PDA

View Full Version : Davenport withdrew from Los Angeles.

tobi
Jul 16th, 2008, 06:56 PM
She withdrew today and replaced by Dubois.

Mashafaaaaan
Jul 16th, 2008, 06:57 PM
She withdrew today and replaced by Dubois.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:what the hell is she doing, I love you Davenport but stop this right now, you need to retire.

ChampLindsay
Jul 16th, 2008, 06:58 PM
nooo:sad::sad:

Hopp you get healthy for Bejing, Lindsay!! :kiss:
Fingers crossed:)

Uranium
Jul 16th, 2008, 06:59 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:what the hell is she doing, I love you Davenport but stop this right now, you need to retire.

:rolleyes:

Smart from Lindsay, doctors told her to take a rest for 3 weeks and she is doing that:yeah:, she wants to be ready for those Olympics:bounce:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 16th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Cronin at Wimby said he doubts she's gonna play again

LDF
Jul 16th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Good decision.

Rest up for Beijing, Lindsay.

IanRadi
Jul 16th, 2008, 07:22 PM
So Lindsay's goals for this year are The Olympics and US Open, right?

Linds :hug:

Expat
Jul 16th, 2008, 07:24 PM
i guess we will see her at max 2 tournaments this year
olympics + USO and after that the retirement

jonny84
Jul 16th, 2008, 07:30 PM
If that is the case I hope she goes out by winning the US Open and the Olympics. Its not beyond the realm of possibility.

In The Zone
Jul 16th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Kill the messenger! :o :o :o :o

SoClose
Jul 16th, 2008, 07:45 PM
:armed:

Craig.
Jul 16th, 2008, 07:48 PM
OMFG. :sad: You're killing me, Linds. But it's the right decision. Can't wait for Beijing :D

Mashafaaaaan
Jul 16th, 2008, 07:53 PM
:rolleyes:

Smart from Lindsay, doctors told her to take a rest for 3 weeks and she is doing that:yeah:, she wants to be ready for those Olympics:bounce:

We said the same thing before Wimbledon and what happened.

#1SteffiGraf#1
Jul 16th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Lol @ "hopefully she will be ready Olympics"

Lindsay should either retire or take the rest of the season off. She is obviously not ready to play this season. Im a big fan of hers, but its making me sad the way she is doing this.

The Dawntreader
Jul 16th, 2008, 09:01 PM
It's a shame this injury has completely derailed her comeback, she probably hoped her last season would be completely injury-free and she could just enjoy her tennis, but sod's law prevents it:rolleyes:

Hopefully rest will give her more appetite for Beijing and the Open, i hope she doesnt get discouraged by this set-back:sad:

oleada
Jul 16th, 2008, 09:13 PM
I think Lindsay needs to face the music and retire.
She's had a great career.

Dave.
Jul 16th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Lindsay :bigcry: Just be ready for the Olympics!

All you people saying she needs to retire should retract your comments. Lindsay is 3 places away from the Top20! She withdrew from a Tier II to be ready for a larger tournament- many players do that. Lindsay has won her last 5 matches. When these injuries start hampering her results and her ranking, then she should retire. But for now, she's in prime position to make her move to the Top20 so hush. :)

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 16th, 2008, 09:34 PM
I hope she's making the best decisions for her. She's obviously still out there because she feels like she can compete. :shrug:

Just take care of yourself Linds :awww:

mdterp01
Jul 16th, 2008, 09:35 PM
This sucks because Lindsay really likes to play the California summer hard court tournaments. She lives in Cali and has a lot of crowd support. Get well soon Linds.

Il Primo!
Jul 16th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Pierce and Lindz, same fight, same struggle.

Both just need to retire, seriously. I don't give a finger about Mary but Lindsay's worth much more than that :o

Costanza
Jul 16th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Maybe, it's time to say goodbye :bigcry:

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 16th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Lindsay :awww: Hopefully she'll be good for Beijing.

Jakeev
Jul 16th, 2008, 11:36 PM
It amazes me that as I keep reading the doomsdayer posts that nobody bothered to hear what Lindsay said at Wimbledon.

The knee injury is not major but does need to be rested. It was dumb of her to even go out and practice when she shouldn't have.

Come on people calm freaking down.

Lindsayfan32
Jul 16th, 2008, 11:55 PM
This does suck and will put a big dent in Lindsay's Olympic preparations i don't think she's at the point where she should retire yet. But i have followed Lindsay since 94 which is most of her career. All I want to see is Lindsay make it to the olympics 100% fit and then play the US open. I've had a similar thing to what Lindsay's got now and it seems that her knee is just suborn. But i also don't want to see Lindsay hang on for too long and fade out. I'm keeping everything crossed that she's over it for the olympics. :)

MH0861
Jul 17th, 2008, 12:41 AM
What in the hell did she do to this knee :confused: