hitting hard . "
Make her move from one corner to other.

Something like this:D

дalex
Mar 15th, 2009, 08:13 PM
http://tennisworld.typepad.com/thewrap/2009/03/iw-the-trouble.html
IW: The Trouble with JJ

It's time to start asking the obvious: What's happened to Jelena Jankovic this year? You can understand a couple of early season losses, as well as the difficulty of living up to being No. 1 for the first time in Australia. You can even understand a loss to Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, a strong young player who JJ had never faced before (love that swinging volley, eh?). What's harder to get is the way she played and looked during this loss. Jankovic was listless, a step behind, her famously smooth footwork now a lurch and a lunge. She was even unsure of herself when she got a good look at a ball, guiding it toward the corners rather than belting it with abandon.

In her presser afterward, Jankovic herself began by saying she didn't know what the trouble was, then went about putting her finger on the problem. "You know, my whole concept of the game is off," she said. "especially during the points. I don't feel some of my shots that were my weapons before."

What began as a physical issue in January, when her increased muscle and weight slowed her down, has moved into her head—that, as they say, is not good. It will be more complicated now for her to find her old form than it would have been if she simply needed to lose a little muscle mass. Jankovic looked slimmer to me yesterday than she did in the off-season, but it only served to make her seem vulnerable against the powerful 17-year-old Pavyluchenkova, who is noticeably taller than when I saw her at last year's Wimbledon.

Jankovic was defensive as always, but this time there was no punch in her counter-punch. Where in the past she's answered hard-hit shots with wrong-footing backhands down the line, this time she was caught by those same shots and forced to loft up desperation stab lobs. JJ was also tentative when she was on the offensive, seeming to have no clue how she was supposed to construct a point—no "concept," as she put it.

She's been worse off before, as my friend Doug Robson of USA Today pointed out yesterday, when she lost 10 straight matches to start the year a few seasons ago. While JJ has been a model of consistency recently, she does have slumps and plateaus in her. In the past, she's found her way out of them, and I think she's too talented and driven not to do it again. Yesterday I wondered about the emphasis in modern tennis on physical work had gone too far. Jankovic, who said she "trusted the fitness" work that her trainer Pat Etcheberry had her do in the off-season, may be a cautionary tale—at heart, her game is about quickness and counterpunching and great court sense; you mess with the balance of those natural talents at your peril when you try to add physical power to the mix. Etcheberry knows his business, but he also trained Justine Henin to the point of exhaustion a few years ago.

To start 2009, I asked whether now was the time for a "major nosedive" by Jankovic. I thought maybe she'd gone as far as her ambition and self-conception would take her, but I also thought that her ambition had been upgraded when she became No. 1, and that she would avoid a letdown through hard work. Through no fault of her own, that hard work led her away from her strengths as a player and has left her wondering what she ever did well.

For now, Jankovic remains a complicated figure at a complicated moment. She trudged into her late-night, sparsely attended presser yesterday with a sad face. But she couldn't help a little black humor when the transcriber had trouble setting up her machine. "Don't worry, there isn't much to talk about," she moaned with a smile. "I hope it doesn't work."

By the end of the interview, JJ, a well of deep and varied emotions, had spun around 180 degrees. She was asked whether she had had "high hopes" coming to the BNP Paribas. The questions came from a reporter with an empathetic, rather than interrogative, tone of voice. It seemed to draw out those deep emotions and remind Jankovic of the expectations she had for this season only a few months ago. For once, Jankovic had nothing to say; she couldn't cover her disappointment with black humor. She had tears in her eyes.

:bigcry:

Snex
Mar 15th, 2009, 08:26 PM
:bigcry:

She had tears in her eyes.

:sad: :sad: :sad:
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

schorsch
Mar 15th, 2009, 08:31 PM
:tears: hire me as your coach jj :tears:

MaBaker
Mar 15th, 2009, 08:36 PM
For once, Jankovic had nothing to say; she couldn't cover her disappointment with black humor. She had tears in her eyes.
Omg :sad:

:tears: hire schorsch as your coach JJ :tears:

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 15th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Omg :sad:

:tears: hire schorsch as your coach JJ :tears:

:sad::sad::sad: don't cry, JJ! Everything is gonna be alright!:hug: Just hire schorsch, ok?

Brena
Mar 15th, 2009, 11:35 PM
:sad::sad::sad:
I need a good medicine for clinical depression.

schorsch
Mar 15th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Hmm, I wonder if you all support me to become JJ's coach, because you just want Ric to go or because you have faith in me :tears:

I have so much going for myself... I speak 6 languages fluently, I could eavesdrop on the conversations between her opponent and her coach during the changeovers for example :sobbing:

:p

ms_nut
Mar 15th, 2009, 11:39 PM

Aww.. you're just as bad as me...:hug:.The first day is always bad for me.... These losses sting for a week or at least the end of the tournament...:sad::sad:

Brena
Mar 15th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Hmm, I wonder if you all support me to become JJ's coach, because you just want Ric to go or because you have faith in me :tears:

I have so much going for myself... I speak 6 languages fluently, I could eavesdrop on the conversations between her opponent and her coach during the changeovers for example :sobbing:

I don't want Ricardo to go, I love that guy and the fact the GM hates him. :sad::sad: But Jorgos, you have my full support. :rocker: Maybe you could form some sort of collaboration.

Aww.. you're just as bad as me...:hug:.The first day is always bad for me.... These losses sting for a week or at least the end of the tournament...:sad::sad:

Thanks hon. :hug: But it's not just the loss, it's that seeing JJ so down gets me down too. It's like seeing a comedian in a tragic film role (errr...I don't know how to explain this :lol:)

ChriS.
Mar 15th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Poor JJ, she is a little lost at the moment. Maybe those around her let her down because they told her that she just had to work harder and she really would be the best tennis player. It was never going to be that easy. Good to see she still retains her sense of humour which is the main reason I love her in the first place.

schorsch
Mar 16th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Good thing I speak Spanish then :devil: Maybe JJ will understand what he says for a change then :sobbing:

Hit to different corner not two times or she hits with power. what the heck :sobbing: ?

Snex
Mar 16th, 2009, 12:23 AM

I have a packet of Diazepam, 5mg. That's all that i can offer. I prepared that packet for the AO but i didn't even open it. You would do me a great favour if you take some of these pills because i don't know what will happen after the first round in Miami...

MaBaker
Mar 16th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Watch some movie with Lepa Brena :shrug: I recommend "Hajde da se volimo 1" , my favourite scene is when Brena suddenly learns to control the plane, while she is kidnapped :bowdown:

schorsch
Mar 16th, 2009, 02:20 AM
March 14, 2009

A. PAVLYUCHENKOVA/J. Jankovic

6 4, 6 4

An interview with:

JELENA JANKOVIC

THE MODERATOR: What was the problem? Is that because you didn't play her before? Is it your game or something else? What happened?
JELENA JANKOVIC: I don't know. I'm struggling in this moment to find my game overall and find the confidence on the court. She played well. I don't know the way she plays Europe but she played solid today.
Obviously she was the better player. But I'm not at my level. That's the case. I'm trying to find that game and trying to come back into the form. But I'm struggling at the moment.

Q. Can you pinpoint any more specifically what you feel like you're struggling with?
JELENA JANKOVIC: Overall, everything. You know, my whole concept of the game, it's kind of off, especially during the points. I don't feel some of my shots that were my weapons before.
Overall I think the whole game needs some adjustments and some kind of finding the rhythm and finding the way to construct the points and just find the timing back. Overall, the confidence, when you have to play those points.

Q. You went through your slump before, the ten match slump. Can you look back on that and draw something from that to help you get out of what you're experiencing right now?
JELENA JANKOVIC: It was a different case. I did some different training in the off season. In the beginning, I felt really different with my body because I got a little bit of muscles and I felt heavier on the court.
It took me time to adjust to that. Now I'm coming back to normal. Still not there yet. But for me, that was something different.
I was never used to having like almost seven kilos. It's like five kilos more than usual. It's like ten pounds. It's like when I had to move, especially playing in Australia and some other tournaments, I felt really heavy on the court and really had no reaction.
Playing like that, you don't feel satisfied. You're just trying to find the game back. Last year I finished No. 1 in the world and I was playing great tennis, especially at the end of the year. This year I'm not the same player. So I'm trying to get that.

Q. The Djokovic family is working on a tennis tournament as you know. I would like to know your thoughts on what that means for the future of the tennis in your country and as well...
JELENA JANKOVIC: I can't answer that now. I'm not in the mood.

Q. She's young and rising fast. Did you feel going in she could be dangerous and what do you think she did well against you today?
JELENA JANKOVIC: She's a solid player. I don't know how her future will be. She's a young player. I don't know about her. I wasn't really focusing on her game. I was just trying to focus on myself and focus on what I can do to get better.
Obviously it was a big struggle, and that was the case. But she's a good player. She has a good potential.

Q. After finishing the year No. 1, why did you try different training? Were you training for endurance?
JELENA JANKOVIC: I don't know. Just trust in training. It was not my tennis. It was my physical condition. I did a lot of endurance, and I don't know. For some reason I got so much slower and lost the first step.
Now trying to you probably can see. Now I'm moving much, much better than how I moved, especially in Australia or Dubai or some of those tournaments I was even worse.
Maybe it's a little bit better, but it's still not it's, you know, I don't know how to explain it, actually.

Q. Do you think that can be fixed quickly or will it take time?
JELENA JANKOVIC: I don't know. I wish I had a magic stick and just fix my game and just playing awesome tennis again. I would like it to be that way, but sometimes it's not.

Q. Are you doing anything specific to try to lose the weight and get the first step back?
JELENA JANKOVIC: I don't know. Maybe I'm fat or I don't know what it is. I was bigger. I was really bigger and it was something that I was not used to. I was always a certain weight and always you know, my best weapon was my legs. I always moved and I had the anticipation and I was always on the ball.
Now I just cannot do that. I'm one step too slow or one step too much into the shot. And then all the strokes break down and I don't have the timing and my accuracy is not there.
I mean, overall everything is wrong. I need a lot of work.

Q. What will you do between now and Miami?
JELENA JANKOVIC: I don't know. Train, probably, if I can.

Q. Will you go back to Florida? Back to Bollettieri's?
JELENA JANKOVIC: I don't know.

Q. Even though you know you're not playing very well, it still seems very disappointing for you. Did you still have high hopes coming into the tournament?
JELENA JANKOVIC: It's okay. You know, I had high hopes, but my game is not there so it's done.

Brena
Mar 16th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Watch some movie with Lepa Brena :shrug: I recommend "Hajde da se volimo 1" , my favourite scene is when Brena suddenly learns to control the plane, while she is kidnapped :bowdown:

She doesn't ''learn it suddenly''. Flying a plane is just one of Brena's numerous inherent super-qualities! But otherwise, it's not a bad idea at all! :yeah:

:sobbing: I love you, JJ. :sad::hug:

Maybe I'm fat
:smash: Women... :rolleyes:

When I read this my first thought was ''Nooo! Don't jump under a train!''

Poor Jelena, she sounds terrible. Now I feel guilty for being mean to her after the YEc and the AO. :sad:

дalex
Mar 16th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Q. The Djokovic family is working on a tennis tournament as you know. I would like to know your thoughts on what that means for the future of the tennis in your country and as well...

Q. Will you go back to Florida? Back to Bollettieri's?
JELENA JANKOVIC: I don't know.

Q. Even though you know you're not playing very well, it still seems very disappointing for you. Did you still have high hopes coming into the tournament?
JELENA JANKOVIC: It's okay. You know, I had high hopes, but my game is not there so it's done.

She really sounds sad. This is the worst interview I've ever read from her. She doesn't know if she can train, she doesn't know if she's going to Florida? Where else would she go? She has a house there and the next tourney is there. :spit:

schorsch
Mar 16th, 2009, 01:12 PM
hmmm, i think i will send na li a question for her blog on wtatour.com she should take jj for shopping at that mall she wrote about in her blog.

