PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best drop shots in the top 10?

InsideOut.
Jul 13th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Discuss and vote.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jul 13th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Clay courters generally have better drop shots...Ivanovic has decent drop shots..radwasnka has the best drop shots in the top 10
Tho I don't like her I think Chakvetadze has quite good drop shots....

No-one has Martina like drop shots sadly.

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 13th, 2008, 11:28 AM
I think of the top ten Aga has easily the best dropshots. Great racket skills and deft touch. She disguises them well too. After her either Jankovic or Safina.

Of course there are many players outside the top 10 who also have great dropshots. Overall I wouldn't say the top 10 as a group are that much better at dropshots than a lot of the players further down the rankings.

frenchie
Jul 13th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Radwanska
followed by Chakvetadze and Jankovic

But Hantuchova and Schnyder are the best dropshotters in the game IMO

Kworb
Jul 13th, 2008, 11:32 AM
tQaDEvaNJVg

:drool:

ViennaCalling
Jul 13th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Aga.

M&M
Jul 13th, 2008, 11:52 AM
aga

Dodoboy.
Jul 13th, 2008, 11:58 AM
That video is god-like! :eek:

I still go with Masha :)

InsideOut.
Jul 13th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Who voted for Venus???

kwilliams
Jul 13th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Ah! Just as I was voting I saw Radwanska's name at the bottom of the list. I forgot she was in the top 10!

Lyndle_BE
Jul 13th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Radwanska

Agree :yeah:

DefyingGravity
Jul 13th, 2008, 12:46 PM
People vote for Sharapova, and I think they vote for hers not because they're the best but because where she places them after she's run someone ragged is the best timing for it.

I have to go with Aga and Jelena. I do agree that Hantuchova and Schnyder have great ones, Schnyder the best with some of that spin, though I think Agnieszka knows when to use them better.

Dodoboy.
Jul 13th, 2008, 12:51 PM
People vote for Sharapova, and I think they vote for hers not because they're the best but because where she places them after she's run someone ragged is the best timing for it.

I have to go with Aga and Jelena. I do agree that Hantuchova and Schnyder have great ones, Schnyder the best with some of that spin, though I think Agnieszka knows when to use them better.

Yeah pretty much :)

Viktymise
Jul 13th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Radwanska easily.

Dementieva, Serena, Sharapova all have the worst.

I don't ever recall seeing Ivanovic hit a drop-shot TBH.

Dodoboy.
Jul 13th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Serena picks the most awkward time to use them :o

Flashback to FO 08 :bigcry:

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 13th, 2008, 01:11 PM

Actually I think people voting for Sharapova are probably simply making a rather poor joke. That is all I can conclude to explain it. :shrug:

Mikey B
Jul 13th, 2008, 01:11 PM
maria! no only joking, but like someone said they're mostly successful because the opponent is pushed so far back into court...

aga has the best! that vid ^^ is great!! she has a touch of drop-shot-itus, but when it works its great to watch!

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jul 13th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Radwanska is sadistic when it comes to drop shots :lol:

Serenidad.
Jul 13th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Serena's dropshots are really all or nothing. Sometimes it's just absolutely horrible, but sometimes it's world class.

Uranium
Jul 13th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Who ever is voting for Maria is completely biased because hers are dreadful.
I voted for Jankovic.

Dawson.
Jul 13th, 2008, 02:19 PM
people are voting for radwanska because she uses them the most. id say about 75% of her drop shots are horrible. when she gets it right, shes probably the best

serena actually has a good drop shot, but she hardly ever uses it.

SV_Fan
Jul 13th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Serena has a nice forehand dropshot. But the backhand :eek:
I have never ever seen Venus it one.

frenchie
Jul 13th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Sharapova has the worst closely followed by Serena

Venus never does dropshot

Langers
Jul 13th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Radwanska >>>>>>>>> anyone else on tour.

Lucas
Jul 13th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Schnyder with the forehand and A.Radwanska with the BH. I especially like Patty's one because she doesn't really need to conceal it, since she uses the same grip to play both the groundstroke and the dropshot.

supergrunt
Jul 13th, 2008, 02:59 PM
I think Serena Williams drop shots are underatted.

supergrunt
Jul 13th, 2008, 03:00 PM
people are voting for radwanska because she uses them the most. id say about 75% of her drop shots are horrible. when she gets it right, shes probably the best

I agree with this entire assesment.

mckyle.
Jul 13th, 2008, 03:01 PM
I think Serena Williams drop shots are underatted.

Not surprising.

InsideOut.
Jul 13th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Radwanska easily.

Dementieva, Serena, Sharapova all have the worst.

I don't ever recall seeing Ivanovic hit a drop-shot TBH.

Here you go:

Forehand:
aDzjk_UEcKg
The point from 3:00 to 3:10

L06DWjE7Aac
First point. Also someone made a point about Aga's bad dropshots, while I think she has improved so much in the past year that she doesn't do those bad ones anymore, check out the bad one from Aga for the point from 2:02 to 2:15

Backhand:
4eJyNztP6rg
Last point of second set, a slice backhand dropshot

0X02sV4YxU4&feature=related
Point at 30-15, it's loading slowly for me. Long rally, the dropshot is at 3:00 and you can see a clearer replay.

babuska6
Jul 13th, 2008, 03:16 PM
After watching the video from that thread i have to say,that aga has great dropshot :)
But i also think that safina has quite good dropshots,i saw it in berlin,where she did it excellently..and out of top 10,i think that also hantuchova has great dropshots ;)

The Daviator
Jul 13th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Here you go:

Forehand:
aDzjk_UEcKg
The point from 3:00 to 3:10

L06DWjE7Aac
First point. Also someone made a point about Aga's bad dropshots, while I think she has improved so much in the past year that she doesn't do those bad ones anymore, check out the bad one from Aga for the point from 2:02 to 2:15

Backhand:
4eJyNztP6rg
Last point of second set, a slice backhand dropshot

0X02sV4YxU4&feature=related
Point at 30-15, it's loading slowly for me. Long rally, the dropshot is at 3:00 and you can see a clearer replay.

Interesting to see Ana fist-pumping so much in the Aga match, which took place in October 2006, I thought she never used to do it :rolleyes:

Uranium
Jul 13th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Venus never does dropshot

she has, but not lately, she did some in 2006 and 2005

AnywhereButHome
Jul 13th, 2008, 03:50 PM
AGA

Malva
Jul 13th, 2008, 04:29 PM

Yeah. And another player's drop shot is simply beyond description. Sadly, she never ever uses it.

Radwanska is sadistic when it comes to drop shots :lol:

And, Serena, being aware of that is sadistically serving when playing Agnieszka...

Seriously, though. A lot of folks seem to share a certain fallacious assumption that a drop shot is a failure unless it isn't an outright winner. Players employing drop shots sparingly may be thinking likewise.

For a player, however, like Radwańska, a drop shot is yet another shot in her arsenal. She uses them to vary her game. Each single one may not be a winner, even though she regularly produces amazing winners as well, but their cumulative effect is dismantling her opponent's game.

I saw a lot of drop shots of her execution that while not being outright winners brought her points. This is mostly due to:

a) her ability to conceal shots,

b) the inherent element of surprise for her opponent.

To sum up, for Radwańska, a drop shot need not be a killer. She uses it often as a tactical weapon in combination with other shots.

This said, a number of players, and not just limited to the Top 10 (Hantuchová and Schnyder were rightly mentioned), regularly employ drop shots in their game. Still, for me Radwańska is an unquestioned princess of drop shots:

How often do you see somebody returning serve with a drop shot winner? Radwańska did just that, against Benešová I think, this year at Wimbledon.

Left me speechless...

InsideOut.
Jul 13th, 2008, 04:33 PM
^Monica Niculescu did against Jankovic this year, drove her crazy ;) Plus, Chakvetadze against Sharapova at YEC last year when she was being destroyed, left Sharapova speechless

Slutiana
Jul 13th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Am I the only person who's seen Venus drop shot? She did it once or twice in the Serena match but I suppose her dropshots are more about creating a short, low ball and then coming in behind it for a simple volley. She is much better when it comes to drop volleying.

I voted Jankovic.

Uranium
Jul 13th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Am I the only person who's seen Venus drop shot? She did it once or twice in the Serena match but I suppose her dropshots are more about creating a short, low ball and then coming in behind it for a simple volley. She is much better when it comes to drop volleying.

I voted Jankovic.

I have seen Venus hit a drop shot, don't feel that you're all alone:p

Lucas
Jul 13th, 2008, 04:47 PM
During the 2000-2002 period, Venus used to play a very good forehand dropshot, following it at the net. It's a tactic that was used a lot in the '50s and '60s (one of the most famous "employers" was Jaroslav Drobny), and very efficient if you are good at covering the net. Unfortunately, it looks like she lost confidence in that shot, and basically never attempts it anymore :( (with some sparse exceptions, of course)

Mightymirza
Jul 13th, 2008, 05:22 PM
its not even a question..Answer is obvious!

supergrunt
Jul 13th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Not surprising.

Almost as suprising as you responding to me. Get a life idiot.

The Dawntreader
Jul 13th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I've seen Venus hit a few dropshots, they wern't always entirely fruitful but whatever:lol:

A famous one was at Wimby in 2000, where she hit a dropshot to break back against LIndsay in the second set of the final. That was a good clutch dropshot:D

However the best drop-shotter on the tour used to Hingis without a shadow of a doubt. Nowadays it's probably Patty, but i always think she overuses it and becomes way too predictable.

I like the Safina dropshot right now, she always plays it carefully:)

King Of Tennis
Jul 13th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Radwanska...

améliemomo
Jul 13th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Sorry guys but almost none of these girls use the drop shot in a match,and especially sharapova!:p
but the best I would say kuznetsova or radwanska.

serenus_2k8
Jul 13th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Serena has the best everything :lol:

Seriously its Aga, but I still voted Serena :haha:

RenaSlam.
Jul 13th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Hingis 2.0 -- Radwanska.

smokovec
Jul 13th, 2008, 07:38 PM
How often do you see somebody returning serve with a drop shot winner? Radwańska did just that, against Benešová I think, this year at Wimbledon.

Left me speechless...

The drop shot on a returning serve is one of my favourite shots and Chakvetadze is another player that sometime uses this variation in a match.

Nicolás89
Jul 13th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Radwanska or Ivanovic.

cocco80
Jul 13th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Aga hands down.

Kenny
Jul 13th, 2008, 08:05 PM
tQaDEvaNJVg

Uhm, wow that was NICE.

Lulu.
Jul 13th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Aga of course.

But I love Serena's when she nails them. :drool:

CanIGetAWhat
Jul 13th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Serena has a nice forehand dropshot. But the backhand :eek:
I have never ever seen Venus it one.Venus used to employ dropshot back when she was younger.

This video has some of the best points from the 2000 USO semifinal against Martina Hingis. :worship: Examples of Venus hitting a dropshot are at 00:59 and 03:15.

TbOpe-IUsx0

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 13th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Does anyone recall Aga's dropshot-lob-dropshot-lob combination against Tanasugarn in the 3rd round of Wimbledon 2006. I don't think I have even seen a more wickedly sadistic combination of shots.

It was a bit like Aga's dropshot-lob-dropshot combination on this YouTube video against Cibulkova. But in this case Tammy, bless her, somehow gamely managed to run down the 2nd dropshot so Aga finished her off with the coup de grâce, a 2nd lob. It was quite an amusing point, although one couldn't help but feel a little sorry for Tammy. :lol:

justine schnyder
Jul 13th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Radwanska
followed by Chakvetadze and Jankovic

Agree

Krzysiu.
Jul 13th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Any doubts?

cocco80
Jul 13th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Any doubts?

no. :cool:

-VSR-
Jul 13th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Maria Sharapova, definitely.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 13th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Interesting to see Ana fist-pumping so much in the Aga match, which took place in October 2006, I thought she never used to do it :rolleyes:

Fist-pumping isn't bad if you're outside top 10.
But if you become dangerous for top players, then it's the most annoying. :yawn:

Aga seems to have nice dropshots and Anna as well.
But for the best dropshots you have to go with girls outside of top 10.

LUXXXAS
Jul 13th, 2008, 09:26 PM
TbOpe-IUsx0

one of the best matches EVER!
for everyone who didn't see Martina at her best :)

Paneru
Jul 13th, 2008, 09:44 PM
^^^

3:15-3:52

One of the best drop shot's I've ever seen from Venus!

She doesn't do it often but, she can do
it very very very well. :cool:

Malva
Jul 13th, 2008, 09:46 PM
The drop shot on a returning serve is one of my favourite shots and Chakvetadze is another player that sometime uses this variation in a match.

I like Chakvetadze...

Malva
Jul 13th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Does anyone recall Aga's dropshot-lob-dropshot-lob combination against Tanasugarn in the 3rd round of Wimbledon 2006. I don't think I have even seen a more wickedly sadistic combination of shots.

It was a bit like Aga's dropshot-lob-dropshot combination on this YouTube video against Cibulkova. But in this case Tammy, bless her, somehow gamely managed to run down the 2nd dropshot so Aga finished her off with the coup de grâce, a 2nd lob. It was quite an amusing point, although one couldn't help but feel a little sorry for Tammy. :lol:

Is there any possibility that this was recorded? Where did you see it? On a TV screen, or in person?

slamchamp
Jul 13th, 2008, 10:28 PM
omg radwanska's drop are so overrated:tape:

Malva
Jul 13th, 2008, 11:04 PM
What strikes me very much, is not that Radwańska is the preferred answer by such a majority -- that was to be expected, but rather the fact that there is really NO second best among the top 10. Those not voting for whatever reason for Agnieszka were spreading their votes remarkably evenly among the remaining 9 players.

The effect is such that from statistical point of view those non-Agnieszka votes constitute no more than statistically insignificant 'noise floor'.

Lunaris
Jul 13th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Hilarious thread, at least there is Aga to save the day.

Nicolás89
Jul 14th, 2008, 12:12 AM

That was one of the favorites shot combination of Hingis, if not her signature.

spriwi
Jul 14th, 2008, 12:29 AM
aga

Malva
Jul 14th, 2008, 12:55 AM
That was one of the favorites shot combination of Hingis, if not her signature.

Dropshot-lob, I agree.

But Chris is talking about dropshot-lob-dropshot-lob.

Uranium
Jul 14th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Dropshot-lob, I agree.

But Chris is talking about dropshot-lob-dropshot-lob.

she's done that before too:rolleyes:

Serenidad.
Jul 14th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Bitchtina. :sob:

Malva
Jul 14th, 2008, 01:06 AM
she's done that before too:rolleyes:

I didn't say she, or any else never did it -- that would be foolish. I was responding to another poster.

I know, Uranium, that you exclude Radwańska from any positive thought.

vw.
Jul 14th, 2008, 01:10 AM
I like Serena's forehand drop shot when it works. When it does, it's quite a shot.
A key dropshot from Venus was in 2005 Wimbledon finals, Deuce at some point deep in the 3rd set. It was quite a smart play. But I don't see her do it often.
I remember one GORGEOUS dropshot from Maria. In 2007 Wimbledon R16 vs. Venus, Venus was serving first set at 5-1, 30-0, and she hit this gorgeous drop shot with tons of sidespin which completely fooled Venus.
I don't watch Aga quite enough to say her drop shot is the "best," but from looking at the videos in this thread, her's seems to be quite good.

skanky~skanketta
Jul 14th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Not surprising.
:lol: a total shocker!

Uranium
Jul 14th, 2008, 01:12 AM
I didn't say she, or any else never did it -- that would be foolish. I was responding to another poster.

when have a said anything negative about her? So shut up.
Also, shouldn't you be talking about your golden rules that you actually go against based on some of your posts:rolleyes:

skanky~skanketta
Jul 14th, 2008, 01:15 AM
I think almost all the girls can hit good drop shots, especially when the time calls for it. They're just inconsistent. I've seen Serena hit good ones (MP vs the Chinese girl at the USO 05) and I've seen Maria hit some good ones as well (notably at the USO vs Clijsters in 2005). The one I see use the dropshot consistently is Aga and she does it amazingly.

But of all the matches I've ever watched, Hingis and Sanchez-Vicario were the best.

Malva
Jul 14th, 2008, 01:16 AM
when have a said anything negative about her? So shut up.
Also, shouldn't you be talking about your golden rules that you actually go against based on some of your posts:rolleyes:

Thank you for confirmation.

Uranium
Jul 14th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Thank you for confirmation.

and how is that? You're proving my point by not having anything that I said bad about her.
I'll stop here with this petty conversation.

Malva
Jul 14th, 2008, 01:24 AM
I'll stop here with this petty conversation.

I truly appreciate that. Except that it may have escaped your notice that I didn't make any claims about your saying bad things about AR. So there was nothing to prove for me.

moby
Jul 14th, 2008, 02:39 AM
Dropshot-lob, I agree.

But Chris is talking about dropshot-lob-dropshot-lob.I don't think Hingis would need to do a dropshot-lob-dropshot-lob combination.

She'll usually follow the first lob to the net for an easy putaway. That's the smartest tactical move if you've got great net skills. :shrug:

Malva
Jul 14th, 2008, 02:44 AM
I don't think Hingis would need to do a dropshot-lob-dropshot-lob combination.

She'll usually follow the first lob to the net for an easy putaway. That's the smartest tactical move if you've got great net skills. :shrug:

I agree, moby. You should adress this astute remark to a guy who styles himself Czar Nicholás I, and to Uranium. It was they, not me, who brought Hingis into equation.

InsideOut.
Jul 14th, 2008, 02:47 AM
My drop shot thread is turning into a catfight!!! :sobbing:

danieln1
Jul 14th, 2008, 02:51 AM
Anna C

Uranium
Jul 14th, 2008, 02:54 AM
I agree, moby. You should adress this astute remark to a guy who styles himself Czar Nicholás I, and to Uranium. It was they, not me, who brought Hingis into equation.

:rolleyes:
okay, you're so annoying:lol:

InsideOut.
Jul 14th, 2008, 02:57 AM
:rolleyes:
okay, you're so annoying:lol:

:worship:

Dawn Marie
Jul 14th, 2008, 03:01 AM
You know what. Tennis fans are more into their favorite player then they are the actual tennis game. I mean it's really embarrassing when people actually treat the integrity of the sport like it's a joke.

AGA and ANNA C or even Jelena have the best drop shotsin the top ten. Now whoever voted for Sharapova and Serena are laughable. At the end of the day tennis isn't about our favorite but the shots and skills of the TENNIS GAME. Gimme a break kids. Maria over Aga? Do u even really understand the dynamics of the tennis game??

Malva
Jul 14th, 2008, 03:10 AM
You know what. Tennis fans are more into their favorite player then they are the actual tennis game. I mean it's really embarrassing when people actually treat the integrity of the sport like it's a joke.

AGA and ANNA C or even Jelena have the best drop shotsin the top ten. Now whoever voted for Sharapova and Serena are laughable. At the end of the day tennis isn't about our favorite but the shots and skills of the TENNIS GAME. Gimme a break kids. Maria over Aga? Do u even really understand the dynamics of the tennis game??

One of the best posts in a long run.

Nicolás89
Jul 14th, 2008, 03:33 AM

Most of the posters who voted don't even know what is a drop shot. I'm sure.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jul 14th, 2008, 04:35 AM
How is this even a poll? Agi loooves the dropshot and shes the best at it

peanuts
Jul 14th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Radwanska is amazing on touch shots. Always entertaining to watch her hit those drop shots. :)

Renalicious
Jul 14th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Aga, but honourable mention to Jelena and Maria. Serena's isn't brilliant but it's not bad either. I don't ever recall Venus hitting a drop shot, ever. :shrug:

peanuts
Jul 14th, 2008, 05:04 AM

Yes I remember Chaky doing this in the San Diego 2007 quarterfinal against Venus. Took Venus by surprise. The commentator said, you could see on how Chak step out of the way to hit the ball that she has decided early on to hit a dropshot on the return. Really good shot, the ball barely bounced on the other side of the court. :)

Serge007
Jul 14th, 2008, 05:15 AM
Most of the posters who voted don't even know what is a drop shot.
Now whoever voted for Sharapova are laughable.
So, is it drop shot? :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwS6p8RqkxU (beginning)

Sharapova's drop shots are not so bad...

kiwifan
Jul 14th, 2008, 05:38 AM
None of them do anything with their drop shot that deserves special praise. :shrug:

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 14th, 2008, 05:58 AM
Is there any possibility that this was recorded? Where did you see it? On a TV screen, or in person?

I saw it in person. And it was on YouTube for a while but Wimbledon don't like their matches on YouTube so it was removed. There was a thread about it too if anyone cares to dig it up. It did cause quite a sensation at the time.

Mikey.
Jul 14th, 2008, 06:13 AM
I really like Ana's drop volleys while she is at the net. Especially her inside out forehand drop volleys :hearts:

LizeT
Jul 14th, 2008, 06:16 AM
Aga, next annaC,jelena,safina..

Malva
Jul 14th, 2008, 06:42 AM
I saw it in person. And it was on YouTube for a while but Wimbledon don't like their matches on YouTube so it was removed. There was a thread about it too if anyone cares to dig it up. It did cause quite a sensation at the time.

I trust it did. I personally never saw anything like that.

On the other hand, two guys in this thread (two pages up, you'll find the posts easily) were saying something to the effect that Hingis was doing such things left and right. Being old enough to remember her matches (especially the early ones when she was winning everything), I couldn't recall that.

With all the similarities so often cited between Hingis and Radwańska, they are still very different. My impression is that Hingis from the very beginning was more scissors-like precise, and her game was extremely effective. A lot more effective than that of Agnieszka. Sometimes while watching Hingis I had an impression that she was able to almost completely eliminate what was aleatoric in the game of tennis.

In Radwańska's game I feel a very different dynamic. Her game is like some kind of dance with the opponent, not a surgical operation. The purpose of this dance is not to murder the partner but rather to enchant her into submission. And a drop shot, the subject of this thread, is for her a figure in this dance, not a surgical tool with which you kill the point.

Chris, do you recall whether that YouTube clip was taken out from a Wimbledon paid subscription video, or was it from a TV rip?

miss_molik
Jul 14th, 2008, 06:48 AM
tQaDEvaNJVg

wow.

CanIGetAWhat
Jul 14th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Aga, but honourable mention to Jelena and Maria. Serena's isn't brilliant but it's not bad either. I don't ever recall Venus hitting a drop shot, ever. :shrug:Watch this video. IMO, it's the BEST match of the decade.

This video has some of the best points from the 2000 USO semifinal against Martina Hingis. :worship: Examples of Venus hitting a dropshot are at 00:59 and 03:15.

TbOpe-IUsx0

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 14th, 2008, 07:03 AM

On the other hand, two guys in this thread (two pages up, you'll find the posts easily) were saying something to the effect that Hingis was doing such things left and right. Being old enough to remember her matches (especially the early ones when she was winning everything), I couldn't recall that.

With all the similarities so often cited between Hingis and Radwańska, they are still very different. My impression is that Hingis from the very beginning was more scissors-like precise, and her game was extremely effective. A lot more effective than that of Agnieszka. Sometimes while watching Hingis I had an impression that she was able to almost completely eliminate what was aleatoric in the game of tennis.

In Radwańska's game I feel a very different dynamic. Her game is like some kind of dance with the opponent, not a surgical operation. The purpose of this dance is not to murder the partner but rather to enchant her into submission. And a drop shot, the subject of this thread, is for her a figure in this dance, not a surgical tool with which you kill the point.

Chris, do you recall whether that YouTube clip was taken out from a Wimbledon paid subscription video, or was it from a TV rip?

Probably a TV rip. And yeah I certainly don't even recall that combo done by anyone else except Fabrice Santoro, but no one else on the women's side. Hingis may have done it in her long career in a match i didn't see but it certainly wasnt a regular thing. I think such a combination is pretty rare.

I think sometimes Hingis is remembered a little bit with rose coloured glasses on this board. She wasn't that special with the dropshot. Good but not that good. As far as retired players go Sanchez-Vicario was certainly better at it.

skanky~skanketta
Jul 14th, 2008, 07:15 AM

I love how you described both ladies. You should do it for Arantxa Sanchez as well!

cosmoose
Jul 14th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Anna has the best "bunt" volley in the business. :lol:

Lunaris
Jul 14th, 2008, 10:41 AM

V2jQ9dobhYo

InsideOut.
Jul 14th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I don't understand how Sharapova could get more votes than Chaky...of course, if people vote for faves it makes sense. :)

Malva
Jul 14th, 2008, 11:51 AM
@ Lunaris

Thank you, Martin. Ambrosia for a tennis lover! I simply adore such game.

Being so much into ladies' tennis, I freely admit that there is a lot more finesse and superb technique in men's tennis. I've been seeing similar things in men's game before, for sure.

You should have brought this clip to the attention of those who were engaged in indomitable discussions raging last week in the Genarel Messages section about men' versus women's tennis, do women deserve equal pay, Tipsarević et consortes, ...

I love how you described both ladies. You should do it for Arantxa Sanchez as well!

I don't have similarly vivid memory of Arantxa's matches. I watched far more Hingis, I am afraid.

iPatty
Jul 14th, 2008, 12:25 PM
As a big Haas fan, I remember going crazy watching that point. :lol:

Richie's
Jul 14th, 2008, 12:39 PM
hantuchova

kasia_q
Jul 14th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Serena has the best everything :lol:

Seriously its Aga, but I still voted Serena :haha:

Great logic :rolleyes:

thegreendestiny
Jul 14th, 2008, 02:34 PM
the Chakvetadze drop shot return against Venus' serve in San Diego '07 was da bomb.

AndreConrad
Jul 14th, 2008, 03:03 PM
I guess I agree with most posters here; Agnieszka'a drop shots are by far the best as long as she is at her best game. I guess it is easy for me to make that assessment :lol:

Corswandt
Jul 14th, 2008, 04:49 PM
My drop shot thread is turning into a catfight!!! :sobbing:

Or rather "The Agatards running rampant".

A few more weeks of this and Radwanska will become the most hated player in this board.

But yes, Radwanska has the best dropshots and touch shots in general of all the players currently in the top 10.

Just about every player can dropshot though. Even that talentless, worthless, loathsome ball basher Vaisidisova (BH sliced CC dropshot - she's been doing that since she was 15 y.o.).

Best dropshotter I have ever seen was Romina Oprandi. The kind of player who hit shots you had never seen before and wouldn't even think were possible. Could have become the female Santoro, chose to quit tennis and party hard instead.

Some players use dropshots all the time regardless of opponent. Say Schnyder (and yes, I will continue to fastidiously refer to her as "Schnyder" instead of "Patty" as I've always done). Used dropshots often against Sharapova at one of their San Diego matches (2006? More likely 2007.) - with mixed success. Sharapova's good first step and long stride means it's harder to dropshot her successfully than you might initially think. But Dementieva's crap drive volleys and overall lousy shot selection at the net means bringing her forward with dropshots is often a sound game plan, and Schnyder made good use of it at times (example: their 2006 Paris OGDF match).

BTW Schnyder's dropshot is a somewhat risky move - she usually tries to get them to land so close to the net that she botches them about 2 out of 10 tries.

Corswandt
Jul 14th, 2008, 04:56 PM
V2jQ9dobhYo

I remember watching that.

Greatest argument for the 5th set TB you could possibly make.

mckyle.
Jul 14th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Best dropshotter I have ever seen was Romina Oprandi. The kind of player who hit shots you had never seen before and wouldn't even think were possible. Could have become the female Santoro, chose to quit tennis and party hard instead.

She had serious back problems.

V-MAC
Jul 14th, 2008, 05:20 PM
I can't remember what a Venus dropshot looks like :lol: This reminds me of the thread though that asked why Venus never lobs and then look what happens, at RG she turns into a lobbing machine. Now I expect her to be dropshotting galore on the hardcourts :p

sasha&tennis
Jul 14th, 2008, 05:33 PM
How can sharapova have 20 votes? That is not her game.

supergrunt
Jul 14th, 2008, 06:30 PM
just because radwanska using the drop-shot a lot, that doesn't make it a good shot

slamchamp
Jul 14th, 2008, 06:31 PM
just because radwanska using the drop-shot a lot, that doesn't make it a good shot:D

Lunaris
Jul 14th, 2008, 07:32 PM
I remember watching that.

Greatest argument for the 5th set TB you could possibly make.
I remember great points being played in no-tiebreak 5-setters, which would provide an equally good argument against the tiebreak. Works both ways, as you surely are aware.

Malva
Jul 14th, 2008, 07:53 PM
I remember great points being played in no-tiebreak 5-setters, which would provide an equally good argument against the tiebreak. Works both ways, as you surely are aware.

Yes, I agree. I don't see how that video provides any argument that the 5-th set tie break means better quality of tennis. Great points are great points -- they can occur any time during the match. You can win, or loose, a tie break on a double fault as easily.

Pesi
Jul 14th, 2008, 07:58 PM
How can sharapova have 20 votes? That is not her game.

Yeah, exactly... Sharapova and drop shots?

It´s like water and oil to me.

Corswandt
Jul 14th, 2008, 08:37 PM

Yes, I agree. I don't see how that video provides any argument that the 5-th set tie break means better quality of tennis. Great points are great points -- they can occur any time during the match. You can win, or loose, a tie break on a double fault as easily.

But in a 5th set TB those great points become a life or death issue. Every point counts.

Anyway, the 5th set TB makes for a much more dramatic ending. It's the tennis equivalent of the penalty shootout.

Malva
Jul 14th, 2008, 08:52 PM
But in a 5th set TB those great points become a life or death issue. Every point counts.

In the standard issue Slam 5th set they're much more likely to be wasted on a meaningless point.

I certainly agree with you, Corswandt, about the life and death issue, and yet the greatest points are often played not in such situations. The reason is that elevated playing of such a caliber inevitably carries greatest elements of risk. So, while such great points can occur in a decider tie break, they may equally appear in a regular decider game.

Take into account that starting from 6:5 in the decider set, every other game is the life and death issue, as well.

I personally don't feel too strongly against 5-th set tie breaks, except in those situations when both players get 6 points each. Such a scenario reminds me of deciding a soccer match by a penalty shootout. Since you arrived at the same conclusion, I imagine that you like such match endings, I much less so.

Dramatic ending -- no doubt. Implied high quality -- not necessary.

Corswandt
Jul 14th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Dramatic ending -- no doubt. Implied high quality -- not necessary.

I never said anything about quality. :confused:

AndreConrad
Jul 14th, 2008, 09:20 PM

Hey! Dramatic ending with high quality makes my day :drool:.. Too bad I can't remember when I saw high quality match point.

Malva
Jul 14th, 2008, 09:28 PM

I see. Sorry for a small misunderstanding...

I took your reference to the video clip provided by Lunaris, to be a reference to the fabulous quality of that point. Thanks to your clarification I see that you meant the drama. I think Lunaris took it similarly as I did.

No doubt about the drama of the decider tie break, and I said that above.

Lunaris
Jul 14th, 2008, 09:29 PM

Anyway, the 5th set TB makes for a much more dramatic ending. It's the tennis equivalent of the penalty shootout.
But how does that point between Blake and Haas stand in favour of 5 set tiebreakers? You got me confused here. I understand that you prefer tiebreak ending because it involves more drama (for me it means an abrupt ending), but that doesn't have anything to do with that one point. Unless you mean that executing/seeing such points in 5 set tiebreak is more special than executing/seeing them in a normal game, which also is merely a matter of opinion. I wouldn't use that point as an argument for anything.

Malva
Jul 14th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Hey! Dramatic ending with high quality makes my day :drool:.. Too bad I can't remember when I saw high quality match point.

Fortunately, I can oblige: the incredible forehand cross-court winner shot from a very difficult position with which Agnieszka finished her match against Hingis in Miami, 2007. That was huge! I never saw her more emotional than after that point. I watched the video of that match a few days ago.

VRee_Willario
Jul 14th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Serena :yeah:

Corswandt
Jul 14th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Unless you mean that executing/seeing such points in 5 set tiebreak is more special than executing/seeing them in a normal game, which also is merely a matter of opinion. I wouldn't use that point as an argument for anything.

I read the bolded part of your post twice to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding anything and now I do suspect that you're just contradicting me for the sake of being contrarian here.

I mean, sure it's a matter of opinion - like almost everything else. I suppose it's also a matter of opinion considering that it would be better for the game as a whole that the best tennis of a major tournament was played in the final, or at least the latter stages of a tournament, or at least a high stakes televised match, instead of in a 1R match between unknowns at a parking lot court that nobody got to see, since it's indeed conceivable, from a logical POV, that someone, no matter how pigheaded or misguided, would hold the opposite view. Thus making it a matter of opinion.

sharapovarulz1
Jul 14th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Aga without a doubt :D

Uranium
Jul 14th, 2008, 10:40 PM
well, I am watching old Venus videos and came across a couple of drop shots, most recently as 2007 Wimbledon final during the 2nd point. Take that people saying Venus never hits drop shots

Lunaris
Jul 14th, 2008, 10:55 PM
I read the bolded part of your post twice to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding anything and now I do suspect that you're just contradicting me for the sake of being contrarian here.

I mean, sure it's a matter of opinion - like almost everything else. I suppose it's also a matter of opinion considering that it would be better for the game as a whole that the best tennis of a major tournament was played in the final, or at least the latter stages of a tournament, or at least a high stakes televised match, instead of in a 1R match between unknowns at a parking lot court that nobody got to see, since it's indeed conceivable, from a logical POV, that someone, no matter how pigheaded or misguided, would hold the opposite view. Thus making it a matter of opinion.
That's a rather extreme case hardly comparable to the subject of our conversation.

Now I am not sure if you just called me pigheaded and misguided, but I shall let it pass. This whole argument is pointless anyway.

iPatty
Jul 14th, 2008, 11:12 PM
I was totally bewitched watching Patty Schnyder "live" dropshoting (on grass) Alona Bondarenko last year at Wimbledon...

Soo much backspin and low over the net, was driving the blond Ukrainian nuts.

Safina was using the DS to monotonous effect on her way to the Berlin triumph, specially the final ... so my vote goes to her.

This part jumped out at me immediately.

That is what so enchants me about Schnyder's drop shots. Not just how she wins the point with it, but the sheer mastery it takes to make the ball just drop over the net and spin backwards. I can't even imagine the racquet skills it takes to do that. Some of the drop shots she played against Henin in Charleston 2006 were just breathtaking. She just made it look so easy. Again this year against Radwanska in Charleston, she employed the drop shot numerous times and I think only lost one point. It was a battle of who had the better hands at the net because Radwanska usually retrieved the shot. Once that battle started, there was only going to be one winner. Schnyder constantly sliced and lobbed Radwanska to the point where it was almost comical. I wish that match had been televised, it was astounding. I think the drop shot, when executed perfectly, is the most impressive shot in tennis.

Corswandt
Jul 14th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Schnyder constantly sliced and lobbed Radwanska to the point where it was almost comical.

Because Radwanska's puffballing gave her the time she needed to employ all her racquet artistry, I assume.

iPatty
Jul 14th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Because Radwanska's puffballing gave her the time she needed to employ all her racquet artistry, I assume.

I chose to leave that detail out. Regardless, it still isn't easy to pull off such good drop shot-lob and drop shot-pass combos even against a soft hitter. Schnyder does it regularly against Dementieva as well, just not this year.

Malva
Jul 14th, 2008, 11:27 PM
This part jumped out at me immediately.

That is what so enchants me about Schnyder's drop shots. Not just how she wins the point with it, but the sheer mastery it takes to make the ball just drop over the net and spin backwards. I can't even imagine the racquet skills it takes to do that. Some of the drop shots she played against Henin in Charleston 2006 were just breathtaking. She just made it look so easy. Again this year against Radwanska in Charleston, she employed the drop shot numerous times and I think only lost one point. It was a battle of who had the better hands at the net because Radwanska usually retrieved the shot. Once that battle started, there was only going to be one winner. Schnyder constantly sliced and lobbed Radwanska to the point where it was almost comical. I wish that match had been televised, it was astounding. I think the drop shot, when executed perfectly, is the most impressive shot in tennis.

You wonderfully write about that match. Wish I could see it. Maybe it was televised by some TV channel? Hey guys reading this? Has anybody got it on video?

If that was what Patty needed to demonstrate her artistry, then I am happy Agnieszka obliged:

Artistry above all, artistry!

iPatty
Jul 14th, 2008, 11:31 PM
It was merely a third round match, I think some local television station was running highlights of the day's action but I extremely doubt that anyone captured such a small clip, much less post it on here.

AndreConrad
Jul 14th, 2008, 11:33 PM
You wonderfully write about that match. Wish I could see it. Maybe it was televised by some TV channel? Hey guys reading this? Has anybody got it on video?
If that was what Patty needed to demonstrate her artistry, then I am happy Agnieszka obliged:
Artistry above all, artistry!

I agree great description, would love to watch the match.... but man, I can't stop laughing at the verbal aikido in the bolded section :lol:

Malva
Jul 14th, 2008, 11:35 PM
It was merely a third round match, I think some local television station was running highlights of the day's action but I extremely doubt that anyone captured such a small clip, much less post it on here.

You sounded as if you saw all of that. Were you there in the audience?

iPatty
Jul 14th, 2008, 11:39 PM
You sounded as if you saw all of that. Were you there in the audience?

Yes, I was in the audience that night. A few other posters, LudwigDvorak and partbrit, were also in attendance.

Marco Fernandes
Jul 16th, 2008, 02:35 AM
http:///www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMVil3Je9kw

Malva
Jul 16th, 2008, 04:44 AM
I agree great description, would love to watch the match.... but man, I can't stop laughing at the verbal aikido in the bolded section :lol:

Aikido (合気道) ... an art that practitioners could use to defend themselves while also protecting their attacker from injury.

Uhmmm ... We better practice this art in the TennisForum. There will be fewer injuries.

3Dcool
Jul 16th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Radwanska is the queen of drop shots in top 10... I'd like to get some more videos please (:

Doc
Jul 16th, 2008, 01:51 PM
http:///www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMVil3Je9kw

Masha had a good drop-shotting day that day!

debopero
Jul 16th, 2008, 02:02 PM
None of these girls can touch Patty with the drop shot. I mean, she can hit it from anywhere.

Malva
Jul 16th, 2008, 02:54 PM
None of these girls can touch Patty with the drop shot. I mean, she can hit it from anywhere.

Patty is a great drop-shooter, no doubt. Agnieszka can, and does, drop shots not just from anywhere, like Patty, but also in any, even the most inconvenient situation (cf. the video clip in the beginning of this thread).

Radwanska is the queen of drop shots in top 10... I'd like to get some more videos please (:

There are videos, some very good quality, of her entire televised matches. You can find them here:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=350076

slamchamp
Jul 16th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Patty is a great drop-shooter, no doubt. Agnieszka can, and does, drop shots not just from anywhere, like Patty, but also in any, even the most inconvenient situation

but they suck most of the time:shrug: it's not quantity it's quality

InsideOut.
Jul 16th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Now I wish I'd never opened this thread. It's turned into a thread for obnoxiousness and bitching.

slamchamp
Jul 16th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Now I wish I'd never opened this thread. It's turned into a thread for obnoxiousness and bitching.
I'm sorry but I'm being objective, even the commentators in the sveta-aga match said that one of the worst shorts from aga was the drop-shot

InsideOut.
Jul 16th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I'm sorry but I'm being objective, even the commentators in the sveta-aga match said that one of the worst shorts from aga was the drop-shot

I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about a certain obnoxious poster whose name begins with M...:help:

Yes I don't think Aga's are so great either. In Doha against Cibulkova, the commentators were like "you know she's such a solid player, technically sound on all wings but it's just the drop shot..." It's not that great a shot, she just hits so many of them that she has to win some. :tape:

AndreConrad
Jul 16th, 2008, 04:11 PM
I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about a certain obnoxious poster whose name begins with M...:help:

Yes I don't think Aga's are so great either. In Doha against Cibulkova, the commentators were like "you know she's such a solid player, technically sound on all wings but it's just the drop shot..." It's not that great a shot, she just hits so many of them that she has to win some. :tape:

I think it is a great thread and you should not take the disputes here to your heart. There will be always almost as many opinions as the number of people expressing them. The beauty of the forum is the ability to discuss them. It is unreasonable to expect that even if we think we made our opinion clear and supported it with solid arguments others will buy into our opinion. Others still heard the arguments and I am sure they will make them think sooner or later if the arguments are sound. :wavey:

As far as Agnieszka is concerned I think if we discussed any of her assets separately we would find people that any given asset is her liability. At the end of the day she has to have some assets that got her to #10. Even that statement I am sure would find some extremists that don’t enjoy her game saying she has no strengths and only luck got her there, or that she’s so boring and puts her opponents to sleep. :shrug:

InsideOut.
Jul 16th, 2008, 04:18 PM
^Good rep for you. :)

papru
Jul 21st, 2008, 07:59 AM
Agnieszka is the Dropshot Queen :worship:

sandv1
Jul 21st, 2008, 08:32 AM
tQaDEvaNJVg

THAT'S SICKENING! :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

I stand corrected! I voted for Jelena but I agree with you guys now:
A-Rad owns it as far as the top 10 goes and there are others who are pretty good even outside the top 10.

slamchamp
Jul 21st, 2008, 01:33 PM
Maria!:D :p http://youtube.com/watch?v=BMVil3Je9kw

schorsch
Jul 21st, 2008, 01:59 PM
I dont know why you people think JJ has a good dropshot, dropvolley maybe, because she used to be one of those players that couldnt hit anything on a consistent and effective basis but a drivevolley or dropvolley at the net. I give her that, yes. But her droppers usually are crap :lol: Not only they're not sound, but she uses them at weird moments as well. I only remember one or two good ones vividly. That's it. The thing is Jelena it seems doesnt even changes her grip to play them and if your usual grips are not really, I don't know suited lets say for droppers... a lot can go wrong.

Masha's backhand dropper on FASTER surfaces is actually quiet good. It looks quiet good technically as well. Much better than JJ's. And this year she's added a decent forehand dropper. I agree though they're effective also, because she pins her opponents back behind the baseline and thus has more of a chance to win the point. On clay she does that yeah, but rather cause she's not comfortable winning the points otherwise compared to other surfaces. I still say that on faster surfaces her droppers are much better executed.

Wert.
Sep 17th, 2011, 09:03 PM
A.Radwanska
Oprandi :oh:

Martic plays it ofen,but rarely good :tape:

Joey Darling
Sep 17th, 2011, 09:16 PM
^ Vika looks a lot like Nicole V. in your avatar. She looks stunning.

Break My Rapture
Sep 17th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Speaking of Azarenka, has good (and as always underrated) dropshots. I wish I was able to make a compilation of the dropshots she hit during RG '09 atm, most of them were SICK.

I'm so uninterested and out of tennis right now that I can't even recall the entire top 10, but at first impression not a lot of them have a good dropshot in them (especially with Agatha's exit out of top 10).

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 17th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Henin at her prime had the best dropper :worship:.

Otherwise my top 5 in no particular order: Radwanska, Schnyder, Mauresmo, Sharapova, Safina.

Sammo
Sep 17th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Agnieszka obviously. Number 1 forever is Martina :bowdown:

Potato
Sep 18th, 2011, 02:08 AM
Franny? idk.

Outside - Hantuchova, Radwanska, Serena (only the forehand), JJ has a good drop volley but not a very good drop shot :shrug:

Joey Darling
Sep 18th, 2011, 02:22 AM
Outside of the Top 10... I'd say that Lisicki can produce some pretty sick drop shots.

Setsuna.
Sep 18th, 2011, 02:27 AM
I think Aga but voted for the Princess.

InsideOut.
Sep 18th, 2011, 02:30 AM
:speakles: Top 10 in 2008.

Stonerpova
Sep 18th, 2011, 03:06 AM
Outside of the Top 10... I'd say that Lisicki can produce some pretty sick drop shots.

Lisicki always telegraphs her drop shots though. Sharapova, who isn't the best at moving forward, was all over them in their Wimbledon semi.

BepaMaria
Sep 18th, 2011, 04:05 AM
Wozniacki, Bartoli and Kvitova cannot even do a drop shot:o

I would say Schiavone and Zvonareva

Pops Maellard
Sep 18th, 2011, 04:53 AM
I miss this top 10 (except Aga) :sad:.

Brad[le]y.
Sep 18th, 2011, 05:19 AM
I like how only one of those players is still in the top 10 :spit:

moby
Sep 18th, 2011, 05:44 AM
I LOL-ed when I realised the poll options were organised by ranking.

SwingVolley93
Sep 18th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Aga :hearts:

Joey Darling
Sep 18th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Lisicki always telegraphs her drop shots though. Sharapova, who isn't the best at moving forward, was all over them in their Wimbledon semi.

Not always. In crucial moments, however, yes... Grab the telegraph, because here they come.

Break My Rapture
Sep 18th, 2011, 11:37 AM
All over them? :lol: She succesfully anticipated and finished the shot like once. She got caught off guard about 5 five times despite the blunt signs Lisicki exposes when she's about to play one (holding 2 hands on her racquet when she's about to hit a FH = you can ALWAYS expect her to play a dropshot).

thegreendestiny
Sep 18th, 2011, 01:19 PM
All over them? :lol: She succesfully anticipated and finished the shot like once. She got caught off guard about 5 five times despite the blunt signs Lisicki exposes when she's about to play one (holding 2 hands on her racquet when she's about to hit a FH = you can ALWAYS expect her to play a dropshot).

Lisicki needs to stop pretending she's Hingis. She is overusing her dropshots. :lol:

AlwaysGraf
Sep 18th, 2011, 02:03 PM
graf has the best dropshot ever
point starts at 11.29
ill look for better ones
radwanskas is fing ugly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2g_Zuj6FXE

Onjanae.
Sep 18th, 2011, 03:08 PM
That Radwanska video gave me chills. Her second drop shot was just divine, even Federer would have been proud. The prolonged cheer was truly deserved. :eek:

A masterpiece!!! This girl is an amazing player!

Onjanae.
Sep 18th, 2011, 03:11 PM
graf has the best dropshot ever
point starts at 11.29
ill look for better ones
radwanskas is fing ugly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2g_Zuj6FXE

Radwanska's drop shot was better. It was shocking that it managed to get over the net. The shot was sublime. That dropshot from steffi isn't on the level!

AlwaysGraf
Sep 18th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Radwanska's drop shot was better. It was shocking that it managed to get over the net. The shot was sublime. That dropshot from steffi isn't on the level!

are you serious-steffi dropshots with style
radwanska drop shots look like kids messing about it is seriously child like the way she hits it

AlwaysGraf
Sep 18th, 2011, 03:21 PM
point starts at 2.04
if radwanska ever hits one like this report back to me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTHduZci8ak

adner
Sep 18th, 2011, 03:44 PM
point starts at 2.04
Nothing extremely special about this dropshot, really(it was good but Radwanska uses her dropshot just as well at times). Venus was double surprised as Graf slices her backhand all the time.

Onjanae.
Sep 18th, 2011, 03:58 PM
point starts at 2.04

That was nice, great disguise will the succession of slices preceeding, but for the really quality drop shots make little sound of the racquet. Steffi's drop shot has a lot of work on it, Radwanska's had very soft hands - incredible feel. It may look child like :lol: but she's no child and the execution for me was just sublime. She had much less height over the net than Steffi too - I think Radwasnka's drop shot in the video is harder to execute.

SwingVolley93
Sep 18th, 2011, 10:11 PM
point starts at 2.04

aga's dopshot in that video against Domi was much harder to execute than the one Stefi did against venus :wavey:

Brad[le]y.
Sep 18th, 2011, 11:10 PM
comparing Radwanksa to Graf :happy:

pav
Sep 19th, 2011, 12:11 AM
comparing Radwanksa to Graf :happy:
You are right, A Rad is much better looking!

delicatecutter
Sep 19th, 2011, 12:45 AM
Why was this thread bumped? Seriously annoying. Love that Aga won in a landslide though. :hearts: