PDA

View Full Version : I'm playing in a USTA Challenger tournament tomorrow!!

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jul 13th, 2008, 09:22 PM
So I'm here in Aptos doing PR work for the $75,000 men's challenger here. As a semi-joke, the tournament director and I signed up for the doubles qualifying this morning.

Low and behold, we were only 1 of 3 teams to sign up! And what's even funnier is that we got a bye. We play the final round of doubles qualifying on center court tomorrow:o And if any team in the MD pulls out, we're the lucky losers.:lol: And because I'm in the tournament, they asked me to play the pro-am this afternoon...and paid $75 for it. Not an encouraging sign when you get out there and the "am" is better than the "pro."

Look for the draw tonight on stevegtennis.com. My name is McCarton Ackerman.:) We're gonna get killed obviously, but what a thrill!

serenus_2k8
Jul 13th, 2008, 09:25 PM
:haha: That rocks lol. Good for you :p

debopero
Jul 13th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Buena Suerte :) .

powerbackhand
Jul 13th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Lol

justine schnyder
Jul 13th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Good luck ;)

Dav.
Jul 13th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Maybe we'll play against each other some day. :p

Good luck! :)

Dav.
Jul 13th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Why was this moved? This is a professional ITF event, no?

TennisFan75
Jul 14th, 2008, 12:39 AM
good luck, hope you win a round or two! :)

drake3781
Jul 14th, 2008, 03:35 AM
Sounds fun.

What's a pro am?

What is stevegtennis?? :confused:

Wasn't there a contestant on The Bachelorette named McCarton? I always thought that was such a strange name, and now there are at least two of you?!? (And it's a unisex name, at that.) :p

darrinbaker00
Jul 15th, 2008, 06:27 AM
So I'm here in Aptos doing PR work for the $75,000 men's challenger here. As a semi-joke, the tournament director and I signed up for the doubles qualifying this morning.

Low and behold, we were only 1 of 3 teams to sign up! And what's even funnier is that we got a bye. We play the final round of doubles qualifying on center court tomorrow:o And if any team in the MD pulls out, we're the lucky losers.:lol: And because I'm in the tournament, they asked me to play the pro-am this afternoon...and paid $75 for it. Not an encouraging sign when you get out there and the "am" is better than the "pro."

Look for the draw tonight on stevegtennis.com. My name is McCarton Ackerman.:) We're gonna get killed obviously, but what a thrill!
You are my new hero, dude. :worship:

drake3781
Jul 15th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Looks like the other team got the Q spot. :hug:

How was the match?

Whitehead's Boy
Jul 16th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Jordan Kepler/Jeff Mullen (USA) d. Nicholas Ballou/David Humphreys (USA) w/o
(WC)McCarton Ackerman/Peter Kepler (USA) bye

Qualifying Round
Jordan Kepler/Jeff Mullen (USA) d. (WC)McCarton Ackerman/Peter Kepler (USA) 6-0 6-0

In The Zone
Jul 16th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Awh! Does he get any ranking points or prize money? :) Who cares, be the new Brie!