PDA

View Full Version : Zakopalova "I was surprised to play on such an horrible court"

*Jean*
Jul 15th, 2008, 05:25 PM
"I was actually surprised to have to play on such an horrible court, I was slipping on the water...I know we are in the mountains here, but are we supposed to ski on the tennis courts ? I'm not sure." said an angry Klara Zakopalova after her loss against Maret Ani of Estonia in the first round of the Sony Ericsson event of Bad Gestein, Austria.

mal
Jul 15th, 2008, 05:28 PM
"I was actually surprised to have to play on such an horrible court, I was slipping on the water...I know we are in the mountains here, but are we supposed to ski on the tennis courts ? I'm not sure." said an angry Klara Zakopalova after her loss against Maret Ani of Estonia in the first round of the Sony Ericsson event of Bad Gestein, Austria.

So?

Lunaris
Jul 15th, 2008, 05:30 PM
These Austrians. First they are against nuclear energy, then this. :rolleyes: :p j/k

cheo23
Jul 15th, 2008, 05:31 PM
LOL Is she trying to be like JJ? Maybe she needs a plane to take her back to her Hotel.. Anyway, what do you expect from a tournament called BAD Gastein, Even Yvonne Msuirburger won there..

kris719
Jul 15th, 2008, 05:40 PM
she lost, that explains it.

King Of Tennis
Jul 15th, 2008, 05:50 PM
poor Klara...:sad:

Lunaris
Jul 15th, 2008, 05:51 PM
she lost, that explains it.
So because she lost she is not entitled to have an opinion or it does make her opinion automatically invalid? Sure :weirdo:

alwayshingis
Jul 15th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Bright side:

This won't be a tournament next year, right?

Mightymirza
Jul 15th, 2008, 05:56 PM
this is where Fran won her 1st title right?

améliemomo
Jul 15th, 2008, 06:06 PM
even nadal who is the best claycourt player never complained about courts and I know he played on more horrible one around the world.
Thats clay girl,you accept it or go and play hard courts like others:rolleyes:

Uranium
Jul 15th, 2008, 06:22 PM
It was raining a lot yesterday, but was it raining today?

Slumpsova
Jul 15th, 2008, 06:34 PM
then i guess Maret is a better skiier than her :lol:

Jorn
Jul 15th, 2008, 06:35 PM
They start a hour late, not much sun today so wet courts. But they played on C1 at the same time...

Michaelz
Jul 15th, 2008, 06:36 PM
this is where Fran won her 1st title right?

yes

Natalicious
Jul 15th, 2008, 06:50 PM
in the last 4 days there were heavy storms in austria, especially in salzburg where bad gastein is located the storms were pretty bad

rrfnpump
Jul 15th, 2008, 08:03 PM
pfff, Kookie :o Is that your reason you got broken to love in about 30 seconds in the last game? :o

$uricate
Jul 15th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Oh right, I thought Klara won? :unsure:

Serena played on a water court in Miami I think, for an exhibition.
Klara should feel honoured that she was the first to play a full match on one.

I think there should be more events played in pools :rain:

jonny84
Jul 15th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Didn't a waterpipe burst under centre court which caused it to flood?

I don't think Bad Gastein will be an event next year in the streamlined calender anyhow.

HenryMag.
Jul 15th, 2008, 09:39 PM
then i guess Maret is a better skiier than her :lol:

:lol:

kris719
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:11 PM
So because she lost she is not entitled to have an opinion or it does make her opinion automatically invalid? Sure :weirdo:

When you lose, you're a lot more likely to come up with some excuse for the loss. Lots of players seem to have a knack for it.

Lunaris
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:16 PM
When you lose, you're a lot more likely to come up with some excuse for the loss. Lots of players seem to have a knack for it.
More likely perhaps, but not guaranteed. Knowing the local weather over last few days I am inclined to believe Klára. She didn't say anything that bad anyway, did she?

tobi
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Checking Seb's photos of today,courts doesnt look that bad,but for sure probably heavy due to all rain they had.

kris719
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:39 PM
More likely perhaps, but not guaranteed. Knowing the local weather over last few days I am inclined to believe Klára. She didn't say anything that bad anyway, did she?

I'm not saying the court wasn't bad. It may well have been, I don't know. But if she's using it as an excuse, I have no sympathy.

Lunaris
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:47 PM
I'm not saying the court wasn't bad. It may well have been, I don't know. But if she's using it as an excuse, I have no sympathy.
I wonder whether it was meant as an excuse. Maybe yes, maybe not. It's just one sentence, we don't even know the context.

Sally Todd
Jul 15th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Oh right, I thought Klara won? :unsure:

Serena played on a water court in Miami I think, for an exhibition.
Klara should feel honoured that she was the first to play a full match on one.

I think there should be more events played in pools :rain:

:spit:

I wonder what player would be best in/on water as a surface.

What the hell is up -- or down -- with some of the Czech players this year?

Kvitova has a lot of promise, and some of the second-stringers are posting better results.

But Lucie, Nicole (other than Wimbledon), Benesova (other than RG) and Kookie: :help: Lucie :sobbing:

Bennguin1491
Jul 16th, 2008, 12:54 AM
:rolleyes: you guys make it sound like all klara does after every loss is bitch, moan and make excuses. get over yourselves. :o

DutchieGirl
Jul 16th, 2008, 01:13 AM
:rolleyes: you guys make it sound like all klara does after every loss is bitch, moan and make excuses. get over yourselves. :o
:lol: Lace, you know that the second a player opens their mouth and has a complaint (or makes a legitimate comment) they are made out to be the biggest, most ungrateful bitch on tour. :angel:

Bennguin1491
Jul 16th, 2008, 01:26 AM
:lol: Lace, you know that the second a player opens their mouth and has a complaint (or makes a legitimate comment) they are made out to be the biggest, most ungrateful bitch on tour. :angel:

:lol: how right you are :p

DutchieGirl
Jul 16th, 2008, 01:47 AM
:lol: how right you are :p
So if you ever have to do an interview - be careful. :p

ASP0315
Jul 16th, 2008, 01:56 AM
bad gastein courts are bad
but it is same for her opponent. But crying about about the courts will not help her win matches.

Well the easiest solution is play on hardcourts instead of playing on clay courts, if she has problems with the court.

RenaSlam.
Jul 16th, 2008, 02:05 AM
Get your ranking up and you won't have to play at shit tournaments.

Until then, suck it up and deal with it.

DutchieGirl
Jul 16th, 2008, 02:45 AM

Right - coz the WS have NEVER in their life complained about something and not been taken out of context, or blown up into a major issue when it shouldn't have been. :rolleyes:

RenaSlam.
Jul 16th, 2008, 03:07 AM
Right - coz the WS have NEVER in their life complained about something and not been taken out of context, or blown up into a major issue when it shouldn't have been. :rolleyes:

This thread is not about the Williams Sisters.

:topic: :topic: :topic:

Bennguin1491
Jul 16th, 2008, 03:35 AM

Shit tournament? This isn't a 10K, it's a WTA Tier III, she had every right to expect better.

RenaSlam.
Jul 16th, 2008, 03:40 AM
Shit tournament? This isn't a 10K, it's a WTA Tier III, she had every right to expect better.

It's in Bad Gestein, Austria...what do you expect?

Mynarco
Jul 16th, 2008, 04:22 AM
the name of tourny speaks itself.

$uricate
Jul 16th, 2008, 08:33 AM
:spit:

I wonder what player would be best in/on water as a surface.

What the hell is up -- or down -- with some of the Czech players this year?

Kvitova has a lot of promise, and some of the second-stringers are posting better results.

Interesting question, I think that would be Jill Craybas on the WTA and Mardy Fish on the ATP!

Oh, and all the Czech girls are a bit :cuckoo:
Tonnes of game, but they tend to malfunction quite a lot in the brain.

I've not read the forum rules, but I thought every thread must include a derogatory comment about the Williams' somewhere :shrug:

Ksenia.
Jul 16th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Right - coz the WS have NEVER in their life complained about something and not been taken out of context, or blown up into a major issue when it shouldn't have been. :rolleyes:Huh? Does the fact someone said something unpleasant about your fave make you write bullshit about a player on this someone's avatar?
I always wondered about wtaworlder's ability to bring some players' names (especially WS, Sharapova, Ivanovic) to threads that are COMPLETELY not about those players :lol:

ChampLindsay
Jul 16th, 2008, 09:07 AM
http://www.gasteinertal.com/webcam/centercourt.html

Sunny and great weather today in Bad Gastein!:wavey:

DutchieGirl
Jul 17th, 2008, 12:39 AM

No shit, but my point was that ALL players can be and have been taken out of context, or had issues blown up into something they shouldn't have been coz of the media - you of all should know this because it happens often enough to your beloved WS - no need to badrep me for it. I wasn't bagging them out or having a go at THEM! :weirdo:

DutchieGirl
Jul 17th, 2008, 12:41 AM
Huh? Does the fact someone said something unpleasant about your fave make you write bullshit about a player on this someone's avatar?
I always wondered about wtaworlder's ability to bring some players' names (especially WS, Sharapova, Ivanovic) to threads that are COMPLETELY not about those players :lol:
And I'm wondering about your comprehension. I was NOT bagging the WS> I was saying that they've had this situation ALOT of times before - ie they have said something that has been taken out of context. Jesus people - please learn to comprehend English before replying to what you think someone is saying! I was relating the situation here to something that the poster I was talking to could relate to.
And fyi, Klara's not my fave.

DutchieGirl
Jul 17th, 2008, 12:42 AM
I've not read the forum rules, but I thought every thread must include a derogatory comment about the Williams' somewhere :shrug:
For the last time - I WAS NOT BAGGING THE WS!!! I was saying that the media takes alot of things they say OUT OF CONTEXT TOO! How is that bagging them? I was being NICE to them!

RenaSlam.
Jul 17th, 2008, 01:44 AM
No shit, but my point was that ALL players can be and have been taken out of context, or had issues blown up into something they shouldn't have been coz of the media - you of all should know this because it happens often enough to your beloved WS - no need to badrep me for it. I wasn't bagging them out or having a go at THEM! :weirdo:

Relax...your original post did not indicate that "ALL players can b e and have been taken out of context".

You brought the 'Williams Sisters' and no one else into your little response, so how is anyone supposed to "assume" YOUR POINT WAS THAT ALL PLAYERS CAN BE TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT?

Get it together, step, and shut up. :wavey:

DutchieGirl
Jul 17th, 2008, 01:58 AM
Relax...your original post did not indicate that "ALL players can b e and have been taken out of context".

You brought the 'Williams Sisters' and no one else into your little response, so how is anyone supposed to "assume" YOUR POINT WAS THAT ALL PLAYERS CAN BE TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT?

Get it together, step, and shut up. :wavey:
Yeah, you bad rep me, then when you actually understand what I was saying, you tell me to relax. Go fucking relax yourself. On ignore asshole! :wavey:

RenaSlam.
Jul 17th, 2008, 01:58 AM
Yeah, you bad rep me, then when you actually understand what I was saying, you tell me to relax. Go fucking relax yourself. On ignore asshole! :wavey:

Glad to get under your skin.

PWNED. :wavey:

Andrew Laeddis
Jul 17th, 2008, 02:09 AM
Glad to get under your skin.

PWNED. :wavey:

DutchieGirl
Jul 17th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Thanks for quoting his idiotic post. Just shows how dumb he is. I must have gotten under his skin to start with, as he was the one who bad repped me. Admittedly he was pissed off through his own inability to comprehend english, but still...don't see how that makes me PWNED in any case. Besides, it's not like getting under someone's skin is something to be proud of. :shrug: