PDA

View Full Version : Honestly is Peng Shuai better back in 2005 then now

pengluv
Jul 15th, 2008, 12:36 AM
I still remember being younger and watching peng beat kim clijsters at her best easily... Now that im older i still expected her to get better as every play has but it seems like her shots are slower and so is she....it seems the same for vadisova... or are all these jus mental issues?

debopero
Jul 15th, 2008, 12:58 AM
Peng is really a top ten player in my mind. She just does not move well and her sevre is nothingspecial. If she imporves these aspects of her game, she will be at a whole new level. So, I guess it is mental.

Uranium
Jul 15th, 2008, 01:00 AM
She had a good fall last year beating Hingis and Mauresmo in China i think, but 2005 was definately her best year as was tough to beat during the Australian season and gave Lindsay a scare at the French.

iPatty
Jul 15th, 2008, 01:39 AM
She is nothing now compared to what she was back in 2005. Nothing.

Her shots are nowhere near as crisp, her movement is slower, she is more-prone to injury and mental lapses, she doesn't find the angles she used to, her second serve has lost some of its bite, etc.

I could go on and on. This girl just frustrates me to no end.

Pasta-Na
Jul 15th, 2008, 01:41 AM
Peng is really a top ten player in my mind. She just does not move well and her sevre is nothingspecial. If she imporves these aspects of her game, she will be at a whole new level. So, I guess it is mental.

i agree with u :p

hankqq
Jul 15th, 2008, 01:50 AM
Didn't she start having problems when Michael Chang stopped working with her because he thought she was lazy? Or did her decline start before that?

$uricate
Jul 15th, 2008, 09:39 AM
:sobbing:

When I saw Shuai back in 2005 I thought she was an extremely dangerous opponent who was a threat to all the top seeds in every tournament she played. She was that unknown seed-slayer. Its easy when you are on the way up and nobody really knows your game and you are playing with no pressure.

Now, when I think of Shuai, I think of her as being the shaky player who has been around a while who is likely to get upset by someone playing like she was in 2005.

It is easy to make a climb but hard to maintain or improve, especially if you don't improve the aspects of your game that aren't working. I still believe she can do anything, and is a giant threat, but slowly I am starting to think that she may now be where she is gonna spend the majority of her career.

longtin23
Mar 22nd, 2012, 02:26 PM
Why????

donellcarey
Mar 22nd, 2012, 02:28 PM
:facepalm:Epic bump

longtin23
Mar 22nd, 2012, 02:35 PM

Well, nothing to do when I am just checking randomly...

$uricate
Mar 22nd, 2012, 02:40 PM

Why????

donellcarey
Mar 22nd, 2012, 02:43 PM
Why????
Cuz this thread was posted 4 yrs ago and had less than one page of replies?:lol:

$uricate
Mar 22nd, 2012, 02:47 PM
Cuz this thread was posted 4 yrs ago and had less than one page of replies?:lol:

I know.

I was referring to the bump :lol:

donellcarey
Mar 22nd, 2012, 02:49 PM
Oh alright :lol:

RenaSlam.
Mar 22nd, 2012, 02:49 PM
Peng Shuai is a shadow of her former self.

Goodbye, goodbye.

donellcarey
Mar 22nd, 2012, 02:50 PM
Well, nothing to do when I am just checking randomly...

Gurl u rly should find better threads to bump :lol:

longtin23
Mar 22nd, 2012, 02:53 PM
Well, maybe someone would like discuss why she sucks since 2005...
Just disappointed with her :o