Snex
Mar 16th, 2009, 01:28 PM
She really sounds sad. This is the worst interview I've ever read from her. She doesn't know if she can train, she doesn't know if she's going to Florida? Where else would she go? She has a house there and the next tourney is there. :spit:

She will, the most probably, go to Kotor to spend some time with Mladjo (never enough of scratching with Barbi Boy, perhaps he has a magic wand that she needs :rolls:) and to visit her future mother-in-law, father-in-law and brother-in-law, as well as her relatives in Montenegro. Then, she'll present her new spring collection, have some interviews and photoshots, and then get back to USA, precisely to Miami.

It is also very possible that she'll go to some secret place on this planet in order to escape from publicity. I don't know if i'm crazy or not, but i expect her better performance in Miami :silly: I also don't know how long i'll believe that everything is not that black...

-NAJ-
Mar 16th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Dejan Vranjes said for Press that he is sure that JJ impoved her game. He saw her

practice in belgrade several times and he think that is problem ih her head.

Online translate

http://www.pressonline.rs/page/stories/sr.html?view=story&id=60807&sectionId=44

дalex
Mar 16th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Dejan Vranjes said for Press that he is sure that JJ impoved her game. He saw her

practice in belgrade several times and he think that is problem ih her head.

Online translate

http://www.pressonline.rs/page/stories/sr.html?view=story&id=60807&sectionId=44

It definitely must be in her head. We all talk a lot about her bad matches this year (Bartoli, Kanepi, Pavlyuchacha). We're forgeting that even if she hasn't played a fully great match this year (she rarely did that throughout her career due to her picnicky mind), she did show some very good tennis in Paris and Fed Cup. I saw some brilliant service games against Mauresmo and I saw some really great forehands. So, at times this year she did show some great signs of improvement and in Paris she really didn't look that slow.

Hopefully she'll figure this out very soon and will start winning them all which is what we expect from her. :D

schorsch
Mar 18th, 2009, 02:03 AM
maybe at the next tourna she'll draw bondarenko :ras:

Snex
Mar 18th, 2009, 07:36 AM
maybe at the next tourna she'll draw bondarenko :ras:

Or Meusburger...

RFS
Mar 18th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I just hope she gets her JJ mojo back from wherever Mlado has hidden it ... (under a duvet, no doubt!!!)

Snex
Mar 18th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I just hope she gets her JJ mojo back from wherever Mlado has hidden it ... (under a duvet, no doubt!!!)

Wtf is duvet? :confused:

RFS
Mar 18th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Ah ... duvet is like the top cover for a bed - so under the duvet with Mlado!!!!!

Snex
Mar 18th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Ah ... duvet is like the top cover for a bed - so under the duvet with Mlado!!!!!

Yes, i found it in Wiki. :lol:

Rozzie, no matter how my posts can be bitter sometimes after JJ's "unexpected" defeats you're always leaving me behind with your comments.

:yeah:

~Kiera~
Mar 19th, 2009, 07:25 PM
http://www.tennis.com/features/general/features.aspx?id=168396

Viewpoint: Midterm grades at Indian Wells

As we approach the second weekend at Indian Wells, it's time to hand out the As, Bs, Cs (and worse):

FSN/MSG+

How does one adequately describe the awfulness that is Fox Sports Net’s coverage of Indian Wells? After a late dinner, I arrived home Tuesday night eager to watch some tennis, in part because I had been denied coverage earlier in the day (MSG+, which is FSN for those of us in New York City, decided to broadcast a NCAA basketball preview show). The coverage was supposed to start at 10:30 p.m., but it didn’t begin until after 11:00 p.m. because MSG+ decided to run it’s high school basketball highlight show—yes, high school basketball—in full. High school basketball takes precedence over tennis? Apparently, so do fishing and poker, since that’s what MSG+ viewers watched Wednesday instead of Roger Federer and Fernando Gonzalez. Adam Helfant, take note: Your new sport rates below fishing, poker and prep hoops. Something must be done. Until then, I suggest watching TennisTV.com (decent quality streaming, but it would be much better if the darn thing had a half-screen option to go along with the small-screen setting, which is too small, and the full-screen setting, which looks blurry). Grade: F

P.S.: Didn’t an arena with M.S.G. in its name recently hold a tennis exhibition? Hmmm. I must be mistaken.

Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova

Pavlyuchenkova, the 17-year-old Russian, dominated the junior circuit for years, but her initiation into the professional ranks has been difficult. Perhaps she’s ready to claim a permanent place among the sport’s contenders. In four matches so far, she hasn’t lost a set; she also knocked Jelena Jankovic, who began the year at No. 1 in the rankings, out of the tournament. Pavlyuchenkova has an excellent chance to reach the final: She’ll play Agnieszka Radwanska for a spot in the semifinals, and then the winner of Ana Ivanovic and Sybille Bammer. Pavlyuchenkova’s steady, rather than meteoric, rise begs the question: Have we seen the last of the teenage prodigies (Tracy Austin, Monica Seles, Martina Hingis and Jennifer Capriati, to name just a few of the sport’s fabulous teens)? If so, maybe that’s not a terrible thing. It could be that slow development leads to a longer career. Grade: A

Andy Roddick

Roddick’s improved speed and footwork were on display against Nicolas Kiefer, the veteran who used to give Roger Federer trouble in the past. He’ll have to get past David Ferrer, Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal to reach the final. Grade: A-

Jelena Jankovic

Jankovic seems to believe that her off-season training regimen (she bulked up) has caused her problems this year. She feels slower, and her timing is off. This is one of those attractive theories—player puts on muscle, slows down, ruins career—that makes less sense the more you think about it. It’s not as if Jankovic has put on 20 pounds; she’s marginally bigger than last year. She doesn’t seem to have lost any flexibility, as indicated by the many splits, or near splits, she executes on the court. I can’t imagine that she’s slower, either, as her stronger muscles ought to give her more power to push around the extra weight.

My theory: The off-season changes have become an excuse for poor play so far this year, and poor play that isn’t too surprising. Jankovic doesn’t have the serve or forehand to dominate opponents. Even at her best, she lets a lot of inferior players hang around. I’ve noticed that her opponents are taking more risks this year, especially on Jankovic’s weak serve. If she concentrates on what she can do on the court, in terms of strategy, rather than on past decisions she can’t change, she’ll be fine. If not, 2009 could be a long year. Grade: D

On-Court Coaching

Last night I saw, for the first time, a mildly interesting on-court coaching session. Craig Kardon, Ana Ivanovic’s new coach, advised Ivanovic (at the end of the first set against Flavia Pennetta, which Ivanovic had won moments earlier) to take something off her first serve and get it in, rather than go for a powerful serve and miss it. (Ivanovic, covering her mouth, asked, “Where should I serve it?” Kardon suggested aiming at Pennetta’s body.) Ivanovic took his advice—and lost her serve to open the set. She lost her second service game, too, fell behind 3-0, and eventually lost the set (she won the match in three sets). Thanks, coach! I haven’t come across many tennis fans who believe on-court coaching will have a payoff for viewers; perhaps it won’t help the players much, either. Grade: F

Ana Ivanovic

Speaking of Ivanovic, it’s great to hear that she’s confident again and working well with Kardon. Still, she has much to do if she wants to become a dominant champ. I spoke to Sven Groeneveld, Ivanovic’s former coach, at the U.S. Open last year, and he mentioned that Ivanovic’s service toss needed work. To improve it, Ivanovic would toss a weighted ball, then a slightly lighter one, then a tennis ball. The goal was to recondition her arm and erase bad habits. Those habits are back this week—I’ve seen Ivanovic swipe at tosses that float off to her right and too far to her left, as well as ones that drop too low. It’s symbolic of her game: She can do amazing things with the ball, but takes too many risks while doing them. Grade: B

Bob and Mike Bryan

The twins, who won the Australian Open doubles title, continue to impress this year. In the first round, they dumped Federer and Yves Allegro, 6-2, 6-0. Last night, they took out Rafael Nadal and Marc Lopez, 6-3, 6-4. Now that they have beaten the teams with the two best players in the world, they have Andy Murray, ranked No. 4, in their sights (they could meet Murray and Ross Hutchins in the semifinals). Grade: A

WTA Tour, Minus the Williams Sisters

Let’s hope the Williams sisters, who do not play at Indian Wells, stay on the tour for at least five or six more years. Without them, the tour becomes much easier to ignore. There are several compelling established players on the tour—Jankovic, Ivanovic and Dinara Safina—and a few more, like Caroline Wozniacki and Victoria Azarenka, who seem destined for success. Not one of these players, however, has the qualities, or confidence, of the game's past champions (Steffi Graf, Martina Navratilova, Justine Henin; the list goes on). Elite players don’t lose matches because their lesser opponents were patient and willing to wait for errors. Until Jankovic and company stop doing this, the women’s game will lack the stars it needs to succeed. Grade: C

Rafael Nadal

One thing Nadal fans have to be happy about: Their man no longer wastes time in the early rounds. In Australia, he won efficiently until the semifinals. So far this tournament, he hasn’t expended much energy (we’ll see if that continues against David Nalbandian Wednesday evening). If Nadal can continue to limit his time on court, he’ll have a better chance of staying healthy, and staying on top for a long, long time. Grade: A+

John Isner

The 6-foot-9 Isner, who has beaten Gael Monfils and Marat Safin this week, hasn’t looked this convincing since his fine run in the summer of 2007. Is it a sign of progress, or a fluke? Grade: A

Snex
Mar 19th, 2009, 09:16 PM
The off-season changes have become an excuse for poor play so far this year, and poor play that isn’t too surprising.

Why that isn't too surprising, Rozzie explained in one good comment :lol:

Wrekin
Mar 20th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Well here it is. All rather saddening :sad:

To my dear fans,

Firstly, I want to apologize for not writing in so long. I've had some problems in the family and haven't been playing my best, so I've been quite preoccupied. I'm happy to write to you all again now, though, and tell you what's going on.

I haven't started the year like I wanted to. As you can all see, I haven't been playing well at all. I'm struggling with my game, most importantly my reactions and speed. I feel quite heavy on the court. I'm getting to my shots late, and I'm never in the right place.. At this level, at the top of the women's game, you need this. It has been my biggest weapon in the past, too. Even when my shots weren't working I always had my legs, and I've won many matches because I've moved and competed well. It was always my Plan B, and it's not there anymore. I've lost it now. I'm just trying to find it again.

My preparation in the off-season was different this year, and I don't think the change has worked out for me. These weren't the results I expected. Especially after ending last year so well, my goal this year was to start dominating women's tennis. I wanted to be even better in 2009. I feel like I've gone down a few levels. My whole game is suffering, and I've lost my confidence. I'm making changes, like I'll be working with a new fitness coach. I hope to find my game again soon. I'm staying positive. I need to keep growing and working hard, and keep my head up high even though it's not so easy sometimes.

I'm here in Indian Wells with my mom, who hasn't been feeling so well. She's struggling with some health problems. I'm really worried about her. That also affects my tennis, because I'm so close to her and the last few nights I haven't slept many hours. If she needs something, I want to be right there with her. As a tennis player you go through a crisis now and then with your game, but it's just a game, and at the end of the day there are more important things: the people who are close to you, the ones you love a lot. I just hope she gets better, that's what I care about most in this moment. My game can come together sooner or later, hopefully. It can be hard to talk about these things... hopefully you can all understand.

I'm leaving for Miami soon and will write to you from there next week. I hope things will start to change for the better. Many people have been asking me why I haven't been smiling on the court lately. All I can say is, hopefully you'll see the smile back very soon :)

Hopefully you're all doing well. Take care and a big hug to all of you.

Jelena

RFS
Mar 20th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Awwwwww.... see now instead of wanting to batter her senseless I just wanna hug her...

дalex
Mar 20th, 2009, 02:05 PM
She fired Pat... I hope they're still friends, though.

Sneki, :hug: :hug: :hug:

Jelena, :hug: :hug:

Brena
Mar 20th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Sneki, :hug: :hug: :hug:

Jelena, :hug: :hug:

x2 :sad:

Optima
Mar 20th, 2009, 02:50 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug:

schorsch
Mar 20th, 2009, 02:54 PM
sneki :scared: she looked so pale and tired during the nastya match :sad: :hug:

Snex
Mar 20th, 2009, 03:53 PM
:awww: I'm so sorry for Sneki. I hope that she'll soon recover. I'd like to see my namesake smiling again, and her daughter as well. Perhaps it will happen already in Miami.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=15197263#post15197263

Positive thing is that she sent Pat to Machu Picchu...

