PDA

View Full Version : Double Handed B/H and F/H

wales1994
Jul 10th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Has anyone here got two hands on the forehand and backhand

I'm 14 but cannot hit one handed a all but i hit loads of winners with 2 hands i've played all the big tournaments in Wales and i've never seen anyone else with one

Players

Bartoli
Morigami
Nakumara
???

Uranium
Jul 10th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Parra Santonja
Maria Sanchez Lorenzo
Su-Wei Hsieh
Santoro(ATP)
Peng Shaui
Yan Zi
Monica Niculescu(sometimes)

Adal
Jul 10th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Seles :speakles:

Rhémila
Jul 10th, 2008, 05:34 PM
i'm also 14 and i also hit double handed backhand and forehand sometimes. the shots are stronger, but in my opinion you can take less control. I prefer one handed forehand. :angel:

J.Bravo
Jul 10th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Jan Michael Gambill, Fabrice Santoro are a few males with two hands on both wings. Also Nadal use to play two hands on both sides too when he was younger.

ArturoAce.
Jul 10th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I tried double fisted both sides...but the grip feels too awkward when you switch from fh to bh

wales1994
Jul 10th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Seles :speakles:

I was thinking more about active players

serenus_2k8
Jul 10th, 2008, 06:44 PM
:lol: I just cant imagine hitting a 2 handed forehand, though I am trying to get better at a one handed backhand coz its nice to mix things up :p

wales1994
Jul 10th, 2008, 06:45 PM
I get loads of control from my forehand and backhand and my angle is just the best part

I hit with quite alot of power to?

And theres

Kristina kucova

J. Knowle

mirzalover
Jul 10th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Jie Zheng from what I heard used to have two hand of both sides but switched.

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 10th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I get loads of control from my forehand and backhand and my angle is just the best part

I hit with quite alot of power to?

And theres

Kristina kucova

J. Knowle

Yeah, Knowle was a pretty cool singles player in his heyday and is still pretty good in doubles. Fabrice Santoro is probably the best example for how much one can do in terms of creating spin on slices from a two handed forehand although then again I'm not sure anyone else could pull off what he does.

You might want to experiment with trying some shots with both the single hand forehand and the two handhanded forehand. It may turn out you are more comfortable hitting some shots two handed and some shots one handed. For example, as Uranium pointed out, Monica Niculescu hits her forehand slices with one hand but most of her other forehands she hits with two hands.

wales1994
Jul 10th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Well i slice one handed, volley one handed, and if im stretched far i use one hands but i mostly hit groundstrokes which are doubled handed

shrOOf
Jul 10th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Korina Perkovic I think ;)

Rhémila
Jul 10th, 2008, 07:24 PM
most of the times I play one handed forehand. my backhand is always doublehanded except for the dropshot ;). I don't practice a lot with double handed both sides, so I guess that's the reason I'm not that good at it.

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 10th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Well i slice one handed, volley one handed, and if im stretched far i use one hands but i mostly hit groundstrokes which are doubled handed

Very cool. :rocker:

You definately got to check out Monica Niculescu. She has an absolutely amazing game and it sounds like yours has a lot of similarities with it.

Dodoboy.
Jul 10th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I couldn't imagine doing that.

I need to watch more players using it because i just wouldn't know where to start to be honest :lol:

Medina
Jul 10th, 2008, 09:54 PM
I do it for fun, but when i play my tournaments i dont dare do it :lol:. I immitate Yan Zi's motion and her grip it feels conforatble. But it feels awkward ot change direction and all.

SV_Fan
Jul 10th, 2008, 09:55 PM
I hit 2 hands on both sides. I dont change grips though. I volley 2 handed. But When pulled out wide I use 1 hand. But lucky for me I can do a split. I am very very very very nimble and flexible.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jul 10th, 2008, 10:30 PM
I play two hands :wavey: I use the one handed slice alot

young_gunner913
Jul 10th, 2008, 10:37 PM
I use both hands on FH and BH as well. I'll hit a one handed FH in longer rallies but when going for a winner I always use two hands. I have more control and power.

NeeemZ
Jul 11th, 2008, 01:42 AM
I have tried two hands both sides but it's too weird on the forehand. I always play two handed backhand though, even when I'm volleying.

drake3781
Jul 11th, 2008, 03:32 AM
I have to say I've never seen anybody but a few pros play a one-handed FH. Surprised so many people say they use it. Too late now, but it would be interesting to know more about you such as sex and country and playing level, to see if there is any correlation.

For me, I have a one-handed FH but thought I have a two-handed BH. But somebody recently told me I have a one-handed BH and just use my other hand to set up the shot. So now I really don't know. :confused: Kinda weird to not even know what my own game is.

wales1994
Jul 16th, 2008, 09:20 AM
I have to say I've never seen anybody but a few pros play a one-handed FH. Surprised so many people say they use it. Too late now, but it would be interesting to know more about you such as sex and country and playing level, to see if there is any correlation.

For me, I have a one-handed FH but thought I have a two-handed BH. But somebody recently told me I have a one-handed BH and just use my other hand to set up the shot. So now I really don't know. :confused: Kinda weird to not even know what my own game is.

im a boy and i compete at high welsh level