PDA

View Full Version : Bartoli shed tears for Fed

Tech1
Jul 15th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Serena Hasn't Learned to Take Losses Lightly

Williams Not Pleased With Year; Bartoli Weeps for Federer
By Matthew Cronin, (cronin@********************)

FROM THE BANK OF THE WEST CLASSIC - A blue collar-type Serena Williams showed up at Stanford and this time, she'll actually play.

The last time that Williams appeared near the courts of Taube Stadium was for the 1999 Fed Cup final against Russia, when just coming off her maiden Slam title run at the US Open, she chose to sit and watch her older sister Venus and Lindsay Davenport do the heavy lifting in singles and then played a dead rubber doubles contest with Venus.

She had entered Stanford three other times before this year and pulled out all three times, either from injury or just being flat out tired or disinterested after a long Wimbledon campaign.

But this year appears to be different all around for eight-time Grand Slam champion. She's played as many tournaments through the first seven and half months of the season than she ever has since 2002 and is planning on putting herself through a meat grinder the rest of the summer: including the four matches she played last week for the World TeamTennis Washington capitals, if she makes it to the second week of the US Open, she will have played 9 out of 11 weeks.

Her upcoming schedule reads like this: Stanford, Los Angeles and Montreal, a week off before the Olympics, and then another week after Beijing before the US Open. For a player whom some consider to be interested in her sport, she spending an enormous amount time on court.

"I'm feeling good," the fifth ranked Williams told ********************. "I have goals and have almost no points coming off this summer, because last summer I injured my thumb. I can only move ahead. I have to take my chances and opportunities."

The expressive Serena is still smarting a little due to her Wimbledon defeat at the hands of her older sister, Venus. Her face is hall of mirrors, where you can see her full range of emotions reflecting back and forth. She doesn't understand why she's been unable to come up with her best stuff at the Slams in '08.

"I still look like that?" she asked when told that her downtrodden face was betraying what was piping out of her vocal cords, which said that she quickly got over her high-level defeat to Venus in the Wimbledon final.

Serena takes her losses very hard and although she agrees that her level has been consistently high this year (except at the "terrible" French), she missing that little extra something. Maria Sharapova, Ana Ivanovic and Venus have won Slams this year. Serena owns three WTA title in 2008, but none of them were majors and not only does she believe that she belongs in the same conversation of the aforementioned threesome, she thinks she should be the one leading it.

Williams is very hard on herself, perhaps not getting as much satisfaction as she should out of winning Bangalore, Miami and Charleston, and slashing herself too deeply for losing Jelena Jankovic in Australia, Katarina Srebotnik at Roland Garros and then Venus at Wimbledon.

"I can't say I'm pleased with my year because I haven't won any Grand Slams this year," Williams said. "That's always been the goal for me, but my main goal is to stay healthy. If I can do that, than I'm fine. I didn't play well in Australia, the French I shot myself in the foot and Wimbledon I couldn't get it together in the final. So I have to win something eventually. I feel like I should be able to win for the most part and sometimes I get disgusted because I didn't make the right shots, or made a lot of errors, or did silly stuff. I don't like to lose. I'm a perfectionist and feel like I should be the best at what I do."

She has been the best many times, but hasn't been this season. Ivanovic and Sharapova played better at two of three Slams, and Venus was just as good as she was (which wasn't great) in Australia and showed her little sister that on grass, she simply has more weapons. Plus, Venus trusts her game at Wimbledon much more than she does anywhere else - hence her nearly six-year losing streak at the other Slams. Serena is more solid all around and likes a bit more time to set up for the ball.

"The conditions were unbelievable and she was able to keep it together," Serena said of Wimbledon. "It was cool for her. Venus played better than I did, but I didn't play my best. She plays really good on grass and I play really good on hardcourts."
If Serena doesn't win a Slam title or an Olympic gold medal this season, she'll consider it a lost year. The first seven months of the season have been productive to her biomechanics as she's put in the time, but she hasn't come away with the big prizes that she believes should be hers. She's figuring that if she puts in the work that eventually, it will play off. She knows that deep down that she'll never be an out and out dominator again because the competition is too stiff, but if she finds a style that suits and pleases her -and she's been struggling with that this year - a dozen Slam crowns are possible by the time she hangs up her rackets.

"The Olympics and US Open are hovering," she said. " I think I'll be ready for them."

The Olympics is a huge goal, because she's never played singles there, and if she wins the singles crown, she'll have her own, non-calendar year Golden Slam. Steffi Graf had a real one back in 1988, but of her generation, even Justine Henin and Venus, the last two gold medalists, were unable to pull that off.

"That would mean a lot to me," she said.

Maybe Serena should take a little pressure of herself, because it sure seemed like in Paris and London that she was tense in her losses. She played very well against Venus, expect at closing time, when Venus smelled blood and Serena spilled it. Up until the last year and half, Serena has been a consummate closer, but Henin got into her head last year and she has been unable to shake the feeling that there may be players out there who are just as tough. When her play doesn't match her bravado, she twists her own psyche into a pretzel.

"You can only try your best and sometimes you take losses, and maybe some people can accept that, but that's not my attitude," she said. "I'm not the type of person who can say I'm happy after a loss. Nothing can make me that way."

Bartoli shed tears for Fed..Bartoli Weeps for Federer.

After losing in the third round of Wimbledon to Bethanie Mattek, Marion Bartoli took some time off and hung out at the pool. But the tennis-aholic couldn't resist turning on the TV and watching both finals. She was devastated after her hero, Roger Federer, went down to Rafael Nadal in five sets.
"It was really a heartbreaker for me," she said. "I cried after it. I was so disappointed. I'm a Roger fan and when you are fan you want him to win. I thought he had the match in his hands and he let it slip. It was hard. Maybe it was harder for him, but it was hard for me as well. I was so stressed. Sometimes I couldn't watch it, it was so much pressure."

Was she happy at all for Nadal?

"No, not even a little bit."

Bartoli keeps close tabs on Federer and said that she heard that he was really depressed after the match, but the next day, he was laughing and on vacation.

"I think he recovered better than me because I was down for three days afterward," she said. "I think he's going to win the Olympics and US Open."

The sixth seed at Stanford, Bartoli overcame Akgul Amanmuradova 6-1 6-3 in the first round, only her 13th win this year in 29 tries. Amanmuradova has a fair amount of variety for a super tall powerballer, but she's very erratic. She's also extremely vulnerable on the run.

Now Bartoli is looking at the rest of the year as a new season, one where she won't be called the former Wimbledon finalist. She hasn't played like one and her ranking has dropped to No. 15.
She said that the pressure of being the AELTC runner-up crushed her mentally.

"It's a big relief," said Bartoli, who is entering her favorite part on the season on hardcourts. "I've had this on my shoulders for one year and it wasn't easy to handle it. Everyone reminded me of my Wimbledon final and how hard it was going to be for me to defend it. Now I can look at it as maybe a new year for me."

Lindsay Davenport pulled out of the tournament with a re-occurrence of right knee injury that she sustained just prior to Wimbledon and is doubtful for next week's event in LA, too. She played doubles and mixed in World Team Tennis last weekend for the Newport Breakers, but when she tried to run at Stanford during practice, she felt pain again. It's going to be a very long road to the Olympics.

Portuguese phenom Michelle Larcher de Brito, 15, qualified for her first main draw and will face Argentine Gisela Dulko. She beat Marta Domachowska 6-0, 6-1. Japan's Ai Sugiyama took down American Alexa Glatch 6-2, 3-6, 7-5 and will face fourth seed Daniela Hantuchova. On Tuesday, '07 Stanford finalist Sania Mirza of India will play British qualifier Anne Keothavong.

AcesHigh
Jul 15th, 2008, 08:56 PM
:spit: Marion!

