PDA

View Full Version : Fans Of Su-Wei Hsieh?

Sorana_Cirstea
Jul 14th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Hello All.

So, I'm not really the biggest fan of Su-Wei, but I really like her game. I have been following her game since a couple of her qualifiers from last year, at the majors and such, and I must say that I am very impressed. I like her game, and I like the potential she has, or at least I feel she has, to make the Top100/Top50. But to do that, she has to play a lot more solid. And get better draws, too. Which in Bad Gastein, she has another dreadful first round. She has to play Caroline Wozniacki, who I also like. Man. . . I just want her to get back into the Top100, and get some better draws. Anyone else agree?

Also, I'm ready to see her in the states again. I think she could have some pretty "decent" results in some of the US Open Series Tourneys. Possibly enough to make the Top100 again. POSSIBLY.

Williamsser
Jul 14th, 2008, 12:52 PM
I've been a fan of hers since watching her at US Open qualifying.

Sorana_Cirstea
Jul 14th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Well I really think she has what it takes to be a future star of the game. She has it rough right niow, with the draws she's been getting and all, but maybe she'll get a better one soon, and really make some noise in the rankings. I really hope so, because I think that she has too much talent to let it all go to waste like that. I really, really want to see her in the Top100 again.

tim2502
Jul 14th, 2008, 03:32 PM
I'm a Sui-Wei fan,too.

Her play style is unique.
She is talented.

But,She cares about her sister more than herself.
She even played 10k itf tour because she wants to play doubles with her sister.

She needs to play more wta tournaments ,but she didn't.

I hope she can schedule tournaments wisely.

Davodus
Jul 14th, 2008, 03:56 PM
i am a fan
i watched her at hopman cup
then went to some of her matches at her great aussie open run
but she doesn't seem to play a lot, and when she does her draws aren't great
i think an improved served would also take her a long way

RND
Jul 14th, 2008, 04:27 PM
I loved her.She was one of the most promising juniors back in 01/02. :)

But well,not so much these years,she is too unpredictable for me to be a fan.She can be so good once,scaring the shit out of the top;then she can give a dismal display another day,bageled and breadsticked by some under-pars.And you never know what's on her schedule and where's her plan.

However she indeed has a compact,cool style of play with her two-handed game,which is absolutely of great fun to watch.I was thrilled to see her having that major breaktrough at the Melbourne Park.I do hope she could one day,finally has that fire in her,to be good.If she wants it,I see no reason she's failing.

smokovec
Jul 14th, 2008, 05:04 PM
She is very talented, but tennis is a mix of things.

I think she needs more work on her physique and maybe on serve, because with this talent she can reach important results, it's so interesting to watch Hsieh play, she remembers me a lot of my favourite player Chakvetadze, because she also try to open the court with nice angles and sometimes shows classy wonderful shots.

Sorana_Cirstea
Jul 14th, 2008, 05:57 PM
I agree with all of you. I think that she needs to become more focused on the game, although I will admit something... I did NOT know that she had a sister. Either way, I hope that she finds the drive to want to be in the Top 50, possibly the Top 20. I know that with her talent, that she can make it if she just believes. She has a lot of skill; it's just a matter of how she uses it. She needs to become less concerned with her sister, and more concerned with her own fate. I think she will fair much better that way.

Mikey.
Jul 14th, 2008, 06:03 PM
She caught my eye at the Hopman Cup this year. I quite liked her game and I have been paying some attention to her since then. :)

Sorana_Cirstea
Jul 14th, 2008, 06:07 PM
She caught my eye at the Hopman Cup this year. I quite liked her game and I have been paying attention to her since then. :)

I have been watching her game since she has been trying to qualify for the majors the last few years. And I am very, very impressed. I think that if she can just get some better draws, that she will start to shine once more, like she did at the Aussie Open this year. But I just don't know if the better draw part will happen. I love her and Caroline Wozniacki both, but they are set to face off this week in Bad Gastein, and yet again, she gets a bad draw. I want her to get a better draw, so that she can be more comfortable in her first, even second round match. Once she has that, the sparks will really start flying, and the top players had better watch out.

Mikey.
Jul 14th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Well I hope she can get a better draw and break through sometime soon. :)

Sorana_Cirstea
Jul 14th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Well I hope she can get a better draw and break through sometime soon.

I do too. I think that she can beat a top seed, I just don't know if she can do it right now. She's beat some pretty decent players, and had some really amazing results. But she has to show that grit and determination in every match; not just the ones' she feels are important. She can crack the Top 100 again soon; she just needs to tell herself that, instead playing doubles with her sister, her WTA singles career is more important. Because she'll eventually realize that in the long run, that is really going to cost her career dearly.

Dav.
Jul 14th, 2008, 09:47 PM
I've seen her play Tati a couple of times, first at Wimbledon last year where Tati was just back from her ankle injury and the match went to 8-6 in the third. It was fun to watch and Su-Wei seemed very promising.

They played again at HC earlier this year with Tati winning pretty easily (6-1, 6-1) but I do really like her game. I don't know if she has enough power to really make it big and she isn't very big (tall or muscular). She could easily be a top 50 player, though, with a bit more consistency. :)

Medina
Jul 14th, 2008, 10:28 PM
I like her very much. She has such a good game. She is very smart, with constructing her points. At Wimbledon against Tati i thought she did a good job although even loosing. Hopman Cup was promosing she did good against dulko, she did a good speech also :).

But i watched her against Rezai, she was so smart with her, she mixed it up against her so many times, rezai was uncomfortable. She would moonball, she would slice it down low. She would constantly go behind her also. I thought she was a good winner. And the croud was funny :P all the french fans were saying things in french, then the Australian people tried to say what they were :p lol

The Dawntreader
Jul 14th, 2008, 10:37 PM
I love her forehand, she sets up with two hands and then lets go on impact. Incredible!:worship:

Very flat game, very typical of the Asian players that was ushered in by Date, Sugiyama etc.

Played a decent match against Safina at Wimby this year, but her serve was a weakness. No real bite on it.

She'll improve though i'm sure and be an established top 50 player IMO:D

Sorana_Cirstea
Jul 15th, 2008, 12:24 AM
I like her forehand as well. it is so cleanly hit, and she puts so much to it, as well as her other shots. She just has to learn how to make her shots gain either speed, or power. Both are perfectly manageable for her, an I'm sure that once she does this, she will become much, much more solid.

Lachrymarum
Jul 15th, 2008, 02:09 AM
Definitely a fan.....loved being able to watch her play during this year's AO.
Go Su-Wei :worship:

pcrtennis
Jul 15th, 2008, 05:10 PM
she's got wonderful powerful groundstrokes but she's too skinny and her serve is horrid. If she doesnt fix her serve she won't be making it much farther than where she is. But she IS very talented.

Also, she's a headcase...just sometimes plays like she couldnt care less about winning.

Vut
Jul 15th, 2008, 06:09 PM
i watched her a few times at fedcup this year. and must say that her game is very unique!!