PDA

View Full Version : The "Mental Side" of tennis.......

sugimomo
Jul 13th, 2008, 08:09 PM
As we saw in wimbledon the top 4 players crashed out mainly because of there mental frailty, dont get me wrong here the players that beat them are very good but the top players should of prevailed in the end. i was just wondering how the members of this forum try and cope with the stress and pressure during tough matches when you find yourself choking??

serenus_2k8
Jul 13th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Dont get what you are asking? When your fave is losing vs a player they should beat it sucks, but theres nothing u can do other than your usual superstitious routines to try and work out if anything helps your player. Chanting positive words for example :p

cocco80
Jul 13th, 2008, 08:50 PM
or turning off the tv :lol:

lynxy
Jul 13th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Uh, I thought at least two of those top seeds went out because the weather was windy in the first week and they weren't smart enough to take something off their shots to just get the ball in.
"Ball-bashers" indeed.

serenus_2k8
Jul 13th, 2008, 09:06 PM

Tut tut, that is just weak!!!

Where is the loyalty! :o

Corswandt
Jul 13th, 2008, 09:22 PM
The "Mental Side" of tennis.......

...is massively overrated.

ivanban
Jul 13th, 2008, 09:39 PM
...is massively overrated.

says Vaidisova fan :lol::lol::lol:

Corswandt
Jul 13th, 2008, 09:46 PM
says Vaidisova fan :lol::lol::lol:

WTF has that got to do with anything?

Sickantired of all this "hahaha your fave sux" crap.

"Then find yourself a new fave!". Yeah, I know.

cocco80
Jul 13th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Tut tut, that is just weak!!!

Where is the loyalty! :o

sometimes it helps. I turned off the tv during Ana-Dani AOSF match (scoreline was 6:0 2:0 - I kid you not) gone straight to bed only to find out the next morning Ana somehow clinched the victory.
and that's just 1 example which I can think of. There are more.

Dave.
Jul 13th, 2008, 10:18 PM
I cope watching my fave's closer matches by doing all sorts of supersticious crap that somehow will have an effect on the match. :o

Sean.
Jul 13th, 2008, 11:09 PM

Me too! Or I leave the room.

My mumis such a Jynx though, Whatever she says will happen the opposite always happens. I won't let her watch tennis with me anymore as she always things like Ana will win this game then... :ras:

skanky~skanketta
Jul 14th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Dont get what you are asking? When your fave is losing vs a player they should beat it sucks, but theres nothing u can do other than your usual superstitious routines to try and work out if anything helps your player. Chanting positive words for example :p
Or not moving for a positing if your fave wins a point. and if they lose a point after that, you blame it on yourself "I must have moved!".. :tape: :tape: :o

skanky~skanketta
Jul 14th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Or not moving for a position if your fave wins a point. and if they lose a point after that, you blame it on yourself "I must have moved!".. :tape: :tape: :o

sugimomo
Jul 14th, 2008, 08:31 AM

ooops worded my question wrong, thanks for pointing that out :)