PDA

View Full Version : Karin Knapp out of Olympics, Santangelo in

gaviotabr
Jul 15th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Koubek, Knapp withdraw from Olympic tennis
The Associated PressPublished: July 15, 2008

LONDON: Austria's Stefan Koubek and Italy's Karin Knapp have withdrawn from the tennis tournaments at the Beijing Olympics because of injury.

The 31-year-old Koubek has a back injury and will be replaced by Australia's Chris Guccione in the men's singles competition, with Mara Santangelo replacing her fellow Italian in the women's singles.

Knapp, 21, hasn't played since losing to Maria Sharapova in the third round of the French Open last month.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were some news on tennis webs here in Brazil about a month ago stating that Karin Knapp had to stop playing tennis because of some heart condition. Does anyone know anything about this? Just today a hungarian olympic champion died while training because of a heart stroke.

In The Zone
Jul 15th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Why does Santangelo get in and not Garbin? :o Perhaps SR? I forget what Mara's is.

I hope that's not true about Karin and the heart condition.

LCS
:eek: about Karin's possible heart condition!

Uranium
Karin:(
Santangelo isn't the smartest choice since she is just coming back,but:bounce:

gaviotabr
Jul 15th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Pechino 2008 - Niente Olimpiadi per la Knapp
Eurosport - ven, 11 lug 20:47:00 2008

La Commissione medica del Coni ha ritenuto l'azzurra non idonea a partecipare ai Giochi a causa dei problemi cardiaci che accusa

Niente Olimpiadi per Karin Knapp. La tennista azzurra, fermata dalla Commissione medica del Coni per un leggero problema di natura cardiaca, è stata dichiarata "non idonea". La Federtennis ha chiesto alla Federazione internazionale di poter iscrivere Mara Santangelo, al posto della Knapp, nel torneo olimpico di singolare femminile.

Il direttore sanitario dell'Istituto di Medicina e Scienza dello Sport, dottor Carlo Tranquilli, ha inviato oggi alla Federazione italiana tennis la seguente comunicazione: "In data 10 luglio 2008 si è riunita, presso il nostro Istituto, la Commissione Medica convocata per discutere il caso dell'atleta Karin Knapp, appartenente alla vostra federazione. La Commissione Medica ritiene attualmente l'atleta non idonea al conseguimento della qualifica di Probabile Olimpico".

Mara Santangelo, indicata dalla Fit come sostituta della Knapp nel torneo di singolare, era già risultata eleggibile dalla stessa federazione internazionale. La Santangelo era già iscritta nel torneo olimpico di doppio. La Knapp era stata fermata per un paio di settimane dalla Commissione medica del Coni per un leggero problema di natura cardiaca scoperto nel corso delle visite mediche disposte dal Coni per gli atleti in odore di Olimpiade.

Eurosport http://it.eurosport.yahoo.com/11072008/45/pechino-2008-niente-olimpiadi-per-knapp.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Google translation (not perfect, I Know.. but better than nothing..):

The Medical Commission of Coni considered the blue unfit to participate in the Games because of heart problems, scolds

Other notizieBerdych not give lobster to Potito
Del Potro takes the revenge
No Olympics for Karin Knapp. The blue tennis player, stop by the Commission of medical Cones for a slight heart problem in nature, was declared "unfit". The Federtennis has asked the International Federation can enter Mara Santangelo, instead of Knapp, in the Olympic tournament of unique women.

The health director of the Institute of Medicine and Science of Sports, Dr Carlo Tranquilli, today sent the Italian Tennis Federation the following communication: "On July 10, 2008 met at our Institute, the Medical Commission convened to discuss the If dell'atleta Karin Knapp, belonging to your federation. The Medical Commission now believes the athlete unfit for achieving the status of Olympic Probable. "

Mara Santangelo, indicated by the Fit as a substitute in the Knapp unique tournament, had already found eligible by the international federation. The Santangelo had already entered in the Olympic doubles tournament. The Knapp was stopped for a couple of weeks by the Commission of medical Cones for a slight problem in nature cardiac discovered during medical examinations ordered by the Cones for athletes in Olympics smell.

maddyus
Jul 15th, 2008, 07:04 PM
i'm sorry for Karin :sad: and i hope she can resolve that problem quickly! and i dont think Santangelo is the right choice (hopefully im wrong!)

FORZA SARITA
Jul 15th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Karin please get well soon:hug:

i'm sorry for Karin :sad: and i hope she can resolve that problem quickly! and i dont think Santangelo is the right choice (hopefully im wrong!)

Garbin prefers play in Cincy so the smartest choice was MEC?:help:

Mightymirza
Jul 15th, 2008, 08:09 PM
whats exact problem for karin?

jonny84
Jul 15th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Aw. Hope Karin is okay and gets well soon and comes back to tennis as soon as she is healthy.

jimbo mack
Jul 15th, 2008, 09:25 PM
heart problem? :eek:

drake3781
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Google translation (not perfect, I Know.. but better than nothing..):

The Medical Commission of Coni considered the blue unfit to participate in the Games because of heart problems, scolds

Other notizieBerdych not give lobster to Potito
Del Potro takes the revenge
No Olympics for Karin Knapp. The blue tennis player, stop by the Commission of medical Cones for a slight heart problem in nature, was declared "unfit". The Federtennis has asked the International Federation can enter Mara Santangelo, instead of Knapp, in the Olympic tournament of unique women.

The health director of the Institute of Medicine and Science of Sports, Dr Carlo Tranquilli, today sent the Italian Tennis Federation the following communication: "On July 10, 2008 met at our Institute, the Medical Commission convened to discuss the If dell'atleta Karin Knapp, belonging to your federation. The Medical Commission now believes the athlete unfit for achieving the status of Olympic Probable. "

Mara Santangelo, indicated by the Fit as a substitute in the Knapp unique tournament, had already found eligible by the international federation. The Santangelo had already entered in the Olympic doubles tournament. The Knapp was stopped for a couple of weeks by the Commission of medical Cones for a slight problem in nature cardiac discovered during medical examinations ordered by the Cones for athletes in Olympics smell.

:eek: :confused: :lol:

HOS
Jul 15th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Poor Karin....this is horrible. Not just Olympics but her health
I really hope she can get well soon

ASP0315
Jul 15th, 2008, 11:41 PM
get well soon karin.
good to see santengelo get in the MD.
will chris guccione ever win some matches outside of australia? :help:

Medina
Jul 15th, 2008, 11:48 PM
I would of though MEC. But =/

Darop.
Jul 15th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Berdych not give lobster to Potito :spit: :haha: :haha:

Karin :sad: Get well soon :hug:

spiritedenergy
Jul 16th, 2008, 01:01 AM
oh no Karin. You were deserving the win against Sharapova and since then you never played again:sobbing: