PDA

View Full Version : When is Laura Robson playing again?

mn73
Jul 15th, 2008, 12:28 PM
How do you find out upcoming schedules for junior players?
Why did she say at Wimbledon she was unable to play US Open juniors?
Thanks in advance for any news.

S-T-E-V-E
Jul 15th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Well, she's under the age-rule and if she wants to play the Australian Open with their warm-up tournaments, she can't play the US Open this year. :)

ASP0315
Jul 15th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Well, she's under the age-rule and if she wants to play the Australian Open with their warm-up tournaments, she can't play the US Open this year. :)

are you referring to australian open singles Main Draw.(no juniors.) ?

MalJackson
Jul 15th, 2008, 12:51 PM
shes plays like ivanovic

S-T-E-V-E
Jul 15th, 2008, 01:53 PM
are you referring to australian open singles Main Draw.(no juniors.) ?

No, I mean the Aussi Open Juniors ;) Sorry

fnc
Jul 15th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Laura Robson played a junior tournament in Hoorn (The Netherlands) last week and lost to Nathalie Rooks (6-3 6-0) in the first round. This week she is playing a tournament in Leiden (The Netherlands).

Hazel
Jul 15th, 2008, 02:11 PM

I don't know all these rules. I don't understand why she can't play the US Open juniors and then the Aus Open juniors? I don't understand why someone can't play all the junior tournaments. Is there an age rule or total number of tournaments rule for the juniors too?

Dawson.
Jul 15th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Laura Robson played a junior tournament in Hoorn (The Netherlands) last week and lost to Nathalie Rooks (6-3 6-0) in the first round. This week she is playing a tournament in Leiden (The Netherlands).

:confused: why i can i find no record of this on the ITF site??

fnc
Jul 15th, 2008, 02:29 PM

I'm not 100% sure but probably because it's just a local tournament. You can find some information on this site: http://www.toernooi.nl/sport/matches.aspx?id=20456&d=20080709

jimbo mack
Jul 15th, 2008, 03:01 PM
anyone know when she first plans to play wta tour?

Dinkie
Jul 15th, 2008, 03:01 PM

fnc is right. These are local tournaments in The Netherlands (3 and 4 stars), no ITF tournaments. She plays for money though, the winner in these tournaments usually gets something like 1000,-. Don't know why she chooses to play these, maybe in preparation for the European Championship/Summer Cup which is played on clay as well. And she has a Dutch coach. That's all I know.

InsideOut.
Jul 15th, 2008, 03:04 PM
shes plays like ivanovic

:confused: She does? Then I love her :hearts:

Jakeev
Jul 15th, 2008, 06:47 PM

Oh Geez:rolleyes: No offense to Nathalie Rooks but the pressure has either already started for Laura or she totally tanked that match from fatigue. I don't think she has lost an opening match in any junior events since she first started playing tournaments.

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 15th, 2008, 06:51 PM
I don't know all these rules. I don't understand why she can't play the US Open juniors and then the Aus Open juniors? I don't understand why someone can't play all the junior tournaments. Is there an age rule or total number of tournaments rule for the juniors too?

yes, it was brought in about 2-3 yrs ago thanx to Julia Cohen who played week after week after week :o

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 15th, 2008, 06:59 PM
anyone know when she first plans to play wta tour?

She is only 15. I doubt she will play any WTA events this year. Possibly one or two 10k ITFs. She will probably make her WTA debut in the UK next year in one of the warm up tournaments for Wimbledon for which she will almost certainly receive a main draw WC.

LCS
Jul 15th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Get her to play against Michelle! :devil:

Dave.
Jul 15th, 2008, 07:17 PM
If that tournament she lost in last week isn't ITF then it doesn't count on her record.

jonny84
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:15 PM
I don't think we will see her on tour until WTA Birmingham to be honest.

wally1
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:25 PM
I don't think we will see her on tour until WTA Birmingham to be honest.Is Birmingham even going to be a tournament next year?

coolbird2
Jul 15th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Laura could probably take out Lucie Safarova too! :tape:

Was a brilliant triumph on a packed Court No. 1 on that Wimbledon Saturday.

Let's not heap too much pressure on the poor girl, she's prolly doing exams right now. Just let her develop quietly, playing the ITFs over the next 12 months.

Spot on. Jnr wimbledon is great. But in the grand schame of things it means nothing. Lets just leave the girl to grow and understand her taltent

Sean.
Jul 16th, 2008, 12:23 AM
:confused: She does? Then I love her :hearts:

Ya she's kind of a mix between Ana and Patty.

Jakeev
Jul 19th, 2008, 11:49 AM
She is only 15. I doubt she will play any WTA events this year. Possibly one or two 10k ITFs. She will probably make her WTA debut in the UK next year in one of the warm up tournaments for Wimbledon for which she will almost certainly receive a main draw WC.

She is just 14 actually but could play some events this year if she wanted.

kinseh
Jul 19th, 2008, 12:12 PM
As someone mentioned, she is playing small tournaments in the Netherlands right now. She said in an interview that she would be playing some ITF's in the fall. I hope she won't play WTA events any soon - the media would create such a fuss, and loads of people have very high expectations for her. Unless she is very, very tough mentally, she'd crack under the pressure. She needs to develop her game and get some match practise on the junior tour. After all, she's only 14.

Good luck, Laura. :)

Sean.
Jul 19th, 2008, 12:21 PM
As someone mentioned, she is playing small tournaments in the Netherlands right now. She said in an interview that she would be playing some ITF's in the fall. I hope she won't play WTA events any soon - the media would create such a fuss, and loads of people have very high expectations for her. Unless she is very, very tough mentally, she'd crack under the pressure. She needs to develop her game and get some match practise on the junior tour. After all, she's only 14.

Good luck, Laura. :)

I think she can handle it;)

In Britain, there are only about 30 second updates daily about tournaments that Murray is in so it would be for Laura. She could handle that

fnc
Jul 19th, 2008, 12:25 PM
This week she played at a tournament in Leiden, she lost in the QF to Suzanne van Hartingsveldt (6-3 6-2). Due to rain she had to play two matches on Friday, won the first, lost the second.

new-york
Jul 19th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Ya she's kind of a mix between Ana and Patty.

:hearts::hearts::hearts:.

kinseh
Jul 19th, 2008, 12:35 PM

In Britain, there are only about 30 second updates daily about tournaments that Murray is in so it would be for Laura. She could handle that

I hope you're right. But being 'the future of British tennis' already as a 14 year old is a lot to handle.

sunsfuns
Jul 19th, 2008, 01:46 PM

You mean on TV? Aren't the biggest culprits usually tabloids? :lol:

Cat123
Jul 19th, 2008, 01:59 PM
This week she played at a tournament in Leiden, she lost in the QF to Suzanne van Hartingsveldt (6-3 6-2). Due to rain she had to play two matches on Friday, won the first, lost the second.

Thanks for the update. That's an understandable loss.

Sean.
Jul 19th, 2008, 02:49 PM
You mean on TV? Aren't the biggest culprits usually tabloids? :lol:

Ya good points. But it's only really back page unless she wins a big tournament

Caz
Jul 19th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Ya good points. But it's only really back page unless she wins a big tournament
Yeah, tennis is really not big here, aside from Wimbledon. Unless she achieves something huge in the meantime, I imagine the media won't bother her too much now until the grasscourt season next year. Next Birmingham/Eastbourne/Wimbledon time is when she'll have lot's of attention and pressure to deal with. If Anne keeps doing so well though, there'll be less pressure on Laura.