PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay out of Stanford!

Seles2002
Jul 15th, 2008, 12:55 AM
Lindsay Davenport has again withdrawn due to the ongoing knee problems.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 15th, 2008, 12:56 AM
:sobbing:

ASP0315
Jul 15th, 2008, 12:57 AM
source??

sammy01
Jul 15th, 2008, 12:57 AM
totaly expected, didn't think she would ever play stanford, its just to soon after wimbledon.

ASP0315
Jul 15th, 2008, 12:59 AM
well i guess in that case she will be out Olympics as well and focus on USO.

Seles2002
Jul 15th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Source from tennisinsight.com, 'thedestroyer', who is a big tennis better.

The Daviator
Jul 15th, 2008, 01:05 AM
:rolls:

young_gunner913
Jul 15th, 2008, 01:08 AM
:rolleyes::o

Slutiana
Jul 15th, 2008, 01:10 AM
:rolls: great source. ;)

sfselesfan
Jul 15th, 2008, 01:10 AM
I knew in my bones...even before Wimbledon...that this would happen. I live in San Francisco and I was going to get tickets. I decided not to because I had a strong feeling neither Lindsay or Venus would play. Looks like I made the right call.

SF

brayster87
Jul 15th, 2008, 01:16 AM
reliable source please !

Wannabeknowitall
Jul 15th, 2008, 01:17 AM
I'm dissapointed in both Lindsay and Mary Pierce.

Both have to know they're 50/50 wehn it probably comes to the Olympics.

Mary should have given up playing singles for the Olympics to play doubles and allow Mauresmo to play singles.

If Lindsay wants to play singles at the Olympics, that's fine.
But Lindsay has NEVER played with Leizel Huber and if she would say something now, fully knowing that it's tough for her to play both singles and doubles, then Lisa could get herself in better shape and play with Huber.

IMO, it's a little bit selfish.

Blu€
:o how many withdraws already?!

Super_Marion
Venus was never down for Stanford was she? Just Serena.

Uranium
Jul 15th, 2008, 01:22 AM
this isn't surprising, i expected when i saw her on entry list, Doctors told her to rest for 3 weeks after withdrawing at Wimbledon, she doesn't want to risk her Olympic chances.

ladydiana
Jul 15th, 2008, 01:35 AM
I didn't think Lindsay would play at Stanford. Her knees still need more time to heal.

Slumpsova
Jul 15th, 2008, 01:37 AM
:rolleyes:
Stanford is like her backyard :o

cheo23
Jul 15th, 2008, 01:47 AM
It's Official!!!! Thank god so Lindsay can just rest her Knee for the OLympics!!!

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/07/15/sports/NA-TEN-Davenport-Injury.php

Davenport withdraws from Bank of West Classic with knee injury

The Associated PressPublished: July 15, 2008

STANFORD, California: Lindsay Davenport's troublesome right knee forced her withdrawal from the Bank of the West Classic on Monday.

It's the third time in six weeks the former No. 1 player in the world pulled out of a tournament.

Davenport was scheduled to play eighth-seeded Francesca Schiavone in a first-round match Tuesday evening, but dropped out after warming up Monday. A three-time winner of the event, Davenport was attempting to play for the first time since pulling out of her second-round match at Wimbledon.

The 32-year-old Davenport also dropped out of the Eastbourne tournament on June 16, citing the same injury.

"The Bank of the West has been one of my favorite tournaments to play throughout my career," Davenport said in a statement. "Unfortunately, my knee has not healed sufficiently since Wimbledon to allow me to compete."

hankqq
Jul 15th, 2008, 01:49 AM
So I guess if this knee injury doesn't get better she'll retire again by the end of the year :sad:

LindsayRulz
Jul 15th, 2008, 01:52 AM
I think it was the right move to do. She doesn't want this injury to get worst right before the Olympics, I hope she'll be able to play L.A now :hug:

DavenportForever
Jul 15th, 2008, 01:52 AM
reliable source please !

According to the International Herald Tribune, Davenport withdrew.
and Aleksandra Wozniack replaced her to verse Schiavone.

Lefty.
Jul 15th, 2008, 01:53 AM
:sobbing:

cellophane
Jul 15th, 2008, 01:54 AM
It's Official!!!! Thank god so Lindsay can just rest her Knee for the OLympics!!!

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/07/15/sports/NA-TEN-Davenport-Injury.php

The commentating really hurt her knee. :(

Droolv
Jul 15th, 2008, 01:55 AM
Linds :hug: Rest up for the Olympics :awww:

Who will get Wozniak's qualifying spot if she's taking Linds spot?

What the lucky loser policy, is it the highest ranked loser wins it?

Dawson.
Jul 15th, 2008, 01:56 AM
suprise suprise

danieln1
Jul 15th, 2008, 01:59 AM
So expected... Now withdraw from LA also and she should fly straight to Beijing!

Dave.
Jul 15th, 2008, 02:09 AM
Lindsay :sobbing: Just make sure you're fit for Beijing.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 15th, 2008, 02:10 AM

:haha:

IanRadi
Jul 15th, 2008, 02:11 AM
Linds :hug: Rest up for the Olympics :awww:

Who will get Wozniak's qualifying spot if she's taking Linds spot?

What the lucky loser policy, is it the highest ranked loser wins it?

Sammy will take Wozniak's qualifying spot because she's the highest ranked that lost in the qualy's final round.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 15th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Sammy will take Wozniak's qualifying spot because she's the highest ranked that lost in the qualy's final round.

Sammy :bounce:

Lindsayfan32
Jul 15th, 2008, 02:23 AM
well i guess in that case she will be out Olympics as well and focus on USO.
No the reason Lindsay came back was for the olympics with it being in three weeks I would rather see her fit for that rather than a tournament she has played quite a bit. I would hate to see history repeat itself and Lindsay withdraw from the olympics again. :eek:

Dave.
Jul 15th, 2008, 02:25 AM
:haha:

I could understand how it could though..sitting in a cramped booth for hours without stretching. :p

Lindsayfan32
Jul 15th, 2008, 02:25 AM
Don't think it was that but the world team tennis on the weekend could've helped. :lol:

cheo23
Jul 15th, 2008, 02:35 AM

LOL Good for her!!! Especially AFTER her website got hacked!!!

http://i34.tinypic.com/2ivg2t3.jpg

slamchamp
Jul 15th, 2008, 02:52 AM
LOL Good for her!!! Especially AFTER her website got hacked!!!

http://i34.tinypic.com/2ivg2t3.jpgLike if She carEd!!!!:rolleyes:

Craig.
Jul 15th, 2008, 03:22 AM
Oh, Linds. :sad:

backslapu
Jul 15th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Lindz really shouldn't play again until the Olympics if she plans on playing single and doubles. It's not like she any points to defend. REST THAT KNEE!!!

tennnisfannn
Jul 15th, 2008, 03:47 AM
I am still mad at lindsay for choosing to skip Athens, was she raving mad, she was at her best, the field was weak, the sisters were not in form, the belgians were out, justine in fact was only returing to tennis, the gold was hers, what was she thinking!!!!!!!

tucker1989
Jul 15th, 2008, 03:52 AM
I love Lindsay, but I think that it is really annoying that she goes out and plays two WTT ties and then pulls out of Stanford. I mean I understand that WTT is not totally serious, but she was still running on her bad knee for 4 matches, probably making it worse, when she could have been resting it to possibly play this week. I mean get well soon Lindsay, because I want you to be fit for the Olympics, but this is kind of questionable.

#1SteffiGraf#1
Jul 15th, 2008, 04:50 AM
Lindsay, stop entering tournaments until your freaking knee is healthy enough!!!! My god

Mightymirza
Jul 15th, 2008, 05:13 AM
this is probably lindseys best surface but again its also taxing on the body..She should choose wisely to play!

Michael!
Jul 15th, 2008, 07:59 AM
as expected :sad:
Her body is just too weak for a full tennis season :awww:
She should rest and and then play 3 or 4 tournaments, before she retires at the end of the season :awww:

Good luck, Lindsay :hug: :hug:

saniapower
Jul 15th, 2008, 08:58 AM
i was anticipating that! may be serena next?

Ceri
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:48 AM
This sucks. I hope she plays the USO!

Elldee
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:54 AM
This is pretty stupid because obviously Lindsay isn't ready to play and was never told she would be and yet she's been practicing again - i assume - which will have, if anything, set the injury back. Usually Lindsay's very patient about waiting to comeback but twice after getting badly injured at wimbledon she's tried to play stanford and the first time lost 5-0 ret to groenefeld and now this. I understand she loves the tournament and need ranking points but she also needs to rest. Maybe next week she'll be back.

jonny84
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Kind of expected sadly.

Agata.
Jul 15th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Poor Lindsay :awww: but it didn't really suprise me, that she has withdrawn. Hopefully she will be able to play the Olimpics (fingers crossed)

mdterp01
Jul 15th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Poor Linds. This can't be the comeback she was hoping for.

cn ireland
Jul 15th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Poor Lindsay :sad:

But it is a sensible decision with the Olympics so close!!

John.
Jul 15th, 2008, 06:11 PM
:sad:

cheo23
Jul 15th, 2008, 06:21 PM
I am still mad at lindsay for choosing to skip Athens, was she raving mad, she was at her best, the field was weak, the sisters were not in form, the belgians were out, justine in fact was only returing to tennis, the gold was hers, what was she thinking!!!!!!!

LOL, she even said that when she withdrew at Wimbledon and recalling how she was kicking herself and telling her husband that she didn't know what she was doing when she was watching Athens.

shirley
Jul 15th, 2008, 06:34 PM
:sad: That's a shame, hope she's ok for the Olympics and the US Open

Jakeev
Jul 15th, 2008, 06:36 PM
totaly expected, didn't think she would ever play stanford, its just to soon after wimbledon.
Lindsay straight out said she the doctor said at least three-four weeks of complete rest so I have no idea why she was out there practicing to begin with.

Lindsay is my girl but it just gets me how players do not listen to their doctors.

Lindsayfan32
Jul 15th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Lindsay straight out said she the doctor said at least three-four weeks of complete rest so I have no idea why she was out there practicing to begin with.

Lindsay is my girl but it just gets me how players do not listen to their doctors.

Knee swelling can go down a lot quicker 4 weeks was probably given as a worst case. I know this from personal experience. I don't think Lindsay had much of a choice in playing world team tennis the weekend before. Which wouldn't have helped. I hope Lindsay is over it by the olympics though. :)