:rolleyes: Serena

Shakira4000
Jul 15th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Good luck Marion :)

rafa the best
Jul 15th, 2008, 09:02 PM
"It was really a heartbreaker for me," she said. "I cried after it. I was so disappointed. I'm a Roger fan and when you are fan you want him to win. I thought he had the match in his hands and he let it slip. It was hard. Maybe it was harder for him, but it was hard for me as well. I was so stressed. Sometimes I couldn't watch it, it was so much pressure."

What match was she watching.

Malva
Jul 15th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Marion is a sweet girl...

The Dawntreader
Jul 15th, 2008, 09:11 PM
What page is Bartoli on? She's on some serious trip :haha:

I was crying when Fed lost....... out of joy!

Only joking, i wasnt crying;):lol:

hankqq
Jul 15th, 2008, 09:12 PM
"I can't say I'm pleased with my year because I haven't won any Grand Slams this year," Williams said. "That's always been the goal for me, but my main goal is to stay healthy. If I can do that, than I'm fine. I didn't play well in Australia, the French I shot myself in the foot and Wimbledon I couldn't get it together in the final. So I have to win something eventually. I feel like I should be able to win for the most part and sometimes I get disgusted because I didn't make the right shots, or made a lot of errors, or did silly stuff. I don't like to lose. I'm a perfectionist and feel like I should be the best at what I do."

Serena! :worship::worship::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

:spit: Marion! :lol::lol::lol:

Serval
Jul 15th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Aww, Mazza :hug:

Optima
Jul 15th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Marion :o WTF, seriously.

serenus_2k8
Jul 15th, 2008, 09:21 PM
''Perhaps it was harder for him'' :spit:

danieln1
Jul 15th, 2008, 09:35 PM
She´s outspoken, and she hates Nadal!

sfselesfan
Jul 15th, 2008, 09:37 PM
I'm sure Nadal wasn't disappointed when she had her ass handed to her last year in the final. I guess all is fair in love and war. Leave it to a Frenchwoman to be this blunt about it.

SF

slamchamp
Jul 15th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Marion:worship:

young_gunner913
Jul 15th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Oh Marion. It's okay, she probably drowned her sorrows in half a dozen cakes. :p

SV_Fan
Jul 15th, 2008, 09:44 PM
I cant believe she hates my baby Nadal.

The Dawntreader
Jul 15th, 2008, 09:46 PM

Well she is deranged:lol:

kiwifan
Jul 15th, 2008, 09:49 PM
If Serena doesn't win a Slam title or an Olympic gold medal this season, she'll consider it a lost year. an All Time Great Professional Tennis Player's attitude. :worship:

"I've had this on my shoulders for one year and it wasn't easy to handle it. Everyone reminded me of my Wimbledon final and how hard it was going to be for me to defend it. a Good Current Professional Tennis Player's attitude.

A world of difference.

I still enjoy "Bartoli being Bartoli" :angel:

Malva
Jul 15th, 2008, 09:51 PM

I hope you are not saying this seriously. Crying for Federer doesn't imply hating his opponent.

I like Nadal, I really do. I am glad seeing him winning. But in that memorable Wimbledon Final, I was cheering for Roger. His elegant game seems to be tailor made for this most traditional of all the grand slams.

Mightymirza
Jul 15th, 2008, 09:53 PM
thats so sweet of marion..:yeah:

Robert-KimClijst
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:57 PM
:D :D Good for Marion!

Dave.
Jul 15th, 2008, 11:02 PM

:spit: :haha: :haha: Marion :yeah: :rolls:

AnnaK_4ever
Jul 15th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Marion knows it's a sad day for tennis when Nadal wins Wimbledon.

tenn_ace
Jul 15th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Marion = instant hero of mine :worship:

Sally Todd
Jul 15th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Marion:rolleyes: She's no different from a lot of people who act as if Federer is entitled to win Wimbledon.

Radwanska said she was rooting for Federer, and made similar comments, but more respectfully or intelligently.

At least she speaks her mind, I guess. Maybe she should remember that Nadal's been in a few more Wimbledon finals than she has.

King Of Tennis
Jul 15th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Marion you are a genius....go Federer..no Nadal..:D :D

good luck Bartoli..

Sorana_Cirstea
Jul 16th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Marion is a bit deranged, and a lot of batty.

But she makes a good point.

I still wanted Nadal to win however, but her point is one of clear and what she feels to be. . . Good intentions. She's just a diehard Fed fan, and a lot of others aren't. But I think she was right in making the statement she made. Except for the part about not being happy for Nadal. That is simply rude. He would've been happy for her overweight, bouncy ass had she won last year. Maybe.

svetaisthebest
Jul 16th, 2008, 12:04 AM
she's a Roger fan:worship: :worship:

In The Zone
Jul 16th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Imagine what this thread would be like if we added an E to Fed.

Bartoli sheds tears for FEED.

Malva
Jul 16th, 2008, 12:10 AM
I feel some people are perhaps taking too seriously Bartoli's answer to that question about Nadal. Not very diplomatic, for sure, but not rude either. For me her answer sounds quite innocent. I wouldn't like to read to much into it.

Il Primo!
Jul 16th, 2008, 12:14 AM
Marion should cry about the mess of a year she has so far instead of caring for Fido's business. Poor thing.

Apoleb
Jul 16th, 2008, 12:14 AM
:lol: @ Marion.

As for Serena, she thinks she's handing out victories, but what's really happening is that her movement sucks. At the moment, there are simply better players, and if she really wants to get back to her winning ways she has to acknolwedge her current drawback and then work on it. If she cannot acknolwedge her drawback, she will keep on getting dissapointed with herself, keep on getting frustrated and confidence will get lower and lower. :lol: @ those fools giving her a pass whatever attitude she displays.

baleineau
Jul 16th, 2008, 12:18 AM
i'm sure she said it "tongue in cheek" with a laugh when she says that she wasn't happy for Nadal. Fed fans all over begrudgingly accept that Nadal played a great match and deserved the title.

Vamos.
Jul 16th, 2008, 12:24 AM
VAMOS RAFA!

Slamless Federer. At least he can cuddle his oh so fine and elegant cardigan at night.

:rolls:

frontier
Jul 16th, 2008, 12:48 AM
Poor girl she must have a crush on Roger:eek:.....how can she feel sorry for ugly Roger!:lol:

Malva
Jul 16th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Poor girl she must have a crush on Roger:eek:.....how can she feel sorry for ugly Roger!:lol:

Ugly in your eyes perhaps. For me he is disarmingly charming.

cellophane
Jul 16th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Marion :haha:

Just when you think this girl can't get any trippier.

Chunchun
Jul 16th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Marion :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: Same here!!! I love you now1!!!!!1111!! :sobbing:

LightWarrior
Jul 16th, 2008, 01:32 AM

Well maybe he shoud stop picking his butt for once in front of the world. It's beyond gay.

FoxyliciousKhat
Jul 16th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Why are people mad the Marion as a fan of Fed was upset and cried? Why attack Marion, she's a fan and if that's how she feels, then so be it! Not everyone is a fan of Fed or Nadal, and some like one and not the other or both. I'm a huge Fed fan but have also grown to love Nadal so I was sad and happy.

Foxy

LightWarrior
Jul 16th, 2008, 01:40 AM
The butt. Has to do with that, not wanting a vagina.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jul 16th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Well , she is french and we all know that there is no too much love for Nadal or Spain among the french fans or french players , I wonder why :rolleyes:

From now on I will celebrate every defeat of this player :dance:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jul 16th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Roger loves fat people , maybe you have a chance with him Marion

Apoleb
Jul 16th, 2008, 01:45 AM
Why are people mad the Marion as a fan of Fed was upset and cried? Why attack Marion, she's a fan and if that's how she feels, then so be it! Not everyone is a fan of Fed or Nadal, and some like one and not the other or both. I'm a huge Fed fan but have also grown to love Nadal so I was sad and happy.

Foxy

Because plently of people here are plain old idiots. Like the poster above.

frontier
Jul 16th, 2008, 01:51 AM
players should refuse to shake Nadal s hand....imagine picking his butt for 5 hours if I were Roger I will protest to the umpire,,,imagine the traces of poop pee or any other bodily fluids that are on his hands:help:

CanIGetAWhat
Jul 16th, 2008, 02:07 AM

"No, not even a little bit."What was she smoking when she was watching the final? :smoke:

Rafael was leading throughout the entire match. Roger always had to play catch up. :worship: It only went to five because Rafael choked. :rolleyes:

AcesHigh
Jul 16th, 2008, 02:10 AM
What was she smoking when she was watching the final? :smoke:

Rafael was leading throughout the entire match. Roger always had to play catch up. :worship: It only went to five because Rafael choked. :rolleyes:

:help: I still believe Roger should have won that match. He never plays to his potential against Nadal which is...his own fault. With Fed's serve and return and Nadal's serve(which is not the greatest), there is no reason for him to have not held serve better and broken better.

If grass wasnt like dirt these days, Federer would have had the advantage. Nadal is amazing,espeically in his ability to improve, but the surface is a joke.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jul 16th, 2008, 02:13 AM
The surface was not considered a joke from 2003- 2007 :rolleyes: and suddenly the grass on Wimbledon is a joke , hahaa

For your information , the current grass is the same since 2002

Deal with it , Fedtards

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 16th, 2008, 02:13 AM

Thats a good thing! :hearts:

faboozadoo15
Jul 16th, 2008, 02:19 AM
Ugly in your eyes perhaps. For me he is disarmingly charming.

Anyone who thinks Federer is "ugly" has a very narrow scope. He's positively stunning, wordly, charming, and at the very least, attractive. He also sports some of the best legs on any living creature.

FoxyliciousKhat
Jul 16th, 2008, 02:19 AM
Well , she is french and we all know that there is no too much love for Nadal or Spain among the french fans or french players , I wonder why :rolleyes:

From now on I will celebrate every defeat of this player :dance:

ROFL you slowly kiling me! You will celebrate every defeat of Marion because she prefers Fed to Nadal?! WOW!

Foxy

AcesHigh
Jul 16th, 2008, 02:25 AM
For you information , the current grass is the same since 2002

You have to be f*cking kidding me. And people, players and fans (including myself) have been complaining about the grass for YEARS.

partbrit
Jul 16th, 2008, 02:27 AM

Non sequitur

frontier
Jul 16th, 2008, 02:31 AM
Anyone who thinks Federer is "ugly" has a very narrow scope. He's positively stunning, wordly, charming, and at the very least, attractive. He also sports some of the best legs on any living creature.
Roger has a grandma without her dentures face!:lol::lol::lol::lol::tape:

Miranda
Jul 16th, 2008, 06:33 AM
:tape::lol::devil:

Bartoli, not a smart but a frank reply :rolleyes:, rafa is the best :nerner:

Roger loves fat people , maybe you have a chance with him Marion

Miranda
Jul 16th, 2008, 06:34 AM
i think the same, especially when he wears his bandanas :o
Roger has a grandma without her dentures face!:lol::lol::lol::lol::tape:

!Gio!
Jul 16th, 2008, 06:53 AM
As a huge Rafa fan I am so glad Bartoli didn´t support him makes me like Rafa even more.
By the way ofcorse it took her longer than Roger to recover because she knows she will never get close to a slam final again. I doubt her ever making QF again.

RayB
Jul 16th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Bartoli:hearts::hearts:

Roger:kiss::kiss::kiss:

young_gunner913
Jul 16th, 2008, 07:55 AM

I think Roger is a good looking man. But I wouldn't go as far to call him stunning. He's no geisha, he can't stop a man with one look.

Cilla
Jul 16th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Marion :spit:

The best player won, sorry Marion :angel:

CuteKoala
Jul 16th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Bartoli and Federer would certainly make a very nice couple. :yeah:

Ceri
Jul 16th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Ha! Go Bartoli. She's not holding back, lol

!Gio!
Jul 16th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Bartoli and Federer would certainly make a very nice couple. :yeah:

I am not trying to be mean but Marion is certainly Rogerīs type.:tape:

Bounty Hunter
Jul 16th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Bartoli :rolleyes:

Nadal :bounce::drool::worship:

Watching
Jul 16th, 2008, 11:33 AM
:help: I still believe Roger should have won that match. He never plays to his potential against Nadal which is...his own fault. With Fed's serve and return and Nadal's serve(which is not the greatest), there is no reason for him to have not held serve better and broken better.

If grass wasnt like dirt these days, Federer would have had the advantage. Nadal is amazing,espeically in his ability to improve, but the surface is a joke.

I am in full agreement. Still he should have even won it on the joke surface...

He had chances in the fifth he just left it too late by starting at 2-0 sets down...

Worst match of my life. Still he is the GOAT and true fast courts this american summer will once again reveal he is better than Rafa on a fast court.

rafa the best
Jul 16th, 2008, 01:11 PM
She should be crying over her pathetic career. I don't mind her cheering for Roger but her other statements in this article are stupid. She says Roger had the control of the match and it was his to lose it. Rafa was the one who had 2-0 and if it wasn;t for the rain he would have finished in straight sets.
She is also very rude when she says she wasn't happy at all after Rafa won. I believe she wasn't but she should just shut up and not make herself look so bitter and pathetic.

Dave.
Jul 16th, 2008, 01:35 PM
She should be crying over her pathetic career. I don't mind her cheering for Roger but her other statements in this article are stupid. She says Roger had the control of the match and it was his to lose it. Rafa was the one who had 2-0 and if it wasn;t for the rain he would have finished in straight sets.
She is also very rude when she says she wasn't happy at all after Rafa won. I believe she wasn't but she should just shut up and not make herself look so bitter and pathetic.

Who are you to say what she should be doing? She's reached a GS Final, hardly what most would call a pathetic career. Marion is a tennis fan just like anyone on this board. Everyone gets upset when their fave loses so of course she wasen't happy with the result. Maybe you should just STFU.

bad_angel_109
Jul 16th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Lol, wtf?

DimaDinosaur
Jul 16th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Marion needs to shut it. She has no respect for Nadal. Now I don't feel so bad when I laugh at all the comments made by other posters about her obesity and ugliness. She is just another version of Mirka, it seems.

Malva
Jul 16th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Marion needs to shut it. She has no respect for Nadal. Now I don't feel so bad when I laugh at all the comments made by other posters about her obesity and ugliness. She is just another version of Mirka, it seems.

Dima, Marion is puffy but pretty. And she has a lot of charm. I like her. Reaching the Final at Wimbledon wasn't her fault.

jonny84
Jul 16th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Aw. Bless. Lots of people I know were sad that Federer lost.

thrust
Jul 16th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Marion is crazy. Serena is a self loving diva. WTT is a waste of time. Lindsay needs to retire and take care of her child. Justine needs to get back on tour with a limited schedule. Mary Pierce was wise to withdraw from the Olympics.

thrust
Jul 16th, 2008, 04:51 PM

LOL!! Why would anyone feel sorry for Roger, hasn^t he won enough?

cn ireland
Jul 16th, 2008, 05:42 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with Marion saying she was gutted by Federer's loss, its just like when how most fans feel when their fav loses.

I think its great that a player shows such love for the game by getting so involved in the final even after losing earlier in the tournament:D!

wally1
Jul 16th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with Marion saying she was gutted by Federer's loss, its just like when how most fans feel when their fav loses.

