PDA

View Full Version : I had a weird dream about Venus and Steffi last night

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jul 13th, 2008, 01:13 AM
Okay, so I've been a huge fanatic of the WTA tour for almost 12 years now - basically since I've come to know who the great Venus Williams is. With that, I saw the domination of ASV and Graf come to an end, the rise of the "Brat" pack - Kournikova, Hingis, Venus, Serena, et. al., the rise of the Belgians, the Russians, and now the eastern Europeans and in all that, the great Monica Seles close out her career.

I've been privy to many great matches on many great stages, but I have to say, I've never had a dream like this before.

Okay, so it is the Wimbledon finale and Venus is playing Steffi (I'm assuming it's 2009). It is tied with Steffi winning the first set 6-4 and Venus winning the second set 6-4.

My dream picks up in the third (the score was posted on the TV) and it is tied 2-2 with Steffi serving. Venus is able to break her serve and goes up 3-2 running to her chair with a big smile on her face (meanwhile, I'm going freaking nuts because I'm so excited).

So, my dream skips ahead and next thing you know, Steffi has broke back for 3-3, held for 4-3 and broke again for a 5-3 lead. She is serving and wins the first to points to go up 30-0 and then Venus wins a point for 30-15. Steffi does an amazing point to go up 40-15. The crowd is going crazy and my heart is breaking. Steffi steps up to serve for the championship and all of a sudden a HUGE downpour comes cancelling play right away......and Steffi says, "Oh my GOD, not NOW!" The players run off court and then that was the end of the dream....

My only analysis is that Steffi was serving to be "queen" of Wimbledon and Venus was so close yet so far away....but there is still time for her to make it up.....who knows. And yes, I know Navratilova is awesome too -- I'm just trying to figure the dream out.

Anabelcroft
Jul 13th, 2008, 02:54 AM
Just keep on dreaming... :-)))

slamchamp
Jul 13th, 2008, 02:58 AM
Good luck with that

Apoleb
Jul 13th, 2008, 03:01 AM
please help me cheo wants to steel my username and he said to me bad things on msn
please help me fast moderators please

:haha:

At least the dream was exciting, but honestly cut the whole analysis crap. It only means that you're dangerously obsessed in tennis.

lurker
Jul 13th, 2008, 03:06 AM
It's ok. I think it means Steffi and Venus come from different eras and we shouldn't be trying to wonder which of the two is better. They are both undoubtedly the two best Wimbledon ladies' champions in history thus far ( and yes, I included Navratilova in the consideration).

I remember very vividly that 1999 QF between them, and I still believe for that year, that was the final. If Venus had been in Davenport's half, Davenport would never have been Wimbledon champion. Venus would have been in the final. The rains and Steffi"s age the amount of tennis she played up to Wimbledon (she had just won Roland Garros) and leg injury played a huge role in the outcome of that final. I would rather have seen Venus win at the end than Lindsay. Venus could have begun her run in 1999. Maybe your dream was really trying to figure out the outcome if Venus had made the final to face Steffi that year rather than facing her in the quarterfinal.

Utautai
Jul 13th, 2008, 04:35 AM
The crowd is going crazy and my heart is breaking. Steffi steps up to serve for the championship and all of a sudden a HUGE downpour comes cancelling play right away......and Steffi says, "Oh my GOD, not NOW!" The players run off court and then that was the end of the dream....

:lol: Awww Steffi :lol:
Oooh! I'd pay to watch this dream of yours! HehehE!

Only recently caught that wimbledon QF match, I must say I really enjoyed the tennis from both players. Like what the above poster said, the quality and excitement was worthy of a GS championship match. :)

mckyle.
Jul 13th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Dreams are not that realistic. You're making half that shit up just to keep people interested.

MaBaker
Jul 13th, 2008, 08:14 AM
:confused:

:scratch:

:spit:

:lol:

:confused:

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jul 13th, 2008, 04:35 PM
[/I]

:haha:

At least the dream was exciting, but honestly cut the whole analysis crap. It only means that you're dangerously obsessed in tennis.
LOL, I know that ;)

Funny thing - I used to have dreams all the time about meeting Venus and Serena but when it finally happened, they stopped.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jul 13th, 2008, 04:36 PM
It's ok. I think it means Steffi and Venus come from different eras and we shouldn't be trying to wonder which of the two is better. They are both undoubtedly the two best Wimbledon ladies' champions in history thus far ( and yes, I included Navratilova in the consideration).

I remember very vividly that 1999 QF between them, and I still believe for that year, that was the final. If Venus had been in Davenport's half, Davenport would never have been Wimbledon champion. Venus would have been in the final. The rains and Steffi"s age the amount of tennis she played up to Wimbledon (she had just won Roland Garros) and leg injury played a huge role in the outcome of that final. I would rather have seen Venus win at the end than Lindsay. Venus could have begun her run in 1999. Maybe your dream was really trying to figure out the outcome if Venus had made the final to face Steffi that year rather than facing her in the quarterfinal.
Yeah - I remember that match. If Venus had to lose (other than Serena) I would rather it be Steffi. Too bad she couldn't win the final.

Dave.
Jul 13th, 2008, 04:59 PM

:lol:

Lindsay was the best player on tour and would go on to dominate later in the year. She would not have lost to Venus in the form she was in that Wimbledon. The Lindsay of 1999 was alot better than the one that lost the final in 2000 after returning from injury. Sorry but that was Lindsay's time. Before that Wimbledon she was 8-1 vs Venus. It would be a whole other year before Venus started dominating for the 4 months that she did in 2000.