PDA

View Full Version : Stanford R1: S. Peer def. M. Czink 7-5 6-0

itzhak
Jul 15th, 2008, 09:42 PM
slow start of Shahar but eventually she was more solid in the 1st set and Melinda was horrible in the 2nd seT. Shahar is looking much better although she can improve much more. It will be interesting to see how she will play against Anna, I think it will be very close...

frenchie
Jul 15th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Czink won 6 points in the second set

AndreConrad
Jul 15th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Good job Shahar :yeah:

sammy01
Jul 15th, 2008, 09:48 PM
peer played just as normal ran round getting the ball back but not doing much else. czink put enough good balls in court early on but couldn't hit a barn door at 5 paces in the 2nd set.
i cant realy remember peer hitting a winner in the 2nd set which tells you how bad czink got.

i feel confident chaky will beat peer, famous last words lol!

Nemo_Kool
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:02 PM
peer played just as normal ran round getting the ball back but not doing much else. czink put enough good balls in court early on but couldn't hit a barn door at 5 paces in the 2nd set.
i cant realy remember peer hitting a winner in the 2nd set which tells you how bad czink got.

where u watching the match mate?

young_gunner913
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:07 PM

:rolleyes: Troll.

Great job Shahar. :yeah:

sammy01
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:09 PM
where u watching the match mate?

yes, the funny thing was in the 2nd set czink had about 4 or 5 points where she hit a realy good shot, peer would scramble it back mid court but czink was neither at the net nor on the baseline, so got caught in 'no mans land' which is realy a junior tennis mistake!

Lunaris
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:09 PM
That's interesting considering Peer is a wall in human form and Chakvetadze an error machine. We'll see, but I wouldn't feel as confident if I were you. Although you probably aren't, hence the reference to the last words. Never mind me.

sammy01
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:11 PM
:rolleyes: Troll.

Great job Shahar. :yeah:

whats your problem i gave my opinion of the match you didn't, your just ignorant to other peoples views :rolleyes:, peer barely hit a winner in the 2nd set and won it 6-0, its a bad reflection on czink not peer!

tennisfan5
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:15 PM
hopefully shahar will play better than in their US open match :rolleyes:

Corswandt
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:20 PM
That's interesting considering Peer is a wall in human form and Chakvetadze an error machine. We'll see, but I wouldn't feel as confident if I were you.

Their last meeting was one of the last good matches Chak ever played. Tight, sometimes ugly, but never in doubt at the same time. Textbook example of how to destroy a passive, one-dimensional baseline grinder without using overwhelming firepower. Chak hit countless wrongfooting winners and played the decisive points very well. It was really fun stuff, almost as fun as the beating Peer had given Radwanska in the previous round.

Peer's game is horrid, but she beat up on players I hated countless times in 2007. Also two nails in the coffin of Myskina's career back in 2006.

tobi
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:23 PM
It was 3-1 and GP for Melinda when I left and when I came back it was already Fran's match on SB and I thought Melinda won easily,but she certainly gave up easily :tape:

Malva
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Peer's game is horrid, but she beat up on players I hated countless times in 2007.

I wasn't aware it was possible to iterate hatred.

.Andrew.
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Seems like Shahar made a good transition onto the hard courts. :yeah:

A couple of days ago, I think on Saturday, Shahar played an exhibition against Vika Azarenka in New York on green clay. Vika won 6-3, 6-3 or 6-2, 6-2 so it's good to see her play well on the hard courts now. :) Good luck against Anna. ;)

paranr
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Textbook example of how to destroy a passive, one-dimensional baseline grinder without using overwhelming firepower. Chak hit countless wrongfooting winners and played the decisive points very well.

I agree partially- Peer was very nervous in that match and it felt realy badly and she suffered badly from the lack of confidence that she "collected" during the summer hard court season. She was really heavy that day and she was very tight of the situation because obviously she had much harder pressure than Chaki who comes from Russia with many top players. I don't think that "A-Chak" will be able to beat Shahar that easily in a less meaningful match really.

Corswandt
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:32 PM
I wasn't aware it was possible to iterate hatred.

"Countless times she beat up on players I hated back in 2007" sounded too stilted.

But of course you got it the first time, and are just poking fun at the bad English of a non-native speaker.

Which is low.

Lunaris
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Their last meeting was one of the last good matches Chak ever played. Tight, sometimes ugly, but never in doubt at the same time. Textbook example of how to destroy a passive, one-dimensional baseline grinder without using overwhelming firepower. Chak hit countless wrongfooting winners and played the decisive points very well. It was really fun stuff, almost as fun as the beating Peer had given Radwanska in the previous round.

Peer's game is horrid, but she beat up on players I hated countless times in 2007. Also two nails in the coffin of Myskina's career back in 2006.
From my perspective there is only one significant match between the two, which thankfully Chakvetadze lost.

ce
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:38 PM
:sad:

sammy01
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:39 PM
From my perspective there is only one significant match between the two, which thankfully Chakvetadze lost.

huh, isn't a us open qtr final significant? what match are you on about, i cant be bothered to look at their h2h and guess what you mean lol!

Malva
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:44 PM
"Countless times she beat up on players I hated back in 2007" sounded too stilted.

But of course you got it the first time, and are just poking fun at the bad English of a non-native speaker.

Which is low.

It would be low if I I were poking fun indeed.

Nothing of the sort!

Your English is refined, I find the style of your posts to be refreshingly witty, and showing great culture. And I truly appreciate that.

I enjoy reading your posts -- they are among the high points of this forum, even though I don't share your acerbic attitude towards so many players and inability to see brighter sides in their game.

Lunaris
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:44 PM
huh, isn't a us open qtr final significant? what match are you on about, i cant be bothered to look at their h2h and guess what you mean lol!
Indian Wells 2007, Peer then lost to Hantuchova in the QF. ;)

Corswandt
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:45 PM

IW 07. Peer went on to lose to Danka in a 3rd set TB.

sammy01
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:48 PM

i right i get it you know chaky would have beaten up on dani :hearts: lol.

Lunaris
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:52 PM
i right i get it you know chaky would have beaten up on dani :hearts: lol.
Well, at that time I was more afraid of Chakvetadze than of Peer I admit it. :p

sammy01
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Well, at that time I was more afraid of Chakvetadze than of Peer I admit it. :p

admit it your a chaky fan, prepare to be bashed all the times for it! :tape::lol:

ASP0315
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:59 PM

yup she went on to lose in tiebreak, which is shame because shahar was a better player in that match. Dani big serves came cruicial time to get her out of jail.
anyway this year sharapova beat Dani quite easily at IW. ;)

Lunaris
Jul 15th, 2008, 11:05 PM
admit it your a chaky fan, prepare to be bashed all the times for it! :tape::lol:
I have experience of my own, Hantuchova got her share of bashing here when she was still a top-tenner.
Chaky isn't really my cup of tea, although she has been sort of fun lately.
yup she went on to lose in tiebreak, which is shame because shahar was a better player in that match. Dani big serves came cruicial time to get her out of jail.
anyway this year sharapova beat Dani quite easily at IW. ;)
Not the first time I see you posting shit about Daniela, so my only reply is "yeah, whatever". :wavey:

ASP0315
Jul 15th, 2008, 11:27 PM
I have experience of my own, Hantuchova got her share of bashing here when she was still a top-tenner.
Chaky isn't really my cup of tea, although she has been sort of fun lately.

Not the first time I see you posting shit about Daniela, so my only reply is "yeah, whatever". :wavey:

what.?? Since when does stating an "opinion" mean by posting shit.?
Just because you don't agree with my opinion does not mean posting "shit".

You had your share of "shitty" posts as well. Don't deny that.
It goes both ways.

so yeah whatever.

Lunaris
Jul 15th, 2008, 11:43 PM
what.?? Since when does stating an "opinion" mean by posting shit.?
Just because you don't agree with my opinion does not mean posting "shit".

You had your share of "shitty" posts as well. Don't deny that.
It goes both ways.

so yeah whatever.
"anyway this year sharapova beat Dani quite easily at IW ;)"

Unnecessary comment, which only aim was to piss me off. Didn't work. :)
I deny nothing. ;)

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 15th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Kadima! :woohoo:

daniel122292
Jul 16th, 2008, 12:01 AM
GO peer ya baby

ASP0315
Jul 16th, 2008, 12:07 AM
"anyway this year sharapova beat Dani quite easily at IW ;)"

Unnecessary comment, which only aim was to piss me off. Didn't work. :)
I deny nothing. ;)

i'll take that as an admission.:wavey:

Lunaris
Jul 16th, 2008, 12:11 AM
i'll take that as an admission.:wavey:
Yeah, that's how it is meant. I have my share of shitty and troll posts. :drool:
I hope you are happy now.

ASP0315
Jul 16th, 2008, 12:12 AM
shahar vs Anna C is going to be good match up though.
anna will be slight favorite because of her status as defending champ and also she beat her at USO 2007 on a fast hardcourt. shahar defeated safina at wimbledon this year , which will give her some confidence. tough to call though.
I hope shahar wins.