PDA

View Full Version : Bad Gastein: 1.round Rossana de Los Rios d. Alize Cornet [2] 2:6 6:2 3:2 ret.

Agata.
Jul 16th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Well done Rossana :)

I hope that Alize didn't get any injury, she is propably too tired after winning a title last week

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 16th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Glad to see Rossana get some much needed ranking points but main thing is that I hope Cornet in okay and whatever was wrong with her during this match isn't serious and that she will be well soon.

dylan24
Jul 16th, 2008, 02:54 PM
well done rios?
please.
if frenchie didn't get injured, rios would have been killed in straight sets.

jonny84
Jul 16th, 2008, 03:02 PM
OMG.

Hope Cornet was okay. Was sure she was going to win the whole title. :sad:

IanRadi
Jul 16th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Rossana. :D

Alize. :hug:

Btw do you know what happened with Alize? What kind of injury is it?

*Jool*
Jul 16th, 2008, 03:06 PM
too bad for Alizé - but good to see Rossana in round 2 with good chance at getting further , good luck ! :)

Sorana_Cirstea
Jul 16th, 2008, 03:17 PM
well done rios?
please.
if frenchie didn't get injured, rios would have been killed in straight sets.

Your wrong.

Because well. . .

There is one thing suggesting that.

ROSSANA WON THE SECOND SET.

No jnury helped her win that set. Perhaps you should try reading the scoreline before downing a player? Yeah, that would be a good idea.

dylan24
Jul 16th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Your wrong.

Because well. . .

There is one thing suggesting that.

ROSSANA WON THE SECOND SET.

No jnury helped her win that set. Perhaps you should try reading the scoreline before downing a player? Yeah, that would be a good idea.

no you are wrong.
cornet was injured in 2nd set.
that is why she lost the 2nd set.
you think a healthy cornet would lose a set to a hack like rios?

AndreConrad
Jul 16th, 2008, 03:27 PM
no you are wrong.
cornet was injured in 2nd set.
that is why she lost the 2nd set.
you think a healthy cornet would lose a set to a hack like rios?

Do you know for fact that Alize got injured or just speculating because she started losing from 2nd set on?

dylan24
Jul 16th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Do you know for fact that Alize got injured or just speculating because she started losing from 2nd set on?

according to a gambling (*******) forum, cornet was injured in 2nd set

Jorn
Jul 16th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Alize was sick, no injury...

dylan24
Jul 16th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Alize was sick, no injury...

then why the f did she even take the court?
let a lucky loser play.

Sorana_Cirstea
Jul 16th, 2008, 03:40 PM
But that is completely besides the point. It were her decision to stay out there, and it were her mistake. Any athlete, with any common sense, should know whether or not you are winning or losing, that you have to look at it from all sides. I would rather retire in the second set after losing the first(I had to a couple of times in my high school career so far), than push myself in a three setter and further injure myself. Alize is smarter than that however, and I think the injury(if there was one) came in the third set; not the second.

RenaSlam.
Jul 16th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Cornet should be playing hardcourt tournaments anyway at this point in the year...

These clay tournies don't last forever in the summer.

Sorana_Cirstea
Jul 16th, 2008, 03:46 PM
And furthermore, I looked at the WTA site and she was indeed suffering from gastrointestinitis(or inflammation of the gastrointestinals). So the whole injury excuse is out the window, and you can stop usig it dylan24.

Kovalchuk
Jul 16th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Rossana de los Rios (PAR) d. (2) Alizé Cornet (FRA) 26 62 32 Ret. (gastrointestinitis)

no injury, take rest Alize :hug:

justine schnyder
Jul 16th, 2008, 03:53 PM

I know that Alize has been sick in the last few days.
With all the respect I have for De Los Rios, I'm pretty sure she won that 2nd set becuase iof Alize's illines

Agata.
Jul 16th, 2008, 04:43 PM
With all the respect I have for De Los Rios, I'm pretty sure she won that 2nd set becuase iof Alize's illines

You're propably right, but I think that Rossana still deserves some credit for the win ;)

Alize should take some rest now, she deserves it :hug:

justine schnyder
Jul 16th, 2008, 05:09 PM
You're propably right, but I think that Rossana still deserves some credit for the win ;)

Alize should take some rest now, she deserves it :hug:

Yeah, I hope she gets well soon, and as for De Los Rios, well, I guess there are some playes who would lose to a sick player..

*Jean*
Jul 16th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Rossana :bounce:

Malva
Jul 16th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Cornet should be playing hardcourt tournaments anyway at this point in the year...

These clay tournies don't last forever in the summer.

True, but the temptation to score some ranking points and win her first trophies was to much to be passed over.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 16th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Nice win RoRo:cool:. I'm sorry that Alize had to retire though. I hope her sickness is not serious :kiss:.

.:sk:.
Jul 16th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Alizé :hug:

améliemomo
Jul 16th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Alize was sick in budapest finale already,her illness didnt disappear and perhaps took her even more energie.
I dont know how she did to win that first set cause according to an alize fan who was there,she was in total pain,couldnt move but still fighting.

get well alize,courageous girl. :hug:

Mynarco
Jul 16th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Cornet :sad:
You shouldn't play this at all...
hope you can do well in LA

Alizé Molik
Jul 17th, 2008, 01:40 AM
I'm sure that Cornet will be ok! She should take some time off though which will be good.

I'm happy for Rossana too because I thought with a better draw she could go far in the tournament so i'm excited for her :D

Medina
Jul 17th, 2008, 02:04 AM
RoRo this is a great oppurtunity. Good Luck in second round.

But Alize get better x]