Kampi
Mar 20th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Good to hear from her after a long periode of time, but it's not good to hear that stuff about Sneki.:eek: I mean this is not the first she is having health problems and I'm starting to become really concerned if this can the be really the way for her, traveling around the world with Jelena. I wish her all the very best.

JadeFox
Mar 20th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Well here it is. All rather saddening :sad:

Noooooo!!!

Hopefully Sneki will be fine! :hug::hug::hug:

Princeza
Mar 20th, 2009, 06:58 PM
As a tennis player you go through a crisis now and then with your game, but it's just a game, and at the end of the day there are more important things: the people who are close to you, the ones you love a lot. I just hope she gets better, that's what I care about most in this moment.
Titles will come, take care of Sneki first :sobbing:

MaBaker
Mar 20th, 2009, 08:33 PM
As a tennis player you go through a crisis now and then with your game, but it's just a game, and at the end of the day there are more important things: the people who are close to you, the ones you love a lot. I just hope she gets better, that's what I care about most in this moment.
:awww:

Sneki :hug:

MagicMilan
Mar 20th, 2009, 09:08 PM
So sad to hear that about Sneki :sad:
It's so hard to think of other things when you or the people you care about are having health problems. No wonder her tennis is suffering. I just hope it's nothing serious and she finds a reason to get that lovely smile back :)

-NAJ-
Mar 20th, 2009, 09:11 PM
http://www.blic.rs/_customfiles/Image/slike/2009/03_mart/21/sport/jelena-x.jpg

ChriS.
Mar 21st, 2009, 12:18 AM
http://www.blic.rs/_customfiles/Image/slike/2009/03_mart/21/sport/jelena-x.jpgSuch a lovely pic. Hope her mum gets well soon.

rucolo
Mar 21st, 2009, 12:19 AM
I expected it. Nice to hear Jelena talk about it.:)
Of course we understand her.:hug:
Hope your mother will be healthy again soon.

Stay strong, Jelena! Then success and smile will return!!!:kiss::D

terjw
Mar 21st, 2009, 02:25 AM

:hug: Sneki, Jelena

louisa.
Mar 21st, 2009, 07:19 AM
:sad: :hug: get better soon Sneki :awww:

JadeFox
Mar 21st, 2009, 10:24 AM

Get well soon Sneki! :hug:

Michael27
Mar 21st, 2009, 11:42 AM
That explains everything.

Just take care of your Mum, Jelena. :hug::hug: Everything else comes second.

I hope Sneki will feel better soon. :D:kiss::hug:

Then the smiles for both Jelena and Sneki will be back twentyfold. :yippee::yippee::banana::banana:

дalex
Mar 21st, 2009, 12:03 PM
http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2009/03/find-out-what-it-means-to-me.html
In every press conference he's given this week, Djokovic has stressed that tennis is a mental game. Right now, if you put Djokovic and Jelena Jankovic side by side and asked the player with the greater confidence in their own game to step forward, you could probably watch the two of them walk backwards until their backs hit the wall.

Tashi
Mar 21st, 2009, 08:10 PM
:awww: Sneki. Get better soon!

rucolo
Mar 21st, 2009, 08:57 PM
http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2009/03/find-out-what-it-means-to-me.html

In every press conference he's given this week, Djokovic has stressed that tennis is a mental game. Right now, if you put Djokovic and Jelena Jankovic side by side and asked the player with the greater confidence in their own game to step forward, you could probably watch the two of them walk backwards until their backs hit the wall.

:spit: :lol:

Nina.
Mar 21st, 2009, 09:34 PM
poor Sneki :awww: get well soon!

MaBaker
Mar 25th, 2009, 01:49 PM
http://www.pressonline.rs/page/stories/sr.html?view=story&id=61421&sectionId=44

JELENA LAKNULO, MAMA her recovering

Serbian teniserka blista of luck on the training in Miami, because the health of her mother repaired. Jelena ready to Soni Erikson dogura open bar to the finals, as last year

Returned her smile on the face ... Jelena Jankovic

Teniserki Serbian Jelena Jankovic finally laknulo, because the health of her mother repaired. Jelena's mother Snezana had a heart problem and pressure during the stay in Indiana Wales, however, we have moved things better, which is immediately reflected in the Serbian teniserka, that is not his smile from the face during the training in Miami.

Clips from her training in Florida, where the prestigious tournament starts Thursday Soni Erikson open (hard base, 4.5 million), clearly showed that the third world women's rackets mood significantly repaired after heavy moments that survived last week.

- Jelena is very attached to mother and not her was not easy to concentrate on tennis while Snežana was bad. However, as is now luring its better Jelena looks very happy and should be expected to quickly regain the form that it has led to the first WTA list. You will again see the Džej Džej - says our source close Jankovićevoj.

Otherwise, Džej Džej in Miami defends last year's placement in the finals, where it is barely Jade in three sets savladala Serena Williams. Then the Serbian teniserka occupied third place in the WTA list, but was in far better shape than it is now. Problems with movement and the timing is just destroyed this season, so decided to cease cooperation with one of the world's largest specialist for physical preparation, the fifth Ečeberijem.

Sneki :woohoo:
Jelena smiling :inlove: :sobbing:
Google translation :rocker2:

Brena
Mar 25th, 2009, 01:57 PM

Sneki :woohoo:
Jelena smiling :inlove: :sobbing:
Google translation :rocker2:

Thanks Mama Baker!
JJ and Mama Her :hug: :inlove:

MaBaker
Mar 25th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Thanks Mama Baker!

:spit:

Btw, I like your new pic, it's so "JJ" :hearts:

Brena
Mar 25th, 2009, 02:17 PM

Btw, I like your new pic, it's so "JJ" :hearts:

Thanks, it's actually an old one, but it's my favourite avatar - Jj doing JJ-ish things she loves best. :hearts:

schorsch
Mar 25th, 2009, 03:37 PM
sneki :awww:

pica_pica
Mar 25th, 2009, 04:50 PM
"In every press conference he's given this week, Djokovic has stressed that tennis is a mental game. Right now, if you put Djokovic and Jelena Jankovic side by side and asked the player with the greater confidence in their own game to step forward, you could probably watch the two of them walk backwards until their backs hit the wall. "

Language-wise, this is funny. But it's depressing that both my two favorites are undergoing confidence crisis.
Can they try to cheer each other up? Maybe they should play the Hopman Cup again in 2010. They have both lost their smiles on court.

-NAJ-
Mar 25th, 2009, 05:35 PM

They are saying that Sneki is ok because JJ had smile on her face during that training:help::help::help::help:

They don't have informations about that only photos:help:

schorsch
Mar 25th, 2009, 06:28 PM
:rain:

~Kiera~
Mar 26th, 2009, 06:11 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idUSTRE52P4QL20090326

Clijsters comeback is brilliant for tour, says Serena

LONDON (Reuters) - Former world number one Kim Clijsters's return to the WTA Tour later this year will be great for women's tennis, according to Serena Williams.

The 25-year-old Belgian retired from the sport two years ago to get married and have a baby but has opted to make her comeback at the Cincinnati Open in August.

"It will be great for the game to have such a great sportswoman back," world number one Williams told Reuters.

"She is so nice, it will be good to have her around. She was so fit and she is young so I don't think she will have problems."

Clijsters, the 2005 U.S. Open champion, walked away from tennis while ranked fourth in the world after being plagued by a number of injuries during the latter stages of her career.

During her absence the WTA has addressed some of the issues that pushed her into early retirement, including shortening the season and reducing the number of tournaments that top players have to compete in.

'GREAT CHAMPION'

The changes should help Clijsters to combine her tennis commitments with those of being a mother to 13-month-old Jada.

"I am delighted one of our great champions ... will be returning to professional tennis and the WTA Tour this year," WTA chief Larry Scott said in a statement.

"Kim was an extremely popular player both with the fans and other players and it will be great to see her competitive spirit come alive again on court."

World number three Jelena Jankovic said: "It's really cool. She is a great girl, a great champion and a great athlete.

"It has to be good for us, the sport is all about great competition and personalities," added the Serb.

It's not great for you, Jelena. She leads your H2H 6-0 :o

Brena
Mar 26th, 2009, 06:35 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idUSTRE52P4QL20090326

It's not great for you, Jelena. She leads your H2H 6-0 :o

Oh, great. Justine, what are you waiting for? :rolleyes:

ayliya
Mar 29th, 2009, 07:22 AM
JJ's post match presser after losing to Gisela Dulko (2nd round) at the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami.

JELENA JANKOVIC

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. You were saying before the tournament that you weren't really feeling yourself in terms of your form. Are you still battling with those same things you were talking about?

JELENA JANKOVIC: Yes. You know, I started -- to be honest, I started to move better on
the court and started to kind of, you know, get in the match, but I didn't play the way, you know, I
normally play. That's a fact. And it's the truth, in this moment, for the last three months. I haven't been playing well at all. I've been losing to the players because I'm just not at my level. I'm not the same player as I used to be. I lost because, due to those bad results and all this, you know, that I haven't moved well and I change all these things. I lost a couple of matches which, you know, was for my caliber it's not really acceptable, and so I lost a little bit of confidence. That showed today in the match, you know. In important points, I let my opponent come back into the match because I played bad points. I mean, I made bad mistakes and I served poorly. The whole time I didn't make many first serves, and when you play the whole time with a second serve it's very hard. During the practice I served well. I started to feel my serve, and then I went on the court in the match and I couldn't make two first serves in the first set. So I need to keep working hard. You know, now the clay season starts, and hopefully I will begin my season, because I still
haven't begun at all. For three months I haven't been doing well at all, and I hope to begin my
season sometime soon.

Q. Do you know what you have to do, though? It's not a mystery to you now? Can you pinpoint...

JELENA JANKOVIC: I just need to, you know, get into -- because for three months I wasn't in this situation when I'm winning matches. Normally it comes for you as a habit, which happened last year and the year before where I won so many matches. All I knew is how to win matches. No matter what, even if it's -- I'm down a set at 5-Love, I still have that belief and confidence I'm going to win, I'm going to stay in the match, and at the end of the day I'm going to come out as a
winner. And now I need to find that habit again, find a habit of winning matches and playing poorly, whatever, tired, not tired, don't feel the shots, whatever it is. My opponent plays great. I need to find a way to win, and that's what I'm looking for. Hopefully I'm going to find that, you know, confidence and that, you know, the whole construction of my game sometime soon. That's
all. I mean, it's very disappointing, and it's very difficult sometimes, but that's the way it goes.

Q. This evening did you didn't do something or she did something, because you were ahead in the first set and you were in the tiebreak?

JELENA JANKOVIC: I did. Everything depended on me. When I started to play my game I was ahead, and then when I was ahead I kind of stopped and made errors. I let her come back into
the match. I mean, it's my mistake, and something that I need to work on and I need to improve in
order to win those matches. When I play my game, then it's a whole different story. But I have a lot of ups and downs during a match. I play a little bit better for a few games, and then I drop down. I need to find the consistency, and that -- but that all comes with the confidence, and especially playing those important points. It's what separates the big players from the rest.

Q. Do you feel a problem when you lose lots of points? Because last year you were in the finals here.

JELENA JANKOVIC: I'm not thinking about my points. All I'm thinking about when I find my game. When you find your game, the results come and the season is very long, and there's a lot of time to play. But I mean, I just need to start playing some tennis. I mean, I'm just looking to play good
tennis, and then when you're going to do that, results come on their own.

Q. Do you feel that the crowd was noisier than usual, or...

JELENA JANKOVIC: No, I mean, I'm used to playing on the stadium courts with full crowds. It's nothing new to me, so that didn't bother me. I love playing when it's a lot of people watching. It just gives you more motivation to fight out there, to hang in the match. So, I mean, a lot of fans came to support both of the players, and I think that's a lot of fun.

Oh, JJ. We want you back - hopefully before clay season starts. :help:

Brena
Mar 29th, 2009, 11:13 AM
She sounds strangely composed. :unsure: What pills is she on?

дalex
Mar 29th, 2009, 11:46 AM
^Valium.

JELENA JANKOVIC: I'm not thinking about my points. All I'm thinking about when I find my game. When you find your game, the results come and the season is very long, and there's a lot of time to play. But I mean, I just need to start playing some tennis. I mean, I'm just looking to play good
tennis, and then when you're going to do that, results come on their own.

This sounds like a typical :bs: top players are saying when they're in a slump. Stop losing, Jelena!

Mony
Mar 29th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Whats going on with her these days?
Please come back soon,The WTA need a boss

~Kiera~
Mar 29th, 2009, 11:56 AM
All I'm thinking about when I find my game. When you find your game, the results come and the season is very long, and there's a lot of time to play.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8232/4216607222.jpg

Nope, it's not under the sofa.

дalex
Mar 29th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Nope, it's not under the sofa.

:speakles:

It must be in her hands, but she's panicking too much to realise that. It happens with me and my keys all the time. :shrug:

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 29th, 2009, 12:01 PM
I wish she would just explode, let all her frustrations out and say something like
"I'm a total mess right now. My game is gone and I couldn't win my way out of a paper bag! BUT I will keep working on everything, until I'm able to win again."

This will never happen, but I can't stand all those mass manufactured answers players give out when they lose!

Snex
Mar 29th, 2009, 12:08 PM
This interview :weirdo: :weirdo: :weirdo:

~Kiera~
Mar 29th, 2009, 12:12 PM
:speakles:

It must be in her hands, but she's panicking too much to realise that. It happens with me and my keys all the time. :shrug:

Perhaps we should write "left" and "right" on her hands with permanent ink. Give her a head start :yeah:

~Kiera~
Mar 29th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Carrie's twitter feed, posted over at Forty Deuce (http://cowbell.typepad.com/forty_deuce/)

Finally made it. Tennis? Nah, need a burrito and a margarita.

Seeing Andreev in person it's almost harder to believe he's with Makiri.

Umpire just asked Lu to wait before he served 3 times and he served anyway. Hilarity.

Got a peartini to dull the pain of missing our chance to have Dina sign Sodapop's iPhone cover. This drink is going to drive me straight into AA

Amelie and Sveta having a hit on the court next to us.

This match has turned into a WTA mess.

6th time's a charm.

I think I'm bringing bad luck to Daveeeeeeeed

Serbian crowd in da hizzouse.

Sodapop just gasped so loud I thought maybe Dina had shown up to play Janko's match. But no, MoLay is umping!

Janko has an intensely adorable 6 year old fan.

I am completely in love with Mohamed Layani.

Janko is Slavic angst personified.

The Tipsarevic/Melzer match is PACKED. Standing room only, people standing at the top of the next court, etc. Decent quality, MoLay announcing score w drama

Great match from Janko.

Six year old Janko uber fan sprinted down, Janko grinned and immediately gave the kid his wristbands. Cute.

At Murray/Monaco. Andy looks a little rusty.

Monaco/Murray getting a little rowdy. Lots of Argentinians with football chanting.

New theory: people who don't have (little) brothers don't like Murray. The 2 of us who have little brothers like him and the two who don't, don't

Andy's looking woozy.

BOMBSHELL: Anna Wintour at a tennis match not involving Roger Federer.

Andy wins, despite his best efforts.

Massive Chilean crowd goes loco for Massu win. Mardy looks totally douchey.

Bepa is, uh, serving amazingly. I don't think she's gotten a first serve in yet.

The WTA's inability to hold serve really is comical.

Two first serves in a row from Bepa! Give that girl a trophy.

Bepa is surgically precise about towel/chair placement on changeovers.

New pre-racquet smash move from Bepa: a tour jete.

Bepa shooting AMAZING dirty looks at a small group of Garbin fans. Hilarious.

When Garbin's down, she starts screaming REALLY loud. Once Bepa started it too, only she has the girliest squeak imaginable, so the effect is not quite the same

Bepa's dramatizations of bad line calls are so choice.

Bepa flings herself on the court in frustration. Oh, and now she's crying. Well, there's both of my Bepa goals fulfilled.

Guy two rows down suggested amazing book title: Crying in My Towel, an autobiography by Vera Zvonereva.

Talking to Sam under the towel. It appears to involve Sam whispering right in her ear. This is ammmmazing.

Bepa just shanked a forehand backwards and, whacked herself in the head with her racquet, and had a long, loud, involved conversation with herself

Well, that was the most entertaining match I've seen in a long time, for reasons having nothing to do with tennis.

"Don't You Forget About Me" is on the sound system in main stadium and I'm mentally casting 40 Deuce High in The Breakfast Club.

Ah, flamenco dancing. I feel right at home.

Sodapop just actually called me Carrie in conversation. Time to cut off the tequila.

Just almost tackled Dominika, much to Sodapop's amusement.

BOMBSHELL: Marat shaved his head!

I'd still hit it.

Marat and PHM seem not to grasp the idea that if both your opponents are at net, you might venture on up there yourself.
PHM's vibration dampener just flew out of his racquet. Woman behind us: "I think he lost his vibrator."

Marat just asked a ballgirl for a ball. She tossed it to him and he just whacked it out of the court. Before it hit the ground. Safinness at its best

Watching Marat and PHM play doubles is like a comedy of errors.

Marat just got into it with Mariana Alves and she rolled her eyes at him. Epic.

Jelena's dress is really kind of tragic. The bow in the back really kills it. Gisela, meanwhile, is wearing the Lacoste Olivia Newton John line

My friend K's comment on Jelena's serving: "Gisela was so surprised that first serve went in she almost forgot to return it."

Okay, this game at 1-1 is hilariously bad.

K: "And the fans leave in droves!"

An ace?? K: "What just happened?!"

Jelena might accidentally win this match, but it's totally obvious that her confidence is shot.

On the bright side, her challenging ability is much improved!
Bought Dinara's shirt, am joking that I'm going to wear it to her match tomorrow and sit in the front row eating an ice cream sundae.
New strategy for success against Jelena: run her all over the court. Kind of sad, actually.

Gisela serving for the set, but K and I can only remember two holds in this match so far, so...

Jelena calls Ricardo down. Good luck, Ricky.

Ricardo, of course, is going bugnuts.

Jelena's first serve percentage: 52%. Jelena's challenge percentage: 75%.

Jelena sitting on the court a la Bepa, but not- so far as I can tell- crying.

Olivia Newton John is really playing pretty well. JJ is... not.

I don't want Jelena to lose. But I would like this match to end. Conundrum.

Oh JJ. Now that she's lost, I feel really bad for her. [sigh]

дalex
Mar 29th, 2009, 12:21 PM
On the bright side, her challenging ability is much improved!

I'm ecstatic! :woohoo:

schorsch
Mar 29th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Q. Would you consider this to be the biggest win of your career or top 5 when it comes to wins or how would you rank today?
AGNES SZAVAY: Top 5, but not the biggest.
Q. What would you consider your biggest?
AGNES SZAVAY: Biggest? Probably when I beat Jankovic.

:angel:

дalex
Mar 29th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Q. Would you consider this to be the biggest win of your career or top 5 when it comes to wins or how would you rank today?
AGNES SZAVAY: Top 5, but not the biggest.
Q. What would you consider your biggest?
AGNES SZAVAY: Biggest? Probably when I beat Jankovic.

I'm exhilirated! :woohoo:

ms_nut
Mar 29th, 2009, 10:35 PM

:lol: Finally, i've reached closure regarding that loss at the China Open 2007 Final...

Was it ever in doubt though .. beating GOAT JJ always becomes the biggest win of your career..

Brena
Mar 29th, 2009, 10:52 PM

yesyesyesyesyes!!! Finally the proof JJ is a bigger goat than Ana. :woohoo:
Agi knows. :cool:

дalex
Mar 29th, 2009, 11:01 PM
The truth is out there. :cool:

Just Do It
Mar 29th, 2009, 11:02 PM
At least that :sobbing:

schorsch
Apr 3rd, 2009, 02:53 PM
The first ever edition of the Andalucía Tennis Experience is about to get under way. The moment has come for the real stars of the tournament to start arriving in Marbella: the tennis players themselves. One of the first to arrive was Jelena Jankovic; ranked number 3 in the world, and who travelled to Malaga this morning from Miami, having changed flights in Madrid. Jankovic’s arrival at Malaga airport was the focus of major interest, and after collecting her baggage, the Serbian player headed off to Marbella in the company of her coach, Ricardo Sánchez and her brother, Marko Jankovic. The 24 year old Balkan star will be staying at Hotel Puente Romano in Marbella, just a few metres away from the Tennis Club where the tournament is taking place. On arrival, Jelena, looking tired after her long journey, explained how thrilled she is to be taking part in the tournament: “I am very happy to be in Marbella to compete in the Andalucía Tennis Experience” she said. “It is a lovely place and I can’t wait for it all to start”. But there was also bad news, for France’s Amélie Mauresmo will finally not be taking part in the tournament. “I am very sad to announce that I will not be able to play in the Andalucía Tennis Experience in Marbella this year” said the world number 20. “I hope the tournament is a success and I hope to take part next year”
:P

-NAJ-
Apr 3rd, 2009, 02:59 PM
clay season starts from Monday.

JJ please win that tournament

MaBaker
Apr 3rd, 2009, 03:07 PM
“It is a lovely place and I can’t wait for it all to start”.
Me too :unsure:

schorsch
Apr 4th, 2009, 02:34 AM
http://www.250kb.de/u/090404/j/b34dadba.jpg

Rumours say that Zheng will switch to Anta as well and that they will have a special line for her with Z for Zheng and a star.

louisa.
Apr 4th, 2009, 02:35 AM
:inlove:

-NAJ-
Apr 5th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Jelena trains on the beach and Serena to arrive tomorrow
http://www.andaluciatennis.com/images/news/foto_0504181844187.jpg
The final rounds of the Andalucía Tennis Experience get under way tomorrow, and the players that are not involved in the preliminary matches are getting ready for their debuts. These include Jelena Jankovic, Vivi Ruano and Carla Suárez, who this afternoon swapped the clay courts in the tournament venue for the sand courts on Marbella’s beach. The tennis stars have used the day to play an exhibition beach tennis match along with the Tournament Director, Conchita Martínez, in a relaxed and good humoured atmosphere. The three players and the former Wimbledon champion have had the opportunity to discover this new form of tennis, and also enjoy the wonderful climate and the spectacular views of the Costa del Sol. After the game, Jankovic, who will be playing in one of the most interesting opening day clashes against Italian Schiavone, said “I am really looking forward to starting. I feel ready and strong enough to play a good tournament”. Former Russian footballer, Alexander Mostovoi, who is Marbella to watch the tournament, also took the chance to get involved in the game. Serena Williams, meanwhile, has confirmed that she will be arriving at Malaga airport in the early afternoon tomorrow at 12:55. There is massive expectation ahead of the arrival on Andalusian soil of the best female player in the world. Once arrived, the US-American will head towards the Puente Romano Tennis Club to recover from her trip and start preparing her first match against the Czech Zakopalova.

schorsch
Apr 5th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Those are padel rackets :lol:
Youtube it, it's usually played indoors and it looks like a mixture of tennis and squash, many hispanic countries (+brazil and such) play it :p

-NAJ-
Apr 7th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Jankovic dominates against Schiavone and Serena prepares her debut
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1923/foto0704193059163.th.jpg (http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=foto0704193059163.jpg)

Like a storm... that's how the performance of the Serbian player against the Italian Francesca Schiavone can best be described, who clearly lost with 6-2 and 6-1. The wind did not hinder the world's number four to show a solid and consistent game, based on a strong service, leaving her rival without defense. Once the match was finished, Jankovic held a press conference: "I am very happy after my first match, I played well and despite of the wind, I was concentrated on my game and I feel very pleased with my performance", declared the Serbian. After this fantastic victory, Jelena moves forward to the round of sixteenth and awaits her next rival, who will be the winner of the match between the Tunesian Selima Sfar and Estrella Cabeza.On the other side, one day after her arrival, the world's number one has taken advantge of the day to do two training sessions at the facilities of the Puente Romano Tennis Club, surrounded by large expectation. Serena Williams showed herself to be "delighted" to be in Andalucía and looking forward to make her first appereance against the Czech Zakopalova.

schorsch
Apr 8th, 2009, 09:23 PM
JJ's on the cover of one of the biggest newpapers in Marbella: La Tribuna de Marbella
http://www.latribunademarbella.com/pdf/portada.pdf

Día intenso el que vivieron
ayer muchos marbellíes, así
como los asistentes de infinidad
de países, que visitaron el
Puente Romano para disfrutar
en vivo de una jornada tenística
de máximo nivel con el
debut de la tenista serbia Jelena
Jankovic, número tres del
mundo.
Su inicio en el torneo fue
bueno debutando con una
victoria al derrotar a la italiana
Francesca Schiavone por un
claro y rotundo 6-2 y 6-1, en
un partido que comenzo liderando
de principio a fin sin
dejar apenas ocasión de ponerse
por delante a su rival
durante todo el encuentro.

дalex
Apr 9th, 2009, 09:31 AM
http://tennisworld.typepad.com/thewrap/2009/04/quarterly-report.html

Jelena Jankovic

Poor JJ. Is her sudden and precipitous decline a product, like she says, of overtraining? Or is it an inevitable market correction for a woman who never belonged at No. 1 in the first place? Now that’s she fired her in-house fitness guru, Pat Etcheberry—he may have neglected to consider the finer points of Jankovic’s finesse game before trying to add 10 pounds of muscle to her—we’ll find out. JJ has bounced back from worse slumps before; but she wasn’t 24 then. D

http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/rolleye/rolleye0017.gif

Brena
Apr 9th, 2009, 02:44 PM
^I love that smiley! :lol:
Never belonged at the #1? No, she kicked all those top tennis butts by accident. :rolleyes:

ms_nut
Apr 9th, 2009, 02:48 PM
^I love that smiley! :lol:
Never belonged at the #1? No, she kicked all those top tennis butts by accident. :rolleyes:

Stupid writers.. they love to kick you when you're down.. someone posted some other crap about how JJ has a pedestrian FH, serve and can't volley to save her life..:confused::confused:.. So how does she win matches, by hitting BH's all day..:rolleyes:

ChriS.
Apr 9th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Stupid writers.. they love to kick you when you're down.. someone posted some other crap about how JJ has a pedestrian FH, serve and can't volley to save her life..:confused::confused:.. So how does she win matches, by hitting BH's all day..:rolleyes:http://www.andaluciatennis.com/news/noticia.php?i=2&id_n=37Thanks to her demolishing first serve...Go on JJ, demolish them all!

дalex
Apr 9th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Go on JJ, demolish them all!

schorsch
Apr 9th, 2009, 08:53 PM
http://www.andaluciatennis.com/galeria/audio.php?i=1

here you can find excerpts of jj's pressers...

~Kiera~
Apr 10th, 2009, 06:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4058354&name=bodo_peter

Five imperative questions heading into the clay

Posted by Peter Bodo, TENNIS.com

Whoever wrote the script for the tennis year clearly didn't know a lot about writing good drama. The first act of the season ought to end, not begin, with the grand finale of the hard-court season, the Australian Open. And that event was finished over two months ago.

Still, the back-to-back hard-court events at Indian Wells and Miami aren't exactly anti-climatic, and they drop the curtain on what you might call the first act of a five-act play called "A Year in Tennis." So while you can say the play gets off to a slow and confusing start, it's pretty well-crafted from here on in -- the next four acts end with, in order, Roland Garros, Wimbledon, the U.S Open and the ATP and WTA Tour championships (and Davis Cup final).

So what are the five major questions going into Act II?

1. Can Rafael Nadal win an unprecedented fifth Roland Garros championship at the end of the long and grueling Euro-clay season? The short answer is, "yes." The long answer is, "yes." This guy is clay-court player for the ages, although he struggled a bit at the end of the hard-court swing (citing vague "personal" reasons following his quarterfinal loss to Juan Martin del Potro in Miami).

Nadal's biggest threat may be injury, and though the soft clay will help reduce the stress on his body, his suspension and wheels will take a beating. Nadal has said he's "50-50" about playing the brand new combined event in Madrid. Skipping it could be a good move, just as much to save energy as to avoid the quick transition from that high-altitude event to Roland Garros (there's just a week between them).

2. Can Andy Murray's winning game carry over to the clay courts? Since finishing as runner-up in the U.S. Open in September, Murray has established himself as the greatest hard-court threat to the three men ranked above him (Roger Federer, Nadal, Novak Djokovic), and he's already eclipsed the third of those Grand Slam champions. During Act II last year, though, he never went past three rounds, or made much progress after going that distance in the first big Euro-clay event, Monte Carlo (where he put up a win over Djokovic).

So there's some question about whether Murray's quick-strike, counter-punching game works as well on a surface that gives his opponents a little more time to read his intentions and shots. One big difference, though, is that Murray is a far more fit and confident guy than he was 12 months ago.

3. Can Jelena Jankovic find her game again? Jankovic finished at the top of the rankings last year without having won a Grand Slam; you can think of her 2009 as karmic payback for having accomplished that feat. At the Australian Open, she had that deer-in-the-headlights look (and game) that comes over players who suddenly know they have a lot to prove -- and defend. She crapped out in appalling fashion and hasn't improved since.

4. Is Roger Federer likely to equal or surpass Pete Sampras' record of 14 Grand Slam singles titles? With 13 majors, Federer is sitting pretty, but his ride is getting bumpier by the minute. He suffered a huge blow in Australia, surrendering the title to Nadal in startling fashion in yet another five-set final. Since then, he's seemed a confused champion, and it's unlikely that he's going to gain ground on Nadal, or win that clay-court major that has so far eluded him. But one thing Federer can do is use the clay-court season, with all those long matches, to get his groove back (execution and concentration-wise). Clay is a great surface for rediscovering your game, and Federer might be best off looking at the spring as a training ground for a big push on grass and hard courts.

5. Is anyone on the WTA side capable of stepping up to establish herself as a legitimate No. 1? It's unlikely that Venus and Serena Williams will be big, consistent winners on clay, but then just look at who they'll be up against: Dinara Safina backed into the No. 1 ranking, Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic (defending French Open champ) are slumping badly, and the rest of the women at the top are a deadly combination of inconsistent and unpredictable. In short, the WTA pecking order is a mess, but maybe someone can step in to straighten it out. Victoria Azarenka, anyone?

Azarenka showed a lot of heart, desire and courage in winning Miami. And that will take you awfully far down the WTA's yellow-brick road these days.

Karmic payback? Bodo actually gets paid to write this? :o

JadeFox
Apr 10th, 2009, 06:33 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4058354&name=bodo_peter

Karmic payback? Bodo actually gets paid to write this? :o

Ignore Bodo. He's just a douchebag with a computer. I'm not sure if he actually knows what "Karmic payback" is.

Brena
Apr 10th, 2009, 08:05 PM
^Wow, he should post in GM - it's a waste of wit and talent if he doesn't.

ms_nut
Apr 10th, 2009, 08:07 PM
^^ :o He is such a twit at times...He also wrote crap about Mary Pierce because she supposedly stood him up at an interview...:rolleyes:

terjw
Apr 10th, 2009, 08:12 PM
I came here hoping to see an article on Jelena and her match today. And what do I find? Bodo. :rolleyes:

But thanks for posting the articles Sarah :worship:. Keep posting them - the good as well as the bad and ugly. Really appreciate what you do.

-NAJ-
Apr 10th, 2009, 08:24 PM
http://www.andaluciatennis.com/news/noticia.php?i=2&id_n=39

http://www.andaluciatennis.com/images/news/foto_1004210123102.jpg

Jankovic achieves victory against Vinci and meets Medina in the semifinal

This afternoon Jelena Jankovic has proved why she is one of the main candidates to win the first edition of the Andalucía Tennis Experience. Despite of the wind blowing on the courts of the Puente Romano Tennis Club in Marbella and the fact of starting the match lying one set behind, the Serbian won against the Italian in three sets (3-6, 6-3 and 7-6). In a very close match of nearly three hours, the girl ranked number four in the world suffered hard to achieve victory against her rival, who performed excellent passing shots, drops and volleys, putting the Serbian in uncomfortable situations. Up to four times she missed the opportunity of match ball but, in the end, Jankovic's solid game and her mental strength helped her securing her step into the semi-finals. Prior to the victory of Jankovic, Anabel Medina and Sara Errani carried out a long fought match on the central court, with the victory of the Spanish in three sets (6-2, 6-7 (4) y 7-5). The longest match of the tournament, and the third longest in the Sony Ericsson WTA tour this season, was dominated by very long and exciting points which kept the audience's breath. After today's success, the girl from Valencia is now in semi-finals of this tournament's first edition. The other Spanish in competition is Carla Suárez from the Canary Islands, who easily won against Klara Zakopalova in one of the tournament's shortest matches (6-2, 6-1). The Czech was not a true opponent for the Spanish who will also fight to get into the final of this tournament. The day tomorrow promises to be highly interesting with the four matches in the semifinals, singles as well as doubles, all played on the central court. In the first match Carla Suárez and the Rumanian Sorana Cirstea, who won against the Estonian Kaia Kanepi, will meet. Afterwards it will be Anabel Medina's turn, who can expect a tough duel against Jelena Jankovic. In doubles, Ani and Voracova will compete for a position in the final against Jans and Rodolska, and after this match the Spanish couple formed by Anabel Medina and Virginia Ruano will give their best against Hercog and Uhlirova. You can see the best pictures of the day in our gallery. Listen to flash quotes of Jankovic after her match against Vinci:

дalex
Apr 10th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Bodo :rolleyes:

schorsch
Apr 11th, 2009, 04:00 AM
Hola Anabel , ¿quien crees que ganará el Andalucia Experience?
Gracias Enviada por kid_thebest (10/04/2009 12:58) Jankovic está en semifinales y es la que mejor ranking tiene de todas pero una vez en semifinales quiere decir que todas estan jugando bien y cualquiera puede ganar. Por cierto, os espero mañana a partir de las 12,00 con los partidos de semifinal.

Hello Anabel, who do you think will win the Andalucia Tennis Experience? Thanks.
sent by kid_thebest (10/04/2009 12:58)

AMG: Jankovic is in the semifinal and she is the one who's got the best ranking out of all of us, but once you get to a semifinal it means that everyone is playing well, so each girl can win. Of course I expect you all at noon to watch the semifinals.

Btw. she also said that her goal is to reach the top10.

lengthy AMG chat for whoever is interested http://www.marca.com/charlas/anabelmedina/10042009.html

Brena
Apr 11th, 2009, 10:32 AM
http://www.andaluciatennis.com/images/news/foto_1004210123102.jpg

JJ thanking her karma for being nice to her even though she had been so naughty and sinful to assume the #1 place without a slam

ayliya
Apr 11th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Stupid writers.. they love to kick you when you're down.. someone posted some other crap about how JJ has a pedestrian FH, serve and can't volley to save her life..:confused::confused:.. So how does she win matches, by hitting BH's all day..:rolleyes:

I know! - I mean JJ's doesn't have what they call the "power" game but she wouldn't have risen the rankings if she didn't have game. Please, people.

schorsch
Apr 12th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Jankovic beats Suarez Navarro in Andalucia final

21 minutes ago

Buzz up! 2 votes
Print

* Jankovic wins first title of season

* Suarez Navarro fades after taking second set

(Adds Jankovic quotes)

MADRID, April 12 (Reuters) - World number four Jelena Jankovic battled to a 6-3 3-6 6-3 win over Carla Suarez Navarro on Sunday to claim her first title of the season at the Andalucia Tennis Championships.

The 20-year-old Spaniard gave Jankovic a stiff test in sunny and breezy conditions on the clay in Marbella but the Serbian second seed prevailed thanks to her consistency and power.

The win gave Jankovic, who ended 2008 at the top of the world rankings, a much needed boost as she has struggled to make an impact during the 2009 season.

“I know I have not been playing well the last three months but this win has given me back the confidence I need,” Jankovic said at a news conference.

Jankovic recently said her mother’s health problems were affecting her tennis but on Sunday she finally managed to focus on her tennis.

She won the first set relatively comfortably with two breaks of serve before Suarez Navarro, playing in her first WTA tour final, produced a string of superb passing shots to claim the second.

The 34th-ranked Suarez Navarro’s challenge faded in the deciding set and she allowed Jankovic to storm into a 5-1 lead.

The Spaniard briefly rallied to break Jankovic as she served for the match and then saved two match points on her own serve in the next game.

Jankovic sealed victory and her 10th career title when Suarez Navarro netted a return on the fifth match point.

Snex
Apr 12th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Confidence is back! :bigclap:

-NAJ-
Apr 12th, 2009, 06:26 PM
http://www.andaluciatennis.com/news/noticia.php?i=2&id_n=43
Jankovic wins the title after defeating Suárez
Jelena Jankovic will be remembered as the winner of the Andalucía Tennis Experience first edition. In an exciting final the girl from Serbia won against the Spanish Carla Suárez in three sets (6-3, 3-6 y 6-3) in a match that lasted a little over two hours and fifteen minutes on the central court, packed with over 2,500 spectators. The Serbian player, ranked number four in the world, came onto the court highly concentrated and with one clear objective: to close the match as soon as possible. The first set was very equaled and dominated by long passing shots from the back of the court, but Jankovic imposed her game and took the set with 6-3 by taking advantage of the third break ball. In the second set Carla broke her opponent’s service, achieved a 3-1 advantage and afterwards took the first out of three points to equalize the game (6-3). The third and decisive set seemed solved for the world’s number three, with a 5-1 score in her advantage, but the Canarian did not give up, reacted and saved two match balls with a 5-2 score. In the next game scoring 5-3 she saved another two match balls but she could not save the fifth one, which marked Jankovic’s victory in the third set with 6-3. Carla Suarez, who played her first final in the Sony Ericsson WTA tour, managed to keep up an equalized game against the Serbian, although in the end it was Jankovic to take her tenth WTA title and the first one in this season. “Despite of my defeat I leave this tournament very satisfied; listening to all the audience cheer my name was an incredible experience”, declared the Spanish after the match. Jelena showed herself thrilled after her victory and mentioned to continue playing in the same way: ”I know I have not been playing very well during the past three months but after this victory I regain the self-confidence I needed.” The Serbian also thanked the tournament’s organization and the audience from Andalucía: “The tournament has been wonderful, with a great location, the beach close by, ideal temperature and an audience that was fantastic at all times. I hope to come back next year”.

http://www.andaluciatennis.com/news/noticia.php?i=2&id_n=45

Jelena Jankovic, the most "flamenco" Serbian
After her recent victory in the Andalucía Tennis Experience, the Serbian tennis player has demonstrated to be a total fan of the Andalusian culture. Proof of this was an amusing anecdote after her press conference, when Jelena did not hesitate putting on a flamenco dress and posing for the cameras. Jankovic, who already participated in a flamenco performance in the last days, is fascinated by this culture and has emphasized to feel very much at home in Andalucía. She also hopes to be able to return to this place next year.

~Kiera~
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:10 PM
http://www.anaivanovic.com/?lang=en&path=start/news&detailpage=1506

"She's not Little Miss Perfect but the nice thing about Ana is she is very natural. She is very different to, say, Jelena Jankovic, the Williams sisters. You look at Maria Sharapova, these people, they are thinking: 'What can I do to be loved, to be more respected by my fans today?'

-- Dan Holzmann, Ana's manager

~Kiera~
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:23 PM
http://timesonline.typepad.com/formula_one/2009/04/did-ross-brawn-break-ethical-code-in-diffuser-debate.html

Did Ross Brawn break ethical code in diffuser debate?

Alex T

Are we becoming an amoral society in which traditional values, ethics and morality no longer apply? Setting aside the Victorian era of the prudes, we have, through successive generations, been governed or influenced by certain values. These values generally influence our attitudes and behaviour in private and in public. Our values are supposed to be stable and enduring. But something is happening.

We are all aware of much of the issues surrounding the Brawn diffuser design. As the FOTA technical delegate, Ross Brawn occupies a very significant position. His knowledge and expertise are considerable. Thus he was supposed to help the teams to better understand the regulations. In essence, he was supposed to be the crucial link between the FOTA and the FIA.

Brawn, at some point, discovered a critical loophole in the interpretation of the diffuser design. This alternate interpretation was not shared. Instead, Brawn exploited it for the benefit of his own team.
Briatore has indicated that Brawn was wrong to not have shared the information. (See here.) Ecclestone has indicated Brawn was in a conflict of interest. (See here.)

In his defence, Brawn has recently indicated that a year ago he suggested to all the teams that they closed all the loopholes in the regulations. (See here.) This suggestion of Brawn appeared to be very broad and not content specific.

So, by virtue of his action and inaction, did Brawn breach the delicate bond of trust between other teams and himself? Did he breach a code of ethics?

A few weeks ago, LH indicated that should another team presents him with an offer, he would not tell that team to “F….off” (See here.) Does such choice of terms reflect poorly on LH’s value system?

As I wrote some time ago, tennis player Jelena Jankovic recently engaged in a crude on-court, in-play strip tease. (See here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJRB5m9tIRE).) Ignoring the titillating aspect of the video and focusing on the ethics of her action, does such behaviour reflect poorly on Jelena’s value system? Did she breach a morality code?

A contributor to the blog, who has informed us that he has a spouse, has often expressed his love for LH. He has also expressed his desire to ogle LH and appears to be influenced by LH’s sweaty pictures.

Should we be concerned about the morals of sport fans particularly if they are part of our informal networking group?

Are we living in an era where anything goes? Do ethics, morals and values matter anymore?

Sadly, I think he's being serious :weirdo:

~Kiera~
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4065324&name=bodo_peter

Threesome dig their way out of tailspin

Posted by Peter Bodo, TENNIS.com

This weekend was about resurrection, in more ways than one. In tennis, three former world No. 1 players, two of whom had been written off by many as long dead and buried, suddenly showed new signs of life that could complicate matters for the front-runners during the European clay-court season.

The least likely Lazarus in the bunch was Juan Carlos Ferrero, the former French Open champ and No. 1 (September 2003) who won in Casablanca over Florent Serra yesterday. Ferrero hadn't won a title since October 2003, but he made up for some of that lost ground by breaking Serra six times in that final, no doubt leaving the loser to wonder, "Hey, what'd I ever do to you?"

Ferrero, now 28, is one of the more intriguing cases of burnout in recent years. Known as "Mosquito" early in his career because of his tireless buzzing around the court, many considered him a shoo-in to win multiple titles at the French Open. He wasn't exactly a grinder, or a player who relied on exaggerated spins and consistency to cultivate good results on clay. His game was (and apparently still is) clean and well-rounded, as his solid record on hard courts suggests.

Remember, this is the guy who reached the U.S. Open final on hard courts in 2003 -- becoming the first Spaniard to accomplish that feat since Manuel Orantes over a quarter-century ago. Within weeks of that result, he became just the second Spanish player ever to hold the No. 1 ranking (Carlos Moya was the first), although he had just as much trouble hanging onto it. Their combined total stay at No. 1 is a paltry 10 weeks.

Ferrero had tough luck in 2004; among other things, he had a bout with chicken pox, and then he suffered wrist and rib injuries practicing for Roland Garros, where he lost in the second round. The word in the street, though, was that Ferrero also became a little too fond of life in the fast lane and neglected his game. And when Rafael Nadal appeared on the scene, Ferrero was said to be disillusioned by how quickly the youngster stole his thunder.

The other male player who had a big Sunday was Lleyton Hewitt, who won his first title in two years on clay in Houston, beating Wayne Odesnik of the U.S. Hewitt got bucked off his top-10 horse by a bum hip that required surgery in 2007, and last year he failed to win an event for the first time in all his years as a pro. (He spent a healthy 75 weeks at No. 1 starting in the fall of 2001.)

But while the flesh might not always be willing, Hewitt's spirit has never been weak: Winning this minor event in Houston may have hurt his chances in this week's Masters Series 1000 event in Monte Carlo. (He missed his flight overseas and is supposed to play his first match Tuesday.) But he said: "It's going to be hard now, but this is the why I came here [to Houston]. To win the tournament."

And then there's Jelena Jankovic, who finished 2008 at No. 1 but bulked up in the offseason and started this year in a tailspin. She hadn't won a tournament since October in Moscow until she found her game again in Marbella on Sunday and took out Carla Suarez-Navarro. Now she's got a few weeks to play her way into shape to contend for Roland Garros.

Jankovic is young enough and has remained close enough to the top that nothing she does could really be called a surprise. But it would certainly add spice and interest to the men's game if those two old hands, Ferrero and Hewitt, could build on what they've done and remind us once again of why they once ruled the rankings.

Perhaps "karma" is finally done with her ;)

Brena
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:44 PM

http://timesonline.typepad.com/formula_one/2009/04/did-ross-brawn-break-ethical-code-in-diffuser-debate.html

Sadly, I think he's being serious :weirdo:

Eh? What hallucinogens are these two on? :confused:

дalex
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:49 PM

What the...

I hope someone opens a thread in GM with this quote! http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/party/party0023.gif

redsonja
Apr 13th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Dude. Best smiley ever.

Also, morality codes? For changing shorts? :weirdo: All I have to say about that is, someone's been in grad school too long.

дalex
Apr 13th, 2009, 11:17 PM
I opened the thread. :angel:

ms_nut
Apr 13th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Dude. Best smiley ever.

Also, morality codes? For changing shorts? :weirdo: All I have to say about that is, someone's been in grad school too long.

I know..:rolleyes: But some of the replies to his article are great.. everyone was defending JJ..:kiss::hearts:

terjw
Apr 14th, 2009, 12:25 AM

"She's not Little Miss Perfect but the nice thing about Ana is she is very natural. She is very different to, say, Jelena Jankovic, the Williams sisters. You look at Maria Sharapova, these people, they are thinking: 'What can I do to be loved, to be more respected by my fans today?'

:lol::lol: I just had this thought of Puppy being asked about this:

Interviewer: What do you think of your manager saying you are the most natural person?
Puppy: I'm really excited about the honour of most natural player person.

Interviewer: He did accuse Jelena, Serena, Venus and Maria of being fake.
Puppy: I'm really excited about the honour of most natural player person.

дalex
Apr 14th, 2009, 12:29 AM
The thread's been deleted. :eek: You can't even post legitimate quotes on this board anymore. :spit:

louisa.
Apr 14th, 2009, 12:32 AM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :rolleyes: is this the standard of the media today :weirdo: :sobbing:

:awww: can't believe it got deleted before i got a chance to read :bigcry:

дalex
Apr 14th, 2009, 12:37 AM
No one is as successful at getting threads closed as some oversensitive Ana fans. :worship:

They just don't appreciate the drama. :awww:

Brena
Apr 14th, 2009, 12:47 AM
:lol::lol:
At least I can go to bed now and not worry about a potential wasted opportunity to hate on Ana and fight with Stanzie. :D

дalex
Apr 14th, 2009, 12:51 AM
:awww: can't believe it got deleted before i got a chance to read :bigcry:

Oh don't worry about that. :lol:

I spent most of the time there trying to defend my right to open a GM thread with that quote.

If I get banned I hope y'all will miss me. :tears:

Optima
Apr 14th, 2009, 12:53 AM

I spent most of the time there trying to defend my right to open a GM thread with that quote.

I would cry :sobbing:

Even if I don't know you that well, you're one of my faves.

schorsch
Apr 14th, 2009, 12:55 AM
:awww: dalex

but at least if it happened to priva she could still give me kisses on t3nnis.tv :hearts:

Brena
Apr 14th, 2009, 12:58 AM

I'll continue your noble fight and hate on Ana and defend Serena till my last breath!

дalex
Apr 14th, 2009, 12:59 AM
I would cry :sobbing:

Even if I don't know you that well, you're one of my faves.

Awww :hug:

I probably won't and I'm not sure if that's good thing since I'd rather get banned for posting a quote than be on a forum that doesn't let you do so. :lol:

but at least you can still give me kisses on t3nnis.tv :hearts:

When did I do that? I know I got 'Someone loves you' message from you, though. :lol:

I'll continue your noble fight and hate on Ana and defend Serena till my last breath!

Good! But you do know that I don't ever do that (in GM at least :lol:)?

schorsch
Apr 14th, 2009, 01:02 AM
she gave me a kiss on the comments of jj marbella final on t3nnis.tv :awww:

it was my first one on t3nnis.tv. she took my first one and everyone forgot after a few hours.

i will need some weeks now to digest this :tears:

i was talking about privalova :awww:

дalex
Apr 14th, 2009, 01:11 AM
I don't get it, Schorsch. Seriously! :rolls:

What happened? Zoja sent you a kiss, she took what and who forgot it? :spit:

edit. I've just realized that you must be drunk as you first confused me for Zoja and then started rambling. :lol:

Good night, all. :zzz:

schorsch
Apr 14th, 2009, 02:51 AM
ya i did confuse you cause of avy flag and then i changed it to priva

louisa.
Apr 14th, 2009, 05:32 AM
:awww: thats what happens when you dont sleep for 48 hours schorschie :p

Wrekin
Apr 14th, 2009, 09:28 AM

What an excellent piece of journalism :rolleyes:

You'd think someone could write a positive piece about Ana without knocking 10 other sportspeople, including Rafa, who as far as we know is on good terms with Ana.

JadeFox
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:00 AM
What an excellent piece of journalism :rolleyes:

You'd think someone could write a positive piece about Ana without knocking 10 other sportspeople, including Rafa, who as far as we know is on good terms with Ana.

Ugh this is one of my pet peeves. You can praise Ana without insulting others. Ana needs to bitchslap her team.

MaBaker
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:03 AM
What thread , what quote ? :speakles: I can't read the text about Ana if it's longer than 2 sentences :sad:

дalex
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:07 AM
^ can you go on page 162? :spit:

MaBaker
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:17 AM
:o and .

Wrekin
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Ugh this is one of my pet peeves. You can praise Ana without insulting others. Ana needs to bitchslap her team.

That's the surpising thing. It's just posted on her site as "read the latest exciting article about Ana."

But all those references to other sportspeople - including
Holzmann's - should have been taken out.

дalex
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:20 AM
:o and .

Find the Dan Holzmann quote. :weirdo:

MaBaker
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Find the Dan Holzmann quote. :weirdo:
I found it already and :o and . was for him.

But I thought it was about something more provocative.

oneandonly
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:36 AM

:cuckoo::spit:

дalex
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Sry, Ma.

It was provocative enough to get my amaze GM thread deleted. :tears:

But a badrep is still there. :inlove:

MaBaker
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:41 AM
It was provocative enough to get my amaze GM thread deleted. :tears:

I missed it :sad:
But a badrep is still there. :inlove:
:woohoo: :angel:

дalex
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:46 AM
I missed it :sad:

It was soooo cool that it didn't last more than 10mins! :speakles:

:woohoo:

Disgusting. With 'friends' like you, I don't need 'enemies' on this board! :speakles:

MaBaker
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Disgusting. With 'friends' like you, I don't need 'enemies' on this board! :speakles:
Ko ce kome... ;)

schorsch
Apr 14th, 2009, 12:18 PM
somebody call an exorcist, we need to de-ana-tize ma :sobbing:

~Kiera~
Apr 14th, 2009, 12:21 PM

She needs to do something about them. First there was the Petrova comments on her site and now this. They need reigning in a bit.

дalex
Apr 14th, 2009, 12:26 PM
What Petrova comments? :speakles:

~Kiera~
Apr 14th, 2009, 12:40 PM

After Ana was defeated by Nadia last year, her "team" posted a review of the match on her site which included these :weirdo: comments:

Predictably, Petrova proceeded to take a bathroom break immediately before the deciding set. Any momentum that Ana had at that time evaporated thanks to her opponent's questionable sportsmanship, although the Russian did not act outside the rules.

Brena
Apr 14th, 2009, 12:41 PM

Do.not.open.a.GM.thread.about.it! :lol:
Did Ma badrep you for real???

-NAJ-
Apr 14th, 2009, 12:52 PM
don't to be evil to Ana. That is not her fault . I agree that people who take care of her site are making some errors(btw very often) but that is not Ana's job;)

дalex
Apr 14th, 2009, 01:04 PM
After Ana was defeated by Nadia last year, her "team" posted a review of the match on her site which included these :weirdo: comments:

Oh yeah, now I remember. :weirdo:

Do.not.open.a.GM.thread.about.it! :lol:

:lol: I won't.

Though, I will never ever know what was wrong with that Holzmann thread!

She's mean to me, but no, she didn't badrep me. She was just happy I got one from an Ana fan. :awww:

-NAJ-
Apr 14th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Where you can see who badrep you?

ms_nut
Apr 14th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Where you can see who badrep you?

Click on "User CP" which is on the Right Side of the Screen...

~Kiera~
Apr 14th, 2009, 01:23 PM
don't to be evil to Ana. That is not her fault . I agree that people who take care of her site are making some errors(btw very often) but that is not Ana's job;)

It may not be her job, but it's something she needs to take control of. If she's going to have a site out there or allow her team to give interviews to magazines, she needs to either take full control of the information that is being disseminated or entrust this responsibility to right thinking individuals. Clearly, the former isn't a very viable option so if she's stuck with the latter she needs to ensure she has a good team around her who adopt a bit of common sense and are not trying their hardest to badmouth her competitors. If this means getting rid of her current team, or certain individuals, then so be it.

All they're doing is hurting her and even I, as a non-fan, finds that troubling.

Snex
Apr 14th, 2009, 01:38 PM
It may not be her job, but it's something she needs to take control of. If she's going to have a site out there or allow her team to give interviews to magazines, she needs to either take full control of the information that is being disseminated or entrust this responsibility to right thinking individuals. Clearly, the former isn't a very viable option so if she's stuck with the latter she needs to ensure she has a good team around her who adopt a bit of common sense and are not trying their hardest to badmouth her competitors. If this means getting rid of her current team, or certain individuals, then so be it.

All they're doing is hurting her and even I, as a non-fan, finds that troubling.

I'm undersigning this comment :worship:

Princeza
Apr 14th, 2009, 01:43 PM

I agree, except with the denial part http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/kink.gif

~Kiera~
Apr 14th, 2009, 01:48 PM
I agree, except with the denial part http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/kink.gif

redsonja
Apr 14th, 2009, 01:55 PM

Word. Plus, I always found her manager vaguely creepy.

Denial. :lol:

MaBaker
Apr 14th, 2009, 02:08 PM

She's mean to me, but no, she didn't badrep me. She was just happy I got one from an Ana fan. :awww:
:awww: :hug:

Ana's manager and her precious web whatever team are really trying to make her even more popular than she already is :hearts: She shouldn't change anything :angel:

дalex
Apr 14th, 2009, 02:44 PM
See, why couldn't have we discussed this in slightly more vulgar manner in GM?

Such a shame! :awww:

Brena
Apr 14th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Oh yeah, now I remember. :weirdo:

:lol: I won't.

Though, I will never ever know what was wrong with that Holzmann thread!

Nothing was wrong. Probably Dexter was the mod who was online at that particular moment and he's been acting rather bitchy towards jankobitches lately. :shrug:

:lol: I keep getting badreps from Nikkiri for anything I post in GM. :scratch:

Brena
Apr 14th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Word. Plus, I always found her manager vaguely creepy.

Word. Actually, most of the people surrounding Ana, including her mum, give me the creeps. :unsure::scared: (I'm also in denial and enjoying it:))

Brena
Apr 14th, 2009, 04:08 PM

Well, how am I supposed to know what you're capable of? You're scary, Ma!

Ana's manager and her precious web whatever team are really trying to make her even more popular than she already is :hearts: She shouldn't change anything :angel:

Scary, but wise. :worship::p

дalex
Apr 14th, 2009, 04:09 PM
:lol: I keep getting badreps from Nikkiri for anything I post in GM. :scratch:

That is so wrong. :sobbing:

I'm sure you'd get one for this:

Actually, most of the people surrounding Ana, including her mum, give me the creeps.

Brena
Apr 14th, 2009, 04:30 PM
That is so wrong. :sobbing:

I'm sure you'd get one for this:

:lol: Well, I deserve badreps when I'm being too nasty, but she keeps badrepping me for completely harmless posts because I angered her once when Kworb opened one of his amaze, hysterically funny gratuitous-Ana-hating threads, she told him to get a life and I told her that as a person who changes her avatars and sig-pictures ten times a day isn't really the ideal person to hand out such advice. From that moment, she badreps me as soon as the forum allows her to. :lol:
Even Dexter badrepped me once because he somehow misunderstood what I wrote (I made some not-so-successful pun) and concluded that I was making fun of him. I apologised for the misunderstanding but he ignored me. :awww:

Conclusion: Anatards are indeed very, very sensitive creatures.

дalex
Apr 14th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Oh noes. That was so mean. :spit:

Maybe Ma will start to badrep you for your every post. I mean she is actin' like an Ana fan lately.

GM with no controversial threads is lame! :rolleyes:

MaBaker
Apr 14th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Maybe Ma will start to badrep you for your every post. I mean she is actin' like an Ana fan lately.

Dude , I can take a joke, but that's just rude... I have feelings , you know... :crying2:

terjw
Apr 14th, 2009, 11:03 PM
This was posted in Ana's forum in the Fed Cup thread:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=15421650&postcount=437

The spanish team was named today and Carla Suarez Navarro opted out of the tie. So the team will be: Anabel Medina Garrigues, María José Martínez Sanchez, Lourdes Domínguez Lino and Nuria Llagostera Vives.

http://www.europapress.es/deportes/tenis-00166/noticia-tenis-federacion-am-medina-martinez-dominguez-llagostera-buscaran-permanencia-grupo-mundial-serbia-20090414131756.html

The serbian team shouldn't have much trouble, I hope..

Don't know why Carla Suarez Navarro opted out - but it makes it easier for Jelena and Ana. Good luck in the Fed cup gals.

schorsch
Apr 14th, 2009, 11:54 PM
CSN is a bit tired I think, she has had it rough lately and she knows that if she is going to have big success it's gonna be on the clay. She probably wants to give herself every opportunity to do well there. It's not like she's been around the tour for such a long time :shrug:

I say... SRB def ESP 3-0 :devil: And because JJ is the better ranked of the two she will close the tie :drool:

Mony
Apr 15th, 2009, 06:32 PM

:awww: :hug:

Ana and her team sucks,they try to do anything to ruine Jelena's reputation.Ana is just an idiot and stupid girl

дalex
Apr 15th, 2009, 06:43 PM
^ Let's not go that far. They can't do anything to Jelena's reputation. We don't have to like Ana but there's no need to call her names either (other than Puppy, of course :lol:).

Snex
Apr 15th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Wishing for a World Group berth

It’s almost inconceivable to think that a country that has two players ranked in the top 10 for the past two years is not already in the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas World Group. But, remarkably, that is the situation Serbia finds itself in. Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, both of whom have been ranked world No. 1, have the chance to change all that when they play Spain in the World Group Play-off in Lleida, Spain on April 25-26.

This will be a first Fed Cup meeting between the two nations. Spain, a regular for the past 25 years in the top tier and a finalist last year, will be fighting not to be bumped back to World Group II for the first time ever. In the other direction, Serbia is attempting to move up to premier status in 2010 after only two years in World Group II.

Ivanovic and Jankovic are delighted to have the opportunity to become Serbian heroines and, hopefully, distinguish their country as a Fed Cup powerhouse. “It would mean so much for myself and the team,” Jankovic said. “We have a lot of support and it will be a great achievement for Serbia to reach the World Group for the first time.”

Ivanovic concurred: “I think we have pretty good chances. It’s going to be a great achievement for Serbia. People are very excited about it. It was clear from how many people showed up for our last Fed Cup match in Belgrade. It was more than 15,000 people, which is great.”

Despite being a proud nation with an important history, Serbia is a small country geographically and in population terms. It nestles between Hungary to the north, Croatia and Bosnia & Herzegovina to the west and Romania to the east. During the 72 years it was part of Yugoslavia, few of its top tennis players were Serbs, with Slobodan Zivojinovic – a Wimbledon and Davis Cup semifinalist who reached 19 in the rankings – the most successful.

Yet over the past three years, the country has presented itself as an aristocratic tennis nation. Ivanovic has already delivered a Grand Slam title courtesy of her French Open victory last year, and has reached two other Grand Slam finals. And Jankovic has made it to one Grand Slam final at the 2008 U.S. Open, but awaits her first major title.

In February, Ivanovic and Jankovic won their first ever Fed Cup tie in World Group II over Japan with home court advantage, which led them to the Play-off round against Spain. Although Ivanovic and Jankovic have made numerous public appearances to cheering Serbians the past few years, the atmosphere of playing in front of a large crowd in an event as meaningful as Fed Cup was a truly special feeling.

“It was actually amazing,” Ivanovic said, “because Serbia, we have such a big culture. We’re famous for our football or basketball or water polo, but not for tennis before maybe the last few years. I was really expecting that they would cheer a lot during the points, like they do in basketball matches, but they were actually really, really well behaved. It was a lot of kids, which was great to see. It was very inspiring for me. I was very motivated. It was the first time I played an official match in front of the home crowd.”

Ivanovic knows that with the impact that the first round tie had in Belgrade, fans are anxiously awaiting for Fed Cup to return to Serbian soil again sooner than later. “I think they’re hoping we’re going to bring it again to play in Serbia,” she said. “If we win we will have a chance to do it again next year. I think we’re all pretty excited about it. We rate it as one of the priority weeks, I would say.”

Jankovic enjoys participating in Fed Cup because it offers a rare opportunity to play when tennis is not a solo-oriented sport. “I love the team atmosphere and it's great to play with Ana,” :shrug: she said. “It makes a nice change to compete as part of a team and representing Serbia inspires me to play my best tennis.”

One person who knows from personal experience how important it would be for Ivanovic and Jankovic to deliver Serbia to the World Group is the most successful male Serbian tennis player, the 2008 Australian Open champion Novak Djokovic, who helped Serbia score a Davis Cup World Group berth starting in 2008.

“It’s a big deal for Fed Cup and Davis Cup,” Djokovic said. “For us, a small country, it’s really unexplainable how much success we are getting in this sport in the last two, three years. We get a lot of attention back in our country, which is a country of only eight, nine million people comparing to the States and any other bigger countries."

“We have a lot of success in the team sports, which we always have a long tradition in. But tennis, never. Serbia was for the first time in the World Group in the Davis Cup last year. Now we have a chance in the Fed Cup, which I think they deserve to be one of the best teams in the world. I mean, they’re [Ivanovic and Jankovic] two great players, so I’m sure that they will have a lot of support and they’re going to get to the World Group.”

http://www.fedcup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=12366

terjw
Apr 15th, 2009, 09:19 PM

Jankovic enjoys participating in Fed Cup because it offers a rare opportunity to play when tennis is not a solo-oriented sport. “I love the team atmosphere and it's great to play with Ana,” :shrug: she said. “It makes a nice change to compete as part of a team and representing Serbia inspires me to play my best tennis.”

http://www.fedcup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=12366

Thanks Snezana. The bit you put in bold - I see you have your doubts. I think Jelena 100% means that. It's Fed Cup time and they are genuinely BFF at Fed Cup. :smooch:

Of course don't let Jelena or Ana kid any of us that after Fed Cup they are BFF. No way am I gonna fall for that if they say it. But don't you remember how they were together the last two Fed Cups :couple:.

Snex
Apr 15th, 2009, 10:19 PM
No, no. I put that in bold because Mony wrote something... :lol: I wanted to show her that Jelena does not share her opinion (at least not publicly). Ana was so cheerful in Belgrade and she was smiling all the time. It was really nice watching her and it was obvious that she enjoys. She's never been so cheerful and happy. They didn't know each other before. They had totally different paths to success. Now they know each other better which makes the atmosphere in FC team much better. I really hope that they'll win Fed Cup next year.

Btw, Dejan Vranes informed us that the FC team in Lleida will consist of JJ, Ana, Ana Jovanovic and Aleksandra Krunic. Bojana Jovanovski is injured, and can't play. The team will gather together on 21 April.

Good luck girls!!! :rocker2:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4699/fivet.jpg

We want them to win Fed Cup, and later they can :couple: :rolls:

louisa.
Apr 16th, 2009, 02:58 AM
:awww: :banana:
Thanks for the article :worship:

ce
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:27 AM
:hearts:

oleada
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Sweet article :awww: I hope they will beat Spain and take the WG by storm.

Ana's man hands...:angel: They always crack me up.

pica_pica
Apr 20th, 2009, 08:18 PM
I love that article :hearts:
Ajde the Serbian Trio!
Now, good luck Jelena and Ana!

schorsch
Apr 22nd, 2009, 04:56 AM
20 de Abril del 2009
LA SELECCIÓN ESPAÑOLA FEMENINA MAPFRE LLEGA A LLEIDA PARA PREPARAR LA FED CUP

Esta tarde el equipo técnico de la Real Federación Española de Tenis y las jugadoras Anabel Medina y Lourdes Domínguez han llegado a LLeida y han tomado contacto por primera vez con la pista central instalada en el Club Tennis Lleida donde se jugará el play off de la Fed Cup los próximos 25 y 26 de abril.
De 6 a 8 de la tarde las jugadoras se han entrenado junto con el sparring Ignacio González, jugador becado por la RFET y que reside en el CAR, bajo la supervisión del Seleccionador Nacional Miguel Margets.
Mañana al medio día está previsto que se unan a la expedición española Nuria LLagostera y MªJosé Martínez procedentes de Barcelona, donde este domingo ganaron el Torneo WTA Ladies Open en la categoría de dobles.
La Selección española entrenará en doble sesión a las 10.15 de la mañana y a las 16.30 de la tarde en la pista central ya que parte del equipo serbio llegará a partir de mañana y no ha solicitado pista de entreno. Las jugadoras Jelena Jankovic y Ana Ivanovic no llegarán hasta el miércoles a LLeida.
El Seleccionador Miguel Margets ha querido empezar los entrenamientos y tomar contacto con el escenario del play off enseguida. “Nosotros sabemos que hay que estar centrados desde el primer momento. Jugamos contra un equipo muy potente pero también jugamos en tierra y en casa. Las posibilidades existen pero siendo conscientes de que tenemos que dar el 100%” afirmó Margets. El seleccionador también declaró al finalizar esta primera sesión de entrenamientos: “Estas son unas instalaciones magníficas. Las conozco de jugar como capitán varios años en la Copa de la Reina y precisamente hoy las jugadoras recordaban como ganaron ese torneo hace 9 años con un equipo formado por Mª José, Anabel Y Lourdes y a todos nos traía muy buenos recuerdos y vibraciones positivas. Ahora se trata de conjugar esta semana las buenas vibraciones con el trabajo intenso de los entrenamientos hasta la competición”.

JJ and Ana, it says in this article (posted 20th April), won't arrive before Wednesday. So... they will get there today :ras:

TODA LA SELECCIÓN ESPAÑOLA FEMENINA MAPFRE ENTRENA YA EN LLEIDA Y RECIBE LA VISITA DEL ALCALDE.

Desde esta mañana las cuatro componentes de la Selección Española Mapfre han empezado ya a entrenar juntas para preparar el play off de la Fed Cup contra Serbia los próximos 25 y 26 de abril.
Bajo la dirección del Seleccionador Español Miguel Margets, Nuria LLagostera, Mª José Martínez, Anabel Medina y Lourdes Domínguez han realizado entrenamientos de mañana y tarde en la pista central del Club Tennis LLeida, escenario de la eliminatoria.
El equipo serbio no comenzará sus entrenamientos hasta mañana, cuando todas sus jugadoras se encuentren ya en la ciudad catalana con la llegada de Ana Ivanovic y Jelena Jankovic.
Esta mañana las jugadoras y el equipo técnico español ha recibido la visita del alcalde de LLeida, Angel Ros, con el que han departido sobre los detalles de la competición. Además Angel Ros también ha aprovechado la ocasión para regalarles un detalle muy típico de su ciudad, se trata de una figura representativa de la Seu con el “marraco” figura popular milenaria que representa a un dragón mágico y que “espero que les traiga mucha suerte contra las serbias” argumentó el alcalde.
Mañana los entrenamientos se distribuirán de la siguiente manera:
España: 11 a 13h. y 15 a 17h.
Serbia: 9 a 11h. y 17 a 19h.
También tendrán lugar en el club las ruedas de prensa de ambos equipos en el Club Tennis LLeida.
A las 15.30h asistirá el equipo balcánico y tras su entrenamiento que finalizará a las 17h. comparecerá el equipo español.
Hoy por la tarde, a partir de las 20h. Las jugadoras y el Seleccionador Español asistirán a un clínic en las instalaciones del Club Natació LLeida donde los niños de las escuelas de tenis de la ciudad podrán pelotear, hacerse fotos y pedir autógrafos al equipo español.

Practice times :ras: and also press conferences :ras:

Kampi
Apr 22nd, 2009, 05:15 AM
Jelena's new blog is on:

"My smile is back":D

http://www.jj-jelenajankovic.com/eng/blog.php

oleada
Apr 22nd, 2009, 06:31 AM
:banana:

louisa.
Apr 22nd, 2009, 07:42 AM
:hearts:
Great to hear about her mum :awww:

JadeFox
Apr 22nd, 2009, 10:08 AM
Yay for Snezana feeling better! :bounce:

And I too can live off chocolate! I want some chocolate right now dammit!:(

MaBaker
Apr 22nd, 2009, 05:18 PM
I feel like I'm getting tougher and my game is coming back together. I'm really looking forward to my next tournaments.
So are we :scared:
This weekend I'm playing Fed Cup.. I'm really excited about it.
:hug:

~Kiera~
Apr 22nd, 2009, 05:28 PM
That's it, Jelena. No more hanging around with Ana.

redsonja
Apr 22nd, 2009, 05:37 PM
If she'd said she was really exciting about it, we'd know they need to be separated immediately.

Snex
Apr 22nd, 2009, 06:38 PM
:lol: People in Blic wrote Karla Suarez Garogez

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv306/Associatedbre/s-s.jpg

Poor Anabel :rolls:

Kampi
Apr 22nd, 2009, 06:44 PM
:lol: People in Blic wrote Karla Suarez Garogez

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv306/Associatedbre/s-s.jpg

Poor Anabel :rolls:

Dios mio :smash:

Snex
Apr 22nd, 2009, 08:43 PM
Yay for Snezana feeling better! :bounce:

And I too can live off chocolate! I want some chocolate right now dammit!:(

Yes, I'm finally feeling better... :lol:

Snex
Apr 22nd, 2009, 10:48 PM
Vraneš "Historic opportunity in Lleida"
B92

Selector female tennis players of Serbia Dejan Vraneš said on Wednesday that the upcoming debate with the selection of Spain will be historic for the Serbian team.

Serbia national team will be in the debate the first time to fight for the World Cup group Federation. "Will do everything to achieve that goal. The two players that are among the 10 best in the world, Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic, it is certain that we are at least on paper favorites," he said at a press conference Vraneš in Lleida, where she will play the game for baraža fill the World Group.

Vraneš stressed that Serbia will not underestimate your opponent, but he expressed optimism for the good form of his team.

"Jelena is only two weeks ago won the tournament here in Marbelji, and won the first and second players of Spain, which brings us a slight psychological advantage. On the other hand, Ana has played well in the U.S., and two weeks are prepared for this match," said selector Vraneš.

"The success of our third record and players Ana Jovanovic, which is the entry in the first 200 in the world. Due to injury of our best junior Bojana Jovanovski is now with us a young and very Perspective Alexander Krunić," he added.

The problem for the serbian teniserka could be the basis of the clay courts in Lleida, and by the domestic takmičarke specijalistkinje.

"All know that the Spanish teniserka great, that will help the audience and will be mečevi play on their favorite surface. Feel little pressure, but we are motivated maximum. However, our players recorded top results in šljaci," said Vraneš.

Selector of the team of Serbia is jokingly said that the intention of his team to a selection of male revenge Serbia, which was lost in the Davis Cup from Spain.

"For all the luck in the women's team do not have Rafael," said Vraneš through laughter.

Jelena Jankovic, the fourth teniserka the world, stressed that the fully ready for the upcoming challenges in the Fed Cup.

"The tournament in Marbelji I was the first to clay, and now I won the first title of the season, so enter this debate with a lot of confidence. I trained hard, trying to catch the rhythm and prepare better," said JJ.

"We expect difficult matches, but we like to play on clay. We have a great chance to win," added the best ranked Serbian teniserka.

Google translation. :o I hope that you'll understand. :tape:

Serbian Fed Cup team in Lleida :bounce: :kiss:

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv306/Associatedbre/fc09_1.jpg

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv306/Associatedbre/fc09_2.jpg