I think its great that a player shows such love for the game by getting so involved in the final even after losing earlier in the tournament:D!I agree. I'm sort of impressed a pro-tennis player is still such a big fan of the sport, and can be so into a match that doesn't involve them. I wonder how many of the top 100 actually watched this final.

rafa the best
Jul 16th, 2008, 08:12 PM
I've read a lot of evil comments from her about other players and people give her an excuse of ''beeinmg homest''.
Well sometimes it's better not to be honest instead of showing how mean and bitter you are.

clementine
Jul 16th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Nobody sheds tears for Bartoli's train wreck of a career.

Lulu.
Jul 16th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Marion. :hug:

Your a doll.

serenus_2k8
Jul 16th, 2008, 09:01 PM
I cant believe peoples reaction to a Federer fan being dissapointed for Federer after his loss. Freedom of speech and all that :rolleyes:

dylan24
Jul 16th, 2008, 09:12 PM
i don't dislike cake so much anymore

Dave.
Jul 16th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I agree. I'm sort of impressed a pro-tennis player is still such a big fan of the sport, and can be so into a match that doesn't involve them. I wonder how many of the top 100 actually watched this final.

I'm sure most of the tennis world who were free that day watched that match, just not so many talk about it. Venus said she was gunna watch it.

Sally Todd
Jul 16th, 2008, 10:01 PM
I am in full agreement. Still he should have even won it on the joke surface...

He had chances in the fifth he just left it too late by starting at 2-0 sets down...

Worst match of my life. Still he is the GOAT and true fast courts this american summer will once again reveal he is better than Rafa on a fast court.

Excuses, excuses. Some Federer fans really have written the book on sore loserdom. He may play "the beautiful game" but all the sour grapes comments by him and some fans are very unattractive. :wavey:

Also, all the predictions about what he'll do to Nadal in the future tend not to come true. I guess Rafa just always knows how to somehow win against superior Roger. :lol: I'd know because I've been telling stubborn Federer fans not to dismiss or underestimate Nadal for 3-4 years now. Karma...

Anyway, this was WTAWorld, so I won't say much more about the guys.

Marion speaks her mind. Good for her. But she could learn a thing or two about being sporting and respectful.

Sally Todd
Jul 16th, 2008, 10:05 PM

:help:

Based on your avatar, you're old enough to know better when it comes to homophobic remarks.

AnnaK_4ever
Jul 16th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Excuses, excuses. Some Federer fans really have written the book on sore loserdom. He may play "the beautiful game" but all the sour grapes comments by him and some fans are very unattractive. :wavey:

Also, all the predictions about what he'll do to Nadal in the future tend not to come true. I guess Rafa just always knows how to somehow win against superior Roger. :lol: I'd know because I've been telling stubborn Federer fans not to dismiss or underestimate Nadal for 3-4 years now. Karma...

Who understimates him?
He's the greatest dirtballer in the history which has been confirmed by his four RG titles and one title on green clay courts aka Wimbledon.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jul 16th, 2008, 10:31 PM
I am not trying to be mean but Marion is certainly Rogerīs type.:tape:

Exactly :yeah:

Women over 80 kilos are the target of Frauderer

Shinjiro
Jul 16th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Marion :hug:

Who understimates him?
He's the greatest dirtballer in the history which has been confirmed by his four RG titles and one title on green clay courts aka Wimbledon.
agree with you
And it really shows how great Fed has been as he still leads Nadal 2-1 in Wimbly finals.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jul 16th, 2008, 11:10 PM
And it really shows how great Fed has been as he still leads Nadal 2-1 in Wimbly finals.

:haha: :haha: :spit:

The ownage is prety clear in favor of Rafa. I don´t know exactly why those bitter Fedtards ara complaining :shrug:

Shinjiro
Jul 17th, 2008, 12:57 AM
i wasn't complaining :shrug:
just simply amazed by Fed's 2 wins over Rafa at Wimbledon, that's all. :rolleyes: